5.2

Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Dodd’s is a great person and doctor. He doesn’t rush through the appointment and thoroughly answers each question with years of experience clearly behind each thoughtful answer. He is understanding that this is a difficult and sensitive time for patients...I had tried clomid prior to seeing Dr. Dodd, and he explained that IN femara studies it have been shown to work better than clomid for pcos which I have. We tried femara twice which I ovulated with based on occupations tests and a progesterone level.
Nurses [The Fertility Ctr of Michigan] kind and compassionate, with you every step of the way. Detailed in keeping you updated on the plan and details for each new cycle. Staff communicate well with each other and with me.... They met me after each of my appointments to go over the next plan and future appointments which was appreciated. They were efficient at calling me back the same day, and working to make sure they retrieved any labs taken outside of the clinic.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodd’s is a great person and doctor. He doesn’t rush through the appointment and thoroughly answers each question with years of experience clearly behind each thoughtful answer. He is understanding that this is a difficult and sensitive time for patients, especially the woman. He is kind and detailed, with every script and note written, never missing one single fact. At the first appointment we talked about our personal lives, careers, and families including both his own and ours - which set the tone for each future appointment, making it feel like we were just meeting with a friend. We also met in casual settings that didn’t feel like a “doctor’s office” which contributed to our comfort. He is clearly close with his staff, which helped us trust him and all the staff at the fertility clinic, knowing they were a team all together supporting us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Great doctor- he has perfect bedside Manner and is excellent at his profession.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
My calls were answered quickly, my questions were taken seriously and given thorough answers, the processes were explained in great detail as well as printed out, the staff grieved with me with each negative pregnancy test, they also helped me find the cheapest pharmacy to get medications by cash. I also had a nurse meet with me at the end of each ultrasound/consultation to go over the plan and next steps.
Describe the protocols William Dodds used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
I had tried clomid prior to seeing Dr. Dodd, and he explained that IN femara studies it have been shown to work better than clomid for pcos which I have. We tried femara twice which I ovulated with based on occupations tests and a progesterone level. On the second round I didn’t get a positive ovulation test so I added ovidrel in the third and fourth cycles to ensure good ovulation. On the third and fourth cycles we did a mid cycles ultrasound Which showed that my uterine lining was getting smaller, and on the fourth round, which I had increased the dose of femara on, I was still only getting one follicle, so we have decided to move on to injectable with ovidrel and IUI which I am doing now. He explained that injectables will stimulate more eggs and thus increase chances of pregnancy. He also said iui doesn’t increase your chances by much, but we still wanted to try this during these injectable cycles as we will do 3 of them and then move to IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They met me after each of my appointments to go over the next plan and future appointments which was appreciated. They were efficient at calling me back the same day, and working to make sure they retrieved any labs taken outside of the clinic. They were kind and compassionate and I appreciated them greatly at critical moments during my treatments.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Thorough and understanding doctors with lots of experience. Nurses kind and compassionate, with you every step of the way. Detailed in keeping you updated on the plan and details for each new cycle. Staff communicate well with each other and with me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
$300 for each ultrasound - which were multiple in some cycles. $600 -iui. $500 - first months dose of gonal f. $50 - femara. $50- metformin.
Describe William Dodds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Dr. Dodd’s suggested a 2 embryo transfer as that will increase our chances of success, with a reasonable chance of a multiple pregnancy. Also is it obviously a very expensive procedure, so that is to be considered.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
At my first appointment, dr Dodd’s put ovidrel in his office note but we hadn’t discussed it and it was prescribed. It worked out as I was going to start it anyway.

Treated 2014 - 2019
He [Dr. Dodds] is very friendly and compassionate. Blunt but not too blunt. Good bedside manner. We haven’t gotten the results we have been hoping for yet but he is always very understanding and always adjusting my plan and listening to my needs/wants. ... Sometimes I feel like he is stretched thin and in a hurry but other times he really takes his time.
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are very organized and friendly. Sometimes they run behind on time but then there are days where I am in and out in a timely manner. They always are on the same page as the doctor. A weakness is sometimes I have to call and ask certain things before they get the chance to call me. I’m sure they’re busy though. ... The only issue was my ERA test-the scheduling staff kept wanting to change it to a different day and time not knowing that it is a time sensitive test and didn’t to be done exactly when the nurse sugguested.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is very friendly and compassionate. Blunt but not too blunt. Good bedside manner. We haven’t gotten the results we have been hoping for yet but he is always very understanding and always adjusting my plan and listening to my needs/wants.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and tell him what you would prefer/want-he is good at listening to your preferences and then adding in his professional advice.
At first I could tell he didn’t remember me or my husband but then as we continued to go there he now remembers us and it very friendly. Sometimes I feel like he is stretched thin and in a hurry but other times he really takes his time.
Nursing staff is amazing, always so helpful and never make you feel stupid or crazy for your questions or concerns. Always called with results in a timely manner and showed compassion.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are very organized and friendly. Sometimes they run behind on time but then there are days where I am in and out in a timely manner. They always are on the same page as the doctor. A weakness is sometimes I have to call and ask certain things before they get the chance to call me. I’m sure they’re busy though.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were always in the morning and usually very quick. It worked for me because of my drive and then I just went to work afterwards.
Retrieval with transferring 5 day embryo with ICSI and embryo glue was roughly $10,000. My meds were around $3,000 and my montoring was roughly $2,500
We wanted to transfer 2 and he was okay with that, he never questioned it but I think it was because he knew I had poor egg quality and wanted to better our chances.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
The only issue was my ERA test-the scheduling staff kept wanting to change it to a different day and time not knowing that it is a time sensitive test and didn’t to be done exactly when the nurse sugguested. I feel like for scheduling staff that they should definently know that. Thankfully I knew it was time sensitive and stood my ground.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Dodds made me feel very comfortable and confident with his treatment plan. He told me all of the details and made me hopeful. The only thing that I wish could have done differently is that he would have suggested the hsg test before I started the Femara.... I had an ultrasound done and Dr. Dodds could tell that I had pcos. Because of the multiple cysts on my ovaries and infertility as well as some other symptoms he was confident
The strengths they [Fertility Center of Michigan] have are fast scheduling, prompt return calls, so caring and knowledgeable, great at explaining the next step. They have multiple doctors that you can see if your doctor isn't available and they are all great! When you call with questions they call you back within the hour and always answer all of your questions.... The nursing staff has been incredible! They make me feel comfortable and are genuinely concerned
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Ask every question you can think of! There are no stupid questions!
He took the time to answer all of my questions and to explain the diagnosis of PCOS. He gave me hope with the treatment plan he decided and explained to me!
I had an ultrasound done and Dr. Dodds could tell that I had pcos. Because of the multiple cysts on my ovaries and infertility as well as some other symptoms he was confident with the diagnosis. He started me on Femara 5 mg for the first cycle. It worked but the second cycle we decided to add the trigger shot to take out the guess work of when I ovulate. Now this third cycle because I only had one follicle the previous two we increased my dosage to 7.5 of Femara with the trigger shot. I had one large follicle again. I have a consultation scheduled in a couple weeks if I am not pregnant to go over the next options.
The nursing staff has been incredible! They make me feel comfortable and are genuinely concerned and so caring every time I call or come in for my appointments. They make the visits each month as enjoyable as they can be.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The strengths they have are fast scheduling, prompt return calls, so caring and knowledgeable, great at explaining the next step. They have multiple doctors that you can see if your doctor isn't available and they are all great! When you call with questions they call you back within the hour and always answer all of your questions. I can't really think of any weaknesses at this point.
I paid everything out of pocket. Consultation $250. Ultrasound $200 Nurse consultation $75
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. William Dodds] had us try clomid for 6 rounds. unsuccessful. we then trying to set my body my body up for ivf, where my body did not respond to the drugs . this is when we found out that the D&C damaged uterus lining. he did everything to make sure we could have our family. he performed a surgery to attempt to restore my lining . unsuccessful...[Dr. Dodds] is caring . Explains plans in details. Answers all our questions. calls us back if we have questions. knows who we are
Everyone one at the clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is patient, compassionate and understanding. No matter how many times you call or email, they are happy to assist you with their knowledge...Egg Donor process was slow moving . they had us wait months for a certain nurse, who did not end up being there for our initial appointment. I like the clinic because they never are frustrated with things. they are completely understanding and show empathy every phone call, email, or visit.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr Dodds I did recommend to my best experiencing infertility. Reason is that he is knowledgeable and can run several test that may determine a solution. He always makes sure we fully understand the steps in the plan and what are options are .
This process is overwhelming . Your head is foggy with anxiety , sadness and negativity. Before you go to the appointment, write down your goals and questions
Dr Dodds is caring . Explains plans in details. Answers all our questions. calls us back if we have questions. knows who we are
when we first met Dr Dodds, I had miscarried three times. he understood getting pregnant was not an issue for us , but staying pregnant was . He had us try clomid for 6 rounds. unsuccessful. we then trying to set my body my body up for ivf, where my body did not respond to the drugs . this is when we found out that the D&C damaged uterus lining. he did everything to make sure we could have our family. he performed a surgery to attempt to restore my lining . unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin Strouse)
Everyone one at the clinic is patient, compassionate and understanding. No matter how many times you call or email, they are happy to assist you with their knowledge
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think that being drugs for me, ultrsounds, tests, consultations,egg donor. We are well over 50k

Treated 2016 - 2019
[Dr. William Dodds] Updated me every step of the way. Even called me after egg retrievals to go over things and give me his opinion even after business hours...I believe he is a very compassionate caring doctor. Very knowledgeable and truely cares. Will do what is best for the pt and he listens to what you have to say. Will come to a conclusion that works for everyone involved...On the first round we only ended up with 1 frozen embryo. So with the second and third round we did the same dosage of Menopur decreased the Gonal F and grew the follicles bigger due to the fact I had a more immature eggs duing the first round.
The office staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are very nice and helpful. They all are very compassionate and willing to listen and help you out. They began to know you by name. I think it would be nice to see the same physician when they are adjusting med dosages but besides that they do a wonderful job...Loved Robin [nurse] very informative and helpful. Could call her for anything When she would get back with you in a timely manner.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is great. And easy to talk to. Do not be afraid to ask questions or tell him how you really feel about something.
He always talked to me. Updated me every step of the way. Even called me after egg retrievals to go over things and give me his opinion even after business hours.
I used Menopur 75,Gonal F, (do not rememberdose)and added cetrotide and then a trigger shot. On the first round we only ended up with 1 frozen embryo. So with the second and third round we did the same dosage of Menopur decreased the Gonal F and grew the follicles bigger due to the fact I had a more immature eggs duing the first round. The first round 5 retrieved 1 frozen. Second round 7 retrieved 3 frozen. Third round 14 retrieved 10 frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin s)
Loved Robin very informative and helpful. Could call her for anything When she would get back with you in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The office staff are very nice and helpful. They all are very compassionate and willing to listen and help you out. They began to know you by name. I think it would be nice to see the same physician when they are adjusting med dosages but besides that they do a wonderful job.
Monitoring was always done in the morning so if medications needed to be changed they would call you in the afternoon to let you know. It went like a well oiled machine in my book.
Well we are around 24,000 which includes 3 rounds of IVF, monitoring, medications, and some of our gestational carriers things are paid for.
No he said it was up to me and my gestational carrier.
Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr. Dodd’s comes in the room shaking your hand always starting a conversation and never immediately about infertility. We never feel rushed while meeting with him. ... The phone calls he makes when the news isn’t always great is so sincere and positive. I really appreciate the time he takes during appointments and phone calls he makes.
The staff [The Fertility Center of MI] is top notch, a beautiful welcoming facility. They all do a wonderful job in making you feel as comfortable as possible and are great at making the stress of the procedures a bit less. ... There was not ever a line [for monitoring appointments] we waited in the waiting room as if it was a regular appointment. We scheduled the time we were able to make it
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We love Dr. Dodd’s he was able to change up our transfer each time it didn’t work to try something different to try and set us up for success. After a failed fresh transfer and a failed frozen transfer he never made us feel like we wouldn’t conceive. After our 2nd frozen transfer we conceived and carrier our son to term. The phone calls he makes when the news isn’t always great is so sincere and positive. I really appreciate the time he takes during appointments and phone calls he makes.
Ask questions he is more then willing to answer them
Dr. Dodd’s comes in the room shaking your hand always starting a conversation and never immediately about infertility. We never feel rushed while meeting with him. He’s interested/ask question about things that are not related to infertility just to make it a less stressful experience.
We used the resistant uterine protocol on our last frozen cycle. I believe that is what worked for us. Unfortunately I can’t remember the entire process or meds that were prescribed
The nursing staff was always very kind and supportive during the process.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I do not have any weaknesses that I can think of in regards to the clinic. The staff is top notch, a beautiful welcoming facility. They all do a wonderful job in making you feel as comfortable as possible and are great at making the stress of the procedures a bit less.
There was not ever a line we waited in the waiting room as if it was a regular appointment. We scheduled the time we were able to make it
Around $14000 I believe with the retrieval and 3 transfers (1 fresh 2 frozen)
He was very set on not transferring more then 2. He did say the odds of successful pregnancy were slightly higher when transferring 2.
Treated 2016 - 2018
It was determined I have a heart-shaped (bicornuate) uterus ... He [Dr. Dodds] has stuck with us and has kept us hopeful during a tough journey. He is always comprehensive in his treatment planning and when a treatment hasn't proven to be successful, he is great about tweaking things or offering other options. He is direct and very smart. He is also caring and empathetic. If I had to start treatment over, I would absolutely stick with him as my doctor.
Great staff [Fertility Center of Michigan], although sometimes tough to get through on the phone immediately to someone (obviously not including emergencies). Often I have to leave a message and wait for a call back to schedule or to have questions answered. ... IVF without PGS for healthy 28-30y.o. was about 8-10K. With PGS clinic cost is about 12.5K and seperate PGS fee is 5.8K.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Even though we haven't had our miracle baby yet, I still am so thankful for having Dr. Dodds as our doctor. He has stuck with us and has kept us hopeful during a tough journey. He is always comprehensive in his treatment planning and when a treatment hasn't proven to be successful, he is great about tweaking things or offering other options. He is direct and very smart. He is also caring and empathetic. If I had to start treatment over, I would absolutely stick with him as my doctor.
Schedule to meet with him if you have questions and make sure to bring a list of questions! He is great about explaining options and also great about listening to you.
When we first started medicated cycles at The Fertility Center, I rarely saw any of the doctors, but when I did, it was always a good experience. However as we have continued on through IUIs, then IVF, a miscarriage, the care has gotten more and more personalized and Dr. Dodds has been extremely empathetic, thorough, and generous. He has squeezed us in when the schedule was "full" and never rushes the conversation when we meet with him.
He first ordered blood work, sperm analysis, and HSG for diagnostic testing. It was determined I have a heart-shaped (bicornuate) uterus, otherwise we were unexplained. Multiples is a big risk with this condition, so he made sure to start me out on the lowest dose of Femara when I started medicated cycles. He had me come in for one midcycle US and we were able to adjust meds to get the anywhere from 1-3 follicles. After 4 cycles on femara, we met with him and he offered IUI or IVF. I was close to overproducing follicles a couple times (and again multiples is risky for me), so IVF would be more predictable. But, due to cost, we decided to do IUIs first and he was very understanding. We added in injectables to help with egg quality and ended up having to cancel our first month due to overproducing. After that, he had me come in a lot earlier and more frequent to monitor closely. The next 3 IUIs went smoothly (except for not getting a positive pregnancy test!). We then moved on to IVF. Before starting, I was on birth control for 6 weeks to quiet everything. We had a great retrieval with 17 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, all 16 fertilized, and 12 made it to day 2 freeze. I had to do a freeze-all because of risk of hyperstimulation. After our first day 3 embryo FET, I got pregnant, but miscarried at 10 weeks. I then went on to do 3 more FETs, all failed. We met with him after each FET to discuss next steps. He did try an immune protocol for resistant uterus for the last two FETs due to some indications that I may have autoimmune issues. This last FET we ended up transferring two embryos, as we hadn't had luck with single embryo transfers. After 4 transfers and 5 embryos transferred, we met again and Dr. Dodds had discussed our case with the other three doctors at the practice and gave us several options moving forward. We are now considering doing a fresh round of IVF and PGS testing all embryos, new and old. We got karyotyping done on me and are waiting on results. I also have a hysteroscopy scheduled for next week to look at the inside of the uterus to determine if anything obvious could be preventing implantation.
There are a lot and they are all super nice and helpful. Early in our time at the Fertility Center, I sometimes felt like I had to remind some of them about certain unique parts of my case, but as we have moved on to IVF, the nurses seem to be very up to speed.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Great staff, although sometimes tough to get through on the phone immediately to someone (obviously not including emergencies). Often I have to leave a message and wait for a call back to schedule or to have questions answered. But, everyone is always helpful! They run things efficiently and are good about getting back to you that day if indicated.
IVF without PGS for healthy 28-30y.o. was about 8-10K. With PGS clinic cost is about 12.5K and seperate PGS fee is 5.8K. IUI ended up being about 1.5K per cycle. Medicated cycles alone were pretty cheap, usually $100-200.
With a bicornuate uterus, we were encouraged to transfer one embryo. Not until our fourth transfer did we end up transferring two. Dr. Dodds went over all the pros/cons with us.
Grand Rapids
Dr Dodds does go over info in a matter of fact and easy way to understand, but also gets to know you as a person. He calls himself when needed and makes sure you understand the plans moving forward but respects how you want to proceed with treatment. ... We have done one round of IUI Femara Protocol so far. ... We have not conceived yet so are trying another round of that same protocol and increasing the dose of Femara
The [Fertility Center of Michigan] environment is welcoming and comfortable. They are professional and organized for the most part. Every person we have encountered has been kind and willing to answer questions. ... There was one instance where the nurse had told me over the phone that she would send the prescriptions in and they were not at our pharmacy after a couple days.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We are in the middle of our fertility journey so I haven't had too many encounters with Dr Dodds yet, however the ones I have had been positive. Upon meeting him he was very informative, but in a way thats easy to understand. He let us know what he thought the best plan for us was and also took some time getting to know us. He is professional but understanding and compassionate. He also called me personally the day of our IUI to discuss how it went and his thoughts for moving forward. We are confident and happy with the care we are receiving.
Don't be afraid to ask questions! He is more than happy to elaborate if you don't understand. Also don't be afraid to ask for a different option if you're not comfortable with the one he gives. For example, he thought we may be better off trying IVF but we decided to exhaust the IUI option first. He was supportive of this decision.
We have done one round of IUI Femara Protocol so far. We are using Femara, a mid cycle ultrasound, and ovidril injection. We have not conceived yet so are trying another round of that same protocol and increasing the dose of Femara
The nursing staff has been supportive, kind, and informative. They encouraged us when we were upset, answered all of our questions without making us feel silly, and have been incredibly professional during treatments.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The environment is welcoming and comfortable. They are professional and organized for the most part. Every person we have encountered has been kind and willing to answer questions. We were really nervous on our first visit but the nurses made it more comfortable. You will first meet with a nurse to go over your information, then your Dr will meet with you in their office. We were very worried that it would be a very emotional experience, but the staff and environment made it much easier than we thought.
We are only beginning. Our first patient visit we just paid a copay because our insurance covers diagnostic costs. The cost of IUI was $600 (not including our medication, that was an additional $120)
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
There was one instance where the nurse had told me over the phone that she would send the prescriptions in and they were not at our pharmacy after a couple days. I called back and another nurse could see that we had talked but that the scripts weren't actually sent. She sent them and it was taken care of quickly.
Treated 2015 - 2018
He [Dr. William Dodds] seemed to really care and wanted us to have a family almost as badly as we wanted to have one...I felt like if I ever needed to talk to Dr. Dodds about something he would make sure he was there for me. You can tell he has been doing this for a long time and creating families is his passion...suggested we move to IVF due to my age of 38...We were very happy Dr. Dodds allowed us to transfer 3 embryos on two separate occasions due to my age and my biological clock running out.
The Fertility Center is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. Two qualities that are important and needed when a family is going through such a personal and sometimes devastating struggle to make their family bigger...Each one [nurse] again showed compassion and care for our story. Some of them had their own stories which helped to know they sort of knew the struggle we felt...We were very happy Dr. Dodds allowed us to transfer 3 embryos on two separate occasions due to my age and my biological clock running out.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We felt like family with Dr. Dodds. I think he truly cares about our story and knows how badly we wanted a family. On the visits we didn't see Dr. Dodds, we saw exceptional and caring Drs I felt like if I ever needed to talk to Dr. Dodds about something he would make sure he was there for me. You can tell he has been doing this for a long time and creating families is his passion.
Keep going. What you are doing is a team effort with Dr. Dodd's. He will do his part and you will need to do your part.
He seemed to really care and wanted us to have a family almost as badly as we wanted to have one.
My husband and I had been trying to conceive for 4 years prior to seeing Dr. Dodd's. We had tried several IUI's with my OBGYN. One resulted in a pregnancy that ended in a stillbirth at 30 weeks. We never got pregnant on our own or any other time trying IUI with my OBGYN. In the consult with Dr. Dodd's, he talked about trying IUI twice with Clomyd before moving to more intensive treatment. I got pregnant and then miscarried with my first IUI treatment with Dr. Dodds. He then allowed me to try more than 2 IUI's, knowing I was able to get pregnant with the first round. After the 4th or 6th (can't remember how many we did) IUI that year, he then suggested we move to IVF due to my age of 38. My husband and I were hesitant due to the cost. We soon realized we needed to take the next step to IVF. We contacted Dr. Dodd's to let him know we wanted to take the next step and then it moved fast from there. We did the egg retrieval a couple of months later and did a live embryo transfer (3 embryos) two days later. We froze the 5 remaining. I had a successful pregnancy and gave birth to our son at 36 weeks and 5 days in May 2017. We then did an embryo transfer of 3 frozen embryos in March/April 2018 that resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Then in August 2018 we transferred our last 2 frozen embryos with a IUI two days prior to the embryo transfer. This round resulted in a positive pregnancy test. We soon found out we were pregnant with twins. Then I miscarried the twins at 7 weeks. At that point I was done trying due to my age and all that we had been through. We are happy with our son in heaven and our son on this earth. We are so grateful to Dr. Dodds, Dr. Shavell and Dr. Thakur for all their support and care they provided through our treatments. They showed compassion and humanity and some of their own personal stories. I can not say enough good things about The Fertility Center's team of doctors.
Each one again showed compassion and care for our story. Some of them had their own stories which helped to know they sort of knew the struggle we felt.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr Dodds is one the kindest people I have ever met. He was so caring and understanding. He helped us see the light at the end of the tunnel when we couldn't see it ourselves. He celebrated our victories with us and was always there if we needed it. He was willing to look into things if needed and would always talk over my options with us so that we could decide together what was best...Dr Dodds was always so kind to me and positive. He was open to things I suggested and answered all my questions without rushing me. He made me feel like I was the only patient every time he was with me.
$6000 for IVF not including meds or monitoring appointments $3300 for frozen transfer My insurance covered meds with a $150 copay for each medication and completely covered ultrasounds...Everyone at the [Fertility Center] Kalamazoo office is wonderful from the front desk staff to the doctors. The only weakness I would say is their open hours so you have to drive to the main Grand Rapids office sometimes but for the most part don't have to
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Trust that he has your very best interest at heart!
My first retrieval we used follostim and menopur and then added in ganirelix when appropriate. We triggered with both HCG and lupron due to my history of mild OHSS. I did a fresh transfer with that cycle that resulted in a negative pregnancy test. I had 3 frozen day 2 embryos left from this cycle. My next retrieval cycle we did the same protocol but this time did a freeze all cycle. My first frozen transfer of a day 3 embryo using the long lupron protocol resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My second frozen transfer using the stimulated protocol (due to unwanted side effects with lupron) with follistim resulted in a successful singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley is a wonderful, kind and caring nurse. She answered all my questions and would talk to me on the phone as much as I needed to feel comfortable. I can't say enough nice things about her!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Everyone at the Kalamazoo office is wonderful from the front desk staff to the doctors. The only weakness I would say is their open hours so you have to drive to the main Grand Rapids office sometimes but for the most part don't have to
My doctor recommended transferring 2 embryos each time which I agreed with
Kalamazoo
You may request him [Dr. William Dodds] as your doctor or see him the first time, but most likely you’ll see different doctors the rest of the way...He made me feel comfortable during the visit. After a dismal first retrieval result (only 2 poor quality embryos made it to day 4), he called personally then changed my plan to multi-cycle plan which is much more cost effective. I saw him just one more time after the initial visit, as his other colleagues did the procedures. After 2 retrievals, I had an FET which was successful
They were very flexible [for monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan], and the good thing was they have a lot of clinics so if the schedule would not work out in a clinic, you have other options...I thought they were reasonable [cost-wise]. The multi-cycle plan was cost effective. There were no hidden costs...The clinic gave me a choice [on embryo transfer]. I’m not sure if they transfer more than 2...Weakness: very busy practice, so it’s understandable how the organization can be compromised. Their kalamazoo clinic’s waiting room was such that everyone waiting could hear everything you’re discussing with the receptionist. Having a lot of clinics in different parts of michigan made it easier to have ultrasounds done when we were in the process of moving
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
You may request him as your doctor or see him the first time, but most likely you’ll see different doctors the rest of the way
When the first egg retrieval had bad results, he personally called to deliver the news
We discussed my first egg retrieval with another clinic which had to be terminated as only one follicle was developing during treatment, and his opinion was that my med dosages were too low. Stim meds were increased in dose and the results were better than the first but still not good (2 poor quality embryos produced). The next cycle I took estrogen supplements first to stimulate follicle production and my stim meds were increased further (maximum), and the results were better - 3 embryos but their qualities were better. I decided to do fet then instead of going through a third egg retrieval as we moved and it was too hard to go to appointments for egg retrieval. 2 embryos were transferred, and I had one baby born
I spoke to a different nurse each time. They were all really nice. You rarely ever call without having to leave a message in the voicemail though. Sometimes they did hive conflicting information though, but just for minor things that I can’t recall anymore
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic seems to have a pretty good success rate and is quite popular. I found the costs to be reasonable, and better than the first clinic I went to. No hidden costs (again unlike the first clinic I went to where I was charged $450 every time I talked to a nurse coordinator). Weakness: very busy practice, so it’s understandable how the organization can be compromised. Their kalamazoo clinic’s waiting room was such that everyone waiting could hear everything you’re discussing with the receptionist. Having a lot of clinics in different parts of michigan made it easier to have ultrasounds done when we were in the process of moving
They were very flexible, and the good thing was they have a lot of clinics so if the schedule would not work out in a clinic, you have other options
I thought they were reasonable. The multi-cycle plan was cost effective. There were no hidden costs
The clinic gave me a choice. I’m not sure if they transfer more than 2
Treated 2016 - 2017
What we did expect was for him [Dr. Dodds] to do his job as far as explaining our course of treatment, answering any questions we had, and helping us feel comfortable with our journey, and he accomplished all of that. He was very warm and had great bedside manner for both our egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Even my husband said, "I like him. He's a good doctor."... there have also been times where he truly is patient with questions we have and he sits and answers all of them. We never felt rushed or like he didn't have the time for us.
I think The Fertility Center's biggest strength is definitely the staff. From the front desk through checkout, they are friendly and helpful! It is also a very clean and updated facility. I think a weakness would be billing. It's confusing and not always explained well...The 4 main nurses that we saw were Sandy, Amy, Ashley and Shana. They were all amazing! I appreciated so much that they cared about me as a person and not just another patient. Shana did my ultrasounds, Amy and Ashley met with me after each ultrasound to help me understand my next steps and Sandy helped with my egg retrieval.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We were very happy. We understand that it's a busy clinic and he sees many patients so we weren't expecting to feel like we were the only ones there because, let's be honest, that's not realistic. What we did expect was for him to do his job as far as explaining our course of treatment, answering any questions we had, and helping us feel comfortable with our journey, and he accomplished all of that. He was very warm and had great bedside manner for both our egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Even my husband said, "I like him. He's a good doctor." Which my hubby is typically a go with the follow type guy so I was happy to hear that from him! Overall we have been very happy with our treatment from Dr. Dodds so far!
Have questions ready to ask, he is always willing to take the time to answer them and make you feel as comfortable as you can. Also, understand he is human, he is not perfect, but he absolutely cares about his patients.
There have been a couple times where my husband and I have felt that he says something to us that "he probably says to everyone." However, there have also been times where he truly is patient with questions we have and he sits and answers all of them. We never felt rushed or like he didn't have the time for us.
Our process went fairly smooth, but I appreciated that they carefully monitored my Estradiol and Progesterone levels as we were doing our follicle stimulating hormone injections. At one point my dosage was lowered and that made me feel confident that it was being carefully monitored. I am sure that this is a protocol for most clinics, but it was just one more thing that gave me added security going through it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy, Amy, Ashley, Shana )
The 4 main nurses that we saw were Sandy, Amy, Ashley and Shana. They were all amazing! I appreciated so much that they cared about me as a person and not just another patient. Shana did my ultrasounds, Amy and Ashley met with me after each ultrasound to help me understand my next steps and Sandy helped with my egg retrieval. They all went above and beyond making me feel comfortable and confident in my treatment.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think The Fertility Center's biggest strength is definitely the staff. From the front desk through checkout, they are friendly and helpful! It is also a very clean and updated facility. I think a weakness would be billing. It's confusing and not always explained well. Definitely remember to be your own advocate and make sure that your bills are what you were expecting. If not, ask questions!!
Including our initial appt to discuss treatment options, my husbands sperm extraction, my preliminary testing, hysteroscopy surgery, multiple ultrasounds, injections/medications, retrieval, transfer, and embryo storage fees we have probably spent close to $20,000 at this point.
I appreciate that Dr. Dodds allowed us to make most of our decisions. I never felt like we were being questioned or steered in a different direction than what we wanted. He allowed us to make the decision to transfer 2 embryos.
Treated 2013 - 2017
Dr. Dodds is amazing. At first he can seem a bit cold/impersonal, but if you enjoy someone who is blunt but compassionate, he's the doctor for you. And if you fall into the category of "long time" patients, he will become your best ally and an amazing support system...Dr. Dodds is invested in his patients' successes. He's willing to think outside the box and explore alternative treatment options when the first few fail...PCOS patient- used both an estrogen priming protocol (poor egg quality) and an agonist protocol.
The clinic [The Fertility Center] is small enough to keep it intimate and personal, but large enough that they're on the cutting edge of technology such as time lapse. My only complaint is their strong preference for day 2 transfers instead of blast culture...Only once did we have an issue, and it was because they had called the wrong patient so we were confused when they told us that our transfer was several days earlier than it should have been.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Give him time. He's amazing once you get to know him.
PCOS patient- used both an estrogen priming protocol (poor egg quality) and an agonist protocol. Once we moved on to FETs exclusively, we added in the resistant uterine protocol, and eventually some stronger immune treatments (IV lipids, high dose steroids, injectable blood thinners) since we couldn't pinpoint a cause for our recurrent losses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing. They held us as we cried after every loss, and celebrated with us the day we finally graduated to our OB with our rainbow pregnancy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is small enough to keep it intimate and personal, but large enough that they're on the cutting edge of technology such as time lapse. My only complaint is their strong preference for day 2 transfers instead of blast culture.
Their costs are listed on their website. Over the course of 5 years, we spent close to $40,000 between IUI cycles, 2 IVF retrievals, 4 frozen transfers, and 2 donor embryo IVF cycles.
Dr. Dodds strongly advocated for eSET since it does not impact live birth rate, but decreases your risk of multiples.
Treated 2017
Fertility is serious but Dr. Dodds is able to lighten the mood and make you feel at ease. He genuinely cares about your success...not only did we have a great egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and successful pregnancy with Dr. Dodds but I felt great about it the entire time. I knew that he was doing the best he could for use to ensure success. I like being able to joke around with someone and feel like a friend rather than having a stuffy doctor!
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy more than once...IVF at the clinic cost about $8000 not including medication...is great but make sure you are your own advocate. They do these procedures and do these appointments every day - I think sometimes the staff forgets that it might be your first appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions - everyone's more than happy to help...
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is amazing. He has a great personality. Fertility is serious but Dr. Dodds is able to lighten the mood and make you feel at ease. He genuinely cares about your success. I had a great experience with Dr. Dodds - not only did we have a great egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and successful pregnancy with Dr. Dodds but I felt great about it the entire time. I knew that he was doing the best he could for use to ensure success. I like being able to joke around with someone and feel like a friend rather than having a stuffy doctor!
I know that fertility is very serious and for some people it's not a joking matter. For us, we had been trying to conceiver for 2 years before we saw Dr. Dodds for IVF. We had been through the ringer with lots of failures and it was just our life at the time and we wanted to be able to talk and joke with someone and make it not so serious. IVF is HARD - might as well try and make it somewhat enjoyable!
Super friendly and helpful. He is a genuine nice guy who cares about your success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
All of the nurses at the Fertility Center are great! They treat you like a friend and care about your success.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The Fertility Center is great but make sure you are your own advocate. They do these procedures and do these appointments every day - I think sometimes the staff forgets that it might be your first appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions - everyone's more than happy to help.
IVF at the clinic cost about $8000 not including medication.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
They sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy more than once.
Treated 2013 - 2017
Dr. Dodds is always friendly and compassionate. He will not sugar-coat anything and will make sure you understand what will happen. It is clear that he wants you to succeed. He sometimes talks very fast and about clinical/medical things that are over your head, but he is very passionate about what he does....Don't be afraid to ask questions and tell him to slow down if you don't understand something....After 5 failed IUIs (using Clomid or Femara), we chose to go ahead with IVF to increase our chances.
They [The Fert Ctr- Grand Rapids] are one of the cheaper IVF clinics, but this is because they do two-day embryo transfers and very little monitoring. They have a small staff of only 3-4 doctors, so it is sometimes difficult to get on the schedule. They also produce a lot of twin pregnancies as they recommend transferring two embryos....At least once we had to call the nurse line to have them send a prescription that they said they called in.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dodds is always personable and doesn't just talk medical stuff.
After 5 failed IUIs (using Clomid or Femara), we chose to go ahead with IVF to increase our chances. Thebfresh transfer failed. The FET resulted in a blighted ovum. There are no known fertility issues.
They are always friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are one of the cheaper IVF clinics, but this is because they do two-day embryo transfers and very little monitoring. They have a small staff of only 3-4 doctors, so it is sometimes difficult to get on the schedule. They also produce a lot of twin pregnancies as they recommend transferring two embryos.
Over $30,000 so far
They recommend transferring two two-day embryos. They have a high result of twins because of this. We know several couples personally who have twins from this practice who have no known fertility issues (lesbian couples) and are not advanced maternal age. The clinic doesn't normally grown embryos to day five, with the theory that the embryos do better the sooner you transfer them back. These strategies seem to help with cost saving more than actual outcomes.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr.Dodds gave us pretty tragic news, we couldn't conceive on our own(due to me having hydrosalpinx). How he told us changed everything, he was very sympathetic and apologetic. He told us our options, and explained everything thoroughly to us....Dr.Dodds even explained the financial side and how to apply for grants. He didn't leave us in the dark at any time.... I had to go to Grand Rapids and see Dr.Shavell (equally as compassionate and amazing) to have the dye test done.
I honestly feel that the entire staff at the Fertility Center, is amazing. I didn't have a single bad experience, and I feel everyone was rooting for us the entire time. They make a great team....They are on top of everything, very thorough and also very compassionate. Prompt call backs, and great at being abled to work around erratic schedules. I can't think of any "weaknesses" as I had a great experience with the center itself.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I personally wouldn't see myself going anywhere else. It takes a special kind of person to be so caring, when they don't have to be. Even though we couldn't afford to go through with IVF, Dr.Dodds even explained the financial side and how to apply for grants. He didn't leave us in the dark at any time.
Tell your doctor everything. There are all types of reasons why conceiving could not happen right away. It may be something minute.
My husband and I both had our fertility tested. I had to go to Grand Rapids and see Dr.Shavell (equally as compassionate and amazing) to have the dye test done. She explained to me what to expect, and helped coach my breathing through the process. She also explained everything that was going to happen right before it did.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Because I was being tested for fertility, my insurance covered everything. I also had to have reproductive surgery (burned tubes) that was also covered by insurance, my out of pocket was covered. Dr.Dodds explained how to apply for grants to do ivf, both for the Fertility Center and outside of.
Treated 2016
Dr Dodds sat down with both my husband and myself and explained everything regarding our infertility in a manner that we both could fully understand. He was very compassionate and understanding. He didn’t make us feel like “another statistic”. His calm demeanor took away as much stress and anxiety that could be taken away. He was all around wonderful.
Everyone at The Fertility Center we’re incredibly compassionate and understanding. They helped to make the experience less nerve wrecking. They were very kind and professional. They explained everything that they did, and why they were doing it. They included my husband and myself in every part of the planning. They also allowed my mother in law to be there for a large majority of treatment.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds was very compassionate and understanding of what myself and my husband were going through. He explained himself thoroughly. He was very kind and calm when he spoke to us. He was very matter of fact, which I appreciate in a doctor.
Write a list of questions down that you may have.
He put me on metformin to help control my hormones, tried a cycle with clomid trying to conceive naturally. And did two cycles with injectables. One, he had us try naturally because my eggs weren’t as mature as he would have liked, and the second we tried IUI. All three cycles ended in a negative pregnancy result. We could not continue to try, because our insurance doesn’t cover treatment.
They were all so incredibly kind. They made the entire experience a little more comfortable.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Our insurance paid for a portion of office visits, but did not pay for treatment or medication. But, the prices were not that terrible.
I do not fully remember, but I do believe he said they suggest no more than two embryos to be transferred.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. Dodds wanted to make sure we were happy with the treatment path, he gave us options that were more conservative, then let us choose how long we wanted to try each treatment before finally moving on to IVF. He is honest in what he thinks will or won't work, and he's compassionate and there to help in the ultimate goal of baby.
Nurses [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] always answered as many questions as we had, and if you thought of something later they always called back in a timely manner. They were always patient and compassionate. Very knowledgable...The clinic was a typical physician's office, the waiting room is a little more cozy than most (but we aren't going to the waiting room huh). Patient rooms were fine. It is nice to move to a consult room to talk with the staff instead of keeping you in your gown in a room.
Let him know if you do not want all the details, he explained everything very well to us. Take notes if you need to. You can always call the office if you forgot something that was talked about in the appointment. He is confident because he is good at what he does, and he will work hard to find out what is causing your infertility and how best to treat you based on what YOU want (continuing with conservative treatments versus moving up to IVF or the like).
chatted with us in his office, explained things very well when we wanted to know more detail. Communicated with referring provider.
Nurses always answered as many questions as we had, and if you thought of something later they always called back in a timely manner. They were always patient and compassionate. Very knowledgable.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
My very rough guess for one round of IVF + ICSI, including meds, monitoring and egg retrieval was around $15-17k. They were great at working with insurance if anything was covered. We had a small portion of monitoring and meds covered but pretty much all of it was out of pocket.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Dodds was understanding and was there for myself and husband if we had any questions along the way. He explained the process and procedures. He is involved his patients and wants each and everyone of them to have a successful full term pregnancy...I would say that patients will like working with Dr. Dodds, he is knowledgeable and wants what is best for his patients...My husband and I did 3 rounds of timed intercourse which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We also did 3 rounds IUI, 2 of which resulted in no pregnancy, the last one did result in a pregnancy, but I had a miscarriage. After the miscarriage my husband and I met with Dr. Dodds to discuss further treatment. At the moment, my husband and I decided we needed a break from the treatments due to the financial cost and emotional toll.
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is warm and inviting, the staff are available to answer any questions that we may have along the way with our treatments. The staff is there to give you space or be there for you if you need to talk to someone...All the nursing staff were helpful and knowledgeable. They were compassionate and understanding of the situation my husband and I are in...we were provided with a list of costs and which ones were covered by our insurance.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds was there for any questions I had about my treatment. He was very helpful and optimistic about my prognosis.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is warm and inviting, the staff are available to answer any questions that we may have along the way with our treatments. The staff is there to give you space or be there for you if you need to talk to someone.
At first consult with Dr. Dodds we were provided with a list of costs and which ones were covered by our insurance.
Didn't have these preformed.
Grand Rapids
He was a very caring and loving man. He has passion to help create families and fulfill couples dreams. All though our first cycle with the fertility center ended in a miscarriage they helped me get back on track. I am hoping someday we will have our rainbow baby thanks to Dr. Dodds ... He started by increasing my ferma and added Gonal-f and ovidrel along with screen scans.
Very nice facility [at The Fertility Center of Michigan]. You just need to go in open minded and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. It is hard to get someone on the phone but they are very good at responding to calls the same day. ... Some of them are very sweet and compassionate. A few of them make you feel like you are an bother to them and you should know your own answers.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be ready for many ups and downs through the journey.
He definitely cares for his patients and is willing to see you when you have questions.
He started by increasing my ferma and added Gonal-f and ovidrel along with screen scans. The provider I was seeing in the past didn't do any monitoring so this made me feel so much better. He gives you up to 3 cycles before you move on to something else. After 2 rounds of meds and one miscarriage we moved on to IUI. Currently about to go in for another consultation and 2nd iui.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very nice facility. You just need to go in open minded and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. It is hard to get someone on the phone but they are very good at responding to calls the same day.
So far any visits have just been a vote pay. The IUI was paid for out of pocket along with the fertility medication

Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. William Dodds] is honest and caring, good bedside manner and very intelligent. Although he can be a bit flighty at times with this thought processes, we wouldn't have wanted anyone else there. Sometimes he was too caring than informative and other times he was too informative without much care. Really depended on the day.
The billing department [at Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids] is totally unorganized and a joke; keep all your receipts and don't let any stone go unturned. They demand money immediately well before procedures even happen, makes them come across as money hungry. Front desk staff are cordial, but if you ever have an urgent need, no one wants or knows how to help you and you just get transferred around.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is honest and caring, good bedside manner and very intelligent. Although he can be a bit flighty at times with this thought processes, we wouldn't have wanted anyone else there. Sometimes he was too caring than informative and other times he was too informative without much care. Really depended on the day.
He called after each successful and failed pregnancy test and took time to answer questions
HSG, egg retrieval, embryo transfer and freezing
She was always available to assist as needed, and super helpful, but frequently lost our paperwork and was a bit disorganized at times
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The billing department is totally unorganized and a joke; keep all your receipts and don't let any stone go unturned. They demand money immediately well before procedures even happen, makes them come across as money hungry. Front desk staff are cordial, but if you ever have an urgent need, no one wants or knows how to help you and you just get transferred around.
For egg retrieval with a surrogate, it costs around $15,000
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Paperwork is often lost, billing department is totally unorganized. I ran out of meds when they wanted me to keep stimming, and my pharmacy was in the middle of a snow storm. When I called the office freaking out they basically said they don't keep meds on hand and "good luck".
Grand Rapids
Dr. Dodd’s was extremely understanding and was very patient driven during our consultation. He gave us a game plan and we got started on everything right away. I am very pleased thus far with Dr Dodds. ... He uses all medical history to make informed decisions and orders any extra tests as needed. He comes up with a plan based on your testing and results and is willing to be as aggressive as you want to be. I feel very supported by him and his team.
Strengths: top of the line resources, a variety of doctors, clean and large facility [The Fertility Center of Michigan], good location, great staff Weakness: their phone hours are only 8-3 so it is difficult to get a hold of them during work hours. They always return calls but you may play phone tag as they do not always answer calls. ... Nurses go in detail of what to do next in your treatment plan and are willing to teach and answer all questions.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr Dodd’s is very knowledgeable. He uses all medical history to make informed decisions and orders any extra tests as needed. He comes up with a plan based on your testing and results and is willing to be as aggressive as you want to be. I feel very supported by him and his team.
Be willing to do any extra testing required so he can get right to the root of the issue.
I am still in the beginnings of this process but so far he has given my husband and I a plan: I got an hsg and mid cycle ultrasound using femara. I did produce a mature follicle and triggered with ovidrel. We are waiting to see results from this first round.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths: top of the line resources, a variety of doctors, clean and large facility, good location, great staff Weakness: their phone hours are only 8-3 so it is difficult to get a hold of them during work hours. They always return calls but you may play phone tag as they do not always answer calls.
Some costs are covered by insurance - since we are just getting started we have not yet incurred all costs. Sperm analysis was 185 with insurance, consultation with insurance was 177.
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. Dodds] is very caring, and speaks like he is talking to a friend or family member. Something about His voice is calming and comforting. He also explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and in a way that doesn’t leave us with questions. ... I felt like it was just going through the motions. Although he was very caring and took his time for us, I could tell the center was so busy by the way things moved along
Very clean and comforting, a very safe environment. Strengths were they [Fertility Center of Michigan] explained who to talk to about billing or medical needs, gave us all our resources and where to find them. Weakness is they didn’t provide many other resources-counseling, support etc. ... They were almost more helpful then dr Dodds. They didn’t rush us in the consultations and throughly explained things. Very friendly and informative
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is very caring, and speaks like he is talking to a friend or family member. Something about His voice is calming and comforting. He also explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and in a way that doesn’t leave us with questions.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
We began with testing, and got this down right away, it was such a quick process which I appreciated. We started on meds and US monitoring right away. I was given a calendar to break things down. Each month was basically the same-meds, ultrasound and then IUI. Some times the meds didn’t work so then the dosage was changed for next month
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very clean and comforting, a very safe environment. Strengths were they explained who to talk to about billing or medical needs, gave us all our resources and where to find them. Weakness is they didn’t provide many other resources-counseling, support etc. I know it exists but it wasn’t talked about much
Ultrasounds-$250 IUI-$700 Ovidrel-$100 Genetics testing-$500 We spent about $1400 in 7 months
We talked about it briefly but haven’t talked about it in detail quite yet

Treated 2013 - 2016
Occasionally we felt as though Dr. Dodd's had a general statement he said to everyone, didn't feel too individualized. But that doesn't factor into how he provides care....Lupron flare protocol is what worked best for good embryos for me and resulted in pregnancy each time. I also used human growth hormone the second cycle and believe it worked very well for my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve/poor responde
Having two insurances has always been confusing for the billing department here [at The Fertility Center]. I feel like I have to constantly remind them to bill the second insurance. Other times I would get a bill for balance after one insurance company was billed but before the second one could respond for payment or non payment.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We are forever thankful to Dr. Dodd's for his expertise and experience. He is honest and trustworthy in managing care.
Write a list of questions before hand and bring them to appointments with you.
Lupron flare protocol is what worked best for good embryos for me and resulted in pregnancy each time. I also used human growth hormone the second cycle and believe it worked very well for my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve/poor responder.
IVF patients have a separate line for questions and nurses. They all know your cycle and there is only one that is hard to understand/more difficult to communicate with.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Having two insurances has always been confusing for the billing department here. I feel like I have to constantly remind them to bill the second insurance. Other times I would get a bill for balance after one insurance company was billed but before the second one could respond for payment or non payment.
Ultrasounds were scheduled at a hospital closer in location to where I live for my convenience.
Each patient is different for costs as well as procedures needed.
Treated 2018 - 2019
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1 [with Dr.William Dodds]. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur...I am working with him remotely, so I saw him via Skype. He was very informative and supportive to both my husband and I during our initial consultation. He answered all our questions and described our options very well (I'm a nurse so have a good amount of education on the process, but my husband however does not!) The whole team that works with Dr.Dodds has been phenomenal!
[The staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan are] Great Communicators. Very supportive team: Nurses, Doctors, etc. I am working with the team remotely (Living in Traverse City, they have a remote office from their Grand Rapids location.) This has been a lifesaver! I work full time, so going through fertility treatment if I had to commute to Grand Rapids multiple times a week would be near impossible. I have loved working with them, along with the staff at Grand Traverse Womens Clinic!
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur.