5.2

Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Treated 2013 - 2015
When I was told that our pregnancy didn't survive, that it was an empty sac, the Dr [Dr Dodds] had a student in there and the Dr seemed to be showing off and not very compassionate...We were devastated and he was very non compassionate.
Dr Shively whom performed embryo transfer was very kind as was the nursing staff. Make sure you ask questions...[Nursing Staff was] Very compassionate...[Monitoring Appointments was] Very convenient.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Very non compassionate when finding out pregnancy did not survive. We were devastated and he was very non compassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
None
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
When I was told that our pregnancy didn't survive, that it was an empty sac, the Dr had a student in there and the Dr seemed to be showing off and not very compassionate.
Describe the protocols William Dodds used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
I took injectable medications for ovarian stimulation and had transvaginal ultrasounds every 2 to 3 days to monitor follicles. I then had egg retrieval process that was extremely painful as I was awake the entire time. They were unable to get to my right ovary where most of my eggs were due to it being swollen or in a position behind my uterus. The 6 embryos we had were fertilized but by transfer day (3), only 1 survived and was grade C. The embryo was successful and we were over the moon with excitement. However, our ultrasound appt revealed an empty sac. We were very devastated. I did not miscarry on my own after 4 weeks and required a D and C.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very compassionate
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Compassion as a weakness with Dr Dodds. Dr Shively whom performed embryo transfer was very kind as was the nursing staff. make sure you ask questions
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very convenient
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
IVF total with medication $10k
Grand Rapids

[Dr. William Dodds] Always provides answers and very informative...has been very helpful and understanding during our process. He has been blunt yet sincere at the same time. He always takes his time and makes sure that all our questions have been answered before we leave the office...Femara 3 tabs x 5 days Ovidrel to induce ovulation...I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc)
[Costs at The Fertility Center of Michigan were] $600 per IUI ($1200 total)...$100 ultrasound each month...$100 Ovidrel each month...I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc)...a medication was recommended after 3 failed IUI for my husband to take to help with sperm count, feel like it could have been discussed and recommended after first failed IUI
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds has been very helpful and understanding during our process. He has been blunt yet sincere at the same time. He always takes his time and makes sure that all our questions have been answered before we leave the office.
Ask questions!
Always provides answers and very informative.
Femara 3 tabs x 5 days Ovidrel to induce ovulation.
Very helpful
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc) a medication was recommended after 3 failed IUI for my husband to take to help with sperm count, feel like it could have been discussed and recommended after first failed IUI
$600 per IUI ($1200 total) $100 ultrasound each month $100 Ovidrel each month Office visit

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Dodds and the entire staff [the Fertility Center] is so caring and truly walk beside you during the whole journey...Dr. Dodds was the main doctor in charge of us. We had different doctors for the retrieval and transfer but all the doctors and staff were great to work with. It is not just a job ... it is their passion....They are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood.
They [The Fert Ctr - Grand Rapids are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood. The clinic is very professional and all works together like a very strong team...Sandy and all the nurses were very understanding of all our questions and took the time to really care for us.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be ready for a journey full of ups and downs. Stay connected with your spouse and know that you are in the best medical practice you can be in.
Dr. Dodds and the entire staff is so caring and truly walk beside you during the whole journey.
IVF shots (especially Gonal F) Retrieval Surgery Transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy )
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood. The clinic is very professional and all works together like a very strong team.
Cost for surgery, transfer, meds, dr appointments, ultrasounds, bloodwork
Treated 2016
Dr. Dodds actually sat down to speak with me about all options possible. Only downside to me is, I would like to see more of him when cycles dont work to explain a better solution instead of using his nurses...Most of my cycles consisted of taking Femara cd3-7 then doing Gonal F injections cd7-14 then on cd25 i would take the trigger shot. Never got a positive pregnancy test on any cycle.
Clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is very clean, neat and the staff there is very friendly and well mannered. They get to know each patient to make you feel comfortable. They treat you as a human and not like a number. Theres nothing i would change about this clinic or staff...They talked to me, not at me and answered all my questions.
That Dr. Dodds actually cares about his patients
They talked to me, not at me and answered all my questions.
All his nurses are extremely awesome and have great attitudes.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Clinic is very clean, neat and the staff there is very friendly and well mannered. They get to know each patient to make you feel comfortable. They treat you as a human and not like a number. Theres nothing i would change about this clinic or staff.
Femara - $100/cycle Gonal F - $600/cycle Trigger shot - $200/cycle Blood work and Ultrasounds were covered by insurance (no longer have).
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr Dodd was very kind and open. When I had complications on a weekend, he was right there talking to the doctors at my local hospital and finally had to admit me himself in Grand Rapids. He was very sympathetic. During my procedures, he was patient and comforting. When we finally saw our babies heartbeats, he encouraged us to take a video so we could always have that moment!
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] operated based on my cycle and was very responsive. I had no complaints about the clinic. I did have to drive to Grand Rapids one day for an ultrasound because I needed it on a day that the Kalamazoo branch was closed. ... The nurses were very prompt and informative. They showed compassion through the whole process.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be patient with the process as hard as it is.
Dr. Was very receptive to my individual needs and recalled previous conversations we had had.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic operated based on my cycle and was very responsive. I had no complaints about the clinic. I did have to drive to Grand Rapids one day for an ultrasound because I needed it on a day that the Kalamazoo branch was closed.

Treated 2011 - 2017
Most of the staff is amazing but we had one nurse who was rude and inconsiderate...He [Dr. William Dodds] does very well trying to get you pregnant. He sits at your level and talks to you like a person. He shows he cares and he does his best with what he has in front of him. He let me ask whatever questions is have and allows me to be myself.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He does very well trying to get you pregnant. He sits at your level and talks to you like a person. He shows he cares and he does his best with what he has in front of him. He let me ask whatever questions is have and allows me to be myself.
To come prepared with lots of questions and knowledge
He talked to me at my level and allowed me to ask lots of questions
He started with injections and ultrasounds and then did iris with injections.
Everything has been great
Most everything was covered under my insurance. What isn't covered was iui and ivf
Treated 2014
Dr. Dodds got to know us and our situation. He was optimistic and yet realistic about our chances of conceiving.
He [Dr. Dodds] is so kind and genuinely caring. You can tell he had a passion for helping couples achieve families.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is so kind and genuinely caring. You can tell he had a passion for helping couples achieve families.
Come prepared with questions
Dr Dodds got to know us and our situation. He was optimistic and yet realistic about our chances of conceiving.
Treated 2017 - 2019
When we went for retrieval [with Dr. Dodds] we found we are probably a day too early. A lot of the eggs were not mature. In the end after the eggs were fertilized we had two nice embryos available. We transfer those two eggs while on progesterone oil injections and ended with a chemical pregnancy. Our next IVF cycle we knew I like to surge early,..At this point we went to a microdose of Lupron to help ward off my body wanted to surge on its own, went with a 450 does daily of injections and in the end we had 13 eggs retrieved and 11 of them were mature with eight of them fertilizing .
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] has an office in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo that we utilize...The doctors rotate who is available at the Kalamazoo office and it’s more so used as a hub but any large procedures need to be done in Grand Rapids. All of the offices are friendly and inviting...The nurses do a pretty darn good job overall. I feel there could be a little bit better communication between them at times but overall they do a pretty good job.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We started seeing Dr. Dodds over the last eight months. Dr. Dodds took over a case from one of the other doctors in the same practice. Dr. Dodds has a very good bedside manner. We have gone through multiple IUI’s Trying to achieve a pregnancy well trying to be less stressful. We have gone through IVF years earlier while living in a different area and also achieved a pregnancy on her own. Being that we were able to get pregnant on our own we thought IUI could work. To our dismay it was not the right path and we took full punch back into the IVF world. Dr. Dodds had our best interest at heart the whole time. My husband and I are both in the veterinary medical field and Dr. Dodds was more than willing to explain everything so we would understand. We definitely like knowing the reasons why were doing things. During the hard times he still stood strong and now we have a new game plan.
It is hard to wait... I know how long we have all waited to get to the next step. He does have your best interest at heart... it all will be worth it in the end.
Even during the difficult times he goes above and beyond with calling with his condolences. When we canceled a cycle he said he wouldn’t recommend going any farther with that cycle if it were him and his wife.
When we first started we were unaware that my body like to surge prior to us wanting it to. We didn’t know if my very first IVF cycle well on the table for retrieval I was accused of not taking all of my medications as prescribed. I knew that was not the case, for being in the medical field I knew how important everything was,But was not aware why I lost some of my key players that day. Although during that cycle we had a successful pregnancy without any leftover eggs. So going through with Dr. Dodds I did let them know that I released eggs early we were in aware if it was from the time I receive the trigger shot or other circumstances. My first cycle of Dr. dad’s involved in a mix of Lupron but was not aware why I lost some of my key players that day. Although during that cycle we had a successful pregnancy without any leftover eggs. So going through with Dr. Dodds I did let them know that I released eggs early we were in aware if it was from the time I receive the trigger shot or other circumstances. My first cycle of Dr. dad’s involved in a mix of two injectables and we found I am not super sensitive to medications and I took a larger dose from myself to create more. This cycle when we were very close to a retrieval we found I had my own small lh surge prior to the injection. This is where we change gears we knew my body produce things quickly so we started medications earlier and the thought was my eggs matured faster. During IUI cycles I would normally surge between 11 and 13 days. So we knew I had early ovulation. So with our next IVF cycle we started medications earlier and stronger and when we got close to that area of concern we went for it. When we went for retrieval we found we are probably a day too early. A lot of the eggs were not mature. In the end after the eggs were fertilized we had two nice embryos available. We transfer those two eggs while on progesterone oil injections and ended with a chemical pregnancy. Our next IVF cycle we knew I like to surge early, But now also know the eggs are not mature at that point. At this point we went to a microdose of Lupron to help ward off my body wanted to surge on its own, went with a 450 does daily of injections and in the end we had 13 eggs retrieved and 11 of them were mature with eight of them fertilizing . We transferred two eggs, We were froze the remaining six eggs and this is the first time we’ve ever had freezable eggs and ended with a chemical pregnancy. We currently are planning on going through a mark embryo transfer but instead of doing the transfer taking a sample Biopsy to be sent out to make sure we are at the right timing. If everything works out the plan is to move forward with a June cycle.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic itself has an office in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo that we utilize. I believe they have one in Traverse City area as well for Michigan. We primarily use the Kalamazoo office as were adjacent to it. The doctors rotate who is available at the Kalamazoo office and it’s more so used as a hub but any large procedures need to be done in Grand Rapids. All of the offices are friendly and inviting.
For cost there is a base fee, the base of each service we need it was all a cart.
Describe William Dodds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I don’t have a lot of information regarding single versus multiple, but during our first IVF cycle, we were part of that one versus two embryo transfer study although when we got to the end we were kicked out due to the quality of eggs when we lost the key players ahead of time.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Each time that we went back he [Dr. William Dodds] always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.... Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Each time that we went back he [Dr. William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan] always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.... Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodd’s is everything I expect to see in a doctor. Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Just to trust that he always has your best interest at heart and if a cycle does not work that it is not always his fault, he is doing his best.
Dr. Dodd’s takes the time to sit down in his private office with myself and my husband and intertwines regular conversation with professional conversation. He is very down to earth and made my husband and I feel like we had known him forever and could share our fears and concerns. After 7 years of infertility he took the time to go through the entire history of everything we had been through and to devise a plan going forward. Each time that we went back he always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.
Treated 2016 - 2019
[Protocols with Dr. Dodds were] IUI with Chlomid/trigger shot. Full IVF cycle long protocol. Two frozen transfers with Luperon injections, Progesterone injections & Estrace...Very good doctor...answers all of our questions...He treats every patient, family and treatment plan individually. He makes sure we know step by step the process and what to expect. He checks in on his patients and follows up with them. He ensures that we are on the same page and that we do not leave not knowing. He always reasures us for the best possible outcome, but also makes sure we know the odds and the statistics. He is very personable and very approachable. We never feel rushed and know that our family is in good hands with him and his team.
Great communication [from the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan]...always made sure we understood exact instructions...Great organization. The Clinical staff is awesome. They always have openings & accomidate their patient and family needs. They re-assure you that everything is timed just right so you never have to worry about the weekends or holidays interfering with your plan and process. They very thoroughly explain all of the patient instructions and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Great Reproductive Endocrinologist. Dr. Doods loves his job and his patients. He treats every patient, family and treatment plan individually. He makes sure we know step by step the process and what to expect. He checks in on his patients and follows up with them. He ensures that we are on the same page and that we do not leave not knowing. He always reasures us for the best possible outcome, but also makes sure we know the odds and the statistics. He is very personable and very approachable. We never feel rushed and know that our family is in good hands with him and his team.
Have Faith and hope for the best. Dr. Dodds is amazing and fertility options do work
Very good doctor answers all of our questions
Great communication always made sure we understood exact instructions
None
Treated 2012 - 2018
He [Dr. William Dodds] is very kind and remembered us from before and seemed genuinely interested in our care and results...Caring and knowledgeable also understanding and good humor. He got me a juice box because I was disappointed that there wasn't a recovery time anymore I was disappointed not to get waited on and a juice I was hormonal. And he went out of his way to make me feel better and make a happy memorable experience when I conceived my son
Most of the time they [the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] had a good answer for even silly questions I never felt embarrassed even describing bleeding or discharge they made it all seem normal...Could use more counselors and ways to connect...I think they are kind and professional for the most part should have billing associated meet with new people in person...They want to do two [embryo transfer] but for next time I really want to try 3
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Choice him he is great and he will help you have a family
He is very kind and remembered us from before and seemed genuinely interested in our care and results
We had really high chance of success because male infertility but he suggested urine scratch and that worked
Most of the time they had a good answer for even silly questions I never felt embarrassed even describing bleeding or discharge they made it all seem normal
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Could use more counselors and ways to connect. Also could use some toys in waiting room for toddlers and children. I think they are kind and professional for the most part should have billing associated meet with new people in person
They want to do two but for next time I really want to try 3y remaining embryos
Grand Rapids
From the moment we met Dr. Dodds, he listened to our story, asked questions and supported us. He was very patient with our question.... Initially, we did clomid with scheduled ultrasounds. Then we did that again with Ovidrel shot. Then after that we did both of those things and added in IUI. The next cycle we will be doing more injections.... Dr. Dodds truly cares about his patients and wants to help people with infertility.
The staff [at the Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids] is all very knowledgeable, compassionate and positive. We would suggest that in the beginning everythinginclyding terms, plan and procedures are all new to you so it would be a good idea to have a phone call or visit after initial consult.... All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and listen to you. They never rushed us or didn’t explain things.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds truly cares about his patients and wants to help people with infertility. You see his medical knowledge paired with his genuine concern for his patients. We completely trust him and his advice.
We would suggest to write up a timeline if their own infertility. It will help paint a picture for the doctor and more quickly develop a plan.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The staff is all very knowledgeable, compassionate and positive. We would suggest that in the beginning everythinginclyding terms, plan and procedures are all new to you so it would be a good idea to have a phone call or visit after initial consult.
We have very good health insurance. Typically, we paid our copay For Ovidrel shot it was about $65.00. Injection medications we will start soon with cost around $600.
This does not apply to us.
Treated 2017
Dr. Dodds was always very candid and up front from the beginning. He never had me questioning anything that was happening. We made a firm plan from the get go, and followed through with it. I would definitely recommend anyone to see him. His bedside manner was great. I was very pleased with my interactions with him...He's a great guy who will explain everything you need explained...there was no hesitation transferring two for me.
Everyone [at The Fertility Center of Michigan- Grand Rapids] was very warm and welcoming. I didn't have any issues with any nurse...Dr. Young was the worst. Everyone else was great. Young couldn't even do an IUI on me- he had to have the nurse do it. Dodds was my primary, but I didn't really see him much for any of the actual treatments...Dr. Dodds was always very candid and up front from the beginning. He never had me questioning anything that was happening. We made a firm plan from the get go, and followed through with it. I would definitely recommend anyone to see him. His bedside manner was great. I was very pleased with my interactions with him.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be patient. Not just with Dodds, but the entire process. He's a great guy who will explain everything you need explained.
Dr. Dodds took the time to explain everything and was very thorough and kind
Everyone was very warm and welcoming. I didn't have any issues with any nurse
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I don't remember him having many things to say about it because of my age- But, there was no hesitation transferring two for me.

Treated 2016 - 2019
He [Dr. Dodds] is knowledgeable, patient and calm. He always had our progress and our charts available. Although we didn’t meet with him often, we were glad when he did because he explained things thoroughly and specifically. ... Four IUI’s with clomid Hysteroscopy for uterine polyps IVF: egg retrieval, fresh embryo transfer with injections and trigger shots; progesterone and estridol; frozen embryo transfer
Strengths [of The Fertility Center of Michigan]: knowledgeable, passionate, helpful, direct Weaknesses: communication, detailed, giving feedback I would recommend asking questions when feeling confused or unsure of what is next. We felt like when these office visits are so routine for nurses, we felt like there was broken communication between those in the office. I think what would help is to have the staff be more detailed in their responses and explanations rather than less because it helps patients understand the process and helps answers all the “whys”.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is knowledgeable, patient and calm. He always had our progress and our charts available. Although we didn’t meet with him often, we were glad when he did because he explained things thoroughly and specifically.
Ask questions and for clarification when you don’t understand.
He treated me as if I was his own daughter.
They were well versed in procedures and office visits. Their communication between members of the office could improve as we felt confused at times when seeing different nurses.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths: knowledgeable, passionate, helpful, direct Weaknesses: communication, detailed, giving feedback I would recommend asking questions when feeling confused or unsure of what is next. We felt like when these office visits are so routine for nurses, we felt like there was broken communication between those in the office. I think what would help is to have the staff be more detailed in their responses and explanations rather than less because it helps patients understand the process and helps answers all the “whys”.
4 IUI’s ($500 each) $12,000 for IVF-fresh embryo transfer $5,000 for IVF-frozen embryo transfer
It was completely up to us. He presented us with success rates, risks and benefits.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
We felt like front office staff didn’t communicate well with nurses at times. We know the clinic is busy, but felt confused at times.
Treated 2015 - 2019
Dr Dodd’s is the most compassionate and sweet doctor I’ve ever had. I always felt comfortable and never felt rushed even though I know he is a very busy man. Always explained things in detail and was very empathetic to us when I miscarried with our second transfer. He called to congratulate me when I got pregnant and he was truly excited for us.
The Fertility Center is a Very warm and inviting clinic with kind and happy staff. They Offer coffee and water while waiting. Clean and accommodating, I have NO complaints on the clinic. All staff that I have come in contact with has been great! ... It was suggested to transfer 2 embryos and I was clearly warned of the chances of multiple birth, etc but we both agreed that this would be the best for me.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Make a list of any question you might have because when you’re in a consult, it’s very overwhelming and you will forget to ask things. Dr Dodd’s is great with answering any questions you may have
Dr Dodds was so kind and compassionate and I never felt rushed and he was always more than willing to answer questions and elaborate when we didn’t fully understand something. I even received a phone call congratulating me on my pregnancies and also condolences when I miscarried.
I don’t really remember my protocols
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
All nurses were very kind and knowledgeable. Always there to answer questions when the doctor wasn’t available and if they didn’t know the answer, they asked the doctor for me.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Retrieval and fresh transfer was around $17,000. Frozen transfers were around $5,000 each
Treated 2016 - 2019
[Protocols with Dr. William Dodds were] Clomid and scheduled intercourse - not successful...Clomid and IUI - not successful...Clomid and injectables - successful...has personally called me numerous times to discuss treatment plans. I was also able to contact him through email and he was quick to respond with an in depth, detailed answer. He is really easy to talk to and would talk to me about things other than my treatment plan (because sometimes that gets old and tiring). We would talk about his kids, my interests, his interests, etc.
The employees at the front desk [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are AWESOME. Every time I am there they greet me with a smile and call me by my first name. They are easy to communicate with and have multiple means of communication. Their response time is quick. It's clean. It's professional...For the most part, they [nurses] are so nice. Two nurses told me about their own fertility journeys which made me feel so comfortable and at ease... knowing they had gone through what I was going through. Weakness - I didn't have one primary nurse so at times I felt like they didn't know my treatment plan. Sometimes I needed to tell them what the plan was,
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is awesome. If anyone out there is reading this and wondering if they should pursue care under Dr. Dodds, the answer is YES. I was nervous going into my first consultation. I didn't know what to expect. He put me at ease as soon as he walked into the room. He is friendly and personable. He opened up about himself which made me feel comfortable. He has called me personally numerous times to go over treatment plans. You can tell he truly wants to find what will be successful for you.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something.
Dr. Dodds has personally called me numerous times to discuss treatment plans. I was also able to contact him through email and he was quick to respond with an in depth, detailed answer. He is really easy to talk to and would talk to me about things other than my treatment plan (because sometimes that gets old and tiring). We would talk about his kids, my interests, his interests, etc.
Clomid and scheduled intercourse - not successful Clomid and IUI - not successful Clomid and injectables - successful
Strengths - For the most part, they are so nice. Two nurses told me about their own fertility journeys which made me feel so comfortable and at ease... knowing they had gone through what I was going through. Weakness - I didn't have one primary nurse so at times I felt like they didn't know my treatment plan. Sometimes I needed to tell them what the plan was,
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The employees at the front desk are AWESOME. Every time I am there they greet me with a smile and call me by my first name. They are easy to communicate with and have multiple means of communication. Their response time is quick. It's clean. It's professional.
I do not remember the initial cost of the consultation. An ultrasound and nurse visit ranged from $275-$385. An IUI was $600. The medications were EXPENSIVE but that price depends on insurance so it is different for everyone.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I had a successful pregnancy though The Fertility Center. When we went back to try for baby #2 they told us we would start with the same treatments that we were successful with for baby #1. It took four failed rounds before i/they realized I was not doing what we were successful with for baby #1.

Treated 2016 - 2019
He [Dr. William Dodds] would call me personally to talk about results or procedures...Such a nice Doctor. Completely trust him. He explained everything so well and was kind to us through each of our journeys to get pregnant. I always appreciated his calls to congratulate me on a success or see how I was doing after a failure...After 6 failed IUIs he suggested that we either start stronger injectables or begin IVF. After our first fresh cycle IVF we transferred two embryos and got pregnant with one baby. Most recently we transferred 2 frozen embryos and did not get pregnant. He suggested we thaw 3 the next time and pick the best 2. Which was good because one of the embryos did not make it. After transferring those two good embryos we did get pregnant and it looks to be one baby after the 6 week ultrasound.
They [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] were always there to answer questions if I had them. They explained the medications that I had to take and when I needed to take them...They are very good at their jobs. They are helpful with questions and even provide monthly meetings for new patients to come and learn more about the fertility center. The weakness would just be the costs associated but I know there is not much they can do about that. It would be great if more insurances would cover some costs.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Trust Dr Dodd’s. He knows what he is doing and he is always looking out for your best interests.
He would call me personally to talk about results or procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were always there to answer questions if I had them. They explained the medications that I had to take and when I needed to take them.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
We had to pay out of pocket for everything except ultrasounds and prescriptions. That is the worse part about infertility, the costs are so high
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. William Dodds] is smart and up on all new findings etc. he seems like he cares a lot. He was fast in explaining but did not feel overly rushed The one thing that made me feel awkward was he had a cold and did not wash his hands upon entering room. Not a big deal at all but I do remember that. His staff is very helpful and tries to explain the finances and money aspect. One thing I liked was that did read our prior doctors notes very quickly and thoroughly. He went into detail about our past procedures and I felt good about that
It’s pretty normal clinic [Fertility Center of MI-Kalamazoo]. Small but it has everything. The strength is that you can email and talk over phone about treatment. The weakness is the cost. It’s hard not knowing how much the exact cost will be. They try to give you their best estimate but it is not always accurate.... [the nurses are] Very good. Very organized and on top of things.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is smart and up on all new findings etc. he seems like he cares a lot. He was fast in explaining but did not feel overly rushed The one thing that made me feel awkward was he had a cold and did not wash his hands upon entering room. Not a big deal at all but I do remember that. His staff is very helpful and tries to explain the finances and money aspect. One thing I liked was that did read our prior doctors notes very quickly and thoroughly. He went into detail about our past procedures and I felt good about that
Just try to understand the cost up front. Do research and just relax!!!
I thought he was pretty good. He explained the process and some strategy. I would say lacking a little bit of compassion- as we have had so many negative results with past doctor
He wants to use eggs that are already fertilized and frozen. He also wants to test everything prior to make sure there are no hiccups. I can’t go into too Much detail because I don’t know the terms
Very good. Very organized and on top of things.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It’s pretty normal clinic. Small but it has everything. The strength is that you can email and talk over phone about treatment. The weakness is the cost. It’s hard not knowing how much the exact cost will be. They try to give you their best estimate but it is not always accurate
I think it was expensive but comparable to others
I think it should be a couples choice especially after multiple failures. I don’t know if I would go too high but I think 3 or 4 might be reasonable if couple feels that way after multiple failures
Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr. Dodds is very good at taking the time to make you feel as if you're his only patient. I feel incredibly comfortable voicing concerns (if I have any) and discussing options. He is trustworthy, knowledgeable, and empathetic...we have been doing rounds of menopur + timed intercourse. My body is reacting appropriately this time and we actually became pregnant on the third try; however, I miscarried at 6 weeks. We just began a fourth cycle with menopur + estrace and will do an IUI with progesterone suppositories to follow.
The nursing staff at The Fertility Clinic is very understanding, patient, and compassionate. They are very helpful and knowledgeable, having the ability to answer many of my questions without asking the doctor...Our insurance did not cover our IVF procedure which ran us $9-$10k, I think. Each frozen transfer is around $3k...This is a very busy clinic so at times, it is difficult to schedule appointments with your preferred doctor and wait times can be longer than usual. However, the majority of the time, they are very efficient and well-run. While I prefer to see my doctor, I trust the entire team and will gladly be seen by another partner.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be open and trusting of his process. He knows what he is doing. However, don't be afraid to ask questions and push the boundaries.
Dr. Dodds went out of his way to familiarize himself with our case. He took the time to troubleshoot our situation and even called outside of office hours to talk to us.
We started with menopur + timed intercourse but I kept overstimulating, even with a change in doses, so we moved to IVF. I continued the menopur, did an HCG trigger, and we retrieved 18 eggs. We were able to fertilize 12, transferring two (fresh transfer) and freezing the rest. I started Progesterone in Oil (PIO) injections following the transfer. I became pregnant but miscarried at 9 weeks. After three failed frozen transfers (slightly different protocol each - #1 was identical to the first (prep with estrace, PIO shots after transfer), #2 we incorporated xanax, prednisone, and motrin, #3 we incorporated xanax, prednisone, Motrin, and zithromax), we did an ERA which concluded we were transferring in the wrong window of receptivity. Grew our remaining 5 embryos to blastocysts, transferred two, and I became pregnant. That resulted in the birth of our son. When our son was 12 months, we transferred our remaining blastocyst (one did not make through the thaw). I became pregnant but miscarried again - 6 weeks this time. Since then, we have been doing rounds of menopur + timed intercourse. My body is reacting appropriately this time and we actually became pregnant on the third try; however, I miscarried at 6 weeks. We just began a fourth cycle with menopur + estrace and will do an IUI with progesterone suppositories to follow.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Our insurance did not cover our IVF procedure which ran us $9-$10k, I think. Each frozen transfer is around $3k. My medications and ultrasounds are mostly covered - a $20 copay applies for each office visit. For my Timed Intercourse cycles, my medications are $50 - $100 total, depending on how much I need that cycle. I believe IUI, which we are hoping to do soon, is around $600.
Dr. Dodds did not have a strong preference on 1 vs. 2 but did properly warn us on the risks of multiples.
Grand Rapids
we have found that male factor infertility is a possible issue due to low sperm count. Dr. Dodds is working with us to try to help increase the sperm count with the hope that IVF could be avoided. He has suggested a male hormone treatment to raise testosterone levels which would hopefully raise sperm count...great bedside manner. Very approachable. He takes the time to explain medical terms and procedures...is very personable and we felt very comfortable asking questions. Our first appointment/consultation, felt a little rushed. After a few tests and blood work, we met again to go over the results. This appointment felt slower and we had more time to discuss next steps and treatment. We realize its hard to discuss everything the first meeting so we were not that upset.
The staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] is great about using names...The nursing staff we have interacted with have all been very friendly. We appreciate the use of our names and the approachable personalities...Based on research, we felt the costs were inline with other clinics. They do have finance options and offer info on grants...They are good about returning calls, but it has been hard to get a person on the phone at the time I'm making the calls. (My calls have been scheduling and billing related, not medical.)
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is very personable and we felt very comfortable asking questions. Our first appointment/consultation, felt a little rushed. After a few tests and blood work, we met again to go over the results. This appointment felt slower and we had more time to discuss next steps and treatment. We realize its hard to discuss everything the first meeting so we were not that upset.
There is so much to learn, be ready to listen. Do some research before had, it will make the first few visits go more smoothly. Having some knowledge about infertility and treatments will help in asking questions that directly relate to your situation. Don't go alone, having a spouse/family member/friend will help during the down times to discuss all the info being shared with you.
The staff is great about using names. Dr. Dodds have a great bedside manner. Very approachable. He takes the time to explain medical terms and procedures.
We are still in the diagnostic stage of our infertility treatment. However, we have found that male factor infertility is a possible issue due to low sperm count. Dr. Dodds is working with us to try to help increase the sperm count with the hope that IVF could be avoided. He has suggested a male hormone treatment to raise testosterone levels which would hopefully raise sperm count.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The office itself is a welcoming and calming environment. They make every effort to protect your privacy. They offer a lot of info and don't leave anything on the table. You feel welcome to ask any questions. The biggest issue I have, is when calling by phone there are way too many prompts. I understand it is how the world runs, but there are so many prompts that sometimes I'm not sure if I'm getting to the right person/department. Whenever I have called, I always end up with a voicemail. They are good about returning calls, but it has been hard to get a person on the phone at the time I'm making the calls. (My calls have been scheduling and billing related, not medical.)
Based on research, we felt the costs were inline with other clinics. They do have finance options and offer info on grants. Overall, its just expensive treatment to pursue.
Treated 2017 - 2019
I think Dr. Dodds is exceptional and he wants all of his patients to succeed. What I like best is even though I am under his primary care, all of the doctors have great communication and I am able to feel comfortable with any of them.... Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.
The main clinic [Fertility Ctr of MI] is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly... Every nurse I have encountered has shown great empathy and compassion and some can relate to the journey which is comforting.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Do your research, ask questions until you feel comfortable. If you are walking in with no prior knowledge regarding infertility, like I did, I felt very lost and confused but he is willing to explain things in a way for you to understand until you feel comfortable.
From the time we had our first consult we felt that Dr.Dodds genuinely wanted to help us succeed and every visit since we leave with that same feeling.
We took our time trying these out slowly. We started with timed intercourse with clomid and gonal f then moved to iui’s with gonal f, eventually moving to IVF which is where we discovered my egg quality was poor. We retrieved 3 times and I really appreciated that each time the doctors discussed my case and tried different approaches, however in the end my eggs are just too poor and we are moving on to donor eggs.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The main clinic is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly (when I found out I miscarried).
Though we have not had any transfers yet, Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Dr. Dodds]is very knowledgeable about the latest research, is kind with good and bad news, is honest and goes out of the way to make a patient feel heard and clarified anything that you ask...never made me feel as though my fertility and dream of a family was a lost cause. I knew my age was a factor and he always found a way to help me through the emotions... he said that my diminished ovarian reserve needed more of “the Cadillac treatment” the best medicine. Iui’s- two were successful but resulted in early miscarriages. Dr. Dodd’s reviewed the plan each time and is continuing to support me on my journey with the latest research
The nurses [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are fabulous!! They are great in handling not only the physical aspects of infertility, but also the emotional ones. They remind you to be gentle with yourself and were always my biggest cheerleaders!...Iui’s were not covered and totaled $600...The clinic has multiple locations, but most of the bigger procedures take place in Grand Rapids. The clinic is clean, inviting, and the staff is always friendly. It would be nice if the hours at the clinics were more conducive to work schedules with later appointments. With that being said, the schedulers always did their best to find an appointment that supported times I had available so that I did not have to take a lot of time off of work.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Doctor Dodd is very knowledgeable about the latest research, is kind with good and bad news, is honest and goes out of the way to make a patient feel heard and clarified anything that you ask. Dr. Dodd never made me feel as though my fertility and dream of a family was a lost cause. I knew my age was a factor and he always found a way to help me through the emotions.
He is honest and will do his best to even be honest and supportive when the news isn’t always positive. Ask questions! He appreciates it and will do his best to answer to the fullest
Doctor Dodd personally called me when I had concerns and worries about my plan. He is very kind and gentle during this tumultuous journey
Injections- he said that my diminished ovarian reserve needed more of “the Cadillac treatment” the best medicine. Iui’s- two were successful but resulted in early miscarriages. Dr. Dodd’s reviewed the plan each time and is continuing to support me on my journey with the latest research
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
The nurses are fabulous!! They are great in handling not only the physical aspects of infertility, but also the emotional ones. They remind you to be gentle with yourself and were always my biggest cheerleaders!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
My insurance covered most of the meds- I paid $40 for each med order. Iui’s were not covered and totaled $600
Treated 2015 - 2019
Dr Dodds shows compassion and care while working with me as a patient. Paying close attention to how sensitive this is for anyone going thru infertility treatments. He truly shows care and is an amazing doctor....While meeting with Dr. Dodds he goes over everything with you slowly and carefully to be sure that you understand. He shows care and compassion during your visit and knows how sensitive it is for anyone going thru infertility treatments.
When you call to make an appointment [at the Fertility Center of Michigan] you can generally get in right away. Once you are a patient and going thru treatments making future appointments is easy and you can get in right away. If you call and leave a voicemail for their nursing staff with a question, they get back to you immediately.... The nurses also show care and compassion to myself and other patients taking into consideration how sensitive and private infertility treatments are.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
If you are struggling with infertility see Dr. Dodds. He will be with you every step of the way.
We did 3 timed intercourse cycles. First and second cycles were with clomid and Ovidrel. Third cycle was a hybrid where I was on clomid, did the gonal-f and there was no success. So they stair stepped it with femara and it was successful with follicle growth. Gave and Ovidrel shot with progesterone.
The nurses also show care and compassion to myself and other patients taking into consideration how sensitive and private infertility treatments are. They are also gentle while doing ultrasounds and make you feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
When you call to make an appointment you can generally get in right away. Once you are a patient and going thru treatments making future appointments is easy and you can get in right away. If you call and leave a voicemail for their nursing staff with a question, they get back to you immediately.
Depending on your type of insurance, an ultrasound would cost $45, a 5 day dose of Gonal-F would cost $750. Clomid $10. Ovidreal $75
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. Dodds] is super helpful in guiding you through this process. It's hard to get the diagnoses, but he will help you in any way needed. ... He was very helpful in walking through each necessary steps needed. When he said IVF was our next option, he didn't force us right away to make the decision. We decided to wait a year due to cost. He was very kind and felt like he really cared about me and my husband.
The front office [The Fertility Center of Michigan] receptionist was amazing. Very kind and thoughtful. More signage on where to go when you leave the consulting rooms would be helpful. I got turned around a few times. ... The waiting room is great. I love the fish tank. Watching the fish made me less tense for appointments. ... Many of them were so kind and helpful. There was one nurse that was not helpful and seemed mean, but I only saw her once.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is super helpful in guiding you through this process. It's hard to get the diagnoses, but he will help you in any way needed.
He wanted to get to know you as a person, not as numbers on a form.
We started with a round of Clomid. After a negative pregnancy test and horrible dreams, he decided to change to Femara with a trigger shot. After a round of Femara, he suggested trying an IUI. My husband and I chose to do two rounds of IUI's with Femara and a trigger shot. After those didn't work, Dodds suggested using Femara along with Gonal-F and a trigger shot. After two rounds of that and negative pregnancy test, he said our next option was IVF. My husband and I have held off on IVF for a year due to funding. We hope to start this spring.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The waiting room is great. I love the fish tank. Watching the fish made me less tense for appointments. The front office receptionist was amazing. Very kind and thoughtful. More signage on where to go when you leave the consulting rooms would be helpful. I got turned around a few times.
IUI's went up twice while I was there, which wasn't very helpful. They started at $500 and then went up to $600. I'm unsure if they are still that expensive. Many of my medication and visits, were subsidized through insurance. I think each cycle was around $1500.
I have not gone through IVF yet, but as a potential geriatric mom I would prefer multiple embryo transfers.
Treated 2014 - 2018
Dr Dodds is an excellent physician. He is relatable and has been so instrumental in helping us grow our family. He is kind and patient and takes the time necessary to make sure we understood what was happening. After each of our IVF/Frozen embryo cycles, he called us personally to go over the results (3 positives and one negative)... He gave advice with statements like "if you were my daughter...."
I like how they have multiple locations. This is even better now that they have computerized charting and don't have to send your chart all over the place. The staff is friendly and it is fairly easy to get ahold of who you need to when you call (nurse, billing, scheduling, etc)... Overall, I was very impressed with the nursing staff... I do not remember for sure, but I think my fresh IVF with meds, labs, etc cost about 8K and my frozen transfers with labs, meds, etc we're around 5K
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is a smart man. His plan worked to grow our family and I hope it will work for you too.
He gave advice with statements like "if you were my daughter...."
I did three rounds of injections for timed intercourse. These were not successful as I either did not produce large enough follicles or I produced too many follicles. We then moved on to IVF. I produced many many eggs. I think between 25 and 40 eggs were retrieved. Per our request, only 6 we're fertilized through ICSI, 12 were frozen, and the rest we're not high quality enough to use. I had a fresh transfer of 2 embryos and the other 4 were frozen through cryopreservation. I because pregnant with twins through the fresh transfer, but lost them at 22 weeks gestation to an incompetent cervix. I got pregnant through frozen embryo transfer of 1 embryo with 2 year old son. Then I did not become pregnant with a second frozen embryo transfer of one embryo. Then I became pregnant with our third frozen embryo transfer of one embryo with my 5 month old daughter. In about a year, we plan to go back for our sixth and final embryo. We most likely will not need to use my frozen eggs as we've had so much success with our embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie Sokolow )
Julie Sokolow was a bit quirky and the primary for my fresh IVF cycle. Some of the things she said to me it was obvious that she had said them a million times before.... rattling off lists etc. It was hard to keep up with as it was my first time hearing that information. I worked with a different Julie for my frozen transfers and she seemed much more kind and understanding. Also, it was easier for me to understand what was going on with her. Maybe because she was better at explaining and maybe because it was not my first time going through everything. Overall, I was very impressed with the nursing staff
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Dr. Dodds said for my age and the health of my embryos he would be willing to transfer 1 or 2. We agreed with him and his logic.