5.6

200 Banning Street
Dover, DE 19904

2020 - 2021, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
She [Dr. Schillings] is easy to ask any questions and she will make sure you understood...standard procedure up to failed Transfer.Egg retrieval then frozen transfer. Then more test was ordered after failed one to ensure the second transfer would be successful. We found out I have enlarged pituitary gland that prevent that successful transfer.I was prescribed the medication to lower the level of prolactin...
[RADfertility] On the portal, you will get any question or request answered with in a day. After hour there is on call doctor and they will respond to you with in 3 hours or less. They are really good at communicating with the patients...Cost was upfront that no surprising charges...This clinic will only transfer single embryo...She [Dr. Schillings] is easy to ask any questions and she will make sure you understood...
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
She explained the procedure/test before it was performed. She was compassionate. When I had failed transfer she made sure there was a hope and encourage me to keep going. Also suggested other tests to be done prior to my second transfer to make sure that would go smoothly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
She is easy to ask any questions and she will make sure you understood. So ask as many questions if you are unsure about anything.
Describe the protocols Wendy Schillings used in your cycles at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware) and their degree of success.
I had pretty much standard procedure up to failed Transfer.Egg retrieval then frozen transfer. Then more test was ordered after failed one to ensure the second transfer would be successful. We found out I have enlarged pituitary gland that prevent that successful transfer.I was prescribed the medication to lower the level of prolactin.
Describe your experience with RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
Cost was upfront that no surprising charges.
Describe Wendy Schillings's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
This clinic will only transfer single embryo.

2020 - 2021, Consult
Dr. Schillings was warm and easy to talk with. She was informative but also empathetic to my circumstance. I never felt like she was judging me or trying to treat me like a statistic...had a consultation with Dr. Schillings to discuss the results from my laproscopy. I had to take the appointment in the middle of my grandfathers. She was patient while [I] bounced back and forth. The only weakness was having to drive to Newark for my Laproacopy.
For strengths I felt like everyone was warm and inviting. No one was difficult to talk with. For weaknesses it is a lot of different people to have to interact with. I'm thankful for the portal but at times felt confused on who to talk to...[the RADfertility nurses] were informative and promptly responded to emails, phone calls and messages...
As strengths Dr. Schillings was informative, supportive, and understanding. I partially caretake for my grandfather since my grandmother died. I had a consultation with Dr. Schillings to discuss the results from my laproscopy. I had to take the appointment in the middle of my grandfathers. She was patient while K bounced back and forth. The only weakness was having to drive to Newark for my Laproacopy.
Take notes it can seem like a lot of information being presented to you and so your own notes during the process would be helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Schillings at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware)?
Dr. Schillings was warm and easy to talk with. She was informative but also empathetic to my circumstance. I never felt like she was judging me or trying to treat me like a statistic. Never crossed my mind.
I solely had consultations as I do not have the funds to start treatment. I had blood work, urine screenings, a hysteroscopy, and laproscopy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware).
They were informative and promptly responded to emails, phone calls and messages.
I honestly do not recall the exact amount. Estimate 4500.
Dover

[Dr. Wendy Schillings] took the time to explain things multiple times to my husband and I...she helped keep us calm. We received hand drawn examples and timelines to make everything clear as well...I have PCOS and my husband has low sperm count. It was first recommended we start with meds and timed intercourse, however after the semen analysis, we were advised to IUI treatments...adjusted med dosage and timing
[RMA of Pennsylvania] was very inviting, staff were always friendly and personable. Exam rooms and lab area always very clean, and efficient. For morning monitoring hours, getting patients in and out ran like a well oiled machine...absolutely loved my nurse Tara! She always kept me updated on news or changes and explained things thoroughly...office staff made it very easy to pay portions of my balance while there for appointments
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Every step was well explained, she took the time to explain things multiple times to my husband and I. As expected we were both very anxious and nervous but she helped keep us calm. We received hand drawn examples and timelines to make everything clear as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Trust her expertise, don’t give up on yourself if it doesn’t work on the first round.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
We developed a nice report as patient and Dr, and each visit felt personal.
Describe the protocols Wendy Schillings used in your cycles at RMA of Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and my husband has low sperm count. It was first recommended we start with meds and timed intercourse, however after the semen analysis, we were advised to IUI treatments. As each of our IUI’s failed to result in pregnancy, Dr. Schillings adjusted med dosage and timing. We were able to better track my body’s ovulation patterns and best average cycle days for triggering.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Marakovich )
I absolutely loved my nurse Tara! She always kept me updated on news or changes and explained things thoroughly.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic was very inviting, staff were always friendly and personable. Exam rooms and lab area always very clean, and efficient. For morning monitoring hours, getting patients in and out ran like a well oiled machine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania.
Due to my health insurance policy I had a copay for each visit unless it was for just lab work (which I then had lab bills for). I also had OOP expenses for each ultrasound, semen analysis, semen wash for IUI and procedure fees. The office staff made it very easy to pay portions of my balance while there for appointments.
Allentown

Dr schillings was very clear in the things she was explaining. Always paused and made sure we understood before moving on. Gave us clear direction in the things we needed to do to have a baby. Also recommended counseling due to our situation which was very helpful...She spent plenty of time with me and my husband explaining everything and getting to know us
Everyone in the [RADfertility-Newark] office has always been very sweet and kind. Never had an issue with anyone...The only thing I would say is to have more follow ups with the clients. To either check up or see if they are okay with proceeding with treatments. Sometimes it feels that your situation may not be as important as something going through IVF
Ask all the questions you need to.
I haven’t gone through an IUI just yet but all the testing we did was to ensure my reproductive system was working. Although I still have pain and have not gone through the surgery to diagnose endometriosis, I’m glad to know all the other tests were normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Theresa )
Everyone in the office has always been very sweet and kind. Never had an issue with anyone!
When we first started my insurance paid a good amount but we still have spent over 1,000 dollars in testing. Since 2020 started I have a new insurance that does not cover fertility and will be spending about 2-3k on treatments
We did not discuss this
Newark

Dr Schillings has welcomed us with open arms from the very beginning. Any question or insecurity we had was answered and reassured. She lets you know that she cares about each and every one of her patients and that you are not just a number.... When we left the office that first day we really felt like we had an understanding of everything that was about to happen... just know that she genuinely does care!
The clinic [RAD Fertility] overall is great! Typically, any question or concern that someone may have will be answered in a timely matter. They really do make you feel like family. I feel as if they treat everyone who walks in there that way. My partner and I are part of the LGBTQ community and we were not treated any different then a heterosexual couple. It’s a truly wonderful feeling when you are trying to have a baby and those involved in that with you are accepting of you and kind!
Dr Schillings answered all of our questions at our initial consultation and always made us feel like we were family. When we left the office that first day we really felt like we had an understanding of everything that was about to happen. Our first round of IVF was a failure, but she was very compassionate!
Go in with a positive attitude, ask questions, and just know that she genuinely does care!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RADfertility (FKA Reproductive Associates of Delaware). (Assigned nurse: Dorry )
Our coordinator along with the other coordinators and nursing team in itself are very kind people. We have not once stepped in that office and been treated badly. Everyone is super friendly, informative, and there is just such a good vibe in the office!
The clinic overall is great! Typically, any question or concern that someone may have will be answered in a timely matter. They really do make you feel like family. I feel as if they treat everyone who walks in there that way. My partner and I are part of the LGBTQ community and we were not treated any different then a heterosexual couple. It’s a truly wonderful feeling when you are trying to have a baby and those involved in that with you are accepting of you and kind!
We fortunately have very good insurance that covered a lot of the first cycle. We are currently waiting to start our second cycle, as it was halted due to COVID19. That is our last covered cycle by insurance.
Dover

The clinic itself [RMA of Pennsylvania] is visually nice and appears to be clean. It is very small so the wait times seem a bit excessive for monitoring. Also, rather than brochures addressing medical issues, the rooms feature brochures for financing your treatment, which seems a little harsh to me.... Monitoring hours are like a cattle call. You arrive during set hours and wait to be seen. There were mornings where I waiting 2 hours for a simple blood test and ultrasound.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
When I first started my initial workup and through the early part of my treatment, Dr. Shillings was positive and felt that I was a good candidate. However, part way through treatment, my FSH level shot up wih no explanation. The Nurse Practitioner told me that it could be an anomaly and may not be a “true”:reading. Dr. Shillings, though, suddenly felt like my chances of pregnancy were reduced to 5% and my only option was to use an egg donor. She was very unprofessional in her presentation of this information and continuously told me that I as too old to get pregnant on my own (I’m 38 and had a pregnancy at 36/37). She told me that, at my age, that was “a long time ago” and that my options were very limited. I didn’t like Dr. Shillings from my initial appointment and really didn’t like her by the end.
Do your research and find a doctor that you are comfortable with.
Monitoring hours are like a cattle call. You arrive during set hours and wait to be seen. There were mornings where I waiting 2 hours for a simple blood test and ultrasound. If my numbers were good, everyone was positive about my chances. However, if a number was off one month, they acted like they couldn’t help me anymore. Interestingly, my numbers have improved since I stopped going, likely due to reduced stress.
Dr.. Shillings tried to talk me into injectable drugs for my IUIs because she thought it would work better (at a cost of over $2,000 v. $200 for Clomid) but we decided to try Clomid first and see how it worked. Clomid ended up working well so we did 50mg for both IUIs and an Ovidrel trigger shot the evening before th first insemination.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: BJ Witkus)
The nursing staff and front desk representatives were great and were the ones who kept me sane throughout the process. They are all very kind, caring people with good communication skills and kind, compassionate mannerisms. I was very thankful to have them on my team.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic itself is visually nice and appears to be clean. It is very small so the wait times seem a bit excessive for monitoring. Also, rather than brochures addressing medical issues, the rooms feature brochures for financing your treatment, which seems a little harsh to me.
IUI was $350/insemination, plus drugs (2 inseminations per cycle), blood tests and ultrasounds were covered by my insurance so I paid copays
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
My negativity stems from Dr. Shillings’ poor bedside manner and way of presenting information. When I am paying that much money out of pocket for care, I expect to be treated well and, unfortunately, I was not.
Allentown

I think dr schillings is a wonderful doctor. She is very knowledgeable about the infertility field. However I did feel like just a number at times. When she said I have less than a 5% chance of becoming pregnant with my own eggs and should consider donor eggs it was like it was run of the mill conversation. Not that it was life altering news....I underwent two IUI cycles. The first using max dose of Gonal F and low dose HCG. This resulted in a negative pregnancy test. The second one I used max dose of gonal f, hcg, and micro dose Lupron. Resulting in a chemical pregnancy. We are going to try again this month but adding day 21 esterese
Clinic staff [RMA of Pennsylvania] are very friendly and energetic. They make a difficult situation much easier. Dr schilling has a tree in the hallway for each year (on a picture) and everyone that is discharged from the practice pregnant gets to put their fingerprints on it. This gives me hope at each visit....Some of the doctors opinions in the practice did differ. One physician said egg quality was not an issue if under 35 years old but with poor FSH and AMH but another did. It was confusing at times.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Educate yourself as well so you understand what is going on and can ask appropriate questions.
I feel like the staff at Dr. Schillings office are absolutely wonderful! Especially the secretary Diane and nurse BJ. Dr schillings was ok personally but I felt like another number not like I was seen as a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: BJ)
Nurse BJ was fantastic. She was compassionate and encouraging while also being realistic about expectations.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Clinic staff are very friendly and energetic. They make a difficult situation much easier. Dr schilling has a tree in the hallway for each year (on a picture) and everyone that is discharged from the practice pregnant gets to put their fingerprints on it. This gives me hope at each visit.
Out of pocket expense not covered by insurance Medications - about $100 per cycle IUI - $700/cycle US - about 5 per cycle - $25 copay Office visit - $25 co pay - $175 for phone conference per visit
Describe Wendy Schillings's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Pennsylvania.
I have not had an embryo transfer yet as my eggs have not responded well. We are trying one last round this month. If it doesn’t work we will proceed with donor eggs when we are financially able to.
Allentown

She [Dr. Wendy Schillings] had absolutely 0 bedside manner, and I felt like she didn’t even read through my history...She rolled her eyes a number of times while reviewing health information such as prescriptions. She humiliated me in a room full of 5 other people while performing an internal ultrasound. I left that appointment and cried the entire 1 hour and 45 minute drive home. I was so mortified that I didn’t even want to call them and let them know I’d be discontinuing care with them for I was afraid of getting judged even more. She even made recommendations that were completely out of her scope of practice. I would not recommend her to anyone
The nursing staff [at RMA of Pennsylvania] was really nice and even the student under Dr Schillings was wonderful...She had no bedside manner whatsoever. She was rude and judge mental on top of it. She rolled her eyes a number of times while reviewing health information such as prescriptions. She humiliated me in a room full of 5 other people while performing an internal ultrasound. I left that appointment and cried the entire 1 hour and 45 minute drive home. I was so mortified that I didn’t even want to call them and let them know I’d be discontinuing care with them for I was afraid of getting judged even more. She even made recommendations that were completely out of her scope of practice. I would not recommend her to anyoneHer as a doctor seemed to only be concerned with her success rate. Everyone but her was pleasant. The atmosphere at the clinic was calm and comforting also...
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Find another doctor that is concerned with you as a patient more than success rates
She had absolutely 0 bedside manner, and I felt like she didn’t even read through my history
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The nursing staff was really nice and even the student under Dr Schillings was wonderful. Her as a doctor seemed to only be concerned with her success rate. Everyone but her was pleasant. The atmosphere at the clinic was calm and comforting also
Allentown

Dr Schillings was very blunt with us about our prognosis and seemed confident. She was optimistic but not unrealistic and seemed to be confident in her solution to the issues we had when we went to previous clinics.... I was unsure of some of her approaches to our treatment but when I asked why or how, she explained her thought process in detail so we were on board.
BJ [a nurse at RMA of PA-Allentown] has done a great job of coordinating our care. Our particular situation is complex and involves a TESE to obtain sperm, PGD, etc. and she has stayed on top of keeping us in the loop. I don’t like that the clinic usually doesn’t get back to us until 5pm usually, but that’s just the way they do things and it hasn’t really affected me much.... Egg retrieval was approximately $14,500. Transfer is around $4700 and PGD/PGS is $6500.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Ask as many questions as possible. I was unsure of some of her approaches to our treatment but when I asked why or how, she explained her thought process in detail so we were on board.
I met with Dr. Schillings during the evening over a 45 minute consultation. She was SO thorough and very confident, which we needed. She asked us questions which we had never been asked before, which gave us hope about her approach.
We have not yet begun treatment, however I do know that I will be using Follistim, Ganirelix and low dose HCG
BJ has done a great job of coordinating our care. Our particular situation is complex and involves a TESE to obtain sperm, PGD, etc. and she has stayed on top of keeping us in the loop. I don’t like that the clinic usually doesn’t get back to us until 5pm usually, but that’s just the way they do things and it hasn’t really affected me much.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Good communication. The clinic is very nice, they make you feel the way you should be treated when you pay so much money out of pocket for care. I have not had any issues with RMA whatsoever since I began with them 2-3 month ago
RMA is significantly more expensive than our previous clinic. Egg retrieval was approximately $14,500. Transfer is around $4700 and PGD/PGS is $6500.
They have already advised us against multiple embryo transfer however we have not made it to that point in the process.
Allentown

Juanita [nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania] is amazing! She is very knowledgeable and she always get back to you in the same day.... I would totally recommend this clinic to anyone...She [Dr. Schillings] is knowledgeable and willing to work with the patient based on the patient needs. She heard my wishes when I said I did not wanted genetic testing, did not want to go straight to ivf and heard my wishes about requesting to increase clomid dose and she let me do only one IUI instead of two, because that is what I wanted...She always treated me with respect and seems very knowledgeable
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She is knowledgeable and willing to work with the patient based on the patient needs. She heard my wishes when I said I did not wanted genetic testing, did not want to go straight to ivf and heard my wishes about requesting to increase clomid dose and she let me do only one IUI instead of two, because that is what I wanted.
Make sure to read a lot about the topic and treatments and come prepared with questions. Make sure to ask when you want something done, e.g. dose increase of treatment, and she will work with you and make the patient wishes as long as it is an appropriate request.
She always treated me with respect and seems very knowledgeable
Tried clomid and IUI 3 times with ovidrel trigger shot. Will be moving to gonal-f, ovidrel and IUI next cycle for at least 3 or 4 more trials prior to doing IVF. This is my request as the doctor offered IVF on the first visit but I want to try a few trials of IUI first and the Doctor was totally ok with that and she has been wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Juanita)
Juanita is amazing! She is very knowledgeable and she always get back to you in the same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
I had a great experience in this clinic so far. I am still working with them and hope I’ll get pregnant soon. I would totally recommend this clinic to anyone. Dr. Gueye is also amazing! She is so sweet and very caring! She is really good at what she does and has a lot of experience. She did one of my IUIs, she answered all my questions and called me to explain lab results. She is the most caring person and care so much about her patients.
I have insurance so only had to do copays of $50 for ultrasounds.

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Schillings always kept us informed and never gave up on us. She always gave us our options and risks included with each procedure. She called us personally when there were any issues or sensitive subjects to cover. Dr. Schillings was the 1st of all doctors we seen that had answers for us and wanted to help us to get our miracle baby!... She was always very precatious with our treatments since I responded well to medications. She never wanted to overstimulate, but gave us the best results possible.
Every single one of the nursing staff [at RMA of PA-Allentown] was amazing!! I built strong relationships with some of them and they always had our best interest at heart. I felt like they were out biggest cheerleaders. So compassionate and supportive. I feel lucky to have had their care and support!.. All staff, including the front desk and nursing staff was always pleasant and kind. They always returned calls promptly and directed us where we needed to. We felt welcomed since the first phone to the last visit!!
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Trust her advice and be willing to do treatments you're not sure about.
All staff members knew us by name and treated us very well. Our nurse and doctor staff was sympathetic and loving. I always felt cared for in the know.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Markovich)
Every single one of the nursing staff was amazing!! I built strong relationships with some of them and they always had our best interest at heart. I felt like they were out biggest cheerleaders. So compassionate and supportive. I feel lucky to have had their care and support!
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Pennsylvania.
It was pretty convenient like a well oiled machine. Only a few times did I have to wait longer than 20 minutes when they were extra busy.
Insurance coverage with most visits were good. Our insurance coverage didn't allow IVF but they offered a Careshare program that guaranteed us a baby or our money back.

2015 - 2018, Successful
We used ivf with icsi [with Dr. Schillings]. We were unable to do a day 5 transfer as the embryos needed an extra day to develop. We later did a frozen embryo transfer...he diagnosed my husbands infertility that was overlooked at the previous facility. She showed us statistics with and without different options. We even brought my daughter in to meet her and the staff after she was born and Dr. Schillings is down to earth and She was genuinely happy to hold and take pictures with her.
They [the nurses at RMA of PA] picked you up and cheered you on but also offered an ear to listen. The compassion and understanding they showed was beyond incredible... on the walls, were the trees of hope. Each year, baby feet are stamped on the tree to indicate the numbers of babies conceived. It gives you hope to see the babies created and helps you to push along when it seems impossible
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She was beyond thorough and understanding of our situation. She diagnosed my husbands infertility that was overlooked at the previous facility. She showed us statistics with and without different options. We even brought my daughter in to meet her and the staff after she was born and Dr. Schillings is down to earth and She was genuinely happy to hold and take pictures with her. She is a blessing to all she encounters
Trust her. She is honest and sincere and you approach treatment with the same goal, a baby
I was allowed to cry and explain my feelings to my nurse; she would listen and boost me up. The entire office knew you when you walked in the door and greeted you with a smile. The office cheered you on and shared genuine emotions throughout the highs and lows of infertility
We used ivf with icsi. We were unable to do a day 5 transfer as the embryos needed an extra day to develop. We later did a frozen embryo transfer
The entire staff because family. They experienced the highs and lows of infertility. They picked you up and cheered you on but also offered an ear to listen. The compassion and understanding they showed was beyond incredible
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The office was relaxing and therapeutic, almost like a spa. The environment was private and and everything was in one location so you didn’t have to leave the building for labs or semen analysis. The staff greeted you with a smiling face and they were quick to point you in the right direction. Also on the walls, were the trees of hope. Each year, baby feet are stamped on the tree to indicate the numbers of babies conceived. It gives you hope to see the babies created and helps you to push along when it seems impossible
The cost was approximately $11,000 and meds were $3000-4000
2015 - 2018, Successful
We am very thankful for Wendy schillings as she helped us achieve pregnancy with our daughter. However, I do feel a little more like a number now. The last consultation appointment we had, I don’t feel like she really knew my case and wasn’t fully prepared for our appointment.... My first Iui with her we used 50 clomid, days 3-7, monitored cycle day 12, trigger with ovidrel shot and Iui day 13/14. That failed, they increased my clomid to 100 , same protocol and we achieved pregnancy Years later, attempt for 2nd child we used 100 clomid, same protocol as mentioned above, failed. 2nd attempt at 2nd child
When I started with them [RMA of PA] in 2015, I felt less like a number and more like a human. However, starting treatment again for my second child, in 2017-18 I feel as if they are so busy and aren’t as organized as they were before. There is some miscommunication and I receive different information between my dr and my nurse... The front desk is mostly very pleasant and organized. I have had no issues with them, and I love that the clinic is open for 365 monitoring. This is very helpful.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Make sure to come prepared with all questions you have and don’t leave u til you fully understand what your options are, because I feel like the dr will move too quickly through the appointment
When I started with them in 2015, I felt less like a number and more like a human. However, starting treatment again for my second child, in 2017-18 I feel as if they are so busy and aren’t as organized as they were before. There is some miscommunication and I receive different information between my dr and my nurse
My first Iui with her we used 50 clomid, days 3-7, monitored cycle day 12, trigger with ovidrel shot and Iui day 13/14. That failed, they increased my clomid to 100 , same protocol and we achieved pregnancy Years later, attempt for 2nd child we used 100 clomid, same protocol as mentioned above, failed. 2nd attempt at 2nd child - same protocol except added progesterone suppositories. Failed 3rd attempt at 2nd child - increase clomid to 150, everything else the same- failed. 4th attempt we used letrozole dosage 5, days 3-7, same protocol as above - fail. We used letrozole because they do not want to do anymore than 6 clomid cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
I don’t feel like the nurse and sr schillings were on the same page. There was some confusion as to why I was told to use progesterone and I received different answers from both dr and nurse. I felt the nurse gave some attitude when asking multiple questions
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
The dr put me on progesterone due to short luteal phase after our 1st attempt at imour second child. That Iui failed. When we went in for our second, the dr forgot to mention progesterone during our Iui appointment , when I brought it up she couldn’t tell me why we had to be on it, then she said it was bc of my liking being too thin, which wasn’t correct. Then during our final Iui the nurse didn’t proscribe progesterone. She said they don’t do progesterone automatically when changing protocol (which In my case was changing from clomid to letrozole) so I questioned that because the whole reason I was on it was because of my short luteal phase. She gave me some attitude when I questioned this and then she ended up putting me on the progesterone
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr schilling was very forth coming with what she thought was a good treatment plan. ... Her weakness to me would be sometimes she was rushed during morning monitoring, but in my eyes that’s expected with soo many females being monitored. ... She also was excited and happy for ya with our positive pregnancy and discharge. ... As hard as it is I did soo much better my second round of treatment for IUI, egg stimulation and retrieval, and embryo transfer because I was less stressed out with the googling every little thing.
Staff was very nice! Always welcomed patients with a hello and smile. ... A medication for my trigger shot wasn’t ordered. The only reason it was caught was because I was looking ahead at my medications. ... I felt like a human most times at RMA. It was hard during morning monitoring with bloodwork and ultrasounds. It could be a rushed process at times, but the staff was very caring! ...
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr schilling was very forth coming with what she thought was a good treatment plan. She also was excited and happy for ya with our positive pregnancy and discharge. Her weakness to me would be sometimes she was rushed during morning monitoring, but in my eyes that’s expected with soo many females being monitored.
To go with the treatment plan and try not to question every detail. Things work out! As hard as it is I did soo much better my second round of treatment for IUI, egg stimulation and retrieval, and embryo transfer because I was less stressed out with the googling every little thing.
She was very prompt with answering questions and somedays I had a ton. She was positive at times when things were hard. She always maintained a positive attitude! Great nurse!
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Staff was very nice! Always welcomed patients with a hello and smile. Very supportive staff!!!!!They made bad days better with their smiles and positivity :) .....,.,..................................
Careshare program $32000, but the best thing we did without the careshare program we wouldn’t be expecting our baby in June! We also did two IUI cycles which were $300 a day x2 days.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
A medication for my trigger shot wasn’t ordered. The only reason it was caught was because I was looking ahead at my medications. The nurse was very quick to rectify he situation and was very apologetic!
Allentown
Dr. Shillings provides excellent care as an RE. She knew exactly what treatments to provide to have the best response of having strong embryos. I wish she was a little more open to non traditional causes of RPL specifically around autoimmune. We have had 2 FET, both resulting in strong early pregnancy only to miscarry at 8 weeks. We are finally making adjustments for the 3rd FET but I wish she was open to more adjustments such as predisone treatment or intralipids.
The morning monitoring hours [at RMA of PA] are extremely convenient and allowed me to work around my work schedule. I never felt like a number but at the same time there was efficiency during the morning monitoring. My egg retrieval procedure at RMA of NJ along with the FETs were all smooth and seamless. i would highly recommend RMA as a first line RE. If things begin to get more complex such as RPL with PGS tested embryos another clinic may need to be engaged.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She's an excellent doctor and genuinely wants success for you.
Dr. Shillings always takes the time to listen to me and my concerns. Empathetic during our process and lots of follow-up and discussions. The nurse staff as well.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
RMA has a very high success rate and several locations on the Northeast. The morning monitoring hours are extremely convenient and allowed me to work around my work schedule. I never felt like a number but at the same time there was efficiency during the morning monitoring. My egg retrieval procedure at RMA of NJ along with the FETs were all smooth and seamless. i would highly recommend RMA as a first line RE. If things begin to get more complex such as RPL with PGS tested embryos another clinic may need to be engaged.
AM appointments were ideal for me and extremely efficient without feeling rushed or like a number.
Egg Retrieval around 12,000. Genetic testing 2500. FET 4,500 per transfer.
Very strong preference on eSET which I agree with. The risk with multiples is so high and after 2 miscarriages I don't want to risk added complications.
Allentown

She [Dr. Wendy Schillings] has been very informative and helpful throughout the process. We find her to be very realistic in which it is appreciate greatly. Her willingness to provide honest answers to questions really built our trust in her with our fertility care...I felt that she was open to hear my thoughts on treatment and helped to clarify information we researched. It was easy to make an appt with her and she utilized the whole appt time.
They [the nursing staff at RMA of Pennsylvania] are very caring and informative. Response time is fast for test results and questions...The practice location and atmosphere is convenient and nice. Staff are professional and helpful. Thought there welcome packet and information was nice. The rooms and equipment were clean and up to date. They are open 365 days year and hours for testing are early enough to not interfere with work.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She has been very informative and helpful throughout the process. We find her to be very realistic in which it is appreciate greatly. Her willingness to provide honest answers to questions really built our trust in her with our fertility care.
Be open to all forms of treatment and under your options as well as expectations.
Since I have PCOS, high hormone bc was used to minimize or reduce cysts. Provera was then used to help with getting a period. I'm already on 1000mg of metformin, so that stayed the same. I was prescribed Letrozole for 5 days during the IUI cycle and utilized trigger injection. IUI was done 2 consecutive says with followup testing for progesterone a week later and pregnancy test 2 weeks after the IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Pennsylvania.
They are very caring and informative. Response time is fast for test results and questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Unsure of the cost. Each time cost would or could change or, we speak with billing personnel.
Allentown

She [Dr. Wendy Schillings] is very compassionate and understanding. She makes sure you are both on the same page every step of the way. She lets you know her own concerns with certain things as well as always wanting to know yours.... She does all the testing possible before deciding the best course of action. She also does not make you do things over and over again if they clearly are not working she then moves onto the next step of the plan.
It [RMA of PA-Allentown] is a very calming environment. Everyone is extremely nice and they all get to know you and someway all know each individual patients scenario. They are all very compassionate as well and are always making sure you are ok even if it is just checking out after a visit... ara is absolutely amazing. She is so sweet and always making sure that you are ok every step of the way.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She is very compassionate and understanding. She makes sure you are both on the same page every step of the way. She lets you know her own concerns with certain things as well as always wanting to know yours.
Take it all day by day and that she is always there to help.
They are always calling to check on you and make sure you fully understand what is going on every step of the way
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Markovich )
Tara is absolutely amazing. She is so sweet and always making sure that you are ok every step of the way.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
It is a very calming environment. Everyone is extremely nice and they all get to know you and someway all know each individual patients scenario. They are all very compassionate as well and are always making sure you are ok even if it is just checking out after a visit
It was a decent span of time which was perfect to not have to take time off of work. I was able to wake up a little earlier on those days and still make it to work in time.
It is expensive in general to do fertility treatments but after doing some research they all seem to be similar to others.
I wanted to transfer multiple and she let me know her opinion and concerns but ultimately let me make my own final decision
Allentown

I met Wendy [Dr. Schillings] once during treatment. Her bedside manner was mot what we expected. We felt like a number and the meeting was very cold. Yet, we decided to stick with the clinic because of the success rate.... Don’t expect to meet with her more than once or twice.... We were on an antagonist protocol for retrieval. I was not over stimulated and did not develop any complications or bad side effects as a result. We are currently going through our FET cycle. The clinic prefers FET cycles as the research shows a higher success rate.
The nurses as RMAPA were personable and helped make the process a bit better. They were friendly and answered all my questions. Still don’t expect your hand to be held, the practice is not overly warm.... The clini has a high success rate and prefers FET transfers. If you are using insurance, it’s unfortunately important to make extra calls to the financial team. That department, at least in my case, were slow to submit information to my Insurance company despite multiple calls.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
I met Wendy once during treatment. Her bedside manner was mot what we expected. We felt like a number and the meeting was very cold. Yet, we decided to stick with the clinic because of the success rate. So far I’m happy we did, as everyone else we’ve encountered is much warmer.
Don’t expect to meet with her more than once or twice.
RMAPA is a busy practice. Most times I felt rushed through. The nurses and doctors were nice, but don’t expect to feel cared for in a memorable way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Juanita )
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
Our clinic prefers to transfer one embryo at a time as it is less risky.
Allentown

She’s [Dr. Schillings] intelligent and to the point. She can come off as lacking empathy , but she just presents with a strong personality. She over all knows what she’s doing and talking about and wants to see success .... Felt like a human because she takes time to talk with you when you see her . A number at times due to how busy they’re and how they’re crunched with time to get all the morning monitoring and procedures done... Used clomid and the trigger shot & then did IUI two days in a row
They’re [RMA of PA] clean and friendly. They’re always open. The try there best to remember you from visit to visit (receptionist). They have coffee and tea on the waiting room. They’re busy and sometimes behind because of it. Rooms look older and are cold . The scenery on the ceiling isn’t very therapeutic.... [Nurse] Empathetic and can thoroughly explain information. Second round of IUI she didn’t call for any updates / reminders on what to do.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She’s intelligent and to the point. She can come off as lacking empathy , but she just presents with a strong personality. She over all knows what she’s doing and talking about and wants to see success .
Go in with an open mind and heart.
Felt like a human because she takes time to talk with you when you see her . A number at times due to how busy they’re and how they’re crunched with time to get all the morning monitoring and procedures done .
Used clomid and the trigger shot & then did IUI two days in a row . We have male factor infertility , count and speed is fine, but morphology was a 0 & then a 1. 4 is the “norm”.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara )
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
They’re clean and friendly. They’re always open. The try there best to remember you from visit to visit (receptionist). They have coffee and tea on the waiting room. They’re busy and sometimes behind because of it. Rooms look older and are cold . The scenery on the ceiling isn’t very therapeutic.
Copays and medication .
No comment
Allentown

My nurse, BJ, [at RMA of PA] is the one who made me feel like a number. When she called me, it was clear she hadn't read my chart. She would ask me insensitive questions which are obviously not helpful during such a trying time. My husband and I had to do IVF and she used to call me and explain IUI steps to me. I think I had to tell her on 3 separate occasions that we had to do IVF. Before our last transfer when we had only one embryo left, she called to ask me how many embryos I wanted to transfer. I feel like she needs to read patients charts and understand their situations before she calls. Her questions and behavior are unacceptable.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
I really like Wendy. I think she's an incredible doctor and I do believe she is a leader in her field. I always had great experiences with her and she put me at ease. Unfortunately I'm not willing to continue with her because the financial and nursing people at her facility bother me too much.
Make sure BJ is not your nurse.
Dr. Schillings wasn't actually the one who made me feel like a number. Every time I spoke with her or met with her, she was nothing but nice and she actually had a way of speaking that made me feel at ease. She always knew what was going on with me even though we didn't see each other often. Also, after my two pregnancy losses, Wendy called me directly because she wanted to be the one to break the news and explain what happened next. My nurse, BJ, is the one who made me feel like a number. When she called me, it was clear she hadn't read my chart. She would ask me insensitive questions which are obviously not helpful during such a trying time. My husband and I had to do IVF and she used to call me and explain IUI steps to me. I think I had to tell her on 3 separate occasions that we had to do IVF. Before our last transfer when we had only one embryo left, she called to ask me how many embryos I wanted to transfer. I feel like she needs to read patients charts and understand their situations before she calls. Her questions and behavior are unacceptable.
She used an estrogen priming protocol. I had to start estrace on day 21 of my cycle leading into stimulation. I took Gonal-F (450 units) as well as low dose HCG and Cetrotide. I was a slow responder to this protocol. I had 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, and 2 made it past genetic screening. This protocol is used for women with signs of ovarian aging.
BJ always used a friendly tone of voice but she probably didn't realize how insensitive she is. She asked us during our first few weeks about IUI when she shouldn't have know IVF was our only option. LOOK AT THE PATIENT CHART!! She also asked us how many embryos we wanted to transfer when we only had one. These may seem like little things to her but they are not to a patient. These things are totally unacceptable. She also wasn't always very responsive to requests and wasn't the best at answering questions clearly. She didn't give me enough information (like she never gave me actual lab results unless I pressed for them. She would say normal or borderline).
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
I really like the woman who takes your blood in the morning. She was the most compassionate person there. There's also a great ultrasound tech named Nancy who I thought was fantastic. The rest of them need to learn to be a little more compassionate and aware of their patient's needs.
These were efficient. The woman taking blood and the ultrasound tech are fantastic.
I used insurance. For my retrieval and two transfers, it cost about $15k. The cash price is much higher than that.
RMA only does single embryo transfers as of 2017.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
With my hormone levels, I should have been told to start Co-q-10 and DHEA. No one ever told me that. I read it on my own and started it in preparation for a second egg retrieval. I should have been told that up front. I think doctors have a duty to tell their patients EVERYTHING THEY CAN BE DOING. If a patient thinks a certain supplement or lifestyle change is onerous, they don't have to do it. I feel like RMA didn't give me all the advice they could have prior to my egg retrieval and that may have contributed to my less than stellar results.
Allentown

She [Dr. Wendy Schillings] is such a supportive doctor. She really cares about every detail and she is a very personal doctor that I tell everything to. She builds a connection with each one of her patients, and isn’t afraid to tell you what you need to be told so that we can understand fully what is happening with my body. She is such a sweet doctor...She made it a mission to talk to us every appointment, and always made sure I was feeling okay. She was so supportive and felt like a mother figure.
As soon as I walk into the clinic [RMA of PA], I know I’m going to be taken care of with compassion. My nurse was always available and was super organized. She would call me and you could hear in her voice how compassionate she was. She has very loving responses and she felt like a big sister to me. Their whole team at RMA of PA were so aware of my feelings and emotions of not being able to conceive.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
She was very compassionate, and really took the time to listen to my concerns and questions. She covered everything and helped my husband and I understand fully what was going on and why things weren’t working correctly. She is very blunt and I admire that about her because it’s important that we really get down to the details so she can better assist us with our set backs. She made it a mission to talk to us every appointment, and always made sure I was feeling okay. She was so supportive and felt like a mother figure.
I would say, prepare to listen. She is very detailed and knows exactly what she is talking about. Prepare to get emotional because she is very straight forward, but that is something I appreciate.
She is such a supportive doctor. She really cares about every detail and she is a very personal doctor that I tell everything to. She builds a connection with each one of her patients, and isn’t afraid to tell you what you need to be told so that we can understand fully what is happening with my body. She is such a sweet doctor.
She decided to an ultrasound immediately after I told her about my past history with period pains and long cycles. She found 3 cysts, and wanted to do surgery right away. She knew it was endometriosis and she ended up being right. She performed the surgery perfectly and really took her time to explain what was going on in my reproductive area after the surgery. Months after this surgery, she did another ultrasound to check if the cysts were completely gone.. and they were but she found hydrosalpinx in my right tube and she requested to do another surgery to remove it. She prescribed birth control to help thing my uterine lining to check for fibrosis, and during the surgery she found a non cancerous fibroids and removed it. She also removed the hydrosalpinx. After the surgeries she took her time and was very detailed and told me I have scar tissue around my ovaries, and she talked about what to do next and she decided we would have to do IVF. My heart broke because I knew how expensive it was going to be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Marcovich)
As soon as I walk into the clinic, I know I’m going to be taken care of with compassion. My nurse was always available and was super organized. She would call me and you could hear in her voice how compassionate she was. She has very loving responses and she felt like a big sister to me. Their whole team at RMA of PA were so aware of my feelings and emotions of not being able to conceive.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
When you walk into this clinic, it’s like a warm, loving house. You know that right away they understand what you are going through, and they are so quick to help you feel better about the future. I walk in and immediately there is someone to help you and attend to your needs. They are understanding, willing and amazing listeners.
My first surgery was a laporscopic and it costed 3,000$. My second surgery for hydrosalpinx was around 3,000$ as well. My doctor also had me do a HSG which costed 600$. I never had to pay a co pay, my insurance was very good.
She told us we have a low chance of concieving on our own and that our only chance is IVF. She told me I had amazing eggs, and that I have great progesterone, except my uterus, ovaries and Fallopian tubes were the issue.
Allentown

As with many other medical situations, we had to stay on top of our paperwork and test results. They [RMA of PA-Allentown] seemed to have trouble maintaining contact with my husband's urologist and getting testing results to them or from them. My advice would be to stay on top of your cycle, paperwork and testing so nothing gets overlooked. Ask a million questions, and ask them often.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Schillings handled our first IVF cycle. She was warm and answered all of our questions. When our IVF cycle failed (ended with 2 embryos that were not viable) she spent about 30 minutes on the phone with me walking me through what happened and possible reasons why it happened. She was compassionate and kind. Our problem moving forward was her immediate push into using egg donors, rather than doing another IVF cycle with donor sperm (as our infertility was diagnosed as a male factor problem). We are now using another doctor who does not recommend the path she pushed us toward. However, for a seemingly less complicated cycle than ours, I have some faith she would provide competent care.
Advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions. Do lots of reading on your own.
Dr. Schillings was warm and polite. She answered a lot of questions and did not express impatience when we asked things multiple times. We could usually make an appointment to see her within 7-9 days of asking. The only time I felt a little more like an outcome variable, rather than a human, was when she pushed us to use egg donors for our second cycle, after our first failed.
Antagonist IVF Gonal F @ 300 Days 3 - 11 Low does HCG @ 20 Days 3 -11 Cetrotide full dose Days 7-11 Pregnyl Day 12 Retrieval Day 14 Eggs retrieved: 26 Eggs underwent ICSI: 21 Fertilized normally: 19 Embryos at day 6: 2 (both genetically not viable as per PGD testing) Steep drop-off in development or arresting after day 3 in 17 eggs fertilized normally
I loved BJ, my nurse. She was organized, helpful, compassionate and very friendly. She knew I was a teacher and tried to call me when she knew I was available during the day. When we found out our IVF cycle failed, she called me a couple days later just to check in to see how we were doing.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic overall was satisfactory. While we were unhappy with our advice after our failed IVF cycle, the process using the clinic was OK. As with many other medical situations, we had to stay on top of our paperwork and test results. They seemed to have trouble maintaining contact with my husband's urologist and getting testing results to them or from them. My advice would be to stay on top of your cycle, paperwork and testing so nothing gets overlooked. Ask a million questions, and ask them often.
My experience was probably out of the ordinary at first because they implemented a new computer monitoring system my first day of morning monitoring. I was there from 6:30am to 8:30am due to computer glitches. The staff were apologetic, and it got better as the days went on and they got used to the new system. Morning monitoring begins at 7, but the doors open at 6:45. If you arrive before 6:45, and you should if you want to get to work on time, you wait in a single file line outside the door. Once inside you sign in, have your blood taken and wait until 7 for the staff to arrive to begin the ultrasounds. You might feel a little like 'cattle' but for the most part if you arrive early you won't spend more than 30 minutes there per morning. (Also the woman who draws blood there is GREAT).
Approximately $30,000
Strong preference and reference of best practice being 1 embryo transferred
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Pennsylvania.
Some of our paperwork was lost, and some test results were not communicated in a timely fashion.
Allentown

Dr. Schillings made me feel comfortable from day one. She took my thoughts and feelings into account. ... Multiple semen analysis and antibody testing done to determine why my husband's morphology and motility was so low. HSG to checked for blocked tubes. Laposcopy to Check for endometriosis and then surgery that same time to remove it when it was found. She suspected I had it based on my scenario and family history.
The clinic's [RMA of PA-Allentown] strengths are how comfortable you feel. It is set up like a spa and everyone is extremely friendly. I felt a personal connection with one of the nurses and the front desk even referred me to a new gyno that I really love. The clinic is extremely fast in getting paperwork back to me. The only thing that I didn't love was how easy it was to get ahold of my nurse and the billing and finance department.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Schillings made me feel comfortable from day one. She took my thoughts and feelings into account. I think the only weakness is that because IVF is more of the guaranteed pregnancy, she pushed for that earlier than I would have liked. It was also somewhat hard to schedule surgeries because she only does them one day a week. However, I was completely satisfied with her and would recommend her to friends and family.
Another doctor told me that I would know when I was ready for IVF and that I would just feel the timing was right. It took me a few months to get that feeling. I would suggest that she use this tactic and not push IVF or IUI until a patient is ready.
Dr. Schilling always remembered my name, scenario, and my wishes. She made me feel comfortable, especially during my procedure to remove endometriosis. She also took into account that I believed I had it, even though a previous doctor asked convinced I did not.
My nurse was BJ. She was excellent at communication and would call me as soon as any news came in.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic's strengths are how comfortable you feel. It is set up like a spa and everyone is extremely friendly. I felt a personal connection with one of the nurses and the front desk even referred me to a new gyno that I really love. The clinic is extremely fast in getting paperwork back to me. The only thing that I didn't love was how easy it was to get ahold of my nurse and the billing and finance department.
$150 for sperm analysis that we needed three of. $4000 for laparoscopy and HSG. $500 for genetic testing and counseling for each person $150 for each ultrasound. (I had three)
Not at this time. I will have questions in the near future.
Allentown

My uterine lining was not getting as thick as she [Dr. Wendy Schillings] wanted it to while on meds and she personally let me know she was heading to a doctors meeting at RMANJ and would discuss my case with the other physicians. She provided them with my case, including ultrasounds and test results, and as a team they agreed we should go through with my transfer.
I had a designated nurse [at RMA of PA- Allentown] who I reported to and could call or email with any questions. Tara was always pleasant when I would call and she would promptly respond to any emails I sent. During our initial consultation I was told exactly who I would have in the room with me at each appointment. It would either be the doctor, my nurse, or the IVF coordinator, all of whom I met with. Post testing and prior to beginning medications, we had an hour long pre-IVF consultation where we discussed the process in detail, asked all of our questions, and were made to feel completely comfortable with our decision.
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Schillings was warm and kind during our initial consultation. She obviously took the time to review our case and was very honest while explaining our chances of success with different options. I always felt like I was in good hands and our FET cycle furthered my great respect for her. My uterine lining was not getting as thick as she wanted it to while on meds and she personally let me know she was heading to a doctors meeting at RMANJ and would discuss my case with the other physicians. She provided them with my case, including ultrasounds and test results, and as a team they agreed we should go through with my transfer. My beautiful, healthy 13 month old son is thanks to her taking the time and initiative to look into my case further rather than sticking to a textbook reference range and cancelling my transfer.
Write down all of your questions and ask them all. This is your future, your body, and your money. You are not bothering anyone but getting yourself adequately informed. She is happy to help!
My husband and I refer to RMAPA as simply “fantastic”. Dr. Schillings and the staff are knowledgeable, professional, kind, and extremely gifted when it comes to patient support. I had a designated nurse who I reported to and could call or email with any questions. During our initial consultation I was told exactly who I would have in the room with me at each appointment. It would either be the doctor, my nurse, or the IVF coordinator, all of whom I met with. Post testing and prior to beginning medications, we had an hour long pre-IVF consultation where we discussed the process in detail, asked all of our questions, and were made to feel completely comfortable with our decision. All of this was a stark contrast from the 2 previous clinics we had been to. We always felt confused and blown off at the other places so this level of patient support absolutely blew us away. The most notable part of my experience with RMAPA was during my FET cycle when my uterine lining was not reaching the desired thickness. Dr. Schillings personally let me know she was heading to a doctors meeting at RMANJ and would discuss my case with the other physicians. She provided them with my case, including ultrasounds and test results, and as a team they agreed we should go through with my transfer. My beautiful, healthy 13 month old son is thanks to her taking the time and initiative to look into my case further rather than sticking to a textbook reference range and cancelling my transfer. Their success rate speaks for itself but as a satisfied patient I must add that I cannot recommend RMAPA enough.
I don’t remember the specific strategy and drugs used. She recommended embryo retrieval with a freeze all cycle to reduce the risk OHSS and allow time for PGD testing. Their clinics high success rates are due to this protocol and performing FET rather than fresh transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara M)
I had a designated nurse who I reported to and could call or email with any questions. Tara was always pleasant when I would call and she would promptly respond to any emails I sent. During our initial consultation I was told exactly who I would have in the room with me at each appointment. It would either be the doctor, my nurse, or the IVF coordinator, all of whom I met with. Post testing and prior to beginning medications, we had an hour long pre-IVF consultation where we discussed the process in detail, asked all of our questions, and were made to feel completely comfortable with our decision. All of this was a stark contrast from the 2 previous clinics we had been to. We always felt confused and blown off at the other places so this level of patient support absolutely blew us away.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The clinic was clean, in an easy to get to location, and was located in a general office building convenient to the freeway. It’s open 365 days a year and I never had to wait long for appointments or lab work. The morning lab work is first come first served which some may not like but I preferred.
There was a couple of hours in the morning to come in for monitoring. You signed in and then waited in the waiting room. Coffee and water was available. The longest I ever waited was 30 minutes but usually it was only 10 minutes.
This is purely from memory, I think the testing, retrieval, ICSI, PGD, and freeze all cycle cost around $22,000 while the FET was around $3000
Our doctor had a strong preference to transfer 1 embryo. The clinics success rates are high and she prefers 1 healthy pregnancy rather than the struggles and risks a twin pregnancy can provide.
Allentown

Upon meeting Dr. Schillings, I knew we had made the right choice in switching clinics. Dr. Schillings was honest about our fertility problems, but seemed hopeful that we would conceive with the right course of treatment. She and the RMA team remained dedicated to us (sending occasional cards and thank you notes, and showing kindness during our more difficult moments). After two donor embryo transfers (one ending in a chemical pregnancy), I am expecting my first child (due in September)...
After our first nurse [at RMA of PA] resigned, we were transferred to the excellent Kelly Hill. Kelly is the "third party" nurse, and she works out of RMA NJ (so we never met her personally), but she was conscientious, and promptly returned all of our calls. I can't speak more highly about our experience with Kelly. She's fantastic...Our previous nurse failed to call us with results once or twice (She was out of the office often), but that stopped as soon as we got a new nurse...
How was your experience with Wendy Schillings at RMA of Pennsylvania?
We came to Dr. Schillings after a number of negative experience with another fertility clinic. Upon meeting Dr. Schillings, I knew we had made the right choice in switching clinics. Dr. Schillings was honest about our fertility problems, but seemed hopeful that we would conceive with the right course of treatment. She and the RMA team remained dedicated to us (sending occasional cards and thank you notes, and showing kindness during our more difficult moments). After two donor embryo transfers (one ending in a chemical pregnancy), I am expecting my first child (due in September).
Dr. Schillings is warm, engaging, and knowledgable. She was honest about our likelihood of becoming pregnant without assistance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Hill)
After our first nurse resigned, we were transferred to the excellent Kelly Hill. Kelly is the "third party" nurse, and she works out of RMA NJ (so we never met her personally), but she was conscientious, and promptly returned all of our calls. I can't speak more highly about our experience with Kelly. She's fantastic.
Dr. Schilling's had a strong preference for a single embryo transfer especially after the embryos had PGD testing.