Medical SchoolThomas Jefferson
ResidencyLankenau Hosp
301 South 7th Ave
West Reading, PA 19611
610-374-2214 x3071
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vincent Pellegrini to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 61%Don't recommend: 39%7
2014 - 2018
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Pellegrini] was very honest and to the point. He didn’t give any sort of false hope; which is what I loved! He also gave me a voice when I felt as if I didn’t have one. After complications with my insurance, he called the insurance company while we were in his office and handled it. I could not believe it. I knew right then and there that I had someone fighting in my corner with me... It was my decision to jump directly to ivf and Dr.Pellegrini understood and agreed. Once this occurred, I started with Lupron for 3 weeks followed by follistim and menopur leading up to two days prior to retrieval. I then needed an hcg injection. After the retrieval I was ordered to do progesterone injections until blood work and then 12 weeks following if pregnancy test was positive. I needed to increase my progesterone dose once during this period.
2014 - 2018
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Vincent Pellegrini at RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility?
After leaving Dr.Pellegrini’s office for the first time, I felt such a sense of comfort and relief. For years, my husband and myself became used to leaving each appointment feeling like we were on a rollercoaster ride that couldn’t be stopped. That was until now. Although this was the first appointment, I felt safe and confident that I would be given a family under his care. He immediately reviewed all of our previous records and tests. He was very honest and to the point. He didn’t give any sort of false hope; which is what I loved! He also gave me a voice when I felt as if I didn’t have one. After complications with my insurance, he called the insurance company while we were in his office and handled it. I could not believe it. I knew right then and there that I had someone fighting in my corner with me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vincent Pellegrini at RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility?
This is very easy for me simply because I have referred several friends. I have told each one of these couples struggling to not think about how much time has gone by; to stop worrying about what could have been and start looking with anticipation at what is yet to be. It’s a fresh start to an incredible journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vincent Pellegrini at RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility?
After being under the care of another specialist prior to Dr.Pellegrini, I immediately felt a sense of relief. He was thorough, positive, and patient with our questions. Unlike our previous specialist, he took his time to answer all of my emotional questions. Not once had he ever made me feel as though I was taking up his time . In addition, Dr. Pellegrini took the time to hand-write a personal thank you card when I referred a friend.
Describe the protocols Vincent Pellegrini used in your cycles at RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility and their degree of success.
I initially started with follistim injections prior to 2 iui’s that we’re unsuccessful. It was my decision to jump directly to ivf and Dr.Pellegrini understood and agreed. Once this occurred, I started with Lupron for 3 weeks followed by follistim and menopur leading up to two days prior to retrieval. I then needed an hcg injection. After the retrieval I was ordered to do progesterone injections until blood work and then 12 weeks following if pregnancy test was positive. I needed to increase my progesterone dose once during this period.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Debra Schott)
Mrs.Debra Schott, the Fertility Coordinator was nothing short of amazing. She communicated so frequently that I actually missed talking to her once I was released from the clinic. She showed such a great deal of empathy and compassion with each phone call. One day before my retrieval, the West Reading area was hit with a blizzard. Yes, a blizzard! She called multiple times to check in with my husband and I. I have never felt so cared for. In fact, I still like to send her pictures of my twin sons to this day.
Describe your experience with RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility.
The staff is friendly and accommodating when making an appointment. If you cannot reach someone after your first initial phone call, someone in the office returns your call by the end of the day. The receptionists are friendly and take the time to ask you about your own life. It is natural to build relationships with all of the women in that department. The billing department isn’t overly pushy and they too are accommodating and friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vincent Pellegrini at RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility.
Dr.Pellegrini’s billing department provided a itemized cost sheet including all services. They calculated a 20% global fee. I initially asked if they participated in similar payment plans as my previous clinic which gave reimbursement after 3 rounds of ivf. It was imply put that they do not participate in this because they want to get it right the first time! I was not charged for any service until after my transfer. With the egg retrieval, transfer, and Icsi, the total cost was $8,000.00
West Reading
Dr. Pelligrini is not exactly a "feel good" Dr, he is straight forward, which I prefer. He gives you blunt answers, and does not beat around the bush. He provides you with the information that you need to know. He is open to discussion and friendly, but you know what you are dealing with.... I had an HSG, which showed completely blocked tubes. He performed a laproscopy and a hysteroscopy during which he severed my tubes and cut as many lesions as he could (chronic PID). He discovered that I have auto-immune hypothyroidism and I am now on medication to get that regulated.
Don't expect to be coddled. Dr Pelligrini is a very good doctor, and he will give you the straight facts and tell you exactly what you need to do and how he can help. I much prefer his approach.
Dr Pelligrini is very matter of fact, which I prefer. I don't need things to be sugar-coated, I just need to know that facts and how I can proceed to have success. He is very knowledgeable and up front.
I have called the nurses countless times and they are always very patient and understanding of my stress. They give me the information I request and are very helpful.
Describe your experience with RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility.
Clinic is with a regular gynecological office, which I view as a plus. They are also in a building that is part of a hospital system so it houses their own lab. It is basically a one-stop shop where you can have all of your testing done.
25 copay each visit, 10% co-insurance for any procedure, 12-15000 for IVF
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Pellegrini is incredibly thorough. He treats each patient and each case individually; you will never feel you're part of an infertility assembly line. We appreciated his conservative, calculated approach. He never rushed us to the next step, but explained all of our options and the pros and cons of each. He was a true partner to us in this difficult journey and we couldn't be happier with the process or the outcome.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
You will not feel "schmoozed" at your first appointment. Dr. Pellegrini is very clinical and methodical in his approach; I would describe him as a perfectionist. This appealed immediately to my husband, but took me (the more warm/fuzzy type) a minute to get used to. In the end, we felt very well cared for by Dr. Pellegrini.
They gave extensive personal attention to each patient. Dr. Pellegrini and the nursing staff (especially Deb and Sherri) were approachable, always available (by phone an email), and personable. They spent as much time with you as you needed. You never felt rushed or diminished.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RHPN Women's Clinic and IVF-Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sherri for Injectible / IUI treatments and Deb for IVF)
Both Sherri and Deb are warm, compassionate, thorough, trustworthy, and competent. Hearing a negative pregnancy test result is never easy, but they approached it with so much care and concern, they felt like members of the family. They were firm on the things they needed to be, and spent whatever amount of time you needed explaining and demonstrating to make you feel confident in your protocol.