5.4

Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Dr. Dodd’s was extremely understanding and was very patient driven during our consultation. He gave us a game plan and we got started on everything right away. I am very pleased thus far with Dr Dodds. ... He uses all medical history to make informed decisions and orders any extra tests as needed. He comes up with a plan based on your testing and results and is willing to be as aggressive as you want to be. I feel very supported by him and his team.
Strengths: top of the line resources, a variety of doctors, clean and large facility [The Fertility Center of Michigan], good location, great staff Weakness: their phone hours are only 8-3 so it is difficult to get a hold of them during work hours. They always return calls but you may play phone tag as they do not always answer calls. ... Nurses go in detail of what to do next in your treatment plan and are willing to teach and answer all questions.
How was your experience with William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr Dodd’s is very knowledgeable. He uses all medical history to make informed decisions and orders any extra tests as needed. He comes up with a plan based on your testing and results and is willing to be as aggressive as you want to be. I feel very supported by him and his team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be willing to do any extra testing required so he can get right to the root of the issue.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the protocols William Dodds (retired) used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
I am still in the beginnings of this process but so far he has given my husband and I a plan: I got an hsg and mid cycle ultrasound using femara. I did produce a mature follicle and triggered with ovidrel. We are waiting to see results from this first round.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths: top of the line resources, a variety of doctors, clean and large facility, good location, great staff Weakness: their phone hours are only 8-3 so it is difficult to get a hold of them during work hours. They always return calls but you may play phone tag as they do not always answer calls.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Some costs are covered by insurance - since we are just getting started we have not yet incurred all costs. Sperm analysis was 185 with insurance, consultation with insurance was 177.
Describe William Dodds (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. Dodds] is very caring, and speaks like he is talking to a friend or family member. Something about His voice is calming and comforting. He also explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and in a way that doesn’t leave us with questions. ... I felt like it was just going through the motions. Although he was very caring and took his time for us, I could tell the center was so busy by the way things moved along
Very clean and comforting, a very safe environment. Strengths were they [Fertility Center of Michigan] explained who to talk to about billing or medical needs, gave us all our resources and where to find them. Weakness is they didn’t provide many other resources-counseling, support etc. ... They were almost more helpful then dr Dodds. They didn’t rush us in the consultations and throughly explained things. Very friendly and informative
He is very caring, and speaks like he is talking to a friend or family member. Something about His voice is calming and comforting. He also explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and in a way that doesn’t leave us with questions.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
We began with testing, and got this down right away, it was such a quick process which I appreciated. We started on meds and US monitoring right away. I was given a calendar to break things down. Each month was basically the same-meds, ultrasound and then IUI. Some times the meds didn’t work so then the dosage was changed for next month
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very clean and comforting, a very safe environment. Strengths were they explained who to talk to about billing or medical needs, gave us all our resources and where to find them. Weakness is they didn’t provide many other resources-counseling, support etc. I know it exists but it wasn’t talked about much
Ultrasounds-$250 IUI-$700 Ovidrel-$100 Genetics testing-$500 We spent about $1400 in 7 months
We talked about it briefly but haven’t talked about it in detail quite yet

2013 - 2016, Successful
Occasionally we felt as though Dr. Dodd's had a general statement he said to everyone, didn't feel too individualized. But that doesn't factor into how he provides care....Lupron flare protocol is what worked best for good embryos for me and resulted in pregnancy each time. I also used human growth hormone the second cycle and believe it worked very well for my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve/poor responde
Having two insurances has always been confusing for the billing department here [at The Fertility Center]. I feel like I have to constantly remind them to bill the second insurance. Other times I would get a bill for balance after one insurance company was billed but before the second one could respond for payment or non payment.
We are forever thankful to Dr. Dodd's for his expertise and experience. He is honest and trustworthy in managing care.
Write a list of questions before hand and bring them to appointments with you.
Lupron flare protocol is what worked best for good embryos for me and resulted in pregnancy each time. I also used human growth hormone the second cycle and believe it worked very well for my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve/poor responder.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
IVF patients have a separate line for questions and nurses. They all know your cycle and there is only one that is hard to understand/more difficult to communicate with.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Having two insurances has always been confusing for the billing department here. I feel like I have to constantly remind them to bill the second insurance. Other times I would get a bill for balance after one insurance company was billed but before the second one could respond for payment or non payment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Ultrasounds were scheduled at a hospital closer in location to where I live for my convenience.
Each patient is different for costs as well as procedures needed.

2015 - 2019, Successful
I always felt extremely comfortable with Dr.Dodds and trusted him with decisions going forward with my treatments. Dr. Dodds always was open and honest about what he thought we needed to do and gave us choices even if he didn't think it was needed for us he wanted to offer the choice still...he always spent quality time with us and made us feel as a friend not patient or number
the fertility center [of Michigan] overall is the most caring doctors office I have ever been to I definitely felt cared for and not a number...they really care about you, they take their time with each and every patient and you are heard, I would say a weakness is how you get pushed around to see all the doctors during ivf I would have rather only saw my doctor...[the nurses] were wonderful they all were very compassionate
He is very professional and also cares about you as a patient and as a human. I always felt extremely comfortable with Dr.Dodds and trusted him with decisions going forward with my treatments. Dr. Dodds always was open and honest about what he thought we needed to do and gave us choices even if he didn't think it was needed for us he wanted to offer the choice still.
be patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: sandy )
they were wonderful they all were very compassionate
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
they really care about you, they take their time with each and every patient and you are heard, I would say a weakness is how you get pushed around to see all the doctors during ivf I would have rather only saw my doctor I had to see a few doctors that I did not care for during my last pregnancy where one doctor told me I had a chemical pregnancy and then I had a baby with a heartbeat the following week she was not great... the fertility center overall is the most caring doctors office I have ever been to I definitely felt cared for and not a number
Grand Rapids
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1 [with Dr.William Dodds]. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur...I am working with him remotely, so I saw him via Skype. He was very informative and supportive to both my husband and I during our initial consultation. He answered all our questions and described our options very well (I'm a nurse so have a good amount of education on the process, but my husband however does not!) The whole team that works with Dr.Dodds has been phenomenal!
[The staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan are] Great Communicators. Very supportive team: Nurses, Doctors, etc. I am working with the team remotely (Living in Traverse City, they have a remote office from their Grand Rapids location.) This has been a lifesaver! I work full time, so going through fertility treatment if I had to commute to Grand Rapids multiple times a week would be near impossible. I have loved working with them, along with the staff at Grand Traverse Womens Clinic!
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur.
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. William Dodd] seemed very experienced and knowledgeable, but my husband thought his personality was a bit odd. Though a bit odd, we still had a lot of trust in his expertise and care while at the Fertility Center.... I don’t recall the name of the IVF protocall, but injections that were used for egg production were Gonal-F and Menopur. We also used Cetrotide as an antagonistic and two different ovulation triggers. For the IUI we used clomid for egg production and ovidrel for trigger. The IUI was not successful, but our first and only IVF was successful.
The Fertility Clinic has the best success rates with fresh transfers of two 2-day embryos so that’s the approach they take. The 2-day embryos were different than a lot of other her clinics, but they said the female body is the best place for the babies to grow so they transfer them earlier than most clinics... They seemed very organized and friendly, but had several issues drawing blood from me. Had several different nurses make multiple unsuccessful blood draw attempts. With very frequent blood draws it was rather taxing on my arms and hands with multiple pokes.
He seemed very experienced and knowledgeable, but my husband thought his personality was a bit odd. Though a bit odd, we still had a lot of trust in his expertise and care while at the Fertility Center.
William Dodds (retired)

[Dr. William Dodds] Always provides answers and very informative...has been very helpful and understanding during our process. He has been blunt yet sincere at the same time. He always takes his time and makes sure that all our questions have been answered before we leave the office...Femara 3 tabs x 5 days Ovidrel to induce ovulation...I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc)
[Costs at The Fertility Center of Michigan were] $600 per IUI ($1200 total)...$100 ultrasound each month...$100 Ovidrel each month...I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc)...a medication was recommended after 3 failed IUI for my husband to take to help with sperm count, feel like it could have been discussed and recommended after first failed IUI
Dr. Dodds has been very helpful and understanding during our process. He has been blunt yet sincere at the same time. He always takes his time and makes sure that all our questions have been answered before we leave the office.
Ask questions!
Always provides answers and very informative.
Femara 3 tabs x 5 days Ovidrel to induce ovulation.
Very helpful
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc) a medication was recommended after 3 failed IUI for my husband to take to help with sperm count, feel like it could have been discussed and recommended after first failed IUI
$600 per IUI ($1200 total) $100 ultrasound each month $100 Ovidrel each month Office visit
Kalamazoo

Dr. Dodds and the entire staff [the Fertility Center] is so caring and truly walk beside you during the whole journey...Dr. Dodds was the main doctor in charge of us. We had different doctors for the retrieval and transfer but all the doctors and staff were great to work with. It is not just a job ... it is their passion....They are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood.
They [The Fert Ctr - Grand Rapids are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood. The clinic is very professional and all works together like a very strong team...Sandy and all the nurses were very understanding of all our questions and took the time to really care for us.
Be ready for a journey full of ups and downs. Stay connected with your spouse and know that you are in the best medical practice you can be in.
Dr. Dodds and the entire staff is so caring and truly walk beside you during the whole journey.
IVF shots (especially Gonal F) Retrieval Surgery Transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy )
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood. The clinic is very professional and all works together like a very strong team.
Cost for surgery, transfer, meds, dr appointments, ultrasounds, bloodwork
Grand Rapids
Dr. Dodds actually sat down to speak with me about all options possible. Only downside to me is, I would like to see more of him when cycles dont work to explain a better solution instead of using his nurses...Most of my cycles consisted of taking Femara cd3-7 then doing Gonal F injections cd7-14 then on cd25 i would take the trigger shot. Never got a positive pregnancy test on any cycle.
Clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is very clean, neat and the staff there is very friendly and well mannered. They get to know each patient to make you feel comfortable. They treat you as a human and not like a number. Theres nothing i would change about this clinic or staff...They talked to me, not at me and answered all my questions.
That Dr. Dodds actually cares about his patients
They talked to me, not at me and answered all my questions.
All his nurses are extremely awesome and have great attitudes.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Clinic is very clean, neat and the staff there is very friendly and well mannered. They get to know each patient to make you feel comfortable. They treat you as a human and not like a number. Theres nothing i would change about this clinic or staff.
Femara - $100/cycle Gonal F - $600/cycle Trigger shot - $200/cycle Blood work and Ultrasounds were covered by insurance (no longer have).
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr Dodd was very kind and open. When I had complications on a weekend, he was right there talking to the doctors at my local hospital and finally had to admit me himself in Grand Rapids. He was very sympathetic. During my procedures, he was patient and comforting. When we finally saw our babies heartbeats, he encouraged us to take a video so we could always have that moment!
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] operated based on my cycle and was very responsive. I had no complaints about the clinic. I did have to drive to Grand Rapids one day for an ultrasound because I needed it on a day that the Kalamazoo branch was closed. ... The nurses were very prompt and informative. They showed compassion through the whole process.
Be patient with the process as hard as it is.
Dr. Was very receptive to my individual needs and recalled previous conversations we had had.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic operated based on my cycle and was very responsive. I had no complaints about the clinic. I did have to drive to Grand Rapids one day for an ultrasound because I needed it on a day that the Kalamazoo branch was closed.

2011 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Most of the staff is amazing but we had one nurse who was rude and inconsiderate...He [Dr. William Dodds] does very well trying to get you pregnant. He sits at your level and talks to you like a person. He shows he cares and he does his best with what he has in front of him. He let me ask whatever questions is have and allows me to be myself.
He does very well trying to get you pregnant. He sits at your level and talks to you like a person. He shows he cares and he does his best with what he has in front of him. He let me ask whatever questions is have and allows me to be myself.
To come prepared with lots of questions and knowledge
He talked to me at my level and allowed me to ask lots of questions
He started with injections and ultrasounds and then did iris with injections.
Everything has been great
Most everything was covered under my insurance. What isn't covered was iui and ivf
2014, Successful
Dr. Dodds got to know us and our situation. He was optimistic and yet realistic about our chances of conceiving.
He [Dr. Dodds] is so kind and genuinely caring. You can tell he had a passion for helping couples achieve families.
He is so kind and genuinely caring. You can tell he had a passion for helping couples achieve families.
Come prepared with questions
Dr Dodds got to know us and our situation. He was optimistic and yet realistic about our chances of conceiving.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
When we went for retrieval [with Dr. Dodds] we found we are probably a day too early. A lot of the eggs were not mature. In the end after the eggs were fertilized we had two nice embryos available. We transfer those two eggs while on progesterone oil injections and ended with a chemical pregnancy. Our next IVF cycle we knew I like to surge early,..At this point we went to a microdose of Lupron to help ward off my body wanted to surge on its own, went with a 450 does daily of injections and in the end we had 13 eggs retrieved and 11 of them were mature with eight of them fertilizing .
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] has an office in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo that we utilize...The doctors rotate who is available at the Kalamazoo office and it’s more so used as a hub but any large procedures need to be done in Grand Rapids. All of the offices are friendly and inviting...The nurses do a pretty darn good job overall. I feel there could be a little bit better communication between them at times but overall they do a pretty good job.
We started seeing Dr. Dodds over the last eight months. Dr. Dodds took over a case from one of the other doctors in the same practice. Dr. Dodds has a very good bedside manner. We have gone through multiple IUI’s Trying to achieve a pregnancy well trying to be less stressful. We have gone through IVF years earlier while living in a different area and also achieved a pregnancy on her own. Being that we were able to get pregnant on our own we thought IUI could work. To our dismay it was not the right path and we took full punch back into the IVF world. Dr. Dodds had our best interest at heart the whole time. My husband and I are both in the veterinary medical field and Dr. Dodds was more than willing to explain everything so we would understand. We definitely like knowing the reasons why were doing things. During the hard times he still stood strong and now we have a new game plan.
It is hard to wait... I know how long we have all waited to get to the next step. He does have your best interest at heart... it all will be worth it in the end.
Even during the difficult times he goes above and beyond with calling with his condolences. When we canceled a cycle he said he wouldn’t recommend going any farther with that cycle if it were him and his wife.
When we first started we were unaware that my body like to surge prior to us wanting it to. We didn’t know if my very first IVF cycle well on the table for retrieval I was accused of not taking all of my medications as prescribed. I knew that was not the case, for being in the medical field I knew how important everything was,But was not aware why I lost some of my key players that day. Although during that cycle we had a successful pregnancy without any leftover eggs. So going through with Dr. Dodds I did let them know that I released eggs early we were in aware if it was from the time I receive the trigger shot or other circumstances. My first cycle of Dr. dad’s involved in a mix of Lupron but was not aware why I lost some of my key players that day. Although during that cycle we had a successful pregnancy without any leftover eggs. So going through with Dr. Dodds I did let them know that I released eggs early we were in aware if it was from the time I receive the trigger shot or other circumstances. My first cycle of Dr. dad’s involved in a mix of two injectables and we found I am not super sensitive to medications and I took a larger dose from myself to create more. This cycle when we were very close to a retrieval we found I had my own small lh surge prior to the injection. This is where we change gears we knew my body produce things quickly so we started medications earlier and the thought was my eggs matured faster. During IUI cycles I would normally surge between 11 and 13 days. So we knew I had early ovulation. So with our next IVF cycle we started medications earlier and stronger and when we got close to that area of concern we went for it. When we went for retrieval we found we are probably a day too early. A lot of the eggs were not mature. In the end after the eggs were fertilized we had two nice embryos available. We transfer those two eggs while on progesterone oil injections and ended with a chemical pregnancy. Our next IVF cycle we knew I like to surge early, But now also know the eggs are not mature at that point. At this point we went to a microdose of Lupron to help ward off my body wanted to surge on its own, went with a 450 does daily of injections and in the end we had 13 eggs retrieved and 11 of them were mature with eight of them fertilizing . We transferred two eggs, We were froze the remaining six eggs and this is the first time we’ve ever had freezable eggs and ended with a chemical pregnancy. We currently are planning on going through a mark embryo transfer but instead of doing the transfer taking a sample Biopsy to be sent out to make sure we are at the right timing. If everything works out the plan is to move forward with a June cycle.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic itself has an office in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo that we utilize. I believe they have one in Traverse City area as well for Michigan. We primarily use the Kalamazoo office as were adjacent to it. The doctors rotate who is available at the Kalamazoo office and it’s more so used as a hub but any large procedures need to be done in Grand Rapids. All of the offices are friendly and inviting.
For cost there is a base fee, the base of each service we need it was all a cart.
I don’t have a lot of information regarding single versus multiple, but during our first IVF cycle, we were part of that one versus two embryo transfer study although when we got to the end we were kicked out due to the quality of eggs when we lost the key players ahead of time.
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Each time that we went back he [Dr. William Dodds] always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.... Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Each time that we went back he [Dr. William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan] always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.... Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Dr. Dodd’s is everything I expect to see in a doctor. Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Just to trust that he always has your best interest at heart and if a cycle does not work that it is not always his fault, he is doing his best.
Dr. Dodd’s takes the time to sit down in his private office with myself and my husband and intertwines regular conversation with professional conversation. He is very down to earth and made my husband and I feel like we had known him forever and could share our fears and concerns. After 7 years of infertility he took the time to go through the entire history of everything we had been through and to devise a plan going forward. Each time that we went back he always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.
2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Dodd’s always took the time to explain and make sure we understood every step of our IVF transfers. He was always upbeat and funny which is something that was so uplifting which made the whole process easier...He is very caring and compassionate towards his patients...He treats you like an actual human being and quite funny
We always felt communication [with nurses] was clear and straight forward...All of the [ Fertility Center of Michigan] staff are super welcoming and friendly. They all treat you like an individual and not a stastic. One thing that would be helpful is improving communication between staff and the ultrasound techs, there were a handful of times that I would come in and the tech wouldn’t know my plan of treatment.
Dr. Dodd’s is truly the best! He knows what he is doing and makes sure you understand every step of treatment. He treats you like an actual human being and quite funny!
Dr. Dodd’s is my absolute favorite! He is very caring and compassionate towards his patients.
I can’t recall the exact treatment strategies, but this last IVF cycle was a more modern approach. I was on estradiol and progesterone injections.
I found the overall process very positive! We always felt communication was clear and straight forward.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
All of the staff are super welcoming and friendly. They all treat you like an individual and not a stastic. One thing that would be helpful is improving communication between staff and the ultrasound techs, there were a handful of times that I would come in and the tech wouldn’t know my plan of treatment.
Over the past six years of going to the fertility clinic, my husband and I have paid around $30,000 in treatments.
When I asked staff, there was no recommendation on single vs double embryo transfer.
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
[Protocols with Dr. Dodds were] IUI with Chlomid/trigger shot. Full IVF cycle long protocol. Two frozen transfers with Luperon injections, Progesterone injections & Estrace...Very good doctor...answers all of our questions...He treats every patient, family and treatment plan individually. He makes sure we know step by step the process and what to expect. He checks in on his patients and follows up with them. He ensures that we are on the same page and that we do not leave not knowing. He always reasures us for the best possible outcome, but also makes sure we know the odds and the statistics. He is very personable and very approachable. We never feel rushed and know that our family is in good hands with him and his team.
Great communication [from the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan]...always made sure we understood exact instructions...Great organization. The Clinical staff is awesome. They always have openings & accomidate their patient and family needs. They re-assure you that everything is timed just right so you never have to worry about the weekends or holidays interfering with your plan and process. They very thoroughly explain all of the patient instructions and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
Great Reproductive Endocrinologist. Dr. Doods loves his job and his patients. He treats every patient, family and treatment plan individually. He makes sure we know step by step the process and what to expect. He checks in on his patients and follows up with them. He ensures that we are on the same page and that we do not leave not knowing. He always reasures us for the best possible outcome, but also makes sure we know the odds and the statistics. He is very personable and very approachable. We never feel rushed and know that our family is in good hands with him and his team.
Have Faith and hope for the best. Dr. Dodds is amazing and fertility options do work
Very good doctor answers all of our questions
Great communication always made sure we understood exact instructions
None
William Dodds (retired)

From the moment we met Dr. Dodds, he listened to our story, asked questions and supported us. He was very patient with our question.... Initially, we did clomid with scheduled ultrasounds. Then we did that again with Ovidrel shot. Then after that we did both of those things and added in IUI. The next cycle we will be doing more injections.... Dr. Dodds truly cares about his patients and wants to help people with infertility.
The staff [at the Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids] is all very knowledgeable, compassionate and positive. We would suggest that in the beginning everythinginclyding terms, plan and procedures are all new to you so it would be a good idea to have a phone call or visit after initial consult.... All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and listen to you. They never rushed us or didn’t explain things.
Dr. Dodds truly cares about his patients and wants to help people with infertility. You see his medical knowledge paired with his genuine concern for his patients. We completely trust him and his advice.
We would suggest to write up a timeline if their own infertility. It will help paint a picture for the doctor and more quickly develop a plan.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The staff is all very knowledgeable, compassionate and positive. We would suggest that in the beginning everythinginclyding terms, plan and procedures are all new to you so it would be a good idea to have a phone call or visit after initial consult.
We have very good health insurance. Typically, we paid our copay For Ovidrel shot it was about $65.00. Injection medications we will start soon with cost around $600.
This does not apply to us.

2012 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. William Dodds] is very kind and remembered us from before and seemed genuinely interested in our care and results...Caring and knowledgeable also understanding and good humor. He got me a juice box because I was disappointed that there wasn't a recovery time anymore I was disappointed not to get waited on and a juice I was hormonal. And he went out of his way to make me feel better and make a happy memorable experience when I conceived my son
Most of the time they [the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] had a good answer for even silly questions I never felt embarrassed even describing bleeding or discharge they made it all seem normal...Could use more counselors and ways to connect...I think they are kind and professional for the most part should have billing associated meet with new people in person...They want to do two [embryo transfer] but for next time I really want to try 3
Choice him he is great and he will help you have a family
He is very kind and remembered us from before and seemed genuinely interested in our care and results
We had really high chance of success because male infertility but he suggested urine scratch and that worked
Most of the time they had a good answer for even silly questions I never felt embarrassed even describing bleeding or discharge they made it all seem normal
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Could use more counselors and ways to connect. Also could use some toys in waiting room for toddlers and children. I think they are kind and professional for the most part should have billing associated meet with new people in person
They want to do two but for next time I really want to try 3y remaining embryos
Grand Rapids
Dr. Dodds was always very candid and up front from the beginning. He never had me questioning anything that was happening. We made a firm plan from the get go, and followed through with it. I would definitely recommend anyone to see him. His bedside manner was great. I was very pleased with my interactions with him...He's a great guy who will explain everything you need explained...there was no hesitation transferring two for me.
Everyone [at The Fertility Center of Michigan- Grand Rapids] was very warm and welcoming. I didn't have any issues with any nurse...Dr. Young was the worst. Everyone else was great. Young couldn't even do an IUI on me- he had to have the nurse do it. Dodds was my primary, but I didn't really see him much for any of the actual treatments...Dr. Dodds was always very candid and up front from the beginning. He never had me questioning anything that was happening. We made a firm plan from the get go, and followed through with it. I would definitely recommend anyone to see him. His bedside manner was great. I was very pleased with my interactions with him.
Be patient. Not just with Dodds, but the entire process. He's a great guy who will explain everything you need explained.
Dr. Dodds took the time to explain everything and was very thorough and kind
Everyone was very warm and welcoming. I didn't have any issues with any nurse
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I don't remember him having many things to say about it because of my age- But, there was no hesitation transferring two for me.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Dodd’s is the most compassionate and sweet doctor I’ve ever had. I always felt comfortable and never felt rushed even though I know he is a very busy man. Always explained things in detail and was very empathetic to us when I miscarried with our second transfer. He called to congratulate me when I got pregnant and he was truly excited for us.
The Fertility Center is a Very warm and inviting clinic with kind and happy staff. They Offer coffee and water while waiting. Clean and accommodating, I have NO complaints on the clinic. All staff that I have come in contact with has been great! ... It was suggested to transfer 2 embryos and I was clearly warned of the chances of multiple birth, etc but we both agreed that this would be the best for me.
Make a list of any question you might have because when you’re in a consult, it’s very overwhelming and you will forget to ask things. Dr Dodd’s is great with answering any questions you may have
Dr Dodds was so kind and compassionate and I never felt rushed and he was always more than willing to answer questions and elaborate when we didn’t fully understand something. I even received a phone call congratulating me on my pregnancies and also condolences when I miscarried.
I don’t really remember my protocols
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
All nurses were very kind and knowledgeable. Always there to answer questions when the doctor wasn’t available and if they didn’t know the answer, they asked the doctor for me.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Retrieval and fresh transfer was around $17,000. Frozen transfers were around $5,000 each

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Dodds] is knowledgeable, patient and calm. He always had our progress and our charts available. Although we didn’t meet with him often, we were glad when he did because he explained things thoroughly and specifically. ... Four IUI’s with clomid Hysteroscopy for uterine polyps IVF: egg retrieval, fresh embryo transfer with injections and trigger shots; progesterone and estridol; frozen embryo transfer
Strengths [of The Fertility Center of Michigan]: knowledgeable, passionate, helpful, direct Weaknesses: communication, detailed, giving feedback I would recommend asking questions when feeling confused or unsure of what is next. We felt like when these office visits are so routine for nurses, we felt like there was broken communication between those in the office. I think what would help is to have the staff be more detailed in their responses and explanations rather than less because it helps patients understand the process and helps answers all the “whys”.
He is knowledgeable, patient and calm. He always had our progress and our charts available. Although we didn’t meet with him often, we were glad when he did because he explained things thoroughly and specifically.
Ask questions and for clarification when you don’t understand.
He treated me as if I was his own daughter.
They were well versed in procedures and office visits. Their communication between members of the office could improve as we felt confused at times when seeing different nurses.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths: knowledgeable, passionate, helpful, direct Weaknesses: communication, detailed, giving feedback I would recommend asking questions when feeling confused or unsure of what is next. We felt like when these office visits are so routine for nurses, we felt like there was broken communication between those in the office. I think what would help is to have the staff be more detailed in their responses and explanations rather than less because it helps patients understand the process and helps answers all the “whys”.
4 IUI’s ($500 each) $12,000 for IVF-fresh embryo transfer $5,000 for IVF-frozen embryo transfer
It was completely up to us. He presented us with success rates, risks and benefits.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
We felt like front office staff didn’t communicate well with nurses at times. We know the clinic is busy, but felt confused at times.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I think Dr. Dodds is exceptional and he wants all of his patients to succeed. What I like best is even though I am under his primary care, all of the doctors have great communication and I am able to feel comfortable with any of them.... Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.
The main clinic [Fertility Ctr of MI] is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly... Every nurse I have encountered has shown great empathy and compassion and some can relate to the journey which is comforting.
Do your research, ask questions until you feel comfortable. If you are walking in with no prior knowledge regarding infertility, like I did, I felt very lost and confused but he is willing to explain things in a way for you to understand until you feel comfortable.
From the time we had our first consult we felt that Dr.Dodds genuinely wanted to help us succeed and every visit since we leave with that same feeling.
We took our time trying these out slowly. We started with timed intercourse with clomid and gonal f then moved to iui’s with gonal f, eventually moving to IVF which is where we discovered my egg quality was poor. We retrieved 3 times and I really appreciated that each time the doctors discussed my case and tried different approaches, however in the end my eggs are just too poor and we are moving on to donor eggs.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The main clinic is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly (when I found out I miscarried).
Though we have not had any transfers yet, Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.

2019, Consult
we have found that male factor infertility is a possible issue due to low sperm count. Dr. Dodds is working with us to try to help increase the sperm count with the hope that IVF could be avoided. He has suggested a male hormone treatment to raise testosterone levels which would hopefully raise sperm count...great bedside manner. Very approachable. He takes the time to explain medical terms and procedures...is very personable and we felt very comfortable asking questions. Our first appointment/consultation, felt a little rushed. After a few tests and blood work, we met again to go over the results. This appointment felt slower and we had more time to discuss next steps and treatment. We realize its hard to discuss everything the first meeting so we were not that upset.
The staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] is great about using names...The nursing staff we have interacted with have all been very friendly. We appreciate the use of our names and the approachable personalities...Based on research, we felt the costs were inline with other clinics. They do have finance options and offer info on grants...They are good about returning calls, but it has been hard to get a person on the phone at the time I'm making the calls. (My calls have been scheduling and billing related, not medical.)
Dr. Dodds is very personable and we felt very comfortable asking questions. Our first appointment/consultation, felt a little rushed. After a few tests and blood work, we met again to go over the results. This appointment felt slower and we had more time to discuss next steps and treatment. We realize its hard to discuss everything the first meeting so we were not that upset.
There is so much to learn, be ready to listen. Do some research before had, it will make the first few visits go more smoothly. Having some knowledge about infertility and treatments will help in asking questions that directly relate to your situation. Don't go alone, having a spouse/family member/friend will help during the down times to discuss all the info being shared with you.
The staff is great about using names. Dr. Dodds have a great bedside manner. Very approachable. He takes the time to explain medical terms and procedures.
We are still in the diagnostic stage of our infertility treatment. However, we have found that male factor infertility is a possible issue due to low sperm count. Dr. Dodds is working with us to try to help increase the sperm count with the hope that IVF could be avoided. He has suggested a male hormone treatment to raise testosterone levels which would hopefully raise sperm count.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The office itself is a welcoming and calming environment. They make every effort to protect your privacy. They offer a lot of info and don't leave anything on the table. You feel welcome to ask any questions. The biggest issue I have, is when calling by phone there are way too many prompts. I understand it is how the world runs, but there are so many prompts that sometimes I'm not sure if I'm getting to the right person/department. Whenever I have called, I always end up with a voicemail. They are good about returning calls, but it has been hard to get a person on the phone at the time I'm making the calls. (My calls have been scheduling and billing related, not medical.)
Based on research, we felt the costs were inline with other clinics. They do have finance options and offer info on grants. Overall, its just expensive treatment to pursue.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Dodds is very good at taking the time to make you feel as if you're his only patient. I feel incredibly comfortable voicing concerns (if I have any) and discussing options. He is trustworthy, knowledgeable, and empathetic...we have been doing rounds of menopur + timed intercourse. My body is reacting appropriately this time and we actually became pregnant on the third try; however, I miscarried at 6 weeks. We just began a fourth cycle with menopur + estrace and will do an IUI with progesterone suppositories to follow.
The nursing staff at The Fertility Clinic is very understanding, patient, and compassionate. They are very helpful and knowledgeable, having the ability to answer many of my questions without asking the doctor...Our insurance did not cover our IVF procedure which ran us $9-$10k, I think. Each frozen transfer is around $3k...This is a very busy clinic so at times, it is difficult to schedule appointments with your preferred doctor and wait times can be longer than usual. However, the majority of the time, they are very efficient and well-run. While I prefer to see my doctor, I trust the entire team and will gladly be seen by another partner.
Be open and trusting of his process. He knows what he is doing. However, don't be afraid to ask questions and push the boundaries.
Dr. Dodds went out of his way to familiarize himself with our case. He took the time to troubleshoot our situation and even called outside of office hours to talk to us.
We started with menopur + timed intercourse but I kept overstimulating, even with a change in doses, so we moved to IVF. I continued the menopur, did an HCG trigger, and we retrieved 18 eggs. We were able to fertilize 12, transferring two (fresh transfer) and freezing the rest. I started Progesterone in Oil (PIO) injections following the transfer. I became pregnant but miscarried at 9 weeks. After three failed frozen transfers (slightly different protocol each - #1 was identical to the first (prep with estrace, PIO shots after transfer), #2 we incorporated xanax, prednisone, and motrin, #3 we incorporated xanax, prednisone, Motrin, and zithromax), we did an ERA which concluded we were transferring in the wrong window of receptivity. Grew our remaining 5 embryos to blastocysts, transferred two, and I became pregnant. That resulted in the birth of our son. When our son was 12 months, we transferred our remaining blastocyst (one did not make through the thaw). I became pregnant but miscarried again - 6 weeks this time. Since then, we have been doing rounds of menopur + timed intercourse. My body is reacting appropriately this time and we actually became pregnant on the third try; however, I miscarried at 6 weeks. We just began a fourth cycle with menopur + estrace and will do an IUI with progesterone suppositories to follow.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Our insurance did not cover our IVF procedure which ran us $9-$10k, I think. Each frozen transfer is around $3k. My medications and ultrasounds are mostly covered - a $20 copay applies for each office visit. For my Timed Intercourse cycles, my medications are $50 - $100 total, depending on how much I need that cycle. I believe IUI, which we are hoping to do soon, is around $600.
Dr. Dodds did not have a strong preference on 1 vs. 2 but did properly warn us on the risks of multiples.
Grand Rapids

He [Dr. William Dodds] is smart and up on all new findings etc. he seems like he cares a lot. He was fast in explaining but did not feel overly rushed The one thing that made me feel awkward was he had a cold and did not wash his hands upon entering room. Not a big deal at all but I do remember that. His staff is very helpful and tries to explain the finances and money aspect. One thing I liked was that did read our prior doctors notes very quickly and thoroughly. He went into detail about our past procedures and I felt good about that
It’s pretty normal clinic [Fertility Center of MI-Kalamazoo]. Small but it has everything. The strength is that you can email and talk over phone about treatment. The weakness is the cost. It’s hard not knowing how much the exact cost will be. They try to give you their best estimate but it is not always accurate.... [the nurses are] Very good. Very organized and on top of things.
He is smart and up on all new findings etc. he seems like he cares a lot. He was fast in explaining but did not feel overly rushed The one thing that made me feel awkward was he had a cold and did not wash his hands upon entering room. Not a big deal at all but I do remember that. His staff is very helpful and tries to explain the finances and money aspect. One thing I liked was that did read our prior doctors notes very quickly and thoroughly. He went into detail about our past procedures and I felt good about that
Just try to understand the cost up front. Do research and just relax!!!
I thought he was pretty good. He explained the process and some strategy. I would say lacking a little bit of compassion- as we have had so many negative results with past doctor
He wants to use eggs that are already fertilized and frozen. He also wants to test everything prior to make sure there are no hiccups. I can’t go into too Much detail because I don’t know the terms
Very good. Very organized and on top of things.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It’s pretty normal clinic. Small but it has everything. The strength is that you can email and talk over phone about treatment. The weakness is the cost. It’s hard not knowing how much the exact cost will be. They try to give you their best estimate but it is not always accurate
I think it was expensive but comparable to others
I think it should be a couples choice especially after multiple failures. I don’t know if I would go too high but I think 3 or 4 might be reasonable if couple feels that way after multiple failures