Nurse available by email
Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencyAbington Mem Hosp
866-803-2218
Columbia
5450 Knoll North Drive
Columbia, MD 21045
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vasiliki Moragianni to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Northern Virginia to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Dr. Moragianni is very personable and I have felt very well taken care of during my treatment with her. She brings some lighthearted humor to the whole process, which helps with stress. I have never had difficulty in setting up consultations to see her during my treatment cycles when I needed them. She is patient in listening to my questions about the current state of research, medication, or voodoo supplements that could apply to/help my condition, and always gives candid but kind responses. She also does a great job of explaining the details if you are like me, and want to see and (try to) understand the numbers. She is also nearly always available to call me back quickly when I have questions, even if she is not in my office location that day. She also has always made sure to call me with the results of my pregnancy tests and embryo CCS results, which I appreciate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. Dr. Moragianni will take the time to kindly explain things to you if you want the details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
The CCRM Northern Virginia practice is small and this makes it very personable. You see a doctor for every ultrasound appointment, which I found very comforting. Additionally, my doctor, Dr. Moragianni, has been available for most of these appointments -- another plus. I also noticed that she made an extra effort to see me at my ultrasounds when I began my IVF cycles. The surgery center for egg retrievals is on site (if you are in the VA office), which also helps keep a complex process less stressful. You get to see all of the nurses and staff at some point, and they often will remember your name if you see the more than once. They are all genuinely nice people who seem to care about and like what they are doing. Its reassuring to always see a friendly face when I am there. We are still in treatment, but even if things don't work out I do think I will leave feeling like I was well-cared for.
Describe the protocols Vasiliki Moragianni used in your cycles at CCRM Northern Virginia and their degree of success.
I suffer from PCOS, so Dr. Moragianni started me on Letrozole with Ovidrel trigger shots for several TI cycles. These cycles all produced appropriate follicles, but I unfortunately did not conceive. I requested to move straight to IVF, and have completed two eggs retrievals. Dr. Moragianni used an antagonist protocol using Gonal-F (125) and Menopur (1 vial), with Cetrotide, and a Lupron trigger. Both cycles produced many mature eggs, and I had good fertilization rates with ICSI. Even though there was a steep drop-off in testable blastocysts, I have two CCS-normal embryos so far. Next step will either be a third cycle or a FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen)
Maureen is an excellent nurse, and as the first-line responder to my many questions she is usually able to get back to me same-day. The clinic has an email system for questions, but if you need a quicker response you can usually get a hold of her or another nurse on the phone as well. She genuinely cares about her patients and is great about checking in. You get to see all of the nurses and staff at some point, and they often will remember your name if you see the more than once. Even is very friendly, and when I need help with an injection timed near my appointment someone has always been available to help me. The phlebotomist, Mark, is an absolute magician -- I have yet to have a bruise! (and I usually do)
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The clinic's strength is in its small size, which makes them very patient-focused. I never felt that I was in an assembly-line environment, and I am happy I can see a doctor at every appointment. The same benefit applies to every other aspect, from the surgery team to the embryologists, to the front staff and financial staff -- you get to speak with all of them directly, and they will remember you. The weakness I have experienced have been mainly admin related, which likely is the result of the fact that the clinic is somewhat new; sometimes calls are forwarded to the Denver office as a backup, but they can't book appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia.
CCRM is slightly more expensive than another, large clinic I considered in the DC area. We have used health insurance benefits for our treatments thus far, however we had to pay out of pocket for the surgery center for egg retrievals and CCS testing. We will be self-pay going forward. As I understand it, CCRM has slightly lower rates for self-pay patients, with an IVF cycle package with CCS testing (not including transfer and meds) costing a flat fee of about $10K.
Describe Vasiliki Moragianni's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Northern Virginia.
I have not yet done an FET, but my understanding is that CCRM's policy for women my age is to transfer only a single CCS-normal embryo.
North VA

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia.

3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Enjoy a vastly different experience with her [Dr. Moragianni]...as your trusted advisor, as your coach and as a caring professional...Our baby girl was born in August and we are overflowing with deep gratitude for all Dr. M did to bring her into this world... I will also add that as the primary patient, I am a bit high maintenance...lots of questions, lots of worries and a total wimp with medical procedures. Dr. M was so patient with me and used her charming personality to relax me and calm me down during some of the stressful episodes of our journey. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Moragianni to anyone trying to conceive via IVF. I believe our relationship with her and her expertise and knowledge was instrumental to our success.
3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
We can't say enough positive things about our experience with Dr. Moragianni! After several unsuccessful IVF procedures at another popular fertility clinic in Northern Virginia, we decided to meet with Dr. Moragianni to see if she could offer us a different and more promising strategy. My husband and I are both in our mid and late forties so while we were very aware of the statistics, we still wanted to try everything. Dr. M spent an hour and a half with us during our first meeting and patiently explained all of our options in great detail but with warmth and care. It was such a wonderful experience that we immediately decided to start working with her. When we chose a path that was statistically not very promising, Dr. M was still extremely supportive and encouraging giving us the right amount of hope balanced with the facts. When that didn't work, we tried our next option and spent many months working with Dr. M to make our dreams a reality. In December of 2016, right before Christmas, we were told we were pregnant!!! She was as excited as we were and we enjoyed many special moments as we checked on our fetus and heard her heartbeat in early 2017. Our baby girl was born in August and we are overflowing with deep gratitude for all Dr. M did to bring her into this world. I will also add that as the primary patient, I am a bit high maintenance...lots of questions, lots of worries and a total wimp with medical procedures. Dr. M was so patient with me and used her charming personality to relax me and calm me down during some of the stressful episodes of our journey. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Moragianni to anyone trying to conceive via IVF. I believe our relationship with her and her expertise and knowledge was instrumental to our success.
Enjoy a vastly different experience with her...as your trusted advisor, as your coach and as a caring professional.
She is extremely patient and has a wonderful personality so her bedside manner was comforting and jovial. She was supportive and encouraging even when we chose options that were not statistically promising.
I wish I could remember them all but I don't. I remember lots of shots and some pills during a stimulated cycle and then more shots and maybe some pills with preparing for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Valerie Cyrus)
Warm, friendly and always on time with next steps. Clear on all communications about protocols and prompt with answers to questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
The clinic was quiet, peaceful and clean. They were flexible if I was late and communicated clearly about when we'd see doctors, etc. Recovery and waiting rooms were decorated well...didn't feel austere. The only weakness would be its location.
For my age, Dr. Moragianni absolutely made the right decision. I got pregnant on our first transfer of a donor egg with my husband's sperm. If we had transferred two at my age, I know my pregnancy and delivery would be even more difficult. I am thankful to have a little girl and have my health in tact so I can take good care of her for many years.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Moragianni] is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and thorough. Did not have a condescending attitude like my previous provider. Made me feel comfortable choosing to go with her and the clinic for IVF. I trust her 100%.... Based on my age and ovarian reserve, I was only given the option to transfer one embryo because the chances of success are so high. I believe this is the right decision for the safety of the mother and potential baby.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at CCRM Northern Virginia?
She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and thorough. Did not have a condescending attitude like my previous provider. Made me feel comfortable choosing to go with her and the clinic for IVF. I trust her 100%.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She is more than happy to provide you all of the treatment information in detail.
She took the time during our first consult to go over everything in detail with us. I did not feel rushed. She is very calm and supportive.
I haven’t started treatment yet but I trust that the plan I’ve been provided will give me the best results compared to other ivf plans from other doctors. I think she chooses the best medications and practices, especially for safety and best possible outcomes. The monitoring will be very frequent and risk of OHSS very little.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Northern Virginia. (Assigned nurse: Maureen Hanton)
Very supportive and caring. The office seems a bit overwhelmed at times and I do not always hear back on the day that I call. Email communication has been great though.
Describe your experience with CCRM Northern Virginia.
Newer in my area but well established clinic in other areas of the country. Doesn't feel like a baby factory like some of the other clinics near me. Very nice facility with high quality doctors and staff.
My insurance doesn’t cover IVF so everything is out of pcket. Rates are comparable to other clinics in my area. Multiple plans were provided to choose from.