5.6

Victor Fujimoto works at

499 Illinois Street
San Francisco, CA 94158

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Fujimoto] was warm but direct. He spoke very highly about his team and did a warm handoff. He clearly and fairly explained cost and risks and benefits of options and let us decide what is best for us. Most of all, instills hope...we went straight for IUI treatment plan after an ultrasound and genetic testing. We were delayed given COVID but are moving on to CLOMID + timed intercourse this month and then IUI next month.
The waiting room [at UCSF] was clean and comfortable with resources for support, including a book of advice/thoughts for patients to write in and read. The online communication system is very helpful. They respond very quickly when I message them in the online system...They [nursing staff] were clear and efficient...
How was your experience with Victor Fujimoto at UCSF?
He was warm but direct. He spoke very highly about his team and did a warm handoff. He clearly and fairly explained cost and risks and benefits of options and let us decide what is best for us. Most of all, instills hope.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Victor Fujimoto at UCSF?
none
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Victor Fujimoto at UCSF?
He was warm, gave me individual consultation, and a hopeful prognosis which felt personal
Describe the protocols Victor Fujimoto used in your cycles at UCSF and their degree of success.
He said we should be pregnant given our age and nearly 2 years of trying, so we went straight for IUI treatment plan after an ultrasound and genetic testing. We were delayed given COVID but are moving on to CLOMID + timed intercourse this month and then IUI next month.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at UCSF.
They were clear and efficient
Describe your experience with UCSF.
The waiting room was clean and comfortable with resources for support, including a book of advice/thoughts for patients to write in and read. The online communication system is very helpful. They respond very quickly when I message them in the online system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Victor Fujimoto at UCSF.
So far, only a copay

2015, Successful
Dr. Fujimoto was kind and caring and always spent as much time with us as we needed. He was straightforward, but at the same time helped us weigh the pros and cons of certain decisions (in helping us make those decisions)....We had a great experience with Dr. Fujimoto. I think he really understood our set of circumstances and put protocols together that led to success. As previously mentioned, he is a great blend of caring and candid.
I had a great experience with this clinic [UCSF Fertility]. They always ran on time, facilities are brand new, and all of the doctors/nurses I saw were excellent. My only complaint about the clinic is between the pre-cycle coordinator, patient navigator, and billing dept, things can get very disjointed. I am lucky in that my insurance covered my procedures, but UCSF did very little upfront to help coordinate with my insurance (I had to stay on top of it every day to make sure things didn't fall through the cracks like required tests, prior authorizations, etc.). And there were multiple times I would have not gotten my medications on time if I hadn't been so on top of it.
How was your experience with Victor Fujimoto at UCSF?
I went through one Antagonist IVF cycle with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirilex. My body responded pretty aggressively and resulted in 24 eggs and ultimately 9 five-day blasts. We transferred 2 fresh blasts, and neither took. Dr. Fujimoto encouraged us to not get too upset, as he suspected it was possible my body rejected the embryos because it was still too overwhelmed from the aggressive response to the stimulation meds. For the frozen embryo round, he added Letrozole to the protocol (studies show it helps for women with endometriosis). We transferred two embryos and one was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSF. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
Anna was my in cycle nurse and she was excellent. Very responsive, very clear in her communication, compassionate, etc.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
I had a great experience with this clinic. They always ran on time, facilities are brand new, and all of the doctors/nurses I saw were excellent. My only complaint about the clinic is between the pre-cycle coordinator, patient navigator, and billing dept, things can get very disjointed. I am lucky in that my insurance covered my procedures, but UCSF did very little upfront to help coordinate with my insurance (I had to stay on top of it every day to make sure things didn't fall through the cracks like required tests, prior authorizations, etc.). And there were multiple times I would have not gotten my medications on time if I hadn't been so on top of it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Victor Fujimoto at UCSF.
I was lucky in that insurance covered so I was out-of-pocket relatively little.
What specific things went wrong at UCSF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCSF.
As previously mentioned, I had to stay on top of things every day to make sure, pre-cycle, they were coordinating with my insurance company and pharmacy.

2012 - 2015, Successful
UCSF sees a LOT of patients and his [Dr. Fujimoto's] team can be forgetful at times. I advise you to stay on top of him and his team. While they do great work... they might forget some small details you discussed last time.
How was your experience with Victor Fujimoto at UCSF?
I selected Dr Fujimoto because he dealt with infertility issues of his own. He was very matter of fact about what our options were and the results we would likely see. While in his care, and suffering many loses and obstacles, he remained a great partner in this journey. I have recommend him to others as well.
UCSF sees a LOT of patients and his team can be forgetful at times. I advice you to stay on top of him and his team. While they do great work, they do have a lot of patients, so they might forget some small details you discussed last time.
Dr Fujimoto and the team were great. They really did wish us the best. Some of the team was awesome, always remembered us and honestly cared about our outcome. As mentioned before, you still need to stay on top of your protocol as some of the assistance have a lot of doctors they are supporting, so they might forget a few things. But for the most part, the staff was awesome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSF. (Assigned nurse: I had 3 , Olga, Jennifer and Anna)
Stephanie who I always saw and think it was one of his main nurses was amazing. She went through all the ups and downs with us. So wonderful.
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
He is gifted and compassionate and really really wants success. He has been through infertility himself so he knows!
I called her [my nurse] crying a few times and she was supportive and wonderful. He [Dr. Fujimoto] is gifted and compassionate and really really wants success.
How was your experience with Victor Fujimoto at UCSF?
He is gifted and compassionate and really really wants success. Like I said he has been through it himself and was beyond thrilled for us and our success.
Again he has been through this. He is gifted and will help if he can.
He seemed to have a tough exterior but omg he seemed sad when we were and thrilled when we were. He had a ton of sympathy for our struggle. He has been through infertility himself so he knows!
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSF. (Assigned nurse: ??? bernstein)
I called her crying a few times and she was supportive and wonderful