Medical SchoolAmerican U. Of Beirut
ResidencyHenry Ford Hosp
FellowshipStanford U.
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Walid Saleh to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of Texas to a friend?
I felt as if Dr. Saleh was able to listen to what we wanted, what we were concerned about and provide clear communication to us regarding the whole process of IVF. I never felt unsure about what was coming next. Although we didn’t have success with our first cycle, I am looking forward to having him see us through this again. I completely trust him as a professional. More than that, I feel like he genuinely cares about us.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Don’t feel silly asking questions. He will answer all of them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I felt like Dr. Saleh was caring and kind in all interactions with us. He understands the difficulty and struggles of infertility and helps you to feel like you are heard and all of your concerns are considered and addressed.
Describe the protocols Walid Saleh used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of Texas and their degree of success.
From what I remember, I started on 150 of Gonal-F and ramped up to 225 for the last few days of stims. I stimmed for 10 days prior to egg retrieval, using cetrotide 3 days before and HCG trigger shot 2 days prior. After the egg retrieval, I started on progesterone in oil and suppository until my embryo transfer and two weeks after. Throughout they cycle I was also taking a low dose steroid and I believe an antibiotic for part of the time. My protocol was very straight forward as our current diagnosis is male factor infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Everyone was very personable and knew us by name. It felt like we were part of their family!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
I think their strengths are helping patients feel like a person and not a number. It’s nice being at a clinic where you have one doctor and he comes to greet you in the waiting room if he’s available to. I did find some of the communication to be off on the day of the embryo transfer and the beta HCG testing day, but it was minor in the grand scheme of it all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas.
$9450 for the IVF cycle (monitoring, egg retrieval, embryo transfer). We did get a discount for being a health professional. $750 mock embryo transfer and ultrasound $500 anesthesiologist for egg retrieval
Describe Walid Saleh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of Texas.
We transferred two embryos, because unfortunately by day 5 that was all we had left. The others had stopped growing. I would again transfer two if I had the option.
Dallas

Overall, I have really liked Dr. Saleh. He's honest about what my future looks like as a patient and is contagiously hopeful. ... He does move kind of quickly and in the beginning I often felt like I left the appointment with tons of questions. ... He said he didn't like doing IUI with injectables because it increases the chance of multiples and he likes to avoid that increased chance.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I really like Dr. Saleh. He's very nice. My husband is currently in medical school and he jokes with my husband every time we are there. He is always happy and energetic and hopeful about my future as a patient. He does move kind of quickly and in the beginning I often felt like I left the appointment with tons of questions. Even in an appointment, he is in and out super fast. It isn't that he doesn't want to answer our questions, because when I ask questions he is always gives willing and helpful answers. Our first consultation was great because he drew out what I should expect on a piece of paper and I still refer to it sometimes. Overall, I have really liked Dr. Saleh. He's honest about what my future looks like as a patient and is contagiously hopeful.
If you are a person like me that loves questions, write down your questions and before Dr. Saleh or the nurses get started, ask them.
I felt like every time I went to the clinic the nurses and Dr. Saleh celebrated the little achievements with me. Whether it was good thickness of lining or my body was responding well to clomid, they always were hopeful, excited, and happy about those results. Even when I received negative tests, the nurses just encouraged me to continue having hope because we weren't out of options yet.
At our consultation, Dr. Saleh said that there were different places to start; clomid alone, clomid with iui, iui with injectables, then ivf. The higher you go on that scale the more expensive and more invasive the protocol. He said he didn't like doing IUI with injectables because it increases the chance of multiples and he likes to avoid that increased chance. So my husband and I decided that we would do IUI with clomid. I was on 5 pills of 50 mg of clomid starting on day 5 of my cycle, ultrasound at day 13 (because my eggs were slower to mature), and then IUI around day 14. He would have me trigger and then 24 hours or less later he would do the IUI. I asked why he didn't do the IUI after 36 hours, cause I had heard mixed reviews online, he said he wanted the sperm to be there when the egg was released. So far, the past two IUIs have been unsuccessful, and currently waiting for the results for number 3.
I love the nursing staff. Heather is the nurse I have seen more and she is just wonderful! She's always positive and super helpful. She's very good at answering all of my questions and helping out with my worries. If I ever call back with other answers, she never dismisses them or me. She always answers everything I ask with compassion and thoughtfulness. She's great! Lisa was also great when we saw her, but like I said, we haven't had much contact with her.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
Strengths are the staff. They are wonderful! They're the whole reason we are going to that clinic. Even the receptionists are sweet and lovable. The clinic is in an older hospital, so it's pretty old looking too. I wouldn't have thought much about it, but the clinic my sister goes to and others I have seen are spa-like and beautiful, which is quite different than this clinic. Wait time has definitely been a weakness in our eyes. Sometimes we get to the clinic and they take us back right away, and sometimes we wait a really long time. The other day we waited for almost an hour after our scheduled appointment time to go back to our ultrasound appointment! I don't know if it is just us or if that is the norm at fertility clinics, but it seems like an insane amount of time to wait.
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas.

Dr. Saleh is kind, insightful, knowledgeable, respectful and he gives you hope... hope is the most important thing in this process. Dr. Saleh has shown me that compassion is not an unattainable expectation and he treats me like a person and not a check list...the tests have shown that we will need an egg donor, so we're still at the beginning stages of this particular journey. She has gone for basic and genetic testing and our next steps are meds and retrieval.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Be open. Dr. Saleh has great advice and a kind tone. He believes un possibilities and, in a situation such as infertility where it can be a long, hard road, he allows you to see the light at the end of, what could be, a very long tunnel.
Dr. Saleh is the 3rd and best Doctor I've seen over these 6 years of unexplained infertility , then an warly menopause diagnosis and all the emotions and heartache woven into all that, this office has shown more care and understanding and genuine help than the others by far
Dr. Saleh is our 3rd Infertility Specialist and the tests have shown that we will need an egg donor, so we're still at the beginning stages of this particular journey. She has gone for basic and genetic testing and our next steps are meds and retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Heather Jackson )
Very knowledgeable, professional and helpful. Very understanding and really on top of everything and can answer all of my panicky questions! Very nice to be with this team
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
I think SHER DALLAS is the best clinic you'd be lucky to find. I feel some of the clinics strengths are that they know what they're talking about! They are knowledgeable on current procedures and know your concerns before you ask. They are abreast of a wealth of information and everyone is very kind. The only weakness that I think this clinic poses is the looks of the office.. I think it could be more comfortable and less stark. Beyond that, SHER is a great facility
I think Fertility treatments are extremely overpriced and unattainable for most who desperately want it, so with that being considered, it is as affordable as it can be and they're great about billing in a way that's convenient for both parties
Yes, I was told that, with my particular situation, we would mist likely opt for multiple (2) embryo transfer
Dallas

We decided to see Dr Saleh after recommendations from several friends. The RE we had been seeing prior to Dr Saleh was not always available and I felt like a number in their practice. Dr Saleh is an excellent doctor - he listens, is always available for questions. Dr Saleh does all ultrasounds and procedures himself vs having sonographers and nurses - I really feel this helps with the quality of care and providing the best protocol. We are so pleased with Dr Saleh - we are in the middle of our first IVF cycle and are optmistic that we will have a baby.
Ask questions
Dr Saleh has been extremely honest and compassionate with his recommended treatment and care. He is always available to answer questions via an appointment, email or phone call.
We are in the middle of our first IVF cycle. I am 40 and have been trying to get pregnant for several years. Dr Saleh suspected I have an egg quality issue. We did a cycle with Lupron, Gonal F and menopur. After retrieval and ISCI fertilization of 12 eggs, we had 8 make it to blast. We also did PGS screening; we have one good embryo and are optimistic for our frozen transfer in a few weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas.
Lisa is a great nurse. She has been available for phone consultations, meetings and also always answers questions via email. She is very organized and has done a great job communicating to me changes in protocol, etc.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
I really love this clinic. I feel like a patient they care about and that they are very vested in me getting pregnant. The 1:1 patient care received here vs other clinics in Dallas is amazing.
We did a multi cycle plan with Attain
We only have one to transfer
Dallas

We love Dr. Saleh! I don't believe we could have picked a better Dr. in our area. Well sorta our area, we drive 4 hours to see him, defiantly worth it. Great bedside manor. Put it this way, this past November I happen to be ovulating on Thanksgiving, I took the month off so he could have family time. This is how much I respect this man. He is amazing!!... We started off with ultra sound to check for cyst's around cycle day 3. then started clomid day 3 for 5 days. Once positive ovulation we went in for IUI the next day. Came in had the procedure, for me was cycle day 12 or 13. Then back for blood test in 12 days. After the negative results we would start over again, ultra sounds, clomid, Ovulation, IUI & then negative tests. We did this for 5 months.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I wish you luck & tons of baby dust!! You have came to the perfect Dr.
Ya'll I had a nurse sit on the phone with me after my 4th negative test and cry with me. These women are truly amazing!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
The clinic is in Medical city, so I parked in 1st paring garage off of Forest Ln. Get on the second flood in parking garage near the back, go up the first set of stairs to get out, and you are right at the C entry. Go strait in elevator to 6th ? ha I always forget if its 6th or 4th. Pretty sure 6th floor, then go to the left! Yes, we had a very hard time finding it at first. So here you go!!
Well, we're paying cash for all of our treatments. With that being said I am very appreciative of these prices. Ultra Sound $250ish IUI $500 includes Semen analysis, wash and the procedure. Trigger Shot (Walgreens) $350 HCG $35 I'm sure I'm missing something.
Dallas

Doctor Walid Saleh is very nice and gentle with his patient. He tried alot for me even though it didn't work out, he was hurt and disappointed. He treated me well and understood my Infertility problem... I used the Menopur, Gonal-F, PIO, Lupron. My Natural Killer cells were killing the hormones introduced to my body so Gonal-f was increased to the highest dose but my eggs only increased a bit.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Doctor Walid Saleh and his nurse Lisa Funari are the best you can ever ask for. They answer your questions when you call them and makes you understand you are not alone. I refer to them as miracles of God and will go back to them in my next cycle. Remember no one is perfect and God has the final say.
Be sure to tell him everything and he will map out and explain where you are and what needs to be done. He is the best doctor in DFW area.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Funari)
She is very hardworking nurse. Calls me all the time to check how am doing. Tells me to email her if a question arise no matter what the time is. Even though she knows am struggling to pay for the procedure, she held my hands and cry with me. Tell me we are in this together and that alone is enough for me. God bless you and your family Lisa Funari.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
Get to your appointment on time and trust me no long wait as you will be attended to in a timely manner. The doctor himself will walk you to his office. He is very calm and well collected. Don't know about other nurses but ask for Lisa Funari who is the best you can come across. Overall their office is neat and cleaned environment
$10500 for IVF $3000 for meds $700 for NK(Cell Surface Ag)
Multiple embryo transfer was done for me.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
I appreciated Dr. Saleh' candor and honest assessment of my outcome... he tests first for issues that may impact the success of treatment rather than down the road. He has a cheerful disposition and I really appreciated only being seen by him at each appointment.... My protocol began 1 month prior to retrieval. The first five days, I took a prenatal, BCP, and baby aspirin. The next week, I added Lupron for 5 days and 5 units the last 2. No BCP for last 2 days also. For the next 4 days I added Cetrotide and had a baseline ultrasound and E2. The following 6 days, I added Estrace. The next 3 days I took Lovenox, prednisone and Gonal-F. The next 6 days I continued previous medications adding in Menopur. Day before retrieval, I only continued prednisone, prenatal, Cetrotide, and HCG. Retrieval day, I took prednisone, prenatal, E2V, and antibiotic. I also did acupuncture 3 months before retrieval and before retrieval and transfer. The goal was to allow me to produce as many quality eggs for my age group.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I appreciated Dr. Saleh' candor and honest assessment of my outcome. Unlike my previous RE, he tests first for issues that may impact the success of treatment rather than down the road. He has a cheerful disposition and I really appreciated only being seen by him at each appointment.
The waiting room environment could be improved, but you're in the right place.
I always met with Dr. Saleh only unlike with my initial RE. He did the ultrasounds personally and not a nurse. I felt like a person and not a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Assigned a nurse.)
Competent and quickly responded by email to my questions. I just wish they were more personable.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
Strengths: competent support staff, excellent doctor, great lab. Weaknesses: Decor could be updated.
Two fresh cycles with 2 egg retrievals and FETs unlimited during cycle, ultrasounds, monitoring, ISCI, and one year of storage was about $21,000 with cash discount. Cycles had to be used in 6 months. I also had a saline ultrasound and mock embryo transfer which was another $700. Medications separate.
No. Due to my age, I was given the option to transfer 2, 5 day embryos or one. It was completely up to me and Dr. Saleh went over the clinic's statistics with me before I made my decision. I never felt pressured to go one way or the other.
Dallas

I’m 40 with DOR. Dr. Saleh wanted to begin with an “aggressive protocol.” I stayed on stimulation medicine for about 16 days. Dr. Saleh was patient with my body’s response. Because of this he was able to retrieve more eggs than I expected... sat down with my husband and I several times to discuss the process, outcome, and next steps. He patiently described everything and did so with such positivity and compassion.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Dr. Saleh is extremely knowledgeable about the IVF process and has a true passion for his job. Through the ups and downs Dr. Saleh adjusted as needed and stayed positive. He has incredible bedside manner!
Dr. Saleh sat down with my husband and I several times to discuss the process, outcome, and next steps. He patiently described everything and did so with such positivity and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Heather Jackson)
Heather met with me and provided a calendar that clearly communicated the protocol. She went over the process in an easy to understand way. I emailed with questions and she ALWAYS answered in a timely manner. Many times within an hour or two and weekends. I’m not sure how Heather does it all. She made me feel like I was her only patient.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
From the doctor, nurses, protocol coordinator, insurance contact, to front desk, EVERYONE is nice and helpful. You feel like everyone has a genuine interest in helping you create a family. No matter who my contact was for different types of questions, it was always answered quickly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility of Texas.
All monitoring appointments had to be made before noon. The majority of the time, appointments were exactly on schedule. He ran about 15 min late once and profusely apologized.
Dallas

Dr. Saleh clearly knows what he is doing; there was never a time when his office wasn’t full, and I talked to several patients who had traveled from out of state to see him! At every appointment, he would make sure to take the time to talk us through our options and next steps. He was positive and encouraging and never doubted we could get pregnant.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
His office is always crowded so sometimes there is a wait to see him.
During our miscarriage and when I was on bedrest for our pregnancy, both Dr. Saleh and his staff called me multiple times to check on me. He was always encouraging and positive, and his staff were amazing at returning any calls or emails I had promptly.
Clomid did not work for me, so after an unsuccessful round with him (and two with my OBGYN), Dr. Saleh put us on Femara with an injection when I was about to ovulate. I had to come in several times a cycle to make sure the medication was working and that the eggs were ready.
Dr. Saleh’s staff was amazing. They were always efficient, compassionate, and understanding. They returned my calls within the day and they called to check up on me when they knew I was struggling.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
The clinic and staff are very organized but very busy. Be prepared for a crowded waiting room and not always being seen on time. There was one time I waited almost an hour to see the doctor. The clinic itself is clean and inviting.
Every time I went in for a sonogram (which was done almost every appointment), it was over $200.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Saleh did not ever seem in a rush to get to the next patient and was always thorough in answering questions. He personally called me when I got the diagnosis of Diminished Ovarian Reserve and was realistic about the prognosis while staying very positive...always extremely quick to personally return emails and phone calls...He was so thorough in his explanation of fertility issues and has such a warm demeanor and positive outlook.
1 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I am so glad we found Dr. Saleh and went to him before any other doctors. My insurance actually would give us more coverage to go to a different doctor but after meeting Dr. Saleh we just had a gut feeling he was right. He was so thorough in his explanation of fertility issues and has such a warm demeanor and positive outlook.
The actual office setting is pretty dated and dark...but don't let that deter you.
Dr. Saleh did not ever seem in a rush to get to the next patient and was always thorough in answering questions. He personally called me when I got the diagnosis of Diminished Ovarian Reserve and was realistic about the prognosis while staying very positive. He and Nurse Heather were always extremely quick to personally return emails and phone calls.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
The actual clinic is pretty dated and the waiting room is very dark. But that does not align with the quality of care you will get. You will typically interact with either Dr. Saleh, an RN and nurses that take your blood.
Everything was covered by my insurance except for co-pays.

2016 - 2019
Dr Saleh is a hidden gem. Our diagnosis was male factor only, he gave me a protocol that aimed to prevent me from over stimulated. He followed me and my labs closely and I had daily labs and ultra sounds at time to ensure my body was tolerating the stimulation medications... Know how many embryos you want to transfer as he will not guide you with that decision... He generally has most couples Transfer 1-2
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
He is very patient and thorough and it’s a smaller gel physician clinic so you really get to know not him well but the entire staff.
Make factor only, i was given Lupron to suppress ovulation, then gonal f and menopur (spelling) for stimulation and i do not recall the name of the trigger shot. I did daily progesterone injections followed by suppositories, steroids at some point. At 7 weeks i was released from his clinic to my ob.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Lisa )
For the front desk, tot he medical assistants from my blood to my main nurse, everyone new our name and was compassionate
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
Embryologist reviews status of embryos vis email and in person day of transfer. This was important for us to help us decide how many to transfer. The clinic hours were flexible and it was easy to get an appointment
$12000
He generally has most couples Transfer 1-2

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Overall he was a nice doctor [Dr. Saleh] but I felt like he used poor judgement when he created a treatment plan for me. I came to his office with unknown infertility and I felt like he used doses of drugs that were too powerful for me and also didn't monitor me closely enough. ... he also didn't recommend a lot of testing to be prior to the cycle to see if anything was else was going on.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Overall he was a nice doctor but I felt like he used poor judgement when he created a treatment plan for me. I came to his office with unknown infertility and I felt like he used doses of drugs that were too powerful for me and also didn't monitor me closely enough.
To ask questions and always say your concerns up front. He doesn't like to run a lot of diagnostic testing and I feel like if I would have done more testing, I wouldn't have to go through another round of IVF with another doctor.
He always had a positive attitude and was always nice to deal with.
Agonist (Lupron) Therapy - produced poor egg quality when I am only 27 years old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Heather was excellent to work with, she answered all of my questions at all hours of the day.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
The clinic has good communication, very compassionate and a strong desire to get you pregnant. They are reasonably priced compared to other clinics. The weakness is that I didn't respond well to his protocol, it possibly gave me poor egg quality and he also didn't recommend a lot of testing to be prior to the cycle to see if anything was else was going on.
7500 for IVF plus testing and monitoring. 3500 for FET
2012 - 2013
Dr Saleh is very direct and has a good knowledge of fertility options...He reviewed all aspects of what could be preventing pregnancy and helped us find out the cause and solution...He was unsure if a cycle of Clomid would help me because my ovarian reserve numbers were so low but was willing to compromise and let me cycle through before proceeding to a more expensive method.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Dr Saleh is very direct and has a good knowledge of fertility options.
Listen to the options, and try to follow the most probable path.
The nursing staff was very good at contacting the insurance to see if anything would be covered and provided me with a detailed cost analysis.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
The waiting area is a bit dim and doesn't represent the warmth of the rest of the office, reception could be improved, but the greatest strength is I felt the team and us we on the same side and striving for the same goal.
Less than $1000
Dallas

Dr Saleh is very knowledgeable about infertility. He can answer any question you have and does not rush through appointments. I was able to see him every appointment and didn't have to speak to someone other then him unless I wanted to. He was caring and compassionate and truly wanted a success for me.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Be patient and ask questions
Dr. Saleh was very knowledgeable about my infertility. He answered any and all questions I had about the process and had great bed side manner.
Na
An overall IVF treatment with why retrieval, icsi, and a fresh transfer cost around $16,500

2012
2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
I found Dr. Saleh to be warm, matter of fact and straightforward in his approach. His staff was very communicative and responsive to my questions....2 Ivf cycles, one with my eggs, one donor was 20,000 not including donor fees, costs and genetic testing.
2012
2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs

1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. S [Saleh] is very straightforward and technical in his approach. He was compassionate but focused. He explained everything thoroughly and was very realistic and “cautiously optimistic” for the outcome. ... It was a very organized, focused cycle. I felt supported and encouraged throughout. Everything was explained to me and coordinated with my doctors back home.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
It was a very organized, focused cycle. I felt supported and encouraged throughout. Everything was explained to me and coordinated with my doctors back home. This was an out of state procedure for me. Flew out, had the transfer, rested one day and flew back home.
Ask lots of questions and be your own best advocate. My advice for everyone with ANY doctor.
Dr. S is very straightforward and technical in his approach. He was compassionate but focused. He explained everything thoroughly and was very realistic and “cautiously optimistic” for the outcome.
This was an embryo transfer, anonymous donors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Heather )
Very organized, very focused.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
This is a very well run office. Everyone was very organized and focused, but also very kind and compassionate. I traveled from out of state and they assisted me with all the details. Everything went very smoothly.