5.6

Newark, DE 19713
Dover
200 Banning Street
Dover, DE 19904

I think dr schillings is a wonderful doctor. She is very knowledgeable about the infertility field. However I did feel like just a number at times. When she said I have less than a 5% chance of becoming pregnant with my own eggs and should consider donor eggs it was like it was run of the mill conversation. Not that it was life altering news....I underwent two IUI cycles. The first using max dose of Gonal F and low dose HCG. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. The second one I used max dose of gonal f, hcg, and micro dose Lupron. Resulting in a chemical pregnancy. We are going to try again this month but adding day 21 esterese
Clinic staff [RMA of Pennsylvania] are very friendly and energetic. They make a difficult situation much easier. Dr schilling has a tree in the hallway for each year (on a picture) and everyone that is discharged from the practice pregnant gets to put their fingerprints on it. This gives me hope at each visit....Some of the doctors opinions in the practice did differ. One physician said egg quality was not an issue if under 35 years old but with poor FSH and AMH but another did. It was confusing at times.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Educate yourself as well so you understand what is going on and can ask appropriate questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
I feel like the staff at Dr. Schillings office are absolutely wonderful! Especially the secretary Diane and nurse BJ. Dr schillings was ok personally but I felt like another number not like I was seen as a person.
Describe the protocols Wendy Schillings used in your cycles at RMA of Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: BJ)
Nurse BJ was fantastic. She was compassionate and encouraging while also being realistic about expectations.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Clinic staff are very friendly and energetic. They make a difficult situation much easier. Dr schilling has a tree in the hallway for each year (on a picture) and everyone that is discharged from the practice pregnant gets to put their fingerprints on it. This gives me hope at each visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania.
Out of pocket expense not covered by insurance Medications - about $100 per cycle IUI - $700/cycle US - about 5 per cycle - $25 copay Office visit - $25 co pay - $175 for phone conference per visit
Describe Wendy Schillings's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Pennsylvania.
I have not had an embryo transfer yet as my eggs have not responded well. We are trying one last round this month. If it doesn’t work we will proceed with donor eggs when we are financially able to.
Allentown

Dr Schillings was very blunt with us about our prognosis and seemed confident. She was optimistic but not unrealistic and seemed to be confident in her solution to the issues we had when we went to previous clinics.... I was unsure of some of her approaches to our treatment but when I asked why or how, she explained her thought process in detail so we were on board.
BJ [a nurse at RMA of PA-Allentown] has done a great job of coordinating our care. Our particular situation is complex and involves a TESE to obtain sperm, PGD, etc. and she has stayed on top of keeping us in the loop. I don’t like that the clinic usually doesn’t get back to us until 5pm usually, but that’s just the way they do things and it hasn’t really affected me much.... Egg retrieval was approximately $14,500. Transfer is around $4700 and PGD/PGS is $6500.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Ask as many questions as possible. I was unsure of some of her approaches to our treatment but when I asked why or how, she explained her thought process in detail so we were on board.
I met with Dr. Schillings during the evening over a 45 minute consultation. She was SO thorough and very confident, which we needed. She asked us questions which we had never been asked before, which gave us hope about her approach.
We have not yet begun treatment, however I do know that I will be using Follistim, Ganirelix and low dose HCG
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: BJ Witkus)
BJ has done a great job of coordinating our care. Our particular situation is complex and involves a TESE to obtain sperm, PGD, etc. and she has stayed on top of keeping us in the loop. I don’t like that the clinic usually doesn’t get back to us until 5pm usually, but that’s just the way they do things and it hasn’t really affected me much.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Good communication. The clinic is very nice, they make you feel the way you should be treated when you pay so much money out of pocket for care. I have not had any issues with RMA whatsoever since I began with them 2-3 month ago
RMA is significantly more expensive than our previous clinic. Egg retrieval was approximately $14,500. Transfer is around $4700 and PGD/PGS is $6500.
They have already advised us against multiple embryo transfer however we have not made it to that point in the process.
2015 - 2018, Successful
We am very thankful for Wendy schillings as she helped us achieve pregnancy with our daughter. However, I do feel a little more like a number now. The last consultation appointment we had, I don’t feel like she really knew my case and wasn’t fully prepared for our appointment.... My first Iui with her we used 50 clomid, days 3-7, monitored cycle day 12, trigger with ovidrel shot and Iui day 13/14. That failed, they increased my clomid to 100 , same protocol and we achieved pregnancy Years later, attempt for 2nd child we used 100 clomid, same protocol as mentioned above, failed. 2nd attempt at 2nd child
When I started with them [RMA of PA] in 2015, I felt less like a number and more like a human. However, starting treatment again for my second child, in 2017-18 I feel as if they are so busy and aren’t as organized as they were before. There is some miscommunication and I receive different information between my dr and my nurse... The front desk is mostly very pleasant and organized. I have had no issues with them, and I love that the clinic is open for 365 monitoring. This is very helpful.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Make sure to come prepared with all questions you have and don’t leave u til you fully understand what your options are, because I feel like the dr will move too quickly through the appointment
When I started with them in 2015, I felt less like a number and more like a human. However, starting treatment again for my second child, in 2017-18 I feel as if they are so busy and aren’t as organized as they were before. There is some miscommunication and I receive different information between my dr and my nurse
My first Iui with her we used 50 clomid, days 3-7, monitored cycle day 12, trigger with ovidrel shot and Iui day 13/14. That failed, they increased my clomid to 100 , same protocol and we achieved pregnancy Years later, attempt for 2nd child we used 100 clomid, same protocol as mentioned above, failed. 2nd attempt at 2nd child - same protocol except added progesterone suppositories. Failed 3rd attempt at 2nd child - increase clomid to 150, everything else the same- failed. 4th attempt we used letrozole dosage 5, days 3-7, same protocol as above - fail. We used letrozole because they do not want to do anymore than 6 clomid cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
I don’t feel like the nurse and sr schillings were on the same page. There was some confusion as to why I was told to use progesterone and I received different answers from both dr and nurse. I felt the nurse gave some attitude when asking multiple questions
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
The dr put me on progesterone due to short luteal phase after our 1st attempt at imour second child. That Iui failed. When we went in for our second, the dr forgot to mention progesterone during our Iui appointment , when I brought it up she couldn’t tell me why we had to be on it, then she said it was bc of my liking being too thin, which wasn’t correct. Then during our final Iui the nurse didn’t proscribe progesterone. She said they don’t do progesterone automatically when changing protocol (which In my case was changing from clomid to letrozole) so I questioned that because the whole reason I was on it was because of my short luteal phase. She gave me some attitude when I questioned this and then she ended up putting me on the progesterone
Allentown

As with many other medical situations, we had to stay on top of our paperwork and test results. They [RMA of PA-Allentown] seemed to have trouble maintaining contact with my husband's urologist and getting testing results to them or from them. My advice would be to stay on top of your cycle, paperwork and testing so nothing gets overlooked. Ask a million questions, and ask them often.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Schillings handled our first IVF cycle. She was warm and answered all of our questions. When our IVF cycle failed (ended with 2 embryos that were not viable) she spent about 30 minutes on the phone with me walking me through what happened and possible reasons why it happened. She was compassionate and kind. Our problem moving forward was her immediate push into using egg donors, rather than doing another IVF cycle with donor sperm (as our infertility was diagnosed as a male factor problem). We are now using another doctor who does not recommend the path she pushed us toward. However, for a seemingly less complicated cycle than ours, I have some faith she would provide competent care.
Advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions. Do lots of reading on your own.
Dr. Schillings was warm and polite. She answered a lot of questions and did not express impatience when we asked things multiple times. We could usually make an appointment to see her within 7-9 days of asking. The only time I felt a little more like an outcome variable, rather than a human, was when she pushed us to use egg donors for our second cycle, after our first failed.
Antagonist IVF Gonal F @ 300 Days 3 - 11 Low does HCG @ 20 Days 3 -11 Cetrotide full dose Days 7-11 Pregnyl Day 12 Retrieval Day 14 Eggs retrieved: 26 Eggs underwent ICSI: 21 Fertilized normally: 19 Embryos at day 6: 2 (both genetically not viable as per PGD testing) Steep drop-off in development or arresting after day 3 in 17 eggs fertilized normally
I loved BJ, my nurse. She was organized, helpful, compassionate and very friendly. She knew I was a teacher and tried to call me when she knew I was available during the day. When we found out our IVF cycle failed, she called me a couple days later just to check in to see how we were doing.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic overall was satisfactory. While we were unhappy with our advice after our failed IVF cycle, the process using the clinic was OK. As with many other medical situations, we had to stay on top of our paperwork and test results. They seemed to have trouble maintaining contact with my husband's urologist and getting testing results to them or from them. My advice would be to stay on top of your cycle, paperwork and testing so nothing gets overlooked. Ask a million questions, and ask them often.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Pennsylvania.
My experience was probably out of the ordinary at first because they implemented a new computer monitoring system my first day of morning monitoring. I was there from 6:30am to 8:30am due to computer glitches. The staff were apologetic, and it got better as the days went on and they got used to the new system. Morning monitoring begins at 7, but the doors open at 6:45. If you arrive before 6:45, and you should if you want to get to work on time, you wait in a single file line outside the door. Once inside you sign in, have your blood taken and wait until 7 for the staff to arrive to begin the ultrasounds. You might feel a little like 'cattle' but for the most part if you arrive early you won't spend more than 30 minutes there per morning. (Also the woman who draws blood there is GREAT).
Approximately $30,000
Strong preference and reference of best practice being 1 embryo transferred
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
Some of our paperwork was lost, and some test results were not communicated in a timely fashion.

2012 - 2016, Successful
She [Dr. Wendy Schillings] is a straight shooter. She tells it like it is and is real with you. After the first meeting I was so down because of how honest and direct she was. But as we went through the process and we had the setbacks that she warned us of, I began to appreciate how she was in that first meeting...I know we changed hormone dosage often to get more eggs maturing at the same rate. We did a uterine scrap following a chemical pregnancy. We tried starting meds on day 2 to jumpstart things, I know I was on birth control at some point to help,
I would arrive 45 minutes early [to monitoring appointments at RMA of PA] so I would be seen right away so I could get to work on time. It was one of the most stressful parts of the fertility treatments... morning monitoring could get crazy busy...Staff was amazing! Involved in the community too! Wish the ivf transfers could have been done on site. Only IUIs were...I really feel like they tried to explain everything so that I would understand.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She is a straight shooter. She tells it like it is and is real with you. After the first meeting I was so down because of how honest and direct she was. But as we went through the process and we had the setbacks that she warned us of, I began to appreciate how she was in that first meeting.
It takes time. The likelihood of getting pregnant right away is slim, so be patient. So not take Dr. schillings directness as being cold or uncaring. She just wants to upfront and honest and not create a false hope. You begin to appreciate this more with each cycle you go through.
I really feel like they tried to explain everything so that I would understand. Even after giving birth they would check in to see how the baby was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Marcovich)
All amazing, caring, friendly, felt like a family. Being discharged was bittersweet
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Small- morning monitoring could get crazy busy Staff was amazing! Involved in the community too! Wish the ivf transfers could have been done on site. Only IUIs were. My husband even liked the nursing g staff. And he was super embarrassed to do his part.
It was set morning hours. First cone first serve. I would arrive 45 minutes early so I would be seen right away so I could get to work on time. It was one of the most stressful parts of the fertility treatments
Ivf with all the bells and whistles was $18,500. My insurance covered the mess. Thank goodness.
Glad we did singles.
Allentown

She [Dr. Wendy Schillings] has been very informative and helpful throughout the process. We find her to be very realistic in which it is appreciate greatly. Her willingness to provide honest answers to questions really built our trust in her with our fertility care...I felt that she was open to hear my thoughts on treatment and helped to clarify information we researched. It was easy to make an appt with her and she utilized the whole appt time.
They [the nursing staff at RMA of Pennsylvania] are very caring and informative. Response time is fast for test results and questions...The practice location and atmosphere is convenient and nice. Staff are professional and helpful. Thought there welcome packet and information was nice. The rooms and equipment were clean and up to date. They are open 365 days year and hours for testing are early enough to not interfere with work.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She has been very informative and helpful throughout the process. We find her to be very realistic in which it is appreciate greatly. Her willingness to provide honest answers to questions really built our trust in her with our fertility care.
Be open to all forms of treatment and under your options as well as expectations.
Since I have PCOS, high hormone bc was used to minimize or reduce cysts. Provera was then used to help with getting a period. I'm already on 1000mg of metformin, so that stayed the same. I was prescribed Letrozole for 5 days during the IUI cycle and utilized trigger injection. IUI was done 2 consecutive says with followup testing for progesterone a week later and pregnancy test 2 weeks after the IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Pennsylvania.
They are very caring and informative. Response time is fast for test results and questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Unsure of the cost. Each time cost would or could change or, we speak with billing personnel.
Allentown

I met Wendy [Dr. Schillings] once during treatment. Her bedside manner was mot what we expected. We felt like a number and the meeting was very cold. Yet, we decided to stick with the clinic because of the success rate.... Don’t expect to meet with her more than once or twice.... We were on an antagonist protocol for retrieval. I was not over stimulated and did not develop any complications or bad side effects as a result. We are currently going through our FET cycle. The clinic prefers FET cycles as the research shows a higher success rate.
The nurses as RMAPA were personable and helped make the process a bit better. They were friendly and answered all my questions. Still don’t expect your hand to be held, the practice is not overly warm.... The clini has a high success rate and prefers FET transfers. If you are using insurance, it’s unfortunately important to make extra calls to the financial team. That department, at least in my case, were slow to submit information to my Insurance company despite multiple calls.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
I met Wendy once during treatment. Her bedside manner was mot what we expected. We felt like a number and the meeting was very cold. Yet, we decided to stick with the clinic because of the success rate. So far I’m happy we did, as everyone else we’ve encountered is much warmer.
Don’t expect to meet with her more than once or twice.
RMAPA is a busy practice. Most times I felt rushed through. The nurses and doctors were nice, but don’t expect to feel cared for in a memorable way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Juanita )
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Our clinic prefers to transfer one embryo at a time as it is less risky.
Allentown

She seems to know what she's doing, but it feels like she's distracted by too many patients with different scenarios....The clinic seems to have a difficult time keeping he details of my history straight when we talk. It's all correct in their records, they just can't ever seem to remember at appointments who I am or what we've done or what my situation is (or even how old I am!). I wish they'd take a few minutes before they meet with me to review my chart so it would feel like they know who I am.
The clinic [RMA of PA] seems to have a difficult time keeping he details of my history straight when we talk. It's all correct in their records, they just can't ever seem to remember at appointments who I am or what we've done or what my situation is (or even how old I am!). I wish they'd take a few minutes before they meet with me to review my chart so it would feel like they know who I am... The clinic staff have always been polite. Christine, however, takes the cake. She's the only reason the humiliation of constant blood work is bearable.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She seems to know what she's doing, but it feels like she's distracted by too many patients with different scenarios. I was told ahead of time that her demeanor was a little brusque; I actually did not find that to be true at all
Pay attention to everything they say, take notes, and don't be afraid to jump in and clarify or question if you feel something doesn't jive
Tara has always been kind, compassionate, and attentive on the phone; I have never met her in person. The clinic staff have always been polite. Christine, however, takes the cake. She's the only reason the humiliation of constant blood work is bearable. The easy, pleasant, early morning conversation with her is a much needed antidote to the emotional torture that is fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
As I said previously, the clinic staff are courteous and for the most part efficient. Be nice to them, as they're the ones you'll be in the most contact with.
My insurance covers ultrasounds and blood work. Copay costs have been reasonable, and IUI costs have been (I presume) reasonable so far

2020 - 2021, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
She [Dr. Schillings] is easy to ask any questions and she will make sure you understood...standard procedure up to failed Transfer.Egg retrieval then frozen transfer. Then more test was ordered after failed one to ensure the second transfer would be successful. We found out I have enlarged pituitary gland that prevent that successful transfer.I was prescribed the medication to lower the level of prolactin...
[RADfertility] On the portal, you will get any question or request answered with in a day. After hour there is on call doctor and they will respond to you with in 3 hours or less. They are really good at communicating with the patients...Cost was upfront that no surprising charges...This clinic will only transfer single embryo...She [Dr. Schillings] is easy to ask any questions and she will make sure you understood...
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
She explained the procedure/test before it was performed. She was compassionate. When I had failed transfer she made sure there was a hope and encourage me to keep going. Also suggested other tests to be done prior to my second transfer to make sure that would go smoothly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
She is easy to ask any questions and she will make sure you understood. So ask as many questions if you are unsure about anything.
Describe the protocols Wendy Schillings used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
I had pretty much standard procedure up to failed Transfer.Egg retrieval then frozen transfer. Then more test was ordered after failed one to ensure the second transfer would be successful. We found out I have enlarged pituitary gland that prevent that successful transfer.I was prescribed the medication to lower the level of prolactin.
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Cost was upfront that no surprising charges.
Describe Wendy Schillings's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
This clinic will only transfer single embryo.
Newark

She’s [Dr. Schillings] intelligent and to the point. She can come off as lacking empathy , but she just presents with a strong personality. She over all knows what she’s doing and talking about and wants to see success .... Felt like a human because she takes time to talk with you when you see her . A number at times due to how busy they’re and how they’re crunched with time to get all the morning monitoring and procedures done... Used clomid and the trigger shot & then did IUI two days in a row
They’re [RMA of PA] clean and friendly. They’re always open. The try there best to remember you from visit to visit (receptionist). They have coffee and tea on the waiting room. They’re busy and sometimes behind because of it. Rooms look older and are cold . The scenery on the ceiling isn’t very therapeutic.... [Nurse] Empathetic and can thoroughly explain information. Second round of IUI she didn’t call for any updates / reminders on what to do.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She’s intelligent and to the point. She can come off as lacking empathy , but she just presents with a strong personality. She over all knows what she’s doing and talking about and wants to see success .
Go in with an open mind and heart.
Felt like a human because she takes time to talk with you when you see her . A number at times due to how busy they’re and how they’re crunched with time to get all the morning monitoring and procedures done .
Used clomid and the trigger shot & then did IUI two days in a row . We have male factor infertility , count and speed is fine, but morphology was a 0 & then a 1. 4 is the “norm”.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara )
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
They’re clean and friendly. They’re always open. The try there best to remember you from visit to visit (receptionist). They have coffee and tea on the waiting room. They’re busy and sometimes behind because of it. Rooms look older and are cold . The scenery on the ceiling isn’t very therapeutic.
Copays and medication .
No comment

2020 - 2021, Consult
Dr. Schillings was warm and easy to talk with. She was informative but also empathetic to my circumstance. I never felt like she was judging me or trying to treat me like a statistic...had a consultation with Dr. Schillings to discuss the results from my laproscopy. I had to take the appointment in the middle of my grandfathers. She was patient while [I] bounced back and forth. The only weakness was having to drive to Newark for my Laproacopy.
For strengths I felt like everyone was warm and inviting. No one was difficult to talk with. For weaknesses it is a lot of different people to have to interact with. I'm thankful for the portal but at times felt confused on who to talk to...[the RADfertility nurses] were informative and promptly responded to emails, phone calls and messages...
As strengths Dr. Schillings was informative, supportive, and understanding. I partially caretake for my grandfather since my grandmother died. I had a consultation with Dr. Schillings to discuss the results from my laproscopy. I had to take the appointment in the middle of my grandfathers. She was patient while K bounced back and forth. The only weakness was having to drive to Newark for my Laproacopy.
Take notes it can seem like a lot of information being presented to you and so your own notes during the process would be helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr. Schillings was warm and easy to talk with. She was informative but also empathetic to my circumstance. I never felt like she was judging me or trying to treat me like a statistic. Never crossed my mind.
I solely had consultations as I do not have the funds to start treatment. I had blood work, urine screenings, a hysteroscopy, and laproscopy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
They were informative and promptly responded to emails, phone calls and messages.
I honestly do not recall the exact amount. Estimate 4500.
Dover
Dr. Schillings lacks a warm bedside manner, and just applies a generic treatment plan and passes you over to the nurses for everything. ... Dr. Schillings isn't very involved in the procedures that actually do occur in office, but does do surgeries at a local hospital. Retrieval and transfers are done at RMA NJ. She also doesn't work with any local urologists forcing patients to travel to the middle of NJ to meet with a urologist that is impossible to get an appointment with. She doesn't offer any support in getting appointments, and she treats patients like numbers and moves on to the next.
All major procedures performed in NJ, over 1.5 hours away. Otherwise the clinical team and nurses [RMA of Pennsylvania] are amazing and supportive. The financial team isn't on top of their game with insurance preapprovals, patients should be vigilant with that. ... Tara was amazing, she was honest but kind and provided information in an easy to understand way. She answered all my questions, eased my concerns, and celebrated when I got my positive results and ultimately graduated to a regular OB for the rest of my pregnancy.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Schillings office has a great success rate, and her clinical and nursing teams are amazing and worth dealing with Dr. Schillings for.
Dr. Schillings lacks a warm bedside manner, and just applies a generic treatment plan and passes you over to the nurses for everything. She doesn't interact with patients that much and is very rushed when she does.
IVF- Gonal- F, estrogen tablets, progesterone suppositories FET- progesterone injections and estrogen tablets I know there was more, but its been over 2 years.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
All major procedures performed in NJ, over 1.5 hours away. Otherwise the clinical team and nurses are amazing and supportive. The financial team isn't on top of their game with insurance preapprovals, patients should be vigilant with that.
On par with expectations and was laid out up front
Dr. Schillings had a strong preference for eSET since I had multiple frozen embryos