IVF Florida

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Cincinnati
Wellington
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33414
954.247.6222
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Wayne Maxson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend IVF Florida to a friend?
Dr. Maxson is absolutely wonderful. He is caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He speaks to me at my level and is blunt but still empathetic. I like to receive information and don't want it sugar-coated, he is great at doing this.... When we got the bad news that both tubes were blocked (most likely from the time I was born), it was heartbreaking. My doctor heard me crying in the bathroom and waited outside to reassure me that it was going to be okay and we would just move into IVF and that we are on this journey together.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Dr. Maxson is absolutely wonderful. He is caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He speaks to me at my level and is blunt but still empathetic. I like to receive information and don't want it sugar-coated, he is great at doing this. He has been there every step of the way and told me on my first appointment that I have been doing a great job of keeping the "car on the road" but now it is time to let him take the wheel. He could see that I had been stressed about this process for a long time and after that initial visit, I think I took the first deep breath for over a year. Could not give him a higher rating, strongly recommend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Do your own research before going in and come with questions. Dr. Maxson will never rush you and will answer any and everything you may be curious about. Just remember, he is the expert and to trust him and not try to struggle for control. At this point, he is joining you on your journey to becoming a parent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
We were trying for over a year when we made an appointment to see Dr. Maxson. I had done a TON of research and as opposed to treating me like everyone else, he acknowledged that and working within my higher understanding to ensure that I was getting the info I needed, not just the same stuff I had already learned. His bedside manner is excellent and the nurses are wonderful. I get stressed out easily and any time I needed to speak with someone to understand the process better, I was called within minutes or hours (not days). When we got the bad news that both tubes were blocked (most likely from the time I was born), it was heartbreaking. My doctor heard me crying in the bathroom and waited outside to reassure me that it was going to be okay and we would just move into IVF and that we are on this journey together. Wow, I have never trusted a doctor the way I trust him and fully encourage any woman who is going through this struggle with infertility to see him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff, in general, is excellent. They are caring and compassionate and know that this is an extremely stressful journey. They are not there to add anything more to your plate but rather to relieve some of the heavy load that you have been carrying on your shoulders.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida is a major clinic with several different locations across the state. The great part about this is that you can go to any of the different offices pending on your schedule and location for that week. It is important to be aware that this is a very busy clinic and you may have to wait sometimes. Try to book appointments in the afternoon rather than the morning, it is much less busy.
Describe Wayne Maxson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Dr. Maxson has a strong preference to only transfer one embryo. He feels that transferring more than one puts the mother as well as the baby (babies) at an unnecessarily high risk.
Margate
The first time meeting Dr.Maxson my husband and I knew right of the bat that he was the Doctor that we wanted and that we were going to be in great hands. He explained everything in detail and answered every question we had....He started me on metformin starting at 100mg and working my way up to 1000mg. With having pcos it is suppose to balance my blood sugar and even out my hormones.... Once my follicles got to a certain size Dr.Maxson told me to trigger
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
The first time meeting Dr.Maxson my husband and I knew right of the bat that he was the Doctor that we wanted and that we were going to be in great hands. He explained everything in detail and answered every question we had. Dr. Maxson had a vision for my husband and I and started right away. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
If I could give any advise it would be to never give up on your dream to become parents. When you think you have hit rock bottom to get back up again and try harder for what you want to achieve and that is a baby!
Every time I walked in the office the nurses knew my name and greeted me with a big smile and a caring face. When ever I had a question it was always just a phone call away and they always answered and answered my questions with truth and professionalism.
Describe the protocols Wayne Maxson used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
The first thing Dr. Maxson said was to loose 5% of your weight. Even a small amount is beneficial to conceive. He started me on metformin starting at 100mg and working my way up to 1000mg. With having pcos it is suppose to balance my blood sugar and even out my hormones. From there it was weekly apt to check my follicles. Once my follicles got to a certain size Dr.Maxson told me to trigger and to trigger at a certain time. We would trigger and then the next morning we would go in for iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
My nurse was absolutely amazing. She handled everything from my negative pregnancy test to my joy for starting another cycle.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The only down side that I had was that if I needed treatment on a Sunday I would have to drive 2 hours to margate, but other than that the staff at Ivf Florida are all amazing and were always concerned with how we felt and wanted to make sure we always had the info we needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida.
For the iui treatments I spent $1,700 per iui. I did 2 iui and I am working on my 3rd now
Port St. Lucie
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
We did an ERA test [with Dr. Wayne Maxson] to make sure that we were transferring at the right time and that my uterus was receptive to the Progesterone shots. We found out that I was pre receptive by 24 hours and needed an additional day of Progesterone...From our initial visit to our most recent loss Dr Maxson has been with us every step of the way. He often checks in on us during our cycles and even on our "breaks". He really understands how grueling this process is not only on the patient but often on the family. There have been several times Dr. Maxson has met with my husband and I as well as my parents to calm our nerves and fears. At the end of the day Dr Maxson truly cares about his patients and the family they are so hopeful to create.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
One of the things I like the best about Dr. Maxson is that He stays educated on up to date research and procedures and educates us as well. He doesn't hold back when offering "out of the box" thinking. I know that Dr. Maxson has several patients. However, that doesn't alter him from knowing every little detail about me and our journey to parenthood. He is blunt when He needs to be and He is cautious of our feelings when He needs to be as well. Recently we have hit a bump in the road financially and we are almost at the end of our journey and have no baby to show for our journey. To see the emotion on Dr. Maxson speaks volumes. This man genuinely cares about us. About our Marriage. About our Hopes and Dreams. And most of all about our desire to become parents.
When seeing Dr Maxson I would recommend that you remain open and honest with him. Be upfront about your plans and where you are at financially. Be open to suggestions--- even the ones that are hard to hear. Be ready to hear things you may not want to hear but be open to what He has to say regarding this and follow through with his plans.
Dr. Maxson is very warm, compassionate and down to earth. His compassion and knowledge of the field really resonated with us. From our initial visit to our most recent loss Dr Maxson has been with us every step of the way. He often checks in on us during our cycles and even on our "breaks". He really understands how grueling this process is not only on the patient but often on the family. There have been several times Dr. Maxson has met with my husband and I as well as my parents to calm our nerves and fears. At the end of the day Dr Maxson truly cares about his patients and the family they are so hopeful to create.
We tried Clomid and Letrozole with IUI first. I stopped responding to both. We then moved to IVF with Menopur, Gonal F , Centrotide and HCG trigger shot. We retrieved 10 eggs and 6 made it to day 5. Sadly, these embryos resulted in 2 chemical pregnancies and a miscarriage around 12 weeks when referred to my OB. Our Second Retrieval we did Lupron for several weeks, Menopur and Gonal F with HCG trigger. We retrieved 17 eggs and 4 made it to blast. This was a freeze all cycle. We did an ERA test to make sure that we were transferring at the right time and that my uterus was receptive to the Progesterone shots. We found out that I was pre receptive by 24 hours and needed an additional day of Progesterone. We did two more transfers after this which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We have two more embroys on ice and will be transferring again in 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Illene and Erica )
I attend the Wellington Office and the nursing staff there exceeds expectations. Being a smaller office they know you by name, know your journey and are with you 100% of the time. This includes the nurses, the sonographer, the triage nurses (who take our blood) , the office/billing employee and many others. They greet you by name, follow up with you via the web and phone, and show general interest, care and concern not only about your treatment and care but also about your general well being.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Wellington Office is kind, caring, organized, up to date with your file. The billing office does tend to be inaccurate time and time again. Which is very frustrating when you are seeking such expensive treatment.
We used Attian, IVF
Dr. Maxson is very amendment about single embryo transfers. His first priority is always the health of his patient and his goal is always "one healthy baby".
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Wellington
Dr. Maxson was my Dr through 1 frozen embryo transfer (FET)...He was extremely compassionate, and thorough in dealing with the miscarriage itself and in trying to determine a reason for the miscarriage...I never felt rushed during an appointment with Dr. Maxson. He was always very thorough and willing to answer all of my questions. He's extremely knowledgeable and will go into a great deal of explaining the science part of everything if you wish.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Dr. Maxson was my Dr through 1 frozen embryo transfer (FET). Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended at 7 weeks due to a miscarriage. He was extremely compassionate, and thorough in dealing with the miscarriage itself and in trying to determine a reason for the miscarriage. I'm still in the process of testing and learning if there is any reason for my miscarriage, but I hope to have another FET in February 2018, and hopefully that one will be successful!
Ask a lot of questions, and be willing to listen to his answers. I was so positive my first time around, that I blocked out the statistics related to having a successful pregnancy on try # 1. Now that I'm about to start try #3 I wish I was had been more prepared for the idea that try #1 might not be successful.
My frozen embryo transfer (FET) started with 10-14 days of birth control. Once I got my period, I started Lupron injections every morning and estrogen patches in increasing doses for 14 days. I had to take 6 days of progesterone injections in oil before my FET due to ERA results indicating I was pre-receptive at the time of my 1st FET which ended with a negative pregnancy test result.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic is very clean and is run effectively. They have a lot of patients, and that can seem overwhelming at times. Throughout your cycle you will have to get many blood draws and ultrasounds. These appointments are typically lengthier than they should be (in my opinion) due to the volume of patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida.
The egg retrieval with PGS testing cost around $15,000, not including medication. Each frozen embryo transfer was about $4,500, not including medication.
Dr. Maxson highly recommended a single embryo transfer due to my age (30). Multiple embryo transfers were never an option.
Margate
Dr. Wayne Maxson is an incredible doctor...I came to him after struggling with secondary infertility for over a year... He is brilliant and up to date on the most cutting-edge research and technology. He is an incredible scientist, but even more wonderful human being. He is kind, emotionally attuned to patients and empathic. During difficult moments in my fertility journey he offered me such comfort and treated me with the utmost respect. I felt that I was a person to him, and not just a number. He is truly remarkable and I highly recommend him. I came to him after struggling with secondary infertility for over a year...
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Dr. Wayne Maxson is an incredible doctor. He is brilliant and up to date on the most cutting-edge research and technology. He is an incredible scientist, but even more wonderful human being. He is kind, emotionally attuned to patients and empathic. During difficult moments in my fertility journey he offered me such comfort and treated me with the utmost respect. I felt that I was a person to him, and not just a number. He is truly remarkable and I highly recommend him. I came to him after struggling with secondary infertility for over a year. I was working with another reproductive endocrinologist (who did not offer IVF) but who had helped me get pregnant with my son (with the use of Clomid). When I returned to this doctor to get pregnant again, the Clomid did not work and I spent over a year (with 2 miscarriages) trying oral and injection options with IUI. At one point, my first doctor recommended I speak with Dr. Maxson for a second opinion. When I met with Dr. Maxson, he did NOT push me into doing IVF. In fact, he discouraged it at first and recommended less invasive courses of action. Once those failed, he discussed IVF options with me and with that information he helped guide me in the process. My medical presentation was actually very complicated due to a severe case of PCOS. We met hurdles at many points in the process and Dr. Maxson managed them beautifully - he even suggested a cutting edge test to confirm the perfect date of implantation for me, which turned out to be different from the norm. Because of him, I am blessed with a healthy, full-of-life and just delicious baby girl. She is almost 1 year-old.
Dr. Maxson will often explain different alternatives to you and often times there is no "right" or "wrong" decision. He rarely pushes you into a decision, unless he feels VERY strongly that it is important medically. More often than not, he is there to guide you but also respects your own viewpoints (within reason and safety of practice, of course). If you do feel that you need more guidance from him, ask him the decision he would make if you were his daughter or his family member. Dr. Maxson is extremely human and when you ask this question to him he will speak openly and honestly. He will meet you where you are at.
Dr. Wayne Maxson is by far the most professional, bright, kind and caring doctor I have ever worked with. He always went above and beyond for me. I feel that he is deeply passionate about the work he is doing and he is a true scientist. As a father himself, he also is able to demonstrate enormous empathy and is very emotionally attuned to his patients.
It has been almost 2 years since I underwent the egg retrieval process and almost 1.5 years since the implantation. I apologize that I really do not remember - and probably have chosen to forget - much of the details. However, I will say that I highly recommend PGS testing. Due to my PCOS, I produce a large number of very poor quality eggs. After my egg retrieval, I had 12 blastocysts. I am so glad I tested them with PGS because 6 of the 12 came back with chromosomal abnormalities. I fortunately had this information (which Dr. Maxson recommended I obtain) and so I did not waste lots of cycles implanting poor embryos. My first embryo transfer (with a healthy embryo) did fail, which was somewhat surprising to my team. Dr. Maxson suggested I take a month "off" and use that month to do a test of my uterine wall with a cutting-edge technique (sorry can't remember the name!) that allows the doctors to determine the optimal day in the cycle for implantation. This test (which was very new when I was going through the process) showed that my uterine wall was not ready on the day that transfers are typically done...I needed to wait one more day. Knowing this information, we planned accordingly for the second embryo transfer and it was a success :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Justine and Bonnie)
The nursing staff at IVF Florida is incredible. I truly adore Justine and Bonnie and I am so appreciative of everything they have done for me. They were always there to answer my questions and help walk me through the process. They helped explain everything and keep me on track. And they both show enormous compassion.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Overall, I found the clinic in the Margate location (where I went) to be clean and professional. During certain times of day there was occasionally a wait, but other days I was in and out quickly. I found that the office ran very smoothly and they definitely have good systems in place.
My impression is that Dr. Maxson is conservative when it comes to multiple embryo transfer and he follows guidelines and literature on safe practices. When I was going through IVF, I was 32 years old. I also had one biological son from a non-IVF, Clomid cycle previously. Given this information, Dr. Maxson strongly discouraged multiple embryo transfer and explained the risks associated. It is possible he may be open to multiple embryo transfer in other cases, but I can only speak from my own experience.
Miami
Dr. Maxson is extremely intelligent, experienced, and compassionate. He truely cares about his patients and creates individualized treatment plans. He spends as much time as needed in each appointment, taking time to answer all questions and explain all procedures and potential risks. He does not rush his appointments. He presents the complicated information in a down to earth manner that is easy to understand. He successfully helped me bring a beautiful baby into the world. I am so fond of him that I am back under his care for round two.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
He really is the best. Infertility is an emotional and physical process, and he is wonderful at managing both.
Dr. Maxson was professional, yet he told jokes to lighten the mood. He cared about all aspects of my treatment course.
He gradually increased medications when needed. He does not want to overstimulate the body or increase the change of having more than one baby, due to the risks. He thoroughly diagnoses reasons for infertility and customizes fertility plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
She explained all course of treatments, all medications, and answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Th clinic is organized, clean, and the women at the front desk are always friendly and welcoming. The nurses in the lab and wonderful. When it is necessary to give blood for lab work, it is all done in office by a competent professional.
Jupiter
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Schedule your appointments ASAP as he [Dr. Maxson] is only at each office on certain days for certain times...He used a variety of treatments always offering advice after a failed cycle. He also was good about seeking advice from the other partners...Dr. Maxson is very smart and knowledgeable in his field. He has many offices and sees many patients, so there is definitely a personalization factor that is missing. He is also very busy and very hard to get an appointment with.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida?
Schedule your appointments ASAP as he is only at each office on certain days for certain times.
The clinic is so large that often times it felt like the doctors and nurses were just going through the motions. Very friendly, but very little personalization.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Bonnie)
There are quite a few nurses assigned to each doctor so keeping them all straight was difficult. Most of them were knowledgeable and helpful, sometimes I would come across a nurse that had no idea what I was talking about. When that happened I always asked to speak to Bonnie or Justine.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Too large in terms of the patient to doctor ratio. The lady that draws blood is often late which can be quite annoying when you have a job to get to as well. There was much miscommunication in terms of financing, processes, where I was in my cycle, etc. I think due to the company being so large.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wayne Maxson at IVF Florida.
$5000 per frozen cycle not including meds. $12000 for fresh not including meds. ICSI was extra $1500.
I always wanted to transfer more, he would only do 2 each time per the guidelines for my age.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?