Coastal Fertility Specialists

Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Florida
ResidencyJohns Hopkins
FellowshipJohns Hopkins
Wilimington
1500 Medical Center Dr
Wilimington, NC 28401
910-763-9509
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Cooper to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Coastal Fertility Specialists to a friend?
2012 - 2016
He [Dr. Cooper] is extremely intelligent. You can feel it when he walks in the room. He knows exactly what he's going to do the moment he walks in. He knows your case. He knows your treatment. He always has an answer and is confident in his work. I'm a huge fan and trust him whole heartedly...Tell him everything and let him work his magic...
2012 - 2016
How was your experience with William Cooper at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He is extremely intelligent. You can feel it when he walks in the room. He knows exactly what he's going to do the moment he walks in. He knows your case. He knows your treatment. He always has an answer and is confident in his work. I'm a huge fan and trust him whole heartedly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Cooper at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Tell him everything and let him work his magic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Cooper at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr Cooper and his staff always we're extremely friendly. They never made me feel rushed. The office was never overcrowded. Everything is very laid back and relaxed. I actually enjoy going there.
Describe the protocols William Cooper used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
After a slew of hormone panels and doing a 24 hour postcoital sperm analysis (meaning the sperm was sampled from inside of me 24hrs after sex), he knew I had PCOS and needed to start me on medication. I was cycleless, after all. So we started on BCPs and dexamethasone and realized that wasn't the answer (to down stimulate hormones). Provera (10mg 5days to inside period) So we tried Femara 2.5mg with several ultrasounds to check folicular growth. Nothing. Provera (10mg 5days to inside period) Tried 5mg Femara and had excellent follicle growth, but didn't ovulate. Provera (10mg 5days to inside period) Third cycle we did Femara 5mg with an HCG trigger shot. I became pregnant with that third round. I used vaginally inserted suppositories of progesterone from the day I found out I was pregnant (home pregnancy test) until I was 13wks along to be on the safe side. I didn't have low progesterone, but knew it was a potential effect of the PCOS. I wasn't willing to take chances and specifically requested it. I wasn't offered it. He agreed willingly without ever batting an eye. Made me feel good about my request and how willing he was to prescribe it to me.
Always friendly. Always had my charts ready. Super quick with blood draws and urine tests. Efficient and kind.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Quaint. Clean. Efficient. Dated, but not an issue. Overall fine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Cooper at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
$40 co-pay for each visit - included all bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc... $50 for one round of HCG trigger shots.
Bluffton
We started with Femara alone and that was unsuccessful. He [Dr. William Cooper] soon after recommended IUI which we did several times. He didn’t really tell us why this was the best option, but we believed he knew what was best. After several failed attempts, we were told about cysts I had on my ovaries. I felt this should have been told to me earlier in the process and by the doctor instead of a nurse.
How was your experience with William Cooper at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
At first we thought he was very thourough, however as time went on, we realized this was not the case. Several tests that should have been done were not. Also some information that he should have told us, he failed to
Research on your own and ask questions
We got to know the staff well and felt like more than just a nimber
We started with Femara alone and that was unsuccessful. He soon after recommended IUI which we did several times. He didn’t really tell us why this was the best option, but we believed he knew what was best. After several failed attempts, we were told about cysts I had on my ovaries. I felt this should have been told to me earlier in the process and by the doctor instead of a nurse.
The nurses were always friendly and would respond to me when asked a question or concern
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Much of the clinic was out dated. They needed renovations. Sometimes I felt like my privacy was not a main concern. The staff was friendly, but I feel the doctor used methods that were dated. I cannot think of anything else here
I believe each IUI was around $300
What specific things went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Wilimington