Vicky Moy

FellowshipUniversity of Cincinnati
Sacramento
1650 Response Road
Sacramento, CA 95815
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vicky Moy to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente Sacramento to a friend?
Vicky [Dr. Moy] took the time to discuss out initial test results, what they meant and our treatment options. Together, we were able to come up with a plan for our infertility treatments and I left the appointment feeling comfortable that we were in such good hands, despite how emotionally difficult this time can be. Infertility is a sensitive subject, and she was very open, direct and caring towards us...we have committed to doing IUI cycles for 3-4 cycles before moving onto IVF if necessary.
The nursing staff [at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento] were very pleasant and patient. Everyone seemed to work well together and the office ran smoothly with appointment times and getting patients in the back. The office was calm, soothing and everyone was extremely sensitive to the difficulties of infertility...The office was easy to find, kept calm and quiet, clean...the timelines seemed very realistic...So far, we have committed to doing IUI cycles for 3-4 cycles before moving onto IVF if necessary. We are doing IUI with Clomid and I am going to do 2 cycles without the trigger shot and then 2 cycles with the HCG trigger shot if necessary. We have gone in for our initial consultation, and I start my first IUI cycle in a few weeks.
How was your experience with Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Vicky Moy was very personable and patient when explaining our infertility issues. Even though both my husband and I are in the medical field, we are limited understanding when it comes to infertility and the possible infertility treatments possible. Vicky took the time to discuss out initial test results, what they meant and our treatment options. Together, we were able to come up with a plan for our infertility treatments and I left the appointment feeling comfortable that we were in such good hands, despite how emotionally difficult this time can be. Infertility is a sensitive subject, and she was very open, direct and caring towards us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Have all of your infertility testing for you and your partner done prior to your initial appointment. In addition, it's really important you and your partner are present in order to discuss your results and treatment options together. Many times, women go alone to the initial appointment but I thought having my husband there hear the information firsthand from Vicky was helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento?
Vicky sat down with both my husband and I for over an hour in her office to go over our initial fertility testing that Kaiser had order prior to our appointment. Though both my husband and I are both in the medical field, we have limited understanding of infertility and Vicky took the time to explain everything to us. She was patient with us the entire appointment, and never made us feel rushed like she had another patient waiting. She laid all the options out on the table, and gave us her medical advice, but in the end let us decide what the best options are for our family and our fertility goals. She approached the appointment like we were more than another number in her clinic, and that was very important to us when finding a doctor. In addition, after the appointment, she sent me an email detailing everything we had discussed and the steps moving forward because it can be difficult to remember everything after an information filled and emotionally filled appointment.
Describe the protocols Vicky Moy used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento and their degree of success.
The nursing staff were very pleasant and patient. Everyone seemed to work well together and the office ran smoothly with appointment times and getting patients in the back. The office was calm, soothing and everyone was extremely sensitive to the difficulties of infertility.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Overall, I would recommend this clinic to a friend because of the staff and Dr. Moy. The office was easy to find, kept calm and quiet, clean. The nursing staff were friendly and ran everything efficiently. I have not had a treatment at the office yet, but the timelines seemed very realistic. The doctor was personable, and never rushed the appointment, making you feel like you were the most important person in the room. It felt very personable, and not like you were just another number they had to get to that day. She also allows you to email her and will get back to your within 24 hours, even on the weekends to answer questions or if you have any concerns during treatment. I think the accessibility to my doctor will become more and more important as I progress through my infertility treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
Infertility costs are covered 50% by our insurance, up until IVF treatment. IVF is estimated to cost $15-24,000 for the first cycle and an additional $5-6,000 a cycle thereafter. Genetic testing is extra, and additional medications are not covered.
Describe Vicky Moy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.
My doctor has recommended an eSET for a singleton pregnancy because that is what is safest for the mother and baby. She prefers to do it that way, but in the end lets the couples decide what is best for their family planning.
Vicky Moy
Kaiser Permanente Sacramento
Sacramento
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicky Moy at Kaiser Permanente Sacramento.