Nurse available by email
ResidencyU of California in San Francisco
FellowshipKeck School of Medicine
6565 France Avenue South
Edina, MN 55435
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wael Salem to a friend?

4.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Minneapolis to a friend?
Dr. Salem has been very compassionate and great at communicating. He is the only doctor on staff right now while the other is out on maternity leave but he still took the time to call with updates and give us next steps. Everyone at the clinic has been wonderful and caring and patient with all the questions we’ve had throughout the process...really makes you feel like he wants to help, you’re not just a number...Due to my husbands abnormal sperm sample and the fact that we had tried other approaches prior to going to CCRM, Dr. Salem thought our most efficient and best option would be IVF since my tests showed normal results. We are currently in the transfer prepping phase of the cycle.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask as many questions as you want. He’s extreme patient and kind and really makes you feel like he wants to help, you’re not just a number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
He has been absolutely wonderful. He gives us the facts but in a way that is caring and assured that we’re going to get through it in a positive way. He’s very optimistic and we trust him.
Describe the protocols Wael Salem used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Angie )
Every nurse I have worked with at the clinic has been nothing short of awesome. Any questions that have come up have been answered quickly and thoroughly. Everyone is extremely patient and caring. Even though going through this type of treatment is something no one wants, they have made it so much less painful to have to go into the doctor so many times for checks.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic and staff are always great. The appointment times are accurate, you’re never left waiting for too long, unlike a lot of doctor’s offices. Everyone there is always willing to answer questions to find the answers for you quickly. They never make you feel like an inconvenience. The only weakness I would say is Dr. Salem is flying solo right now which makes the schedule fill up very fast. I’m sure that will change when the other doctor returns.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.
So far the costs have been surprisingly minimal through our insurance. I do wish we could have gotten a better estimate up front on what the cost of the entire cycle was going to be including medications.
Describe Wael Salem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
My doctor does the single embryo approach. When I asked about doing multiples to possibly have a better shot, he explained the benefits for the mother and child if only one is transferred and that made me feel better about the approach and care for myself after getting pregnant.
Edina

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.

Dr. Salem was kind, real, and thoughtful. He communicated effectively and we never felt talked down to nor did we feel like he was looking as us as numbers or a bank account. He asked us questions and clearly had looked over our information prior to the appointment.... We had a consult with Dr. Salem in January. We chose to keep trying naturally for a few more months. We will now be going back to begin IUI.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask questions. He is very open and approachable.
We went to Dr. Salem after having a negative experience at another clinic. He was wonderful. He sat down with us to discuss our test results, our lifestyle and habits, and our options. He treated us as individuals and ensured that we were a team making a decision rather than a doctor making a decision for us.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
It was very easy to get set up and we were able to get in pretty quickly. The online set up was a little confusing as there were two different emails with conflicting information, but we got it figured out. The new patient info was easy to fill out online. It was long, but I felt that was good as it helped the doctor personalize our care. Everything else was fine, nothing remarkable either good or bad.
Our consult was around $200. They only work with one insurance company. but they do send you the detailed bill to send into your insurance for reimbursement if your insurance covers it (ours doesn't).
Edina

Wael has a way of speaking to me with empathy and not sympathy. He took the time to not just ask us about our struggles with infertility but also for our plans. ...I would prefer to have a female doctor through my experience for more compassion. But he took the time to get to know me and my partner on a personal level as well as being blunt about some situations which i appreciated in the end.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
As a new patient, I saw Wael and thought I would prefer to have a female doctor through my experience for more compassion. But he took the time to get to know me and my partner on a personal level as well as being blunt about some situations which i appreciated in the end. He always greeted us and learned our names quickly to build that trust. His way of speaking would have us focused on our goal but also distract us from now stressing too much as we get there.
One advice is ASK QUESTIONS. He is open to many questions so don't be shy
Wael has a way of speaking to me with empathy and not sympathy. He took the time to not just ask us about our struggles with infertility but also for our plans. And he did try to explain that one way or another, blood related or not, a baby in our home will always see us as Family because we would be raising her/him
The nursing staff greets everyone with a warm smile and even take the time to leave out goodies for patients like coffee and cookies. Weakness would be the waiting time, you're appointment can be at 10:00am and you wont be seen until 10-15min after that
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Clinic strength will be easy access as well as the amazing online portal that they have set for patients. As well as the parking being at a no cost for patients. Many places charge for parking and it's ridiculous. Weakness, nothing. Honestly
205 consultation fees, not sure what else.
We are not that far in

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Salem was very intelligent. He was compassionate and showed empathy for the experiences we had endured. He also discussed considerations that had not previously been discussed with us by our other doctors, such as cytotoxic c-section scars. He is fairly new to the Twin Cities, but does not lack experience or knowledge.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Even though he's male and new to the Twin Cities, he is knowledgeable and very compassionate.
Dr. Salem was very compassionate. I was hesitant to see a male for this topic, but he was very knowledgeable.
I have not had a lot of interaction with the nurses, as I am very new in the process with this clinic. Of the nurses I have interacted with, they've all been very kind.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
It's very organized. The clinic is modern and bright. There was a lot of paperwork - mostly completed online. Some of it seemed competitive between my husband and I. The website was a little confusing. I thought I had completed everything, but when I arrived at my appointment, I had missed something.
It was about $200 for the initial appointment. I think the cost for using donor eggs from their egg bank was approximately $20,000.