5.2

Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Dodds always addresses me by my first name throughout our conversations and looks me in the eyes whenever he is speaking to me. This makes me feel as though he is engaged in the conversation and not just going through the motions. He consistently explains everything fully and answers my questions until I am satisfied with the responses. He is always sympathetic when I return for treatment, and he genuinely seems to want me to have a successful pregnancy. I really feel as if he has a vested interest in me as a person and a future parent.
I saw ~6 nurses over the course of my 4 IUIs [at The Fertility Center of Michigan]. Most of the nurses were both knowledgeable and had a caring bedside manner. However, there were 1-2 nurses that were unable to answer my questions (and would not admit that they did not know the answer) and had more of an abrupt manner...Each IUI was ~$250...A lot of the individual treatment information is provided either verbally or in hand-written notes rather than prescribed packets or post-visit documentation tied to your patient account (that you can access as a patient). This can make your treatment confusing after you leave the clinic, although nurses are always happy to clarify if you call. The second downside to this clinic is their limited hours. If you need treatment information over the weekend, you must call their emergency line, and they may not respond until Monday (holidays are even worse). In addition, if yo
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is very caring and experienced. He founded the clinic, and I believe he has been a reproductive endocrinologist for approximately 30 years. In addition, he specializes in PCOS, my fertility issue. Therefore, I have a great deal of confidence in his ability to maximize my potential to be a parent. The only negative comment I have about Dr. Dodds is that I think is so knowledgeable that he sometimes forgets that I (as a patient) am not. He is always happy to clarify any confusion, but the first time he explains something, it is not always clear (e.g., certain details are missing or he mentions a term we had not previously discussed).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
If you have any questions or need clarification, please ask. Dr. Dodds wants to ensure all his patients have a clear understanding of their treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the protocols William Dodds used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
I did 4 IUI cycles. 3 were with Femara (5 mg for 5 days) and Estrace (vaginally) because of a thin uterine lining on ultrasound. Estrace was taken before and after IUI. For one of the cycles, I did a stepwise Femara cycle, as the first 5 days did not produce mature follicles. This resulted in the production of mature follicles after the stepwise administration. For the 4th IUI, I took Femara (5 mg for 5 days) and Gonal-F (75 IU) injections prior to IUI. For all IUIs, I did an Ovidrel injection 48 hours prior to the IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I saw ~6 nurses over the course of my 4 IUIs. Most of the nurses were both knowledgeable and had a caring bedside manner. However, there were 1-2 nurses that were unable to answer my questions (and would not admit that they did not know the answer) and had more of an abrupt manner.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic has a long history and many patients, so I feel that overall, this facility has the collective experience and knowledge that makes me confident in obtaining a positive treatment outcome. However, there are aspects of this center that are quite unorganized. A lot of the individual treatment information is provided either verbally or in hand-written notes rather than prescribed packets or post-visit documentation tied to your patient account (that you can access as a patient). This can make your treatment confusing after you leave the clinic, although nurses are always happy to clarify if you call. The second downside to this clinic is their limited hours. If you need treatment information over the weekend, you must call their emergency line, and they may not respond until Monday (holidays are even worse). In addition, if you have a full-time job, you should be prepared to miss work, as all treatments are done during the business day (8:30AM-3:30PM only). Finally, the billing department is incredibly disorganized, so you should be prepared to essentially keep meticulous track of your own financial accounting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Each IUI was ~$250.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Dodd’s is a great person and doctor. He doesn’t rush through the appointment and thoroughly answers each question with years of experience clearly behind each thoughtful answer. He is understanding that this is a difficult and sensitive time for patients...I had tried clomid prior to seeing Dr. Dodd, and he explained that IN femara studies it have been shown to work better than clomid for pcos which I have. We tried femara twice which I ovulated with based on occupations tests and a progesterone level.
Nurses [The Fertility Ctr of Michigan] kind and compassionate, with you every step of the way. Detailed in keeping you updated on the plan and details for each new cycle. Staff communicate well with each other and with me.... They met me after each of my appointments to go over the next plan and future appointments which was appreciated. They were efficient at calling me back the same day, and working to make sure they retrieved any labs taken outside of the clinic.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodd’s is a great person and doctor. He doesn’t rush through the appointment and thoroughly answers each question with years of experience clearly behind each thoughtful answer. He is understanding that this is a difficult and sensitive time for patients, especially the woman. He is kind and detailed, with every script and note written, never missing one single fact. At the first appointment we talked about our personal lives, careers, and families including both his own and ours - which set the tone for each future appointment, making it feel like we were just meeting with a friend. We also met in casual settings that didn’t feel like a “doctor’s office” which contributed to our comfort. He is clearly close with his staff, which helped us trust him and all the staff at the fertility clinic, knowing they were a team all together supporting us.
Great doctor- he has perfect bedside Manner and is excellent at his profession.
My calls were answered quickly, my questions were taken seriously and given thorough answers, the processes were explained in great detail as well as printed out, the staff grieved with me with each negative pregnancy test, they also helped me find the cheapest pharmacy to get medications by cash. I also had a nurse meet with me at the end of each ultrasound/consultation to go over the plan and next steps.
I had tried clomid prior to seeing Dr. Dodd, and he explained that IN femara studies it have been shown to work better than clomid for pcos which I have. We tried femara twice which I ovulated with based on occupations tests and a progesterone level. On the second round I didn’t get a positive ovulation test so I added ovidrel in the third and fourth cycles to ensure good ovulation. On the third and fourth cycles we did a mid cycles ultrasound Which showed that my uterine lining was getting smaller, and on the fourth round, which I had increased the dose of femara on, I was still only getting one follicle, so we have decided to move on to injectable with ovidrel and IUI which I am doing now. He explained that injectables will stimulate more eggs and thus increase chances of pregnancy. He also said iui doesn’t increase your chances by much, but we still wanted to try this during these injectable cycles as we will do 3 of them and then move to IVF.
They met me after each of my appointments to go over the next plan and future appointments which was appreciated. They were efficient at calling me back the same day, and working to make sure they retrieved any labs taken outside of the clinic. They were kind and compassionate and I appreciated them greatly at critical moments during my treatments.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Thorough and understanding doctors with lots of experience. Nurses kind and compassionate, with you every step of the way. Detailed in keeping you updated on the plan and details for each new cycle. Staff communicate well with each other and with me.
$300 for each ultrasound - which were multiple in some cycles. $600 -iui. $500 - first months dose of gonal f. $50 - femara. $50- metformin.
Describe William Dodds's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Dr. Dodd’s suggested a 2 embryo transfer as that will increase our chances of success, with a reasonable chance of a multiple pregnancy. Also is it obviously a very expensive procedure, so that is to be considered.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
At my first appointment, dr Dodd’s put ovidrel in his office note but we hadn’t discussed it and it was prescribed. It worked out as I was going to start it anyway.

Treated 2014 - 2019
He [Dr. Dodds] is very friendly and compassionate. Blunt but not too blunt. Good bedside manner. We haven’t gotten the results we have been hoping for yet but he is always very understanding and always adjusting my plan and listening to my needs/wants. ... Sometimes I feel like he is stretched thin and in a hurry but other times he really takes his time.
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are very organized and friendly. Sometimes they run behind on time but then there are days where I am in and out in a timely manner. They always are on the same page as the doctor. A weakness is sometimes I have to call and ask certain things before they get the chance to call me. I’m sure they’re busy though. ... The only issue was my ERA test-the scheduling staff kept wanting to change it to a different day and time not knowing that it is a time sensitive test and didn’t to be done exactly when the nurse sugguested.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is very friendly and compassionate. Blunt but not too blunt. Good bedside manner. We haven’t gotten the results we have been hoping for yet but he is always very understanding and always adjusting my plan and listening to my needs/wants.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and tell him what you would prefer/want-he is good at listening to your preferences and then adding in his professional advice.
At first I could tell he didn’t remember me or my husband but then as we continued to go there he now remembers us and it very friendly. Sometimes I feel like he is stretched thin and in a hurry but other times he really takes his time.
Nursing staff is amazing, always so helpful and never make you feel stupid or crazy for your questions or concerns. Always called with results in a timely manner and showed compassion.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are very organized and friendly. Sometimes they run behind on time but then there are days where I am in and out in a timely manner. They always are on the same page as the doctor. A weakness is sometimes I have to call and ask certain things before they get the chance to call me. I’m sure they’re busy though.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were always in the morning and usually very quick. It worked for me because of my drive and then I just went to work afterwards.
Retrieval with transferring 5 day embryo with ICSI and embryo glue was roughly $10,000. My meds were around $3,000 and my montoring was roughly $2,500
We wanted to transfer 2 and he was okay with that, he never questioned it but I think it was because he knew I had poor egg quality and wanted to better our chances.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
The only issue was my ERA test-the scheduling staff kept wanting to change it to a different day and time not knowing that it is a time sensitive test and didn’t to be done exactly when the nurse sugguested. I feel like for scheduling staff that they should definently know that. Thankfully I knew it was time sensitive and stood my ground.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Upon meeting Dr. Dodds, he quickly explained to me that I had two options due to my age (39y.o.) ... He would have kept running the same thing over and over, even though we got no better results each time. ... No pregnancies resulted from all 4 IUIs I had done. ... He in no way was interested in discovering why we are unable to conceive. ...
Weaknesses: staff [The Fertility Ctr of MI] is not friendly, or welcoming. You are shuffled room to room for procedures and consults. No continuity in staff throughout a week let alone a cycle. ... It was obvious I had been crying. The staff checking me out, starting asking me about my bill, and a discrepancy with my insurance. ... It was a frustrating, confusing, stressful, and impersonal experience with the staff overall.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Upon meeting Dr. Dodds, he quickly explained to me that I had two options due to my age (39y.o.): 1) The "European method". He explained this as "...if you want a baby ASAP, I can get you one using IVF. I call it the European method because it's cheaper and used more often in Europe. It's like the deluxe package". Or we could go the 2). Conservative route. Which would be try more medicated cycles and then IUIs and see what we could get to happen. But that we had maybe a 15-30% chance of ever conceiving this way. I was, and still am, diagnosed as Unexplained Infertility. I do not have PCOS, endometriosis, or diminished ovarian reserve, I ovulate regularly, am healthy, and all tests have come back in good range. I believe the only reason he said IVF was my best option is my age. He in no way was interested in discovering why we are unable to conceive. At one time he used the phrase "Well it's a good thing that's how the good Lord made you!" when discussing female reproductive anatomy. He commented on how "great" my husband's sperm analysis was several times. He called him an "overachiever". I left feeling hopeless, pressured to spend anywhere from $10-25,000 for IVF with them, and that my body was a complete failure. I never met with him in person again. I went through 4 IUI cycles in which he supposedly read the monitoring reports and made recommendations. It took me changing Drs to get a new protocol. He would have kept running the same thing over and over, even though we got no better results each time.
Go in confident. Do not let him pressure you to make decisions. Ask questions, and ask them again. Ask that you see him in person once in awhile to check in. Ask if he personally is monitoring your cycle. I doubt he will, but I wish I had demanded it more.
The entire office is impersonal, and you can see a different nurse, tech, or doctor each time. There is little to no consistency nor connection with your primary doctor. You are called through the same process each visit and can see others doing the same. I felt like cattle being processed for ultrasounds and IUIs. I was rarely referred to by name. Doctors who had performed IUIs on me, did not remember me from cycle to cycle. I once walked into the wrong consult room (down a long hallway, all doors look the same) and Dr. Dodds welcomed me in and asked me to sit down. He was in fact waiting for a different patient. He was not my Dr. that day, didn't recognize me, (note: he is considered my PRIMARY Dr. and has met me in-person) nor, apparently, the patient he was supposed to be waiting for. I excused myself and went to the Dr. I was seeing that day.
My first medicated cycle, he had me do 100mg of Clomid days 3-7. I produced 6-8 mature follicles. They recommended we switch to timed intercourse rather than IUI to avoid multiples. Then, I used 50 and 100 mg of Clomid days 3-7 (alternating days), with transvaginal monitoring on Day 1, and then closer to ovulation. We hoped to get 3-5 follicles of good size. I produced these each time, with some of them getting to a very large size---38mm was my largest. Ovidril was used to trigger ovulation and IUI was performed around 24-36 hrs later. I used progesterone the day following and for the next 14 days. I was not told that progesterone could stop my period from coming and I needed to stop after a negative test in order to allow myself to bleed. This lead to quite a bit of disappointment and heartache right off the bat. By the time we came to IUI #3, my lining was severely thinning due to the Clomid. I then started using estradiol to help build my lining. No pregnancies resulted from all 4 IUIs I had done.
A new person every time. The ultrasound techs were aloof and impersonal. They seemed upset to be there. The nursing staff would make recommendations or changes in the protocol which were in direct contradiction to the original protocol. I never felt confident when they told me to change the protocol b/c they did not seem sure or confident when I questioned why we were changing. It was a frustrating, confusing, stressful, and impersonal experience with the staff overall.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Weaknesses: staff is not friendly, or welcoming. You are shuffled room to room for procedures and consults. No continuity in staff throughout a week let alone a cycle. I was crying with frustration in a consultation room once. I go myself back together and went to check out. It was obvious I had been crying. The staff checking me out, starting asking me about my bill, and a discrepancy with my insurance. I had fulfilled my deductible. She continued to ask for payment for services that were coming back as "going to deductible". I understand business, and this is one, but I was very obviously upset and it was not an appropriate time to ask for these things. This is still a very emotional journey.
With medications, consults, 4 IUIs, etc. about $7,000. A 10 min conversation with the Dr following my ultrasound would cost me about $150 each time. Ultrasound: $120 ea. IUI: $1200 +.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Among many other things: I had to call in for over a week to get them to call my specialty pharmacy for a prescription that was time-sensitive. I finally left a pleading message which led them to call. I was left at the blood lab at 8 in the morning without my stat lab order being called in in the appropriate time. I had to call repeatedly for 30 min to get them to call the order in so that I could get my blood drawn, get the recommendation for the injectible meds that afternoon, and get to work on time. I had to call off and on for 2 1/2 weeks to get my records sent to my new choice in fertility clinic (CNY Fertility; $3900 IVF. They are also groundbreaking and amazing) ahead of my consult (I requested this 1 1/2 months in advance). I hope to never have to utilize them ever again. Ever.
Grand Rapids
Dr. Dodds wants to try two cycles of hybrid medications with IUI to increase my chances of conceiving. I will be using Femara 5.0, and Gonal F at 450iu at 75iu per injection for a few days days, and a trigger shot of Ovidrel at 250 mcg/.5 ml He also gave me the success rates for all of the options that he gave me (such as, I could try Laproscopic surgery to check for endo but it would only increase my chances of conceiving by about 20%, or I could do the hybrid and IUI which on average 60% conceive within 3 cycles, or IVF which is a 60% change on the first try no matter if I have endo or anything else, with the added bonus of having egg retrieval and FET at the age of 32 instead of later in life, especially with my low ovarian reserve.
it is a nice sized clinic [The Fertility Center of MI-Kalamazoo] but it is kind of like a satellite clinic, they can do consultations,ultrasounds etc. there but for anything else you might need or want done ( IUI, HSG, IVF) you have to go to Grand Rapids to do. Which at times can make for time constraints especially for work hours. The clinic is also only open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (which isn't a problem for me but I could see it causing issues for some people depending on their work schedule or commute time)
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds was very well spoken and personable, he told me the findings of my blood work and what was normal or abnormal and what he thought we needed to work on. He have me several different options as to what my next steps should be, but also rated them as what he would "suggest if I were his own child" . He made it very clear that he wanted to get me to what my husband and my goal of having a child in the most cost effective and healthy way possible.
He is very open and will explain anything that you want/need.
Dr. Dodds took the time to look at my information and decide what he thought was the best for me, he was caring but also to the point. He seemed sincere and concerned for my best interest in all aspects.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Everyone was very sensitive and supportive, every time I go into the clinic I feel at ease and supported, everyone is very sensitive to the situation and you feel like they are all rooting for you to win
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
it is a nice sized clinic, but it is kind of like a satellite clinic, they can do consultations,ultrasounds etc. there but for anything else you might need or want done ( IUI, HSG, IVF) you have to go to Grand Rapids to do. Which at times can make for time constraints especially for work hours. The clinic is also only open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (which isn't a problem for me but I could see it causing issues for some people depending on their work schedule or commute time)
with no insurance coverage, my consultation was around $240, ultrasound runs around $275, medication costs Femara $6, Ovidrel $100 Gonal-F $450, Initial consultation was $375, Blood work all together was around $600
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Dodds made me feel very comfortable and confident with his treatment plan. He told me all of the details and made me hopeful. The only thing that I wish could have done differently is that he would have suggested the hsg test before I started the Femara.... I had an ultrasound done and Dr. Dodds could tell that I had pcos. Because of the multiple cysts on my ovaries and infertility as well as some other symptoms he was confident
The strengths they [Fertility Center of Michigan] have are fast scheduling, prompt return calls, so caring and knowledgeable, great at explaining the next step. They have multiple doctors that you can see if your doctor isn't available and they are all great! When you call with questions they call you back within the hour and always answer all of your questions.... The nursing staff has been incredible! They make me feel comfortable and are genuinely concerned
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Ask every question you can think of! There are no stupid questions!
He took the time to answer all of my questions and to explain the diagnosis of PCOS. He gave me hope with the treatment plan he decided and explained to me!
I had an ultrasound done and Dr. Dodds could tell that I had pcos. Because of the multiple cysts on my ovaries and infertility as well as some other symptoms he was confident with the diagnosis. He started me on Femara 5 mg for the first cycle. It worked but the second cycle we decided to add the trigger shot to take out the guess work of when I ovulate. Now this third cycle because I only had one follicle the previous two we increased my dosage to 7.5 of Femara with the trigger shot. I had one large follicle again. I have a consultation scheduled in a couple weeks if I am not pregnant to go over the next options.
The nursing staff has been incredible! They make me feel comfortable and are genuinely concerned and so caring every time I call or come in for my appointments. They make the visits each month as enjoyable as they can be.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The strengths they have are fast scheduling, prompt return calls, so caring and knowledgeable, great at explaining the next step. They have multiple doctors that you can see if your doctor isn't available and they are all great! When you call with questions they call you back within the hour and always answer all of your questions. I can't really think of any weaknesses at this point.
I paid everything out of pocket. Consultation $250. Ultrasound $200 Nurse consultation $75
Treated 2017 - 2019
I felt really good about our first consult in 2017. We had a solid treatment plan/ path established....we decided to re-consult. I felt like Dr Dodds didn't take any time to review my chart prior to coming in the room. He waffled on the recommended treatment course, at first recommending up to 4 more cycles of IUI. As we talked further, he backtracked and decided that IVF was what he was going to recommend. I felt like I had to steer the conversation, as he was saying things that weren't applicable to me
All of the nursing staff [Fertility Center of Michigan] has been beyond friendly and sympathetic!... I believe the clinic overall is a solid one. I believe they have very fair prices, but I do wish they would look into Invocell IVF. This would give people like myself a chance at IVF due to the lower cost.... Each round of IUI ended up being around $800. IVF is expected to cost around $10,000 plus meds, anesthesia, etc.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Strengths-I do believe he truly wants to help his patients achieve the end goal of bringing home a baby Weakness-I believe he is a very busy man and I didn't feel as supported by him as I would have liked. I think he focuses the majority of his support on IVF patients
Speak up about your wants and if something doesn't sound right or applicable to your case
I felt really good about our first consult in 2017. We had a solid treatment plan/ path established. We did 2 rounds of IUI, with the second ending in a miscarriage/ possible ectopic. We then took a break. Fast forward to 2019, we decided to re-consult. I felt like Dr Dodds didn't take any time to review my chart prior to coming in the room. He waffled on the recommended treatment course, at first recommending up to 4 more cycles of IUI. As we talked further, he backtracked and decided that IVF was what he was going to recommend. I felt like I had to steer the conversation, as he was saying things that weren't applicable to me or were untrue.
We did 2 rounds of IUI with femara and Ovidrel. The rationale was that due to my husband's lower sperm count and motility, having more eggs and putting the sperm closer to them would increase the chance of pregnancy. I had one negative cycle and one pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage/ possible ectopic
All of the nursing staff has been beyond friendly and sympathetic!
N/A we did not do IVF
Treated 2017 - 2019
He [Dr. William Dodds] had us try clomid for 6 rounds. unsuccessful. we then trying to set my body my body up for ivf, where my body did not respond to the drugs . this is when we found out that the D&C damaged uterus lining. he did everything to make sure we could have our family. he performed a surgery to attempt to restore my lining . unsuccessful...[Dr. Dodds] is caring . Explains plans in details. Answers all our questions. calls us back if we have questions. knows who we are
Everyone one at the clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is patient, compassionate and understanding. No matter how many times you call or email, they are happy to assist you with their knowledge...Egg Donor process was slow moving . they had us wait months for a certain nurse, who did not end up being there for our initial appointment. I like the clinic because they never are frustrated with things. they are completely understanding and show empathy every phone call, email, or visit.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr Dodds I did recommend to my best experiencing infertility. Reason is that he is knowledgeable and can run several test that may determine a solution. He always makes sure we fully understand the steps in the plan and what are options are .
This process is overwhelming . Your head is foggy with anxiety , sadness and negativity. Before you go to the appointment, write down your goals and questions
Dr Dodds is caring . Explains plans in details. Answers all our questions. calls us back if we have questions. knows who we are
when we first met Dr Dodds, I had miscarried three times. he understood getting pregnant was not an issue for us , but staying pregnant was . He had us try clomid for 6 rounds. unsuccessful. we then trying to set my body my body up for ivf, where my body did not respond to the drugs . this is when we found out that the D&C damaged uterus lining. he did everything to make sure we could have our family. he performed a surgery to attempt to restore my lining . unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin Strouse)
Everyone one at the clinic is patient, compassionate and understanding. No matter how many times you call or email, they are happy to assist you with their knowledge
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think that being drugs for me, ultrsounds, tests, consultations,egg donor. We are well over 50k

Treated 2016 - 2019
[Dr. William Dodds] Updated me every step of the way. Even called me after egg retrievals to go over things and give me his opinion even after business hours...I believe he is a very compassionate caring doctor. Very knowledgeable and truely cares. Will do what is best for the pt and he listens to what you have to say. Will come to a conclusion that works for everyone involved...On the first round we only ended up with 1 frozen embryo. So with the second and third round we did the same dosage of Menopur decreased the Gonal F and grew the follicles bigger due to the fact I had a more immature eggs duing the first round.
The office staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] are very nice and helpful. They all are very compassionate and willing to listen and help you out. They began to know you by name. I think it would be nice to see the same physician when they are adjusting med dosages but besides that they do a wonderful job...Loved Robin [nurse] very informative and helpful. Could call her for anything When she would get back with you in a timely manner.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is great. And easy to talk to. Do not be afraid to ask questions or tell him how you really feel about something.
He always talked to me. Updated me every step of the way. Even called me after egg retrievals to go over things and give me his opinion even after business hours.
I used Menopur 75,Gonal F, (do not rememberdose)and added cetrotide and then a trigger shot. On the first round we only ended up with 1 frozen embryo. So with the second and third round we did the same dosage of Menopur decreased the Gonal F and grew the follicles bigger due to the fact I had a more immature eggs duing the first round. The first round 5 retrieved 1 frozen. Second round 7 retrieved 3 frozen. Third round 14 retrieved 10 frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin s)
Loved Robin very informative and helpful. Could call her for anything When she would get back with you in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The office staff are very nice and helpful. They all are very compassionate and willing to listen and help you out. They began to know you by name. I think it would be nice to see the same physician when they are adjusting med dosages but besides that they do a wonderful job.
Monitoring was always done in the morning so if medications needed to be changed they would call you in the afternoon to let you know. It went like a well oiled machine in my book.
Well we are around 24,000 which includes 3 rounds of IVF, monitoring, medications, and some of our gestational carriers things are paid for.
No he said it was up to me and my gestational carrier.
Grand Rapids
We had our egg retrieval [with Dr. Dodds] and got 22 follicles 18 were mature, 14 were fertilized, 2 were implanted and 11 were frozen. We resulted in a positive pregnancy but at the 6 week ultrasound it wasn't looking good. I continued to take progesterone injections and at our follow up ultrasound we found both embryos implanted but we're not viable and I miscarried...Was very knowledgeable and seemed honest with us every time we spoke. He seemed to really want to help us with our family and offered different suggestions we could take. He left a lot up to us on how quickly we wanted to move forward and supported any decisions we made for our treatments.
They [staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan] seemed to care about our situation and we're hopeful with helping us on our infertility journey...[nurses were] Very helpful with any situation. Always returned my calls when I had any questions I had regarding our procedure to make sure I was still following our plan and things were progressing normally...The only thing was when we had our miscarriage after our first IVF procedure [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] it was much harder to receive help...
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
They seemed to care about our situation and we're hopeful with helping us on our infertility journey.
We started with 3 rounds of femara resulted all negative pregnancy tests, had an HSG done results were normal. I started IVF procedures with injections in the morning and also in the evening. I don't remember every injection but was closely monitored by blood work and ultrasounds every other day. Once we got the okay I had a trigger shot and another injection. We had our egg retrieval and got 22 follicles 18 were mature, 14 were fertilized, 2 were implanted and 11 were frozen. We resulted in a positive pregnancy but at the 6 week ultrasound it wasn't looking good. I continued to take progesterone injections and at our follow up ultrasound we found both embryos implanted but we're not viable and I miscarried.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Great at providing a way to get pregnant. Offers many more options and insight that regular ob's are not able to do. The only thing was when we had our miscarriage after our first IVF procedure it was much harder to receive help. There were other circumstances and factors that occurred during this time which made it more difficult. In hindsight I would have found a better OB sooner to help with the process.
I was given a few options based on availability and I picked what I was able to do between my work schedule and office hours.
With our original insurance we had all of our procedures covered outside of a minor copay for each appointment. With our new insurance they do not work with so everything is now out of pocket even though our current insurance offers fertility treatments the same as our previous insurance it's just now out of network.
Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr. Dodd’s comes in the room shaking your hand always starting a conversation and never immediately about infertility. We never feel rushed while meeting with him. ... The phone calls he makes when the news isn’t always great is so sincere and positive. I really appreciate the time he takes during appointments and phone calls he makes.
The staff [The Fertility Center of MI] is top notch, a beautiful welcoming facility. They all do a wonderful job in making you feel as comfortable as possible and are great at making the stress of the procedures a bit less. ... There was not ever a line [for monitoring appointments] we waited in the waiting room as if it was a regular appointment. We scheduled the time we were able to make it
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We love Dr. Dodd’s he was able to change up our transfer each time it didn’t work to try something different to try and set us up for success. After a failed fresh transfer and a failed frozen transfer he never made us feel like we wouldn’t conceive. After our 2nd frozen transfer we conceived and carrier our son to term. The phone calls he makes when the news isn’t always great is so sincere and positive. I really appreciate the time he takes during appointments and phone calls he makes.
Ask questions he is more then willing to answer them
Dr. Dodd’s comes in the room shaking your hand always starting a conversation and never immediately about infertility. We never feel rushed while meeting with him. He’s interested/ask question about things that are not related to infertility just to make it a less stressful experience.
We used the resistant uterine protocol on our last frozen cycle. I believe that is what worked for us. Unfortunately I can’t remember the entire process or meds that were prescribed
The nursing staff was always very kind and supportive during the process.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I do not have any weaknesses that I can think of in regards to the clinic. The staff is top notch, a beautiful welcoming facility. They all do a wonderful job in making you feel as comfortable as possible and are great at making the stress of the procedures a bit less.
There was not ever a line we waited in the waiting room as if it was a regular appointment. We scheduled the time we were able to make it
Around $14000 I believe with the retrieval and 3 transfers (1 fresh 2 frozen)
He was very set on not transferring more then 2. He did say the odds of successful pregnancy were slightly higher when transferring 2.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr. Dodds was understanding and was there for myself and husband if we had any questions along the way. He explained the process and procedures. He is involved his patients and wants each and everyone of them to have a successful full term pregnancy...I would say that patients will like working with Dr. Dodds, he is knowledgeable and wants what is best for his patients...My husband and I did 3 rounds of timed intercourse which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We also did 3 rounds IUI, 2 of which resulted in no pregnancy, the last one did result in a pregnancy, but I had a miscarriage. After the miscarriage my husband and I met with Dr. Dodds to discuss further treatment. At the moment, my husband and I decided we needed a break from the treatments due to the financial cost and emotional toll.
The clinic [The Fertility Center of Michigan] is warm and inviting, the staff are available to answer any questions that we may have along the way with our treatments. The staff is there to give you space or be there for you if you need to talk to someone...All the nursing staff were helpful and knowledgeable. They were compassionate and understanding of the situation my husband and I are in...we were provided with a list of costs and which ones were covered by our insurance.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds was there for any questions I had about my treatment. He was very helpful and optimistic about my prognosis.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is warm and inviting, the staff are available to answer any questions that we may have along the way with our treatments. The staff is there to give you space or be there for you if you need to talk to someone.
At first consult with Dr. Dodds we were provided with a list of costs and which ones were covered by our insurance.
Didn't have these preformed.

Treated 2013 - 2019
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Dodds is very kind and compassionate and makes you feel very comfortable while in his care. He has a very positive attitude and explains things very well. Even after all my failed treatments he called me to say he was sorry and see how I was doing which I really appreciated. ... We started with 3 IUIs and when those failed we moved to IVF and transferred 2 fresh embryos.
I never have to wait long for an appointment which I amazing! They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are always running on time. When I call I always get a call back within a timely manner and I am never treated as a burden or annoyance. ... We started with 3 IUIs and when those failed we moved to IVF and transferred 2 fresh embryos. ... IUIs were around $700, IVF around $12,000, and FET around $3,500. ... [monitoring appointments are] Very efficient ...
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Ask a lot of questions and know you are in good hands.
Very kind, warm, and encouraging
We started with 3 IUIs and when those failed we moved to IVF and transferred 2 fresh embryos. When my first IVF failed I spontaneously got pregnant naturally 2 months later and had a normal pregnancy and delivery. After that we tried 2 frozen embryo transfers with different protocols each time to try to achieve pregnancy, but unfortunately the first was unsuccessful and the second was a chemical pregnancy. We then discovered I had some endometriosis and I had surgery for that. We plan to go back to IUI again now that I am recovered from surgery.
Everyone was kind and patient.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I never have to wait long for an appointment which I amazing! They are always running on time. When I call I always get a call back within a timely manner and I am never treated as a burden or annoyance.
Very efficient
IUIs were around $700, IVF around $12,000, and FET around $3,500.
No, we transferred 2 each time.
Grand Rapids
He was a very caring and loving man. He has passion to help create families and fulfill couples dreams. All though our first cycle with the fertility center ended in a miscarriage they helped me get back on track. I am hoping someday we will have our rainbow baby thanks to Dr. Dodds ... He started by increasing my ferma and added Gonal-f and ovidrel along with screen scans.
Very nice facility [at The Fertility Center of Michigan]. You just need to go in open minded and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. It is hard to get someone on the phone but they are very good at responding to calls the same day. ... Some of them are very sweet and compassionate. A few of them make you feel like you are an bother to them and you should know your own answers.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be ready for many ups and downs through the journey.
He definitely cares for his patients and is willing to see you when you have questions.
He started by increasing my ferma and added Gonal-f and ovidrel along with screen scans. The provider I was seeing in the past didn't do any monitoring so this made me feel so much better. He gives you up to 3 cycles before you move on to something else. After 2 rounds of meds and one miscarriage we moved on to IUI. Currently about to go in for another consultation and 2nd iui.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very nice facility. You just need to go in open minded and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. It is hard to get someone on the phone but they are very good at responding to calls the same day.
So far any visits have just been a vote pay. The IUI was paid for out of pocket along with the fertility medication
Treated 2015 - 2019
There were many appointments where I’d wait to speak with the doctor [Dr. William Dodds] and then the nurses would dismiss me because they were backed up or too busy. I talked to the nurses all the time and I’d wish I could’ve asked the Doctor more questions regarding my treatments and the results...I saw all of the Doctors there. Dodds seemed to be the most experienced with all of the challenges that arose during my journey. I also saw Dr Thakur and really appreciated the fact that she took her time with me to answer any questions and side effects that I could expect.
Some [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] were very knowledgeable and helpful when I’d have questions and others would contradict themselves when deciding on the course of my treatments...There were multiple times when I’d go in for blood work and the nurses assured me they ordered them in the system. When I’d go to the labs and they weren’t showing them I’d have to call the clinic and or return to a different lab at a later time because of an error on their end
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Do your research and ask a lot of questions.
There were many appointments where I’d wait to speak with the doctor and then the nurses would dismiss me because they were backed up or too busy. I talked to the nurses all the time and I’d wish I could’ve asked the Doctor more questions regarding my treatments and the results.
Some were very knowledgeable and helpful when I’d have questions and others would contradict themselves when deciding on the course of my treatments.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Over all most of the people there were friendly and knowledgeable. I am not impressed either Robin and a few others in the billing department. They gave me the runaround about a few of my claims that were covered by my insurance and they still charged me out of pocket. When I called them multiple times to follow up they were not professional in getting back to me and helping to get the fees reversed.
Unfortunately most of our costs were all out of pocket
Treated 2018 - 2019
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1 [with Dr.William Dodds]. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur...I am working with him remotely, so I saw him via Skype. He was very informative and supportive to both my husband and I during our initial consultation. He answered all our questions and described our options very well (I'm a nurse so have a good amount of education on the process, but my husband however does not!) The whole team that works with Dr.Dodds has been phenomenal!
[The staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan are] Great Communicators. Very supportive team: Nurses, Doctors, etc. I am working with the team remotely (Living in Traverse City, they have a remote office from their Grand Rapids location.) This has been a lifesaver! I work full time, so going through fertility treatment if I had to commute to Grand Rapids multiple times a week would be near impossible. I have loved working with them, along with the staff at Grand Traverse Womens Clinic!
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We got the HSG test performed, a Semen analysis for my husband, as well as other hormone testing (LH, FSH, Thyroid, Costisol.) Once all the tests were negative we started with the cycle #1. Back at my first appointment we did a round of Provera+Clomid, which was unsuccessful so we skipped that during the next round and went right to Menopur.
Grand Rapids

[Dr. William Dodds] Always provides answers and very informative...has been very helpful and understanding during our process. He has been blunt yet sincere at the same time. He always takes his time and makes sure that all our questions have been answered before we leave the office...Femara 3 tabs x 5 days Ovidrel to induce ovulation...I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc)
[Costs at The Fertility Center of Michigan were] $600 per IUI ($1200 total)...$100 ultrasound each month...$100 Ovidrel each month...I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc)...a medication was recommended after 3 failed IUI for my husband to take to help with sperm count, feel like it could have been discussed and recommended after first failed IUI
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds has been very helpful and understanding during our process. He has been blunt yet sincere at the same time. He always takes his time and makes sure that all our questions have been answered before we leave the office.
Ask questions!
Always provides answers and very informative.
Femara 3 tabs x 5 days Ovidrel to induce ovulation.
Very helpful
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think it’d be nice to see the doctor at the IUI appointment or at least nurses communicate to doctor results (Sperm count etc) a medication was recommended after 3 failed IUI for my husband to take to help with sperm count, feel like it could have been discussed and recommended after first failed IUI
$600 per IUI ($1200 total) $100 ultrasound each month $100 Ovidrel each month Office visit
Treated 2017 - 2019
When we went for retrieval [with Dr. Dodds] we found we are probably a day too early. A lot of the eggs were not mature. In the end after the eggs were fertilized we had two nice embryos available. We transfer those two eggs while on progesterone oil injections and ended with a chemical pregnancy. Our next IVF cycle we knew I like to surge early,..At this point we went to a microdose of Lupron to help ward off my body wanted to surge on its own, went with a 450 does daily of injections and in the end we had 13 eggs retrieved and 11 of them were mature with eight of them fertilizing .
[The Fertility Center of Michigan] has an office in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo that we utilize...The doctors rotate who is available at the Kalamazoo office and it’s more so used as a hub but any large procedures need to be done in Grand Rapids. All of the offices are friendly and inviting...The nurses do a pretty darn good job overall. I feel there could be a little bit better communication between them at times but overall they do a pretty good job.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
We started seeing Dr. Dodds over the last eight months. Dr. Dodds took over a case from one of the other doctors in the same practice. Dr. Dodds has a very good bedside manner. We have gone through multiple IUI’s Trying to achieve a pregnancy well trying to be less stressful. We have gone through IVF years earlier while living in a different area and also achieved a pregnancy on her own. Being that we were able to get pregnant on our own we thought IUI could work. To our dismay it was not the right path and we took full punch back into the IVF world. Dr. Dodds had our best interest at heart the whole time. My husband and I are both in the veterinary medical field and Dr. Dodds was more than willing to explain everything so we would understand. We definitely like knowing the reasons why were doing things. During the hard times he still stood strong and now we have a new game plan.
It is hard to wait... I know how long we have all waited to get to the next step. He does have your best interest at heart... it all will be worth it in the end.
Even during the difficult times he goes above and beyond with calling with his condolences. When we canceled a cycle he said he wouldn’t recommend going any farther with that cycle if it were him and his wife.
When we first started we were unaware that my body like to surge prior to us wanting it to. We didn’t know if my very first IVF cycle well on the table for retrieval I was accused of not taking all of my medications as prescribed. I knew that was not the case, for being in the medical field I knew how important everything was,But was not aware why I lost some of my key players that day. Although during that cycle we had a successful pregnancy without any leftover eggs. So going through with Dr. Dodds I did let them know that I released eggs early we were in aware if it was from the time I receive the trigger shot or other circumstances. My first cycle of Dr. dad’s involved in a mix of Lupron but was not aware why I lost some of my key players that day. Although during that cycle we had a successful pregnancy without any leftover eggs. So going through with Dr. Dodds I did let them know that I released eggs early we were in aware if it was from the time I receive the trigger shot or other circumstances. My first cycle of Dr. dad’s involved in a mix of two injectables and we found I am not super sensitive to medications and I took a larger dose from myself to create more. This cycle when we were very close to a retrieval we found I had my own small lh surge prior to the injection. This is where we change gears we knew my body produce things quickly so we started medications earlier and the thought was my eggs matured faster. During IUI cycles I would normally surge between 11 and 13 days. So we knew I had early ovulation. So with our next IVF cycle we started medications earlier and stronger and when we got close to that area of concern we went for it. When we went for retrieval we found we are probably a day too early. A lot of the eggs were not mature. In the end after the eggs were fertilized we had two nice embryos available. We transfer those two eggs while on progesterone oil injections and ended with a chemical pregnancy. Our next IVF cycle we knew I like to surge early, But now also know the eggs are not mature at that point. At this point we went to a microdose of Lupron to help ward off my body wanted to surge on its own, went with a 450 does daily of injections and in the end we had 13 eggs retrieved and 11 of them were mature with eight of them fertilizing . We transferred two eggs, We were froze the remaining six eggs and this is the first time we’ve ever had freezable eggs and ended with a chemical pregnancy. We currently are planning on going through a mark embryo transfer but instead of doing the transfer taking a sample Biopsy to be sent out to make sure we are at the right timing. If everything works out the plan is to move forward with a June cycle.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic itself has an office in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo that we utilize. I believe they have one in Traverse City area as well for Michigan. We primarily use the Kalamazoo office as were adjacent to it. The doctors rotate who is available at the Kalamazoo office and it’s more so used as a hub but any large procedures need to be done in Grand Rapids. All of the offices are friendly and inviting.
For cost there is a base fee, the base of each service we need it was all a cart.
I don’t have a lot of information regarding single versus multiple, but during our first IVF cycle, we were part of that one versus two embryo transfer study although when we got to the end we were kicked out due to the quality of eggs when we lost the key players ahead of time.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Each time that we went back he [Dr. William Dodds] always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.... Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Each time that we went back he [Dr. William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan] always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.... Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodd’s is everything I expect to see in a doctor. Being in the medical field, I have seen the good and the bad and he superseded the good. He took time to call and empathize with my husband and I after we lost two pregnancies after IVF cycles. He called after hours to ensure our questions were answered and to apologize for our loses. He takes the time to talk about what happened and his plan going forward. He took the time to answer all of our questions and to hear what we have to say. He decides his plan of care around both of our emotions, what hasn’t worked in the past and suggestions that we have on what we have researched! He is compassionate and caring and it is clear that he wants the best possible outcome for everyone of his patients.
Just to trust that he always has your best interest at heart and if a cycle does not work that it is not always his fault, he is doing his best.
Dr. Dodd’s takes the time to sit down in his private office with myself and my husband and intertwines regular conversation with professional conversation. He is very down to earth and made my husband and I feel like we had known him forever and could share our fears and concerns. After 7 years of infertility he took the time to go through the entire history of everything we had been through and to devise a plan going forward. Each time that we went back he always treated us with respect and made conversation bringing up what we had talked about in the past remembering personal details of the prior conversations.
Treated 2016 - 2019
[Protocols with Dr. Dodds were] IUI with Chlomid/trigger shot. Full IVF cycle long protocol. Two frozen transfers with Luperon injections, Progesterone injections & Estrace...Very good doctor...answers all of our questions...He treats every patient, family and treatment plan individually. He makes sure we know step by step the process and what to expect. He checks in on his patients and follows up with them. He ensures that we are on the same page and that we do not leave not knowing. He always reasures us for the best possible outcome, but also makes sure we know the odds and the statistics. He is very personable and very approachable. We never feel rushed and know that our family is in good hands with him and his team.
Great communication [from the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan]...always made sure we understood exact instructions...Great organization. The Clinical staff is awesome. They always have openings & accomidate their patient and family needs. They re-assure you that everything is timed just right so you never have to worry about the weekends or holidays interfering with your plan and process. They very thoroughly explain all of the patient instructions and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Great Reproductive Endocrinologist. Dr. Doods loves his job and his patients. He treats every patient, family and treatment plan individually. He makes sure we know step by step the process and what to expect. He checks in on his patients and follows up with them. He ensures that we are on the same page and that we do not leave not knowing. He always reasures us for the best possible outcome, but also makes sure we know the odds and the statistics. He is very personable and very approachable. We never feel rushed and know that our family is in good hands with him and his team.
Have Faith and hope for the best. Dr. Dodds is amazing and fertility options do work
Very good doctor answers all of our questions
Great communication always made sure we understood exact instructions
None
Treated 2017 - 2019
I think Dr. Dodds is exceptional and he wants all of his patients to succeed. What I like best is even though I am under his primary care, all of the doctors have great communication and I am able to feel comfortable with any of them.... Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.
The main clinic [Fertility Ctr of MI] is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly... Every nurse I have encountered has shown great empathy and compassion and some can relate to the journey which is comforting.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Do your research, ask questions until you feel comfortable. If you are walking in with no prior knowledge regarding infertility, like I did, I felt very lost and confused but he is willing to explain things in a way for you to understand until you feel comfortable.
From the time we had our first consult we felt that Dr.Dodds genuinely wanted to help us succeed and every visit since we leave with that same feeling.
We took our time trying these out slowly. We started with timed intercourse with clomid and gonal f then moved to iui’s with gonal f, eventually moving to IVF which is where we discovered my egg quality was poor. We retrieved 3 times and I really appreciated that each time the doctors discussed my case and tried different approaches, however in the end my eggs are just too poor and we are moving on to donor eggs.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The main clinic is in Grand Rapids which is where all procedures are performed but the normal appointments can be at one of their other locations, we went to the Kalamazoo clinic. We liked the staff at both locations, and appreciate that they know us by name and are always friendly. They are also very respectful when things go poorly (when I found out I miscarried).
Though we have not had any transfers yet, Dr. Dodds has discussed multiple times the risks of transferring multiple embryos and their clinic holds a strong stance on transferring one is best, which I respect that they are looking at the overall picture and the health of the mother and baby.
Kalamazoo
we have found that male factor infertility is a possible issue due to low sperm count. Dr. Dodds is working with us to try to help increase the sperm count with the hope that IVF could be avoided. He has suggested a male hormone treatment to raise testosterone levels which would hopefully raise sperm count...great bedside manner. Very approachable. He takes the time to explain medical terms and procedures...is very personable and we felt very comfortable asking questions. Our first appointment/consultation, felt a little rushed. After a few tests and blood work, we met again to go over the results. This appointment felt slower and we had more time to discuss next steps and treatment. We realize its hard to discuss everything the first meeting so we were not that upset.
The staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] is great about using names...The nursing staff we have interacted with have all been very friendly. We appreciate the use of our names and the approachable personalities...Based on research, we felt the costs were inline with other clinics. They do have finance options and offer info on grants...They are good about returning calls, but it has been hard to get a person on the phone at the time I'm making the calls. (My calls have been scheduling and billing related, not medical.)
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Dr. Dodds is very personable and we felt very comfortable asking questions. Our first appointment/consultation, felt a little rushed. After a few tests and blood work, we met again to go over the results. This appointment felt slower and we had more time to discuss next steps and treatment. We realize its hard to discuss everything the first meeting so we were not that upset.
There is so much to learn, be ready to listen. Do some research before had, it will make the first few visits go more smoothly. Having some knowledge about infertility and treatments will help in asking questions that directly relate to your situation. Don't go alone, having a spouse/family member/friend will help during the down times to discuss all the info being shared with you.
The staff is great about using names. Dr. Dodds have a great bedside manner. Very approachable. He takes the time to explain medical terms and procedures.
We are still in the diagnostic stage of our infertility treatment. However, we have found that male factor infertility is a possible issue due to low sperm count. Dr. Dodds is working with us to try to help increase the sperm count with the hope that IVF could be avoided. He has suggested a male hormone treatment to raise testosterone levels which would hopefully raise sperm count.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The office itself is a welcoming and calming environment. They make every effort to protect your privacy. They offer a lot of info and don't leave anything on the table. You feel welcome to ask any questions. The biggest issue I have, is when calling by phone there are way too many prompts. I understand it is how the world runs, but there are so many prompts that sometimes I'm not sure if I'm getting to the right person/department. Whenever I have called, I always end up with a voicemail. They are good about returning calls, but it has been hard to get a person on the phone at the time I'm making the calls. (My calls have been scheduling and billing related, not medical.)
Based on research, we felt the costs were inline with other clinics. They do have finance options and offer info on grants. Overall, its just expensive treatment to pursue.
Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr. Dodds is very good at taking the time to make you feel as if you're his only patient. I feel incredibly comfortable voicing concerns (if I have any) and discussing options. He is trustworthy, knowledgeable, and empathetic...we have been doing rounds of menopur + timed intercourse. My body is reacting appropriately this time and we actually became pregnant on the third try; however, I miscarried at 6 weeks. We just began a fourth cycle with menopur + estrace and will do an IUI with progesterone suppositories to follow.
The nursing staff at The Fertility Clinic is very understanding, patient, and compassionate. They are very helpful and knowledgeable, having the ability to answer many of my questions without asking the doctor...Our insurance did not cover our IVF procedure which ran us $9-$10k, I think. Each frozen transfer is around $3k...This is a very busy clinic so at times, it is difficult to schedule appointments with your preferred doctor and wait times can be longer than usual. However, the majority of the time, they are very efficient and well-run. While I prefer to see my doctor, I trust the entire team and will gladly be seen by another partner.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be open and trusting of his process. He knows what he is doing. However, don't be afraid to ask questions and push the boundaries.
Dr. Dodds went out of his way to familiarize himself with our case. He took the time to troubleshoot our situation and even called outside of office hours to talk to us.
We started with menopur + timed intercourse but I kept overstimulating, even with a change in doses, so we moved to IVF. I continued the menopur, did an HCG trigger, and we retrieved 18 eggs. We were able to fertilize 12, transferring two (fresh transfer) and freezing the rest. I started Progesterone in Oil (PIO) injections following the transfer. I became pregnant but miscarried at 9 weeks. After three failed frozen transfers (slightly different protocol each - #1 was identical to the first (prep with estrace, PIO shots after transfer), #2 we incorporated xanax, prednisone, and motrin, #3 we incorporated xanax, prednisone, Motrin, and zithromax), we did an ERA which concluded we were transferring in the wrong window of receptivity. Grew our remaining 5 embryos to blastocysts, transferred two, and I became pregnant. That resulted in the birth of our son. When our son was 12 months, we transferred our remaining blastocyst (one did not make through the thaw). I became pregnant but miscarried again - 6 weeks this time. Since then, we have been doing rounds of menopur + timed intercourse. My body is reacting appropriately this time and we actually became pregnant on the third try; however, I miscarried at 6 weeks. We just began a fourth cycle with menopur + estrace and will do an IUI with progesterone suppositories to follow.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Our insurance did not cover our IVF procedure which ran us $9-$10k, I think. Each frozen transfer is around $3k. My medications and ultrasounds are mostly covered - a $20 copay applies for each office visit. For my Timed Intercourse cycles, my medications are $50 - $100 total, depending on how much I need that cycle. I believe IUI, which we are hoping to do soon, is around $600.
Dr. Dodds did not have a strong preference on 1 vs. 2 but did properly warn us on the risks of multiples.
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. William Dodds] is smart and up on all new findings etc. he seems like he cares a lot. He was fast in explaining but did not feel overly rushed The one thing that made me feel awkward was he had a cold and did not wash his hands upon entering room. Not a big deal at all but I do remember that. His staff is very helpful and tries to explain the finances and money aspect. One thing I liked was that did read our prior doctors notes very quickly and thoroughly. He went into detail about our past procedures and I felt good about that
It’s pretty normal clinic [Fertility Center of MI-Kalamazoo]. Small but it has everything. The strength is that you can email and talk over phone about treatment. The weakness is the cost. It’s hard not knowing how much the exact cost will be. They try to give you their best estimate but it is not always accurate.... [the nurses are] Very good. Very organized and on top of things.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
He is smart and up on all new findings etc. he seems like he cares a lot. He was fast in explaining but did not feel overly rushed The one thing that made me feel awkward was he had a cold and did not wash his hands upon entering room. Not a big deal at all but I do remember that. His staff is very helpful and tries to explain the finances and money aspect. One thing I liked was that did read our prior doctors notes very quickly and thoroughly. He went into detail about our past procedures and I felt good about that
Just try to understand the cost up front. Do research and just relax!!!
I thought he was pretty good. He explained the process and some strategy. I would say lacking a little bit of compassion- as we have had so many negative results with past doctor
He wants to use eggs that are already fertilized and frozen. He also wants to test everything prior to make sure there are no hiccups. I can’t go into too Much detail because I don’t know the terms
Very good. Very organized and on top of things.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
It’s pretty normal clinic. Small but it has everything. The strength is that you can email and talk over phone about treatment. The weakness is the cost. It’s hard not knowing how much the exact cost will be. They try to give you their best estimate but it is not always accurate
I think it was expensive but comparable to others
I think it should be a couples choice especially after multiple failures. I don’t know if I would go too high but I think 3 or 4 might be reasonable if couple feels that way after multiple failures

Treated 2016 - 2019
He [Dr. William Dodds] would call me personally to talk about results or procedures...Such a nice Doctor. Completely trust him. He explained everything so well and was kind to us through each of our journeys to get pregnant. I always appreciated his calls to congratulate me on a success or see how I was doing after a failure...After 6 failed IUIs he suggested that we either start stronger injectables or begin IVF. After our first fresh cycle IVF we transferred two embryos and got pregnant with one baby. Most recently we transferred 2 frozen embryos and did not get pregnant. He suggested we thaw 3 the next time and pick the best 2. Which was good because one of the embryos did not make it. After transferring those two good embryos we did get pregnant and it looks to be one baby after the 6 week ultrasound.
They [nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] were always there to answer questions if I had them. They explained the medications that I had to take and when I needed to take them...They are very good at their jobs. They are helpful with questions and even provide monthly meetings for new patients to come and learn more about the fertility center. The weakness would just be the costs associated but I know there is not much they can do about that. It would be great if more insurances would cover some costs.
How was your experience with William Dodds at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Trust Dr Dodd’s. He knows what he is doing and he is always looking out for your best interests.
He would call me personally to talk about results or procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were always there to answer questions if I had them. They explained the medications that I had to take and when I needed to take them.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
We had to pay out of pocket for everything except ultrasounds and prescriptions. That is the worse part about infertility, the costs are so high