5.2

Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Dodds is a fantastic human and doctor. He is caring and gentle, yet professional and determined. He always treated us with respect. We always felt comfortable and well taken care of. Dr. Dodds and my husband got along very well wehich put my husband at ease with every step of our journey.... Due to my age (36), Dr. Dodds was comfortable transferring up to 2 embryos. We only retrieved 2 and both fertilized, so as a team, we decided to transfer both,
Overall the clinic [Fertility Center of Michigan] is very professional yet personal. It's a positive, caring place to be. We were impressed with all doctors, nurses, and staff. We were thankful for privacy, personalization of treatments/plans, and everyone working together to help us build our family.... IUIs cost $500. IVF monitoring, retrieval, fertilization, and transfer cost approx 7k-10k total. Medication was additional but thankfully my insurance covered the cost of medication.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is a fantastic human and doctor. He is caring and gentle, yet professional and determined. He always treated us with respect. We always felt comfortable and well taken care of. Dr. Dodds and my husband got along very well wehich put my husband at ease with every step of our journey. We both trust Dr. Dodds completely.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Get ready for take off! Once a plan is in place Dr. Dodds, makes things happen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is carrying & kind, yet straightforward & determined to make families happen. He is efficient. He is professional. He is humorous and very easy to get along with. He cares about us as people and future parents!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
All of the nurses were worked with were professional and kind. They were compassionate and took time with us. They answered all of our questions and always made us feel supported.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Overall the clinic is very professional yet personal. It's a positive, caring place to be. We were impressed with all doctors, nurses, and staff. We were thankful for privacy, personalization of treatments/plans, and everyone working together to help us build our family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Describe William Dodds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Due to my age (36), Dr. Dodds was comfortable transferring up to 2 embryos. We only retrieved 2 and both fertilized, so as a team, we decided to transfer both, which resulted in b/g twins! Dr. Dodds was very clear about the possibilities of twins+ in transferring 2 embryos. We're thankful we did!
Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Dodd's is amazingly compassionate! He wil explain everything that is happening in a way everyone can understand, and walk you through the whole process. He makes sure you are comfortable every step of the way....Dr. Dodd's explained the pros and cons of transferring one embryo as opposed to 2, but after speaking to him and my husband, the 3 of us decided what was best in our situation.
There are multiple doctor's, which gives you a choice for who you see. They [Fertility Center of Michigan] also provide a wide array of services and are incredibly knowledgeable. I also like that there are several offices, other than just Grand Rapids, where monitoring can be done. They are helpful when it comes to questions and concerns and I always feel like I mean something to the doctors and staff.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr.Dodd's is a brilliant doctor with compassion and excellent bedside manner. While I understand the science involved in IVF, as a Christian woman, it was important for me to hold on to my faith as well as believe in everything the team was doing. After my transfers, Dr.Dodd's would always let me know he was praying for us! That meant so much to me!
Ask as many questions as you want...he is very patient and happy to answer anything for you.
Describe the protocols William Dodds used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
After injections and egg retrieval, we planned a fresh transfer of 2 embryos. 2 we're used due to my age and infertility factors on both sides(male and female). The fresh transfer did not work. In the meantime we had frozen the remaining embryos. Next we did a frozen transfer of 2, due to the thawing process and again, the reasons for infertility. That transfer worked and the result was fraternal twin girls.
I can't remember a nurse from the team that I didn't like! They were well trained, compassionate, and helpful through everything. I could call at anytime and get prompt responses.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
There are multiple doctor's, which gives you a choice for who you see. They also provide a wide array of services and are incredibly knowledgeable. I also like that there are several offices, other than just Grand Rapids, where monitoring can be done. They are helpful when it comes to questions and concerns and I always feel like I mean something to the doctors and staff.
My insurance provided coverage for appointments but no coverage for egg retrieval, transfers, or meds. Care credit is available to patients if they have credit for it.
Treated 2012 - 2016
Dr. Dodds does a wonderful job of explaining things. However, I have a background in the medical field so I easily understood what he was saying. My husband left a couple appointments asking me to clarify. I'm confident Dr. Dodds would have been happy to explain in more detail had we asked him...when I called a few days after my embryo transfer complaining of abdominal pain, he immediately worked me into his schedule and found I had OHSS and drained it all right then.
I felt overall the nursing staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] did very well. I did feel a little blindsided at my first IUI monitoring appointment as no one had told me what the ultrasound would entail. Also, every time an appointment ended no one told me where to go - consultant room, checkout, or if I was even done...Overall, I love the clinic. My husband commented that he preferred there be a more discreet way of dropping off samples as you just walk you to the front desk and hand them to them, but at the same time most everyone is there for the same reason.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
From the very beginning, I felt comfortable with Dr. Dodds. I felt he took the time to listen to our concerns and explain each process in detail. He was always available to talk to us and adjust treatment when I had side effects to medication and I truly felt like he was there to help us.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Dodds does a wonderful job of explaining things. However, I have a background in the medical field so I easily understood what he was saying. My husband left a couple appointments asking me to clarify. I'm confident Dr. Dodds would have been happy to explain in more detail had we asked him
After three failed IUIs, Dr. Dodds took the time to sit down with us and go over all of our options. He told us that generally they'd do a fourth IUI before moving on to anything more invasive. But, he said he could tell by sitting with us and after talking with us at these appointments that I wasn't up for another IUI. He said if I were his daughter, he'd tell me to move ahead with IVF. I felt like he was willing to look at me as a person not just a statistic or number. He knew where we were at mentally, emotionally, and financially and took all of that into account when making his recommendation.
It's been a few years so I don't remember everything. I know our first IUI was using clomid, the second on Femara (which I hated because of the side effects) so he switched me back to Clomid for the third IUI. I don't recall the names and dosages of the meds used for our IVF. I do recall feeling very comfortable that he was frequently monitoring me during the entire process. And when I called a few days after my embryo transfer complaining of abdominal pain, he immediately worked me into his schedule and found I had OHSS and drained it all right then. My egg retrieval went very well. They retrieved 13 eggs, 1 was old, 2 were immature, and they attempted to fertilize the remaining 10 using ICSI due to Male factor infertility. All 10 eggs successfully fertilized and survived to the three day mark. We transferred two embryos and froze the remaining 8. All the embryos were perfect quality at the time of freezing (except 1 that was near perfect). I actually asked if we could transfer 3 embryos and Dr. Dodds told me that wouldn't be safe as it would put our chances of high order multiples (3+ babies) at too high a percentage and more babies = higher risk pregnancy. I was just thinking it'd increase our chances of any baby but I appreciated and respected his response. That he wanted me and any babies I had to have the best chance possible.
I felt overall the nursing staff did very well. I did feel a little blindsided at my first IUI monitoring appointment as no one had told me what the ultrasound would entail. Also, every time an appointment ended no one told me where to go - consultant room, checkout, or if I was even done.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I believe by the time we paid for 3 IUIs and the IVF, all the ultrasounds, and medications, it was around $18,000. Plus we still pay $400/year for embryo storage.
I mentioned it before, but I'd asked at the time of my transfer if we could do three embryos, thinking that'd increase our chances of having a baby. Dr. Dodds very kindly explained that would be too high risk as it would put the possibility of high order multiples (3+) at over 5% which would be way too high. He also said he understood my request, but more babies = higher risk pregnancy for both mom and babies and he wanted us all to be healthy.
Grand Rapids
I’ve had poor experiences with other doctors/offices throughout this 8+ year journey and when you find a doctor that listens and gives you as much time as you need...it helps make a terrible situation just a little bit easier. ... Dr. Dodds was very straightforward and honest with me which I appreciate. I didn’t want unrealistic expectations and he provided me with an accurate outline of what to expect. He has been patient and compassionate. I’ve never doubted the quality of care he was providing.
I have visited two of their offices [The Fertility Center of Michigan]. Both offices have excellent staff that respects your privacy and time. I have always gotten in to my appointments at my scheduled time if not early. I really can’t find a weakness. It has all around been a good experience. ... Libby is very attentive and kind. She has spent extra time making sure we completely understand our treatment course and upcoming appointments and tests.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Don’t be afraid to ask a million questions even if you’re afraid they might sound silly.
At our initial consult there was no rush. Dr Dodds listened, which might not sound like a lot, but my story and experience isn’t a quick one to tell. I’ve had poor experiences with other doctors/offices throughout this 8+ year journey and when you find a doctor that listens and gives you as much time as you need...it helps make a terrible situation just a little bit easier.
Still currently in treatment. Retrieval anticipated in 8 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Libby)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I have visited two of their offices. Both offices have excellent staff that respects your privacy and time. I have always gotten in to my appointments at my scheduled time if not early. I really can’t find a weakness. It has all around been a good experience.
The medication was close to $10,000 but that came from an outside pharmacy. The procedure itself was around $9400
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Dodds is amazing. He always takes his time, looks you in the eyes, and treats you like a person. ... Dr. Dodds was so very empathetic and understanding of how stressful and unexpected it all was. He went over everything thoroughly and made sure I didn’t have any questions. He was unable to do my retrieval but he went through the trouble to call me that evening after the procedure.
All of the staff at The Fertility Center are downright amazing. Every person that I interacted with treated me as a person, with compassion and empathy. Everyone went out of their way to help however they could. I have trouble getting my blood drawn and typically need to lay down so I don’t have a panic attack. Everyday, my nurse would let me lay down on the bed and bring the supplies to me.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds was amazing from our initial consultation to every visit in between. We found that we had to do IVF 6 weeks before my wedding, as I had a large ovarian tumor that needed to be removed. Dr. Dodds was so very empathetic and understanding of how stressful and unexpected it all was. He went over everything thoroughly and made sure I didn’t have any questions. He was unable to do my retrieval but he went through the trouble to call me that evening after the procedure.
I would tell prospective patients to be honest with Dr. Dodds about your hopes. Dr. Dodds is so understanding and wants to help you achieve your goals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Everything with TFC was amazing. I can truly only think of positives. They have a wonderful waiting area for before appointments or for your loved ones. Every member of the staff is extremely competent and knowledgeable.
While I don’t remember cost exactly, Dr. Dodds & TFC are extremely reasonable in terms of Fertility cost.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr Dodd always answered all my questions that my husband or I may have had. He was good about making sure he would tell us in a way we would understand everything outside of medical terminology. He didn’t wait around and make me go through anymore IUIs or testing after I had seen over providers ... I have tried a lot. I have done clomid with out observation and with ovulation observations/IUI. I have don’t 2 rounds of IVF only one egg retrieval. My meds where gonal f, Menopur, certotide, progesterone. I had 3 shots I did a day. When I had my retrieval I ended up getting 11 good eggs
When I would go to check in the reception always knew my name. My nurse always had empathy and they all cared about my feelings and made sure I understood every step of the process ... You will have to go to Grand Rapids [The Fertility Center of Michigan] for some care of you are seen in Kalamazoo. Everyone is very nice in both offices. The Kalamazoo office does have short office hours but if you have to be seen the Grand Rapids office will get you in. ... She always called me back, answered all my questions completely and made sure I understood. When my first IVF round didn’t work she was very compassionate
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He cares about his patients, he will listen to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
You will have to go to Grand Rapids for some care of you are seen in Kalamazoo. Everyone is very nice in both offices. The Kalamazoo office does have short office hours but if you have to be seen the Grand Rapids office will get you in.
Around $14,000 that’s was over 2 years. 2 IUIs, I egg retrieval and 2 IVF cycles
Kalamazoo
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Dodds always went above and beyond. He called me later in the day after surgery and the next day to make sure I was doing okay. After an IUI he would sit in the room and tell stories to help pass the 20 minute time that you had to wait to get up. He always went the extra step to make you feel important...used clomid, femara, gonal-f, and ovidrel in my treatment as well as IUI. I also had a laparoscopy to clear out endometriosis. After the laparoscopy I was able to get pregnant with a round of femara, gonal-f, ovidrel, and IUI.
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] is a very welcoming environment. You definitely feel like everyone there cares about you and helping you to have a baby. It is nice to be in a place where everyone is experiencing struggles just like you...The nursing staff is so helpful and understanding! They are willing to discuss any concern you have and always want to make sure you completely understand or are rid of your worry before ending an appointment or phone call.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is helpful, caring, understanding, compassionate, sympathetic, and anything else you could want in a doctor. Infertility is not a fun journey, but he provides hope and makes the experience the best it can be.
If you are having any issues with infertility, do not hesitate to see him!
Dr. Dodds used clomid, femara, gonal-f, and ovidrel in my treatment as well as IUI. I also had a laparoscopy to clear out endometriosis. After the laparoscopy I was able to get pregnant with a round of femara, gonal-f, ovidrel, and IUI.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It is a very welcoming environment. You definitely feel like everyone there cares about you and helping you to have a baby. It is nice to be in a place where everyone is experiencing struggles just like you.
When I was receiving IUIs I know the procedure itself was $500. I do believe the cost has gone up since then.
Treated 2006 - 2013
Dr. Dodds is a great doctor and takes the time to explain to you what is happening. He will call you on the phone personally to give you results.... Lupron didn’t work with my body so it was taken out of my protocol. Also my eggs didn’t mature as fast as they should so I was my retevival was held off so I had more viable eggs. Dr. Dodds comes up with a treatment plan that works for you.
They [Fertility Center of Michigan] have everything inline and are very organized. There was no guessing of what to do! I was always very comfortable with calling or going to this clinic! The whole staff is compassionate and are willing to help.... The whole nursing staff was caring and very helpful!... $5400 for ivf not including meds.... Dr. Dodds is a great doctor and takes the time to explain to you what is happening.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is a very compassionate and caring doctor. He cares about his patients and does not sugar coat anything. He has been instrumental in bringing thousands of babies into this world that would not happen otherwise. I will always be grateful to him for giving me my family. I have also recommended friends and family to him.
Ask as many questions as you can and make sure you write things down. Dr. Dodds is a great doctor and trust him!
Lupron didn’t work with my body so it was taken out of my protocol. Also my eggs didn’t mature as fast as they should so I was my retevival was held off so I had more viable eggs. Dr. Dodds comes up with a treatment plan that works for you. Also I live three and a half hours away from the clinic so I was able to do my blood tests and ultrasounds locally.
The whole nursing staff was caring and very helpful!
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They have everything inline and are very organized. There was no guessing of what to do! I was always very comfortable with calling or going to this clinic! The whole staff is compassionate and are willing to help.
$5400 for ivf not including meds.
I don’t know.
Treated 2017 - 2019
There was no preferred [number for] embryo transfer [by Dr. William Dodds]. We lost one during thaw so we had to thaw more and was told they most likely wouldn’t make it through so we transferred 2...He was super understanding and explained every issue as it became known. I always looked forward to seeing him and working with him. He wasn’t able to do it all which I understand. He worked with us on payments and helped us even when things were frustrating, new and confusing.
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is very busy so you must have a very flexible schedule to fit into appointments when needed...Everyone seemed super helpful...We did a multi cycle retrieval due to low egg quality. Lots of high and aggressive dosage...Julie [nurse] and i didn’t get along well. Sometimes I would feel overwhelmed and frustrated and she didn’t seem to care. Other nurses I encountered were amazing.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Just be patient even when you are overwhelmed. You will get through it
Everyone seemed super helpful and he was very patient
We did a multi cycle retrieval due to low egg quality. Lots of high and aggressive dosage. Folistim, progesterone-Im gave me knots, progesterone vaginally and other injections that I can’t remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie and i didn’t get along well. Sometimes I would feel overwhelmed and frustrated and she didn’t seem to care. Other nurses I encountered were amazing.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The costs really add up and learning which medications to take when is a lot to someone so new to ivf. The clinic is very busy so you must have a very flexible schedule to fit into appointments when needed.
There was no preferred embryo transfer. We lost one during thaw so we had to thaw more and was told they most likely wouldn’t make it through so we transferred 2
Treated 2015 - 2019
Though because of my pcos diagnosis we knew ivf was likely the route we’d have to go Dr Dodd’s was thorough and made sure to check over me and my husband as well. Rather than assume my husband was fine due to a child from a prior relationship he had my husband tested and we found his count to be very low. I am glad this was tested early.... He never feels rushed or bothered by my questions
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] know what they are doing because this is all they do. This requires questions as needed. But they are very helpful. The phone he’s could be better for non-ivf patients. While they have satellite offices IVF is only done at the Grand Rapids location... A prescription and procedure was ordered but we were not ready to move forward with ivf yet.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I like how experienced he is. The down side of that is that while HE knows what he’s talking about and the plan the patient can be left with a lot of questions- but he is always willing to answer them :)
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. It’s a daunting process but he seems to understand.
He never feels rushed or bothered by my questions
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They know what they are doing because this is all they do. This requires questions as needed. But they are very helpful. The phone he’s could be better for non-ivf patients. While they have satellite offices IVF is only done at the Grand Rapids location
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Treated 2017 - 2018
We ran intona couple roadblocks on our way to the IUI, and Dr. Dodds called us personally to make sure we felt supported as we navigated the roadblock. He spoke to us in a friendly manner, and we really felt he was trying to connect with us. ... He talked us through the procedure and the process of picking a donor. He was open to us using a donor known to us but explained the difficulties of that route in plain terms. His advice helped us decide what route to take. He empathized with us when we had a setback, and he always made us feel comfortable
A comfortable setting, nice staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan], they're wonderful at keeping things private, everyone seems to be rooting for you and for success in your procedures. The doctors work well with communicating with each other if something is not their specialty, just wonderful people! ... The costs were what we expected, and were explained to us in detail. ...
Trust him!
Femara and an injection prior to the IUI. It was recommended because it increased the chances of success, and it worked for us!
They were empathetic and kind and not judgemental
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
A comfortable setting, nice staff, they're wonderful at keeping things private, everyone seems to be rooting for you and for success in your procedures. The doctors work well with communicating with each other if something is not their specialty, just wonderful people!
The costs were what we expected, and were explained to us in detail.