9.7

Fountain Valley
11160 Warner Ave
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
714.513.1399

Dr. Kushnir knows his patients and knows his cases. He knows you when he sees you and knows where you are in your care. I give him a lot of credit for that. ... We always transferred multiple because of my age. ... He is always available to answer questions and is very responsive. He is very patient and you can tell he hopes the best for his patients. He may not be the most warm and compassionate doctor I’ve ever known but I exchanged that happily for someone I trusted and someone I knew was doing his all.
The billing department is on top of things. ... There were different prices for different salary levels which I really appreciated. What I DID NOT APPRECIATE was that I learned CHR charges something called “medical management” which is not a real thing. You can’t submit that to your insurance ... Everything that went wrong for me was in the hands of my nurse coordinator. ... It’s a small shop so people get to know you which I really liked. ... Monitoring hours, however, would depend on which doctor was on call which could make things difficult in terms of getting to work on time because one particular doctor would start a little on the late side.
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Dr. Kushnir is very knowledge and very willing to share that knowledge. He is always available to answer questions and is very responsive. He is very patient and you can tell he hopes the best for his patients. He may not be the most warm and compassionate doctor I’ve ever known but I exchanged that happily for someone I trusted and someone I knew was doing his all.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Ask all your questions. He’s a wealth of information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Describe the protocols Vitaly Kushnir used in your cycles at Center for Human Reproduction and their degree of success.
I was 46 when I went to see Dr. Kushnir. There was truly almost no chance of me getting pregnant so the specifics of my treatment are not that important. We did max dose with early retrievals as it is believed at this clinic that eggs mature better in the lab than in the body of an older woman.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Human Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Maria)
Terrible experience. Not helpful. Would only answer the exact question you ask without offering any additional information. I could not depend on that at all. I missed cycles because she didn’t call in meds or get pre-authorizations in time. She caused me a lot of stress.
Describe your experience with Center for Human Reproduction.
I recommend the doctors but you have to be careful about which nurse you get. Other patients told me they received tons of information from their nurse coordinator where I had received none. I was never quite sure what was going on or what to expect next. The billing department is on top of things. Very thorough. It’s a small shop so people get to know you which I really liked.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Human Reproduction.
It was very efficient and given it was a small clinic, it was only ever a handful of people. Monitoring hours, however, would depend on which doctor was on call which could make things difficult in terms of getting to work on time because one particular doctor would start a little on the late side.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction.
An IUI was $1650. the IVF was roughly $15000. There were different prices for different salary levels which I really appreciated. What I DID NOT APPRECIATE was that I learned CHR charges something called “medical management” which is not a real thing. You can’t submit that to your insurance so you pay it out of pocket. Each IUI had $900 worth of “medical management”!! Although I didnt want to leave, I switched to NYU who charged only $500 per IUI without any suspect “medical management” costs. The “medical management” cost for donor egg is almost $5,000!!
Describe Vitaly Kushnir's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Human Reproduction.
We always transferred multiple because of my age.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Human Reproduction?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Human Reproduction.
Everything that went wrong for me was in the hands of my nurse coordinator. I am sure it would have been a different story if I had someone else.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I underwent four IUIs and one IVF with Dr. Kushnir. ... Dr. Kushnir was always very nice and happy to explain things, answer any question. What I appreciated the most is that he always answered my emails very quickly. ... Dr. Kushnir did say that I may need to undergo multiple IVFs to increase my chances of achieving a positive result, and this was financially very difficult.
The clinic [Center for Human Reproduction] is very research oriented, which could be great but may not be everyone's cup of tea. They've had excellent published results with patients with low ovarian reserve, which is why I went to them, however, I guess I felt that they needed to collect more data about my case through multiple IVFs (which I completely understand) and I just couldn't cope financially at one point.
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
The experience was good, no complaints. I just felt at some point that research may have been super or even more important than individual cases but this could be just a hunch from someone struggling with diminished ovarian reserve...
You'll get a lot of data, information on the latest research and a logical explanation to every treatment step.
I underwent four IUIs and one IVF with Dr. Kushnir. The IUIs were with injectable medication and the IVF a conventional, also with injectables. Nothing out of the ordinary. Dr. Kushnir did say that I may need to undergo multiple IVFs to increase my chances of achieving a positive result, and this was financially very difficult. The clinic's costs also increased over the years.
All were excellent.
Describe your experience with Center for Human Reproduction.
The clinic is very research oriented, which could be great but may not be everyone's cup of tea. They've had excellent published results with patients with low ovarian reserve, which is why I went to them, however, I guess I felt that they needed to collect more data about my case through multiple IVFs (which I completely understand) and I just couldn't cope financially at one point.
Monitoring was only available in the early morning hours. Sometimes it was crowded, sometimes it wasn't. The clinic is not huge neither is the waiting room, but it rarely happened that there was an extended wait. I would usually be in and out within 1hr. It was not great for my schedule but totally doable.
The IUI injectables were covered by my insurance initially but nobody had explained that this would be deducted from a lifetime limited amount. By the time I graduated to IVF, there was no insurance coverage for the medications and I had to pay out of pocket. That was a completely unexpected expense. The IVF itself was covered, also from a limited lifetime amount, but after the first IVF I decided to leave the clinic because of the funding issues and also because I felt my concerns about possible endometriosis were not being taken seriously.
We never got a transfer but the suggestion was a fresh 3-day multiple embryo transfer.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Kushnir is technical and specific about your individual care. He explains things logically and answers all of my questions completely. I felt like he had a real plan for me from the start and wasn't making things up as we went along, which is how I felt a lot of the time with other physicians.... Dr. Kushnir gave us alternate plans and helped guide us on which one was best for us based on our medical conditions. He was straightforward, but kind and flexible. He was always available via email and easy to approach.
CHR is a great clinic. They are organized, well staffed and easy to work with. Their monitoring hours need to be earlier though, they are from 8:30-11am which is too late for me because of work. So that makes it hard. Everything else has been great.... Huina is by far the best nursing coordinator I've met and I've been to several clinics. She's organized, anticipates my needs, makes my life easier and communicates often and well.
How was your experience with Vitaly Kushnir at Center for Human Reproduction?
Ask questions! He will always answer them.
I don't know what the protocol was called but I was placed on Gonal-F and Menopur once a day, each and 2mg of Estradiol daily. They wanted to give me a high stim protocol to see how I'd respond given my low ovarian reserve. We're still actively engaged in the protocol, so I'm not sure about the results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Human Reproduction. (Assigned nurse: Huina)
Describe your experience with Center for Human Reproduction.
so far Dr Vitaly has attempted to either get our insurance to cover our costs or lower his out of pocket prices