Nurse available by email
FellowshipMayo Clinic
Stony Brook
2500 Nesconset Hwy
Stony Brook, NY 11790
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vasilios Goudas to a friend?

4.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Goudas] is very straightforward and fact based. He does not sugarcoat anything and will let you know if something does not look good. He did not jump right into treatment for me and had me see other specialists that had to write a recommendation that I was ready to start fertility treatments. I felt he really wanted to make sure that we would have the best chance of success before starting treatment.
Nursing staff [NYU] was not the best. Multiple times I called the office to set up and apt per the doctors instructions and the nurses had no idea what I was talking about. My husband starting doing all communications with the office so I would not get stressed out... Authorizations were not submitted in a timely fashion for a prescription and there was a lack of urgency to notify me of info that my insurance company needed from me.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
He is very straightforward and fact based. He does not sugarcoat anything and will let you know if something does not look good. He did not jump right into treatment for me and had me see other specialists that had to write a recommendation that I was ready to start fertility treatments. I felt he really wanted to make sure that we would have the best chance of success before starting treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Bring any tests results and history from other doctors with you to consult. Make sure you are honest about your current health.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I always felt like a human when speaking directly to the doctor but the office staff treated me like a number.
Nursing staff was not the best. Multiple times I called the office to set up and apt per the doctors instructions and the nurses had no idea what I was talking about. My husband starting doing all communications with the office so I would not get stressed out
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They have good availability when it comes to appointments. I am always able to get the first appointment of the day so I can make it to work on time. The overall weakness is at times it has felt like no one is on the same page. I feel like if I ask someone in the office a question they should all be able to answer or get me an answer in a reasonable timeframe. The insurance person works in a different location so that is another weakness as it takes a few days to hear back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
We have not been billed yet so not sure of costs as we are waiting to hear back from insurance.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
West Islip

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.

We saw Dr. Goudas for our consultation, after that we saw him I believe 1 other time. Different Dr.s are in the office in different days so it's hard to see the Dr when everything is time sensitive. That aspect I wasn't happy about bc each Dr wasn't always fully aware of what the other Dr. had said last appointment....We did 1 month of timed intercourse as they followed my cycle. They followed my cycle from day 3, and then followed up with blood tests and vaginal ultrasounds until ovulation was confirmed
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Repro Specialists] were the heart of this practice. They spent more time with me answering my questions then anyone else. They were very patient and understanding. They offered outside help when needed.... This office is small and Abit out if date looking. The dr.s offices are bare since they are shared with multiple Dr.s. The Soni rooms are very clean, along with where they draw your blood. Overall it's a clean office that has what you need for quick visits.
We saw Dr. Goudas for our consultation, after that we saw him I believe 1 other time. Different Dr.s are in the office in different days so it's hard to see the Dr when everything is time sensitive. That aspect I wasn't happy about bc each Dr wasn't always fully aware of what the other Dr. had said last appointment. The administration side of this office is a bit of a problem. Getting someone on the phone to make an appointment could take an hour. I spoke with billing extensively, and yet was still given the wrong info about insurance and ended up with a big bill. The nurses there are amazing, they took their time and answered every question about every Sono and anything else. They really went above and beyond. I did like the Dr.s in the group that we saw, all of them did take time to go over things. But they need to communicate more since the same Dr.s are not always in the office.
Be prepared to meet with every Dr in the office! And to possibly wait a bit to get a receptionist on the phone
Each appointment the Dr in the office would sit down with us and explain blood work results, what is the next steps etc. The office would call with results or email if they didn't get in touch with us. Appointments were always easy to come by.
Describe the protocols Vasilios Goudas used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
We did 1 month of timed intercourse as they followed my cycle. They followed my cycle from day 3, and then followed up with blood tests and vaginal ultrasounds until ovulation was confirmed with a blood test. The following month we start with Clomid, starting with a day 3 blood test, then vaginal ultrasound to check where I was in my cycle along with more blood work. Next it was vaginal ultrasounds and blood work every other day for almost 2 weeks. Once I had high on on ovulation test, it was intercourse every other day, while still having the blood work and ultrasound. Once I had a peak ovulation test, a blood test was done to confirm, a long with a trigger shot. After that we waited 2 weeks to have a pregnancy blood test. I had start spotting 2 days prior so we were not expecting a positive test. The office called a few hours later that day to confirm it was negitive. The Dr recommend we do another round of the Clomid but bc of not knowing if I blockage in my tubes, we didn't think moving forward was the best idea since insurance would not cover anything and IVF seem like our best and likely option.
The nursing staff were the heart of this practice. They spent more time with me answering my questions then anyone else. They were very patient and understanding. They offered outside help when needed.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Since their financial coordinator was incorrect in her information about my insurance, we are responsible for everything, about $7,000.
I spoke with the financial coordinator for a month to know what my insurance would and would not cover. The person I spoke with was very confident in saying all procedures are covered and a certain amount was allocated towards IVF. After a month of tracking my cycle and another month of a Clomid cycle, I received a call they my insurance actually will not be covering anything and we now have a large bill to pay
Mineola

Dr. Goudas was very open and honest the entire way of the process. He was always talking optimistically and was very disappointed that we were not successful with the process... He wanted to try whatever method he could in order for us to become parents... Dr. Goudas put us on the typical med protocol for egg retrieval and then transfer. The first transfer was successful however we miscarried after 5 and a half weeks due to chromosome abnormalities. Next we did back to back retrievals but all embryos were abnormal.
was not overly thrilled with the clinic [Advanced Fertility Center of Texas] as a whole. Their office staff lacks good, clear communication. I have had horrible times dealing with their financial department and their office manager is not prompt with getting back to you. I also felt as though the clinic was not as up front as they should have been with their pricing. I did like that they offered a teacher discount. However, i felt like the charged me for things I didn't need or use.
How was your experience with Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
I feel Dr. Goudas was a great doctor. He was always straightforward and very optimistic. I know he felt disappointment with the fact that we were not successful. He wanted to try whatever method he could in order for us to become parents.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Ask as many questions as possible and don't be afraid to ask however many times you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Describe the protocols Vasilios Goudas used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas and their degree of success.
I spent a year with Dr. Goudas. He was the 3rd doctor I had been to. By the time I got to him we were ready to go straight to IVF. Dr. Goudas put us on the typical med protocol for egg retrieval and then transfer. The first transfer was successful however we miscarried after 5 and a half weeks due to chromosome abnormalities. Next we did back to back retrievals but all embryos were abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Tralik)
The nursing staff overall was really good. I was pleased with my service from them.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
I unfortunately was not overly thrilled with the clinic as a whole. Their office staff lacks good, clear communication. I have had horrible times dealing with their financial department and their office manager is not prompt with getting back to you. I also felt as though the clinic was not as up front as they should have been with their pricing. I did like that they offered a teacher discount. However, i felt like the charged me for things I didn't need or use.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
My overall costs, excluding insurance, was $30,000.
Describe Vasilios Goudas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.
Dr. Goudas said that he would transfer 2 embryos if we elected to not do PGS testing but probably only 1 if we did PGS testing. I believe my age played a factor as well.
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas?
Advanced Fertility Center of Texas
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vasilios Goudas at Advanced Fertility Center of Texas.