5.2

Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Treated 2017
Fertility is serious but Dr. Dodds is able to lighten the mood and make you feel at ease. He genuinely cares about your success...not only did we have a great egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and successful pregnancy with Dr. Dodds but I felt great about it the entire time. I knew that he was doing the best he could for use to ensure success. I like being able to joke around with someone and feel like a friend rather than having a stuffy doctor!
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy more than once...IVF at the clinic cost about $8000 not including medication...is great but make sure you are your own advocate. They do these procedures and do these appointments every day - I think sometimes the staff forgets that it might be your first appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions - everyone's more than happy to help...
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is amazing. He has a great personality. Fertility is serious but Dr. Dodds is able to lighten the mood and make you feel at ease. He genuinely cares about your success. I had a great experience with Dr. Dodds - not only did we have a great egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and successful pregnancy with Dr. Dodds but I felt great about it the entire time. I knew that he was doing the best he could for use to ensure success. I like being able to joke around with someone and feel like a friend rather than having a stuffy doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I know that fertility is very serious and for some people it's not a joking matter. For us, we had been trying to conceiver for 2 years before we saw Dr. Dodds for IVF. We had been through the ringer with lots of failures and it was just our life at the time and we wanted to be able to talk and joke with someone and make it not so serious. IVF is HARD - might as well try and make it somewhat enjoyable!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Super friendly and helpful. He is a genuine nice guy who cares about your success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
All of the nurses at the Fertility Center are great! They treat you like a friend and care about your success.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The Fertility Center is great but make sure you are your own advocate. They do these procedures and do these appointments every day - I think sometimes the staff forgets that it might be your first appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions - everyone's more than happy to help.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
IVF at the clinic cost about $8000 not including medication.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy more than once.

Treated 2015 - 2017
He [Dr. Dodds] took the time to deeply explain things in ways that we could here. I appreciated that he didn’t speak in absolutes like other doctors who told us we would never get pregnant on our own—which we did we just miscarried. He instead explained our odds and what he recommended based on our aged and his knowledge and our factors. ... Meeting directly with Dr Dodd’s was very helpful, supportive, and informative
Some really great staff [Fertility Center of Michigan] and some just ok. You do end up feeling a bit like a number due to volume. ... I didn’t love having whatever doc was on whatever day for retrievals and consults. ... They don’t really push or recommend PGS testing and suggest three or four embryos to transfer given my age over 40. We transferred 3 and had a singleton and have 4 embryos remaining
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He took the time to deeply explain things in ways that we could here. I appreciated that he didn’t speak in absolutes like other doctors who told us we would never get pregnant on our own—which we did we just miscarried. He instead explained our odds and what he recommended based on our aged and his knowledge and our factors.
Bring all your questions to your appointment as you won’t have many with him.
Meeting directly with Dr Dodd’s was very helpful, supportive, and informative and when he called with results and information it was fantastic but the majority of things are handled by his nurses. Truly when doing IUI you don’t see or hear from the docs much at all and that improves some with IVF. The nurses are mostly great but it feels like the clinic is super busy and not able to handle all the patients.
Describe the protocols William Dodds used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
Yikes I don’t remember the protocol except I was in a ton of Gonal F.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
Sandy was amazing and absolutely was the reason we made it through the process. Jennifer was also fantastic as her back up. We wouldn’t have our son without Sandy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Some really great staff and some just ok. You do end up feeling a bit like a number due to volume. The end results were excellent. I didn’t love having whatever doc was on whatever day for retrievals and consults.
They were laid out and totaled with meds around $15,000 for IVF
Describe William Dodds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They don’t really push or recommend PGS testing and suggest three or four embryos to transfer given my age over 40. We transferred 3 and had a singleton and have 4 embryos remaining.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Some trouble with getting meds called into mail order pharmacies and some calling back and forth for results.
Treated 2013 - 2017
Dr. Dodds is amazing. At first he can seem a bit cold/impersonal, but if you enjoy someone who is blunt but compassionate, he's the doctor for you. And if you fall into the category of "long time" patients, he will become your best ally and an amazing support system...Dr. Dodds is invested in his patients' successes. He's willing to think outside the box and explore alternative treatment options when the first few fail...PCOS patient- used both an estrogen priming protocol (poor egg quality) and an agonist protocol.
The clinic [The Fertility Center] is small enough to keep it intimate and personal, but large enough that they're on the cutting edge of technology such as time lapse. My only complaint is their strong preference for day 2 transfers instead of blast culture...Only once did we have an issue, and it was because they had called the wrong patient so we were confused when they told us that our transfer was several days earlier than it should have been.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Give him time. He's amazing once you get to know him.
PCOS patient- used both an estrogen priming protocol (poor egg quality) and an agonist protocol. Once we moved on to FETs exclusively, we added in the resistant uterine protocol, and eventually some stronger immune treatments (IV lipids, high dose steroids, injectable blood thinners) since we couldn't pinpoint a cause for our recurrent losses.
Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing. They held us as we cried after every loss, and celebrated with us the day we finally graduated to our OB with our rainbow pregnancy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is small enough to keep it intimate and personal, but large enough that they're on the cutting edge of technology such as time lapse. My only complaint is their strong preference for day 2 transfers instead of blast culture.
Their costs are listed on their website. Over the course of 5 years, we spent close to $40,000 between IUI cycles, 2 IVF retrievals, 4 frozen transfers, and 2 donor embryo IVF cycles.
Dr. Dodds strongly advocated for eSET since it does not impact live birth rate, but decreases your risk of multiples.
Treated 2016 - 2017
What we did expect was for him [Dr. Dodds] to do his job as far as explaining our course of treatment, answering any questions we had, and helping us feel comfortable with our journey, and he accomplished all of that. He was very warm and had great bedside manner for both our egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Even my husband said, "I like him. He's a good doctor."... there have also been times where he truly is patient with questions we have and he sits and answers all of them. We never felt rushed or like he didn't have the time for us.
I think The Fertility Center's biggest strength is definitely the staff. From the front desk through checkout, they are friendly and helpful! It is also a very clean and updated facility. I think a weakness would be billing. It's confusing and not always explained well...The 4 main nurses that we saw were Sandy, Amy, Ashley and Shana. They were all amazing! I appreciated so much that they cared about me as a person and not just another patient. Shana did my ultrasounds, Amy and Ashley met with me after each ultrasound to help me understand my next steps and Sandy helped with my egg retrieval.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We were very happy. We understand that it's a busy clinic and he sees many patients so we weren't expecting to feel like we were the only ones there because, let's be honest, that's not realistic. What we did expect was for him to do his job as far as explaining our course of treatment, answering any questions we had, and helping us feel comfortable with our journey, and he accomplished all of that. He was very warm and had great bedside manner for both our egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Even my husband said, "I like him. He's a good doctor." Which my hubby is typically a go with the follow type guy so I was happy to hear that from him! Overall we have been very happy with our treatment from Dr. Dodds so far!
Have questions ready to ask, he is always willing to take the time to answer them and make you feel as comfortable as you can. Also, understand he is human, he is not perfect, but he absolutely cares about his patients.
There have been a couple times where my husband and I have felt that he says something to us that "he probably says to everyone." However, there have also been times where he truly is patient with questions we have and he sits and answers all of them. We never felt rushed or like he didn't have the time for us.
Our process went fairly smooth, but I appreciated that they carefully monitored my Estradiol and Progesterone levels as we were doing our follicle stimulating hormone injections. At one point my dosage was lowered and that made me feel confident that it was being carefully monitored. I am sure that this is a protocol for most clinics, but it was just one more thing that gave me added security going through it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy, Amy, Ashley, Shana )
The 4 main nurses that we saw were Sandy, Amy, Ashley and Shana. They were all amazing! I appreciated so much that they cared about me as a person and not just another patient. Shana did my ultrasounds, Amy and Ashley met with me after each ultrasound to help me understand my next steps and Sandy helped with my egg retrieval. They all went above and beyond making me feel comfortable and confident in my treatment.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think The Fertility Center's biggest strength is definitely the staff. From the front desk through checkout, they are friendly and helpful! It is also a very clean and updated facility. I think a weakness would be billing. It's confusing and not always explained well. Definitely remember to be your own advocate and make sure that your bills are what you were expecting. If not, ask questions!!
Including our initial appt to discuss treatment options, my husbands sperm extraction, my preliminary testing, hysteroscopy surgery, multiple ultrasounds, injections/medications, retrieval, transfer, and embryo storage fees we have probably spent close to $20,000 at this point.
I appreciate that Dr. Dodds allowed us to make most of our decisions. I never felt like we were being questioned or steered in a different direction than what we wanted. He allowed us to make the decision to transfer 2 embryos.
Treated 2015 - 2017
Dr. Dodds is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. Sometimes I feel he is spread thin but when you are meeting with him he is full of honest feedback, compassion, and makes you feel at ease about whatever choices you make... Dr. Dodds discounted our next IVF if we chose to do it.
During our first IUI [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] we had my husband's sperm checked. We did 2 more IUI's not knowing that his morphology and counts were low. We figured they didn't say anything, so it must be fine...We wanted to thaw enough eggs to fertilize three. We got a call saying they had to thaw all 16 of our eggs, and 14 did not survive the freeze/thaw. Two were ICSI and only one fertilized. By day two they transferred that one, but it did not look great...
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Write down questions and don't be afraid to ask for more details if you want more. Don't be afraid to call and ask questions in between visits, or for clarification.
The Kalamazoo office is small and personal. They write your name on the screen when you have ultrasounds. You see the same nurse each time (pending emergency exceptions). The GR office enters you as a number, and you see new nurses and each time (not entirely bad, but just the way it was).
When we first started seeing Dr. Dodds, we had no idea why we weren't conceiving. It had been 4-5 years of unprotected and later timed sex. At my normal OB/GYN we checked my fallopian tubes with dye for any blockages, and my husband had his sperm specimen looked at. All looked good, so he referred us to Dr. Dodds. We started out with getting blood tests to look for causes and mine all came back normal. I started taking oral pills, femara, and timed coitus for two cycles. Third cycle I started injectables (Follistim 75, cycle days 5-11) and created 4 follicles. We had an IUI and used vaginal progesterone. That did not work for us either. During the IUI we elected to have Husband's sperm looked at again. Nearly a month after our failed IUI I called and asked what his results were. We found out his count was low and he had a 1% morphology. I wish they would have told us that sooner. We did 2 more rounds of injectables (follistim 75, and 100) with IUI. We used Ovidrel and progesterone during those two as well. Finally after 8 months of failed pregnancy test we saw Dr. Dodds again and went over our plan. Apparently with Husband's counts and morphology we only had a 3% chance of success doing the past treatments. I wish we would have known that, we probably wouldn't have continued doing IUI's. Dr. suggested we go see a urologist and consider IVF. Husband went to urologist and found out he has varicocele veins in one testicle. We elected to have surgery to help with that and he began taking Clomid to boost his testosterone level. 3-4 months after his surgery and taking Clomid his counts and morphology were up in normal ranges. We tried naturally for 6 months. IVF #1 began with birth control pills, vitamins and giving up coffee. Our insurance covered some of the medicines for IUI but not any for IVF. My stim cycle consisted of 75 Menopur and 75 Follistim. Once my follicles got to a certain size we used Ganirelix to prevent early ovulation. We used hCG and Lupron to trigger. I had 25 eggs retrieved, 19 were mature, we chose to do ICSI to three of them and froze the rest of the eggs. All three fertilized. 1 arrested after day 1, 2 made it to day 2 and were transferred. Progesterone shot up until pregnancy test. Negative Pregnancy test. We decided to try to thaw some of our eggs and fertilize them. We had 16 frozen and they were frozen in vials of 3. A frozen transfer involves Lupron (SQ), progesterone, and estrace. We wanted to thaw enough eggs to fertilize three. We got a call saying they had to thaw all 16 of our eggs, and 14 did not survive the freeze/thaw. Two were ICSI and only one fertilized. By day two they transferred that one, but it did not look great. :( Negative pregnancy test. That brings us to current times. Due to the shocking egg dilemma, Dr. Dodds discounted our next IVF if we chose to do it. There is no way we could afford to do it again at full price. Husband's morphology went from 1% to 6% after his surgery so we chose to do 6 months of Femara and timed coitus. 6 negative pregnancy tests. That brings us to now. We are on IVF #2 where Dr. Dodds decided to try to stimulate me less, creating less, but hopefully better quality eggs. He also encouraged that we fertilized all of them, because fertilized eggs have a better chance of surviving in the freezer than do eggs alone. We started with birth control to regulate me. Then we stimmed with 75 Menopur, 75 Follistim. I used cetrotide to prevent premature ovulation and triggered with Lupron and hCG. At egg retrieval they retrieved 11 eggs. 3 were immature, 1 had a broken zona, and 7 were mature. 7 ICSI, 4 fertilized. We are going to day 5 so will continue to get updates. Tomorrow is day 2. I obviously do not have very high quality eggs, but we hope all four of these lovely fertilized eggs make it to day 5 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie Sokolow)
Before IVF, during my first five cycles of pills, timed coitus, injectables, and IUI's I had two nurses that handled my care. They were both attentive and had different personalities. One was warmer than the other. When I began IVF I was assigned an IVF nurse practitioner, Julie S. She is great. At first she comes off as unemotional or cold, but she is really just focused on your care. By the end she is all hugs and honesty. She never makes you feel stupid if you forget a direction and have to call her back. You will have her direct phone number and she is great at calling you back. She will make sure to contact you and get you directions, and never minds returning phone calls. The only downside is having to go to GR on days that Kalamazoo is not open.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinics strengths are multiple locations. A weakness is that sometimes I feel like I can get lost in all the hussle and bustle. I have had residents training on me instead of a doctor (always with my permission), and sometimes I feel like a direction gets passed and the follow through may have been missed. I hate having to explain what the doctor told me to the nurse or the billing department.
IUI's were about 450$ (sperm isolation and prep, and IUI). Freezing sperm 400$. 8,000-14,000$ for IVF (medications, appointments, bloodwork, egg retrieval, lab work, ICSI, crypo...) 400$ anesthesia.
My doctor's goal is to give you one, healthy, chubby baby. With that said he was not overly pushy with either single or multiple. We discussed my options and came to a fair agreement based on my age, quality of embryos, and past treatments.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
During our first IUI we had my husband's sperm checked. We did 2 more IUI's not knowing that his morphology and counts were low. We figured they didn't say anything, so it must be fine (shame on us, and may have been some wishful thinking). Had we known that result we may have forgone the next two IUI's knowing how unlikely they were to succeed with those numbers.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr.Dodds gave us pretty tragic news, we couldn't conceive on our own(due to me having hydrosalpinx). How he told us changed everything, he was very sympathetic and apologetic. He told us our options, and explained everything thoroughly to us....Dr.Dodds even explained the financial side and how to apply for grants. He didn't leave us in the dark at any time.... I had to go to Grand Rapids and see Dr.Shavell (equally as compassionate and amazing) to have the dye test done.
I honestly feel that the entire staff at the Fertility Center, is amazing. I didn't have a single bad experience, and I feel everyone was rooting for us the entire time. They make a great team....They are on top of everything, very thorough and also very compassionate. Prompt call backs, and great at being abled to work around erratic schedules. I can't think of any "weaknesses" as I had a great experience with the center itself.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I personally wouldn't see myself going anywhere else. It takes a special kind of person to be so caring, when they don't have to be. Even though we couldn't afford to go through with IVF, Dr.Dodds even explained the financial side and how to apply for grants. He didn't leave us in the dark at any time.
Tell your doctor everything. There are all types of reasons why conceiving could not happen right away. It may be something minute.
My husband and I both had our fertility tested. I had to go to Grand Rapids and see Dr.Shavell (equally as compassionate and amazing) to have the dye test done. She explained to me what to expect, and helped coach my breathing through the process. She also explained everything that was going to happen right before it did.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Because I was being tested for fertility, my insurance covered everything. I also had to have reproductive surgery (burned tubes) that was also covered by insurance, my out of pocket was covered. Dr.Dodds explained how to apply for grants to do ivf, both for the Fertility Center and outside of.
Treated 2013 - 2017
Dr. Dodds is always friendly and compassionate. He will not sugar-coat anything and will make sure you understand what will happen. It is clear that he wants you to succeed. He sometimes talks very fast and about clinical/medical things that are over your head, but he is very passionate about what he does....Don't be afraid to ask questions and tell him to slow down if you don't understand something....After 5 failed IUIs (using Clomid or Femara), we chose to go ahead with IVF to increase our chances.
They [The Fert Ctr- Grand Rapids] are one of the cheaper IVF clinics, but this is because they do two-day embryo transfers and very little monitoring. They have a small staff of only 3-4 doctors, so it is sometimes difficult to get on the schedule. They also produce a lot of twin pregnancies as they recommend transferring two embryos....At least once we had to call the nurse line to have them send a prescription that they said they called in.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dodds is always personable and doesn't just talk medical stuff.
After 5 failed IUIs (using Clomid or Femara), we chose to go ahead with IVF to increase our chances. Thebfresh transfer failed. The FET resulted in a blighted ovum. There are no known fertility issues.
They are always friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are one of the cheaper IVF clinics, but this is because they do two-day embryo transfers and very little monitoring. They have a small staff of only 3-4 doctors, so it is sometimes difficult to get on the schedule. They also produce a lot of twin pregnancies as they recommend transferring two embryos.
Over $30,000 so far
They recommend transferring two two-day embryos. They have a high result of twins because of this. We know several couples personally who have twins from this practice who have no known fertility issues (lesbian couples) and are not advanced maternal age. The clinic doesn't normally grown embryos to day five, with the theory that the embryos do better the sooner you transfer them back. These strategies seem to help with cost saving more than actual outcomes.
Treated 2015 - 2016
He [Dr. Dodds] was very real, caring, friendly, relatable. He also explained things the best as far as talking in layman’s terms. He was the only provider I had a comfortable IUI with, and a couple of times he was the only one who could get it right. His only weakness in our case was not providing a thorough enough evaluation or looking at the big picture.... They never ordered a semen analysis on my husband and put us through 5 IUI cycles (after several medication only cycles) with non ideal sperm quantity/quality. We had no idea there was anything wrong with my husbands sperm until we went for our 5th IUI
During the course of our treatment we saw all of the doctors at the clinic [Fertility Center of Michigan] at least once (there are 4) and they were very impersonal. The way the staff and dotors talked to us about our procedures and what they were seeing was like they could have been talking to anyone.... One of my IUI’s was awful because of the nursing staff. The main nurse could not get the catheter into my cervix so she poked it several times trying to get it in. Once I was in tears she got another nurse who did the same.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Of all the doctors in the clinic Dr Dodds was by far my favorite. He has the best bedside manner and personality. He was very real, caring, friendly, relatable. He also explained things the best as far as talking in layman’s terms. He was the only provider I had a comfortable IUI with, and a couple of times he was the only one who could get it right. His only weakness in our case was not providing a thorough enough evaluation or looking at the big picture.
Make them get specific about your individual case and why they are recommending a specific course of treatment for YOU specifically.
During the course of our treatment we saw all of the doctors at the clinic at least once (there are 4) and they were very impersonal. The way the staff and dotors talked to us about our procedures and what they were seeing was like they could have been talking to anyone. My initial consult was very short (with Dr Young) and he didn’t have any additional insight as far as the diagnosis I came in with from my Obgyn (endometriosis, recurrent pregnancy loss). I felt like my course of treatment was “this is what we do for all of our patients with endometriosis and/or recurrent pregnancy loss” rather than tailoring my treatment to my individual needs, considering all factors involved. They never asked for updated health information or changes. I developed hypothyroidism during my time going to the clinic, and that was found by my regular Obgyn at an annual check-up. They never once did a semen analysis on my husband, despite the fact we requested the need for it every time we were there (over a dozen times). When we went for our 5th IUI and were told my husband had no good sperm to inseminate we discovered every sample he had given was bad and we were never told! What a waste of time, money and emotions hoping it would work! What’s worse, all Dr Dodds had to stay at that insemination appointment about it was “maybe you had a virus that caused your sperm count and morphology to be off this month, let’s take a month off and you can come back and try again”. After that we had it and decided to stop seeking treatment there and my husband started seeing a urologist we found. In 2 years I never felt like I had a personalized experience, or that I had a thorough evaluation.
3 cycles of femara with ovadril and timed intercourse, 5 cycles of IUI using femara and ovadril.
One of my IUI’s was awful because of the nursing staff. The main nurse could not get the catheter into my cervix so she poked it several times trying to get it in. Once I was in tears she got another nurse who did the same. After that they got a doctor to come in and do it. I was bleeding and sore from the procedure and had to wear a very uncomfortable sponge (like an enourmous tampon) to prevent the semen from leaking out. After that I requested to not have any more IUI’s with the nurses. They were all very nice nurses, but seemed very “programmed” in there conversations and responses. They were not very personal or overly empathetic- all business.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have several friends who had fine experiences at this clinic- once conceived twins through Ivf! Their experiences were all different from mine. I’m not sure what the reason was for them not thourougly evaluating my case or gathering all the information, but my husband and I were incredibly frustrated with their lack of empathy and communication regarding our individual situation. We decided to pursue ivf at a different clinic because we didn’t trust that they would do a thourough job managing our case and tailoring it to our individual needs. Our insurance does not cover anything for fertility coverage and we opted to spend that money at a place we felt we could trust and feel like true individual patients.
The office took my insurance so I only had to pay $25 for the consults (we had 4 I believe). The follicular ultrasounds were about $20 with my copay. Fertility meds are not covered under my insurance so that was all out of pocket. The IUI’s ended up being around $900 each (meds and monitoring included in that cycle)
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
They never ordered a semen analysis on my husband and put us through 5 IUI cycles (after several medication only cycles) with non ideal sperm quantity/quality. We had no idea there was anything wrong with my husbands sperm until we went for our 5th IUI (on my husbands 30th birthday) and found his sperm sample was so bad they didn’t charge us for the IUI because they didn’t believe it would work. They STILL did not recommend anything other than taking a month off and trying a 6th IUI with hopefully better sperm. We spent thousands of dollars there in a 2 year time period. We absolutely felt like numbers rather than patients. We are now paying completely out of pocket for IVF at another clinic that is across the state from us (4 hour drive away). We wasted money, years of time (egg/sperm quality) and time off work all because they failed to treat the whole patient as an individual.
Treated 2016
Dr Dodds sat down with both my husband and myself and explained everything regarding our infertility in a manner that we both could fully understand. He was very compassionate and understanding. He didn’t make us feel like “another statistic”. His calm demeanor took away as much stress and anxiety that could be taken away. He was all around wonderful.
Everyone at The Fertility Center we’re incredibly compassionate and understanding. They helped to make the experience less nerve wrecking. They were very kind and professional. They explained everything that they did, and why they were doing it. They included my husband and myself in every part of the planning. They also allowed my mother in law to be there for a large majority of treatment.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds was very compassionate and understanding of what myself and my husband were going through. He explained himself thoroughly. He was very kind and calm when he spoke to us. He was very matter of fact, which I appreciate in a doctor.
Write a list of questions down that you may have.
He put me on metformin to help control my hormones, tried a cycle with clomid trying to conceive naturally. And did two cycles with injectables. One, he had us try naturally because my eggs weren’t as mature as he would have liked, and the second we tried IUI. All three cycles ended in a negative pregnancy result. We could not continue to try, because our insurance doesn’t cover treatment.
They were all so incredibly kind. They made the entire experience a little more comfortable.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Our insurance paid for a portion of office visits, but did not pay for treatment or medication. But, the prices were not that terrible.
I do not fully remember, but I do believe he said they suggest no more than two embryos to be transferred.
Treated 2014 - 2016
he [Dr. William Dodds] described our first cycle plan with clomid with the purpose of doing an IUI. There were so many dates, and dosages, and steps to remember...He scratched illegible notes on a daily chart he gave us, and had us follow up with the nurse in a different room. We ended having a million questions for her that she had to go ask Dr Dodds about anyway. After we had a failed IVF, there was an awkward meeting with another Dr in the clinic, where he admitted that they probably didn't give the best medication protocol
It [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is a specialized reproductive endocrinology practice. They don't have mental health support, except in Grand Rapids. I contacted that person (twice) about any options for me not being local and never heard back. They don't assess men thoroughly. They didn't mention that the critical morphology was very low until 2nd IUI. They advised against needing to see urologist, but he did anyway and ended up having varicocele in both testicles. I assume this is because they don't put weight on this as a important factor.I recently got a Fertility case manager through my health insurance. This is when I learned that only doing 3 day transfers is not standard practice. I'm waiting to talk to the clinic about why they have not talked to be about 5 day transfer...
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I described a lot in my last answer already. Of course, it's easier to describe the things that were off putting, than remember all of the good things. So, I'll describe two things that were on the negative side: On the first visit was a little odd that Dr. Dodds spoke a lot about how he used to practice in California and that he treated famous people (with success) and that he was such a geek that he didn't recognize who they were. It would have been funny, but he talked a lot about it. Also on that visit, he described our first cycle plan with clomid with the purpose of doing an IUI. There were so many dates, and dosages, and steps to remember. Also the office in Kalamazoo doesn't offer all of the services, like the actual IUI, so it was hard to remember where we would need to travel to other offices for what, or what days. He scratched illegible notes on a daily chart he gave us, and had us follow up with the nurse in a different room. We ended having a million questions for her that she had to go ask Dr Dodds about anyway. After we had a failed IVF, there was an awkward meeting with another Dr in the clinic, where he admitted that they probably didn't give the best medication protocol, and hinted that they would discuss in their group doctor biweekly meeting if they could help us at all with a future cycle (financially), but this help was mentioned again.
Prepare to have your treatment be really inconvenient if you work. Their Kalamazoo office hours are very limited, as are the services performed there. Their main office is in Grand Rapids. The thing is, there are no other RE offices in the county. I know the question says one piece of advice, but I have another note: especially if your insurance doesn't cover treatment, it can be very pricey. I was surprised though that the charges were less than what I had read on the internet were typical. Dr Dodds said their board of trustees makes sure they hold to something like cost + 10% for all charges.
Dr Dodds has always been friendly and open to myself and my husband. I appreciated when he would say things like "if you were my daughter, this is the advice I would give you." He also did wonders in helping my husband in understanding of all of this infertility madness. He explained the gravity of things, like going in hot tubs, that just was not sinking in when coming from me, or from the articles I had tried to get him to read. I felt like he gave us the right amount of optimism without over promising.
Antagonist protocol for IVF. Recommendation for microdose Lupron flare protocol for next cycle IVF. I recently got a Fertility case manager through my health insurance. This is when I learned that only doing 3 day transfers is not standard practice. I'm waiting to talk to the clinic about why they have not talked to be about 5 day transfer.
There are several nurses that attend to non IVF patients, so I saw about 4 or 5 different nurses. When I became an IVF patients, there are a few dedicated. They were always very nice and compassionate. Sometimes I felt like they were rushed, more so on phone calls than in person. When you call, you always have to leave a message and wait for a call back. I would sometimes be playing 3 or 4 rounds of phone tag. That is really hard when I'm busy at work. I have to note that on the first visit, with my husband, we met with a nurse who was usually in the Grand Rapids office. She was honestly clueless. Every question we asked, such as "where would my husband go with a sperm analysis" meant she had to leave the room and ask the doctor. If I asked, for example which day we would start clomid, she would say "I think it's day 3". I think, or I'm pretty sure are not good enough in this context! I never saw that nurse again and never had wishy washy, uninformed answers from other nurses. Calling and leaving messages is the only option for communication. The exception is during IVF cycle, they have Grand Rapids nurses on call so you can get a call back at any time you have questions. I was really happy to get a quick call back from a nurse to ask dosage questions.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Small regional office, which is a satellite from the main Grand Rapids office. It is a specialized reproductive endocrinology practice. They don't have mental health support, except in Grand Rapids. I contacted that person (twice) about any options for me not being local and never heard back. They don't assess men thoroughly. They didn't mention that the critical morphology was very low until 2nd IUI. They advised against needing to see urologist, but he did anyway and ended up having varicocele in both testicles. I assume this is because they don't put weight on this as a important factor.
HSG was over $1000. Each ultrasound is about $300 (2-3 per cycle). Clomid = $24. Gonal-f was $500. Blood tests are about $250 each cycle. In my first 6 months of treatment it cost approx $2000 total for two cancelled IUI cycles. IUI about 5k each with medications IVF with ICSI close to 20k with medications, monitoring, anesthesia, and blood tests
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
There was a pointing fingers moment when a prescription was not filled when I arrived at the pharmacy. The office said they had, the pharmacy said they had not. Then there was question about the dosage. It was a total pain in the ass. Since I had to start taking the next day, I had to drive 90 minutes out of the way to another pharmacy, since the closer pharmacies did not have it in stock. If they would have received the script when the dr office said they sent it, there would have been plenty of time to order. During IVF cycle there was a medication missed in the order. Also unclear if it was all on the nurse, or the pharmacy. It's just very stressful to have a 24hr window to work it out before it's a catastrophe for the cycle, and to be spending so much time calling in between clinic, pharmacy, etc while at work. Two instances of conflicting info: the first was when they gave Fertility pharmacy a discount code for injectables on my behalf, but it was not applicable since I don't have a co-pay. I could had gotten cheap meds if that had been clear. Lastly, on the mid cycle appointment before my IUI, the nurse said not to inject the ovidril, but then called 5 mins after I left the office to tell me that dr Dodds said to inject. That was fine, since I could get my husband to bring the shot.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. Dodds wanted to make sure we were happy with the treatment path, he gave us options that were more conservative, then let us choose how long we wanted to try each treatment before finally moving on to IVF. He is honest in what he thinks will or won't work, and he's compassionate and there to help in the ultimate goal of baby.
Nurses [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] always answered as many questions as we had, and if you thought of something later they always called back in a timely manner. They were always patient and compassionate. Very knowledgable...The clinic was a typical physician's office, the waiting room is a little more cozy than most (but we aren't going to the waiting room huh). Patient rooms were fine. It is nice to move to a consult room to talk with the staff instead of keeping you in your gown in a room.
Let him know if you do not want all the details, he explained everything very well to us. Take notes if you need to. You can always call the office if you forgot something that was talked about in the appointment. He is confident because he is good at what he does, and he will work hard to find out what is causing your infertility and how best to treat you based on what YOU want (continuing with conservative treatments versus moving up to IVF or the like).
chatted with us in his office, explained things very well when we wanted to know more detail. Communicated with referring provider.
Nurses always answered as many questions as we had, and if you thought of something later they always called back in a timely manner. They were always patient and compassionate. Very knowledgable.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
My very rough guess for one round of IVF + ICSI, including meds, monitoring and egg retrieval was around $15-17k. They were great at working with insurance if anything was covered. We had a small portion of monitoring and meds covered but pretty much all of it was out of pocket.
Grand Rapids
He was a very caring and loving man. He has passion to help create families and fulfill couples dreams. All though our first cycle with the fertility center ended in a miscarriage they helped me get back on track. I am hoping someday we will have our rainbow baby thanks to Dr. Dodds ... He started by increasing my ferma and added Gonal-f and ovidrel along with screen scans.
Very nice facility [at The Fertility Center of Michigan]. You just need to go in open minded and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. It is hard to get someone on the phone but they are very good at responding to calls the same day. ... Some of them are very sweet and compassionate. A few of them make you feel like you are an bother to them and you should know your own answers.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be ready for many ups and downs through the journey.
He definitely cares for his patients and is willing to see you when you have questions.
He started by increasing my ferma and added Gonal-f and ovidrel along with screen scans. The provider I was seeing in the past didn't do any monitoring so this made me feel so much better. He gives you up to 3 cycles before you move on to something else. After 2 rounds of meds and one miscarriage we moved on to IUI. Currently about to go in for another consultation and 2nd iui.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very nice facility. You just need to go in open minded and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. It is hard to get someone on the phone but they are very good at responding to calls the same day.
So far any visits have just been a vote pay. The IUI was paid for out of pocket along with the fertility medication

Treated 2013 - 2019
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Dodds is very kind and compassionate and makes you feel very comfortable while in his care. He has a very positive attitude and explains things very well. Even after all my failed treatments he called me to say he was sorry and see how I was doing which I really appreciated. ... We started with 3 IUIs and when those failed we moved to IVF and transferred 2 fresh embryos.
I never have to wait long for an appointment which I amazing! They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are always running on time. When I call I always get a call back within a timely manner and I am never treated as a burden or annoyance. ... We started with 3 IUIs and when those failed we moved to IVF and transferred 2 fresh embryos. ... IUIs were around $700, IVF around $12,000, and FET around $3,500. ... [monitoring appointments are] Very efficient ...
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Ask a lot of questions and know you are in good hands.
Very kind, warm, and encouraging
We started with 3 IUIs and when those failed we moved to IVF and transferred 2 fresh embryos. When my first IVF failed I spontaneously got pregnant naturally 2 months later and had a normal pregnancy and delivery. After that we tried 2 frozen embryo transfers with different protocols each time to try to achieve pregnancy, but unfortunately the first was unsuccessful and the second was a chemical pregnancy. We then discovered I had some endometriosis and I had surgery for that. We plan to go back to IUI again now that I am recovered from surgery.
Everyone was kind and patient.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I never have to wait long for an appointment which I amazing! They are always running on time. When I call I always get a call back within a timely manner and I am never treated as a burden or annoyance.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very efficient
IUIs were around $700, IVF around $12,000, and FET around $3,500.
No, we transferred 2 each time.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Dodds was understanding and was there for myself and husband if we had any questions along the way. He explained the process and procedures. He is involved his patients and wants each and everyone of them to have a successful full term pregnancy...I would say that patients will like working with Dr. Dodds, he is knowledgeable and wants what is best for his patients...My husband and I did 3 rounds of timed intercourse which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We also did 3 rounds IUI, 2 of which resulted in no pregnancy, the last one did result in a pregnancy, but I had a miscarriage. After the miscarriage my husband and I met with Dr. Dodds to discuss further treatment. At the moment, my husband and I decided we needed a break from the treatments due to the financial cost and emotional toll.
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is warm and inviting, the staff are available to answer any questions that we may have along the way with our treatments. The staff is there to give you space or be there for you if you need to talk to someone...All the nursing staff were helpful and knowledgeable. They were compassionate and understanding of the situation my husband and I are in...we were provided with a list of costs and which ones were covered by our insurance.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds was there for any questions I had about my treatment. He was very helpful and optimistic about my prognosis.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is warm and inviting, the staff are available to answer any questions that we may have along the way with our treatments. The staff is there to give you space or be there for you if you need to talk to someone.
At first consult with Dr. Dodds we were provided with a list of costs and which ones were covered by our insurance.
Didn't have these preformed.
Treated 2015 - 2019
There were many appointments where I’d wait to speak with the doctor [Dr. William Dodds] and then the nurses would dismiss me because they were backed up or too busy. I talked to the nurses all the time and I’d wish I could’ve asked the Doctor more questions regarding my treatments and the results...I saw all of the Doctors there. Dodds seemed to be the most experienced with all of the challenges that arose during my journey. I also saw Dr Thakur and really appreciated the fact that she took her time with me to answer any questions and side effects that I could expect.
Some [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] were very knowledgeable and helpful when I’d have questions and others would contradict themselves when deciding on the course of my treatments...There were multiple times when I’d go in for blood work and the nurses assured me they ordered them in the system. When I’d go to the labs and they weren’t showing them I’d have to call the clinic and or return to a different lab at a later time because of an error on their end
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Do your research and ask a lot of questions.
There were many appointments where I’d wait to speak with the doctor and then the nurses would dismiss me because they were backed up or too busy. I talked to the nurses all the time and I’d wish I could’ve asked the Doctor more questions regarding my treatments and the results.
Some were very knowledgeable and helpful when I’d have questions and others would contradict themselves when deciding on the course of my treatments.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Over all most of the people there were friendly and knowledgeable. I am not impressed either Robin and a few others in the billing department. They gave me the runaround about a few of my claims that were covered by my insurance and they still charged me out of pocket. When I called them multiple times to follow up they were not professional in getting back to me and helping to get the fees reversed.
Unfortunately most of our costs were all out of pocket

Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. William Dodds] is honest and caring, good bedside manner and very intelligent. Although he can be a bit flighty at times with this thought processes, we wouldn't have wanted anyone else there. Sometimes he was too caring than informative and other times he was too informative without much care. Really depended on the day.
The billing department [at Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids] is totally unorganized and a joke; keep all your receipts and don't let any stone go unturned. They demand money immediately well before procedures even happen, makes them come across as money hungry. Front desk staff are cordial, but if you ever have an urgent need, no one wants or knows how to help you and you just get transferred around.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is honest and caring, good bedside manner and very intelligent. Although he can be a bit flighty at times with this thought processes, we wouldn't have wanted anyone else there. Sometimes he was too caring than informative and other times he was too informative without much care. Really depended on the day.
He called after each successful and failed pregnancy test and took time to answer questions
HSG, egg retrieval, embryo transfer and freezing
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin Strouse)
She was always available to assist as needed, and super helpful, but frequently lost our paperwork and was a bit disorganized at times
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The billing department is totally unorganized and a joke; keep all your receipts and don't let any stone go unturned. They demand money immediately well before procedures even happen, makes them come across as money hungry. Front desk staff are cordial, but if you ever have an urgent need, no one wants or knows how to help you and you just get transferred around.
For egg retrieval with a surrogate, it costs around $15,000
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Paperwork is often lost, billing department is totally unorganized. I ran out of meds when they wanted me to keep stimming, and my pharmacy was in the middle of a snow storm. When I called the office freaking out they basically said they don't keep meds on hand and "good luck".
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. Dodds] is very caring, and speaks like he is talking to a friend or family member. Something about His voice is calming and comforting. He also explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and in a way that doesn’t leave us with questions. ... I felt like it was just going through the motions. Although he was very caring and took his time for us, I could tell the center was so busy by the way things moved along
Very clean and comforting, a very safe environment. Strengths were they [Fertility Center of Michigan] explained who to talk to about billing or medical needs, gave us all our resources and where to find them. Weakness is they didn’t provide many other resources-counseling, support etc. ... They were almost more helpful then dr Dodds. They didn’t rush us in the consultations and throughly explained things. Very friendly and informative
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is very caring, and speaks like he is talking to a friend or family member. Something about His voice is calming and comforting. He also explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and in a way that doesn’t leave us with questions.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
We began with testing, and got this down right away, it was such a quick process which I appreciated. We started on meds and US monitoring right away. I was given a calendar to break things down. Each month was basically the same-meds, ultrasound and then IUI. Some times the meds didn’t work so then the dosage was changed for next month
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very clean and comforting, a very safe environment. Strengths were they explained who to talk to about billing or medical needs, gave us all our resources and where to find them. Weakness is they didn’t provide many other resources-counseling, support etc. I know it exists but it wasn’t talked about much
Ultrasounds-$250 IUI-$700 Ovidrel-$100 Genetics testing-$500 We spent about $1400 in 7 months
We talked about it briefly but haven’t talked about it in detail quite yet
Grand Rapids
Dr. Dodd’s was extremely understanding and was very patient driven during our consultation. He gave us a game plan and we got started on everything right away. I am very pleased thus far with Dr Dodds. ... He uses all medical history to make informed decisions and orders any extra tests as needed. He comes up with a plan based on your testing and results and is willing to be as aggressive as you want to be. I feel very supported by him and his team.
Strengths: top of the line resources, a variety of doctors, clean and large facility [The Fertility Center of Michigan], good location, great staff Weakness: their phone hours are only 8-3 so it is difficult to get a hold of them during work hours. They always return calls but you may play phone tag as they do not always answer calls. ... Nurses go in detail of what to do next in your treatment plan and are willing to teach and answer all questions.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr Dodd’s is very knowledgeable. He uses all medical history to make informed decisions and orders any extra tests as needed. He comes up with a plan based on your testing and results and is willing to be as aggressive as you want to be. I feel very supported by him and his team.
Be willing to do any extra testing required so he can get right to the root of the issue.
I am still in the beginnings of this process but so far he has given my husband and I a plan: I got an hsg and mid cycle ultrasound using femara. I did produce a mature follicle and triggered with ovidrel. We are waiting to see results from this first round.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths: top of the line resources, a variety of doctors, clean and large facility, good location, great staff Weakness: their phone hours are only 8-3 so it is difficult to get a hold of them during work hours. They always return calls but you may play phone tag as they do not always answer calls.
Some costs are covered by insurance - since we are just getting started we have not yet incurred all costs. Sperm analysis was 185 with insurance, consultation with insurance was 177.

Treated 2013 - 2016
Occasionally we felt as though Dr. Dodd's had a general statement he said to everyone, didn't feel too individualized. But that doesn't factor into how he provides care....Lupron flare protocol is what worked best for good embryos for me and resulted in pregnancy each time. I also used human growth hormone the second cycle and believe it worked very well for my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve/poor responde
Having two insurances has always been confusing for the billing department here [at The Fertility Center]. I feel like I have to constantly remind them to bill the second insurance. Other times I would get a bill for balance after one insurance company was billed but before the second one could respond for payment or non payment.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We are forever thankful to Dr. Dodd's for his expertise and experience. He is honest and trustworthy in managing care.
Write a list of questions before hand and bring them to appointments with you.
Lupron flare protocol is what worked best for good embryos for me and resulted in pregnancy each time. I also used human growth hormone the second cycle and believe it worked very well for my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve/poor responder.
IVF patients have a separate line for questions and nurses. They all know your cycle and there is only one that is hard to understand/more difficult to communicate with.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Having two insurances has always been confusing for the billing department here. I feel like I have to constantly remind them to bill the second insurance. Other times I would get a bill for balance after one insurance company was billed but before the second one could respond for payment or non payment.
Ultrasounds were scheduled at a hospital closer in location to where I live for my convenience.
Each patient is different for costs as well as procedures needed.
Treated 2018 - 2019
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1 [with Dr.William Dodds]. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur...I am working with him remotely, so I saw him via Skype. He was very informative and supportive to both my husband and I during our initial consultation. He answered all our questions and described our options very well (I'm a nurse so have a good amount of education on the process, but my husband however does not!) The whole team that works with Dr.Dodds has been phenomenal!
[The staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan are] Great Communicators. Very supportive team: Nurses, Doctors, etc. I am working with the team remotely (Living in Traverse City, they have a remote office from their Grand Rapids location.) This has been a lifesaver! I work full time, so going through fertility treatment if I had to commute to Grand Rapids multiple times a week would be near impossible. I have loved working with them, along with the staff at Grand Traverse Womens Clinic!
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur.
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. Dodds] was really personal, kind and was looking out for our best interest...I think he is very good and effective at what he does. He is kind and has a very good outlook. He is very knowledgeable and seemed like he could treat whatever we had. He always seemed hopeful which helped us. When choosing our course of action he made sure that we wouldn’t waste our time.
No procedures actually happen in the kalamazoo office [of The Fertility Center of Michigan]. We saw the doctor for original consults but haven’t seen him again. The nurses were not very compassionate but since this was the only clinic on this side of the state we stayed...I had multiple problems/ lots of pain and every time I talked to the nurses they were very dismissive. They weren’t kind and didn’t really seem to care about my feelings. With failed IUIs and cancelled cycles they weren’t compassionate at all.
Ask questions.
He was really personal, kind and was looking out for our best interest.
I don’t remember exactly. We did IU and was put on 50 mg of clomid. He wanted more than one egg for a better chance of fertilization. Then we would try IUI. If the sperm wash gave a decent number we would try again. If it didn’t we would be done.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
No procedures actually happen in the kalamazoo office. We saw the doctor for original consults but haven’t seen him again. The nurses were not very compassionate but since this was the only clinic on this side of the state we stayed
Kalamazoo
I was previously diagnosed with pcos ... He [Dr. Dodd] was kind and caring but also matter of fact. He is a pro life Christian doctor which I respect also. ... He was kind and genuine. I only met with him once so I can’t say much about him but my husband and I both liked him. ... I hope to see him again in the future for further treatment. ... Doctors don’t know everything and do not have magical powers so be patient.
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are kind and informative, the office is nice and comfortable. Everything was tidy and clean and the recruit area always had the nicest ladies. They had a lurid full of different flavor options and nice furniture to sit on in the waiting room. Little things that make you feel more comfortable. ... [Nursing staff] Very nice kind people ...Cost were quite minimal but we do have insurance that covered some of it
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He was kind and genuine. I only met with him once so I can’t say much about him but my husband and I both liked him. I hope to see him again in the future for further treatment. He is a pro-life Christian doctor that my doctor recommended seeing which I respect a lot. He explained everything matter of fact but was also kind and understanding.
Give it time. Doctors don’t know everything and do not have magical powers so be patient. Everyone is different.
He was kind and caring but also matter of fact. He is a pro life Christian doctor which I respect also.
I was previously diagnosed with pcos and was put on clomid to trigger ovulation and produce good eggs. I responded well to the medication but it didn’t end up working for three months. After that I needed a break, it was very stressful going through that.
Very nice kind people
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are kind and informative, the office is nice and comfortable. Everything was tidy and clean and the recruit area always had the nicest ladies. They had a lurid full of different flavor options and nice furniture to sit on in the waiting room. Little things that make you feel more comfortable.
Cost were quite minimal but we do have insurance that covered some of it
Treated 2015 - 2017
Limited amount of time was spent face to face. If we wanted to schedule a consult there was an extra fee. Majority of communication was with nurses. Only saw Dodds briefly on the day of retrieval. He did not know the plan to freeze all embryos until he read my chart in the room before the retrieval....Dr. Dodds did not remember specifics to my case. Always had to refer to my chart....Birth control for 3 weeks Gonal f and menopur for stims Lupron and Hcg for trigger Fresh cycle was cancelled due to high progesterone, switched to a frozen cycle.
Location is close to our house. Clinic [The Fertility Center] is clean. Usually flexible with scheduling and will return calls promptly. Appreciate free counseling service...[Nurse] Julie is very blunt and not very warm or friendly....Limited amount of time was spent face to face. If we wanted to schedule a consult there was an extra fee. Majority of communication was with nurses. Only saw Dodds briefly on the day of retrieval...$14,000 [cost of treatment]
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Ask all the questions you can when you have the chance.
Birth control for 3 weeks Gonal f and menopur for stims Lupron and Hcg for trigger Fresh cycle was cancelled due to high progesterone, switched to a frozen cycle. We are waiting to hear how many eggs fertilized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie is very blunt and not very warm or friendly.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Location is close to our house. Clinic is clean. Usually flexible with scheduling and will return calls promptly. Appreciate free counseling service.
He waffled between one and two at our first meeting. Then our nurse said he recommended two, never heard the rational behind his decision.
Treated 2017
He [Dr. William Dodd] seemed very experienced and knowledgeable, but my husband thought his personality was a bit odd. Though a bit odd, we still had a lot of trust in his expertise and care while at the Fertility Center.... I don’t recall the name of the IVF protocall, but injections that were used for egg production were Gonal-F and Menopur. We also used Cetrotide as an antagonistic and two different ovulation triggers. For the IUI we used clomid for egg production and ovidrel for trigger. The IUI was not successful, but our first and only IVF was successful.
The Fertility Clinic has the best success rates with fresh transfers of two 2-day embryos so that’s the approach they take. The 2-day embryos were different than a lot of other her clinics, but they said the female body is the best place for the babies to grow so they transfer them earlier than most clinics... They seemed very organized and friendly, but had several issues drawing blood from me. Had several different nurses make multiple unsuccessful blood draw attempts. With very frequent blood draws it was rather taxing on my arms and hands with multiple pokes.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He seemed very experienced and knowledgeable, but my husband thought his personality was a bit odd. Though a bit odd, we still had a lot of trust in his expertise and care while at the Fertility Center.
Treated 2014 - 2016
He [Dr. Dodd] was very kind. Good bedside manners and explained procedures and tests thoroughly. While I knew he was very busy I never felt like he was rushed to see the next patient. He was also very professional and kind given our situation with a gestational carrier, who happened to be a friend...Always very kind. Called me personally after each loss.... Sometimes difficult when calling into the office as our situation included our gestational carrier. Even though we signed releases they still had to speak with her first about everything - including pregnancy results, which was frustrating.
Nurses were fantastic in the office. Sometimes difficult when calling into the office as our situation included our gestational carrier. Even though we signed releases they still had to speak with her first about everything - including pregnancy results, which was frustrating....Friendly staff. Somewhat frustrating with gestational carrier situations as they [The Fert Ctr - Grand Rapids] call carrier first with all results. With pregnancy results it was hard to wait for results until she was notified first....
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He was very kind. Good bedside manners and explained procedures and tests thoroughly. While I knew he was very busy I never felt like he was rushed to see the next patient. He was also very professional and kind given our situation with a gestational carrier, who happened to be a friend.
Have honest expectations of the process. Not everything is an exact science and the doctors do everything in their power to provide you with the best possible outcomes.
Always very kind. Called me personally after each loss.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Friendly staff. Somewhat frustrating with gestational carrier situations as they call carrier first with all results. With pregnancy results it was hard to wait for results until she was notified first.
Roughly 18-20k
Dr Doods and the team only ever encouraged single embryo transfer due to our age and health. I agreed with this advice.