Wendy Kuohung

133 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
617-421-1000

1 patient review filtered by:

My doctor [Dr. Kuohung] recommended transferring all 4 of my embryos which made me slightly nervous, but since none resulted in pregnancy it was likely the right choice. I appreciated her not taking too conservative an approach... was always warm and respectful and took the time to answer my questions and talk with me in an unhurried way. She was always sensitive to the various physical and emotional issues that arose.
The nurses [at Boston IVF] were friendly and efficient. The clinic sometimes had an assembly line feel but I really appreciated their efficiency...I was almost always surprised how quickly they got me through my testing. My experiences there were always pleasant as I could expect. I appreciated the ease of parking as well... I responded well to this protocol and we were able to retrieve far more eggs than expected. After retrieval, Dr Kuohung decided to use a freeze-all protocol since my progesterone levels were high. I did some research on this protocol and leaned that it was considered to be very effective since the freezing technology has improved, specifically for women with high progesterone levels before retrieval.
How was your experience with Wendy Kuohung at Boston IVF?
Dr Kuohung struck a really good balance between maintaining a positive outlook while acknowledging the realities we faced. One of the things I appreciated most about Dr Kuohung was her willingness to answer all of my questions thoroughly and patiently. At several points throughout treatment, she helped my partner and I to identify the pros and cons of each option, referred to current research, and clarified her explanations for us when we had trouble grasping some of the scientific concepts that were unfamiliar to us. In deciding how many embryos to transfer, she was able to state her recommendation and rationale clearly, and also able to take into account our feelings about each option. I really appreciated her ability to balance her professional expertise with consideration for our opinions and priorities.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Kuohung at Boston IVF?
When I began my IVF treatment, I was not familiar with many of the concepts and terms that need to be discussed. Dr kuohung did a very good job explaining much of this to me in an accessible manner, but I was still left feeling that I wanted a better understanding. Once I learned more of the terms I found it easier to understand our conversations. Having a better understanding of the background medical concepts made me feel more able to be an active agent in my treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Kuohung at Boston IVF?
Dr. Kuohung was always warm and respectful and took the time to answer my questions and talk with me in an unhurried way. She was always sensitive to the various physical and emotional issues that arose.
Describe the protocols Wendy Kuohung used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I don’t remember the specific stimulation protocol we used but I know we chose it with the assumption that Iould be a poor responder due to my age. I responded well to this protocol and we were able to retrieve far more eggs than expected. After retrieval, Dr Kuohung decided to use a freeze-all protocol since my progesterone levels were high. I did some research on this protocol and leaned that it was considered to be very effective since the freezing technology has improved, specifically for women with high progesterone levels before retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nurses were friendly and efficient. The clinic sometimes had an assembly line feel but I really appreciated their efficiency.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic was visually pleasant, nurses were friendly and efficient and I was almost always surprised how quickly they got me through my testing. My experiences there were always pleasant as I could expect. I appreciated the ease of parking as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Kuohung at Boston IVF.
My treatment for this cycle was covered by insurance.
Describe Wendy Kuohung's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
My doctor recommended transferring all 4 of my embryos which made me slightly nervous, but since none resulted in pregnancy it was likely the right choice. I appreciated her not taking too conservative an approach
Wendy Kuohung