Neway Medical

Medical SchoolTel Aviv U.
ResidencyUMDNJ
FellowshipEmory
123 W. 79th St
212-750-3330
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Vitaly Kushnir to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Neway Medical to a friend?
I underwent four IUIs and one IVF with Dr. Kushnir. ... Dr. Kushnir was always very nice and happy to explain things, answer any question. What I appreciated the most is that he always answered my emails very quickly. ... Dr. Kushnir did say that I may need to undergo multiple IVFs to increase my chances of achieving a positive result, and this was financially very difficult.
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
The experience was good, no complaints. I just felt at some point that research may have been super or even more important than individual cases but this could be just a hunch from someone struggling with diminished ovarian reserve...
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
You'll get a lot of data, information on the latest research and a logical explanation to every treatment step.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Describe the protocols Vitaly Kushnir used in your cycles at Center for Human Reproduction and their degree of success.
I underwent four IUIs and one IVF with Dr. Kushnir. The IUIs were with injectable medication and the IVF a conventional, also with injectables. Nothing out of the ordinary. Dr. Kushnir did say that I may need to undergo multiple IVFs to increase my chances of achieving a positive result, and this was financially very difficult. The clinic's costs also increased over the years.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Human Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
All were excellent.
Describe your experience with Center for Human Reproduction.
The clinic is very research oriented, which could be great but may not be everyone's cup of tea. They've had excellent published results with patients with low ovarian reserve, which is why I went to them, however, I guess I felt that they needed to collect more data about my case through multiple IVFs (which I completely understand) and I just couldn't cope financially at one point.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Human Reproduction.
Monitoring was only available in the early morning hours. Sometimes it was crowded, sometimes it wasn't. The clinic is not huge neither is the waiting room, but it rarely happened that there was an extended wait. I would usually be in and out within 1hr. It was not great for my schedule but totally doable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction.
The IUI injectables were covered by my insurance initially but nobody had explained that this would be deducted from a lifetime limited amount. By the time I graduated to IVF, there was no insurance coverage for the medications and I had to pay out of pocket. That was a completely unexpected expense. The IVF itself was covered, also from a limited lifetime amount, but after the first IVF I decided to leave the clinic because of the funding issues and also because I felt my concerns about possible endometriosis were not being taken seriously.
Describe Vitaly Kushnir's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Human Reproduction.
We never got a transfer but the suggestion was a fresh 3-day multiple embryo transfer.
Center for Human Reproduction

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction.

2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Kushnir knows his patients and knows his cases. He knows you when he sees you and knows where you are in your care. I give him a lot of credit for that. ... We always transferred multiple because of my age. ... He is always available to answer questions and is very responsive. He is very patient and you can tell he hopes the best for his patients. He may not be the most warm and compassionate doctor I’ve ever known but I exchanged that happily for someone I trusted and someone I knew was doing his all.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Dr. Kushnir is very knowledge and very willing to share that knowledge. He is always available to answer questions and is very responsive. He is very patient and you can tell he hopes the best for his patients. He may not be the most warm and compassionate doctor I’ve ever known but I exchanged that happily for someone I trusted and someone I knew was doing his all.
Ask all your questions. He’s a wealth of information.
I was 46 when I went to see Dr. Kushnir. There was truly almost no chance of me getting pregnant so the specifics of my treatment are not that important. We did max dose with early retrievals as it is believed at this clinic that eggs mature better in the lab than in the body of an older woman.
Terrible experience. Not helpful. Would only answer the exact question you ask without offering any additional information. I could not depend on that at all. I missed cycles because she didn’t call in meds or get pre-authorizations in time. She caused me a lot of stress.
Describe your experience with Center for Human Reproduction.
I recommend the doctors but you have to be careful about which nurse you get. Other patients told me they received tons of information from their nurse coordinator where I had received none. I was never quite sure what was going on or what to expect next. The billing department is on top of things. Very thorough. It’s a small shop so people get to know you which I really liked.
It was very efficient and given it was a small clinic, it was only ever a handful of people. Monitoring hours, however, would depend on which doctor was on call which could make things difficult in terms of getting to work on time because one particular doctor would start a little on the late side.
An IUI was $1650. the IVF was roughly $15000. There were different prices for different salary levels which I really appreciated. What I DID NOT APPRECIATE was that I learned CHR charges something called “medical management” which is not a real thing. You can’t submit that to your insurance so you pay it out of pocket. Each IUI had $900 worth of “medical management”!! Although I didnt want to leave, I switched to NYU who charged only $500 per IUI without any suspect “medical management” costs. The “medical management” cost for donor egg is almost $5,000!!
We always transferred multiple because of my age.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Human Reproduction?
Center for Human Reproduction

I went to Dr. Kushnir after another doctor recommended egg donation and wouldn't let me try with my own eggs. Dr. Kushnir explained that the odds of getting pregnant with my own eggs were low given my low AMH, but told us that he was willing to help us if we wanted to go that route. We had 2 IVF cycles, back to back, and I got pregnant in the second cycle.... We had an early retrieval in the first cycle, but he went even earlier in the second, when the lead follicle was 16 mm. With this adjustment, we got more eggs and better-quality embryos than in the first cycle, one of which resulted in a pregnancy
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
I went to Dr. Kushnir after another doctor recommended egg donation and wouldn't let me try with my own eggs. Dr. Kushnir explained that the odds of getting pregnant with my own eggs were low given my low AMH, but told us that he was willing to help us if we wanted to go that route. We had 2 IVF cycles, back to back, and I got pregnant in the second cycle. He said during the follow-up conversation we had after the first one didn't result in a pregnancy that our case was reviewed by everyone at the center, and he adjusted the protocol and timing based on the discussion. We had an early retrieval in the first cycle, but he went even earlier in the second, when the lead follicle was 16 mm. With this adjustment, we got more eggs and better-quality embryos than in the first cycle, one of which resulted in a pregnancy. Throughout all this, Dr. Kushnir explained everything in detail, and we appreciated that he shared the reasoning behind the approaches he was recommending, instead of just telling us what to do.
Dr. Kushnir spent nearly an hour for our consultation, while other doctors almost immediately dismissed us as too old to even try with our own eggs. After taking detailed history on us and reviewing test results, he laid out what we would be up against, told us that we'd be far more likely to succeed with donor eggs (which we knew), but was willing to do what he can to help us have our own biological child. He also responded to our innumerable questions via email during my treatment cycle.
I already wrote about this in response to an earlier question, but here's what we had: DHEA and CoQ10 for about 2 months (to prepare my ovaries). During that time, they were monitoring a number of hormone levels that I can't fully recall, in order to ensure that the effects of these supplements were in place before we started our cycles. We also didn't take a break after the first cycle failed, at his recommendation. We used high doses of FSH and HMG, and hCG for trigger after 7 days for the 2nd cycle (the successful one) when the lead follicle was 16mm. Dr. Kushnir said the reasoning behind this early retrieval was to keep my eggs from getting "overripe" because my ovaries were maturing eggs in an accelerated pace, which he said is typical for women with low reserve.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Human Reproduction.
I was actually transferred to a second nurse after the first nurse left the center. Both were good, very efficient and clear, but I definitely jelled better with my second nurse, who was more openly compassionate than my first nurse. It's a matter of preference, though--both did a perfectly fine job explaining everything to me (I asked a lot of questions because this was my first time going through IVF, and I like to know everything), organizing the logistics and keeping me updated about results and what not.
Describe your experience with Center for Human Reproduction.
Strengths: They really seem to believe that patients should be the one to make their own life decisions with full information, which we appreciated. Lots of research going on at the center, which seems to result in strategies that don't exist at other IVF centers, like the early retrieval protocol we used. It's a small, private center. We felt like we knew everyone and everyone greeted us with our names, which felt great during this difficult time. Weaknesses: They take very few insurances. Ours (BCBS) wasn't in network. They also require full payment upfront. Sometimes I had to play phone tag with their staff (nurses and front desk), though most things could be handled through email.
It would have been great if the monitoring hours were a bit earlier.
Around $18,000 per IVF cycle plus $2,500 for medications.
They don't believe in universal eSET, and let us decide what to do. We went with multiple embryos, as we were fine with twins and wanted to maximize our chances.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Human Reproduction?
Center for Human Reproduction

Dr. Kushnir is technical and specific about your individual care. He explains things logically and answers all of my questions completely. I felt like he had a real plan for me from the start and wasn't making things up as we went along, which is how I felt a lot of the time with other physicians.... Dr. Kushnir gave us alternate plans and helped guide us on which one was best for us based on our medical conditions. He was straightforward, but kind and flexible. He was always available via email and easy to approach.
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Ask questions! He will always answer them.
I don't know what the protocol was called but I was placed on Gonal-F and Menopur once a day, each and 2mg of Estradiol daily. They wanted to give me a high stim protocol to see how I'd respond given my low ovarian reserve. We're still actively engaged in the protocol, so I'm not sure about the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Human Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Huina)
Huina is by far the best nursing coordinator I've met and I've been to several clinics. She's organized, anticipates my needs, makes my life easier and communicates often and well.
Describe your experience with Center for Human Reproduction.
CHR is a great clinic. They are organized, well staffed and easy to work with. Their monitoring hours need to be earlier though, they are from 8:30-11am which is too late for me because of work. So that makes it hard. Everything else has been great.
so far Dr Vitaly has attempted to either get our insurance to cover our costs or lower his out of pocket prices
Center for Human Reproduction

Dr. Kushnir is a very compassionate person who clearly understands the patient's individual needs and makes you feel very comfortable. Convinced me that I don't need donor's eggs unlike other doctors I consulted with...Thoroughly explained what my issues were, and assured that I still have a chance to get pregnant with my own eggs. Very good on following up...450 IU of Gonal 150 IU of Menopur Early retrieval
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Everything is great as it is
450 IU of Gonal 150 IU of Menopur Early retrieval
Very good on coordinating and follow up
Describe your experience with Center for Human Reproduction.
Latest technologies, friendly approach. Extremely coordinated and make you feel comfortable. Every procedure is done on premises. Professional staff and quick to get an appointment. I highly recommend.
$50 copay for appointment Around $20,000 for a fresh IVF cycle
Single embryo
Center for Human Reproduction

Dr Kushnir always smiled at me and spoke to me in a personal manner. He remembered every question I had asked in between visits and always made direct eye contact... First we did a round of Clomid because i was more comfortable with it and did not want an abundance of embryos then we did 2 full ivf cycles using follistim and menapur. We also used ICSI
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Although my cycles were not successful being with this clinic was like being surrounded by family. I felt safe and cared about. It turned out that I had endometridis and needed antibiotics before i could do another cycle but i would choose this clinic again
Trust him he knows what he's doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Human Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Dorota)
Dorota was amazing. She became my best friend thru all of this and even answered my questions after
Definitely agreed with the multiple transfers and knew the risks of multiples.