5.4

Traverse City
1200 6th Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Dodd’s was very friendly and informative every step of the way. He was very compassionate when we had a miscarriage. He did adjust our meds protocol for our second retrieval which we had wonderful results with. However, I did always feel rushed during our consults...We moved onto IVF and the first retrieval gave us 4 embryos. We transferred two and I became pregnant with a singleton resulting in a miscarriage at 9weeks pregnant. We then transferred the last two 4 months laters, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. A year later we started the retrieval process again and this time the started the drugs at a stronger dose to jump start my follicles and we received 9 embryos at a 3 day blast. We transferred 2 and one embryo split and I was pregnant with triplets. Unfortunately at 10 weeks I lost the faturnal Twins. However my 3rd baby grew strong and we now have a 6 week beautiful baby girl!
I felt that [The Fertility Center of Michigan] was thorough during our treatments and were compassionate during our miscarriage. The only improvement I would like to see is that the doctors do not seem like they are in a rush during consultation. I did feel rushed during those meetings...Nurse Sandy is an absolutely wonderful nurse and person! She went above and beyond for me and she was my rock through this whole process! She always made sure I understand all the meds and process and would take multiple calls from me while I was panicking and always made me feel better.
How was your experience with William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Be prepared with all your questions for him. So you feel informed of the process you are about to endure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
I felt that the fertility center was thorough during our treatments and were compassionate during our miscarriage. The only improvement I would like to see is that the doctors do not seem like they are in a rush during consultation. I did feel rushed during those meetings.
Describe the protocols William Dodds (retired) used in your cycles at The Fertility Center of Michigan and their degree of success.
We started with IUI and gonal f shots. All resulting in a negative pregnancy test. We moved onto IVF and the first retrieval gave us 4 embryos. We transferred two and I became pregnant with a singleton resulting in a miscarriage at 9weeks pregnant. We then transferred the last two 4 months laters, which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. A year later we started the retrieval process again and this time the started the drugs at a stronger dose to jump start my follicles and we received 9 embryos at a 3 day blast. We transferred 2 and one embryo split and I was pregnant with triplets. Unfortunately at 10 weeks I lost the faturnal Twins. However my 3rd baby grew strong and we now have a 6 week beautiful baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are all friendly and accommodating. They are very open and will share their infertility stories with their patients. I do feel it would help the financial stress of this process if they allowed payment plans.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodds (retired) at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
8,000 for the ART program. 5,000 medication 2,000 blood work /ultrasounds, etc.
2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
My doctor [Dr. Dodds] never looked at my chart until he entered the room. He is always running late & rushing to see the next patient...He is clearly very knowledgeable, but lacks an ability to connect with his patients. He never took the time to learn my husbands name over the 5 years we worked with him. I never felt like he prepared ahead of time when meeting with us. He spent the first ten minutes reading through my chart getting familiar with my case.
Great nurses & office staff [The Fertility Center] at the Kakamazoo branch. They take time to answer our questions & acknowledge how horrible this entire situation is. We have been less pleased with the Grand Rapids staff. We feel like cattle passing through bc the clinic is so large....One of my mini IVF extraction was cancelled bc they waited a day too long....My nurses were much more invested in getting to know me....$50,000ish after 7 cycles...
He is clearly very knowledgeable, but lacks an ability to connect with his patients. He never took the time to learn my husbands name over the 5 years we worked with him. I never felt like he prepared ahead of time when meeting with us. He spent the first ten minutes reading through my chart getting familiar with my case. I know other couples who did feel a connection with him & have great things to say about him.
Make a connection with your nurses & advocate for yourself.
My nurses were much more invested in getting to know me. My doctor never looked at my chart until he entered the room. He is always running late & rushing to see the next patient.
I did a traditional long stim protocol the first round because everything was completely normal with my blood work & ultrasounds. They transferred the only 2 embryos 2 days after my extraction. I had a negative result. For our second round they did a hyper stim flare protocol since I didn’t produce the amount of eggs they were expecting. We ended up with 2 embryos again despite the hopes of getting much more. We did a FET 2 months later & had a positive result. 2 weeks later we lost. We them moved forward with 5 mini iVF’s in the hopes of getting high quality eggs. 2 of the 5 extractions were cancelled due to a dominant follocule & a possible missed ovulation. We ended up with 3 frozen embryos after undergoing the mini IVF’s. We did a FET with an angry uterine protocol (intrauterine HCG injection)& transferred 2 & had a neGative result. We did another FET (also angry uterine/HCG injection)with our last embryo & received a positive. This pregnacy ended in an ectopic pregnancy which was treated with methotrexate. I completed an endometrial receptivity assay & the results indicated I needed a transfer 24 hours after the norm. We are beginning another round of the hyperstim flare protocol in May with the angry uterine protocol/HCG injection for the FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie S & Ashley )
My nurses have been AMAZING.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Great nurses & office staff at the Kakamazoo branch. They take time to answer our questions & acknowledge how horrible this entire situation is. We have been less pleased with the Grand Rapids staff. We feel like cattle passing through bc the clinic is so large.
$50,000ish after 7 cycles
Describe William Dodds (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
For my case, Dodd’s indicates that multiple embryo transfer is best bc the hormones supplied by the additional embryos may support the strongest embryo.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
One of my mini IVF extraction was cancelled bc they waited a day too long.
Kalamazoo
He [Dr. Dodds] seems like a very nice man. He had a sense of humor that was refreshing.... Had decent beside manner, and didn't seem to rush us out the door. Took time to explain everything we were going to do... The blood work that he wanted me to get done. He put me on thyroid medication to try and correct my levels even though they were only slightly off. He laid out a plan for what we were going to do what days I needed to call the clinic, what days I would be taking my pills, what days I would be taking my shots.
The two ladies that I interacted with seem to be very kind and understanding. It's difficult to be in the office surounded by pictures of babies that this Clinic [Fertility Center of Michigan] has helped to bring into the world for other women when you still don't have your own. So I find myself crying a lot. And they are all very sweet and compassionate women that I've dealt with... Overall it is a wonderful place to go for infertility treatments.
He seems like a very nice man. He had a sense of humor that was refreshing. He is the second doctor that I've seen for infertility, and I would definitely say that he was the better of the two. He explained everything that we were going to be doing. The blood work that he wanted me to get done. He put me on thyroid medication to try and correct my levels even though they were only slightly off. He laid out a plan for what we were going to do what days I needed to call the clinic, what days I would be taking my pills, what days I would be taking my shots. Everything was well planned out. Overall I would say that he's a great doctor.
I would say that he is not going to lie to you so don't go in there expecting to hear exactly what you want to hear,because he's going to tell you the truth
The doctor I saw before William. Put me on Clomid for four Cycles. So when he saw that he decided that he would put me on Fermara. And I took that for one cycle I believe it was days 3 through 7. I came in to have an ultrasound done and my follicles measured and I can't remember what day that was. The day after I had my ultrasound I was instructed to use a trigger shot to force ovulation and I was instructed to have intercourse once every 24 hours for the next three days. No pregnancy resulted from this round of femara, so I went to Grand Rapids to have dye injected into my uterus and x-rays done to see if my tubes are blocked which they were not. I had some blood work done but I can't remember what that was for. Our next step is going to be IUI next month.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The two ladies that I interacted with seem to be very kind and understanding. It's difficult to be in the office surounded by pictures of babies that this Clinic has helped to bring into the world for other women when you still don't have your own. So I find myself crying a lot. And they are all very sweet and compassionate women that I've dealt with
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
There really isn't anything else I would say about the clinic that I have not said about the doctors and nurses. Overall it is a wonderful place to go for infertility treatments. The only thing I wish that this Clinic offered was invocell. I've heard that it is a new like IVF treatment but it is substantially cheaper
They submit everything through my insurance even though my insurance doesn't cover infertility. So I have yet to receive the bill
We have not discussed this yet
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
The day after my initial appointment for some reason the thyroid medication the doctor wanted me to be put on had not been called in to the pharmacy. The femara and the trigger shot had been called in though
Kalamazoo
You may request him [Dr. William Dodds] as your doctor or see him the first time, but most likely you’ll see different doctors the rest of the way...He made me feel comfortable during the visit. After a dismal first retrieval result (only 2 poor quality embryos made it to day 4), he called personally then changed my plan to multi-cycle plan which is much more cost effective. I saw him just one more time after the initial visit, as his other colleagues did the procedures. After 2 retrievals, I had an FET which was successful
They were very flexible [for monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan], and the good thing was they have a lot of clinics so if the schedule would not work out in a clinic, you have other options...I thought they were reasonable [cost-wise]. The multi-cycle plan was cost effective. There were no hidden costs...The clinic gave me a choice [on embryo transfer]. I’m not sure if they transfer more than 2...Weakness: very busy practice, so it’s understandable how the organization can be compromised. Their kalamazoo clinic’s waiting room was such that everyone waiting could hear everything you’re discussing with the receptionist. Having a lot of clinics in different parts of michigan made it easier to have ultrasounds done when we were in the process of moving
You may request him as your doctor or see him the first time, but most likely you’ll see different doctors the rest of the way
When the first egg retrieval had bad results, he personally called to deliver the news
We discussed my first egg retrieval with another clinic which had to be terminated as only one follicle was developing during treatment, and his opinion was that my med dosages were too low. Stim meds were increased in dose and the results were better than the first but still not good (2 poor quality embryos produced). The next cycle I took estrogen supplements first to stimulate follicle production and my stim meds were increased further (maximum), and the results were better - 3 embryos but their qualities were better. I decided to do fet then instead of going through a third egg retrieval as we moved and it was too hard to go to appointments for egg retrieval. 2 embryos were transferred, and I had one baby born
I spoke to a different nurse each time. They were all really nice. You rarely ever call without having to leave a message in the voicemail though. Sometimes they did hive conflicting information though, but just for minor things that I can’t recall anymore
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic seems to have a pretty good success rate and is quite popular. I found the costs to be reasonable, and better than the first clinic I went to. No hidden costs (again unlike the first clinic I went to where I was charged $450 every time I talked to a nurse coordinator). Weakness: very busy practice, so it’s understandable how the organization can be compromised. Their kalamazoo clinic’s waiting room was such that everyone waiting could hear everything you’re discussing with the receptionist. Having a lot of clinics in different parts of michigan made it easier to have ultrasounds done when we were in the process of moving
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They were very flexible, and the good thing was they have a lot of clinics so if the schedule would not work out in a clinic, you have other options
I thought they were reasonable. The multi-cycle plan was cost effective. There were no hidden costs
The clinic gave me a choice. I’m not sure if they transfer more than 2
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. Dodds] always took time to listen and was so very compassionate. He took the time to explain everything. He always worked to keep a positive attitude no matter what set backs arrived. I can not understate his kindness and how well treated we felt at the fertility center. ... He always took the time to thoroughly explain all treatment. He considered all factors of the potential parents lives and took the time to understand the barriers. Also he always remained so positive.
The costs [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] were fair and well described prior to my consenting for the treatment. They do work with you to try and reduce costs where needed. ... It was nice that they have a lab on site. They have a number of ultrasound suits with consult rooms. Everything was well maintained and created a warm and welcoming environment at a time that can be very frightening.
He always took time to listen and was so very compassionate. He took the time to explain everything. He always worked to keep a positive attitude no matter what set backs arrived. I can not understate his kindness and how well treated we felt at the fertility center.
The most important thing I had to remember was to stay positive. Follow treatment instructions and if you have questions don’t hesitate to call.
We started out with clomid and timed intercourse. Unfortunately a previous OB has me on Clomid for some time so I did not do many cycles of this. We then moved to estrogen and fsh injections. We continued timed intercourse. We did get a positive but the pregnancy was chemical. We repeated the cycle and achieved pregnancy but had a blighted ovum. We tried one more cycle but could not get a good number of follicles. We took a year off due to back to back losses and a cancer diagnosis in the family. On our first cycle in 2018 we did estrogen, fsh, progesterone and IUI. With this we were successful in achieving pregnancy and had a beautiful baby girl.
All staff were very helpful. All of them were very knowledge and were able to answer all questions.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Everything for me went very smoothly. I have no complaints. It was nice that they have a lab on site. They have a number of ultrasound suits with consult rooms. Everything was well maintained and created a warm and welcoming environment at a time that can be very frightening.
The costs were fair and well described prior to my consenting for the treatment. They do work with you to try and reduce costs where needed.
Grand Rapids

He [Dr. William Dodds] is honest and caring, good bedside manner and very intelligent. Although he can be a bit flighty at times with this thought processes, we wouldn't have wanted anyone else there. Sometimes he was too caring than informative and other times he was too informative without much care. Really depended on the day.
The billing department [at Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids] is totally unorganized and a joke; keep all your receipts and don't let any stone go unturned. They demand money immediately well before procedures even happen, makes them come across as money hungry. Front desk staff are cordial, but if you ever have an urgent need, no one wants or knows how to help you and you just get transferred around.
He is honest and caring, good bedside manner and very intelligent. Although he can be a bit flighty at times with this thought processes, we wouldn't have wanted anyone else there. Sometimes he was too caring than informative and other times he was too informative without much care. Really depended on the day.
He called after each successful and failed pregnancy test and took time to answer questions
HSG, egg retrieval, embryo transfer and freezing
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Robin Strouse)
She was always available to assist as needed, and super helpful, but frequently lost our paperwork and was a bit disorganized at times
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The billing department is totally unorganized and a joke; keep all your receipts and don't let any stone go unturned. They demand money immediately well before procedures even happen, makes them come across as money hungry. Front desk staff are cordial, but if you ever have an urgent need, no one wants or knows how to help you and you just get transferred around.
For egg retrieval with a surrogate, it costs around $15,000
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Paperwork is often lost, billing department is totally unorganized. I ran out of meds when they wanted me to keep stimming, and my pharmacy was in the middle of a snow storm. When I called the office freaking out they basically said they don't keep meds on hand and "good luck".
Grand Rapids
Dr. Dodd’s was extremely understanding and was very patient driven during our consultation. He gave us a game plan and we got started on everything right away. I am very pleased thus far with Dr Dodds. ... He uses all medical history to make informed decisions and orders any extra tests as needed. He comes up with a plan based on your testing and results and is willing to be as aggressive as you want to be. I feel very supported by him and his team.
Strengths: top of the line resources, a variety of doctors, clean and large facility [The Fertility Center of Michigan], good location, great staff Weakness: their phone hours are only 8-3 so it is difficult to get a hold of them during work hours. They always return calls but you may play phone tag as they do not always answer calls. ... Nurses go in detail of what to do next in your treatment plan and are willing to teach and answer all questions.
Dr Dodd’s is very knowledgeable. He uses all medical history to make informed decisions and orders any extra tests as needed. He comes up with a plan based on your testing and results and is willing to be as aggressive as you want to be. I feel very supported by him and his team.
Be willing to do any extra testing required so he can get right to the root of the issue.
I am still in the beginnings of this process but so far he has given my husband and I a plan: I got an hsg and mid cycle ultrasound using femara. I did produce a mature follicle and triggered with ovidrel. We are waiting to see results from this first round.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Strengths: top of the line resources, a variety of doctors, clean and large facility, good location, great staff Weakness: their phone hours are only 8-3 so it is difficult to get a hold of them during work hours. They always return calls but you may play phone tag as they do not always answer calls.
Some costs are covered by insurance - since we are just getting started we have not yet incurred all costs. Sperm analysis was 185 with insurance, consultation with insurance was 177.
Grand Rapids
He [Dr. Dodds] is very caring, and speaks like he is talking to a friend or family member. Something about His voice is calming and comforting. He also explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and in a way that doesn’t leave us with questions. ... I felt like it was just going through the motions. Although he was very caring and took his time for us, I could tell the center was so busy by the way things moved along
Very clean and comforting, a very safe environment. Strengths were they [Fertility Center of Michigan] explained who to talk to about billing or medical needs, gave us all our resources and where to find them. Weakness is they didn’t provide many other resources-counseling, support etc. ... They were almost more helpful then dr Dodds. They didn’t rush us in the consultations and throughly explained things. Very friendly and informative
He is very caring, and speaks like he is talking to a friend or family member. Something about His voice is calming and comforting. He also explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and in a way that doesn’t leave us with questions.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
We began with testing, and got this down right away, it was such a quick process which I appreciated. We started on meds and US monitoring right away. I was given a calendar to break things down. Each month was basically the same-meds, ultrasound and then IUI. Some times the meds didn’t work so then the dosage was changed for next month
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Very clean and comforting, a very safe environment. Strengths were they explained who to talk to about billing or medical needs, gave us all our resources and where to find them. Weakness is they didn’t provide many other resources-counseling, support etc. I know it exists but it wasn’t talked about much
Ultrasounds-$250 IUI-$700 Ovidrel-$100 Genetics testing-$500 We spent about $1400 in 7 months
We talked about it briefly but haven’t talked about it in detail quite yet
Grand Rapids

He [Dr. Dodds] was really personal, kind and was looking out for our best interest...I think he is very good and effective at what he does. He is kind and has a very good outlook. He is very knowledgeable and seemed like he could treat whatever we had. He always seemed hopeful which helped us. When choosing our course of action he made sure that we wouldn’t waste our time.
No procedures actually happen in the kalamazoo office [of The Fertility Center of Michigan]. We saw the doctor for original consults but haven’t seen him again. The nurses were not very compassionate but since this was the only clinic on this side of the state we stayed...I had multiple problems/ lots of pain and every time I talked to the nurses they were very dismissive. They weren’t kind and didn’t really seem to care about my feelings. With failed IUIs and cancelled cycles they weren’t compassionate at all.
Ask questions.
He was really personal, kind and was looking out for our best interest.
I don’t remember exactly. We did IU and was put on 50 mg of clomid. He wanted more than one egg for a better chance of fertilization. Then we would try IUI. If the sperm wash gave a decent number we would try again. If it didn’t we would be done.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
No procedures actually happen in the kalamazoo office. We saw the doctor for original consults but haven’t seen him again. The nurses were not very compassionate but since this was the only clinic on this side of the state we stayed
Kalamazoo
I was previously diagnosed with pcos ... He [Dr. Dodd] was kind and caring but also matter of fact. He is a pro life Christian doctor which I respect also. ... He was kind and genuine. I only met with him once so I can’t say much about him but my husband and I both liked him. ... I hope to see him again in the future for further treatment. ... Doctors don’t know everything and do not have magical powers so be patient.
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] are kind and informative, the office is nice and comfortable. Everything was tidy and clean and the recruit area always had the nicest ladies. They had a lurid full of different flavor options and nice furniture to sit on in the waiting room. Little things that make you feel more comfortable. ... [Nursing staff] Very nice kind people ...Cost were quite minimal but we do have insurance that covered some of it
He was kind and genuine. I only met with him once so I can’t say much about him but my husband and I both liked him. I hope to see him again in the future for further treatment. He is a pro-life Christian doctor that my doctor recommended seeing which I respect a lot. He explained everything matter of fact but was also kind and understanding.
Give it time. Doctors don’t know everything and do not have magical powers so be patient. Everyone is different.
He was kind and caring but also matter of fact. He is a pro life Christian doctor which I respect also.
I was previously diagnosed with pcos and was put on clomid to trigger ovulation and produce good eggs. I responded well to the medication but it didn’t end up working for three months. After that I needed a break, it was very stressful going through that.
Very nice kind people
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are kind and informative, the office is nice and comfortable. Everything was tidy and clean and the recruit area always had the nicest ladies. They had a lurid full of different flavor options and nice furniture to sit on in the waiting room. Little things that make you feel more comfortable.
Cost were quite minimal but we do have insurance that covered some of it
Grand Rapids

Dr. Dodds and the entire staff [the Fertility Center] is so caring and truly walk beside you during the whole journey...Dr. Dodds was the main doctor in charge of us. We had different doctors for the retrieval and transfer but all the doctors and staff were great to work with. It is not just a job ... it is their passion....They are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood.
They [The Fert Ctr - Grand Rapids are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood. The clinic is very professional and all works together like a very strong team...Sandy and all the nurses were very understanding of all our questions and took the time to really care for us.
Be ready for a journey full of ups and downs. Stay connected with your spouse and know that you are in the best medical practice you can be in.
Dr. Dodds and the entire staff is so caring and truly walk beside you during the whole journey.
IVF shots (especially Gonal F) Retrieval Surgery Transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy )
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are very clean and organized. We hardly ever had to wait long at all for appointments. They took time to meet with us after each appointment and made sure we understood. The clinic is very professional and all works together like a very strong team.
Cost for surgery, transfer, meds, dr appointments, ultrasounds, bloodwork
Grand Rapids

From the moment we met Dr. Dodds, he listened to our story, asked questions and supported us. He was very patient with our question.... Initially, we did clomid with scheduled ultrasounds. Then we did that again with Ovidrel shot. Then after that we did both of those things and added in IUI. The next cycle we will be doing more injections.... Dr. Dodds truly cares about his patients and wants to help people with infertility.
The staff [at the Fertility Center of MI-Grand Rapids] is all very knowledgeable, compassionate and positive. We would suggest that in the beginning everythinginclyding terms, plan and procedures are all new to you so it would be a good idea to have a phone call or visit after initial consult.... All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and listen to you. They never rushed us or didn’t explain things.
Dr. Dodds truly cares about his patients and wants to help people with infertility. You see his medical knowledge paired with his genuine concern for his patients. We completely trust him and his advice.
We would suggest to write up a timeline if their own infertility. It will help paint a picture for the doctor and more quickly develop a plan.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The staff is all very knowledgeable, compassionate and positive. We would suggest that in the beginning everythinginclyding terms, plan and procedures are all new to you so it would be a good idea to have a phone call or visit after initial consult.
We have very good health insurance. Typically, we paid our copay For Ovidrel shot it was about $65.00. Injection medications we will start soon with cost around $600.
This does not apply to us.

2012 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. William Dodds] is very kind and remembered us from before and seemed genuinely interested in our care and results...Caring and knowledgeable also understanding and good humor. He got me a juice box because I was disappointed that there wasn't a recovery time anymore I was disappointed not to get waited on and a juice I was hormonal. And he went out of his way to make me feel better and make a happy memorable experience when I conceived my son
Most of the time they [the nurses at The Fertility Center of Michigan] had a good answer for even silly questions I never felt embarrassed even describing bleeding or discharge they made it all seem normal...Could use more counselors and ways to connect...I think they are kind and professional for the most part should have billing associated meet with new people in person...They want to do two [embryo transfer] but for next time I really want to try 3
Choice him he is great and he will help you have a family
He is very kind and remembered us from before and seemed genuinely interested in our care and results
We had really high chance of success because male infertility but he suggested urine scratch and that worked
Most of the time they had a good answer for even silly questions I never felt embarrassed even describing bleeding or discharge they made it all seem normal
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Could use more counselors and ways to connect. Also could use some toys in waiting room for toddlers and children. I think they are kind and professional for the most part should have billing associated meet with new people in person
They want to do two but for next time I really want to try 3y remaining embryos

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr Dodds is an excellent physician. He is relatable and has been so instrumental in helping us grow our family. He is kind and patient and takes the time necessary to make sure we understood what was happening. After each of our IVF/Frozen embryo cycles, he called us personally to go over the results (3 positives and one negative)... He gave advice with statements like "if you were my daughter...."
I like how they have multiple locations. This is even better now that they have computerized charting and don't have to send your chart all over the place. The staff is friendly and it is fairly easy to get ahold of who you need to when you call (nurse, billing, scheduling, etc)... Overall, I was very impressed with the nursing staff... I do not remember for sure, but I think my fresh IVF with meds, labs, etc cost about 8K and my frozen transfers with labs, meds, etc we're around 5K
He is a smart man. His plan worked to grow our family and I hope it will work for you too.
He gave advice with statements like "if you were my daughter...."
I did three rounds of injections for timed intercourse. These were not successful as I either did not produce large enough follicles or I produced too many follicles. We then moved on to IVF. I produced many many eggs. I think between 25 and 40 eggs were retrieved. Per our request, only 6 we're fertilized through ICSI, 12 were frozen, and the rest we're not high quality enough to use. I had a fresh transfer of 2 embryos and the other 4 were frozen through cryopreservation. I because pregnant with twins through the fresh transfer, but lost them at 22 weeks gestation to an incompetent cervix. I got pregnant through frozen embryo transfer of 1 embryo with 2 year old son. Then I did not become pregnant with a second frozen embryo transfer of one embryo. Then I became pregnant with our third frozen embryo transfer of one embryo with my 5 month old daughter. In about a year, we plan to go back for our sixth and final embryo. We most likely will not need to use my frozen eggs as we've had so much success with our embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie Sokolow )
Julie Sokolow was a bit quirky and the primary for my fresh IVF cycle. Some of the things she said to me it was obvious that she had said them a million times before.... rattling off lists etc. It was hard to keep up with as it was my first time hearing that information. I worked with a different Julie for my frozen transfers and she seemed much more kind and understanding. Also, it was easier for me to understand what was going on with her. Maybe because she was better at explaining and maybe because it was not my first time going through everything. Overall, I was very impressed with the nursing staff
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Dr. Dodds said for my age and the health of my embryos he would be willing to transfer 1 or 2. We agreed with him and his logic.
Grand Rapids
Dr. Dodds is a fantastic human and doctor. He is caring and gentle, yet professional and determined. He always treated us with respect. We always felt comfortable and well taken care of. Dr. Dodds and my husband got along very well wehich put my husband at ease with every step of our journey.... Due to my age (36), Dr. Dodds was comfortable transferring up to 2 embryos. We only retrieved 2 and both fertilized, so as a team, we decided to transfer both,
Overall the clinic [Fertility Center of Michigan] is very professional yet personal. It's a positive, caring place to be. We were impressed with all doctors, nurses, and staff. We were thankful for privacy, personalization of treatments/plans, and everyone working together to help us build our family.... IUIs cost $500. IVF monitoring, retrieval, fertilization, and transfer cost approx 7k-10k total. Medication was additional but thankfully my insurance covered the cost of medication.
Dr. Dodds is a fantastic human and doctor. He is caring and gentle, yet professional and determined. He always treated us with respect. We always felt comfortable and well taken care of. Dr. Dodds and my husband got along very well wehich put my husband at ease with every step of our journey. We both trust Dr. Dodds completely.
Get ready for take off! Once a plan is in place Dr. Dodds, makes things happen.
Dr. Dodds is carrying & kind, yet straightforward & determined to make families happen. He is efficient. He is professional. He is humorous and very easy to get along with. He cares about us as people and future parents!
All of the nurses were worked with were professional and kind. They were compassionate and took time with us. They answered all of our questions and always made us feel supported.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Overall the clinic is very professional yet personal. It's a positive, caring place to be. We were impressed with all doctors, nurses, and staff. We were thankful for privacy, personalization of treatments/plans, and everyone working together to help us build our family.
Due to my age (36), Dr. Dodds was comfortable transferring up to 2 embryos. We only retrieved 2 and both fertilized, so as a team, we decided to transfer both, which resulted in b/g twins! Dr. Dodds was very clear about the possibilities of twins+ in transferring 2 embryos. We're thankful we did!
Grand Rapids

Dr Dodd always answered all my questions that my husband or I may have had. He was good about making sure he would tell us in a way we would understand everything outside of medical terminology. He didn’t wait around and make me go through anymore IUIs or testing after I had seen over providers ... I have tried a lot. I have done clomid with out observation and with ovulation observations/IUI. I have don’t 2 rounds of IVF only one egg retrieval. My meds where gonal f, Menopur, certotide, progesterone. I had 3 shots I did a day. When I had my retrieval I ended up getting 11 good eggs
When I would go to check in the reception always knew my name. My nurse always had empathy and they all cared about my feelings and made sure I understood every step of the process ... You will have to go to Grand Rapids [The Fertility Center of Michigan] for some care of you are seen in Kalamazoo. Everyone is very nice in both offices. The Kalamazoo office does have short office hours but if you have to be seen the Grand Rapids office will get you in. ... She always called me back, answered all my questions completely and made sure I understood. When my first IVF round didn’t work she was very compassionate
He cares about his patients, he will listen to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
You will have to go to Grand Rapids for some care of you are seen in Kalamazoo. Everyone is very nice in both offices. The Kalamazoo office does have short office hours but if you have to be seen the Grand Rapids office will get you in.
Around $14,000 that’s was over 2 years. 2 IUIs, I egg retrieval and 2 IVF cycles
Kalamazoo

We ran intona couple roadblocks on our way to the IUI, and Dr. Dodds called us personally to make sure we felt supported as we navigated the roadblock. He spoke to us in a friendly manner, and we really felt he was trying to connect with us. ... He talked us through the procedure and the process of picking a donor. He was open to us using a donor known to us but explained the difficulties of that route in plain terms. His advice helped us decide what route to take. He empathized with us when we had a setback, and he always made us feel comfortable
A comfortable setting, nice staff [at The Fertility Center of Michigan], they're wonderful at keeping things private, everyone seems to be rooting for you and for success in your procedures. The doctors work well with communicating with each other if something is not their specialty, just wonderful people! ... The costs were what we expected, and were explained to us in detail. ...
Trust him!
Femara and an injection prior to the IUI. It was recommended because it increased the chances of success, and it worked for us!
They were empathetic and kind and not judgemental
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
A comfortable setting, nice staff, they're wonderful at keeping things private, everyone seems to be rooting for you and for success in your procedures. The doctors work well with communicating with each other if something is not their specialty, just wonderful people!
The costs were what we expected, and were explained to us in detail.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Dodds is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. Sometimes I feel he is spread thin but when you are meeting with him he is full of honest feedback, compassion, and makes you feel at ease about whatever choices you make... Dr. Dodds discounted our next IVF if we chose to do it.
During our first IUI [at The Fertility Center of Michigan] we had my husband's sperm checked. We did 2 more IUI's not knowing that his morphology and counts were low. We figured they didn't say anything, so it must be fine...We wanted to thaw enough eggs to fertilize three. We got a call saying they had to thaw all 16 of our eggs, and 14 did not survive the freeze/thaw. Two were ICSI and only one fertilized. By day two they transferred that one, but it did not look great...
Write down questions and don't be afraid to ask for more details if you want more. Don't be afraid to call and ask questions in between visits, or for clarification.
The Kalamazoo office is small and personal. They write your name on the screen when you have ultrasounds. You see the same nurse each time (pending emergency exceptions). The GR office enters you as a number, and you see new nurses and each time (not entirely bad, but just the way it was).
When we first started seeing Dr. Dodds, we had no idea why we weren't conceiving. It had been 4-5 years of unprotected and later timed sex. At my normal OB/GYN we checked my fallopian tubes with dye for any blockages, and my husband had his sperm specimen looked at. All looked good, so he referred us to Dr. Dodds. We started out with getting blood tests to look for causes and mine all came back normal. I started taking oral pills, femara, and timed coitus for two cycles. Third cycle I started injectables (Follistim 75, cycle days 5-11) and created 4 follicles. We had an IUI and used vaginal progesterone. That did not work for us either. During the IUI we elected to have Husband's sperm looked at again. Nearly a month after our failed IUI I called and asked what his results were. We found out his count was low and he had a 1% morphology. I wish they would have told us that sooner. We did 2 more rounds of injectables (follistim 75, and 100) with IUI. We used Ovidrel and progesterone during those two as well. Finally after 8 months of failed pregnancy test we saw Dr. Dodds again and went over our plan. Apparently with Husband's counts and morphology we only had a 3% chance of success doing the past treatments. I wish we would have known that, we probably wouldn't have continued doing IUI's. Dr. suggested we go see a urologist and consider IVF. Husband went to urologist and found out he has varicocele veins in one testicle. We elected to have surgery to help with that and he began taking Clomid to boost his testosterone level. 3-4 months after his surgery and taking Clomid his counts and morphology were up in normal ranges. We tried naturally for 6 months. IVF #1 began with birth control pills, vitamins and giving up coffee. Our insurance covered some of the medicines for IUI but not any for IVF. My stim cycle consisted of 75 Menopur and 75 Follistim. Once my follicles got to a certain size we used Ganirelix to prevent early ovulation. We used hCG and Lupron to trigger. I had 25 eggs retrieved, 19 were mature, we chose to do ICSI to three of them and froze the rest of the eggs. All three fertilized. 1 arrested after day 1, 2 made it to day 2 and were transferred. Progesterone shot up until pregnancy test. Negative Pregnancy test. We decided to try to thaw some of our eggs and fertilize them. We had 16 frozen and they were frozen in vials of 3. A frozen transfer involves Lupron (SQ), progesterone, and estrace. We wanted to thaw enough eggs to fertilize three. We got a call saying they had to thaw all 16 of our eggs, and 14 did not survive the freeze/thaw. Two were ICSI and only one fertilized. By day two they transferred that one, but it did not look great. :( Negative pregnancy test. That brings us to current times. Due to the shocking egg dilemma, Dr. Dodds discounted our next IVF if we chose to do it. There is no way we could afford to do it again at full price. Husband's morphology went from 1% to 6% after his surgery so we chose to do 6 months of Femara and timed coitus. 6 negative pregnancy tests. That brings us to now. We are on IVF #2 where Dr. Dodds decided to try to stimulate me less, creating less, but hopefully better quality eggs. He also encouraged that we fertilized all of them, because fertilized eggs have a better chance of surviving in the freezer than do eggs alone. We started with birth control to regulate me. Then we stimmed with 75 Menopur, 75 Follistim. I used cetrotide to prevent premature ovulation and triggered with Lupron and hCG. At egg retrieval they retrieved 11 eggs. 3 were immature, 1 had a broken zona, and 7 were mature. 7 ICSI, 4 fertilized. We are going to day 5 so will continue to get updates. Tomorrow is day 2. I obviously do not have very high quality eggs, but we hope all four of these lovely fertilized eggs make it to day 5 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie Sokolow)
Before IVF, during my first five cycles of pills, timed coitus, injectables, and IUI's I had two nurses that handled my care. They were both attentive and had different personalities. One was warmer than the other. When I began IVF I was assigned an IVF nurse practitioner, Julie S. She is great. At first she comes off as unemotional or cold, but she is really just focused on your care. By the end she is all hugs and honesty. She never makes you feel stupid if you forget a direction and have to call her back. You will have her direct phone number and she is great at calling you back. She will make sure to contact you and get you directions, and never minds returning phone calls. The only downside is having to go to GR on days that Kalamazoo is not open.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinics strengths are multiple locations. A weakness is that sometimes I feel like I can get lost in all the hussle and bustle. I have had residents training on me instead of a doctor (always with my permission), and sometimes I feel like a direction gets passed and the follow through may have been missed. I hate having to explain what the doctor told me to the nurse or the billing department.
IUI's were about 450$ (sperm isolation and prep, and IUI). Freezing sperm 400$. 8,000-14,000$ for IVF (medications, appointments, bloodwork, egg retrieval, lab work, ICSI, crypo...) 400$ anesthesia.
My doctor's goal is to give you one, healthy, chubby baby. With that said he was not overly pushy with either single or multiple. We discussed my options and came to a fair agreement based on my age, quality of embryos, and past treatments.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
During our first IUI we had my husband's sperm checked. We did 2 more IUI's not knowing that his morphology and counts were low. We figured they didn't say anything, so it must be fine (shame on us, and may have been some wishful thinking). Had we known that result we may have forgone the next two IUI's knowing how unlikely they were to succeed with those numbers.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
What we did expect was for him [Dr. Dodds] to do his job as far as explaining our course of treatment, answering any questions we had, and helping us feel comfortable with our journey, and he accomplished all of that. He was very warm and had great bedside manner for both our egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Even my husband said, "I like him. He's a good doctor."... there have also been times where he truly is patient with questions we have and he sits and answers all of them. We never felt rushed or like he didn't have the time for us.
I think The Fertility Center's biggest strength is definitely the staff. From the front desk through checkout, they are friendly and helpful! It is also a very clean and updated facility. I think a weakness would be billing. It's confusing and not always explained well...The 4 main nurses that we saw were Sandy, Amy, Ashley and Shana. They were all amazing! I appreciated so much that they cared about me as a person and not just another patient. Shana did my ultrasounds, Amy and Ashley met with me after each ultrasound to help me understand my next steps and Sandy helped with my egg retrieval.
We were very happy. We understand that it's a busy clinic and he sees many patients so we weren't expecting to feel like we were the only ones there because, let's be honest, that's not realistic. What we did expect was for him to do his job as far as explaining our course of treatment, answering any questions we had, and helping us feel comfortable with our journey, and he accomplished all of that. He was very warm and had great bedside manner for both our egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Even my husband said, "I like him. He's a good doctor." Which my hubby is typically a go with the follow type guy so I was happy to hear that from him! Overall we have been very happy with our treatment from Dr. Dodds so far!
Have questions ready to ask, he is always willing to take the time to answer them and make you feel as comfortable as you can. Also, understand he is human, he is not perfect, but he absolutely cares about his patients.
There have been a couple times where my husband and I have felt that he says something to us that "he probably says to everyone." However, there have also been times where he truly is patient with questions we have and he sits and answers all of them. We never felt rushed or like he didn't have the time for us.
Our process went fairly smooth, but I appreciated that they carefully monitored my Estradiol and Progesterone levels as we were doing our follicle stimulating hormone injections. At one point my dosage was lowered and that made me feel confident that it was being carefully monitored. I am sure that this is a protocol for most clinics, but it was just one more thing that gave me added security going through it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Sandy, Amy, Ashley, Shana )
The 4 main nurses that we saw were Sandy, Amy, Ashley and Shana. They were all amazing! I appreciated so much that they cared about me as a person and not just another patient. Shana did my ultrasounds, Amy and Ashley met with me after each ultrasound to help me understand my next steps and Sandy helped with my egg retrieval. They all went above and beyond making me feel comfortable and confident in my treatment.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
I think The Fertility Center's biggest strength is definitely the staff. From the front desk through checkout, they are friendly and helpful! It is also a very clean and updated facility. I think a weakness would be billing. It's confusing and not always explained well. Definitely remember to be your own advocate and make sure that your bills are what you were expecting. If not, ask questions!!
Including our initial appt to discuss treatment options, my husbands sperm extraction, my preliminary testing, hysteroscopy surgery, multiple ultrasounds, injections/medications, retrieval, transfer, and embryo storage fees we have probably spent close to $20,000 at this point.
I appreciate that Dr. Dodds allowed us to make most of our decisions. I never felt like we were being questioned or steered in a different direction than what we wanted. He allowed us to make the decision to transfer 2 embryos.

2013 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Dodds is amazing. At first he can seem a bit cold/impersonal, but if you enjoy someone who is blunt but compassionate, he's the doctor for you. And if you fall into the category of "long time" patients, he will become your best ally and an amazing support system...Dr. Dodds is invested in his patients' successes. He's willing to think outside the box and explore alternative treatment options when the first few fail...PCOS patient- used both an estrogen priming protocol (poor egg quality) and an agonist protocol.
The clinic [The Fertility Center] is small enough to keep it intimate and personal, but large enough that they're on the cutting edge of technology such as time lapse. My only complaint is their strong preference for day 2 transfers instead of blast culture...Only once did we have an issue, and it was because they had called the wrong patient so we were confused when they told us that our transfer was several days earlier than it should have been.
Give him time. He's amazing once you get to know him.
PCOS patient- used both an estrogen priming protocol (poor egg quality) and an agonist protocol. Once we moved on to FETs exclusively, we added in the resistant uterine protocol, and eventually some stronger immune treatments (IV lipids, high dose steroids, injectable blood thinners) since we couldn't pinpoint a cause for our recurrent losses.
Everyone on the nursing staff is amazing. They held us as we cried after every loss, and celebrated with us the day we finally graduated to our OB with our rainbow pregnancy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The clinic is small enough to keep it intimate and personal, but large enough that they're on the cutting edge of technology such as time lapse. My only complaint is their strong preference for day 2 transfers instead of blast culture.
Their costs are listed on their website. Over the course of 5 years, we spent close to $40,000 between IUI cycles, 2 IVF retrievals, 4 frozen transfers, and 2 donor embryo IVF cycles.
Dr. Dodds strongly advocated for eSET since it does not impact live birth rate, but decreases your risk of multiples.
Grand Rapids

Fertility is serious but Dr. Dodds is able to lighten the mood and make you feel at ease. He genuinely cares about your success...not only did we have a great egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and successful pregnancy with Dr. Dodds but I felt great about it the entire time. I knew that he was doing the best he could for use to ensure success. I like being able to joke around with someone and feel like a friend rather than having a stuffy doctor!
They [The Fertility Center of Michigan] sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy more than once...IVF at the clinic cost about $8000 not including medication...is great but make sure you are your own advocate. They do these procedures and do these appointments every day - I think sometimes the staff forgets that it might be your first appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions - everyone's more than happy to help...
Dr. Dodds is amazing. He has a great personality. Fertility is serious but Dr. Dodds is able to lighten the mood and make you feel at ease. He genuinely cares about your success. I had a great experience with Dr. Dodds - not only did we have a great egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and successful pregnancy with Dr. Dodds but I felt great about it the entire time. I knew that he was doing the best he could for use to ensure success. I like being able to joke around with someone and feel like a friend rather than having a stuffy doctor!
I know that fertility is very serious and for some people it's not a joking matter. For us, we had been trying to conceiver for 2 years before we saw Dr. Dodds for IVF. We had been through the ringer with lots of failures and it was just our life at the time and we wanted to be able to talk and joke with someone and make it not so serious. IVF is HARD - might as well try and make it somewhat enjoyable!
Super friendly and helpful. He is a genuine nice guy who cares about your success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
All of the nurses at the Fertility Center are great! They treat you like a friend and care about your success.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
The Fertility Center is great but make sure you are your own advocate. They do these procedures and do these appointments every day - I think sometimes the staff forgets that it might be your first appointment. Don't be afraid to ask questions - everyone's more than happy to help.
IVF at the clinic cost about $8000 not including medication.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
They sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy more than once.

2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Dodds] took the time to deeply explain things in ways that we could here. I appreciated that he didn’t speak in absolutes like other doctors who told us we would never get pregnant on our own—which we did we just miscarried. He instead explained our odds and what he recommended based on our aged and his knowledge and our factors. ... Meeting directly with Dr Dodd’s was very helpful, supportive, and informative
Some really great staff [Fertility Center of Michigan] and some just ok. You do end up feeling a bit like a number due to volume. ... I didn’t love having whatever doc was on whatever day for retrievals and consults. ... They don’t really push or recommend PGS testing and suggest three or four embryos to transfer given my age over 40. We transferred 3 and had a singleton and have 4 embryos remaining
He took the time to deeply explain things in ways that we could here. I appreciated that he didn’t speak in absolutes like other doctors who told us we would never get pregnant on our own—which we did we just miscarried. He instead explained our odds and what he recommended based on our aged and his knowledge and our factors.
Bring all your questions to your appointment as you won’t have many with him.
Meeting directly with Dr Dodd’s was very helpful, supportive, and informative and when he called with results and information it was fantastic but the majority of things are handled by his nurses. Truly when doing IUI you don’t see or hear from the docs much at all and that improves some with IVF. The nurses are mostly great but it feels like the clinic is super busy and not able to handle all the patients.
Yikes I don’t remember the protocol except I was in a ton of Gonal F.
Sandy was amazing and absolutely was the reason we made it through the process. Jennifer was also fantastic as her back up. We wouldn’t have our son without Sandy.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Some really great staff and some just ok. You do end up feeling a bit like a number due to volume. The end results were excellent. I didn’t love having whatever doc was on whatever day for retrievals and consults.
They were laid out and totaled with meds around $15,000 for IVF
They don’t really push or recommend PGS testing and suggest three or four embryos to transfer given my age over 40. We transferred 3 and had a singleton and have 4 embryos remaining.
What specific things went wrong at The Fertility Center of Michigan?
Some trouble with getting meds called into mail order pharmacies and some calling back and forth for results.
2013 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Dodds is always friendly and compassionate. He will not sugar-coat anything and will make sure you understand what will happen. It is clear that he wants you to succeed. He sometimes talks very fast and about clinical/medical things that are over your head, but he is very passionate about what he does....Don't be afraid to ask questions and tell him to slow down if you don't understand something....After 5 failed IUIs (using Clomid or Femara), we chose to go ahead with IVF to increase our chances.
They [The Fert Ctr- Grand Rapids] are one of the cheaper IVF clinics, but this is because they do two-day embryo transfers and very little monitoring. They have a small staff of only 3-4 doctors, so it is sometimes difficult to get on the schedule. They also produce a lot of twin pregnancies as they recommend transferring two embryos....At least once we had to call the nurse line to have them send a prescription that they said they called in.
Dodds is always personable and doesn't just talk medical stuff.
After 5 failed IUIs (using Clomid or Femara), we chose to go ahead with IVF to increase our chances. Thebfresh transfer failed. The FET resulted in a blighted ovum. There are no known fertility issues.
They are always friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
They are one of the cheaper IVF clinics, but this is because they do two-day embryo transfers and very little monitoring. They have a small staff of only 3-4 doctors, so it is sometimes difficult to get on the schedule. They also produce a lot of twin pregnancies as they recommend transferring two embryos.
Over $30,000 so far
They recommend transferring two two-day embryos. They have a high result of twins because of this. We know several couples personally who have twins from this practice who have no known fertility issues (lesbian couples) and are not advanced maternal age. The clinic doesn't normally grown embryos to day five, with the theory that the embryos do better the sooner you transfer them back. These strategies seem to help with cost saving more than actual outcomes.
Grand Rapids
Dr.Dodds gave us pretty tragic news, we couldn't conceive on our own(due to me having hydrosalpinx). How he told us changed everything, he was very sympathetic and apologetic. He told us our options, and explained everything thoroughly to us....Dr.Dodds even explained the financial side and how to apply for grants. He didn't leave us in the dark at any time.... I had to go to Grand Rapids and see Dr.Shavell (equally as compassionate and amazing) to have the dye test done.
I honestly feel that the entire staff at the Fertility Center, is amazing. I didn't have a single bad experience, and I feel everyone was rooting for us the entire time. They make a great team....They are on top of everything, very thorough and also very compassionate. Prompt call backs, and great at being abled to work around erratic schedules. I can't think of any "weaknesses" as I had a great experience with the center itself.
I personally wouldn't see myself going anywhere else. It takes a special kind of person to be so caring, when they don't have to be. Even though we couldn't afford to go through with IVF, Dr.Dodds even explained the financial side and how to apply for grants. He didn't leave us in the dark at any time.
Tell your doctor everything. There are all types of reasons why conceiving could not happen right away. It may be something minute.
My husband and I both had our fertility tested. I had to go to Grand Rapids and see Dr.Shavell (equally as compassionate and amazing) to have the dye test done. She explained to me what to expect, and helped coach my breathing through the process. She also explained everything that was going to happen right before it did.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Because I was being tested for fertility, my insurance covered everything. I also had to have reproductive surgery (burned tubes) that was also covered by insurance, my out of pocket was covered. Dr.Dodds explained how to apply for grants to do ivf, both for the Fertility Center and outside of.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Limited amount of time was spent face to face. If we wanted to schedule a consult there was an extra fee. Majority of communication was with nurses. Only saw Dodds briefly on the day of retrieval. He did not know the plan to freeze all embryos until he read my chart in the room before the retrieval....Dr. Dodds did not remember specifics to my case. Always had to refer to my chart....Birth control for 3 weeks Gonal f and menopur for stims Lupron and Hcg for trigger Fresh cycle was cancelled due to high progesterone, switched to a frozen cycle.
Location is close to our house. Clinic [The Fertility Center] is clean. Usually flexible with scheduling and will return calls promptly. Appreciate free counseling service...[Nurse] Julie is very blunt and not very warm or friendly....Limited amount of time was spent face to face. If we wanted to schedule a consult there was an extra fee. Majority of communication was with nurses. Only saw Dodds briefly on the day of retrieval...$14,000 [cost of treatment]
Ask all the questions you can when you have the chance.
Birth control for 3 weeks Gonal f and menopur for stims Lupron and Hcg for trigger Fresh cycle was cancelled due to high progesterone, switched to a frozen cycle. We are waiting to hear how many eggs fertilized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at The Fertility Center of Michigan. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie is very blunt and not very warm or friendly.
Describe your experience with The Fertility Center of Michigan.
Location is close to our house. Clinic is clean. Usually flexible with scheduling and will return calls promptly. Appreciate free counseling service.
He waffled between one and two at our first meeting. Then our nurse said he recommended two, never heard the rational behind his decision.