5.6

Newark, DE 19713
Dover
200 Banning Street
Dover, DE 19904

Juanita [nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania] is amazing! She is very knowledgeable and she always get back to you in the same day.... I would totally recommend this clinic to anyone...She [Dr. Schillings] is knowledgeable and willing to work with the patient based on the patient needs. She heard my wishes when I said I did not wanted genetic testing, did not want to go straight to ivf and heard my wishes about requesting to increase clomid dose and she let me do only one IUI instead of two, because that is what I wanted...She always treated me with respect and seems very knowledgeable
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She is knowledgeable and willing to work with the patient based on the patient needs. She heard my wishes when I said I did not wanted genetic testing, did not want to go straight to ivf and heard my wishes about requesting to increase clomid dose and she let me do only one IUI instead of two, because that is what I wanted.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Make sure to read a lot about the topic and treatments and come prepared with questions. Make sure to ask when you want something done, e.g. dose increase of treatment, and she will work with you and make the patient wishes as long as it is an appropriate request.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She always treated me with respect and seems very knowledgeable
Describe the protocols Wendy Schillings used in your cycles at RMA of Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Tried clomid and IUI 3 times with ovidrel trigger shot. Will be moving to gonal-f, ovidrel and IUI next cycle for at least 3 or 4 more trials prior to doing IVF. This is my request as the doctor offered IVF on the first visit but I want to try a few trials of IUI first and the Doctor was totally ok with that and she has been wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Juanita)
Juanita is amazing! She is very knowledgeable and she always get back to you in the same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
I had a great experience in this clinic so far. I am still working with them and hope I’ll get pregnant soon. I would totally recommend this clinic to anyone. Dr. Gueye is also amazing! She is so sweet and very caring! She is really good at what she does and has a lot of experience. She did one of my IUIs, she answered all my questions and called me to explain lab results. She is the most caring person and care so much about her patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania.
I have insurance so only had to do copays of $50 for ultrasounds.

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Schillings always kept us informed and never gave up on us. She always gave us our options and risks included with each procedure. She called us personally when there were any issues or sensitive subjects to cover. Dr. Schillings was the 1st of all doctors we seen that had answers for us and wanted to help us to get our miracle baby!... She was always very precatious with our treatments since I responded well to medications. She never wanted to overstimulate, but gave us the best results possible.
Every single one of the nursing staff [at RMA of PA-Allentown] was amazing!! I built strong relationships with some of them and they always had our best interest at heart. I felt like they were out biggest cheerleaders. So compassionate and supportive. I feel lucky to have had their care and support!.. All staff, including the front desk and nursing staff was always pleasant and kind. They always returned calls promptly and directed us where we needed to. We felt welcomed since the first phone to the last visit!!
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Trust her advice and be willing to do treatments you're not sure about.
All staff members knew us by name and treated us very well. Our nurse and doctor staff was sympathetic and loving. I always felt cared for in the know.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Markovich)
Every single one of the nursing staff was amazing!! I built strong relationships with some of them and they always had our best interest at heart. I felt like they were out biggest cheerleaders. So compassionate and supportive. I feel lucky to have had their care and support!
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Pennsylvania.
It was pretty convenient like a well oiled machine. Only a few times did I have to wait longer than 20 minutes when they were extra busy.
Insurance coverage with most visits were good. Our insurance coverage didn't allow IVF but they offered a Careshare program that guaranteed us a baby or our money back.

2015 - 2018, Successful
We used ivf with icsi [with Dr. Schillings]. We were unable to do a day 5 transfer as the embryos needed an extra day to develop. We later did a frozen embryo transfer...he diagnosed my husbands infertility that was overlooked at the previous facility. She showed us statistics with and without different options. We even brought my daughter in to meet her and the staff after she was born and Dr. Schillings is down to earth and She was genuinely happy to hold and take pictures with her.
They [the nurses at RMA of PA] picked you up and cheered you on but also offered an ear to listen. The compassion and understanding they showed was beyond incredible... on the walls, were the trees of hope. Each year, baby feet are stamped on the tree to indicate the numbers of babies conceived. It gives you hope to see the babies created and helps you to push along when it seems impossible
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She was beyond thorough and understanding of our situation. She diagnosed my husbands infertility that was overlooked at the previous facility. She showed us statistics with and without different options. We even brought my daughter in to meet her and the staff after she was born and Dr. Schillings is down to earth and She was genuinely happy to hold and take pictures with her. She is a blessing to all she encounters
Trust her. She is honest and sincere and you approach treatment with the same goal, a baby
I was allowed to cry and explain my feelings to my nurse; she would listen and boost me up. The entire office knew you when you walked in the door and greeted you with a smile. The office cheered you on and shared genuine emotions throughout the highs and lows of infertility
We used ivf with icsi. We were unable to do a day 5 transfer as the embryos needed an extra day to develop. We later did a frozen embryo transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: BJ)
The entire staff because family. They experienced the highs and lows of infertility. They picked you up and cheered you on but also offered an ear to listen. The compassion and understanding they showed was beyond incredible
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The office was relaxing and therapeutic, almost like a spa. The environment was private and and everything was in one location so you didn’t have to leave the building for labs or semen analysis. The staff greeted you with a smiling face and they were quick to point you in the right direction. Also on the walls, were the trees of hope. Each year, baby feet are stamped on the tree to indicate the numbers of babies conceived. It gives you hope to see the babies created and helps you to push along when it seems impossible
The cost was approximately $11,000 and meds were $3000-4000
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr schilling was very forth coming with what she thought was a good treatment plan. ... Her weakness to me would be sometimes she was rushed during morning monitoring, but in my eyes that’s expected with soo many females being monitored. ... She also was excited and happy for ya with our positive pregnancy and discharge. ... As hard as it is I did soo much better my second round of treatment for IUI, egg stimulation and retrieval, and embryo transfer because I was less stressed out with the googling every little thing.
Staff was very nice! Always welcomed patients with a hello and smile. ... A medication for my trigger shot wasn’t ordered. The only reason it was caught was because I was looking ahead at my medications. ... I felt like a human most times at RMA. It was hard during morning monitoring with bloodwork and ultrasounds. It could be a rushed process at times, but the staff was very caring! ...
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr schilling was very forth coming with what she thought was a good treatment plan. She also was excited and happy for ya with our positive pregnancy and discharge. Her weakness to me would be sometimes she was rushed during morning monitoring, but in my eyes that’s expected with soo many females being monitored.
To go with the treatment plan and try not to question every detail. Things work out! As hard as it is I did soo much better my second round of treatment for IUI, egg stimulation and retrieval, and embryo transfer because I was less stressed out with the googling every little thing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
She was very prompt with answering questions and somedays I had a ton. She was positive at times when things were hard. She always maintained a positive attitude! Great nurse!
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Staff was very nice! Always welcomed patients with a hello and smile. Very supportive staff!!!!!They made bad days better with their smiles and positivity :) .....,.,..................................
Careshare program $32000, but the best thing we did without the careshare program we wouldn’t be expecting our baby in June! We also did two IUI cycles which were $300 a day x2 days.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
A medication for my trigger shot wasn’t ordered. The only reason it was caught was because I was looking ahead at my medications. The nurse was very quick to rectify he situation and was very apologetic!
Allentown
Dr. Shillings provides excellent care as an RE. She knew exactly what treatments to provide to have the best response of having strong embryos. I wish she was a little more open to non traditional causes of RPL specifically around autoimmune. We have had 2 FET, both resulting in strong early pregnancy only to miscarry at 8 weeks. We are finally making adjustments for the 3rd FET but I wish she was open to more adjustments such as predisone treatment or intralipids.
The morning monitoring hours [at RMA of PA] are extremely convenient and allowed me to work around my work schedule. I never felt like a number but at the same time there was efficiency during the morning monitoring. My egg retrieval procedure at RMA of NJ along with the FETs were all smooth and seamless. i would highly recommend RMA as a first line RE. If things begin to get more complex such as RPL with PGS tested embryos another clinic may need to be engaged.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She's an excellent doctor and genuinely wants success for you.
Dr. Shillings always takes the time to listen to me and my concerns. Empathetic during our process and lots of follow-up and discussions. The nurse staff as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
RMA has a very high success rate and several locations on the Northeast. The morning monitoring hours are extremely convenient and allowed me to work around my work schedule. I never felt like a number but at the same time there was efficiency during the morning monitoring. My egg retrieval procedure at RMA of NJ along with the FETs were all smooth and seamless. i would highly recommend RMA as a first line RE. If things begin to get more complex such as RPL with PGS tested embryos another clinic may need to be engaged.
AM appointments were ideal for me and extremely efficient without feeling rushed or like a number.
Egg Retrieval around 12,000. Genetic testing 2500. FET 4,500 per transfer.
Describe Wendy Schillings's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Pennsylvania.
Very strong preference on eSET which I agree with. The risk with multiples is so high and after 2 miscarriages I don't want to risk added complications.
Allentown

She [Dr. Wendy Schillings] is such a supportive doctor. She really cares about every detail and she is a very personal doctor that I tell everything to. She builds a connection with each one of her patients, and isn’t afraid to tell you what you need to be told so that we can understand fully what is happening with my body. She is such a sweet doctor...She made it a mission to talk to us every appointment, and always made sure I was feeling okay. She was so supportive and felt like a mother figure.
As soon as I walk into the clinic [RMA of PA], I know I’m going to be taken care of with compassion. My nurse was always available and was super organized. She would call me and you could hear in her voice how compassionate she was. She has very loving responses and she felt like a big sister to me. Their whole team at RMA of PA were so aware of my feelings and emotions of not being able to conceive.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She was very compassionate, and really took the time to listen to my concerns and questions. She covered everything and helped my husband and I understand fully what was going on and why things weren’t working correctly. She is very blunt and I admire that about her because it’s important that we really get down to the details so she can better assist us with our set backs. She made it a mission to talk to us every appointment, and always made sure I was feeling okay. She was so supportive and felt like a mother figure.
I would say, prepare to listen. She is very detailed and knows exactly what she is talking about. Prepare to get emotional because she is very straight forward, but that is something I appreciate.
She is such a supportive doctor. She really cares about every detail and she is a very personal doctor that I tell everything to. She builds a connection with each one of her patients, and isn’t afraid to tell you what you need to be told so that we can understand fully what is happening with my body. She is such a sweet doctor.
She decided to an ultrasound immediately after I told her about my past history with period pains and long cycles. She found 3 cysts, and wanted to do surgery right away. She knew it was endometriosis and she ended up being right. She performed the surgery perfectly and really took her time to explain what was going on in my reproductive area after the surgery. Months after this surgery, she did another ultrasound to check if the cysts were completely gone.. and they were but she found hydrosalpinx in my right tube and she requested to do another surgery to remove it. She prescribed birth control to help thing my uterine lining to check for fibrosis, and during the surgery she found a non cancerous fibroids and removed it. She also removed the hydrosalpinx. After the surgeries she took her time and was very detailed and told me I have scar tissue around my ovaries, and she talked about what to do next and she decided we would have to do IVF. My heart broke because I knew how expensive it was going to be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Marcovich)
As soon as I walk into the clinic, I know I’m going to be taken care of with compassion. My nurse was always available and was super organized. She would call me and you could hear in her voice how compassionate she was. She has very loving responses and she felt like a big sister to me. Their whole team at RMA of PA were so aware of my feelings and emotions of not being able to conceive.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
When you walk into this clinic, it’s like a warm, loving house. You know that right away they understand what you are going through, and they are so quick to help you feel better about the future. I walk in and immediately there is someone to help you and attend to your needs. They are understanding, willing and amazing listeners.
My first surgery was a laporscopic and it costed 3,000$. My second surgery for hydrosalpinx was around 3,000$ as well. My doctor also had me do a HSG which costed 600$. I never had to pay a co pay, my insurance was very good.
She told us we have a low chance of concieving on our own and that our only chance is IVF. She told me I had amazing eggs, and that I have great progesterone, except my uterus, ovaries and Fallopian tubes were the issue.
Allentown

Dr. Schillings made me feel comfortable from day one. She took my thoughts and feelings into account. ... Multiple semen analysis and antibody testing done to determine why my husband's morphology and motility was so low. HSG to checked for blocked tubes. Laposcopy to Check for endometriosis and then surgery that same time to remove it when it was found. She suspected I had it based on my scenario and family history.
The clinic's [RMA of PA-Allentown] strengths are how comfortable you feel. It is set up like a spa and everyone is extremely friendly. I felt a personal connection with one of the nurses and the front desk even referred me to a new gyno that I really love. The clinic is extremely fast in getting paperwork back to me. The only thing that I didn't love was how easy it was to get ahold of my nurse and the billing and finance department.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Schillings made me feel comfortable from day one. She took my thoughts and feelings into account. I think the only weakness is that because IVF is more of the guaranteed pregnancy, she pushed for that earlier than I would have liked. It was also somewhat hard to schedule surgeries because she only does them one day a week. However, I was completely satisfied with her and would recommend her to friends and family.
Another doctor told me that I would know when I was ready for IVF and that I would just feel the timing was right. It took me a few months to get that feeling. I would suggest that she use this tactic and not push IVF or IUI until a patient is ready.
Dr. Schilling always remembered my name, scenario, and my wishes. She made me feel comfortable, especially during my procedure to remove endometriosis. She also took into account that I believed I had it, even though a previous doctor asked convinced I did not.
My nurse was BJ. She was excellent at communication and would call me as soon as any news came in.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic's strengths are how comfortable you feel. It is set up like a spa and everyone is extremely friendly. I felt a personal connection with one of the nurses and the front desk even referred me to a new gyno that I really love. The clinic is extremely fast in getting paperwork back to me. The only thing that I didn't love was how easy it was to get ahold of my nurse and the billing and finance department.
$150 for sperm analysis that we needed three of. $4000 for laparoscopy and HSG. $500 for genetic testing and counseling for each person $150 for each ultrasound. (I had three)
Not at this time. I will have questions in the near future.
Allentown

My uterine lining was not getting as thick as she [Dr. Wendy Schillings] wanted it to while on meds and she personally let me know she was heading to a doctors meeting at RMANJ and would discuss my case with the other physicians. She provided them with my case, including ultrasounds and test results, and as a team they agreed we should go through with my transfer.
I had a designated nurse [at RMA of PA- Allentown] who I reported to and could call or email with any questions. Tara was always pleasant when I would call and she would promptly respond to any emails I sent. During our initial consultation I was told exactly who I would have in the room with me at each appointment. It would either be the doctor, my nurse, or the IVF coordinator, all of whom I met with. Post testing and prior to beginning medications, we had an hour long pre-IVF consultation where we discussed the process in detail, asked all of our questions, and were made to feel completely comfortable with our decision.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Schillings was warm and kind during our initial consultation. She obviously took the time to review our case and was very honest while explaining our chances of success with different options. I always felt like I was in good hands and our FET cycle furthered my great respect for her. My uterine lining was not getting as thick as she wanted it to while on meds and she personally let me know she was heading to a doctors meeting at RMANJ and would discuss my case with the other physicians. She provided them with my case, including ultrasounds and test results, and as a team they agreed we should go through with my transfer. My beautiful, healthy 13 month old son is thanks to her taking the time and initiative to look into my case further rather than sticking to a textbook reference range and cancelling my transfer.
Write down all of your questions and ask them all. This is your future, your body, and your money. You are not bothering anyone but getting yourself adequately informed. She is happy to help!
My husband and I refer to RMAPA as simply “fantastic”. Dr. Schillings and the staff are knowledgeable, professional, kind, and extremely gifted when it comes to patient support. I had a designated nurse who I reported to and could call or email with any questions. During our initial consultation I was told exactly who I would have in the room with me at each appointment. It would either be the doctor, my nurse, or the IVF coordinator, all of whom I met with. Post testing and prior to beginning medications, we had an hour long pre-IVF consultation where we discussed the process in detail, asked all of our questions, and were made to feel completely comfortable with our decision. All of this was a stark contrast from the 2 previous clinics we had been to. We always felt confused and blown off at the other places so this level of patient support absolutely blew us away. The most notable part of my experience with RMAPA was during my FET cycle when my uterine lining was not reaching the desired thickness. Dr. Schillings personally let me know she was heading to a doctors meeting at RMANJ and would discuss my case with the other physicians. She provided them with my case, including ultrasounds and test results, and as a team they agreed we should go through with my transfer. My beautiful, healthy 13 month old son is thanks to her taking the time and initiative to look into my case further rather than sticking to a textbook reference range and cancelling my transfer. Their success rate speaks for itself but as a satisfied patient I must add that I cannot recommend RMAPA enough.
I don’t remember the specific strategy and drugs used. She recommended embryo retrieval with a freeze all cycle to reduce the risk OHSS and allow time for PGD testing. Their clinics high success rates are due to this protocol and performing FET rather than fresh transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara M)
I had a designated nurse who I reported to and could call or email with any questions. Tara was always pleasant when I would call and she would promptly respond to any emails I sent. During our initial consultation I was told exactly who I would have in the room with me at each appointment. It would either be the doctor, my nurse, or the IVF coordinator, all of whom I met with. Post testing and prior to beginning medications, we had an hour long pre-IVF consultation where we discussed the process in detail, asked all of our questions, and were made to feel completely comfortable with our decision. All of this was a stark contrast from the 2 previous clinics we had been to. We always felt confused and blown off at the other places so this level of patient support absolutely blew us away.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic was clean, in an easy to get to location, and was located in a general office building convenient to the freeway. It’s open 365 days a year and I never had to wait long for appointments or lab work. The morning lab work is first come first served which some may not like but I preferred.
There was a couple of hours in the morning to come in for monitoring. You signed in and then waited in the waiting room. Coffee and water was available. The longest I ever waited was 30 minutes but usually it was only 10 minutes.
This is purely from memory, I think the testing, retrieval, ICSI, PGD, and freeze all cycle cost around $22,000 while the FET was around $3000
Our doctor had a strong preference to transfer 1 embryo. The clinics success rates are high and she prefers 1 healthy pregnancy rather than the struggles and risks a twin pregnancy can provide.
Allentown

We had planned to do 3 IUIs but after two failed we went right to IVF. Dr. Schillings did let us know that our chances for an IUI to work given my condition was slim but it was worth a shot for a less invasive method. She was happy to start IVF per my request after two attempts. We planned a fresh cycle but given my high leveles we went to a frozen transfer. Which was much easier on my body as she said it would be.
Strengths would be great communication, friendliness and making you feel comfortable. We loved the tree of life that we got to stamp at our graduation day. One weakness would be is that sometimes they [RMA] take for granted what you may or may not know about the medications. I felt like I needed to watch videos about administering the IVf stim shots.... Morning monitoring hours were first come first serve basis but any concerns were still addressed .
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She showed compassion and understanding. Made me feel relaxed and that I was going to hold my baby in my arms. The first time I met her, I cried in her office and she gave me a hug and took me under her wing. I was sad to graduate from her clinic.
Have trust in Wendy, she knows what she is doing.
I felt like she knew me and our story and wanted to help us get that happy ending.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: BJ Witkus )
BJ was a great communicator, both with phone calls and emails. All the staff I saw while at RMA was great!
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Strengths would be great communication, friendliness and making you feel comfortable. We loved the tree of life that we got to stamp at our graduation day. One weakness would be is that sometimes they take for granted what you may or may not know about the medications. I felt like I needed to watch videos about administering the IVf stim shots.
Morning monitoring hours were first come first serve basis but any concerns were still addressed . I never felt rushed out, even on weekends and holidays.
We had to pay for copays, medicine and additional services such as acupuncture, PGD tests etc.
Was happy she suggested just one after we did PGD testing.
Allentown
I appreciated the fact that Wendy [Schillings] sat with us from our very first meeting and took the time to hear our history, our plans/goals, and fears. I particularly was impressed that she called me personally after I miscarried on our first transfer; she recommended we proceed to a frozen transfer with our last remaining embryo rather than do another retrieval which I was ready to do (had a huge fear that the frozen wouldn't work and then we would have wasted more time while my eggs were "younger"). Any doctor could have "upsold" me to do another retrieval, but she provided me with data regarding frozen transfer success rates and really helped calm me down and feel like we were on the right path.
[The nurses at RMA of Pennsylvania are] not super warm and fuzzy, but direct...Monitoring was 7-8:30. First one to sign in was seen first and so on. Very efficient. I never waited more than 15 minutes to be seen...Also, Christine (lab work) is a gem. She is the "warm fuzzy" and counselor of the practice and I love her for it...Dr. Schillings KNOWS her stuff and she is candid. I like candid. She isn't super warm and fuzzy, but she doesn't lack all bedside manner either. If you want success and not a cheerleader, this is where you go.
Go here.
I appreciated the fact that Wendy sat with us from our very first meeting and took the time to hear our history, our plans/goals, and fears. I particularly was impressed that she called me personally after I miscarried on our first transfer; she recommended we proceed to a frozen transfer with our last remaining embryo rather than do another retrieval which I was ready to do (had a huge fear that the frozen wouldn't work and then we would have wasted more time while my eggs were "younger"). Any doctor could have "upsold" me to do another retrieval, but she provided me with data regarding frozen transfer success rates and really helped calm me down and feel like we were on the right path.
I do not recall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Juanita Kaness)
Again---not super warm and fuzzy, but direct. In this process, you need to be able to have someone tell it like it is, explain procedures, etc. It's emotional enough. You don't need someone sugarcoating anything in my opinion.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
This clinic is a quiet beast of success. DO YOUR RESEARCH. Go where you have the best chance. It's small, but mighty. Don't be wooed by the big guns who DO NOT perform as well. Also, Christine (lab work) is a gem. She is the "warm fuzzy" and counselor of the practice and I love her for it.
Not factoring in travel costs, roughly $12,000.
They prefer to transfer single embryos, but will transfer up to 2 at your request. We chose 2 initially.
2011 - 2013, Successful
She presented all of the information and risks, talked about multiple options and made she we left with everything we needed to make decisions. After we decided on the path forward, Dr. Schillings met with us to develop a schedule and we also saw her on most visits afterwards. She always answered our questions and gave us the play by play on progress.... I have PCOS and clomid was not effective. IUI was presented as the optimal choice to obtain pregnancy efficiently.
RMAofPA was such a great place to receive treatment. The ambiance was relaxing. Each area had appropriate level of privacy. They had pictures of the successful pregnancies. Signs of hope were everywhere!... RMA provided financial counseling, which helped us sort through financial questions and potential costs.... Tara was the best nurse I ever worked with. She was extremely thorough. She responded quickly to all questions. She checked in frequently.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
We did a lot of research before choosing a fertility dr. Dr. Schillings came highly recommended from a few of our friends. This first visit was extremely nerve wracking for us. Dr. Schillings immediately helped by opening with casual conversation. At no point did we feel we would not leave RMA without a pregnancy. She presented all of the information and risks, talked about multiple options and made she we left with everything we needed to make decisions. After we decided on the path forward, Dr. Schillings met with us to develop a schedule and we also saw her on most visits afterwards. She always answered our questions and gave us the play by play on progress. We were pregnant on the first IUI cycle with both children. She is extremely knowledgeable and I would highly recommend her to others!
Do some homework before your appointment so you feel prepared to talk through options. That will help in preventing that overwhelming feeling!
Dr. Schillings spent time with both my husband and I, explaining all options. She was interested in us adding to our family, not just a positive pregnancy test to meet a statistic. She even spent time with us after having both children. We were extremely pleased with the care we were given.
IUI was used in both pregnancies. I have PCOS and clomid was not effective. IUI was presented as the optimal choice to obtain pregnancy efficiently.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
I am fortunate to have great insurance, so many costs were covered. RMA provided financial counseling, which helped us sort through financial questions and potential costs.
Allentown

[Dr. Wendy Schillings] took the time to explain things multiple times to my husband and I...she helped keep us calm. We received hand drawn examples and timelines to make everything clear as well...I have PCOS and my husband has low sperm count. It was first recommended we start with meds and timed intercourse, however after the semen analysis, we were advised to IUI treatments...adjusted med dosage and timing
[RMA of Pennsylvania] was very inviting, staff were always friendly and personable. Exam rooms and lab area always very clean, and efficient. For morning monitoring hours, getting patients in and out ran like a well oiled machine...absolutely loved my nurse Tara! She always kept me updated on news or changes and explained things thoroughly...office staff made it very easy to pay portions of my balance while there for appointments
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Every step was well explained, she took the time to explain things multiple times to my husband and I. As expected we were both very anxious and nervous but she helped keep us calm. We received hand drawn examples and timelines to make everything clear as well.
Trust her expertise, don’t give up on yourself if it doesn’t work on the first round.
We developed a nice report as patient and Dr, and each visit felt personal.
I have PCOS and my husband has low sperm count. It was first recommended we start with meds and timed intercourse, however after the semen analysis, we were advised to IUI treatments. As each of our IUI’s failed to result in pregnancy, Dr. Schillings adjusted med dosage and timing. We were able to better track my body’s ovulation patterns and best average cycle days for triggering.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Marakovich )
I absolutely loved my nurse Tara! She always kept me updated on news or changes and explained things thoroughly.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic was very inviting, staff were always friendly and personable. Exam rooms and lab area always very clean, and efficient. For morning monitoring hours, getting patients in and out ran like a well oiled machine.
Due to my health insurance policy I had a copay for each visit unless it was for just lab work (which I then had lab bills for). I also had OOP expenses for each ultrasound, semen analysis, semen wash for IUI and procedure fees. The office staff made it very easy to pay portions of my balance while there for appointments.
Allentown

She [Dr. Wendy Schillings] is very compassionate and understanding. She makes sure you are both on the same page every step of the way. She lets you know her own concerns with certain things as well as always wanting to know yours.... She does all the testing possible before deciding the best course of action. She also does not make you do things over and over again if they clearly are not working she then moves onto the next step of the plan.
It [RMA of PA-Allentown] is a very calming environment. Everyone is extremely nice and they all get to know you and someway all know each individual patients scenario. They are all very compassionate as well and are always making sure you are ok even if it is just checking out after a visit... ara is absolutely amazing. She is so sweet and always making sure that you are ok every step of the way.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She is very compassionate and understanding. She makes sure you are both on the same page every step of the way. She lets you know her own concerns with certain things as well as always wanting to know yours.
Take it all day by day and that she is always there to help.
They are always calling to check on you and make sure you fully understand what is going on every step of the way
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Markovich )
Tara is absolutely amazing. She is so sweet and always making sure that you are ok every step of the way.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
It is a very calming environment. Everyone is extremely nice and they all get to know you and someway all know each individual patients scenario. They are all very compassionate as well and are always making sure you are ok even if it is just checking out after a visit
It was a decent span of time which was perfect to not have to take time off of work. I was able to wake up a little earlier on those days and still make it to work in time.
It is expensive in general to do fertility treatments but after doing some research they all seem to be similar to others.
I wanted to transfer multiple and she let me know her opinion and concerns but ultimately let me make my own final decision
Allentown

Upon meeting Dr. Schillings, I knew we had made the right choice in switching clinics. Dr. Schillings was honest about our fertility problems, but seemed hopeful that we would conceive with the right course of treatment. She and the RMA team remained dedicated to us (sending occasional cards and thank you notes, and showing kindness during our more difficult moments). After two donor embryo transfers (one ending in a chemical pregnancy), I am expecting my first child (due in September)...
After our first nurse [at RMA of PA] resigned, we were transferred to the excellent Kelly Hill. Kelly is the "third party" nurse, and she works out of RMA NJ (so we never met her personally), but she was conscientious, and promptly returned all of our calls. I can't speak more highly about our experience with Kelly. She's fantastic...Our previous nurse failed to call us with results once or twice (She was out of the office often), but that stopped as soon as we got a new nurse...
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
We came to Dr. Schillings after a number of negative experience with another fertility clinic. Upon meeting Dr. Schillings, I knew we had made the right choice in switching clinics. Dr. Schillings was honest about our fertility problems, but seemed hopeful that we would conceive with the right course of treatment. She and the RMA team remained dedicated to us (sending occasional cards and thank you notes, and showing kindness during our more difficult moments). After two donor embryo transfers (one ending in a chemical pregnancy), I am expecting my first child (due in September).
Dr. Schillings is warm, engaging, and knowledgable. She was honest about our likelihood of becoming pregnant without assistance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Hill)
After our first nurse resigned, we were transferred to the excellent Kelly Hill. Kelly is the "third party" nurse, and she works out of RMA NJ (so we never met her personally), but she was conscientious, and promptly returned all of our calls. I can't speak more highly about our experience with Kelly. She's fantastic.
Dr. Schilling's had a strong preference for a single embryo transfer especially after the embryos had PGD testing.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Schillings took the time to explain things in detail and answered a multitude of questions....he took every precaution and explained everything in great detail. I had an injury to my neck many years ago and before we proceeded she needed some additional testing on that to ensure I wouldn't be in any danger should I get pregnant. She was very compassionate towards my feelings and didn't make me feel like I was just a number. I couldn't be more happier to have a had treatment with Dr. Schillings.
Everything about RMAPA is great, from the front desk to the finance dept. Very well organized and the relaxing atmosphere when you walk in makes you feel less stressed. Every staff member that I've come in contact with has been pleasant and helpful in one way or another and I couldn't be more pleased...The nursing staff in general is fantastic, my nurse Bj was exceptional. She was very prompt and attentive to my needs and made my experience with RMA a great one.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She took every precaution and explained everything in great detail. I had an injury to my neck many years ago and before we proceeded she needed some additional testing on that to ensure I wouldn't be in any danger should I get pregnant. She was very compassionate towards my feelings and didn't make me feel like I was just a number. I couldn't be more happier to have a had treatment with Dr. Schillings. Even during my first cycle when things didn't go so well she was there to keep our spirits up and encouraged us to do one more cycle and it was worth it.
This process is a very difficult and challenging one, remember to lean on your support staff, husband, partner and family if you need to. Don't give up even when you feel defeated and always as questions if you're unsure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Bobbie Jean Witkus)
The nursing staff in general is fantastic, my nurse Bj was exceptional. She was very prompt and attentive to my needs and made my experience with RMA a great one. I will most definitely refer family and friends if they ask.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Schillings always appeared very informative and although she would give the information to us straight, she had good bed-side manner...Dr. Schillings and all of the staff of RMA remembered me and my husband by name each time I would come in for any type of visit. I was treated with respect and they always were patient with me...
There are not enough good things I can say about BJ and all of the staff of RMA. They are compassionate and it is very evident how much they care about what they do. When I found out that I had my 4th miscarriage at my OB's office, I went straight to RMA and BJ welcomed me with open arms and empathy. She took me in and agreed to even help get me another ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage. There were several times throughout my care at RMA, that I was very anxious and would call BJ. She was never impatient with me but always took the time to answer my questions and help to ease my anxiety...
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Trust her and the RMA team.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Amazing staff - all are intelligent, caring and empathetic! Because they are a larger office, they offer a lot of services that other small offices are not able to.
The costs of RMA do seem to be a little bit more than at other nearby places such as the SHER institute, however I do feel it is worth it. I was fortunate that most of the services were covered under my insurance.
2013 - 2017, Successful
[Dr. Wendy Schillings was] Extremely talented and knowledgeable in her field! Detail oriented and honest! I have spoken very highly of her and her success rate for IVF! I am blessed to have had such an amazing woman helping me through one of the most challenging times of my life!...compassionate and supportive! Was there for me every step of the way!
Staff [at RMA of PA] was compassionate and supportive! Was there for me every step of the way!...Very clean and relaxing! A positive atmosphere and welcoming staff! Very organized and operates like a well oiled machine! Very knowledgeable and professional! Always helpful and efficient! They are great!...BJ [nurse] was so caring and supportive! I felt I could be honest and open about my fertility struggles. BJ listened to me and showed empathy for my experience! I’m so grateful to have had BJ in my fertility journey!
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Patience and faith in the process will get you to the blessing you always wanted!
Staff was compassionate and supportive! Was there for me every step of the way!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: BJ )
BJ was so caring and supportive! I felt I could be honest and open about my fertility struggles. BJ listened to me and showed empathy for my experience! I’m so grateful to have had BJ in my fertility journey!
Overall out of pocket $10k
Multiple embryo transfers can produce multiples and that is considered more high risk. A single embryo transfer is less likely to yield a singleton and more health for Mom and pregnancy.
Allentown

We are thrilled with the results after being treated by Dr. Schillings, but the Dr. herself has very limited contact with the patients - you deal almost exclusively with the nursing staff (who are great) - just don't expect a lot of interaction with Dr. Schillings...Dr. Schillings herself was not very responsive and definitely preferred that you communicate only with the nurses and not her directly...
Very organized [at RMA of Pennsylvania], quick to get results back to you, easy morning monitoring hours...We went right to IVF after finding my husband had a low sperm count. First IVF was intended to be a fresh transfer but had to be changed to a freeze-all cycle as the blastocysts were too slow to be transferred on day 5. Did a frozen transfer on the next available cycle and got a viable pregnancy...Nursing staff was excellent. Spoke to my primary nurse nearly every day on the phone.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Get to know your nursing staff - they will be your best friends
Treatment by nurses was very personal and individualized. Dr. Schillings herself was not very responsive and definitely preferred that you communicate only with the nurses and not her directly
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Very organized, quick to get results back to you, easy morning monitoring hours.
Monitoring hours were every morning. Convenient for me because I could go before work. The earlier you get there, the less of a wait.
approx $20K
We were encouraged to do a single transfer, which was a good decision for us
2012 - 2013, Successful
[Dr. Wendy Schillings] Used clomid to make sure I ovulated. Would check how many follicles were ready and then use progesterone shots. Then went in for IUI. Had my husbands speed washed and prepared. Did the IUI. Would start on progesterone capsules after IUI to hopefully keep the pregnancy.... She walked me through every step and made sure I knew what to expect. After every negative result she would spend time to make sure I knew what happened.
[RMA of PA-Allentown is a] Very relaxing environment. Always kept the patients moving when we would be there for blood work. Also came in early when my husband had to go to work so that we wouldn't miss a cycle. They really got to know you even if they weren't your primary nurse. Kept you informed at every step... Tara [a nurse] always answered and questions I had. She also would call as soon as she had results. She even remembered what number to call me at depending on if I was at work.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
I loved her. She was so assuring during my time there. I have told anyone that has an issue to go to her. I have sent 6 couples to her. She walked me through every step and made sure I knew what to expect. After every negative result she would spend time to make sure I knew what happened.
Be patient
She was very caring and listened to what I would say
Tara always answered and questions I had. She also would call as soon as she had results. She even remembered what number to call me at depending on if I was at work.
Allentown
I was very happy with my care with Dr. Schillings. I had a tough diagnosis but she did not give up until she discovered the issue and now I have a beautiful almost one year old boy! I would definitely recommend her to my family and friends....She spent time with me to try to figure out why I had two miscarriages....I had a hysteroscopy to correct a septate uterus....I felt like everyone [at RMA of PA] knew me and was excited for me to succeed.
The office [RMA] was very clean, organized and calming. The staff was welcoming and knowledgeable about my care and followed up with me. I was there often and I felt like everyone knew me and was excited for me to succeed...They were expensive but worth every cent....They [nursing staff] were all wonderful....I was very happy with my care with Dr. Schillings. I had a tough diagnosis but she did not give up until she discovered the issue
Don't give up!
She spent time with me to try to figure out why I had two miscarriages.
I had a hysteroscopy to correct a septate uterus.
They were all wonderful.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The office was very clean, organized and calming. The staff was welcoming and knowledgeable about my care and followed up with me. I was there often and I felt like everyone knew me and was excited for me to succeed.
They were expensive but worth every cent.
Allentown

Dr schillings was very clear in the things she was explaining. Always paused and made sure we understood before moving on. Gave us clear direction in the things we needed to do to have a baby. Also recommended counseling due to our situation which was very helpful...She spent plenty of time with me and my husband explaining everything and getting to know us
Everyone in the [RADfertility-Newark] office has always been very sweet and kind. Never had an issue with anyone...The only thing I would say is to have more follow ups with the clients. To either check up or see if they are okay with proceeding with treatments. Sometimes it feels that your situation may not be as important as something going through IVF
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Ask all the questions you need to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Describe the protocols Wendy Schillings used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
I haven’t gone through an IUI just yet but all the testing we did was to ensure my reproductive system was working. Although I still have pain and have not gone through the surgery to diagnose endometriosis, I’m glad to know all the other tests were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
Everyone in the office has always been very sweet and kind. Never had an issue with anyone!
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
When we first started my insurance paid a good amount but we still have spent over 1,000 dollars in testing. Since 2020 started I have a new insurance that does not cover fertility and will be spending about 2-3k on treatments
Describe Wendy Schillings's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
We did not discuss this
Newark

Dr Schillings has welcomed us with open arms from the very beginning. Any question or insecurity we had was answered and reassured. She lets you know that she cares about each and every one of her patients and that you are not just a number.... When we left the office that first day we really felt like we had an understanding of everything that was about to happen... just know that she genuinely does care!
The clinic [RAD Fertility] overall is great! Typically, any question or concern that someone may have will be answered in a timely matter. They really do make you feel like family. I feel as if they treat everyone who walks in there that way. My partner and I are part of the LGBTQ community and we were not treated any different then a heterosexual couple. It’s a truly wonderful feeling when you are trying to have a baby and those involved in that with you are accepting of you and kind!
Dr Schillings answered all of our questions at our initial consultation and always made us feel like we were family. When we left the office that first day we really felt like we had an understanding of everything that was about to happen. Our first round of IVF was a failure, but she was very compassionate!
Go in with a positive attitude, ask questions, and just know that she genuinely does care!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorry )
Our coordinator along with the other coordinators and nursing team in itself are very kind people. We have not once stepped in that office and been treated badly. Everyone is super friendly, informative, and there is just such a good vibe in the office!
The clinic overall is great! Typically, any question or concern that someone may have will be answered in a timely matter. They really do make you feel like family. I feel as if they treat everyone who walks in there that way. My partner and I are part of the LGBTQ community and we were not treated any different then a heterosexual couple. It’s a truly wonderful feeling when you are trying to have a baby and those involved in that with you are accepting of you and kind!
We fortunately have very good insurance that covered a lot of the first cycle. We are currently waiting to start our second cycle, as it was halted due to COVID19. That is our last covered cycle by insurance.
Dover