William Dodson

Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolTemple
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipDuke
Hershey
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Dodson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Hershey Medical Center (Penn State) to a friend?
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Dodson spoke to me about myself instead of about my case. He tailored treatments to me and to what I wanted. He understood that I wanted to understand as much as I could about it... He was understanding about my feelings and emotions and he included me and my husband in all decisions. He really has done his research and has so much experience in this field...We did some testing of my husband first and determined that he did have very low count but rather than trying to determine why he had low count, we just went straight forward with IVF that we didn't waste any more time. We almost held back on the transfer because I was so close to hyperstimulated, but they backed my medicine up a little bit so that I would not hyper stimulate.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Dr. Dodson knew that I was devastated from our previous attempts in State College and our unsuccessful IUI. He was understanding about my feelings and emotions and he included me and my husband in all decisions. He really has done his research and has so much experience in this field.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Tresses expertise but also advocated for yourself. Don't wait too long.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Dr. Dodson spoke to me about myself instead of about my case. He tailored treatments to me and to what I wanted. He understood that I wanted to understand as much as I could about it. When our first transfer resulted in me losing the embryos before I even could get a positive pregnancy test they hugged me and cried with me.
Describe the protocols William Dodson used in your cycles at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State). (Assigned nurse: Joni and Jess)
Both of the nurses were very communicative and held me and hugged me when I was crying. I was able to talk to them very often and could call them all the way from State College when I was having questions or problems.
Describe your experience with Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
Use the nurses as much as you can because they have so much knowledge and compassion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
It was pretty expensive but they had a program where if you did not have insurance to cover it then you would get a 30% discount. We are still paying it off but they are very nice about it.
Describe William Dodson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
He would transfer one or two embryos but that was all that he wanted to do too keep the baby and me safe. I was okay with that and would only ever want to transfer 2 anyway.
William Dodson
Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)
Hershey