5.4

Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

2016 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Dodds always kept me aware of what was going on. He would sit and listen to me when I had questions or concerns. He even called me after hours to address any questions I had. With our 3 miscarriages and 1 failed transfer he called each time and gave his condolences and we would talk about what we would do different next time
The lady at the front desk was so nice [at The Fertility Center of Michigan]. Whenever I would come in she would address me by my name. I was there so much she remembered my name. The staff has changed since then. With my last transfer I felt kind of out of the loop with my gestational carrier. My nurse Robin was great, but it was with the other staff that did the ultrasounds and such. I hardly got any feedback from them, my gestational carrier kept me in the loop. I addressed this concern to Robin and she got it taken care of. Being the intended parent they are to keep you updated on the thongs going on.
How was your experience with William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He was a very knowledgeable doctor and treated his patient like we were human. He would answer questions to my satisfaction, if I did not know something he was talking about he would make sure I know exactly what it meant before I left. Very caring and understanding.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is a great doctor and you would not be disappointed with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the protocols William Dodds (retired) used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
It's been a while since my egg retrievals. So I do not remember the specifics. I do know I would have to go in every other day to get a transvaginal ultrasound to check on the number and size of my eggs. Out first transfer we retrieved 7 and only one made it to blast. So with the second retrieval he let my eggs grow bigger hoping to get more we did, the procedure was stopped early because I was having a lot of pain and my oxygen levels were dropping. I was not under anesthesia for the first 2 retrievals. We stuck with that same protocol for my third retrieval and I had anesthesia that time and 12 were collected. At the end I had 7 that made it to blast. We did our first transfer to our gestational carrier and it ended in a miscarriage at 10.5 weeks. We did send tissue for analysis and it cam back as the fetus having trisomony 17. We did a second transfer with a different gestational carrier we transferred 2 embryo's and she miscarried at 5 weeks. Our third transfer we transferred 2 again that one ended in a miscarriage as well at 5.5 weeks. Our fourth transferred we transferred 1 and it failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin)
Since I was not the one carrying, Robin would call and give me updates on test and procedures with my gestational carrier. She always kept me in the loop. She would send me her medication schedule and everything I would need to know.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The lady at the front desk was so nice. Whenever I would come in she would address me by my name. I was there so much she remembered my name. The staff has changed since then. With my last transfer I felt kind of out of the loop with my gestational carrier. My nurse Robin was great, but it was with the other staff that did the ultrasounds and such. I hardly got any feedback from them, my gestational carrier kept me in the loop. I addressed this concern to Robin and she got it taken care of. Being the intended parent they are to keep you updated on the thongs going on.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
This is the cost I had with my last transfer. It is a frozen embryo transfer with a gestational carrier. Cycle Management fee $1700.00- that was paid to hold your spot on the calendar for your transfer Preparation of Embryos $1130.00 Embryo transfer $1115.00 If you needed assisted Hatching $665.00 we did not Internal and external screening $245.00 we did not we had already done all the screening because it was the same carrier . Abdominal ultrasound $225.00 Optional Procedure costs Embryogen $465.00 we did not have Cryopreservation of Embryo's (freezing 3 or more) $955.00 (2 or more( $545.00 Ultrasound monitoring and blood work depended on your insurance For my gestational carrier it depended on her insurance for sonohysterogram, Mock ET, and endometrial biopsy. Medications cost for IVF patient are apptoximately $3000.00- $6600.00 Medication for gestation carrier are approximately $750- $1500.00
Describe William Dodds (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They prefer to transfer one. I did speak with Dr. Dodds and gave him my reasoning of wanting to transfer 2 and he agreed and let me transfer 2 embryo's. We transferred 2 embryo's twice.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
With our last transfer as the intended parents I felt left out of the cycle. They did not call me a couple times with results from my carriers ultrasound. After I spoke with my nurse she made sure I was called with all results

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Dodds has a great communication style and bedside manner...He really does listen and thoughtfully answers our questions, and he's really fair about giving his opinion both from a personal and professional perspective...Do your research before going in for a consultation - not because he won't explain it, but because it'll allow you to ask better questions and have a more productive conversation about your fertility plan.
First and foremost - you will be comfortable here [at the Fertility Center of Michigan]. Their waiting area is quiet, beautiful, and comfortable...I'm obese, and never once did Dr. Dodds or his staff make me feel uncomfortable about it, or allude that my weight was the reason for my infertility...All of the nurses, billing staff, and techs are lovely, professional, organized, and thorough.
Dr. Dodds has a great communication style and bedside manner. After our first consultation, he adjusted how he spoke to us based on what we needed and expected (i.e. nice but to the point and fully explained). He always makes sure that we understand what the plan is while taking into consideration what we feel most comfortable doing and he has never tried to railroad through what we want to try something else. He really does listen and thoughtfully answers our questions, and he's really fair about giving his opinion both from a personal and professional perspective.
I was definitely treated like a human and I genuinely haven't met a nicer staff. My only tiny complaint would be that we did have to remind them of some things and push to get certain files updated/added. Because of that, there were a few appointments that felt like they were just going through the motions without really looking at our file first.
My AMH is low and I have a diminished egg reserve, so my body doesn't ovulate on its own without medication. The first thing he did was get a full blood workup and sperm sample so we had all of the information available. Once it became clear what the problem was, Dr. Dodds put us on oral medication first (Clomid/Femara) at a slightly higher dose than I had previously taken from my OBGYN. We tried that for 3 cycles and increased the dosage. For the next few cycles, they had me come in for mid-cycle ultrasounds to see if my body was responding to those medications and to see where we could adjust our treatment plan to work better for me. Given my history of PCOS, they also started doing bloodwork to keep an eye on my estrogen levels in case they saw a cyst and 2 cycles were cancelled for that reason, thankfully. When it became clear that the oral medication wasn't working by itself, Dr. Dodds scheduled an HSG (after discussing it with us obviously) to make sure that my tubes were open and despite how uncomfortable the procedure itself was, it was the most mentally-pain-free experience because he and his staff told me exactly what to be ready for and how to handle it. With clear HSG results, Dodds moved us forward into 2 hybrid cycles, with both oral meds and injections. I was still only producing 1-2 good eggs per cycle so he prescribed 2 injection-only cycles on a higher dose, which were also unsuccessful. He limited those treatments because he didn't want to continue pulling 1 egg at a time from a reserve that won't last forever and I appreciate that he was very upfront with his concerns about that. He was also honest about IUI and explained that he didn't think it would serve its purpose with our situation and straight up told us it would probably be a waste of our time and money to go for that route, despite it being next up on the strategy chain. We had already come to conclusion that IVF is probably going to be the best option for us and he agreed, but knowing that our insurance wasn't covering any of our fertility treatment costs, he gave us a plethora of information on grants, saving, and full cost breakdown step by step. We are now in the saving-for-IVF part of the plan and will move forward once we are ready/clinics are open!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The best. There was one ultrasound technician whose methods weren't as comfortable for me, but as soon as I said something to the office manager, they put a note in my chart about it and were super understanding. All of the nurses, billing staff, and techs are lovely, professional, organized, and thorough.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
First and foremost - you will be comfortable here. Their waiting area is quiet, beautiful, and comfortable. Their consultation rooms and exam rooms are all comfortable, clean, and definitely a step above your average doctor's office. I should also note that I'm obese, and never once did Dr. Dodds or his staff make me feel uncomfortable about it, or allude that my weight was the reason for my infertility. They will make you feel totally at-home and they will be patient and respectful of your nervousness, no matter how many "silly" questions you ask them.
In 2019, we spent a total of $6,000 on treatments and co-pays. My oral medications were very affordable, I want to say probably less than $30 per cycle. Consultations are about $350, standard ultrasounds are around $275, a mid-cycle ultrasound + bloodwork was $315, and out-of-pocket injections were $600 per cycle through Freedom Fertility since our insurance wouldn't cover those. All other bloodwork and procedure co-pays were dependent on insurance coverage.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Our consent form for the injection cycles was initially lost, but they were really flexible about how I could get a new one sent to them (email, fax, next appointment, etc).

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Dodds] has made me feel top priority with just one ovary remaining...blunt as far as success may go when involving financial means. It’s unfortunate we have not met him in person as our initial was a televisit as we live a few hours away, and he was not the one who actually did our procedure...very basic IVF cycle as it was our first time...allowing us to transfer 2 embryos as we would be ecstatic with multiples.
Location [The Fertility Center of Michigan] was very easy to find. Accessibility is a plus...Although I didn’t always get [assigned nurse] they had my case readily available and took the time to listen to my thoughts and concerns even if I was “new” to them...very easy to reach the nursing staff...I ran out of medications and didn’t know what to do...helped me get them right away on a Sunday night.
Dr. Dodd’s is very knowledgeable and honest about RE care. We only have endometriosis and while that’s all we have standing in our way he didn’t down play the severity of my case. He has made me feel top priority with just one ovary remaining. A family is important to us and he was very blunt as far as success may go when involving financial means. It’s unfortunate we have not met him in person as our initial was a televisit as we live a few hours away, and he was not the one who actually did our procedure. However, I respect all of his decisions and appreciate his time and guidance throughout our first cycle. While it didn’t work for us, we are biting at the bullet to try again.
Just make sure you’re comfortable with your RE and their decisions because you may not have them when come procedure day.
Dr Dodd’s helped me feel like a human by listening to my questions and answering them without just statistic.
We had a very basic IVF cycle as it was our first time. It started with birth control, blood work and then waiting. It then turned into other stimulating injections, and trigger. We then had our retrieval 36 hours later in their GR office. And a transfer two days later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
Although I didn’t always get Shelly, they had my case readily available and took the time to listen to my thoughts and concerns even if I was “new” to them.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Location was very easy to find. Accessibility is a plus. It’s a little unfortunate they don’t have more accessible clinics in northern Michigan but a family is worth the travel. It was very easy to reach the nursing staff in time of need. I ran out of medications and didn’t know what to do. They helped me get them right away on a Sunday night.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I had my monitoring appointments at home locally which was very helpful. Results were called to me no later than 4pm
We have spent about 12k total on treatment and another 4K on meds.
I appreciated Dr Dodd’s allowing us to transfer 2 embryos as we would be ecstatic with multiples. Being fairly young and healthy, we felt it was a good decision he helped us make.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dodds was wonderful in explaining the procedures that I would undergo. He was friendly and relate able. It seemed like he truly cared about us and our goals. Despite non of my cycles working, he changed plans each to hopefully give us a better outcome...First we completed a few rounds of clomid resulting in negatives tests. Then we moved to IUI's. We completed 3 IUI's on femara and ovidrel and one on Gonal-F.
The main office manager [at Fertility Center of Michigan] always remembered my name, which I really appreciated. The billing team was easy to work with when I had insurance issues and my IVF nurses were very helpful...Because of my age (35) two embryo transfers were recommended. Those that were younger than I, a single embryo transfer was recommended.
He was my favorite out of all the doctors there.
It seemed like he cared about me and my husband.
First we completed a few rounds of clomid resulting in negatives tests. Then we moved to IUI's. We completed 3 IUI's on femara and ovidrel and one on Gonal-F. I took a few months off after that. Next, we completed 2 egg retrievals. 1 egg retrieval resulted in 5 eggs, and 2 embryos sadly they didn't make it past day 2. That cycle included a prime of birth control and then increasing dosages of Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide. The second egg retrieval was a mini dose IVF which included a prime of femara and low dosages of Gonal-F, Menopur and Cetrotide. On the day of the egg retrieval, I ovulated 5 hours before my retrieval. We did an IUI that morning. All resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Currently we are doing a couple rounds of Femara while clinics are closed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Libby)
The nursing and support staff were great! They made me feel at easy and were always available if I had any questions.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It is very clean and warm feeling. The main office manager always remembered my name, which I really appreciated. The billing team was easy to work with when I had insurance issues and my IVF nurses were very helpful.
Our first cycle was around 15K, but alot of that were medications. Since our 1 round never made it to a transfer, we were refunded the amount a transfer would cost. Our next IVF round was $3500.
Grand Rapids

I had already seen a previous IVF doctors and specialists over our 9+ years of infertility and numerous miscarriages. Dr. Dodd went through all of those results prior to suggesting IVF...[he] was very honest but encouraging regarding the odds of a successful pregnancy. He reached out personally with results and to make sure we had any follow up questions answered that may have come up...felt pretty strongly about transferring only two
The entire staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] was aware of the length and losses my husband and I have been through. They were very compassionate and patient. I was never rushed through visits, phone calls or questions. There were times when Dr. Dodd had called personally to go over tests and information were professional and punctual. I always was taken back for my appointments on time if not early. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. They were flexible with scheduling and had hours that could be worked around my work schedule as well as my husbands
Our experience with Dr. Dodds was nothing but exceptional care. He took his time explaining treatment and educating us with possible issues or complications. He was very honest but encouraging regarding the odds of a successful pregnancy. He reached out personally with results and to make sure we had any follow up questions answered that may have come up. When he called to tell us we were pregnant, he was excited. He shared this victory with us. We always felt like this was as important to him as it was to us. That's what we wanted and needed in a fertility doctor.
Make a list of questions. Don't be afraid to ask a million of 'em. He will answer every one of them and keep explaing it to you until you understand every bit of your diagnosis, results or treatment. He is a very patient Doctor and will walk you through all the steps.
The entire staff was aware of the length and losses my husband and I have been through. They were very compassionate and patient. I was never rushed through visits, phone calls or questions. There were times when Dr. Dodd had called personally to go over tests and information. When things went well he celebrated those victories with us as if they were his own. We always felt like we were a priority.
I had already seen a previous IVF doctors and specialists over our 9+ years of infertility and numerous miscarriages. Dr. Dodd went through all of those results prior to suggesting IVF. Some testing was eliminated due to an egg donation I had made over 13 years ago, prior to knowing I myself would have issues. (Both of the women that chose me as their egg donor were successful.) I had already had genetics and chromosomes checked as well. My husband had his chromosomes checked and everything came back normal. I can't really describe anything further, I had so much testing done prior by so many different doctors and specialists that Dr. Dodd had to go through it and come up with a game plan based on those. We were successful with our first round of IVF. Unfortunately I developed pre-eclampsia at 20 weeks and my placenta had back flow and my son was experiencing growth restriction. I was admitted into the hospital at that point.The maternal fetal doctor was able to hold off delivery until 23 weeks and 4 days. My son lived for 5 days, but unfortunately his lungs weren't strong enough and we lost him. We plan on discussing risks and possibly another round of IVF when the time is right.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Libby Walters)
Libby, as well as the entire nursing staff were amazing. There was always someone there answering the phone and they always had an answer. If they had to check with the doctor, they returned your call promptly. There was a few episodes I had with bleeding once I was pregnant and they were very patient and calming when I called upset and crying. Their calmness helped me to panic less. They never made me feel like I was a bother and were always very compassionate.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Absolutely no weaknesses. They were professional and punctual. I always was taken back for my appointments on time if not early. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. They were flexible with scheduling and had hours that could be worked around my work schedule as well as my husbands.
Without medications, we spent under $9,000. There were a few extra services that we had requested to increase our chances.
Dr Dodd felt pretty strongly about transferring only two. I've never had an issue getting pregnant, just staying pregnant so he felt like this was a safer approach than the three I requested. After hearing his reasoning, I was more than happy to just transfer two of them.
2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Dodd’s always took the time to explain and make sure we understood every step of our IVF transfers. He was always upbeat and funny which is something that was so uplifting which made the whole process easier...He is very caring and compassionate towards his patients...He treats you like an actual human being and quite funny
We always felt communication [with nurses] was clear and straight forward...All of the [ Fertility Center of Michigan] staff are super welcoming and friendly. They all treat you like an individual and not a stastic. One thing that would be helpful is improving communication between staff and the ultrasound techs, there were a handful of times that I would come in and the tech wouldn’t know my plan of treatment.
Dr. Dodd’s is truly the best! He knows what he is doing and makes sure you understand every step of treatment. He treats you like an actual human being and quite funny!
Dr. Dodd’s is my absolute favorite! He is very caring and compassionate towards his patients.
I can’t recall the exact treatment strategies, but this last IVF cycle was a more modern approach. I was on estradiol and progesterone injections.
I found the overall process very positive! We always felt communication was clear and straight forward.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
All of the staff are super welcoming and friendly. They all treat you like an individual and not a stastic. One thing that would be helpful is improving communication between staff and the ultrasound techs, there were a handful of times that I would come in and the tech wouldn’t know my plan of treatment.
Over the past six years of going to the fertility clinic, my husband and I have paid around $30,000 in treatments.
When I asked staff, there was no recommendation on single vs double embryo transfer.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
He [Dr. William Dodds] had us try clomid for 6 rounds. unsuccessful. we then trying to set my body my body up for ivf, where my body did not respond to the drugs . this is when we found out that the D&C damaged uterus lining. he did everything to make sure we could have our family. he performed a surgery to attempt to restore my lining . unsuccessful...[Dr. Dodds] is caring . Explains plans in details. Answers all our questions. calls us back if we have questions. knows who we are
Everyone one at the clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is patient, compassionate and understanding. No matter how many times you call or email, they are happy to assist you with their knowledge...Egg Donor process was slow moving . they had us wait months for a certain nurse, who did not end up being there for our initial appointment. I like the clinic because they never are frustrated with things. they are completely understanding and show empathy every phone call, email, or visit.
Dr Dodds I did recommend to my best experiencing infertility. Reason is that he is knowledgeable and can run several test that may determine a solution. He always makes sure we fully understand the steps in the plan and what are options are .
This process is overwhelming . Your head is foggy with anxiety , sadness and negativity. Before you go to the appointment, write down your goals and questions
Dr Dodds is caring . Explains plans in details. Answers all our questions. calls us back if we have questions. knows who we are
when we first met Dr Dodds, I had miscarried three times. he understood getting pregnant was not an issue for us , but staying pregnant was . He had us try clomid for 6 rounds. unsuccessful. we then trying to set my body my body up for ivf, where my body did not respond to the drugs . this is when we found out that the D&C damaged uterus lining. he did everything to make sure we could have our family. he performed a surgery to attempt to restore my lining . unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin Strouse)
Everyone one at the clinic is patient, compassionate and understanding. No matter how many times you call or email, they are happy to assist you with their knowledge
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think that being drugs for me, ultrsounds, tests, consultations,egg donor. We are well over 50k
Grand Rapids

Dr. Dodd’s is a great person and doctor. He doesn’t rush through the appointment and thoroughly answers each question with years of experience clearly behind each thoughtful answer. He is understanding that this is a difficult and sensitive time for patients...I had tried clomid prior to seeing Dr. Dodd, and he explained that IN femara studies it have been shown to work better than clomid for pcos which I have. We tried femara twice which I ovulated with based on occupations tests and a progesterone level.
Nurses [The Fertility Ctr of Michigan] kind and compassionate, with you every step of the way. Detailed in keeping you updated on the plan and details for each new cycle. Staff communicate well with each other and with me.... They met me after each of my appointments to go over the next plan and future appointments which was appreciated. They were efficient at calling me back the same day, and working to make sure they retrieved any labs taken outside of the clinic.
Dr. Dodd’s is a great person and doctor. He doesn’t rush through the appointment and thoroughly answers each question with years of experience clearly behind each thoughtful answer. He is understanding that this is a difficult and sensitive time for patients, especially the woman. He is kind and detailed, with every script and note written, never missing one single fact. At the first appointment we talked about our personal lives, careers, and families including both his own and ours - which set the tone for each future appointment, making it feel like we were just meeting with a friend. We also met in casual settings that didn’t feel like a “doctor’s office” which contributed to our comfort. He is clearly close with his staff, which helped us trust him and all the staff at the fertility clinic, knowing they were a team all together supporting us.
Great doctor- he has perfect bedside Manner and is excellent at his profession.
My calls were answered quickly, my questions were taken seriously and given thorough answers, the processes were explained in great detail as well as printed out, the staff grieved with me with each negative pregnancy test, they also helped me find the cheapest pharmacy to get medications by cash. I also had a nurse meet with me at the end of each ultrasound/consultation to go over the plan and next steps.
I had tried clomid prior to seeing Dr. Dodd, and he explained that IN femara studies it have been shown to work better than clomid for pcos which I have. We tried femara twice which I ovulated with based on occupations tests and a progesterone level. On the second round I didn’t get a positive ovulation test so I added ovidrel in the third and fourth cycles to ensure good ovulation. On the third and fourth cycles we did a mid cycles ultrasound Which showed that my uterine lining was getting smaller, and on the fourth round, which I had increased the dose of femara on, I was still only getting one follicle, so we have decided to move on to injectable with ovidrel and IUI which I am doing now. He explained that injectables will stimulate more eggs and thus increase chances of pregnancy. He also said iui doesn’t increase your chances by much, but we still wanted to try this during these injectable cycles as we will do 3 of them and then move to IVF.
They met me after each of my appointments to go over the next plan and future appointments which was appreciated. They were efficient at calling me back the same day, and working to make sure they retrieved any labs taken outside of the clinic. They were kind and compassionate and I appreciated them greatly at critical moments during my treatments.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Thorough and understanding doctors with lots of experience. Nurses kind and compassionate, with you every step of the way. Detailed in keeping you updated on the plan and details for each new cycle. Staff communicate well with each other and with me.
$300 for each ultrasound - which were multiple in some cycles. $600 -iui. $500 - first months dose of gonal f. $50 - femara. $50- metformin.
Dr. Dodd’s suggested a 2 embryo transfer as that will increase our chances of success, with a reasonable chance of a multiple pregnancy. Also is it obviously a very expensive procedure, so that is to be considered.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
At my first appointment, dr Dodd’s put ovidrel in his office note but we hadn’t discussed it and it was prescribed. It worked out as I was going to start it anyway.

2014 - 2019, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Dodds] is very friendly and compassionate. Blunt but not too blunt. Good bedside manner. We haven’t gotten the results we have been hoping for yet but he is always very understanding and always adjusting my plan and listening to my needs/wants. ... Sometimes I feel like he is stretched thin and in a hurry but other times he really takes his time.
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are very organized and friendly. Sometimes they run behind on time but then there are days where I am in and out in a timely manner. They always are on the same page as the doctor. A weakness is sometimes I have to call and ask certain things before they get the chance to call me. I’m sure they’re busy though. ... The only issue was my ERA test-the scheduling staff kept wanting to change it to a different day and time not knowing that it is a time sensitive test and didn’t to be done exactly when the nurse sugguested.
He is very friendly and compassionate. Blunt but not too blunt. Good bedside manner. We haven’t gotten the results we have been hoping for yet but he is always very understanding and always adjusting my plan and listening to my needs/wants.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and tell him what you would prefer/want-he is good at listening to your preferences and then adding in his professional advice.
At first I could tell he didn’t remember me or my husband but then as we continued to go there he now remembers us and it very friendly. Sometimes I feel like he is stretched thin and in a hurry but other times he really takes his time.
Nursing staff is amazing, always so helpful and never make you feel stupid or crazy for your questions or concerns. Always called with results in a timely manner and showed compassion.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are very organized and friendly. Sometimes they run behind on time but then there are days where I am in and out in a timely manner. They always are on the same page as the doctor. A weakness is sometimes I have to call and ask certain things before they get the chance to call me. I’m sure they’re busy though.
They were always in the morning and usually very quick. It worked for me because of my drive and then I just went to work afterwards.
Retrieval with transferring 5 day embryo with ICSI and embryo glue was roughly $10,000. My meds were around $3,000 and my montoring was roughly $2,500
We wanted to transfer 2 and he was okay with that, he never questioned it but I think it was because he knew I had poor egg quality and wanted to better our chances.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
The only issue was my ERA test-the scheduling staff kept wanting to change it to a different day and time not knowing that it is a time sensitive test and didn’t to be done exactly when the nurse sugguested. I feel like for scheduling staff that they should definently know that. Thankfully I knew it was time sensitive and stood my ground.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Dodds made me feel very comfortable and confident with his treatment plan. He told me all of the details and made me hopeful. The only thing that I wish could have done differently is that he would have suggested the hsg test before I started the Femara.... I had an ultrasound done and Dr. Dodds could tell that I had pcos. Because of the multiple cysts on my ovaries and infertility as well as some other symptoms he was confident
The strengths they [Fertility Center of Michigan] have are fast scheduling, prompt return calls, so caring and knowledgeable, great at explaining the next step. They have multiple doctors that you can see if your doctor isn't available and they are all great! When you call with questions they call you back within the hour and always answer all of your questions.... The nursing staff has been incredible! They make me feel comfortable and are genuinely concerned
Ask every question you can think of! There are no stupid questions!
He took the time to answer all of my questions and to explain the diagnosis of PCOS. He gave me hope with the treatment plan he decided and explained to me!
I had an ultrasound done and Dr. Dodds could tell that I had pcos. Because of the multiple cysts on my ovaries and infertility as well as some other symptoms he was confident with the diagnosis. He started me on Femara 5 mg for the first cycle. It worked but the second cycle we decided to add the trigger shot to take out the guess work of when I ovulate. Now this third cycle because I only had one follicle the previous two we increased my dosage to 7.5 of Femara with the trigger shot. I had one large follicle again. I have a consultation scheduled in a couple weeks if I am not pregnant to go over the next options.
The nursing staff has been incredible! They make me feel comfortable and are genuinely concerned and so caring every time I call or come in for my appointments. They make the visits each month as enjoyable as they can be.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The strengths they have are fast scheduling, prompt return calls, so caring and knowledgeable, great at explaining the next step. They have multiple doctors that you can see if your doctor isn't available and they are all great! When you call with questions they call you back within the hour and always answer all of your questions. I can't really think of any weaknesses at this point.
I paid everything out of pocket. Consultation $250. Ultrasound $200 Nurse consultation $75
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Dodd’s comes in the room shaking your hand always starting a conversation and never immediately about infertility. We never feel rushed while meeting with him. ... The phone calls he makes when the news isn’t always great is so sincere and positive. I really appreciate the time he takes during appointments and phone calls he makes.
The staff [The Fertility Center of MI] is top notch, a beautiful welcoming facility. They all do a wonderful job in making you feel as comfortable as possible and are great at making the stress of the procedures a bit less. ... There was not ever a line [for monitoring appointments] we waited in the waiting room as if it was a regular appointment. We scheduled the time we were able to make it
We love Dr. Dodd’s he was able to change up our transfer each time it didn’t work to try something different to try and set us up for success. After a failed fresh transfer and a failed frozen transfer he never made us feel like we wouldn’t conceive. After our 2nd frozen transfer we conceived and carrier our son to term. The phone calls he makes when the news isn’t always great is so sincere and positive. I really appreciate the time he takes during appointments and phone calls he makes.
Ask questions he is more then willing to answer them
Dr. Dodd’s comes in the room shaking your hand always starting a conversation and never immediately about infertility. We never feel rushed while meeting with him. He’s interested/ask question about things that are not related to infertility just to make it a less stressful experience.
We used the resistant uterine protocol on our last frozen cycle. I believe that is what worked for us. Unfortunately I can’t remember the entire process or meds that were prescribed
The nursing staff was always very kind and supportive during the process.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I do not have any weaknesses that I can think of in regards to the clinic. The staff is top notch, a beautiful welcoming facility. They all do a wonderful job in making you feel as comfortable as possible and are great at making the stress of the procedures a bit less.
There was not ever a line we waited in the waiting room as if it was a regular appointment. We scheduled the time we were able to make it
Around $14000 I believe with the retrieval and 3 transfers (1 fresh 2 frozen)
He was very set on not transferring more then 2. He did say the odds of successful pregnancy were slightly higher when transferring 2.
Grand Rapids

He was a very caring and loving man. He has passion to help create families and fulfill couples dreams. All though our first cycle with the fertility center ended in a miscarriage they helped me get back on track. I am hoping someday we will have our rainbow baby thanks to Dr. Dodds ... He started by increasing my ferma and added Gonal-f and ovidrel along with screen scans.
Very nice facility [at The Fertility Center of Michigan]. You just need to go in open minded and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. It is hard to get someone on the phone but they are very good at responding to calls the same day. ... Some of them are very sweet and compassionate. A few of them make you feel like you are an bother to them and you should know your own answers.
Be ready for many ups and downs through the journey.
He definitely cares for his patients and is willing to see you when you have questions.
He started by increasing my ferma and added Gonal-f and ovidrel along with screen scans. The provider I was seeing in the past didn't do any monitoring so this made me feel so much better. He gives you up to 3 cycles before you move on to something else. After 2 rounds of meds and one miscarriage we moved on to IUI. Currently about to go in for another consultation and 2nd iui.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very nice facility. You just need to go in open minded and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. It is hard to get someone on the phone but they are very good at responding to calls the same day.
So far any visits have just been a vote pay. The IUI was paid for out of pocket along with the fertility medication

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Dodds was understanding and was there for myself and husband if we had any questions along the way. He explained the process and procedures. He is involved his patients and wants each and everyone of them to have a successful full term pregnancy...I would say that patients will like working with Dr. Dodds, he is knowledgeable and wants what is best for his patients...My husband and I did 3 rounds of timed intercourse which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We also did 3 rounds IUI, 2 of which resulted in no pregnancy, the last one did result in a pregnancy, but I had a miscarriage. After the miscarriage my husband and I met with Dr. Dodds to discuss further treatment. At the moment, my husband and I decided we needed a break from the treatments due to the financial cost and emotional toll.
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is warm and inviting, the staff are available to answer any questions that we may have along the way with our treatments. The staff is there to give you space or be there for you if you need to talk to someone...All the nursing staff were helpful and knowledgeable. They were compassionate and understanding of the situation my husband and I are in...we were provided with a list of costs and which ones were covered by our insurance.
Dr. Dodds was there for any questions I had about my treatment. He was very helpful and optimistic about my prognosis.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is warm and inviting, the staff are available to answer any questions that we may have along the way with our treatments. The staff is there to give you space or be there for you if you need to talk to someone.
At first consult with Dr. Dodds we were provided with a list of costs and which ones were covered by our insurance.
Didn't have these preformed.

2015 - 2019, Successful
I always felt extremely comfortable with Dr.Dodds and trusted him with decisions going forward with my treatments. Dr. Dodds always was open and honest about what he thought we needed to do and gave us choices even if he didn't think it was needed for us he wanted to offer the choice still...he always spent quality time with us and made us feel as a friend not patient or number
the fertility center [of Michigan] overall is the most caring doctors office I have ever been to I definitely felt cared for and not a number...they really care about you, they take their time with each and every patient and you are heard, I would say a weakness is how you get pushed around to see all the doctors during ivf I would have rather only saw my doctor...[the nurses] were wonderful they all were very compassionate
He is very professional and also cares about you as a patient and as a human. I always felt extremely comfortable with Dr.Dodds and trusted him with decisions going forward with my treatments. Dr. Dodds always was open and honest about what he thought we needed to do and gave us choices even if he didn't think it was needed for us he wanted to offer the choice still.
be patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: sandy )
they were wonderful they all were very compassionate
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
they really care about you, they take their time with each and every patient and you are heard, I would say a weakness is how you get pushed around to see all the doctors during ivf I would have rather only saw my doctor I had to see a few doctors that I did not care for during my last pregnancy where one doctor told me I had a chemical pregnancy and then I had a baby with a heartbeat the following week she was not great... the fertility center overall is the most caring doctors office I have ever been to I definitely felt cared for and not a number
Grand Rapids
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1 [with Dr.William Dodds]. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur...I am working with him remotely, so I saw him via Skype. He was very informative and supportive to both my husband and I during our initial consultation. He answered all our questions and described our options very well (I'm a nurse so have a good amount of education on the process, but my husband however does not!) The whole team that works with Dr.Dodds has been phenomenal!
[The staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan are] Great Communicators. Very supportive team: Nurses, Doctors, etc. I am working with the team remotely (Living in Traverse City, they have a remote office from their Grand Rapids location.) This has been a lifesaver! I work full time, so going through fertility treatment if I had to commute to Grand Rapids multiple times a week would be near impossible. I have loved working with them, along with the staff at Grand Traverse Womens Clinic!
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur.
Grand Rapids

[Dr. William Dodds] Always provides answers and very informative...has been very helpful and understanding during our process. He has been blunt yet sincere at the same time. He always takes his time and makes sure that all our questions have been answered before we leave the office...Femara 3 tabs x 5 days Ovidrel to induce ovulation...I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc)
[Costs at The Fertility Center of Michigan were] $600 per IUI ($1200 total)...$100 ultrasound each month...$100 Ovidrel each month...I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc)...a medication was recommended after 3 failed IUI for my husband to take to help with sperm count, feel like it could have been discussed and recommended after first failed IUI
Dr. Dodds has been very helpful and understanding during our process. He has been blunt yet sincere at the same time. He always takes his time and makes sure that all our questions have been answered before we leave the office.
Ask questions!
Always provides answers and very informative.
Femara 3 tabs x 5 days Ovidrel to induce ovulation.
Very helpful
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc) a medication was recommended after 3 failed IUI for my husband to take to help with sperm count, feel like it could have been discussed and recommended after first failed IUI
$600 per IUI ($1200 total) $100 ultrasound each month $100 Ovidrel each month Office visit

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
When we went for retrieval [with Dr. Dodds] we found we are probably a day too early. A lot of the eggs were not mature. In the end after the eggs were fertilized we had two nice embryos available. We transfer those two eggs while on progesterone oil injections and ended with a chemical pregnancy. Our next IVF cycle we knew I like to surge early,..At this point we went to a microdose of Lupron to help ward off my body wanted to surge on its own, went with a 450 does daily of injections and in the end we had 13 eggs retrieved and 11 of them were mature with eight of them fertilizing .
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] has an office in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo that we utilize...The doctors rotate who is available at the Kalamazoo office and it’s more so used as a hub but any large procedures need to be done in Grand Rapids. All of the offices are friendly and inviting...The nurses do a pretty darn good job overall. I feel there could be a little bit better communication between them at times but overall they do a pretty good job.
We started seeing Dr. Dodds over the last eight months. Dr. Dodds took over a case from one of the other doctors in the same practice. Dr. Dodds has a very good bedside manner. We have gone through multiple IUI’s Trying to achieve a pregnancy well trying to be less stressful. We have gone through IVF years earlier while living in a different area and also achieved a pregnancy on her own. Being that we were able to get pregnant on our own we thought IUI could work. To our dismay it was not the right path and we took full punch back into the IVF world. Dr. Dodds had our best interest at heart the whole time. My husband and I are both in the veterinary medical field and Dr. Dodds was more than willing to explain everything so we would understand. We definitely like knowing the reasons why were doing things. During the hard times he still stood strong and now we have a new game plan.
It is hard to wait... I know how long we have all waited to get to the next step. He does have your best interest at heart... it all will be worth it in the end.
Even during the difficult times he goes above and beyond with calling with his condolences. When we canceled a cycle he said he wouldn’t recommend going any farther with that cycle if it were him and his wife.
When we first started we were unaware that my body like to surge prior to us wanting it to. We didn’t know if my very first IVF cycle well on the table for retrieval I was accused of not taking all of my medications as prescribed. I knew that was not the case, for being in the medical field I knew how important everything was,But was not aware why I lost some of my key players that day. Although during that cycle we had a successful pregnancy without any leftover eggs. So going through with Dr. Dodds I did let them know that I released eggs early we were in aware if it was from the time I receive the trigger shot or other circumstances. My first cycle of Dr. dad’s involved in a mix of Lupron but was not aware why I lost some of my key players that day. Although during that cycle we had a successful pregnancy without any leftover eggs. So going through with Dr. Dodds I did let them know that I released eggs early we were in aware if it was from the time I receive the trigger shot or other circumstances. My first cycle of Dr. dad’s involved in a mix of two injectables and we found I am not super sensitive to medications and I took a larger dose from myself to create more. This cycle when we were very close to a retrieval we found I had my own small lh surge prior to the injection. This is where we change gears we knew my body produce things quickly so we started medications earlier and the thought was my eggs matured faster. During IUI cycles I would normally surge between 11 and 13 days. So we knew I had early ovulation. So with our next IVF cycle we started medications earlier and stronger and when we got close to that area of concern we went for it. When we went for retrieval we found we are probably a day too early. A lot of the eggs were not mature. In the end after the eggs were fertilized we had two nice embryos available. We transfer those two eggs while on progesterone oil injections and ended with a chemical pregnancy. Our next IVF cycle we knew I like to surge early, But now also know the eggs are not mature at that point. At this point we went to a microdose of Lupron to help ward off my body wanted to surge on its own, went with a 450 does daily of injections and in the end we had 13 eggs retrieved and 11 of them were mature with eight of them fertilizing . We transferred two eggs, We were froze the remaining six eggs and this is the first time we’ve ever had freezable eggs and ended with a chemical pregnancy. We currently are planning on going through a mark embryo transfer but instead of doing the transfer taking a sample Biopsy to be sent out to make sure we are at the right timing. If everything works out the plan is to move forward with a June cycle.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic itself has an office in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo that we utilize. I believe they have one in Traverse City area as well for Michigan. We primarily use the Kalamazoo office as were adjacent to it. The doctors rotate who is available at the Kalamazoo office and it’s more so used as a hub but any large procedures need to be done in Grand Rapids. All of the offices are friendly and inviting.
For cost there is a base fee, the base of each service we need it was all a cart.
I don’t have a lot of information regarding single versus multiple, but during our first IVF cycle, we were part of that one versus two embryo transfer study although when we got to the end we were kicked out due to the quality of eggs when we lost the key players ahead of time.
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Each time that we went back he [Dr. William Dodds] always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.... Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Each time that we went back he [Dr. William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan] always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.... Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Dr. Dodd’s is everything I expect to see in a doctor. Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Just to trust that he always has your best interest at heart and if a cycle does not work that it is not always his fault, he is doing his best.
Dr. Dodd’s takes the time to sit down in his private office with myself and my husband and intertwines regular conversation with professional conversation. He is very down to earth and made my husband and I feel like we had known him forever and could share our fears and concerns. After 7 years of infertility he took the time to go through the entire history of everything we had been through and to devise a plan going forward. Each time that we went back he always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.
2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
[Protocols with Dr. Dodds were] IUI with Chlomid/trigger shot. Full IVF cycle long protocol. Two frozen transfers with Luperon injections, Progesterone injections & Estrace...Very good doctor...answers all of our questions...He treats every patient, family and treatment plan individually. He makes sure we know step by step the process and what to expect. He checks in on his patients and follows up with them. He ensures that we are on the same page and that we do not leave not knowing. He always reasures us for the best possible outcome, but also makes sure we know the odds and the statistics. He is very personable and very approachable. We never feel rushed and know that our family is in good hands with him and his team.
Great communication [from the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan]...always made sure we understood exact instructions...Great organization. The Clinical staff is awesome. They always have openings & accomidate their patient and family needs. They re-assure you that everything is timed just right so you never have to worry about the weekends or holidays interfering with your plan and process. They very thoroughly explain all of the patient instructions and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
Great Reproductive Endocrinologist. Dr. Doods loves his job and his patients. He treats every patient, family and treatment plan individually. He makes sure we know step by step the process and what to expect. He checks in on his patients and follows up with them. He ensures that we are on the same page and that we do not leave not knowing. He always reasures us for the best possible outcome, but also makes sure we know the odds and the statistics. He is very personable and very approachable. We never feel rushed and know that our family is in good hands with him and his team.
Have Faith and hope for the best. Dr. Dodds is amazing and fertility options do work
Very good doctor answers all of our questions
Great communication always made sure we understood exact instructions
None

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. William Dodds] would call me personally to talk about results or procedures...Such a nice Doctor. Completely trust him. He explained everything so well and was kind to us through each of our journeys to get pregnant. I always appreciated his calls to congratulate me on a success or see how I was doing after a failure...After 6 failed IUIs he suggested that we either start stronger injectables or begin IVF. After our first fresh cycle IVF we transferred two embryos and got pregnant with one baby. Most recently we transferred 2 frozen embryos and did not get pregnant. He suggested we thaw 3 the next time and pick the best 2. Which was good because one of the embryos did not make it. After transferring those two good embryos we did get pregnant and it looks to be one baby after the 6 week ultrasound.
They [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] were always there to answer questions if I had them. They explained the medications that I had to take and when I needed to take them...They are very good at their jobs. They are helpful with questions and even provide monthly meetings for new patients to come and learn more about the fertility center. The weakness would just be the costs associated but I know there is not much they can do about that. It would be great if more insurances would cover some costs.
Trust Dr Dodd’s. He knows what he is doing and he is always looking out for your best interests.
He would call me personally to talk about results or procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were always there to answer questions if I had them. They explained the medications that I had to take and when I needed to take them.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
We had to pay out of pocket for everything except ultrasounds and prescriptions. That is the worse part about infertility, the costs are so high

2016 - 2019, Successful
[Protocols with Dr. William Dodds were] Clomid and scheduled intercourse - not successful...Clomid and IUI - not successful...Clomid and injectables - successful...has personally called me numerous times to discuss treatment plans. I was also able to contact him through email and he was quick to respond with an in depth, detailed answer. He is really easy to talk to and would talk to me about things other than my treatment plan (because sometimes that gets old and tiring). We would talk about his kids, my interests, his interests, etc.
The employees at the front desk [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are AWESOME. Every time I am there they greet me with a smile and call me by my first name. They are easy to communicate with and have multiple means of communication. Their response time is quick. It's clean. It's professional...For the most part, they [nurses] are so nice. Two nurses told me about their own fertility journeys which made me feel so comfortable and at ease... knowing they had gone through what I was going through. Weakness - I didn't have one primary nurse so at times I felt like they didn't know my treatment plan. Sometimes I needed to tell them what the plan was,
He is awesome. If anyone out there is reading this and wondering if they should pursue care under Dr. Dodds, the answer is YES. I was nervous going into my first consultation. I didn't know what to expect. He put me at ease as soon as he walked into the room. He is friendly and personable. He opened up about himself which made me feel comfortable. He has called me personally numerous times to go over treatment plans. You can tell he truly wants to find what will be successful for you.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.
Dr. Dodds has personally called me numerous times to discuss treatment plans. I was also able to contact him through email and he was quick to respond with an in depth, detailed answer. He is really easy to talk to and would talk to me about things other than my treatment plan (because sometimes that gets old and tiring). We would talk about his kids, my interests, his interests, etc.
Clomid and scheduled intercourse - not successful Clomid and IUI - not successful Clomid and injectables - successful
Strengths - For the most part, they are so nice. Two nurses told me about their own fertility journeys which made me feel so comfortable and at ease... knowing they had gone through what I was going through. Weakness - I didn't have one primary nurse so at times I felt like they didn't know my treatment plan. Sometimes I needed to tell them what the plan was,
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The employees at the front desk are AWESOME. Every time I am there they greet me with a smile and call me by my first name. They are easy to communicate with and have multiple means of communication. Their response time is quick. It's clean. It's professional.
I do not remember the initial cost of the consultation. An ultrasound and nurse visit ranged from $275-$385. An IUI was $600. The medications were EXPENSIVE but that price depends on insurance so it is different for everyone.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I had a successful pregnancy though The Fertility Center. When we went back to try for baby #2 they told us we would start with the same treatments that we were successful with for baby #1. It took four failed rounds before i/they realized I was not doing what we were successful with for baby #1.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Dodd’s is the most compassionate and sweet doctor I’ve ever had. I always felt comfortable and never felt rushed even though I know he is a very busy man. Always explained things in detail and was very empathetic to us when I miscarried with our second transfer. He called to congratulate me when I got pregnant and he was truly excited for us.
The Fertility Center is a Very warm and inviting clinic with kind and happy staff. They Offer coffee and water while waiting. Clean and accommodating, I have NO complaints on the clinic. All staff that I have come in contact with has been great! ... It was suggested to transfer 2 embryos and I was clearly warned of the chances of multiple birth, etc but we both agreed that this would be the best for me.
Make a list of any question you might have because when you’re in a consult, it’s very overwhelming and you will forget to ask things. Dr Dodd’s is great with answering any questions you may have
Dr Dodds was so kind and compassionate and I never felt rushed and he was always more than willing to answer questions and elaborate when we didn’t fully understand something. I even received a phone call congratulating me on my pregnancies and also condolences when I miscarried.
I don’t really remember my protocols
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
All nurses were very kind and knowledgeable. Always there to answer questions when the doctor wasn’t available and if they didn’t know the answer, they asked the doctor for me.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Retrieval and fresh transfer was around $17,000. Frozen transfers were around $5,000 each

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Dodds] is knowledgeable, patient and calm. He always had our progress and our charts available. Although we didn’t meet with him often, we were glad when he did because he explained things thoroughly and specifically. ... Four IUI’s with clomid Hysteroscopy for uterine polyps IVF: egg retrieval, fresh embryo transfer with injections and trigger shots; progesterone and estridol; frozen embryo transfer
Strengths [of The Fertility Center of Michigan]: knowledgeable, passionate, helpful, direct Weaknesses: communication, detailed, giving feedback I would recommend asking questions when feeling confused or unsure of what is next. We felt like when these office visits are so routine for nurses, we felt like there was broken communication between those in the office. I think what would help is to have the staff be more detailed in their responses and explanations rather than less because it helps patients understand the process and helps answers all the “whys”.
He is knowledgeable, patient and calm. He always had our progress and our charts available. Although we didn’t meet with him often, we were glad when he did because he explained things thoroughly and specifically.
Ask questions and for clarification when you don’t understand.
He treated me as if I was his own daughter.
They were well versed in procedures and office visits. Their communication between members of the office could improve as we felt confused at times when seeing different nurses.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths: knowledgeable, passionate, helpful, direct Weaknesses: communication, detailed, giving feedback I would recommend asking questions when feeling confused or unsure of what is next. We felt like when these office visits are so routine for nurses, we felt like there was broken communication between those in the office. I think what would help is to have the staff be more detailed in their responses and explanations rather than less because it helps patients understand the process and helps answers all the “whys”.
4 IUI’s ($500 each) $12,000 for IVF-fresh embryo transfer $5,000 for IVF-frozen embryo transfer
It was completely up to us. He presented us with success rates, risks and benefits.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We felt like front office staff didn’t communicate well with nurses at times. We know the clinic is busy, but felt confused at times.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
I think Dr. Dodds is exceptional and he wants all of his patients to succeed. What I like best is even though I am under his primary care, all of the doctors have great communication and I am able to feel comfortable with any of them.... Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.
The main clinic [Fertility Ctr of MI] is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly... Every nurse I have encountered has shown great empathy and compassion and some can relate to the journey which is comforting.
Do your research, ask questions until you feel comfortable. If you are walking in with no prior knowledge regarding infertility, like I did, I felt very lost and confused but he is willing to explain things in a way for you to understand until you feel comfortable.
From the time we had our first consult we felt that Dr.Dodds genuinely wanted to help us succeed and every visit since we leave with that same feeling.
We took our time trying these out slowly. We started with timed intercourse with clomid and gonal f then moved to iui’s with gonal f, eventually moving to IVF which is where we discovered my egg quality was poor. We retrieved 3 times and I really appreciated that each time the doctors discussed my case and tried different approaches, however in the end my eggs are just too poor and we are moving on to donor eggs.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The main clinic is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly (when I found out I miscarried).
Though we have not had any transfers yet, Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.

2019, Consult
we have found that male factor infertility is a possible issue due to low sperm count. Dr. Dodds is working with us to try to help increase the sperm count with the hope that IVF could be avoided. He has suggested a male hormone treatment to raise testosterone levels which would hopefully raise sperm count...great bedside manner. Very approachable. He takes the time to explain medical terms and procedures...is very personable and we felt very comfortable asking questions. Our first appointment/consultation, felt a little rushed. After a few tests and blood work, we met again to go over the results. This appointment felt slower and we had more time to discuss next steps and treatment. We realize its hard to discuss everything the first meeting so we were not that upset.
The staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] is great about using names...The nursing staff we have interacted with have all been very friendly. We appreciate the use of our names and the approachable personalities...Based on research, we felt the costs were inline with other clinics. They do have finance options and offer info on grants...They are good about returning calls, but it has been hard to get a person on the phone at the time I'm making the calls. (My calls have been scheduling and billing related, not medical.)
Dr. Dodds is very personable and we felt very comfortable asking questions. Our first appointment/consultation, felt a little rushed. After a few tests and blood work, we met again to go over the results. This appointment felt slower and we had more time to discuss next steps and treatment. We realize its hard to discuss everything the first meeting so we were not that upset.
There is so much to learn, be ready to listen. Do some research before had, it will make the first few visits go more smoothly. Having some knowledge about infertility and treatments will help in asking questions that directly relate to your situation. Don't go alone, having a spouse/family member/friend will help during the down times to discuss all the info being shared with you.
The staff is great about using names. Dr. Dodds have a great bedside manner. Very approachable. He takes the time to explain medical terms and procedures.
We are still in the diagnostic stage of our infertility treatment. However, we have found that male factor infertility is a possible issue due to low sperm count. Dr. Dodds is working with us to try to help increase the sperm count with the hope that IVF could be avoided. He has suggested a male hormone treatment to raise testosterone levels which would hopefully raise sperm count.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The office itself is a welcoming and calming environment. They make every effort to protect your privacy. They offer a lot of info and don't leave anything on the table. You feel welcome to ask any questions. The biggest issue I have, is when calling by phone there are way too many prompts. I understand it is how the world runs, but there are so many prompts that sometimes I'm not sure if I'm getting to the right person/department. Whenever I have called, I always end up with a voicemail. They are good about returning calls, but it has been hard to get a person on the phone at the time I'm making the calls. (My calls have been scheduling and billing related, not medical.)
Based on research, we felt the costs were inline with other clinics. They do have finance options and offer info on grants. Overall, its just expensive treatment to pursue.