Nurse available by email
FellowshipMed Col of Georgia
777 Hemlock Street
Macon, GA 31201
478.633.1000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Butler to a friend?

6.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Central Georgia Fertility Navicent to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 62%Neutral: 38%9
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Butler is not a warm man, which can contribute to a feeling of being just a number. He did, however, go over all results thoroughly with me and my spouse and made it clear he was invested in our care... is very knowledgeable, but seems to be less hands on with treatment. We were seen by another doctor in the practice far more than Doctor Butler. He was very efficient in establishing a course of treatment and was thorough in all diagnoses.
Cynthia [nurse at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent] is WONDERFUL! She was beyond caring and compassionate. Dee [nurse] was not quite as warm and seemed very disinterested in our care...Very well organized and the staff is very knowledgeable. Due to the small size of the practice, it is easy to get to know everyone on staff. The clinic is great about explaining the cost of treatment as well as scheduling appointments to the patient's needs.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Doctor Butler is very knowledgeable, but seems to be less hands on with treatment. We were seen by another doctor in the practice far more than Doctor Butler. He was very efficient in establishing a course of treatment and was thorough in all diagnoses.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Do not take his seemingly detached personality personally.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
Describe the protocols William Butler used in your cycles at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent and their degree of success.
Doctor Butler began with bloodwork which showed elevated prolactin. He repeated the bloodwork and followed it with an MRI to conclude with the diagnosis of pituitary microadenoma. He prescribed medication to treat the symptoms and also prescribed letrozol to induce ovulation. When the initial dose was ineffective, Dr. Butler increased the dose. We became pregnant via our 4th IUI.
Cynthia is WONDERFUL! She was beyond caring and compassionate. Dee was not quite as warm and seemed very disinterested in our care.
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
What specific things went wrong at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.

Very very kind Dr. Very nice and supportive. He [Dr. Butler] addresses you and sits right next to you on your level.he held my hand as he explained my endometriosis diagnosis. He took his time and explained everything thouroughly.... After all testing to ensure I ovulate and have good egg reserve and that my husband's sperm were good. He immediately seemed to know I had endometriosis. He scheduled the remove surgery 1 month later.
I love the clinic [Central Georgia Fertility Navicent] but the iui with meds is extremely expensive. The location is great, all staff friendly and knowledgeable. Decisions are made quickly and based on what is best for you. I never felt pressured to have to do anything including meds.... at my initial visit the nurse took all notes for me because the information was overwhelming... Iui with meds would have been 4k which in my opinion the odds were not good enough for that amount.
European, Latino, Native American
Very very kind Dr. Very nice and supportive. He addresses you and sits right next to you on your level.he held my hand as he explained my endometriosis diagnosis. He took his time and explained everything thouroughly.
He is very fast moving and ready to attack infertility at all angles.
Dr butler is very kind and treated me like I was his child. We were recommended to do iui but it is very expensive, 4k with meds so am looking into other clinics
After all testing to ensure I ovulate and have good egg reserve and that my husband's sperm were good. He immediately seemed to know I had endometriosis. He scheduled the remove surgery 1 month later. And the following month we started back trying to conceive , still no luck then referred to do iui
Very kind, explains everything in details and at my initial visit the nurse took all notes for me because the information was overwhelming
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I love the clinic but the iui with meds is extremely expensive. The location is great, all staff friendly and knowledgeable. Decisions are made quickly and based on what is best for you. I never felt pressured to have to do anything including meds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Butler at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I paid my copays of 75 each visit, which were a lot and deductible for surgery , no other services were covered by my insurance. Iui with meds would have been 4k which in my opinion the odds were not good enough for that amount.
+ Read more- Read less

So far, everyone [Central Georgia Fertility] I have met is very kind and informative. From the nurses to the front desk ladies, everyone is a great part of the team. I would say maybe they could work on their communication skills just a bit more, but overall we are happy with their office... I would say the only negative thing I have come across is that the receptionist isn’t always quick to respond or to send things.
I am a military wife and new to the area. Dr. Butler was very nice and welcoming. I can tell he assessed all my files because he was very educated on my history when I came to my appointment. After many follow up questions he did an ultrasound to see if my metformin was helping my PCOS symptoms. I fell like Dr. Butler was very up front with everything and did not sugar coat anything. I suggested that IVF was going to most likely be our best option due to my PCOS and my husbands low speed count.
Be ready to hear the truth and facts.
Dr. Butler was very straight and to the point, but I could also tell he cared.
Unfortunately I don’t have much to comment on this quite yet because I have yet to go through this with Dr.Butler
They were so kind and personable!
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
So far, everyone I have met is very kind and informative. From the nurses to the front desk ladies, everyone is a great part of the team. I would say maybe they could work on their communication skills just a bit more, but overall we are happy with their office
Luckily since I am a military spouse, so far all of my appointments have been covered. But IVF is not covered
What specific things went wrong at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?

Anovulation, Unexplained
...it felt like he and his staff knew who I was from the moment I got there. I didn't have to repeat old information and he was thorough with all questions I came with.
They [the nurses] were personable and didn't make you feel rushed.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Nice guy who really seemed to know my case and medical history upon my arrival.
You're going to be overwhelmed simply because of the type of treatment being that it feels so personal. He is kind and caring, you have nothing to fear, he was open to any and all questions. Nothing bad to say.
Dr. Butler personally knew my information from the paperwork I completed beforehand. He didn't wait until he was in with me to do it, it felt like he and his staff knew who I was from the moment I got there. I didn't have to repeat old information and he was thorough with all questions I came with.
They were personable and didn't make you feel rushed.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Butler always made sure to take the time to explain procedures and recommendations. He explained medical terms easy without expecting us to know them. I always feel at ease at his office...He explained the first procedure being surgery so he could hopefully cut down on the amount of procedures for Infertility if there was a diagnosis...First he did laparoscopic surgery and found endometriosis. After lasering it out since it was stage 2, he felt like I could get pregnant within the next few months. I did 3 IUI cycles of medications, 1 cycle was cancelled due to a tornado interrupting the insemination. 1 cycle did not work & another cycle my body ovulated early
They [Central Georgia Fertility Navicent] are very busy so it takes a while to get in, however, once an established patient they can make accomodations when needed or if there are concerns and questions. I loved being treated as a person every time going into the office...Both nurses were aware when there was a sensitive time during each cycle & were empathetic when needed...1 cycle did not work & another cycle my body ovulated early
Dr. Butler always made sure to take the time to explain procedures and recommendations. He explained medical terms easy without expecting us to know them. He explained the first procedure being surgery so he could hopefully cut down on the amount of procedures for Infertility if there was a diagnosis.
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as needed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent. (Assigned nurse: Dee and cynthia)
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
They are very busy so it takes a while to get in, however, once an established patient they can make accomodations when needed or if there are concerns and questions. I loved being treated as a person every time going into the office.
Tricare paid for treatment during IUI cycles & there was co pays for each medication & appt