Medical SchoolAmerican U. Of Beirut
ResidencyHenry Ford Hosp
FellowshipStanford U.
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Walid Saleh to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sher Fertility of Texas to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
We decided to see Dr Saleh after recommendations from several friends. The RE we had been seeing prior to Dr Saleh was not always available and I felt like a number in their practice. Dr Saleh is an excellent doctor - he listens, is always available for questions. Dr Saleh does all ultrasounds and procedures himself vs having sonographers and nurses - I really feel this helps with the quality of care and providing the best protocol. We are so pleased with Dr Saleh - we are in the middle of our first IVF cycle and are optmistic that we will have a baby.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Dr Saleh has been extremely honest and compassionate with his recommended treatment and care. He is always available to answer questions via an appointment, email or phone call.
Describe the protocols Walid Saleh used in your cycles at Sher Fertility of Texas and their degree of success.
We are in the middle of our first IVF cycle. I am 40 and have been trying to get pregnant for several years. Dr Saleh suspected I have an egg quality issue. We did a cycle with Lupron, Gonal F and menopur. After retrieval and ISCI fertilization of 12 eggs, we had 8 make it to blast. We also did PGS screening; we have one good embryo and are optimistic for our frozen transfer in a few weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas.
Lisa is a great nurse. She has been available for phone consultations, meetings and also always answers questions via email. She is very organized and has done a great job communicating to me changes in protocol, etc.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
I really love this clinic. I feel like a patient they care about and that they are very vested in me getting pregnant. The 1:1 patient care received here vs other clinics in Dallas is amazing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas.
We did a multi cycle plan with Attain
Describe Walid Saleh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility of Texas.
We only have one to transfer
Dallas
We love Dr. Saleh! I don't believe we could have picked a better Dr. in our area. Well sorta our area, we drive 4 hours to see him, defiantly worth it. Great bedside manor. Put it this way, this past November I happen to be ovulating on Thanksgiving, I took the month off so he could have family time. This is how much I respect this man. He is amazing!!... We started off with ultra sound to check for cyst's around cycle day 3. then started clomid day 3 for 5 days. Once positive ovulation we went in for IUI the next day. Came in had the procedure, for me was cycle day 12 or 13. Then back for blood test in 12 days. After the negative results we would start over again, ultra sounds, clomid, Ovulation, IUI & then negative tests. We did this for 5 months.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I wish you luck & tons of baby dust!! You have came to the perfect Dr.
Ya'll I had a nurse sit on the phone with me after my 4th negative test and cry with me. These women are truly amazing!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
The clinic is in Medical city, so I parked in 1st paring garage off of Forest Ln. Get on the second flood in parking garage near the back, go up the first set of stairs to get out, and you are right at the C entry. Go strait in elevator to 6th ? ha I always forget if its 6th or 4th. Pretty sure 6th floor, then go to the left! Yes, we had a very hard time finding it at first. So here you go!!
Well, we're paying cash for all of our treatments. With that being said I am very appreciative of these prices. Ultra Sound $250ish IUI $500 includes Semen analysis, wash and the procedure. Trigger Shot (Walgreens) $350 HCG $35 I'm sure I'm missing something.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
I appreciated Dr. Saleh' candor and honest assessment of my outcome... he tests first for issues that may impact the success of treatment rather than down the road. He has a cheerful disposition and I really appreciated only being seen by him at each appointment.... My protocol began 1 month prior to retrieval. The first five days, I took a prenatal, BCP, and baby aspirin. The next week, I added Lupron for 5 days and 5 units the last 2. No BCP for last 2 days also. For the next 4 days I added Cetrotide and had a baseline ultrasound and E2. The following 6 days, I added Estrace. The next 3 days I took Lovenox, prednisone and Gonal-F. The next 6 days I continued previous medications adding in Menopur. Day before retrieval, I only continued prednisone, prenatal, Cetrotide, and HCG. Retrieval day, I took prednisone, prenatal, E2V, and antibiotic. I also did acupuncture 3 months before retrieval and before retrieval and transfer. The goal was to allow me to produce as many quality eggs for my age group.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
I appreciated Dr. Saleh' candor and honest assessment of my outcome. Unlike my previous RE, he tests first for issues that may impact the success of treatment rather than down the road. He has a cheerful disposition and I really appreciated only being seen by him at each appointment.
The waiting room environment could be improved, but you're in the right place.
I always met with Dr. Saleh only unlike with my initial RE. He did the ultrasounds personally and not a nurse. I felt like a person and not a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Assigned a nurse.)
Competent and quickly responded by email to my questions. I just wish they were more personable.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
Strengths: competent support staff, excellent doctor, great lab. Weaknesses: Decor could be updated.
Two fresh cycles with 2 egg retrievals and FETs unlimited during cycle, ultrasounds, monitoring, ISCI, and one year of storage was about $21,000 with cash discount. Cycles had to be used in 6 months. I also had a saline ultrasound and mock embryo transfer which was another $700. Medications separate.
No. Due to my age, I was given the option to transfer 2, 5 day embryos or one. It was completely up to me and Dr. Saleh went over the clinic's statistics with me before I made my decision. I never felt pressured to go one way or the other.
Dallas
I’m 40 with DOR. Dr. Saleh wanted to begin with an “aggressive protocol.” I stayed on stimulation medicine for about 16 days. Dr. Saleh was patient with my body’s response. Because of this he was able to retrieve more eggs than I expected... sat down with my husband and I several times to discuss the process, outcome, and next steps. He patiently described everything and did so with such positivity and compassion.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Dr. Saleh is extremely knowledgeable about the IVF process and has a true passion for his job. Through the ups and downs Dr. Saleh adjusted as needed and stayed positive. He has incredible bedside manner!
Dr. Saleh sat down with my husband and I several times to discuss the process, outcome, and next steps. He patiently described everything and did so with such positivity and compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Heather Jackson)
Heather met with me and provided a calendar that clearly communicated the protocol. She went over the process in an easy to understand way. I emailed with questions and she ALWAYS answered in a timely manner. Many times within an hour or two and weekends. I’m not sure how Heather does it all. She made me feel like I was her only patient.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
From the doctor, nurses, protocol coordinator, insurance contact, to front desk, EVERYONE is nice and helpful. You feel like everyone has a genuine interest in helping you create a family. No matter who my contact was for different types of questions, it was always answered quickly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility of Texas.
All monitoring appointments had to be made before noon. The majority of the time, appointments were exactly on schedule. He ran about 15 min late once and profusely apologized.
Dallas
Dr. Saleh clearly knows what he is doing; there was never a time when his office wasn’t full, and I talked to several patients who had traveled from out of state to see him! At every appointment, he would make sure to take the time to talk us through our options and next steps. He was positive and encouraging and never doubted we could get pregnant.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
His office is always crowded so sometimes there is a wait to see him.
During our miscarriage and when I was on bedrest for our pregnancy, both Dr. Saleh and his staff called me multiple times to check on me. He was always encouraging and positive, and his staff were amazing at returning any calls or emails I had promptly.
Clomid did not work for me, so after an unsuccessful round with him (and two with my OBGYN), Dr. Saleh put us on Femara with an injection when I was about to ovulate. I had to come in several times a cycle to make sure the medication was working and that the eggs were ready.
Dr. Saleh’s staff was amazing. They were always efficient, compassionate, and understanding. They returned my calls within the day and they called to check up on me when they knew I was struggling.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
The clinic and staff are very organized but very busy. Be prepared for a crowded waiting room and not always being seen on time. There was one time I waited almost an hour to see the doctor. The clinic itself is clean and inviting.
Every time I went in for a sonogram (which was done almost every appointment), it was over $200.
2012 - 2013
Dr Saleh is very direct and has a good knowledge of fertility options...He reviewed all aspects of what could be preventing pregnancy and helped us find out the cause and solution...He was unsure if a cycle of Clomid would help me because my ovarian reserve numbers were so low but was willing to compromise and let me cycle through before proceeding to a more expensive method.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Dr Saleh is very direct and has a good knowledge of fertility options.
Listen to the options, and try to follow the most probable path.
The nursing staff was very good at contacting the insurance to see if anything would be covered and provided me with a detailed cost analysis.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility of Texas.
The waiting area is a bit dim and doesn't represent the warmth of the rest of the office, reception could be improved, but the greatest strength is I felt the team and us we on the same side and striving for the same goal.
Less than $1000
Dallas
Dr Saleh is very knowledgeable about infertility. He can answer any question you have and does not rush through appointments. I was able to see him every appointment and didn't have to speak to someone other then him unless I wanted to. He was caring and compassionate and truly wanted a success for me.
How was your experience with Walid Saleh at Sher Fertility of Texas?
Be patient and ask questions
Dr. Saleh was very knowledgeable about my infertility. He answered any and all questions I had about the process and had great bed side manner.
Na
An overall IVF treatment with why retrieval, icsi, and a fresh transfer cost around $16,500
2012
2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
I found Dr. Saleh to be warm, matter of fact and straightforward in his approach. His staff was very communicative and responsive to my questions....2 Ivf cycles, one with my eggs, one donor was 20,000 not including donor fees, costs and genetic testing.
2012