5.3

Wash U. St. Louis

nurse available by email
Virginia Houserman works at

Birmingham (closed)
2006 Brookwood Med. Ctr. Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35209
800-476-9784

She [Dr. Houserman] takes her time during consults, and reviews the plan and options thoroughly...She’s been great. She knows my history and is willing to do whatever it takes. She always gives us her full attention and she is very kind. When she has done my iui she was extremely efficient and gentle. I look forward to my visits with her...First, clomid, because I had only used letrizole to date. Then we added follistim and pregnyl and iui. For a year, that was the plan every month except those that holidays or travel got in the way. We got pregnant after 5 months with dr. H but lost the baby at week 7. We did everything right, the clinic handled the situation with the utmost respect. After the iui and tons of testing, the Mc was deemed unexplained. We did 2 more iui after that and no result, so now we are preparing to move on to next step
They [nurses at ART Fertility Program of Alabama] always know and recognize me. They are all efficient and friendly. My visits are Always on time and they communicate well...The place needs a facelift, it feels very dingy and outdated, but the quality of care is excellent. Also, the option to use a satellite clinic is super helpful since there are so many visits. My husband always had a hard time with sperm collection in the clinic because the room is awkward, but they will let you take a cup and bring it back, that’s been real helpful...Iui is $400 with sperm wash...First, clomid, because I had only used letrizole to date. Then we added follistim and pregnyl and iui. For a year, that was the plan every month except those that holidays or travel got in the way. We got pregnant after 5 months with dr. H but lost the baby at week 7. We did everything right, the clinic handled the situation with the utmost respect. After the iui and tons of testing, the Mc was deemed unexplained. We did 2 more iui after that and no result, so now we are preparing to move on to next step
How was your experience with Virginia Houserman at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Virginia Houserman at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama)?
Write down questions ahead of time, it’s hard to think of them when you’re actually there.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Virginia Houserman at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama)?
She takes her time during consults, and reviews the plan and options thoroughly.
Describe the protocols Virginia Houserman used in your cycles at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama). (Assigned nurse: Chasity )
They always know and recognize me. They are all efficient and friendly. My visits are Always on time and they communicate well.
Describe your experience with Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Virginia Houserman at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
Iui is $400 with sperm wash. My insurance covers most ultrasound and labs, I usually have a $25 copay per visit with doc/nurse. My RX is usually about $400 for follistim and pregnyl
Describe Virginia Houserman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
Seems like she agrees to do 2
Montgomery
She [Dr. Houserman] is so smart and does a great job at explaining things in detail. She is friendly and makes you feel welcome...At first she seems cold and like she’s talking in a different language. But once you start talking to her she is super friendly and open to any questions or concerns and addresses them...I did iui’s with clomid and then she switched me to letrazole just to see if my body would react better. Same reaction. So then we did a pure shot cycle with iui. Used follistim and HCG shot. Ovaries reacted very well. But my emotions were horrible i was super angry all of the time. Then i quit working and decided to go to IVF. did follistim menopur progesterone hcg leuprolide. Did egg retrieval with good results froze the unused embryos and am currently waiting to see if i am pregnant from the fresh transfer.
Love ALL of the nurses at both Montgomery and Birmingham [offices of ART Fertility Program of Alabama]. They all are so positive and make it as nice of an experience as possible. We never even have to wait very long either which is awesome...Only twice the nurses forgot to give me a prescription. One time it was for progesterone but the nurse at Birmingham asked about it and got it for me immediately and did not affect that cycle at all. And the other time the nurse forgot to give me the prescription for antibiotics that we had to take before the egg retrieval but once again it did not effect the cycle bc i got home and looked at my calendar and saw i was supposed to get the prescription.
At first she seems cold and like she’s talking in a different language. But once you start talking to her she is super friendly and open to any questions or concerns and addresses them. She is just so smart it’s hard for her to tell us things in our way and not the medical way. But if you ask she will clear any confusion up! She’s a great dr.
To trust her. At first we weren’t sure of her so we questioned her decisions a lot. But she knows what she’s doing.
She is so smart and does a great job at explaining things in detail. She is friendly and makes you feel welcome
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
Love ALL of the nurses at both Montgomery and Birmingham. They all are so positive and make it as nice of an experience as possible. We never even have to wait very long either which is awesome.
Be prepared to be overwhelmed and when you get home write down any questions you have. Bc you will forget them by the next visit. Trust the dr and the nurses but also understand that they do this all day everyday and that sometimes you have to ask why are you doing this what are you doing, what is my next appt for.
Prob around $25,000-30,000 in all
We thought really hard about this. We chose to transfer 2 embryos instead of just one because of me having unexplained infertility. We still don’t know what the problem is so we wanted as much of a chance that was possible just in case implantation has been the problem. We asked dr Houserman and she was immediately onboard with it. I thought she was going to push to do just one bc of the risks but given my age and all of my bloodwork and everything always looking amazing and promising she decided it would be worth it for us.
What specific things went wrong at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
Surrogacy With Other Docs
My wife and I had an issue with the billing department being respectful regarding our sexual orientation as a couple. Dr. Houserman made sure to address the issue with the individual in billing. Dr. Houserman apologized to us and said it wouldn’t happen again...She’s very matter of fact, but courteous. We had to ask specific questions about certain things that weren’t obvious, but she answered our questions/concerns without hestitation...
Tracey was/is great. So is the sweet little lady that takes care of the blood work [at ART Fertility Program of Alabama]. Anytime I called with questions or concerns, they would jump right on it... sometimes it may be confusing to have information at several clinics, but they would figure everything out...Monitoring appointments were scheduled to my liking...I’m 40, so multiple embryos being transferred was discussed...Strengths: Caring, Flexible, Informative Weakness: Sometimes unable to synthesize information from bith clinics. They do try though. Also check back after an appointment to make sure information was relayed accurately.
She’s very matter of fact, but courteous. We had to ask specific questions about certain things that weren’t obvious, but she answered our questions/concerns without hestitation. Hopefully our first cycle will be successful.
She’s blunt, don’t take offense. Ask questions no matter what.
I don’t remember the overall strategy, but some of my meds included Ovasitol, Menapur, Follustim, and a trigger shot before retrieval. We retrieved 10 eggs, all 10 were mature and frozen. My wife is currently doing a “down-regulation” protocol with BCP, Lupron, Estrace, and Progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama). (Assigned nurse: Tracey)
Tracey was/is great. So is the sweet little lady that takes care of the blood work. Anytime I called with questions or concerns, they would jump right on it... sometimes it may be confusing to have information at several clinics, but they would figure everything out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama).
Monitoring appointments were scheduled to my liking.
Around average. Meds and monitoring were covered by insurance with copay.
I’m 40, so multiple embryos being transferred was discussed.
Birmingham (closed)
1st time we met [with Dr. Virginia Houserman] it was just to discuss what was going to happen. 1st IUI was unmedicated just monitor and trigger shot. Negative. So we had to see the dr again she said I have PCOS without the cysts that I don't ovulate on my own so she recommends letrazol was it's less likely to make me crazy. So IUI #2 we monitor and add letrazol days 5-10 trigger shot in office I ovulate! Everything looks great this time they do an ultrasound to show I ovaulated and everything looked great but again negative. So they tell me we are going to do the same thing over so IUI #3 monitor letrazol days 5-10 trigger shot in office only this time no ultrasound. And once again a negative.
They [ART Fertility Program of AL- Birmingham] are very kind and compassionate made an uncomfortable situation as comfortable as possible. Negatives would be you see so many different nurses you get lost. Sometimes they are so busy they forget things always question should i be getting this done as I was told I wouldn't have to pee in a cup one time then after I peed I had to pee in a cup! I feel like they could do more to make sure it's as successful as it can be I feel like I'm dishing out all this money and sometimes I got ultrasounds sometimes I didn't.
She is always up front telling me you know you shouldn't be discouraged but then would say something optimistic behind it like I know your going to be a mother I just know it. Which was nice but also hard every time I got negative after.
Ask any questions you have don't be afraid
They were always kind and took time to know me although I'm sure it's because I was there so much. Everyone was extremely kind and never made me feel out place. They made a very awkward situation not awkward at all.
1st time we met it was just to discuss what was going to happen. 1st IUI was unmedicated just monitor and trigger shot. Negative. So we had to see the dr again she said I have PCOS without the cysts that I don't ovulate on my own so she recommends letrazol was it's less likely to make me crazy. So IUI #2 we monitor and add letrazol days 5-10 trigger shot in office I ovulate! Everything looks great this time they do an ultrasound to show I ovaulated and everything looked great but again negative. So they tell me we are going to do the same thing over so IUI #3 monitor letrazol days 5-10 trigger shot in office only this time no ultrasound. And once again a negative. So we go back to see the dr get told everything looks good on paper but because we use don't sperm we are ok to be more aggressive. So for IUI #4 we did letrazol days 3-7 then follistim shots till I my follicles were the right size then I triggered at home that night then went to the dr 36 hours later for Insemination . No ultrasound or anything this time and once again a negative!!! Now we are trying to raise money to try again.
Thy are very caring but not very informative
They are very kind and compassionate made an uncomfortable situation as comfortable as possible. Negatives would be you see so many different nurses you get lost. Sometimes they are so busy they forget things always question should i be getting this done as I was told I wouldn't have to pee in a cup one time then after I peed I had to pee in a cup! I feel like they could do more to make sure it's as successful as it can be I feel like I'm dishing out all this money and sometimes I got ultrasounds sometimes I didn't.
For the 4 IUI we paid approximately $8000
Went in for my 3rd IUI missing work for this and was called on my way out to tell me I could t proceed with my IUI until both my partner and I had our yearly done so had to miss work another day to have it done. When we get there they tell my partner they didn't need to run any tests on her. thankfully as we waited for my blood work they realized the mistake and did her physical as well. This same day I was told to empty my bladder before the exam I said "o don't have to pee In a cup" nope I was told. I ended up having to pee In a cup for the lab. They were supposed to call in my progesterone I ended up having to call them and remind them to do it.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Houserman does not beat around the bush, which I greatly appreciated. If you want someone to be direct with you, but also kind and empathetic then she will be a perfect choice. Sometimes I feel she got our hopes up a little too soon, but that also could have been our own interpretation of her information. She was always professional and gave us the good, bad, and the ugly so we could make an educated decision. I never felt that she forced us into a plan that we did not like and she always answered all of our questions.
Tracey Mendelson [a nurse at ART Fertility Program of Alabama] (of the Montgomery office) and her entire staff became family. I cannot recommend them enough!!... I took the same dose of Letrozole and then did three consecutive days of 75 IU of Follistim. The second cycle was successful and we became pregnant. Unfortunately, after 7 weeks we miscarried. They had to perform a D&C to test the tissue for what may have cause this. The pregnancy was perfectly normal. They did a full thrombosis work up and discovered that I have a blood clotting disorder
Ask questions. Sometimes I wouldn't have received as much information as I needed in order to make a decision or process, but I always felt comfortable asking questions and she always gladly answered them without hesitation.
The staff have always been eager to answer all of our questions around the clock. They took our concerns seriously.
In the beginning my infertility was unexplained and we had already had one miscarriage after getting pregnant using Clomid and under the care of my regular Gyno. They began with two cycles of Letrozole (5 mg per day), but they were unsuccessful. They then moved to letrozole and follistim injections. I took the same dose of Letrozole and then did three consecutive days of 75 IU of Follistim. The second cycle was successful and we became pregnant. Unfortunately, after 7 weeks we miscarried. They had to perform a D&C to test the tissue for what may have cause this. The pregnancy was perfectly normal. They did a full thrombosis work up and discovered that I have a blood clotting disorder. After I recovered from the miscarriage and surgery we continued with the same treatment, but were unsuccessful after two months of the letrozole/folllistim combo. We then moved to straight injections for 2 months and I took 75 IU every day for 6 days. We were unsuccessful in this method as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama). (Assigned nurse: Tracey Mendelson )
Tracey Mendelson (of the Montgomery office) and her entire staff became family. I cannot recommend them enough!!
The clinic is always clean and organized. The building is a little difficult to navigate but not too much of a problem.
My insurance covered most of my appointments and procedures. I never felt that there were unnecessary or extreme charges.
We have not had any discussions about either of these because we have not reached this point in our plan.
IUI With Other Docs
She [Dr. Virginia Houserman] was always kind, caring and compassionate. I never felt rushed while in her office. I think her own experiences with Infertility give her a different perspective than other doctors...When I met Dr.Houserman, I had previously seen a different specialist. To be honest, I was a mess. She had reviewed all of my records before my first visit! She knew about our previous treatment and failures. We discussed my options. It was so refreshing to have someone actually explain the options available in so much detail. She told us IVF was our best option due to previously failed inseminations and my husband's sperm issues. I really didn't want to do IVF but once I understood why it was the best option, I agreed. I sure am glad that I did!!!! We have a beautiful baby boy and we are so grateful to this wonderful doctor and her staff!
The nurses and nurse practitioners [at ART Fertility Program of Alabama] are all wonderful. They are very knowledgeable. They have a large staff and I did see several different nurses but they were all very helpful and knew what they were doing. They are so friendly and compassionate. I can't imagine going through this process without their support.... I dealt with every department at some point and they were always very helpful...The IVF procedure was about $11,000.00. The medications were going to be about$5000.00 but the billing person gave me a packet of information where I could apply for assistance with my medication. It saved us about$1500.00.
Make an appointment and go see her!!
She was always kind, caring and compassionate. I never felt rushed while in her office. I think her own experiences with Infertility give her a different perspective than other doctors.
Our plan was to do IVF with ICSI. We did discuss that I might have to do a frozen transfer if my blood levels began to rise.
The nurses and nurse practitioners are all wonderful. They are very knowledgeable. They have a large staff and I did see several different nurses but they were all very helpful and knew what they were doing. They are so friendly and compassionate. I can't imagine going through this process without their support.
The entire staff is wonderful. Everyone is so friendly and kind. I have read some of the reviews that mention that the office and staff are very large, but I can't imagine how they would accomplish all this with a smaller staff and office. I dealt with every department at some point and they were always very helpful.
We trusted her judgement and experience when it came to deciding to just transfer one embryo.
Birmingham (closed)
She [Dr. Virgina Houserman] took the time to cover everything to expect with us. We only met with her twice because our first cycle with this clinic was successful. She does have a dry personality but at the same time was very caring when I needed it.... Took the time to sit down with us and answer any and all questions we had at our first appointment. Was very honest on what she thought needed to be done on our part for our treatment to be successful. Was willing to do what we were most comfortable with.
The nursing staff [at ART Fertility Program of AL-Birmingham] was very kind and attentive. I went to the satellite office in Tuscaloosa often. Beth (the NP there) can be a hard read at times, but I feel like she gets much friendlier when she gets to know you. I did have new hires draw my blood a few times and you could tell they were new to the procedure, but still very very kind people. (Everyone has to learn at some point!)
She took the time to cover everything to expect with us. We only met with her twice because our first cycle with this clinic was successful. She does have a dry personality but at the same time was very caring when I needed it.
Go in ready to ask questions and be honest on what you want for treatment.
Treatment was monitored medicated cycles with a trigger shot and possible IUI. She did a PCT to determine if IUI would be needed. IUI was recommended for us, but we elected not to on our first cycle. We took letorozle instead of clomid because I had serevel failed clomid cycles with my previous doctor. I had irregular cycles due to PCOS (she discovered my PCOS) so that was why we did monitored cycles. The plan was to get more aggressive with treatment each cycle but our first cycle with Dr. Houserman was successful.
The nursing staff was very kind and attentive. I went to the satellite office in Tuscaloosa often. Beth (the NP there) can be a hard read at times, but I feel like she gets much friendlier when she gets to know you. I did have new hires draw my blood a few times and you could tell they were new to the procedure, but still very very kind people. (Everyone has to learn at some point!)
Very kind staff. Very thorough in their testing, found issues that my last doctor did not. Great system in place for scheduling, messages, etc. Satellite offices were convenient for me being from Tuscaloosa.
Someone went over what our insurance would and would not cover at our first appointment. We knew exactly what the cost would be for us, and it was much more affordable than we expected. They have their out of pocket prices listed on their website as well.
Birmingham (closed)

She [Dr. Virginia Houserman] was very thorough and explained everything to us very well. We knew and understood everything that was going on. Everything was laid out to us. When we left the first day from our visit with her, we were excited and ready to get started. She made us feel comfortable talking about things you normally would not like to discuss with others. We put our total faith in her.
Clinic [ART Fertility of AL] is very organized and thorough. I usually did not have wait very long to be seen. On days that would just go to get blood work, I was in and out in 15 minutes. The up front receptionist was very sweet and would work with you on payments etc.... The nurses at the clinic were all wonderful. I usually would see a different nurse each time and they were all great. They were all very compassionate about what they do. Also a very caring and understanding on the subject matter.
She was very thorough and explained everything to us very well. We knew and understood everything that was going on. Everything was laid out to us. When we left the first day from our visit with her, we were excited and ready to get started. She made us feel comfortable talking about things you normally would not like to discuss with others. We put our total faith in her. She is very well educated on infertility and discussed several things with us about the matter. She is compassionate about what she does and expresses that through the whole process. We were very pleased with her and at the clinic. I would highly recommend her to anyone that is going through infertility. We, however did not get the results we wanted, but hope to be able to go back in the near future and try again.
She is very thorough and educated on infertility. Ask her all of your questions and be sure you know everything you feel you need to know to get started.
Everyone was very friendly and welcoming at the clinic. They all made you feel at home.
Clinic is very organized and thorough. I usually did not have wait very long to be seen. On days that would just go to get blood work, I was in and out in 15 minutes. The up front receptionist was very sweet and would work with you on payments etc.
Monitoring appointments were very convenient. Several appointment times were available to my choosing.
$10,975 was due at suppression check. We paid about $4000 for screenings and monitoring.
Dr. Houserman recommended transferring 2 embryos. She did however recommend not transferring anymore than 2.
Birmingham (closed)

Dr. Houserman always listens to all my questions and concerns. Takes all the time I need. I never feel rushed. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. She is very kind...Write down all your questions and concerns. She will listen and discuss all of them with you. She’s very professional.
This clinic [at ART Fertility Program of Alabama] is very organized, clean, up to date, kind and compassionate. They know who I am each time I come in or call. They know your time is very important and they don’t waste it. They are in this journey with you.
Dr. Houserman always listens to all my questions and concerns. Takes all the time I need. I never feel rushed. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. She is very kind. At my 3 month follow up she talked about all the treatments I had done and my results from them. She listened to all my questions, concerns, and symptoms. There we discussed what treatments needed to be done next.
Dr. Houserman listens carefully to all my questions and concerns. Takes all the time I need. I never feel rushed.
First treatment was a cycle of Letrozole and HCG trigger shot with timed intercourse. Followed by vaginal progesterone. Resulted negative pregnancy test. HSG test was performed and results were great. No blockages found. Second treatment was a cycle of FSH shots, HCG trigger shot, IUI, and vaginal progesterone. Resulted negative pregnancy test. Third treatment was a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and hysterotomy. Endometriosis, adenomyosis, and scarring was found. Waiting to begin fourth treatment cycle.
The nursing staff is very kind and compassionate! They know who I am each time I come.
This clinic is very organized, clean, up to date, kind and compassionate. They know who I am each time I come in or call. They know your time is very important and they don’t waste it. They are in this journey with you.
I
Birmingham (closed)
Dr. Houserman has always taken her time to answer any questions we have and to explain terms we do not understand. I recently suffered a loss and my daughter was stillborn. I called the clinic to let them know and within an hour Dr. Houserman called to check on me and offer her condolences. We have been nothing short of pleased with her as our doctor...My only wish is that we could continue treatment from start to finish.
This clinic [ART Fertility Program of Alabama] is efficient...they are very quick and respond in a timely manner. Everything from scheduling to bloodwork and ultrasounds is organized...[nurses are] Very patient and thorough. So compassionate and comforting. When you see people that often you cannot help got grow an attachment to them...Dr. Houserman has always taken her time to answer any questions we have and to explain terms we do not understand.
Very straightforward but compassionate. Her knowledge is exceptional. We have been so impressed with her. There has never been a time where we have had anything negative to say about her. My only wish is that we could continue treatment from start to finish.
Just listen to her suggestions. She knows what she is doing.
We used letrozole and trigger shots for each round and had great results with the response from my body. Once we got a positive pregnancy I began progesterone shots through 12 weeks. We were able to get pregnant however she was stillborn at 20 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama). (Assigned nurse: Tracy Mendelson )
Amazing hands down. Very patient and thorough. So compassionate and comforting. When you see people that often you cannot help got grow an attachment to them. They are fantastic.
They are very quick and respond in a timely manner. Everything from scheduling to bloodwork and ultrasounds is organized. I really do not have anything negative to say about them. This clinic is efficient and I personally see no weaknesses in the staff or logistics.
I have insurance but it does not cover everything.

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Hoiserman builds relationships with her patients and takes the time to get to know them and truly help them.... She's a blessing and so reassuring that my family will be complete. She goes beyond to make sure i am informed aware. and the best treatment option to help me achieve my deeams of having a baby. Her kindness is sincere and loving.... I was monitored closely and was allowed to try naturally however that resulted in a miscarriage twice, then i was treated for vitamin deficiency...
The clinic [ART Fertility Program of Alabama] was very professional I think one of the weaknesses is that sometimes they're understaffed but overall they're a great place to go to receive treatment for fertility everyone is very knowledgeable and friendly... Dr. Hoiserman builds relationships with her patients and takes the time to get to know them and truly help them.... She's a blessing and so reassuring that my family will be complete.
Be open to her opinions
I was monitored closely and was allowed to try naturally however that resulted in a miscarriage twice, then i was treated for vitamin deficiency for progesterone and needed to use those for extra help 3x day 100mg, i was given folgard and told to take d3 5000. I was put on clomid 100mg 2xday for cycle days 5-9 and did the trigger early am. I did the tww and by urine and blood test i was told i was pregnant.
They are wonderful
The clinic was very professional I think one of the weaknesses is that sometimes they're understaffed but overall they're a great place to go to receive treatment for fertility everyone is very knowledgeable and friendly
I think its pretty affordable
It only happened one time
Birmingham (closed)

She [Dr. Virginia Houserman] told me all the details about my embryo and even made sure was sure on my transfer before she set up my transfer Day...I felt like a human ever time I went to the Doctor because they treated me with the up most respect each time that I went...was very understanding she explained everything to me each time that I went in she always called me and my Husband by name we felt like family to her She made me feel like she was going through this with me she and she staff were extremely supportive
The clinic [ART Fertility Program of Alabana] was very clean the staff was always very Friendly and helpful...The lady that do the blood work remember me each the and always made me smile...the nurse made sure I always had my medicine called in and gave me samples if they had them to help with my cost...the wait was a little long some Days but it was well worth it in my eyes...I felt like a human ever time I went to the Doctor because they treated me with the up most respect each time that I went
Doctor Houseman was very understanding she explained everything to me each time that I went in she always called me and my Husband by name we felt like family to her She made me feel like she was going through this with me she and she staff were extremely supportive
She is very concerned and very aware of what your going through because she has been there she is one of the Best
The Nurses were Great they always answered questions with a smile and even called you back when you needed something
The clinic was very clean the staff was always very Friendly and helpful The lady that do the blood work remember me each the and always made me smile the nurse made sure I always had my medicine called in and gave me samples if they had them to help with my cost the wait was a little long some Days but it was well worth it in my eyes
The cost was a little high
She told me all the details about my embryo and even made sure was sure on my transfer before she set up my transfer Day
Birmingham (closed)
When I saw her [Dr. Virginia Houserman] she explained everything she believed needed to be done. When I had a chemical pregnancy, she called me herself and showed compassion and talked to me when she thought needed to be changed to improve my chances. Took their time and explained everything...she called me herself and showed compassion and talked to me when she thought needed to be changed to improve my chances...Knew my name when I walked in the door.
Nurses of [ART Fertility Program of Alabama] are very compassionate and took her time and explained everything...advantages would be their loving staff, they are able to work with your schedule so you are able to make an appointment...Each visit was $400...quick on calling you the results of your labs and try their best to help you to conceive
When I saw her she explained everything she believed needed to be done. When I had a chemical pregnancy, she called me herself and showed compassion and talked to me when she thought needed to be changed to improve my chances.
Don’t have any
Took their time and explained everything. Knew my name when I walked in the door.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Alabama Fertility Specialists (formerly ART Fertility Program of Alabama). (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Very compassionate and took her time and explained everything
I don’t know of any weaknesses. Their advantages would be their loving staff, they are able to work with your schedule so you are able to make an appointment, quick on calling you the results of your labs and try their best to help you to conceive. If you don’t have insurance that covers infertility, it will cost a lot.
Cost a lot. Each visit was $400.
Montgomery

Dr Houserman can be very business and then personal at times as well. Dr Houserman seems very intelligent and helps to ease the nerves knowing she’s knowledgeable in what she is doing. She has always exhausted all options when doing treatments.... [ART Fertility Program of AL- Montgomery's] Strengths are they are all very friendly and make you feel good even when things are going good. Weakness is the clinic is small so sometimes it’s not always as private as you would like because you can most things said in there.
[ART Fertility Program of AL- Montgomery's] Strengths are they are all very friendly and make you feel good even when things are going good. Weakness is the clinic is small so sometimes it’s not always as private as you would like because you can most things said in there.... Dr Houserman can be very business and then personal at times as well. Dr Houserman seems very intelligent and helps to ease the nerves knowing she’s knowledgeable in what she is doing. She has always exhausted all options when doing treatments.
To ask a lot of questions.
Listens to what you have to say.
Very nice