Medical SchoolTemple
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipDuke
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Dodson to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 33%Don't recommend: 67%4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Hershey Medical Center (Penn State) to a friend?
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Dodson spoke to me about myself instead of about my case. He tailored treatments to me and to what I wanted. He understood that I wanted to understand as much as I could about it... He was understanding about my feelings and emotions and he included me and my husband in all decisions. He really has done his research and has so much experience in this field...We did some testing of my husband first and determined that he did have very low count but rather than trying to determine why he had low count, we just went straight forward with IVF that we didn't waste any more time. We almost held back on the transfer because I was so close to hyperstimulated, but they backed my medicine up a little bit so that I would not hyper stimulate.
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Dr. Dodson knew that I was devastated from our previous attempts in State College and our unsuccessful IUI. He was understanding about my feelings and emotions and he included me and my husband in all decisions. He really has done his research and has so much experience in this field.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Tresses expertise but also advocated for yourself. Don't wait too long.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State)?
Dr. Dodson spoke to me about myself instead of about my case. He tailored treatments to me and to what I wanted. He understood that I wanted to understand as much as I could about it. When our first transfer resulted in me losing the embryos before I even could get a positive pregnancy test they hugged me and cried with me.
Describe the protocols William Dodson used in your cycles at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State). (Assigned nurse: Joni and Jess)
Both of the nurses were very communicative and held me and hugged me when I was crying. I was able to talk to them very often and could call them all the way from State College when I was having questions or problems.
Describe your experience with Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
Use the nurses as much as you can because they have so much knowledge and compassion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
It was pretty expensive but they had a program where if you did not have insurance to cover it then you would get a 30% discount. We are still paying it off but they are very nice about it.
Describe William Dodson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
He would transfer one or two embryos but that was all that he wanted to do too keep the baby and me safe. I was okay with that and would only ever want to transfer 2 anyway.
Hershey

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Dodson at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. William Dodson] was kind to me while under his care, but was aloof when he made the phone call to tell me our pregnancy test was negative...has many years of experience and works by the book which is good because as emotional patients, we need his honesty. But when it came to him telling us that our test was negative...there was no closure or suggestion of next steps...Don’t expect to have small talk or be comforted when you are crying.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Dodson has many years of experience and works by the book which is good because as emotional patients, we need his honesty. But when it came to him telling us that our test was negative and there wasn’t anything we did wrong, there was no closure or suggestion of next steps.
Don’t expect to have small talk or be comforted when you are crying.
He was kind to me while under his care, but was aloof when he made the phone call to tell me our pregnancy test was negative.
Joni and Jamie were amazing. They were compassionate and kind.
Describe your experience with Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
Talk with financial services before you do anything. The clinic staff did not seem to be in agreement with how much self pay patients were to pay each time. The girls at the front desk were super nice.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Hershey Medical Center (Penn State).
It was a well-oiled machine, we went in and our paperwork was ready. Our paperwork was placed in the in based on time of arrival.
We were quoted $13,000; however, we paid over $17,000.
He told us it would be a game day decision on how many embryos to implant.