Medical SchoolSeth G. S.
407 Congress Parkway
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
1585 North Barrington Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vishvanath C. Karande to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend InVia Fertility Specialists to a friend?
The first thing they [InVia Fertility Specialists] did at my appointment was an ultrasound. Before we started the tech told me that Dr. Karande would come in at some point to look at the screen himself. ... He told me that how many embryos to be transferred would be up to me because I only have one shot at IVF due to my egg count being extremely low. ... He explained to me that my left ovary was diminished almost completely and he didn't think that we would be able to get any eggs from it.
How was your experience with Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists?
The first thing they did at my appointment was an ultrasound. Before we started the tech told me that Dr. Karande would come in at some point to look at the screen himself. When he did come in, he looked at it and started to explain to me what we were looking at. There was a screen on the wall for me to look at too. Then after he left I cleaned off and was escorted to his office to discuss everything. I gave him my full medical history, which is extremely long, and then he told me what he seen on the ultrasound. He explained to me that my left ovary was diminished almost completely and he didn't think that we would be able to get any eggs from it. As he was explaining things to me, he was drawing on a paper to show me visually and also writing down all the big words he was saying that he figured I would want to look up later. After he went over my condition, he went on to talk about what he wants to do. As he was talking about the different steps of the IVF procedure he also was drawing a graph on the same sheet of paper with the timelines. Then he asked if I had any questions, but I didn't have any because he thoroughly explained to me everything. Then he mentioned to me the different pricing for each part of the treatment. How the IVF treatment would be one price, anesthesia would be separate, medications, and the pretesting. When I started to tear up (which was a couple of times during our talk), he would stop, hand me a tissue, and console me. My husband wasn't able to be at the appointment with me, but Dr. Karande definitely helped make it easier on me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists?
Be ready to go because Dr. Karande is ready to start your treatment from the day you walk into his office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists?
When I walked in for my consultation appointment the receptionist asked me for my name. After I told her, she responded with "I'm so glad to have a face to go with the voice, I'm the one who you talked to when we set up your appointment." Everyone at the office only called me by my first name or Mrs., and everyone there is super friendly and caring. When some of the staff found out that I would be a cash patient due to my insurance not covering the treatments, they started calling the specialty pharmacies to see who had the lower prices for the medications that I would need. They also told me all of the different options on getting donated medications, how to get the tests done for cheaper, and all the information I would need for grants. They made me feel like they wanted to help me as much as possible.
Describe the protocols Vishvanath C. Karande used in your cycles at InVia Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I'm still in the beginning stages of my IVF. I haven't even finished my pretests yet.
After my meeting with the doctor, he told me that he was going to walk me to the nurses so they could go over pricing of tests and medications. He introduced me to a nurse and we sat down and talked about my situation. She seemed extremely sympathetic to my situation. She told me that she'll call up the specialty pharmacies to see if she can get medication donated or lower prices for me. She then gave me the list of the tests that I would need to have done prior to starting treatment. She highlighted the ones that were required. She advised me to call around and see what prices they would quote me to do these tests just in case I could find a cheaper lab.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
It seems that the clinic is separated into different departments. You have the receptionist who can answer all the basic questions. The nurse who can answer the medical and test questions. The billing department that helps you understand the cost and if you have any questions about the bill. The doctor who can tell you anything you want to know, except the exact price of tests or medicines. This can be both a strength and weakness. I say this because it's a strength since everyone is a master at their position, but it's a weakness when someone has left early and no one else is there to answer your question. Otherwise the clinic is relaxing, clean, and made me feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists.
Since I only have enough eggs to do one round of IVF my costs can be different from someone else's cost. For the IVF treatment it is $10,000. For the anesthesia to retrieve the eggs it is $650. Medications can cost up to $6,000. Pretesting can cost up to $2,000. ICSI is $2,100. AZH is $1,050.
Describe Vishvanath C. Karande's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at InVia Fertility Specialists.
He told me that how many embryos to be transferred would be up to me because I only have one shot at IVF due to my egg count being extremely low. He said when the time comes, he'll let me know all the different options, the benefits, and the disadvantages to each one. I know if I am lucky to have 2 healthy embryos for transfer that I will definitely have both of them, but if there are more well then I'll need his guidance.
Hoffman Estates

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vishvanath C. Karande at InVia Fertility Specialists.

IUI, 3 IVF
At our initial consult Dr. Karande took the time to explain the process moving forward. He was always very straight forward with us (which I greatly appreciated). ... With the subsequent two cycles, Dr. Karande increased the dosages and added two additional types of medication that are not traditionally used. ... I did not feel rushed when I was in his presence. He was always very kind and honest at the same time. He has a very calm demeanor which I also found very comforting.
IUI, 3 IVF
Dr. Karande is a true professional. I felt very confident in his knowledge and skills as a Dr. in this area of expertise. Each time we met, he explained each process clearly. I did not feel rushed when I was in his presence. He was always very kind and honest at the same time. He has a very calm demeanor which I also found very comforting.
Dr. Karande is very knowledgeable, kind, honest and straight forward. Be prepared to accept the information and/or course of treatment that he proposes.
At our initial consult Dr. Karande took the time to explain the process moving forward. He was always very straight forward with us (which I greatly appreciated). His staff always made me feel like a human. They were kind, considerate and willing to take the time to answer and questions or concerns that I had.
We attempted one egg retrieval cycle with typical medications/dosages and did not gain any viable embryos after PGS testing. With the subsequent two cycles, Dr. Karande increased the dosages and added two additional types of medication that are not traditionally used. The third cycle yielded three viable, five day embryos (PGS tested).
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and )
The nursing staff was always very kind and understanding. They always got back to me within a very short time frame and took the time to explain any questions or concerns that I had.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The two clinics that I visited (Crystal Lake and Hoffman) were always well kept and clean. It was nice having a clinic close to home (Crystal Lake). It would have been fantastic if the Crystal Lake location was open on weekends.
The total out of pocket cost was roughly $10,000 which included PGS testing for three egg retrieval cycles.
My husband and I were looking to grow our family by one. We felt completely comfortable in transferring one single embryo.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
My husband and I give Dr. Karande 5 stars! After trying to conceive for over two years we were referred to Dr. Karande by my OB/Gyn. He explained every possible cause for our lack of success and guided us through every test and procedure in order to get some answers. After it was determined that our best chance at conception was IVF, Dr. Karande explained in great detail our estimated costs, timeline, and answered all of the questions we had. When we decided to go through with IVF, I received regular communication from the staff with clear instructions on what my next steps were until my next appointment. Any questions that I had I could either call or message them in their patient portal and I would get prompt responses. After completing all of the necessary steps, I am now 11 weeks pregnant! I look forward to working with Dr. Karande and his exceptional staff in the future for baby number two!
Hoffman Estates

Dr. Karande was profesional from the first time I met with him and he gave me hopes of geting pregnant. He knew exactly why I couldn’t get pregnant from my first visit...Dr. Karande gave me some pills, (forgot the name) to ovulate. After that I had to go get ultrasounds to see if my follicles were growing and when there was a mature follicle, I had to do a trigger shot. 36 hours after trigger shot I went in for IUI. 10 days after I had to go get an hcg test to see if I was pregnant. The test came out positive and then I had to do vaginal progesterone pills.
Everyone is very professional and they make you feel welcome. Dr. Karande was profesional from the first time I met with him and he gave me hopes of geting pregnant. He knew exactly why I couldn’t get pregnant from my first visit. The nurses were very nice and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Karande for those who want to have a baby.
Don’t lose your hopes and trust Dr. Karande. He sure knows what he is doing and will help you have a baby.
The nurses are very nice and helpful. They always made me feel comfortable and their hours for my ultrasounds and blood work worked with my working hours. They were able to take care of me before 7 a.m. I really loved their services and highly recommend Dr. Karande for anyone wanting to have a baby. I really thought it would be hard for me to get pregnant and I got pregnant on my first cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Forgot her name )
The nurse was always there before 7a.m to do my ultrasounds and blood work. She is awesome, always had a smile. She was very helpful. I really thank her for her help.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Everything is good about the clinic. Starting from the staff to their doctors. They have an online portal that will communicate you everything. Blood work results are in the same day. Dr. Karande was very professional. I didn’t see any weaknesses from the clinic.
Insurance covered most and paid out of pocket around $850
n/A
Crystal Lake

Although Dr. Karande was straightforward, he understood that our goal was to get pregnant and have a baby as soon as possible and scheduled treatment on my body’s schedule and not on his clinics schedule....Dr. Karande was very knowledgeable, confident, and straight forward throughout the process which is exactly what I wanted and needed going through this emotional journey. He was very thorough in re- evaluating me prior to starting treatment despite receiving my previous records. His technique(HSG & transfer) was much better
I recently gave birth to my daughter after failing to get pregnant naturally and going through 3 failed transfers with a precious specialist. Making the switch to Invia was invaluable. Dr. Karande was very knowledgeable, confident, and straight forward throughout the process which is exactly what I wanted and needed going through this emotional journey. He was very thorough in re- evaluating me prior to starting treatment despite receiving my previous records. His technique(HSG & transfer) was much better than my previous provider and everything felt very different. Dr Klipstien completed my retrieval. It was great that they completed everything in their office and that my cycle was scheduled around my body’s cycle not their schedule which is why procedures can be completed by either doctor. I have and will recommend Dr. Karande to friends struggling with infertility.
He is very straight forward but had amazing results.
I was on the estrace priming protocol. I never used birth control which I was very pleased with. The protocol was a bit long but it all paid off. We genetically tested the embryos and were able to pick the embryo we wanted transferred which we decided to transfer the embryo that had the best ratings.
Nursing staff always responded quickly to the portal. When I had a bleeding scare early on during pregnancy and messaged the portal, they quickly called to determine the cause and eliminate my concerns and fears.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. They complete all procedures at the office, have a portal where most communication occurs and they respond very quickly to any questions you have. This includes nurses, doctors, and the embryologists.
I had BCBS HMO and it wascovered almost 100% by insuarance. Genetic testing was not covered and cost us approximately $6,000. I was very lucky.
I am glad we listened to his advice to only transfer one embryo.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
feel that Dr. Karande is a very thorough and straight-forward doctor....I knew what was expected of me during my journey which included weight-loss. I followed his protocol and feel that is the reason why I experienced success with my retrieval and even with my transfers...For my egg retrieval, I believe my treatment strategy was an IVF antagonist protocol.... I don't know what the other patients plans were, but I feel like mines was tailored to my diagnosis.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I feel that Dr. Karande is a very thorough and straight-forward doctor. In his field, it is important to be honest with patients about their diagnosis and treatment plan. I also feel it is important to give patients realistic goals to achieve during the IVF/FET process. I knew what was expected of me during my journey which included weight-loss. I followed his protocol and feel that is the reason why I experienced success with my retrieval and even with my transfers. Although two resulted in a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage, Dr. Karande never made it seem like hope was lost.
I would tell a future patient to go into the clinic after exhausting yourself with knowledge about infertility and possibly her or her partner's specific diagnosis of infertility. It is helpful to know what questions to ask at the initial consult with the doctor and makes a more informed patient. Also, be honest about your medical history. At this stage, there is no hiding from your past. It gets very real and very honest.
I felt like I was treated like a human. I don't know what the other patients plans were, but I feel like mines was tailored to my diagnosis. I also feel like I was greeted by name whenever I interacted with staff, even upon checking in at the front desk. The clinic truly felt like a 2nd home.
For my egg retrieval, I believe my treatment strategy was an IVF antagonist protocol. I did 10 days of estrogen priming (CD21-CD4), 12 days of injectable stims for ovarian stimulation (CD5-CD16) menopur 225u/follistim 225u (SD1-4), menopur 300u/follistim 300u (SD5-12), ganirelix 0.25mg (SD7-11) to suppress ovulation, Pregnyl HcG trigger shot 10,000u. We retrieved 18 eggs, 10 initially fertilized, 4 (4aa) blastocyst made it to day 5. We prepped for a fresh single embryo transfer. I did 5 days of antibiotics post retrieval, 5 days of Medrol in preparation for transfer, and started crinone vaginal progesterone support to prepare my lining for embryo transfer/implantation.
I love the nursing staff. They were like a personal cheer squad. I appreciate their attentiveness and basically just being the good spirits I needed when I experienced my losses. The whole staff is very motivational and it is appreciated.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is very strong. The staff work together well, they are there for the patients and they are very well informed about what they do. It is definitely different from getting care at my Primary Care doctor's office of OBGYN's office. I love this clinic and their attentiveness to their patients and have no suggestions on how they could improve such great care!
My IVF and FET procedures including medications were covered by insurance. I only had to pay a $35 copay when interacting with the doctor and my storage fees and initial cost for my frozen embryos.
I fully understand the recommendation to transfer a single embryo and that is the protocol I followed.
Hoffman Estates

I felt like dr karande new what I wanted before I even voiced my opinion and was very open to listening to what I wanted and adjusting our medical plan accordingly. He was very upfront with information and potential risk (which one did occur) and it kept me prepared.... We did IUI after having problems with clomid and my general OBs lack of info. After 3 failed attempts he offered to try more or put IVF on the table. I knew going into the meeting I wanted to move forward with IVF. He was very informative and gave me lots of articles to rea. He warned me that with my AMH levels being so high that he wanted to do a freeze all because I would most likely going to get ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome ( and I did). He gave me statistics and percentages for 1and 2 embryos transfers and gave me reading on complications from multiple births but we still wanted to transfer 2
He will take good care of you and recommend a course of action but don’t be afraid to also let him know what you want and ask questions if you do t understand
On the first visit my husband couldn’t make it so my mom came with me. He walked out shook her hand and said” don’t worry I will take good care of your daughter.”
I loved them! There were two nurses who I got close with and I even went back to visit them twice after leaving the clinic.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
I loved them. The entire staff is friendly and don’t make you feel uncomfortable. They are more then willing to answer any questions you have. Only mild complaint is There were some days I couldn’t get as early as an appointment as I needed but 90% of the time it was the earliest slot
Not sure because my insurance covered 100% after I met my yearly OPL which was only 1,100
He presented us with stats and left it up to us to deside. We chose to transfer 2

2012 - 2014
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Karande had told me my chances of success were high because I was so young yet he never gave me an actual reason why I was infertile. He didn't do anything before jumping right Into IVF... During each ultrasound he would say I had a little Endo but no big deal in fact he said "the best way to cure Endo is to get pregnant"....I have stage 4 Endo that was attached to both ovaries...Get a second opinion before you go just to be sure he isn't missing anything.
2012 - 2014
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Karande had told me my chances of success were high because I was so young yet he never gave me an actual reason why I was infertile. He didn't do anything before jumping right Into IVF which I now realize was because my insurance would pay Boohoo bucks for it! During each ultrasound he would say I had a little Endo but no big deal in fact he said "the best way to cure Endo is to get pregnant". After I aged off my parent's insurance I had to stop IVF. 4 transfers still no live baby :(...Fast forward a year later and I had exteme pain. I went to a regular gyno who did a lap and I have stage 4 Endo that was attached to both ovaries. That dr and the next Endo dr I went to said I never would should have done IVF without cleaning the Endo out first. It was so bad I apparently had little chance for success. So Dr. Karande wasted my little time that I had on my dad's great insurance and let me do all those cycles only to have my heart broken. Oh and when I wasn't getting pregnant he said to me "well I know its not my clinic because everyone else has been getting pregnant this year"...ummm??
Get a second opinion before you go just to be sure he isn't missing anything.
When I finally got my BFP I was over the moon. I made it to beta #2 with strong numbers then lost the pregnancy. My RE said to me as I cried and asked why "these things just happen". It felt cold and as someone who was grieving their baby, as well as paying a lot of money for him I wanted a reason.
For My IVF cycles I used small doses of lupron, follistem, monupur, gonral x(I think that's the name) and I can't remember the HCG trigger I used. The Follistem was the easiest to administer. I took Crinone progesterone suppositories each cycle. After a retrieval I had doxycycln to help stop any infections.
I loved the nursing staff. They were all kind and knew my name as soon as i walked in the door. They were quick to answer questions and send an email back.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The clinic itself was nice and a fun environment. The staff were always kind and compassionate.
My insurance covered almost all of it but it was pricey! However the clinic is more towards the city so that's to be expected.
He said single was better because of my little size but after the first one didn't work he allowed me to try 2.

2010 - 2018
IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr. Karande worked with us through every condition my wife had and gave us many options to try and always explained everything in great detail. We truly appreciated his recommendations. ... We were patients for a long time almost 8 years and we felt as if we truly knew him like a friend. We had many successful pregnancies but some of them just didn't last and we knew that wasn't his fault. He adjusted our process many times and always came up with new options to help us.
2010 - 2018
IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr. Karande was always very thorough. We were patients for a long time almost 8 years and we felt as if we truly knew him like a friend. We had many successful pregnancies but some of them just didn't last and we knew that wasn't his fault. He adjusted our process many times and always came up with new options to help us. We have one daughter and in a week are about to welcome our second child a boy. We couldn't have done it without his help!
I would say don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand. He is extremely knowledgeable and after working with him for a little bit we understand exactly what he was doing and how he wanted us to get pregnant. I appreciated him getting right to the point and managing our expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at InVia Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
We were lucky to have many great nurses. Kim was the one consistent nurse throughout our 7 years. She treated us like family and even up to the day we left we felt like she was totally a part of the journey with us. They have many great nurses and members of their staff but Kim was with us the entire time.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is extremely organized, clean and everyone was extremely helpful. It was easy to get to, comfortable waiting rooms and overall just felt like a great environment. I would highly recommend this clinic.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I had to wait 6 months after a partial molar pregnancy before going through IVF [with Dr. Vishvanath Karande], I suggested doing the retrievals during that time. Dr. Karande was on board...Dr. Karande was open about the process, explained every step and was supportive during my miscarriage. He was at multiple ultra sounds, checked in when he saw me, even if I was just doing blood work, and performed every procedure himself. I felt comfortable with him and his staff and completed supported the year I was in his care.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Karande took time to meet with me numerous times to discuss the process and next steps.
I had to wait 6 months after a partial molar pregnancy before going through IVF, I suggested doing the retrievals during that time. Dr. Karande was on board. I was on clomid and 1 HCG trigger for my IUI's. I used menopur and follistrom and added gonal-f for both retrievals. I then was on Estrace and progesterone suppositories (3months) as well as progesterone injections (1 month) during the transfer/IVF.
Everyone of the nurses I worked with was passionate about their job, invested in my care, and super easy to work with. I was very impressed with all of the staff.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
I was always seen in a timely manner. I had 2 places that were convenient for me to attend, and the staff worked well which facility I needed each time. The receptionists were personable, the nurses were all outgoing and remembered you, and everyone explained everything I needed to know. I was very pleased with the overall facility and all the individuals.
Dr. Karande said he would only transfer 1 single embryo as mine was PGS tested.

3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
After the first miscarriage, my wife and I have been trying for 1.5 years without successful. Then we was referred to Dr. Karande by our Obgyn. And thanks to their efforts and expertise (and the super helpful patient portal) helped us through the craziness of 3 IUIs and then 2 IVFs. We are expecting in May 11th. Thanks Dr. Karande and Invia Fertility staff. We are very grateful to you.
They are available all the time, even late evening to get back to our questions
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
The patient portal is really good, all the communication happens there help both of us know what is going on. Making appointment is also super easy. The staff answers our questions/voicemail within 4-6 hours, day or night.

2011 - 2015
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
He does not have a very good bedside manner, but is technically very good and my treatment resulted in pregnancy... He never remembered any details about me...
2011 - 2015
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
He does not have a very good bedside manner, but is technically very good and my treatment resulted in pregnancy, which is ultimately what mattered most to me.
Keep in mind that he is not warm and fuzzy, but will give you the best shot at getting pregnant.
He never remembered any details about me, even that I had a live birth as a result of IVF from his clinic.
They are all fantastic, returning messages promptly and answering my many questions thoroughly while making me feel cared for. I cannot say enough.

2012 - 2015
7 Eggs Frozen
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He is all about getting you pregnant. He is to the point. No hand holding and sometimes hard to understand.
2012 - 2015
7 Eggs Frozen
IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He is to the point . no hand holding and sometimes hard to understand. BUT he cares soo much he wants the end result. He lights up when he sees his final result. I want a great doctor who knows what hes doing .. I dont want my hand held I want the actual truth
Go to him with an open mind. He makes sure he logs EVERYTHING in the computer as he talks to you. he does have an accent. He does great work with the procedures.
He is all about getting you pregnant. His staffbis amazing n so is his partner
You see them everytime u go in .. They have seen me at my greatest time n my worst n have always seemed 19th o care

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr [Vishvanath] Karande was straight to the point and very informative. The date my transfer was set was not on a day he was going to be in the location I was having the transfer but he made it to my appointment and did my transfer and I appreciate that so much...1mg estrogen pills twice a day. 1 progesterone in oil injection a day. Suppositories 3 times a day...all amazing. Never felt like a number...
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr Karande was straight to the point and very informative. The date my transfer was set was not on a day he was going to be in the location I was having the transfer but he made it to my appointment and did my transfer and I appreciate that so much.
Trust your doctor. Know you questions beforehand. Follow your protocol and have faith.
I live a couple hours from the clinic. They were always reasonable with the time they needed me there and the staff and doctors were all amazing. Never felt like a number.
Great and quick. I was always in and out for bloodwork. They were always happy and fun to be around.
Describe your experience with InVia Fertility Specialists.
Strength: Invia has a great statistical rate of getting women babies. It’s a great clinic with great people who have done this more than thousands of times. Trust in the protocol and doctors and nurses. Weakness: none
Manageable.
What specific things went wrong at InVia Fertility Specialists?