Medical SchoolAmerican U. Of Beirut
Glendale, CA 91208
Bakersfield
2031 17th St
Bakersfield, CA 93301
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vicken Sahakian to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pacific Fertility Center LA to a friend?
2005 - 2011
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr Sahakian was candid, knowledge and personable through the whole process. He was able to explain the process and different alternatives to us in a language that we understood...We are a gay male couple and used a surrogate for IVF...Dr Sahakian was able to answer all of our questions and we felt confident in his abilities as our fertility doctor...He met with us and was candid and personable through the entire process...we were, and are happy with the results and our now nine-year-old triplets !
2005 - 2011
European, East Asian
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA?
Dr Sahakian was candid, knowledge and personable through the whole process. He was able to explain the process and different alternatives to us in a language that we understood. Although we had two unsuccessful IVF attempts, when we finally did get pregnant on the third attempt, we were, and are happy with the results and our now nine-year-old triplets !
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and take notes, Dr Sahakian was able to answer all of our questions and we felt confident in his abilities as our fertility doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA?
He met with us and was candid and personable through the entire process.
Describe the protocols Vicken Sahakian used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center LA and their degree of success.
We are a gay male couple and used a surrogate for IVF. Our first attempt using fresh embryos resulted in a miscarriage early in the pregnancy. Our second attempt with the use of leftover frozen embryos did not result in a pregnancy at all. We then changed egg donors, and used the same surrogate. Our third and final attempt, with fresh embryos that we allowed to go to blastocyst, resulted in triplets. They were carried 33 weeks and 3 days and were born healthy and did not need to go to the NICU.
Our experience with the nurses was over 10 years ago, so it is difficult to remember other than it was a positive experience and we felt that the nurses that we worked with were compassionate and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center LA.
The clinic was clean and organized and centrally located. We had positive experiences there with all of our visits.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA.
It's been over 10 years, honestly I don't remember the exact costs I believe we paid for three IVF procedures rather than one at a time. I think the cost of the time for three was around $18- 20,000. If a successful pregnancy did not result, the percentage of the money would've been returned .
Describe Vicken Sahakian's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center LA.
We choose to do a transfer with three embryos because it was our third and final attempt and we wanted to be sure of a pregnancy. We were not expecting triplets, and Dr Sahakian gave us the statistics in detail, So we choose to implant three embryos and it turned out to be a blessing.
2007 - 2010
4 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
2007 - 2010
4 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA?
Dr. Sahakian was my second Doctor after I spent a year at a different clinic. The Dr. at the first clinic was very kind, but not aggressive in his approach. I spent a year doing 6 shots a day, 3 different drugs, garnering one egg each cycle. Nowhere did he say let's step this up and use an egg donor. In my first meeting with Dr. Sahakian he got right to the point, which I loved, but his delivery was very kind. After 3 failed IVF's with my first set of donors (one miscarriage), he diligently shifted to having me go through immunology testing in order to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant with donor eggs. We then switched donors and lead to my successful pregnancy and delivery of my twin girls.
Expect Dr. Sahakian to be direct with his approach, yet kind in his delivery. You will always know where things stand, and what's around the bend.
Dr. Sahakian was always kind, aware of my feelings. He took time to explain where we were in the process, and field questions with patience and grace.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center LA. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
Every time I walked in the PFC I felt welcome. From Nicole at the front desk, to the nursing and cycle coordinators. Some days I left like they wanted it to happen for me more than I did - lol. They were amazing.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center LA.
The clinic as organized, rarely if ever behind schedule, everyone was always on top of their game. I spent a LOT of time there and don't ever remember feeling stressed or bothered.
I recall he offered a package plan for 3 IVFs. If you did not get pregnant to 12 weeks (not sure of time frame it's been 9 years) he would refund tou $12k. I wished I used it! I got pregnant on the third IVF and lost the baby at 9 weeks. I signed up for the package deal with my second set of donors and Murphy's law would have it that I got pregnant with my twins on the first IVF in that package. I would encourage anyone to use the deal. It ends up saving you money no matter what.
IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Sahakian took the time to meet with me personally, as the GC, and each member of his staff have always been both really friendly and very responsive to all my needs and questions.... I was able to have a separate phone call with a list of questions to interview him. I was really impressed with his history, passion, experience and knowledge about IVF.... He is very professional, and very busy. Sometimes I had to wait an extra 10 minutes, sometimes if I was there early they got me in early.
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA?
I was able to have a separate phone call with a list of questions to interview him. I was really impressed with his history, passion, experience and knowledge about IVF. If I recall correctly he's been doing this for over 25 years.
He is very professional, and very busy. Sometimes I had to wait an extra 10 minutes, sometimes if I was there early they got me in early. He will be matter of fact and very clear about what he needs you to do. He knows what he's doing, listen to him.
Med screening, linking checks, IVF transfer meds specific to my needs. Follow up. We had an unexpected 16 week loss and he texted me personally and helped me through it. It seems he often works 7 days a week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center LA. (Assigned nurse: Ashleigh )
They reach out to me via phone and email on a regular basis.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center LA.
Check out their website, read reviews, look at facebook. Google them. They are 100% great. The nurses, the facility, the location, the doctor, the med protocols, everything. Parking is about $25 but valet makes it easy to use and there is a pharmacy in the building.
I'm am the GC so I did not deal with the finances.
We chose to transfer two. He supported us.
2012 - 2013
Dr. Vicken truly showed care and attention during my treatments as well as his staff. Warm and thoughtful....Dr. Vicken has a great personality. He was very positive and hopeful and at the same time, straight to the point. I appreciate his honest and candid attitude...The wait is very very long and he is usually late so be patient and plan to be gone for a while if you work or have other commitments.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA?
We tried IVF 3 times. The fist time the cycle was canceled, my ovaries were not really responding to the meds. I was on Follistim 375 and Menopur 150 for about a week. The second time, he put me on Birth control for 21 day. He added a 3 medication in addition to the Follistim and Menopur he also put me on Lupron 15U. The egg retrieval was not successful he could not inseminate my eggs, the quality was very poor. My third time and last time was basically the same as the previous protocol. During the egg retrieval he realized that my eggs were already out of my ovaries, he did an IUI immediately after but we were not successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center LA. (Assigned nurse: Alma)
They were caring and showed a lot of compassion every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center LA.
The location in LA is challenging to park. Since they are usually very late park your car somewhere with plenty of time on the meter if you drive to your appointments. The parking lot at the clinic in Westwood is a rip off.
My treatments were 75% covered by the insurance. One of the treatment I was not charged for, I only paid for the cost of the Anesthesiologist.
2008 - 2011
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Sahakian was just super busy and had so many patients I think it was hard for him to remember everyone. He was nice and had okay bedside manner just too many patients...I really liked Dr. Sahakian. He was the first doctor that could really diagnose me and suggest IVF. I was very young so I felt like prior doctors didn't think I'd have to do IVF. He didn't waste any more time which I was grateful for. He is a busy man and had lots of patients but was a great doctor.
2008 - 2011
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA?
Just know that he's good at what he does.
I remember he had a hard time at first figuring out what dose of the meds he should give me. I reacted almost too well and so I wish he was a little more conservative at first with my meds. One cycle I ended up making hundreds and hundreds of follicles so we had to cancel the retrieval. It was really hard for me to go through.
They were all very nice and were sensitive to what I was going through. When they had to cancel my cycle I just started bawling. They were there to comfort me and helped me feel better.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center LA.
The clinic is very nice. They also had a special waiting area for moms who had kids with them. I liked that a lot. I always felt bad bringing my kids to appointments with people who were trying to get pregnant. This way we had a special room with toys and we didn't have to distract other patients.
This was a long time ago now but we did receive a discount because we didn't make that much money. I think we only had to pay around 7,000.
3 IVF, Donor Sperm
After my retreaval the doctor [Dr. Sahakian] didn’t follow up with me when my egg didn’t fertilize.... The doctor was not focused during my treatment because he was going through medical issues. He was Nut available for my 2nd transfer. When the transfer was done the other doctor explained everything to me. St that moment I realized he was not the doctor for me.... I was put on the same treatment each time. Folistim Memopher Goneral
European, Latino
3 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Vicken Sahakian at Pacific Fertility Center LA?
Make sure he is dedicated to your case.
After my retreaval the doctor didn’t follow up with me when my egg didn’t fertilize.
I was put on the same treatment each time. Folistim Memopher Goneral
The staff was okay. I feel like the medication instructions were not clear. I wasn’t advised that the progesterone should not be drawn and left ready to go because the plastic changes the hormone.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center LA.
No age limit -strength They don’t discourage you if you want to try with your own eggs. It’s a nice office. Parking in the building. Pharmacy downstairs to fill your prescription open 6 days a week.
Each cycle the medication was around $5,000 A package of 3 tries was around $16,500
Always had one embryo transferred each time.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center LA?