Medical SchoolU of Arizona
FellowshipWeill Cornell
3125 N. 32nd St.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
602-956-7481
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vinay Gunnala to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Southwest Fertility Center to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Vinay [Gunnala] is thorough and takes time to explain every step of this arduous process...compassionate when discussing sensitive topics. He is responsive to emails and was honest with probabilities during our IVF process...We were on a down-regulated Gonal-F, Ganirelix protocol with a Lupron Trigger to lower the risk of OHSS...In the end we ended up with mild ohss, and due to the number of embryos, Dr Vinay insisted that we freeze-all and have a frozen transfer in another cycle.
This clinic [Southwest Fertility Center] has experience and it is a blessing and a curse. I have full faith in the Dr’s and most of the Nurses, but the office staff is rough around the edges. Due to the tenure of many of the office staff, they tend to assume that their new patients know the process as thoroughly as they do. This is not the case and can be confusing or rushed to a new patient. Do your research and be prepared to ask questions.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Vinay Gunnala at Southwest Fertility Center?
Dr Vinay is new to this clinic that has been in Phoenix since 1980. He is thorough and compassionate when discussing sensitive topics. He is responsive to emails and was honest with probabilities during our IVF process
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vinay Gunnala at Southwest Fertility Center?
Do not be afraid to ask difficult questions. The office isn't shiny and new, but the level of care is thoughtful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vinay Gunnala at Southwest Fertility Center?
Dr Vinay is thorough and takes time to explain every step of this arduous process.
Describe the protocols Vinay Gunnala used in your cycles at Southwest Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Given our diagnosis, pcos with 4.5amh , and severe male factor, Dr Vinay recommended IVf with ICSI and a goal of a fresh transfer. We were on a down-regulated Gonal-F, Ganirelix protocol with a Lupron Trigger to lower the risk of OHSS. On the day of retrieval we extracted 25 egg, 19 of which were mature. Of those 11 fertilized and 3 reached day 5 embryo. In the end we ended up with mild ohss, and due to the number of embryos, Dr Vinay insisted that we freeze-all and have a frozen transfer in another cycle. The FET cycle protocol was lupron , estrogen and progesterone. Dr Vinay again was open and communicative during this process. We received the results of our Hcg-beta of 191 on day 11 after FET.
Most of the nurses were excellent. One was less than stellar, and tended to rush through important information like the pre-ivf disclosures.
Describe your experience with Southwest Fertility Center.
This clinic has experience and it is a blessing and a curse. I have full faith in the Dr’s and most of the Nurses, but the office staff is rough around the edges. Due to the tenure of many of the office staff, they tend to assume that their new patients know the process as thoroughly as they do. This is not the case and can be confusing or rushed to a new patient. Do your research and be prepared to ask questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vinay Gunnala at Southwest Fertility Center.
IFV with ICSI 5900 + Meds Lupron Trigger Shot 195 FET Cycle 2500 + Med Lab tests not included in IVF cycle (due to OHSS), ~200
Describe Vinay Gunnala's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southwest Fertility Center.
Dr Vinay, recommended transferring a single embryo due to our prognosis and quality of embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Southwest Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southwest Fertility Center.
One nurse on occasion forgot to call in a prescription and tended to rush through important information.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vinay Gunnala at Southwest Fertility Center.

He [Dr. Vinay Gunnala] was very warm through the consultation and ended with saying he was positive he could help me...He asked many times if I had questions and was very thorough. He even said they'd work with me regarding ultrasounds he needs taken in his office, not something you hear from fertility clinics very often... said yesterday that his nurses would be sending me a message today containing everything he spoke about during the teleconsult including tests he was going to order. I haven't yet received it and when I called I discovered they had closed almost two hours early. Some of these tests need to be done soon if I'm going to start in September so I'm concerned.
[Southwest Fertility Center] has an IVF package starting at $5300 that has made IVF affordable to me. Unfortunately, the meds will run between $3-8000 and I'm hoping they will submit a preauth ahead of time so I can find out how much insurance will cover...Weakness: One of the nurses was not very knowledgeable at all and had me worried SW Fertility was not equipped to handle me as an out-of-state patient. This ended up being completely false. Strengths: Fran's really on top of things and Dr. Vinay Gunnala is a top doctor that I have a lot of faith in.
How was your experience with Vinay Gunnala at Southwest Fertility Center?
Ask a lot of questions- he expects you to and he will give thorough answers.
I mentioned to Vinay Gunnala that my sister used their clinic to have her son who is now 30. He told me to send my regards. He was very warm through the consultation and ended with saying he was positive he could help me.
Describe your experience with Southwest Fertility Center.
He has an IVF package starting at $5300 that has made IVF affordable to me. Unfortunately, the meds will run between $3-8000 and I'm hoping they will submit a preauth ahead of time so I can find out how much insurance will cover. I also need to finish applying for Compassionate Care which I really don't want to do until I receive the price list to verify prices which they were supposed to be sending today.
What specific things went wrong at Southwest Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southwest Fertility Center.
Dr. Vinay Gunnala said yesterday that his nurses would be sending me a message today containing everything he spoke about during the teleconsult including tests he was going to order. I haven't yet received it and when I called I discovered they had closed almost two hours early. Some of these tests need to be done soon if I'm going to start in September so I'm concerned.
+ Read more- Read less