Available by cell phone
7400 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77054
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vicki Schnell to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CORM to a friend?
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Schnell] has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.... She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested
I think the clinic [CORM] is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there....I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories!... I have been in for a lot of blood work and had a few different nurses but all have been very friendly and helpful when it comes to questions!
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
We have only been with her since January, we wanted a second opinion and she had a lot of recommendations from friends and family. She has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is very to the point but you can tell she cares!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
A family member told her our story and she called us to set up an appointment. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call or text her anytime.
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested since we had 3 already fail, she did a mock cycle where we had a hysteroscopy and an ERA biopsy. We are currently waiting on those results to see our next steps.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think the clinic is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there. I have several friends who have had success stories with different doctors at this location and I am looking forward to ours! I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories! Although we haven’t been there long I would recommend them to those starting their journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance doesn’t cover very much and we have a high deductible. Our mock cycle was about $1800 with medicine and the procedure I believe. Our genetic testing was about $800, embryo testing about $2200, and random blood work.
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
We have not got this far in our conversations!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
I’ve gone through so much [with Dr. Vicki Schnell], I can’t remember specifics. I’ve gone through IUIs, natural cycles with fertility meds, IVF, egg retrieval with freeze all cycle. We did genetic testing on all embryos. I have recurrent miscarriages, endometriosis, and unexplained infertility. Everything she has done, went along with those things, especially with endometriosis being the catalyst to all of my problems.
We have had ups and downs with this clinic [CORM-Webster], but overall we have had a really good experience. They are pretty flexible when they can be, and try to accommodate you as best they can. Once they ironed out the “too many people” on our case, things got a whole lot better.... There was just one incident where they scheduled me for an appointment, then when I got to the clinic, someone had cancelled my appointment without informing me
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I absolutely love Dr. Schnell. She has tried everything and covers all of her bases. She even consults with other doctors when we hit bumps in the road with our treatment. I love that she doesn’t give up on us, and we are a very hard case!
Always ask questions if you have them. Don’t be afraid, she will explain everything that you are unsure of.
This is the BEST dr in this field. We have been through so much together and she hasn’t given up on us yet. Everything we go through is very personalized and she feels our pain and is very compassionate when something doesn’t work out. Even though we haven’t gotten our happy ending yet, I would never go with another dr. If we are going to get pregnant and carry a baby to term, I know dr Schnell will be the one who gets us there.
I’ve gone through so much, I can’t remember specifics. I’ve gone through IUIs, natural cycles with fertility meds, IVF, egg retrieval with freeze all cycle. We did genetic testing on all embryos. I have recurrent miscarriages, endometriosis, and unexplained infertility. Everything she has done, went along with those things, especially with endometriosis being the catalyst to all of my problems.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Nicole O’brien)
Once we complained about having too many nurses on our case, with lots of miscommunication, we were assigned the head nurse. She is amazing. Some of the nurses seem confused at times.
Describe your experience with CORM.
We have had ups and downs with this clinic, but overall we have had a really good experience. They are pretty flexible when they can be, and try to accommodate you as best they can. Once they ironed out the “too many people” on our case, things got a whole lot better.
Well over $35,000
She chose to only transfer one embryo at a time bc of my recurrent miscarriages and failed implantation.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018...she is very brash and seems to be uncaring...I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
[CORM] Strength ...they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm .... my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time... . Communication and overall explanation is very poor...They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I think as I mentioned before she is very brash and seems to be uncaring . I only went to see her because of a friend recommendation who got pregnant with her on IUI cycle but misscary later on . I wish she would meet with the patients more often or even check how ones doing . It is a grueling process and it nice to see that someone whom you just paid (not directly ) $$$$$$ would care to ring you and ask how things are going . Instead you play cat and mouse game of calling a triage line and waiting for a nurse to call back . If you have an emergency question like I had you wait for hours for someone to haves mercy and call you back . They always do but a lot of the time I was on the brick of a nervous breakdown or simply annoyed with that practice . As I said I feeel like she should show her face more . Once she saw me getting a blood work done I felt like she almost run away after seeing me . May be it is just her and being awkward with people but I know if I invest all I have financially and emotionally I need to see the same from the Dr as well . Well she ain’t that
Go elsewhere , I am trying Perfetto next and after that a different clinic in different state . Houston doesn’t really have a good fertility clicnic. This is my second one .
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018. He whole clinic is run by Rn’s and BCN’s who are nice but don’t have the same knowledge as a Dr would .
She first saw me in November after my failed IUI attempts at another clinic . She set things straight as weather we do more invasive IUI with injection previously only done with clomid or we go for IVF . Since my coverage was starting in January we decided to go agead and wait a few months prepping for the best IVF outcomes . Bunch of tests were ordered some used from the previous clinic like genetic testing. My man and FSH . Firstly in January my FSH was super high and no one wanted to admit but from what I know it is due to overdose of clomid at first clinic . So naturally it went down the next cycle and thank god to wheatgrass shots . So we started our journey - ultrasounds more blood work. Estrogen priming . Baseline showers a giant cyst . Set back . She put me on birhcontrol . Btw when I said she I mean nurses I have not talked to her ever since that November appointment . Cyst was gone the next cylcle and I stared my injections . Gonal-250 am and pm micro HCG pm hen after 7-8 days I think Cetrotite so 4 injections total . Ultrasounds , blood work etc . And a trigger shot which somehow my nurse filled in and out inside the gonal f box and I tossed it as I couldn’t see it . I had paniclalg called the clinic on a day of a trigger to find a replacement . Dr called me after almost 2 hours and couldn’t say much but sorry . Thank god I had an extra ovidrel from my last IUI so I triggered with that
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica matches Dr schnell personality . She sometimes very warm and some days I am scared to ask any questions and some I don’t even get to see her and BCN for Dr Perfetto subs for her . They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any . For example my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - overall I fell better there than the previous clinic as you see smiley faces and they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm . Also I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Since my insurance paid some amount we are still in the process of submitting and approving claims . So far we have paid 4K but expecting more
I don’t think she ever said anything like that but nurse was saying one at a time

IVF, Surrogacy
She [Dr. Schnell] really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF ... we have to use a surrogate. ... Every time I walked into her office she knew me by name and knew my medical history by heart without ever having to refer back to my file ... My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. ... She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. ...
The clinic [C.O.R.M.] is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. ... They [nurses] were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable ... I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she [nurse] managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF. My husband and I decline to do genetic testing on ourselves because it was optional. We decided to do genetic testing on our embryos because that is all we really cared about. We even signed our consent forms stating we are refusing genetic testing on ourselves. Dr. Schnell asked us very politely why we refused our genetic testing. She was concerned because I am of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage and we carry specific genetic diseases. She explained further that the genetic testing on the embryos was not as detailed as the genetic testing we get on ourselves. She made us realize that it was in our and our future baby’s best interest to go the extra mile to make sure everything was okay. She really cared about us and our future baby.
She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. She will not hesitate to answer any and all questions and will really break everything down for you
We are currently going through IVF with egg freezing because we have to use a surrogate. Our IVF plan is to start me on birth control for about 2 weeks and then start self administered hormone injections. I will do hormone injections for about 2 weeks. Once my eggs are mature they will be removed for fertilization and freezing
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie Plaunty)
She is amazing! She always responds with any questions that day if not within the hour. I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. The office was very clear on treatment costs which was nice because we knew upfront exactly what was expected and there were no surprises on payments. Also there was one visit I had where I was getting a lot of blood drawn because I was getting multiple tests done. They were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable and if I ever felt dizzy they had extra staff on standby to offer cold towels and juice. Something that seemed so small really made me feel comfortable and confident in my choice of a fertility clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Unfortunately by insurance denied by IVF treatment so all costs were out of pocket
My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. This is because there is always a small chance of having twins or triplets or more and for the safety of her patient and future child she does not want to put any of us at an unnecessary risk. Complicates can always arise during pregnancy and increasing the odds of having multiple children at once can increase those risks

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Don’t expect to see her [Dr. Schnell] at every appointment...THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB...she will only transfer one embryo.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients...I never have had just one nurse that has been assigned to me. There is always a different nurse who calls me and responds to my questions. All are real knowledgeable. They are just unorganized and do not communicate with one another. It has made this process hard on us at times...This experience has been hectic. No one ever seems to know what is going on with my case and I have to explain it to almost every nurse that calls me back.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Schnell is great. I love her as my doctor. As I mentioned before, she is too busy and we hardly were ever able to see her in person. We were always passed on to her other colleagues. When we have visited with her, she always tries to come up with different protocols that could work for my body and our needs.
Don’t expect to see her at every appointment.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients and Schnell is just too busy to handle each patient. We are then passed on to her colleagues for procedures or treatments. I love her. I think she is great. I’d just like to see her more.
The first round included Gonal f and Cetrotide. That round failed and resulted in a IUI. THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Some of the receptionists are a little bit rude and have lost their patience with my husband. One of the newer clinics is highly u organized and the nurses and staff there do not seem to get along much.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Most was covered under our insurance. However, medications and injections have no been cheap.
I understand why she will only transfer one embryo.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

Dr. Schnell is very smart and very detailed in what she does. She talks quickly so some may not gravitate towards her. She’s very compassionate and is very positive even when things don’t go as planned she ALWAYS has a way to figure out what’s going on. ... She didn’t want to over stimulate me so she was very thorough as far as what dosage and tweaking the dosage when needed. ... Dr.schnell is very serious about only putting one embryo in for us, she believes our embryos are very high quality and we are very healthy and doesn’t want it to result it multiples.
The only thing I can say is there is one lady who is terrible at taking blood but I ask for someone else every time I have her ... The clinic [CORM] itself Is wecoming, clean, and comfortable. ... Everyone I have encountered has been extremely compassionate, our last FET fail Angelica one of the nurses gave my husband and I a sympathy card. I feel they went above and beyond trying to make me fee Comfortable and to comfort me in a time Of need as well.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is very smart and very detailed in what she does. She talks quickly so some may not gravitate towards her. She’s very compassionate and is very positive even when things don’t go as planned she ALWAYS has a way to figure out what’s going on. Answers every question you can imagine, and trust me I ask 90 million questions. She’s also very thorough and makes both my husband and I very comfortable. My husband even feels comfortable enough with her to ask questions about himself personally.
Although she is a fast thinker and quick talker. If you don’t understand she will go through lengths to explain it to you. If you don’t understand her just ask again, or even ask her to slow down. Your comfort level with her will be unlike any doctor. She knows what she is doing.
I feel like a human eveeyte I talk to dr.schnell she explains all my options and answers ALL my questions.
We did a freeze all IVF cycle with GONAL F, cetrotide and micro ovidrel. With a lupron trigger. She didn’t want to over stimulate me so she was very thorough as far as what dosage and tweaking the dosage when needed. For the transfers we did FET stimulates/natural cycle which I took letrazole, tamoxifen l, trigger injection and mini dose injection. We transferred one frozen embryo and had a BFN. About a month before this cycle she went in and removed some scarring from my lining so she believed my lining didn’t get as thick and she wanted so we tried a different cycle and implanted one embryo I did tamoxifen, Vivell progesterone patches, endometrium, IM P4, dexamethasone, and lovenox. Which resulted in a BFN. We then went to do an ERA and found out my body is slower at responding to the medications and that I need to start the progesterone earlier and that I have to put the embryo in so many hours after. We haven’t don’t another transfer since we found this information out. That will be our next step.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The only thing I can say is there is one lady who is terrible at taking blood but I ask for someone else every time I have her. There’s no issues after that. The clinic itself Is wecoming, clean, and comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Insurance covered all my meds. They offer in house options and they also offer companies that help with fertility loans. We went the ARC and our loan was for 17,000 I believe. If I could do it all over again I would have went directly through the clinic itself.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
It is very obvious she [Dr. Schnell] has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest... I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed...After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy.
The nurses [at CORM] were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor... The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number...If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is very kind and understanding. It is very obvious she has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest. I really appreciate her. I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed.
Prospective patients should listen to her advice and guidance. Feel free to trust her because she will do what is in your best interest.
Moment I walked in the office I was greeted and asked to sign in. Once I signed in I was called by name and spoke with at least 3 people during my visit. They were all personable, attentive and kind. They ensured they knew my previous information before speaking with me so we didn't have to waste time explaining anything. I feel very comfortable here. I am mostly appreciative that I am heard and Dr. Schnell, along with the nurses and all office workers, show empathy.
I am in the early stages. After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy. While in surgery she noticed that my fallopian tubes were fused together. She was able to open them. Unfortunately, I am left with scarred tubes making it hard for an egg to maneuver its way to my uterus. The only option now is IVF. This is the only way for me to conceive. The first step was for me attending an IVF seminar. Dr. Schnell is now waiting for me to get started with treatments. My only hold up is accessing the funds to begin the next steps. While we wait she gave me a calendar to mark ovulation. I take my body temperature the same time every month and I chart the start and end of my cycle. I must continue to do this until it I am prepared to begin the IVF process.
The nurses were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Center of Reproductive Medicine is located in an office building in the outer parts of the medical center in Houston, Texas. The clinic is very nice and clean. The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number. If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am. You give a urine sample first, get bloodwork drawn (a full panel). Another nurse comes in and asks about any and all medical history that you may have, your partner, your parents and siblings. The third nurse prepares all of your information for the doctor. Once the doctor comes in she evaluates and gathers more information from you to come up with a plan of action. The doctor then has another nurse with her to complete a full evaluation and an ultrasound to see what is going on. . It is very comfortable, quiet and relaxing. Also, Snacks and water are given upon request. The only downside is the fee for parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Bloodwork- depends on panel office visit- normal insurance copy Laparoscopic Myomectomy Dr Fee after insurance-$850.00 Hospital Fee- $1800.00 Post-Op Visits- $300.00
During the IVF Seminar I was made aware that the clinic only does single embryo transfer.

2013 - 2017
Dr. Schnell is a very caring concerned doctor she is very to the point but makes you feel like a friend. She explains things where you can understand takes time to listen to questions and answer any kind of questions you may have...She is extremely trusting...she is considerate she lets you know everything that you need to know explains things where you can understand them if you have questions she will go over everything with you she is compassionate
Both the Beaumont and the Webster office [of CORM] are remarkable. Each and every person there is very compassionate and loving. I didn't deal with the Webster office except for the actual egg retrieval and transfer I was able to do everything else at the Beaumont office so I'm not as familiar with the Webster nurses. The Beaumont office is a place that I would recommend to anyone the nurses as well as the doctors are so loving caring compassionate they make you feel like family and when you walk in the door they know you by name and they greet you with big smiles and hugs.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is a amazing Doctor. She is extremely trusting, she is more like a friend she is considerate she lets you know everything that you need to know explains things where you can understand them if you have questions she will go over everything with you she is compassionate
Don't be afraid to ask her questions and stop her if you have questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: jeannie zimmerman talbot)
All of the nurses were absolutely wonderful. Very compassionate loving caring took time to explain things go over questions with you
Describe your experience with CORM.
Both the Beaumont and the Webster office are remarkable. Each and every person there is very compassionate and loving. I didn't deal with the Webster office except for the actual egg retrieval and transfer I was able to do everything else at the Beaumont office so I'm not as familiar with the Webster nurses. The Beaumont office is a place that I would recommend to anyone the nurses as well as the doctors are so loving caring compassionate they make you feel like family and when you walk in the door they know you by name and they greet you with big smiles and hugs. When we lost our first child at 20 weeks and went back every one of them were so caring and loving definitely a place that I would recommend and I would love to be able to expand our family using their office again
My 1st IVF round was around $15,000 total with medicine

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

She [Dr Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns
The clinic [CORM in Webster] is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff...She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing o
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is knowledgeable about her field and overall supportive, and I know that she has helped a lot of people, including others I know, especially younger friends. She always took time to answer all of our questions and was overall timely. However, she was somewhat disorganized. She would sometimes go over blood work and sometimes not. At times, I had to ask her to review it with us. Once she had blood work results back for two weeks and saw that she wanted to add a medication once she reviewed them but it was two weeks after the results were available on our portal. She overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns out that the other clinic found that we had a significant sperm issue as well. When I asked how she felt about us getting a second opinion, she stated that she preferred we do so within her practice.
Do your research on IVF and other treatments so you can ask informed questions throughout the process.
The overall staff at CORM are warm and friendly, and Dr. Schnell is for the most part, too. However, when it came to presenting results of our genetic testing, she told us about our multiple embryo abnormalities of our genetically tested blast with a very cheery tone over the phone after leaving a cheery voicemail that they were in, which was not supportive and quite upsetting for us.
We did IVF, priming with birth control, and we used micro dose Ovidrel, Ganirelix, Follistim, and a trigger shot. We had far fewer eggs retrieved than anticipated and only had one abnormal blast. The rest of the embryos arrested after day three (after looking great on day three).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
My primary nurse was really compassionate but often anxious, which added to the stress of the cycle.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointment were efficiently run.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance had a contract with them which was wonderful. We had only a few thousand in out of pocket costs.

Other, Unexplained
She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions...We have done a few test. Blood, cultures, the ultrasound and the hsg test which found I had scarring and low AMH for my age. Our next plan of action is insemination or in vitro.
They [staff at CORM] offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot...All of her nurses were very kind but I remember one in particular. She was very compassionate. My husband had just started a new job and couldn't take off to make the appt so I went alone. I wasn't expecting bad news. She was very patient with me as I cried while trying to take in all the information.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions.
None really. I feel like she takes care of her patients and I'd just let them know that.
Her and her staff were very kind. They offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I can't really say any bad about this place. Everyone was really nice and seemed to enjoy their work. Billing was explained thoroughly. I signed in on their computer and was seen within 5 to 10 minutes of arriving.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our first appointment was almost covered completely by our insurance. Only had to pay out of pocket 90. Then my husband unexpectedly lost his job so the next visit was 600
We haven't talked about it. I suppose we would talk about it once my husband and I have saved the money needed for the procedure.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Vicki Schnell is] Nice yet busy lady. Approachable...Very knowledgeable and goal oriented. She's very detailed...She's done 2 surgeries on me. One to unblock my tubes, which was successful as I got pregnant about 2 years later. But that pregnancy was ectopic. She did the surgery to remove the failed pregnancy and my tube. Now 2 years later, I'm ready to try iui or IVF... When the pregnancy failed, the office monitored me daily. I didn't want to do a DNC, and she agreed to surgery to identify the issue, which was an ectopic pregnancy. She even provided me her cellphone number days up to the surgery out of concern.
The clinic [CORM-Houston] is very nice. After my initial surgery to unblock my tubes, I did not see the office for nearly 2 years...However about 1.5 years later I got pregnant. I initially contacted the other office, but they where not open to seeing me since I convinced naturally, even tho the Dr is an RE. I called corm and they saw me every other day until my pregnancy was surgically removed due to it being ectopic...[Dr. Vicki Schnell is] Nice yet busy lady. Approachable
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Nice yet busy lady. Approachable. Throughout. Very knowledgeable and goal oriented. She's very detailed and knows how to make babies. I'm looking forward to trying to convince with her. She's done 2 surgeries on me. One to unblock my tubes, which was successful as I got pregnant about 2 years later. But that pregnancy was ectopic. She did the surgery to remove the failed pregnancy and my tube. Now 2 years later, I'm ready to try iui or IVF.
None.
She is very busy, but caring and throughout. For my pregnancy her office started seeing me immediately. When the pregnancy failed, the office monitored me daily. I didn't want to do a DNC, and she agreed to surgery to identify the issue, which was an ectopic pregnancy. She even provided me her cellphone number days up to the surgery out of concern.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very nice. After my initial surgery to unblock my tubes, I did not see the office for nearly 2 years. In that time, I saw another office since i had conceived yet. However about 1.5 years later I got pregnant. I initially contacted the other office, but they where not open to seeing me since I convinced naturally, even tho the Dr is an RE. I called corm and they saw me every other day until my pregnancy was surgically removed due to it being ectopic.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
[Dr. Schnell] was very detailed about any procedure she had to do, also she was very patient with me asking so many questions... she tried to check other option before talking about going through IVF. since nothing else worked for me, she recommend having to do the IVF...I came in not knowing why I cant conceive. Dr Schnell helped me understand my situation without feeling that something is wrong with my body. she walked me through each option that were available for me
[CORM-Houston is] very nice, warm clean. in the waiting room they offer water or coffee, snacks also available...waiting is not too long. the only thing was room were too cold. I would offer to have more blankets around...I was treated like a human , the staff really cared for how sensitive the topic is and were very understandable...Big group of nurses. very warm thoughtful and sweet. were very gentle with every test ...[Dr. Schnell] was very detailed about any procedure she had to do, also she was very patient with me asking so many questions
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I came in not knowing why I cant conceive. Dr Schnell helped me understand my situation without feeling that something is wrong with my body. she walked me through each option that were available for me. she tried to check other option before talking about going through IVF. since nothing else worked for me, she recommend having to do the IVF. since cost is pretty high I had to put it aside , hoping God and mother nature will do the work. unfortunately until today no luck.
Ask all questions you have, don't be embarrassed, don't feel that something is wrong with you. there are many reason why things don't go as planned.
I was treated like a human , the staff really cared for how sensitive the topic is and were very understandable. Dr Shnell was very detailed about any procedure she had to do, also she was very patient with me asking so many questions.
I remember ultrasound also, checking my tubes to ensure they weren't blocked. results came normal
Describe your experience with CORM.
very nice, warm clean. in the waiting room they offer water or coffee, snacks also available . syringing in its all via IPad. waiting is not too long. the only thing was room were too cold. I would offer to have more blankets around.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
My health insurance only covers some of the treatments

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Schnell went above and beyond to help my husband and I. After any surgerical procedure she always call that evening and/or the next day sometimes twice to make sure I was doing ok. She took the time to sit down and explain things to my husband in great detail after any procedure. She would also give us her personal cell to call if there were any issues!...She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
the entire staff [at CORM] always treats me with respect and understanding...All the staff were amazing and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable...The clinic is amazing new patients should know that young kids are not allowed in the office out of respect for those going through rough times. The clinic is beautiful and the staff tries their hardest to keep patients from waiting too long.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I tell everybody that they will love Dr. Schnell as well as all of the doctors and staff at CORM and to not be afraid to ask her questions. She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
Dr. Schnell as well as the entire staff always treats me with respect and understanding.
We started out doing two outs woth ivf med protocols. We did this because my husband had zero issues and our issue was I did not always ovulate. After two rounds we decided to wait and save up for ivf while we were saving we became pregnant naturally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I do not remember exactly what the cost were. I want to say the actual iui was $400 and the monitoring etc was around $1200 but again I don’t remember exact details

2011 - 2015
She is brilliant and always knows the research. I feel she has the best interest of patients at heart. One area of improvement would be taking time to explain why she does things more slowly.
They always called when they said they would, and were open to my getting a second opinion. They [the nurses] are knowledgable and keep everything super organized.
2011 - 2015
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She knows what she's doing and is through. Because she's not warm and fuzzy, don't interpret it as a lack of caring. She does care, but appears detached sometimes (she really isn't, though). You can trust her.
They always called when they said they would, and were open to my getting a second opinion. Also, they monitored me when I got pregnant naturally the month after my failed IVF. They personally called and got me in with the MFM that later saved my daughter during a high risk pregnancy. I wouldn't have gotten pregnant without Dr. Schnell's excellent surgical skills bc the lap she did helped me get pregnant naturally. She also monitored me again when I got pregnant naturally this year and miscarried, and was super compassionate as everyone at CORM was.
I can't remember the protocol but I think it was low dose Lupron, Gonal F. We were able to reach retrieval and transfer. We had two good quality embryos. Negative pregnancy test, but I did get pregnant the cycle after naturally, so overall it was successful.
All of them have empathy. They cry with you when you have a loss and are happy for you when you have success. They are knowledgable and keep everything super organized. They call back when they say they will.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I think it was $15,000 for IVF, and another $15,000 for surgeries, etc.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

Dr. Schnell was absolutely amazing. She explained everything very clearly and detailed. She made sure we understood and went into depth if we did not. She made sure we knew the risks and went over the blood work very detailed....She was able to get our genetic testing done. We did not get to go through the egg retrieval due to financial issues.... The nursing staff was caring but always had issues with scheduling.
The clinic [CORM] was organized. Very clean. Also, they made you feel very welcomed. The clinic was overall very nice and positive vibes. Everything had its place and you were able to know where everything was.... An appointment was made for my wife for blood work and we paid the copay. The lab worker wasn't there that day and she was told to come back even though we lived 40 minutes away.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Always as alot of questions. She will answer all
Dr. Shnell was very detailed and cared about our questions.
The nursing staff was caring but always had issues with scheduling. They scheduled my wife and charged her copay for a lab that wasnt even done that day and she had to gi back and pay another copay.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic was organized. Very clean. Also, they made you feel very welcomed. The clinic was overall very nice and positive vibes. Everything had its place and you were able to know where everything was.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
We had insurance at the time that only covered labs and ultrasounds. For 3 labs and 2 ultrasounds we paid almost $300. We were quoted at 14,000.00 for reciprocal ivf.
We did not talk about that just yet.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

I felt like a human because she sincerely showed empathy for my unique situation of infertility....Dr. Schnell completely understands my situation and goes above and beyond to make my husband and I comfortable. She knows and understands that we had a traumatic lose of an unborn baby. So we know that we are in great hands with Dr. Shnell....She is great at what she does and is as though she is apart of your family.... The clinic is as far as I understand and experienced strong on every aspect.
The clinic [CORM] is as far as I understand and experienced strong on every aspect. They have to be considering the issues surrounding every couple that is wanting and trying to expand their family. Only thing I would say is that for parents that bring their kids along for appointments, there should be some place for the kids to sit and wait....Very detail oriented and personable to every patients needs.... Dr. Schnell completely understands my situation and goes above and beyond
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is great at what she does and is as though she is apart of your family.
Very detail oriented and personable to every patients needs.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is as far as I understand and experienced strong on every aspect. They have to be considering the issues surrounding every couple that is wanting and trying to expand their family. Only thing I would say is that for parents that bring their kids along for appointments, there should be some place for the kids to sit and wait.

5 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Office staff and Dr Schnell are awesome. When I got the negative pregnancy test the nurse was very kind and sincere . Lab, nurses, front desk and the ultrasound tech are very professional. They try to help us in any way possible.... I had a biopsy done, labs or not enough of tissue was not taken. I am having another biopsy done free of charge. I also had 6 eggs from a donor egg and only 2 grew. I was good and my other egg isn't the best(per Dr Schnell) so she put my case up for review and I was able to get two more eggs free of charge. But still have to put with sperm to see if they will grow. She is so understanding, sincere and One appointment I saw her get emotional when we was talking in the office.
I had a biopsy done [at CORM-Beaumont], labs or not enough of tissue was not taken. I am having another biopsy done free of charge. I also had 6 eggs from a donor egg and only 2 grew. I was good and my other egg isn't the best(per Dr Schnell) so she put my case up for review and I was able to get two more eggs free of charge. But still have to put with sperm to see if they will grow. She is so understanding, sincere and One appointment I saw her get emotional when we was talking in the office.
Other, Prefer not to answer
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr Schnell is a down to earth doctor. She will try her best to help. She explains everything is a good way and is up for any questions. She is by far one of the best doctors I have been to.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Schnell is very knowledge and direct. She will tell you if something isn't worth trying or even needed. Which is great a huge plus when most services are being paid out of pocket.... Our issue is male factor and she brought up good points that I didn't think of or even knew about. The other doctor I went to prior wouldn't do that and left me feelings like a I was just a number not really an individual patient.... She explained a lot and took time to listen and answer what ever questions I had
Strengths would be the clinic [CORM] is clean, organized and different locations to fit your work schedule. Weaknesses with the clinic would be Parking!! Paying about of pocket is no fun and then to have to pay parking as well hurts... For the most part they [Nursing Staff] were great. Returned calls and answered whatever questions you may have pretty quickly.... Dr Schnell is very knowledge and direct. She will tell you if something isn't worth trying or even needed.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Very up front, Direct and to point. I prefer a doctor to be that way instead of leading you on. Our issue is male factor and she brought up good points that I didn't think of or even knew about. The other doctor I went to prior wouldn't do that and left me feelings like a I was just a number not really an individual patient.
She explained a lot and took time to listen and answer what ever questions I had. Very up front, which I really liked.
For the most part they were great. Returned calls and answered whatever questions you may have pretty quickly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strengths would be the clinic is clean, organized and different locations to fit your work schedule. Weaknesses with the clinic would be Parking!! Paying about of pocket is no fun and then to have to pay parking as well hurts

2011 - 2012
She is a very thorough and detail oriented individual. She runs a tight ship, so to speak, so I felt confident mistakes would be at a minimum... She leaves little to chance.
Care is extremely personal, well organized and accountable. Information is very open and free flowing. Call backs were almost immediate, even on weekends. A nurse practitioner was assigned to me as well so i was able to have a consistent team.
2011 - 2012
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is a very thorough and detail oriented individual. She runs a tight ship, so to speak, so I felt confident mistakes would be at a minimum. She ran ultrasounds regularly after conception and was proactive with labs and follow ups. She leaves little to chance. She took into consideration her availability for egg retrieval and implantation as soon as we decided to proceed with ivf.
She is empathetic but not warm and fuzzy. If you need a shoulder to cry on, she will give you resources aplenty. She is there to do the best job she can for the best outcome for you.
Care is extremely personal, well organized and accountable. Information is very open and free flowing. Call backs were almost immediate, even on weekends. A nurse practioner was assigned to me as well so i was able to have a consistent team.
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Schnell is direct and to-the-point, at times she is moving quickly through the appointment, but she is always listening and has your best interest at heart. She just doesn’t take as long to process it all as some and she does this day-in and day-out so she can come off as aloof but she’s really not; she genuinely cares about her patients and will do her best for them. I trust her completely...Have your questions ready and don’t take her “to-the-point” demeanor personally.
The nursing staff [at CORM] is friendly and caring. They respond quickly and are competent...They bill what they can through insurance but the rest was pretty standard from what I’ve learned by talking to patients of other clinics...The staff is friendly and considerate of your time. The financial coordinators take the time to explain everything in detail and are not pushy. Questions are always welcomed. Everyone goes the extra step to take care of you.
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Have your questions ready and don’t take her “to-the-point” demeanor personally. Trust that she knows your case and cares about you. She moves fast but she will slow down and explain more if needed.
The nursing staff is friendly and caring. They respond quickly and are competent.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Dr. Schnell only goes single embryo transfers.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Schnell is honest and open. She was very thorough in her explanation of what was going on and what needed to be done so that we can successfully conceive. She is very nice and considerate of the sensitivity of infertility. It is obvious she knows what she's doing and is dedicated to her practice... RetrievaI Protocol we used birth control for 4 weeks and my hub and I used an antibiotic the last 10 days of birth control. We then used an antagonist (cetrotide) for 3 days. skip one day then take the gonal-f 373 units and 10 units of microdose ovidrel for three days. I then had an US and bloodwork. Dr Schnell then increased my gonal-f to 450 units per day and continued the 10 units of microdose ovidrel. I was then monitored every other day including weekends. On the 12th day I triggered with Lupron and on the 14th day was my egg retrieval.
most of the team [at CORM-Webster] was nice and even remembered my name.... RetrievaI Protocol we used birth control for 4 weeks and my hub and I used an antibiotic the last 10 days of birth control. We then used an antagonist (cetrotide) for 3 days. skip one day then take the gonal-f 373 units and 10 units of microdose ovidrel for three days. I then had an US and bloodwork. Dr Schnell then increased my gonal-f to 450 units per day and continued the 10 units of microdose ovidrel. I was then monitored every other day including weekends. On the 12th day I triggered with Lupron and on the 14th day was my egg retrieval.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Ask questions if you don't understand. She is honest and won't steer you wrong.
most of the team was nice and even remembered my name.
my dr prefers to only transfer one embryo at a time