Nurse available by email
Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolS. Illinois U.
ResidencyRush U. Med Ctr
FellowshipRush U. Med Ctr
7308 S 142nd St
Omaha, NE 68138
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Victoria Maclin to a friend?

4.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Maclin has always been the one to call and deliver results. She has been very delicate in her delivery. ... My cycle started earlier than planned so they were going to push me back even further. ... and she called back right away and squeezed me into the schedule so I could stay on track. ... My Dr. told me next retrieval I will start on a higher dose of meds, but she started low this time to help prevent ohss since I have pcos.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maclin has always been the one to call and deliver results. She has been very delicate in her delivery. We started the process in January 2018 and my uterine infection didn’t clear up until June and then I got c diff from all the antibiotics so it pushed us back another 2 months until August. My cycle started earlier than planned so they were going to push me back even further. I left a message to Dr. Maclin crying about the setback and she called back right away and squeezed me into the schedule so I could stay on track. After my egg retrieval I got very sick and she got me in first thing the next morning and kept me at the clinic for 3 hours on fluid to make sure I was okay and then called me later in the day to see how I was doing. When I got my pgs results back, they weren’t good, but she remained positive and told me that if the one normal embryo we got didn’t work we will try a different protocol for the next round. She also doesn’t make me feel stupid or like I’m a burden when I constantly call asking questions or expressing my concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask more about the outcome of PGS and what can be done to help improve the outcomes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Maclin has been so kind and empathetic especially when I had to go through 5 painful endometrial biopsies because I had an infection that wouldn’t clear up. She made me feel better and is very gentle in her approach when delivering bad news.
Describe the protocols Victoria Maclin used in your cycles at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Maclin used the antagonist protocol. 150 iu gonal f in the morning and 1 vial menopur in the evening. On the 4th day my menopur was increased to 2 vials. I added in cetrotide on the 5th day and triggered with hcg and Lupron on the 10th day. Lupron was added to prevent ohss. I had over 40+ follicles but less than half matured. My estrogen stalled. My Dr. told me next retrieval I will start on a higher dose of meds, but she started low this time to help prevent ohss since I have pcos. I ended up with 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 9 fertilized w/icsi and 6 blasts. Only 1 chromosomally normal and one inconclusive. I am now on Vivelle patches- changing them every other day (10 weeks) and estrace 2 x day (for 30 days), will start pio (continue to 10 weeks) on cycle day 10 and transfer on cd 16.
The nurses have always been super nice. Especially Dani, she always calls me back after I leave a message and is so nice and courteous. The nurses who draw my blood are great too and always try to joke and keep the mood in good spirits. The anesthesiologist was the only one who I felt a little uncomfortable around but she wasn’t horrible just not as welcoming as the others.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The only downside is trying to get a hold of the nursing staff. Every time I call with questions I have to leave a message. I always get a call back the same day but it can get frustrating. The front desk is easier to get a hold of but they know nothing about existing patients or their treatments. They are mainly there to set up new consults. The clinic itself is clean and welcoming. They also give there patients pictures of the embryos which is awesome. They also allowed me to take picture during each visit except the egg retrieval. No pictures were allowed. Also my husband was not allowed to go back with me. He had to stay in the waiting room while I was prepped and everything else. They didn’t even update him during the procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I had no costs except for a $35 consult fee and $30 copay for each biopsy. My ivf cycle was covered by my insurance however I did ask about out of pocket cost and it was $1400 for iui and $1500 for full ivf cycle. My meds were covered as well except for the Lupron but my clinic sent a coupon to the pharmacy which took $400 off the cost.
Describe Victoria Maclin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I wanted to originally transfer 2 embryos but my dr said with my age being under 35 (I’m 33) and them being pgs tested that she only recommended one and didn’t feel comfortable transferring more. However I got 2 embryos back from pgs. One normal and one inconclusive. She said the inconclusive looked so bad that she didn’t think it would survive long term freeze or another biopsy so instead of destroying it she offered to transfer it along with the normal. She normally does not transfer more than one pgs tested normal embryo.
Omaha

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Victoria Maclin at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Maclin seems very knowledgeable about fertility treatments. She was able to answer all my questions. However, I never really felt a personal connection to her. While I was going through my miscarriage, I never felt a whole lot of empathy for my situation.... I had my TSH result come back elevated. After being on Synthroid for a few weeks, my doctor re-tested it. She never called with the results but did call in refills on my prescription. I know I could have called and asked but it would have been nice to get a phone call from them.
While she seems to know what she's doing, if you want someone who you feel you can trust and turn to with the silliest problems, you may want to look elsewhere.
While it did seem that Dr. Maclin really cared and wanted to help me get pregnant, she did not seem to always remember me or my particular case. I never really felt a personal connection with her.
I did femara plus a trigger shot for three IUIs. First round was 5 mg, the next two were at 7.5 mg. After three failed rounds, Dr. Maclin suggested IVF but I wanted to try IUI with injectables. I did one round with 5 mg femara plus 75 IUs of gonal-f.
The nursing staff at Heartland is phenomenal! They are compassionate, they remembered me, they always checked in on how I was doing. They were willing to answer all of my questions and put me at ease when I was nervous.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is great! Clean, conveniently located (for me at least), lots of parking. I have no complaints about the clinic as a whole. Their hours are 7 am to 3 pm, and I could usually get appointments in the early morning so I could finish up before work.
Including all the diagnostic tests, consultations, and 4 IUIs, I spent about $8,000. I have absolutely no infertility coverage, so this was all out of pocket.
Omaha

She [Dr. Maclin] did diagnose us with unexplained infertility but we only ran a couple of test. I felt like she should have dug deeper into finding out why we weren't getting pregnant. Overall her bed side manor was great but approach to treating us was not what we were wanting...first plan of treatment for us was IUI. We did two rounds of IUI. I did sonograms to make sure my egg was maturing, I took femara for 5 days before trigger shot, took a shot to make my body ovulate, we did the IUI 24 hours after the shot, then took progesterone for two weeks after the IUI. My body did not respond well to the drugs and no pregnancy resulted after both IUI`s.
I really appreciated how Dr. Maclin talked us through things. She treated us very well. I really did not like her approach to treating us right away before we really looked into the problem. She did diagnose us with unexplained infertility but we only ran a couple of test. I felt like she should have dug deeper into finding out why we weren't getting pregnant. Overall her bed side manor was great but approach to treating us was not what we were wanting.
Ask questions and try to get as much testing done before you let them treat you.
I felt that they were not looking into finding out why we were not getting pregnant but instead they were just trying to treat us.
Dr. Maclin`s first plan of treatment for us was IUI. We did two rounds of IUI. I did sonograms to make sure my egg was maturing, I took femara for 5 days before trigger shot, took a shot to make my body ovulate, we did the IUI 24 hours after the shot, then took progesterone for two weeks after the IUI. My body did not respond well to the drugs and no pregnancy resulted after both IUI`s.
The nursing staff was nice but acted a little annoyed at times. I felt that when I was getting my IUI done that they were just doing their job. I was very nervous and feel that they did not do a very good job at telling me what they were doing. I just wish they would have been more cheerful and that they would have kindly explained to me what they were doing to my body.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Heartland was a good clinic in the fact that they did what they needed to do. They answered any questions we had. A weaknesses of heartland is that they won`t tell you anything extra unless you ask. Also, I felt that you have to be your own advocate. You have to make sure you are comfortable with the plan that they think is best for you, if your not then you need to be vocal about it or else they will just push you through what they think is best for you.
Our cost was a little over $11,000.00 while under care with Victoria Maclin.
Omaha

As a patient of Dr. Maclin, I appreciated her bedside manner before, during and after procedures. As busy as she is, she makes you her focus during your appointment. She takes the time to thoroughly and clearly explain what or why she is doing things. She also takes the time to answer any of your questions, she wants you to understand. She cares about the financial aspects of this investment that we make also, and was very clear with us what to expect to spend so we appreciated that. During monitoring, I never saw her. And my questions were often referred to Dr. Gustin. I appreciate that Dr. Gustin and Dr. Maclin work closely together as a team, working on achieving the best success for their patients. It would have been reassuring to know this before hand rather than in the midst of treatments.
Have your questions ready, there's no such thing as a stupid question for Dr. Maclin. She will take the time to answer them and make sure you understand what is happening. Know that Dr. Maclin cares for you as a patient and wants the best success for you.
My husband and I met with Dr. Maclin for our initial consult where she explained the testing she wanted to do before starting IVF. She performed several of the procedures done before we could start IVF. She then met with us again to discuss how she wanted us to proceed-doing IVF with ICSI. The nurses then took over for the injection teaching, monitoring appointments, and followups. We saw Dr. Maclin again for the egg retrieval. Dr. Maclin, while we didn't see her very much, got straight to the point and didn't try to waste our time or her time with additional procedures such as IUI-knowing that my husband's sperm sample wouldn't be successful with IUI. She is blunt, but gets her point across in an understanding way. She took the time to answer our questions and make sure we understood everything she was telling us. When we had our first cycle canceled due to my ovaries not responding appropriately, she took the time to call us and explain what she would like to do differently for the next cycle. She takes the time to greet you and answer questions before starting any procedures, so she has good bedside manner.
First cycle: Birth control pills then Gonal-F in the AM, Menopur in the PM. My cycle was canceled after the first monitoring appointment. My ovaries didn't respond appropriately. Was going to have centrotide and HCG trigger but ended up not needing them. Second cycle: Birth control pills, added in lupron, Follistim in the AM, Menopur in the PM. Continued with lupron the whole time I was stimulating. HCG trigger. I responded better and had my retrieval a day ahead of schedule. Ended up with 10 eggs-8 were mature-7 fertilized and only 2 made it to blast.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sheryl)
I was having difficulty with reaching anyone at the clinic the first few times due to their hours and my lack of cell phone service during their hours. After meeting with my nurse, she was willing to email or text me. She was very accommodating to my needs and my questions. She was sympathetic also when my first cycle was cancelled and was cheering me on for my second cycle. She took the time to follow up with me after my transfer and congratulate me on my pregnancy even though I was out of her care at that point.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Depending on how busy the waiting room is, the front desk staff can be either cold or warm when you check in. But after they get to know you, they get friendlier. I found all of the nurses and everyone involved in my care to be friendly and caring. Jo in billings is very friendly and helpful in letting you know the costs of the procedures. She also had suggestions for how we could finance things as well. The nurses and Jo are also helpful with finding discounts for the medication and letting you know where to apply for those discounts. The clinic's main weakness is the fact they close at 3 in the afternoon and they are closed during the noon hour. It makes it hard for patients who work during the day to get a hold of them.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I had a very long drive to get to the clinic. The nurses were very understanding of this, so I hardly ever saw any other patients in the waiting room when I was there for my monitoring appointments. I hardly had a wait and was seen right away. My results for blood tests were quick-within an hour. My nurse would text me within an hour or two of leaving the clinic the further instructions for injections.
My insurance didn't cover anything related to infertility. So all costs were out of pocket. The pre-testing (blood work, semen testing) and procedures added up to about $8,000. Monitoring (ultrasounds) and testing (labs) while stimulating was about $1800. Medications was estimated to be $3000-$5000. IVF retrieval with ICSI (Dr, facility and lab fees included) was $8625 Embryo transfer (fresh) was $1925 Embryo freezing costs varies Embryo storage for 1 year is $500.
Dr. Maclin suggested for my age, I would be better off with one embryo transferred. She explained the risks of a multiple pregnancy and the success rates with multiple embryos transferred vs one embryo transferred. Dr. Gustin ended up doing my embryo transfer and she asked us how many we wanted to put in. We were prepared beforehand to do just one, so we only put one in and it implanted.

2013 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Victoria Maclin] has called me on days she was off work just to answer any questions I may have had as well...We’ve used Femara, Gonal-F, anti-ovulation drugs for IUI and after quite a few tries, we moved to IVF. We used Gonal-F and anti-ovulation injections. We have also used progesterone suppositories, estrogen pills, estrogen patches and progesterone in oil injections for FETs...has done two single embryo transfers. She’s hesitant to do more than that due to other health issues I currently deal with. I trust her judgment 100%.
2013 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Maclin is very kind, very honest, and very knowledgeable. I know that when she says something to me, I can trust that her evaluation is always accurate. When she had bad news to give me, she called me outside of regular office hours so she could let be know ASAP. She gave me her personal cell number in case I had any other questions for her and there as no hesitation. She has called me on days she was off work just to answer any questions I may have had as well.
Trust her. She absolutely knows what she’s doing and what she’s talking about.
Dr. Maclin has always treated me as though I was a personal friend. I’ve always known I could trust her and she has always gone above and beyond to make sure I knew exactly what was happening, when to be confident, and when to worry. I trust her 100%.
I am not good at remembering specific medical plans or situations. I had one IUI cycle with Femara and Gonal-F with a successful pregnancy. When we went back for #2, we haven’t been as successful. We’ve used Femara, Gonal-F, anti-ovulation drugs for IUI and after quite a few tries, we moved to IVF. We used Gonal-F and anti-ovulation injections. We have also used progesterone suppositories, estrogen pills, estrogen patches and progesterone in oil injections for FETs.
I have met with probably most of the nurses at the clinic and each and every one has been amazing. They are caring and friendly and you know they are cheering for you as much as you’re hoping for success.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is very easy to get to. There’s always plenty of parking. The inside is warm and welcoming. They’re really good at calling you back when you have to leave a message and are very understanding when you have multiple questions.
As with any fertility treatment, the costs are high. Each IUI cycle was around $500 (I think) at the time of insemination. Plus the meds and ultrasound costs. IVF was something like 7,500 the day of the retrieval and 3,900 the day of transfer. Again, plus the cost of meds and ultrasounds.
Dr. Maclin has done two single embryo transfers. She’s hesitant to do more than that due to other health issues I currently deal with. I trust her judgment 100%.
Omaha

Dr. Maclin is incredibly warm and kind. My HSG procedure was probably the most nerve-racking (I had heard horror stories) and Dr. Maclin was so comforting and put me at ease. She grabbed my hand and said she would make sure she di everything she could to get it completed with as little discomfort as possible!... Dr. Maclin is smart, warm, compassionate, and understanding. She is everything you need when going through fertility treatment. She understands that it is a challenging time emotionally, physically, financially, and she is very supportive throughout the process.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you are uncertain of something!
Dr. Maclin started us on a gently medicated IUI protocol using donor sperm and 5 days of 2.5mg Femara. We had one failed cycle (with two mature follicles) and are currently in the two week wait of our second cycle (with one mature follicle).
I love the nursing staff at Heartland! They are all so kind and knowledgeable. I see the nurses far more often than Dr. Maclin. I do wish we had a nurse coordinator specific to us (a point person if you will) and/or the ability to get results online or via email, but that is a small price to pay to have such a great team!
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to get to location with plenty of parking, very nice and clean facility, and a generally comfortable environment. All of the staff - admin, nurses, and doctors, are wonderful. The only downside I have found is that they don't use email or have an online portal for test results. They will call with results and instructions and you call them if you need something. On the one hand, it is really nice to talk to a real person (and nurses you have gotten to know), but it would be nice to be able to review results and stuff online.
We have some insurance coverage. Costs are still being determined. Our claims were billed incorrectly several times, which has been a bit frustrating because we still don't know what our out of pocket will be for appointments from 3 months ago, but I know insurance companies can be finicky and I'm just grateful we have some coverage. Donor sperm is not covered so we pay for that out of pocket. You order it through the clinic and it is shipped directly to the clinic. They charge you 300 shipping fee regardless of what sperm bank you order from or what their shipping fee is.
Omaha

Dr. Maclin never visited me to explain or administer any of the procedures...IUI treatment to artificially inseminate, combined with intercourse at home. We went through this treatment twice - one negative pregnancy test and one positive pregnancy test that ultimately resulted in the successful birth of our daughter...did not see me a single time after our initial consultation. She confirmed my PCOS diagnosis, saying that they see it all the time and that it shouldn’t be difficult to treat. She then joked that if I had a more serious issue, she could have billed me more.
See previous response. Ultimately, I got pregnant after 2 treatment at Dr. Maclin’s office. However, I credit the nurses for this. At one point, a nurse wrote a prescription for a medication she knew I would need and just had Dr. Maclin sign it. It’s like Dr. Maclin didn’t need to be involved at all except to technically order prescriptions.
Lower your expectations regarding how frequently you would expect to see Dr. Maclin. Lower your expectations regarding the friendliness and usefulness of the front desk and billing department. If you have a straightforward case like mine, the nurses will take good care of you and you will likely get the result you want. The tears of frustration I had with billing and the front desk are bygones now that I have my baby.
Dr. Maclin did not see me a single time after our initial consultation. She confirmed my PCOS diagnosis, saying that they see it all the time and that it shouldn’t be difficult to treat. She then joked that if I had a more serious issue, she could have billed me more. The front desk and billing personnel also had little tact. While my claims were still going through insurance, the woman at the front desk gave me a hard time about having a balance on my account in front of the whole waiting room. She then made me meet with billing before I could leave my appointment, and billing confirmed that I wasn’t supposed to pay yet as insurance was processing. Conversely, the nursing staff was FANTASTIC. They were engaging, upbeat, professional and just very good at their jobs. I 100% credit them with the success of my IUI procedures.
Metformin extended release every day. Progesterone to induce a period because I did not cycle on my own. Femara for a week after my period to help follicles mature (or something like that - like I said, Dr. Maclin never visited me to explain or administer any of the procedures). Frequent visits to office to monitor growth and maturity of follicles. Trigger shot / injection to induce ovulation, I believe. IUI treatment to artificially inseminate, combined with intercourse at home. We went through this treatment twice - one negative pregnancy test and one positive pregnancy test that ultimately resulted in the successful birth of our daughter.
Great. See previous responses.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
See previous responses. I achieved the desired result relatively quickly, but the billing department and front desk were not helpful, professional, or tactful (with the exception of a male that worked at the front desk - he was very polite).
I don’t recall. I had excellent insurance.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Maclin] is very knowledgable and direct. But she is also very busy and sometimes I felt like just a number. She knows what she is doing but I also didn't get the outcome I was hoping for.... Very knowledgable but didn't read my file at first when coming in to consult me and felt like she never remembered me until we started the ivf process. She was great through that process.... I have bad egg quality so IVF was reccomended to get lots of eggs to genetically test and implant only a good embryo.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
She is very knowledgable and direct. But she is also very busy and sometimes I felt like just a number. She knows what she is doing but I also didn't get the outcome I was hoping for. My first experience with her was not the best as I was originally seeing her partner and then started seeing her but as time went on and I expressed my concerns she was much better.
Make sure you are your own advocate as well. Follow your instinct and fight for what you think the next step is but also do your research so you can ask questions and understand treatment.
2 triploidy losses and then I started fertility treatment. 3 IUI's with medication and trigger shot, then following with progesterone . Last IUI resulted in pregnancy but had another Triploidy loss. I have bad egg quality so IVF was reccomended to get lots of eggs to genetically test and implant only a good embryo. Just finished our first round of IVF, started with birth control then Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and Pregnyl.
The front desk wasn't the friendliest and dint show much compassion, didnt seem to professional. The nurses on the other hand were very professional, compassionate, and caring. They did a great job at explaining everything and answering all my questions.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very knowledgable, direct and caring nurses to work with. I just wish I could've worked directly with one nurse and one doctor the whole time so I didn't feel like I was explaining my situation over and over again. Its comparable in price to the other clinic. I am still continuing treatment at this facility. I have considered a second opinion but I feel like both clinics in Omaha are comparable.
We have spent $50,000 so far in fertility treatment, losses, and testing. We are still continuing our treatment in hopes for a family. Our insurance didn't cover any of it. Everything was so expensive but thats the same at most fertility clinics.
They do not recommend doing multiple embryo transfer because it has more risk and its a safer option to do single.
Omaha

It is a concern of mine that she [Dr. Victoria Maclin] did not take my age (24) and lack of fertility problems into concern when she planned my protocol. It did not feel like it was tailored to me and my situation...During the course of the stimulation period I reacted very strongly to the medication (no female infertility cause) and dosage of the medication was immediately adjusted down, with cetrotide added in early. The embryos from this cycle were much worse than to be expected for a couple our age and it was determined that this quick drop in hormones weakened the egg quality and thus harmed the chance our embryos had.
Dr. Maclin was very caring and considerate of our emotions surrounding the process. At times it did feel that she was so concerned about how emotionally strained we were that she sugar-coated our situation and left larger expectations than were possible with our diagnosis.
Do not make decisions in the moment through every appointment. Take time to return home and go over all the information methodically, with the emotion detached.
Dr. Maclin worked very hard to get to know us on a personal level and understand our goals. She described our options, the cost, and what it would be like for our individual case. When requested she gave us an opinion as a doctor and what she would suggest if her own child was in our position. The meeting of these two outlooks made it much easier to weigh our options.
We started off the injectables with her traditional dosage of Gonal-F and Menopur. During the course of the stimulation period I reacted very strongly to the medication (no female infertility cause) and dosage of the medication was immediately adjusted down, with cetrotide added in early. The embryos from this cycle were much worse than to be expected for a couple our age and it was determined that this quick drop in hormones weakened the egg quality and thus harmed the chance our embryos had. It is a concern of mine that she did not take my age (24) and lack of fertility problems into concern when she planned my protocol. It did not feel like it was tailored to me and my situation.
The nursing were very efficient and helped explain the procedures that would be happening but they were not well briefed on our individual case and did not know who we were.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is organized, appropriately staffed, and easy to communicate with. Everyone who works there creates a positive, uplifting atmosphere for everyone within the building. At times, there isn't great communication between the front desk and the financial coordinator which makes payment a little confusing.
A round of IVF/ICSI is estimated 10,550 plus the cost of medications with additional FET at $3900 +medication costs. Freezing of embryos is $500 if put in the cryofreezer all on one day, $750 if they are put in over the course of two separate days.
Dr. Maclin is very resistant to transferring more than one embryo and will not do it without a medical need.
Omaha

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Maclin truly cares for each patient. When there was no heartbeat found for our baby, she sat with us much longer than expected and let us grieve. She walked us though the options of inducing the miscarriage and said over and over how she wished we didn't live so far away so we could be under her care and be monitored more closely. The office even called to check on me after.
Trust your intuition and stay positive. Science can do wonders, but you have to believe in the process. Expect Miracles.
When debating whether or not she recommended IUI or IVF for me, I specifically asked Dr. Maclin what she would recommend for her daughter. She answered honestly and has directed us toward IVF.
For our IUI, we used gonal f injections day 3-7 and then a few days after depending on follicle size. Some cycles we used Cetrotide. To induce ovulation, we too a trigger shot for insemination to follow 36 hours later. For example, Trigger 9 PM on Thursday night, insemination at 8:30 am on Saturday.
Very friendly, gave tons of information about follicle size and lab results which was so helpful. They called to check in after our miscarriage and to monitor the process.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Weakness. Financially, Heartland is very comparable to other clinics; however, they do not offer a warranty program. It's a risk, but it could be the greatest reward of your entire life, so it is absolutely worth it! Advantage- in this area, Dr. Maclin has some of the highest success rates. She is knowledgeable, compassionate and wants the same goal for her patients- a healthy pregnancy and baby. She adjusts treatment based on data and does not simply follow a recipe. Hopefully we will be one of her successful stories!
We are in the $20,000 range since insurance does not cover treatment
Dr.Mackin always adjusted the dosage of final-f depending on ultrasound information

2013 - 2014
I only saw Dr. Maclin twice during the treatments. During the 2nd consultation and again towards the beginning. After that, my treatment was taken over by other doctors, mostly a Dr. Ramses I believe his name was. I also felt like I wasn't taken very seriously (?) and that she seemed very nonchalant over a life altering decision. Not sure what to expect since this was my first course of fertility treatments but I felt very routine in her eyes.
2013 - 2014
European, Latino
She seems very nice and knowledgeable. Gave me the information I needed and formulated a treatment plan that was ultimately highly successful (I got pregnant on the first try). However, if you want a hands on doctor, she may not be the one you need.
With Dr. Maclin, I felt like my care was more up to the nurses than her. I only met her twice, once during the 2nd consultation and one other time at the very beginning of treatment. She did not perform any of the medical aspects herself, this was either done by nursing staff (who were fabulous) or by another Doctor (Dr. Ramses, I think...who is no longer there). I don't know what I expected since this was the only time I ever sought fertility treatments but it felt a lot like going in and getting a check up instead of making the biggest decision of my life.
I don't remember
Can't say enough about the nurses. Always treated me well, held my hand during the rough stuff and seemed genuinely happy for me when I became pregnant.
Clean, modern and roomy.
I don't make a lot of money so I was really surprised that a course of treatment was actually attainable...still not cheap but possible.

2012 - 2018
Dr Maclin is always kind and well mannered. Don’t always get to see her and sometimes no call back from her. She doesn’t sugar coat things but is never rude. After 3 rounds of IVF and 2 IUIs we have come to know dr Maclin and some of the staff pretty well. Dr Maclin pulled some strings for us when we found out husbands count went to 0 from the last time we had tried. She worked it out with another Doctor for a discounted price on sperm aspiration so that we could afford it. Dr Maclin is a kind caring dr that makes you feel like you aren’t just a number.
2012 - 2018
If you have questions whether you think they are silly or not ask them. If you asked before and need clarification ask again. And sometimes it doesn’t hurt to ask about discounts :)
Dr Maclin was very personable and easy to talk to. She always made you feel like you mattered.
We absolutely love our ultrasound tech Cheryl! So so easy to talk to and was always willing to find out answers to our questions. All the staff are very friendly but Cheryl was by far our favorite!
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very friendly clean atmosphere. Very seldom had to wait too long to get to our appointment. We did have one mix up on an appointment but they were able to fix it quickly since we are 3 hours away from there.
What stood out the most was the cost of medications for our third round of ivf. Insurance had covered the first two rounds.
The first round of IVF we transferred they would not transfer more than two back. The second round was the same which resulted in our son. The third most recent round was a little different. They had higher success rates and a lot resulted in twins so they said they normally only transfer 1 back now. She said with my history we would transfer two but only had one to transfer back :(
Omaha

Although I had already have four IUIs she [Dr. Victoria Maclin] did one at her clinic to see how I reacted to medications. I started the IVF right after the failed IUI. The first IVF process was stopped and converted to an IUI do to my response to the medications, however when I went back and tried another IVF she only increased the dose even though I believed that it was due to the type of medication.
I loved working with Dr. Maclin. She was the third doctor I had been to and the first that was able to do the IVF process. Her team was always friendly and willing to work around my time as I lived an hour away from the clinic. Although I had already have four IUIs she did one at her clinic to see how I reacted to medications. I started the IVF right after the failed IUI. The first IVF process was stopped and converted to an IUI do to my response to the medications, however when I went back and tried another IVF she only increased the dose even though I believed that it was due to the type of medication. For the second IVF I got to the egg retrieval, but none of the eggs made it. Rather than telling me on the phone she had my and my husband take a full day off work and drive so she could tell us in person. I would have rather been told in person, but she explained that she felt it was more personable to do it face to face.
The piece of advance that I would give is be prepared to know the terminology, because it goes fast and they have a lot of terms I didn't know.
I loved working with Heartland. They were always friendly when entering the office, however I felt they could share more of my chart information with me. I always had to be the one asking questions rather than showing me my data.
When I started I did an IUI with Gonal-F and trigger. At this time I was on the lowest dose. I then started an IVF with Gonal-F and Menopur. At this time I was on 200 of the Gonal-F and they lowest does of Menopur. They did not get the response they got the first time so they stopped the cycle and did an IUI. The next time I again tried the IVF with the highest dose of Gonal-F and Menopur. This time I had the egg retrieval, but none of the six eggs made it.
The nursing staff at the clinic were great! They always answered when I called and did not talk down to me because I didn't always know what they were talking about. When I ran out of medication and needed more they helped me get it locally. I loved the nursing staff!
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic was the first that i went to the really understood what I was going through and took the time to show it. They were the first to do the IVF process and showed a good result from past IVFs they completed. I would suggest that people come to the clinic with some idea of terminology. They were not very understand of having to drive an hour to and from appointments. I feel that they could have given me more information about my personal data rather than the clinic data.
I spent about 10,000 for the IFV that was transferred to an IUI and I spent 14,000 on the IFV that failed after the egg retrieval.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I did not see Dr Maclin much but when I did she was always kind and caring. ... I was mostly attended to by an associate Doctor and the nurses [Heartland Center]. However, when I did see Dr Maclin she was always kind and caring while being truthful as well. I believe she may have been more involved with their IVF patients and not as much with the IUI patients. ... Don’t expect to see her all that much in the early stages of being a patient.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I barely saw Dr Maclin. I was mostly attended to by an associate Doctor and the nurses. However, when I did see Dr Maclin she was always kind and caring while being truthful as well. I believe she may have been more involved with their IVF patients and not as much with the IUI patients.
Don’t expect to see her all that much in the early stages of being a patient.
Heartland always treated us really well and were very honest with us. I did not see Dr Maclin much but when I did she was always kind and caring. The nurses and office staff were always helpful and friendly as well.
For IUI we started with femara and monitoring and went on to injectibles in the final IUI.
The nurses really made the place run. I barely saw the doctors but was cared for by the nurses often. They were all kind and caring as well as thorough in explanations.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Very professional and caring. Don’t expect to see your RE much in the first stages (past the original consult) if you are doing IUI. They did pretty well with a traveling patient like myself but did on occasion have to be called for information. They definitely seed to specialize more in clients that can do all of their monitoring on site but worked with me as best they could.
A lot! I don’t remember exactly but I think we probably spent around $5000 there for monitoring and IUI
Omaha

Dr. Maclin is blunt with expectations, but supportive as we struggle to carry a pregnancy to term. She shared her excitement when we had a high number of eggs retrieved through IVF. Her bed side manner really helped us deal with continual bad news due to poor egg quality.... We had 2 losses on our own. Performed IUI to help with 3rd pregnancy which ended in another loss. We do not struggle getting pregnant we struggle carrying to term due to poor egg quality. We tried IVF to reduce risk of an embryo implanting that does not have a high likelihood of leading to a full term pregnancy.
Expect honest answers.
She invested in our dream of becoming parents.
We had 2 losses on our own. Performed IUI to help with 3rd pregnancy which ended in another loss. We do not struggle getting pregnant we struggle carrying to term due to poor egg quality. We tried IVF to reduce risk of an embryo implanting that does not have a high likelihood of leading to a full term pregnancy. Retrieved 17 eggs and ended up being genetically abnormal.
Incredibly supportive and aware of our situation. They new the right things to say to ensure my wife and I felt comfortable.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Their staff and facilities are great. I struggled with paying a $60 copay every visit when we were spending thousands on IVF. We never had to wait too long for our appointments. They are very accommodating if you have additional needs.
Cost for IUI was around $500. IVF was $20,000. That includes egg retrieval and genetic testing of embryo. Implantation was $3,000 - $4,000.
Preference is to do 1 at a time to mitigate risk of multiples. But they are open to implanting more than one if requested.
Omaha

Dr. Maclin would personally call me to discuss my treatment and progress...Dr. Maclin is blunt and tells you the truth. She won't sugarcoat anything. She is very smart but doesn't make you feel dumb...She was a great communicator and extremely knowledgeable. I trusted her with my body and embryos. She is an expert in her field. She is very compassionate and let me cry on the phone and never made me feel like less of a person.
To be patient. Infertility is a long process with lots of tests. Dr. Maclin is blunt and tells you the truth. She won't sugarcoat anything. She is very smart but doesn't make you feel dumb. She treats you how she wants her daughter treated.
Dr. Maclin would personally call me to discuss my treatment and progress.
Gonal-f, menopur, and Lupron were used in my cycles. I can't remember doses.
The entire staff was friendly and fun. Fertility treatments are stressful but they make it more relaxing. They are available anytime to talk and will even share their direct number to access them quickly.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
It is clean and welcoming. Payments are expected up front on the day of services. Their financial manager is awesome and does all the insurance dirty work.
I think I ended up paying around $18,000
She prefers eSET
Omaha

She’s wonderful, and really felt like she [Dr. Victoria Maclin] cared...extremely positive, kind, and accommodating. I felt like I could tell her or ask anything. She has a great bed side mannor, and I highly recommend her. The only thing I wish she did the IUI’s. To me it would be nice to see her those days and not the nurse...I wish I had asked her to be a lot more aggressive...UI with clomid 2x’s and 1 with injunctions, and then 2 home IUI’s if you will.
Macklin was extremely positive, kind, and accommodating. I felt like I could tell her or ask anything. She has a great bed side mannor, and I highly recommend her. The only thing I wish she did the IUI’s. To me it would be nice to see her those days and not the nurse.
Ask a lot of questions, she will be happy to answer them all.
She’s wonderful, and really felt like she cared.
IUI with clomid 2x’s and 1 with injunctions, and then 2 home IUI’s if you will. I wish I had asked her to be a lot more aggressive.
Kind, friendly, and thorough!
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
My ONLY complaint is the other Doctor in the office, I cannot recall her name but she is rude, and has NO time for anyone with a weight problem. I left bawling and defended to see Macklin. She apologized, and said that’s not how we treat people, and was wonderful to me!
10,500 for IVF I believe (we didn’t do) $400 IUI They let you do payment plans on testing that’s not covered for both aspiring Mom and Dads.

2011 - 2017
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I would have preferred a specific diagnosis [from Dr. Victoria Maclin]. Ideas on what I could do in my personal life that could change the income and prepare my body. None of these things were discussed. She was always very personable and seemed to remember us each time!...She personally called me with results. She took the time to sit down and have a consultation to talk about things at our request.
2011 - 2017
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I would have preferred a specific diagnosis. Ideas on what I could do in my personal life that could change the income and prepare my body. None of these things were discussed. She was always very personable and seemed to remember us each time!
Its hard to get a specific diagnosis.
Stimulation protocol. G225/m2 x 3 days, then drop to G150/M1x8days. Gonal F. Menopur, Cetrotide. ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Always so nice!!!
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Communication is great, but would prefer email more details that could help. The facility is beautiful and clean. I would like to see the clinic focus on more whole body initiatives and how all aspects of living affect infertility.
It was apprx 18,000 per IVF. and 5000 for IUI. We applied for the BabyQuest grant and they did fill out paperwork for us to submit with the application. They were NOT willing to discount anything to work with Baby Quest.
She preferred blastocysts but would transfer morulas if we had any.
Omaha

She [Dr. Victoria Maclin] was nice, she explained everything. She was profesenal, and asked us questions. She wanted to start treatment right away but didn't seem interested if we were going to be able to afford it. She also did not seem to care that we live four and a half hours away, meaning we would have to take off of work to get to any extra appointments.
She was nice, she explained everything. She was profesenal, and asked us questions. She wanted to start treatment right away but didn't seem interested if we were going to be able to afford it. She also did not seem to care that we live four and a half hours away, meaning we would have to take off of work to get to any extra appointments.
Be ready and financially able to dive in full force.
She was polite and explained everything to us.
She performed a HSG on me showing that my tubes are completely blocked. She was wanting to set up another appt to have my husband do a sperm test.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was beautiful and there was a lot of privacy, clinic was not located in downtown Omaha which was a HUGE plus. It would be a huge help if they could schedule the women's HSG and the man's sperm analysis at the same time or around the same time (deff. the same day)
The HSG was not a bad price, but was not told what any further treatment would cost.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Dr. Victoria Maclin is] Compassionate and,caring. You were treated as a patient not a number or by another paycheck. She would always have the next step planned in our infertility journey.... She had tried me with a few different fertility medications such as clinic and femera... I started out seeing Dr. Ramey and he retired and so I was turned over to Dr. Macklin. She had called our satellite office to always give directions on my next step of treatment.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Compassionate and,caring. You were treated as a patient not a number or by another paycheck. She would always have the next step planned in our infertility journey. I look forward going back hopefully in the future.
She is the best around.
The whole office was so caring and nice that it makes you keep wanting to go back.
I started out seeing Dr. Ramey and he retired and so I was turned over to Dr. Macklin. She had called our satellite office to always give directions on my next step of treatment. She had tried me with a few different fertility medications such as clinic and femera
Very compassionate and caring. Quick to return phone calls.
Describe your experience with Heartland Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This office I feel like was one of the bests for me. I’ve been to a few different offices and just left feeling defeated. Heartland is my favorite. I love the doctor and the staff there. I’d recommend this office to everyone.
Unsure