Cabell Huntington Hospital

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolVanderbilt
ResidencyU. of Oklahoma
FellowshipMed Col of Georgia
1340 Hal Greer Blvd
Huntington, WV 25701
1.304.526.2000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Burns to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cabell Huntington Hospital to a friend?
I felt like a human with dr. Burns he knew my history inside and out even as a consultation.... He is very intelligent and sometimes that can be intimidating. He went to great links to help reassure us of the situation. He didn’t “sugar coat” things we I personally loved. I felt like a number and a paycheck at other clinics so for him to tell the truth was very reassuring to me. He is the absolute greatest fertility doctor available in my opinion
How was your experience with William Burns at Cabell Huntington Hospital?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Burns at Cabell Huntington Hospital?
Just listen. Sometimes he talks about a lot of topics and u need to pay attention. He is great to stop and explain but u must ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Burns at Cabell Huntington Hospital?
I felt like a human with dr. Burns he knew my history inside and out even as a consultation. His staff took my embryos that were made at another clinic and did the transfer at no additional cost. The embryologist took extra training just for me. The laboratory used different techniques at no additional cost to me. They truly cared for my husband and I and our current situation. It restored my faith in humanity
Describe the protocols William Burns used in your cycles at Cabell Huntington Hospital and their degree of success.
We did a frozen transfer with him. He used no drugs which is completely different from other clinics. He did ultrasounds to track the uterus thickness and I took progesterone but that was a vastly different approach from the other clinic. He used Mother Nature and timing and it worked. I have a 2 year old daughter. He used a specific ovulation kit. He was very specific in all tests and requirements
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cabell Huntington Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Mindy LLOYD )
The embryologist was named Lay I believe. I still have her card. She ultimately made everything possible. Mindy LLOYD was also thourough and easy to talk with. His staff is esstial to the great quality care that you receive. Not many doctors or nurses seen on a Sunday morning.
Describe your experience with Cabell Huntington Hospital.
The clinic is pretty normal. Smaller than some places but so courteous. We had a bad experience prior so they were a breath of fresh air. I only dealt with one dr one nurse and one embryologist so it was very personal which I liked. They got to know me which made the whole process easier. His success rates are the same or better than other clinics. I have a friend now that underwent Ivf and is currently pregnant
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Burns at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
Dr. Burns cost were dramatically cheaper with the frozen transfers. Especially all the extra work that was done at no cost to me. His ivf cycle was comparable to the other clinic
Describe William Burns's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cabell Huntington Hospital.
We did multiple embryos because this was my third and final chance. I’m so thankful we did
Huntington
He [Dr. William Burns] explains things very thoroughly and you are his only concern when you are with him but he comes off a bit over educated and unable to put things on your level and I work in healthcare and know more than most in my situation.... He was very quick in my treatment and getting us answers to why we were having fertility issues. He gave it his best go around and due to financial reasons we chose to move on to another doctor. His office is affordable and for being the only doctor in his office he was always available and tentative.
How was your experience with William Burns at Cabell Huntington Hospital?
He was very quick in my treatment and getting us answers to why we were having fertility issues. He gave it his best go around and due to financial reasons we chose to move on to another doctor. His office is affordable and for being the only doctor in his office he was always available and tentative. We just live in a small town so traveling further away we could save more money due to the insurance coverage we have and the payment plans bigger offices can provide.
This is a great first place to start and for mild cases of infertility he would be the perfect doctor. I would’ve loved to have stayed with him. He was to the point but sometimes a little over my head but I was okay with that because it made me trust in his knowledge.
He explains things very thoroughly and you are his only concern when you are with him but he comes off a bit over educated and unable to put things on your level and I work in healthcare and know more than most in my situation.
We had been trying to conceive for 18 months and as far as my gynecologist knew I wasn’t infertile. We suspected it was my husband and doctor burns knew just what tests to run. Even though my husband’s results showed that we would most likely need IVF he was ok with trying a regular IUI and an IUI with clomid so we would know for sure. I didn’t want to continue to go through the disappointment and expenses of tests that had poor chances and we couldn’t afford IVf at the time so we put our dreams of starting a family on hold and he said he would be there when we were ready and able and help us in any ways he could.
He works closely with his nurses, they are but an extension of him with much compassion. They know everything about you and seem well organized.
Describe your experience with Cabell Huntington Hospital.
The clinic is on the same floor as the OB offices in the hospital and it’s in a big open room. Once you get back into the exam room if feels more comfortable but in my opinion this is where it lacks. I like knowing I’m around others that understand me and sitting in waiting rooms where there are tons of expecting mothers can be hard at times.
My insurance covered most labs and things of that nature. The IUI was about $400 if I remember correctly.
Huntington
Dr. Burns took my husband and I into his office and fully explained every detail about our treatment. He made sure to answer all our questions. He never made us feel rushed and even stayed later than his office hours to discuss our treatment....I am still currently undergoing treatment but so far he has been very compassionate about helping my husband and I achieve our goals of becoming parents. He always explains what procedures will be done and how they will be performed.
How was your experience with William Burns at Cabell Huntington Hospital?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cabell Huntington Hospital. (Assigned nurse: Mindy)
Mindy is wonderful! She has always made sure that I understand everything going on during my treatment. I have her direct number and can call with any questions and concerns. I feel like she truly cares about her patients and will do anything to help them.
Describe your experience with Cabell Huntington Hospital.
Marshall Health clinic is a great place to go as a patient. Scheduling is not a problem, I didn’t have to wait long to be seen. All the staff is very friendly and always helpful. Most insurances are accepted so that wasn’t a problem for me either.
Huntington
He [Dr. Burns] was very kind to us. Very thorough... He was very good at answering our questions . He made us feel like he was always available to help us. I was always allowed to call 7 days a week. It was nice to have a doctor that was always there for you.... We tried fermara and i had depression as a side effect so we switched to clomid. Then he used the unltrasound to see if i was ovulating.
How was your experience with William Burns at Cabell Huntington Hospital?
Maybe be a little more clear on what the problem is
He was very kind to us. Very thorough
WONDERFUL STAFF
Describe your experience with Cabell Huntington Hospital.
It was a great facility . Everyone was very helpful and they always helped in any way possible. They were always nice and clear about what i needed to do. It was easy to find and everything was set up great Overall the clinic was great
It was expensive but my insurance was not good at the time.