4.3

Stony Brook
2500 Nesconset Hwy
Stony Brook, NY 11790

1 patient review filtered by:

We saw Dr. Goudas for our consultation, after that we saw him I believe 1 other time. Different Dr.s are in the office in different days so it's hard to see the Dr when everything is time sensitive. That aspect I wasn't happy about bc each Dr wasn't always fully aware of what the other Dr. had said last appointment....We did 1 month of timed intercourse as they followed my cycle. They followed my cycle from day 3, and then followed up with blood tests and vaginal ultrasounds until ovulation was confirmed
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Repro Specialists] were the heart of this practice. They spent more time with me answering my questions then anyone else. They were very patient and understanding. They offered outside help when needed.... This office is small and Abit out if date looking. The dr.s offices are bare since they are shared with multiple Dr.s. The Soni rooms are very clean, along with where they draw your blood. Overall it's a clean office that has what you need for quick visits.
How was your experience with Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
We saw Dr. Goudas for our consultation, after that we saw him I believe 1 other time. Different Dr.s are in the office in different days so it's hard to see the Dr when everything is time sensitive. That aspect I wasn't happy about bc each Dr wasn't always fully aware of what the other Dr. had said last appointment. The administration side of this office is a bit of a problem. Getting someone on the phone to make an appointment could take an hour. I spoke with billing extensively, and yet was still given the wrong info about insurance and ended up with a big bill. The nurses there are amazing, they took their time and answered every question about every Sono and anything else. They really went above and beyond. I did like the Dr.s in the group that we saw, all of them did take time to go over things. But they need to communicate more since the same Dr.s are not always in the office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Be prepared to meet with every Dr in the office! And to possibly wait a bit to get a receptionist on the phone
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Each appointment the Dr in the office would sit down with us and explain blood work results, what is the next steps etc. The office would call with results or email if they didn't get in touch with us. Appointments were always easy to come by.
Describe the protocols Vasilios Goudas used in your cycles at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
We did 1 month of timed intercourse as they followed my cycle. They followed my cycle from day 3, and then followed up with blood tests and vaginal ultrasounds until ovulation was confirmed with a blood test. The following month we start with Clomid, starting with a day 3 blood test, then vaginal ultrasound to check where I was in my cycle along with more blood work. Next it was vaginal ultrasounds and blood work every other day for almost 2 weeks. Once I had high on on ovulation test, it was intercourse every other day, while still having the blood work and ultrasound. Once I had a peak ovulation test, a blood test was done to confirm, a long with a trigger shot. After that we waited 2 weeks to have a pregnancy blood test. I had start spotting 2 days prior so we were not expecting a positive test. The office called a few hours later that day to confirm it was negitive. The Dr recommend we do another round of the Clomid but bc of not knowing if I blockage in my tubes, we didn't think moving forward was the best idea since insurance would not cover anything and IVF seem like our best and likely option.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The nursing staff were the heart of this practice. They spent more time with me answering my questions then anyone else. They were very patient and understanding. They offered outside help when needed.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasilios Goudas at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Since their financial coordinator was incorrect in her information about my insurance, we are responsible for everything, about $7,000.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I spoke with the financial coordinator for a month to know what my insurance would and would not cover. The person I spoke with was very confident in saying all procedures are covered and a certain amount was allocated towards IVF. After a month of tracking my cycle and another month of a Clomid cycle, I received a call they my insurance actually will not be covering anything and we now have a large bill to pay
Vasilios Goudas