Warren “Jay” Huber III

Metairie, LA 70001
Mandeville
800 N Causeway Blvd
Mandeville, LA 70448
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Warren “Jay” Huber III to a friend?

Excellent

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Institute of New Orleans to a friend?
2019 - 2020
We decided to take Dr. Huber's advice to transfer both embryos, since my body is a better incubator than in the laboratory. At this point in our journey, that made more sense to me as well...He was present for many of the ultrasounds to have immediate information for himself, and able to provide us an explanation of the results. He was VERY professional, but also was on a level for us to feel comfortable with him. He always took as much time as we needed, and never felt rushed!... thought outside the box, and had many "options" for another cycle; if one thing wasn't working, he'd go to Plan B, etc. We had not experience that in the previous two years of IVF cycles. We knew right away we needed his energy and expertise that not everyone fits inside the same box. An
I had one primary IVF RN coordinator throughout my process [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans]. She was VERY educated with the IVF process, medication, and able to explain things to us well. I don't feel like I was provided information on my lab results, like I should have been. I usually had to ask for the information, and learned that along the way...I had to remind them to test my thyroid, and ask if I still needed to stay on medication...In total of all of our medications and 6 rounds of IVF, we spend over $100,000, all out of pocket. Each cycle was a different cost, discussed with the finance department. Our first cycle was the most expensive, about $20,000. Each cycle, our meds cost between $5-8,000.00
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
We felt at ease with him immediately. We went for a consult with Dr Huber, after having minimal success with another Dr. Dr. Huber thought outside the box, and had many "options" for another cycle; if one thing wasn't working, he'd go to Plan B, etc. We had not experience that in the previous two years of IVF cycles. We knew right away we needed his energy and expertise that not everyone fits inside the same box. And it worked! We are forever grateful for his willingness to try something new with us. I really do not have anything negative to say about Dr. Huber. I continue to occasionally contact him with updates of my pregnancy even though we have graduated from our fertility clinic, and he seems genuinely happy for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
This was the third fertility doctor we had consulted/worked with during our 2.5 years of IVF cycles. He had the most "fire" within him and really take everything in our case into consideration. I think all of the doctors are good and have passion for what they do, but he seemed to take it one step farther. He was always referencing studies and the latest research. My advice would be: If you have any doubt about him, consult with another dr and you'll see the difference, like we did. We wished we would have changed sooner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Huber always called us by our names, wasn't looking on our chart to remember my name, was ALWAYS there for us, having empathy of what we are going through, an AMAZING passion to be successful for us, and really wanted to be involved in our case. He was present for many of the ultrasounds to have immediate information for himself, and able to provide us an explanation of the results. He was VERY professional, but also was on a level for us to feel comfortable with him. He always took as much time as we needed, and never felt rushed!
Describe the protocols Warren “Jay” Huber III used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
I can't remember all the specifics, but I think we have 4 "plans." If one wasnt working, we would go with another one, etc, etc. He had a master plan for everything. He explained it easy for us to understand and always answered all of our questions. He always had a good rationale to his strategy. With our previous dr., we only had one plan. I felt more comfortable that if something wasnt working with the original plan, we had some backup plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
I had one primary IVF RN coordinator throughout my process. She was VERY educated with the IVF process, medication, and able to explain things to us well. I don't feel like I was provided information on my lab results, like I should have been. I usually had to ask for the information, and learned that along the way. I also dont feel like I was always told an accurate account of how my cycle was going. Beside the IVF coordinator, I felt like the other nurses treated it just like a business. My emotions ran high being there and going through this, and I just dont think I got the compassion I needed there from them.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I think the clinic has an overall good reputation. I REALLY liked the lab where I had my egg retrieval and transfer. They had so much compassion and were very kind!!! I received phone calls with results in a very timely manner. Some things were explained well, other things were not. You had to know the right questions to ask, but you didnt always know the questions to ask. I am glad I started taking notes of each visit, so I could reference it if needed. The bills that they sent me in the mail were AWFUL, explaining why I owed more money. I know this sounds stupid, but we paid everything out of pocket, over $100,000, and I felt like the cashier/check out person had no sensitivity of the costs, and understanding the emotions of spending so much money. I just did not have a good experience with her. I felt rushed and not explained my bills when she said I owed extra money. Overall, I was satisfied with the clinic, minus the compassion and explaining things well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Describe Warren “Jay” Huber III's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Warren “Jay” Huber III
Fertility Institute of New Orleans
Mandeville
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.