Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine

Doctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolS. Illinois U.
ResidencyRush U. Med Ctr
FellowshipRush U. Med Ctr
7308 S 142nd St
Omaha, NE 68138
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Victoria Maclin to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Maclin] is very knowledgable and direct. But she is also very busy and sometimes I felt like just a number. She knows what she is doing but I also didn't get the outcome I was hoping for.... Very knowledgable but didn't read my file at first when coming in to consult me and felt like she never remembered me until we started the ivf process. She was great through that process.... I have bad egg quality so IVF was reccomended to get lots of eggs to genetically test and implant only a good embryo.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
She is very knowledgable and direct. But she is also very busy and sometimes I felt like just a number. She knows what she is doing but I also didn't get the outcome I was hoping for. My first experience with her was not the best as I was originally seeing her partner and then started seeing her but as time went on and I expressed my concerns she was much better.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure you are your own advocate as well. Follow your instinct and fight for what you think the next step is but also do your research so you can ask questions and understand treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Victoria Maclin used in your cycles at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
2 triploidy losses and then I started fertility treatment. 3 IUI's with medication and trigger shot, then following with progesterone . Last IUI resulted in pregnancy but had another Triploidy loss. I have bad egg quality so IVF was reccomended to get lots of eggs to genetically test and implant only a good embryo. Just finished our first round of IVF, started with birth control then Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and Pregnyl.
The front desk wasn't the friendliest and dint show much compassion, didnt seem to professional. The nurses on the other hand were very professional, compassionate, and caring. They did a great job at explaining everything and answering all my questions.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very knowledgable, direct and caring nurses to work with. I just wish I could've worked directly with one nurse and one doctor the whole time so I didn't feel like I was explaining my situation over and over again. Its comparable in price to the other clinic. I am still continuing treatment at this facility. I have considered a second opinion but I feel like both clinics in Omaha are comparable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
We have spent $50,000 so far in fertility treatment, losses, and testing. We are still continuing our treatment in hopes for a family. Our insurance didn't cover any of it. Everything was so expensive but thats the same at most fertility clinics.
Describe Victoria Maclin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
They do not recommend doing multiple embryo transfer because it has more risk and its a safer option to do single.
Omaha
It is a concern of mine that she [Dr. Victoria Maclin] did not take my age (24) and lack of fertility problems into concern when she planned my protocol. It did not feel like it was tailored to me and my situation...During the course of the stimulation period I reacted very strongly to the medication (no female infertility cause) and dosage of the medication was immediately adjusted down, with cetrotide added in early. The embryos from this cycle were much worse than to be expected for a couple our age and it was determined that this quick drop in hormones weakened the egg quality and thus harmed the chance our embryos had.
Dr. Maclin was very caring and considerate of our emotions surrounding the process. At times it did feel that she was so concerned about how emotionally strained we were that she sugar-coated our situation and left larger expectations than were possible with our diagnosis.
Do not make decisions in the moment through every appointment. Take time to return home and go over all the information methodically, with the emotion detached.
Dr. Maclin worked very hard to get to know us on a personal level and understand our goals. She described our options, the cost, and what it would be like for our individual case. When requested she gave us an opinion as a doctor and what she would suggest if her own child was in our position. The meeting of these two outlooks made it much easier to weigh our options.
We started off the injectables with her traditional dosage of Gonal-F and Menopur. During the course of the stimulation period I reacted very strongly to the medication (no female infertility cause) and dosage of the medication was immediately adjusted down, with cetrotide added in early. The embryos from this cycle were much worse than to be expected for a couple our age and it was determined that this quick drop in hormones weakened the egg quality and thus harmed the chance our embryos had. It is a concern of mine that she did not take my age (24) and lack of fertility problems into concern when she planned my protocol. It did not feel like it was tailored to me and my situation.
The nursing were very efficient and helped explain the procedures that would be happening but they were not well briefed on our individual case and did not know who we were.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is organized, appropriately staffed, and easy to communicate with. Everyone who works there creates a positive, uplifting atmosphere for everyone within the building. At times, there isn't great communication between the front desk and the financial coordinator which makes payment a little confusing.
A round of IVF/ICSI is estimated 10,550 plus the cost of medications with additional FET at $3900 +medication costs. Freezing of embryos is $500 if put in the cryofreezer all on one day, $750 if they are put in over the course of two separate days.
Dr. Maclin is very resistant to transferring more than one embryo and will not do it without a medical need.
Omaha
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Maclin truly cares for each patient. When there was no heartbeat found for our baby, she sat with us much longer than expected and let us grieve. She walked us though the options of inducing the miscarriage and said over and over how she wished we didn't live so far away so we could be under her care and be monitored more closely. The office even called to check on me after.
Trust your intuition and stay positive. Science can do wonders, but you have to believe in the process. Expect Miracles.
When debating whether or not she recommended IUI or IVF for me, I specifically asked Dr. Maclin what she would recommend for her daughter. She answered honestly and has directed us toward IVF.
For our IUI, we used gonal f injections day 3-7 and then a few days after depending on follicle size. Some cycles we used Cetrotide. To induce ovulation, we too a trigger shot for insemination to follow 36 hours later. For example, Trigger 9 PM on Thursday night, insemination at 8:30 am on Saturday.
Very friendly, gave tons of information about follicle size and lab results which was so helpful. They called to check in after our miscarriage and to monitor the process.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Weakness. Financially, Heartland is very comparable to other clinics; however, they do not offer a warranty program. It's a risk, but it could be the greatest reward of your entire life, so it is absolutely worth it! Advantage- in this area, Dr. Maclin has some of the highest success rates. She is knowledgeable, compassionate and wants the same goal for her patients- a healthy pregnancy and baby. She adjusts treatment based on data and does not simply follow a recipe. Hopefully we will be one of her successful stories!
We are in the $20,000 range since insurance does not cover treatment
Dr.Mackin always adjusted the dosage of final-f depending on ultrasound information
2013 - 2014
I only saw Dr. Maclin twice during the treatments. During the 2nd consultation and again towards the beginning. After that, my treatment was taken over by other doctors, mostly a Dr. Ramses I believe his name was. I also felt like I wasn't taken very seriously (?) and that she seemed very nonchalant over a life altering decision. Not sure what to expect since this was my first course of fertility treatments but I felt very routine in her eyes.
2013 - 2014
European, Latino
She seems very nice and knowledgeable. Gave me the information I needed and formulated a treatment plan that was ultimately highly successful (I got pregnant on the first try). However, if you want a hands on doctor, she may not be the one you need.
With Dr. Maclin, I felt like my care was more up to the nurses than her. I only met her twice, once during the 2nd consultation and one other time at the very beginning of treatment. She did not perform any of the medical aspects herself, this was either done by nursing staff (who were fabulous) or by another Doctor (Dr. Ramses, I think...who is no longer there). I don't know what I expected since this was the only time I ever sought fertility treatments but it felt a lot like going in and getting a check up instead of making the biggest decision of my life.
I don't remember
Can't say enough about the nurses. Always treated me well, held my hand during the rough stuff and seemed genuinely happy for me when I became pregnant.
Clean, modern and roomy.
I don't make a lot of money so I was really surprised that a course of treatment was actually attainable...still not cheap but possible.
Omaha
Although I had already have four IUIs she [Dr. Victoria Maclin] did one at her clinic to see how I reacted to medications. I started the IVF right after the failed IUI. The first IVF process was stopped and converted to an IUI do to my response to the medications, however when I went back and tried another IVF she only increased the dose even though I believed that it was due to the type of medication.
I loved working with Dr. Maclin. She was the third doctor I had been to and the first that was able to do the IVF process. Her team was always friendly and willing to work around my time as I lived an hour away from the clinic. Although I had already have four IUIs she did one at her clinic to see how I reacted to medications. I started the IVF right after the failed IUI. The first IVF process was stopped and converted to an IUI do to my response to the medications, however when I went back and tried another IVF she only increased the dose even though I believed that it was due to the type of medication. For the second IVF I got to the egg retrieval, but none of the eggs made it. Rather than telling me on the phone she had my and my husband take a full day off work and drive so she could tell us in person. I would have rather been told in person, but she explained that she felt it was more personable to do it face to face.
The piece of advance that I would give is be prepared to know the terminology, because it goes fast and they have a lot of terms I didn't know.
I loved working with Heartland. They were always friendly when entering the office, however I felt they could share more of my chart information with me. I always had to be the one asking questions rather than showing me my data.
When I started I did an IUI with Gonal-F and trigger. At this time I was on the lowest dose. I then started an IVF with Gonal-F and Menopur. At this time I was on 200 of the Gonal-F and they lowest does of Menopur. They did not get the response they got the first time so they stopped the cycle and did an IUI. The next time I again tried the IVF with the highest dose of Gonal-F and Menopur. This time I had the egg retrieval, but none of the six eggs made it.
The nursing staff at the clinic were great! They always answered when I called and did not talk down to me because I didn't always know what they were talking about. When I ran out of medication and needed more they helped me get it locally. I loved the nursing staff!
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic was the first that i went to the really understood what I was going through and took the time to show it. They were the first to do the IVF process and showed a good result from past IVFs they completed. I would suggest that people come to the clinic with some idea of terminology. They were not very understand of having to drive an hour to and from appointments. I feel that they could have given me more information about my personal data rather than the clinic data.
I spent about 10,000 for the IFV that was transferred to an IUI and I spent 14,000 on the IFV that failed after the egg retrieval.
Omaha
Dr. Maclin is blunt with expectations, but supportive as we struggle to carry a pregnancy to term. She shared her excitement when we had a high number of eggs retrieved through IVF. Her bed side manner really helped us deal with continual bad news due to poor egg quality.... We had 2 losses on our own. Performed IUI to help with 3rd pregnancy which ended in another loss. We do not struggle getting pregnant we struggle carrying to term due to poor egg quality. We tried IVF to reduce risk of an embryo implanting that does not have a high likelihood of leading to a full term pregnancy.
Expect honest answers.
She invested in our dream of becoming parents.
We had 2 losses on our own. Performed IUI to help with 3rd pregnancy which ended in another loss. We do not struggle getting pregnant we struggle carrying to term due to poor egg quality. We tried IVF to reduce risk of an embryo implanting that does not have a high likelihood of leading to a full term pregnancy. Retrieved 17 eggs and ended up being genetically abnormal.
Incredibly supportive and aware of our situation. They new the right things to say to ensure my wife and I felt comfortable.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Their staff and facilities are great. I struggled with paying a $60 copay every visit when we were spending thousands on IVF. We never had to wait too long for our appointments. They are very accommodating if you have additional needs.
Cost for IUI was around $500. IVF was $20,000. That includes egg retrieval and genetic testing of embryo. Implantation was $3,000 - $4,000.
Preference is to do 1 at a time to mitigate risk of multiples. But they are open to implanting more than one if requested.
Omaha
Dr. Maclin would personally call me to discuss my treatment and progress...Dr. Maclin is blunt and tells you the truth. She won't sugarcoat anything. She is very smart but doesn't make you feel dumb...She was a great communicator and extremely knowledgeable. I trusted her with my body and embryos. She is an expert in her field. She is very compassionate and let me cry on the phone and never made me feel like less of a person.
To be patient. Infertility is a long process with lots of tests. Dr. Maclin is blunt and tells you the truth. She won't sugarcoat anything. She is very smart but doesn't make you feel dumb. She treats you how she wants her daughter treated.
Dr. Maclin would personally call me to discuss my treatment and progress.
Gonal-f, menopur, and Lupron were used in my cycles. I can't remember doses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sheryl)
The entire staff was friendly and fun. Fertility treatments are stressful but they make it more relaxing. They are available anytime to talk and will even share their direct number to access them quickly.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It is clean and welcoming. Payments are expected up front on the day of services. Their financial manager is awesome and does all the insurance dirty work.
I think I ended up paying around $18,000
She prefers eSET
Omaha
She’s wonderful, and really felt like she [Dr. Victoria Maclin] cared...extremely positive, kind, and accommodating. I felt like I could tell her or ask anything. She has a great bed side mannor, and I highly recommend her. The only thing I wish she did the IUI’s. To me it would be nice to see her those days and not the nurse...I wish I had asked her to be a lot more aggressive...UI with clomid 2x’s and 1 with injunctions, and then 2 home IUI’s if you will.
Macklin was extremely positive, kind, and accommodating. I felt like I could tell her or ask anything. She has a great bed side mannor, and I highly recommend her. The only thing I wish she did the IUI’s. To me it would be nice to see her those days and not the nurse.
Ask a lot of questions, she will be happy to answer them all.
She’s wonderful, and really felt like she cared.
IUI with clomid 2x’s and 1 with injunctions, and then 2 home IUI’s if you will. I wish I had asked her to be a lot more aggressive.
Kind, friendly, and thorough!
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
My ONLY complaint is the other Doctor in the office, I cannot recall her name but she is rude, and has NO time for anyone with a weight problem. I left bawling and defended to see Macklin. She apologized, and said that’s not how we treat people, and was wonderful to me!
10,500 for IVF I believe (we didn’t do) $400 IUI They let you do payment plans on testing that’s not covered for both aspiring Mom and Dads.
2011 - 2017
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I would have preferred a specific diagnosis [from Dr. Victoria Maclin]. Ideas on what I could do in my personal life that could change the income and prepare my body. None of these things were discussed. She was always very personable and seemed to remember us each time!...She personally called me with results. She took the time to sit down and have a consultation to talk about things at our request.
2011 - 2017
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I would have preferred a specific diagnosis. Ideas on what I could do in my personal life that could change the income and prepare my body. None of these things were discussed. She was always very personable and seemed to remember us each time!
Its hard to get a specific diagnosis.
Stimulation protocol. G225/m2 x 3 days, then drop to G150/M1x8days. Gonal F. Menopur, Cetrotide. ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Always so nice!!!
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Communication is great, but would prefer email more details that could help. The facility is beautiful and clean. I would like to see the clinic focus on more whole body initiatives and how all aspects of living affect infertility.
It was apprx 18,000 per IVF. and 5000 for IUI. We applied for the BabyQuest grant and they did fill out paperwork for us to submit with the application. They were NOT willing to discount anything to work with Baby Quest.
She preferred blastocysts but would transfer morulas if we had any.
Omaha
She [Dr. Victoria Maclin] was nice, she explained everything. She was profesenal, and asked us questions. She wanted to start treatment right away but didn't seem interested if we were going to be able to afford it. She also did not seem to care that we live four and a half hours away, meaning we would have to take off of work to get to any extra appointments.
She was nice, she explained everything. She was profesenal, and asked us questions. She wanted to start treatment right away but didn't seem interested if we were going to be able to afford it. She also did not seem to care that we live four and a half hours away, meaning we would have to take off of work to get to any extra appointments.
Be ready and financially able to dive in full force.
She was polite and explained everything to us.
She performed a HSG on me showing that my tubes are completely blocked. She was wanting to set up another appt to have my husband do a sperm test.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was beautiful and there was a lot of privacy, clinic was not located in downtown Omaha which was a HUGE plus. It would be a huge help if they could schedule the women's HSG and the man's sperm analysis at the same time or around the same time (deff. the same day)
The HSG was not a bad price, but was not told what any further treatment would cost.