9.7

William Kutteh works at

80 Humphreys Center
Memphis, TN 38120
901-747-2229

If you want / need a no-nonsense, direct doctor, William Kutteh is your man. Dr. Kutteh's research and theory backs up his successful practice. ... He spends the better part of our consultations citing numbers, calculating probabilities, and sketching graphs to illustrate the stakes and likely outcomes of our treatment. ... Ultimately, we've come to accept his lack of warmth, because we have faith in his expertise and the quality of his clinic and lab.
Because Memphis Fertility Associates is one of the only fertility clinics in the city, it is very busy, and wait times are long. Getting an appointment is difficult, and It can often be difficult to fit visits into our busy work days. The administrative staff are very friendly and welcoming. ... Dr. Kutteh's nurse, Michelle, is always very prompt about returning calls. She has also administered both our IUIs. Her demeanor is professional, although not particularly warm.
How was your experience with William Kutteh at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Dr. Kutteh is very knowledgeable, and he shares that knowledge (including detailed statistics) with his patients. He is candid and, during each of our three appointments with him, he has given us a good deal of his time (approximately one hour per visit). He is realistic about expectations, and frank about when and why to proceed with specific treatments. Our only complaint is that he does not have a particularly warm "bedside manner"--not strictly necessary, though it would be nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Kutteh at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
If you want / need a no-nonsense, direct doctor, William Kutteh is your man. Dr. Kutteh's research and theory backs up his successful practice. However, if you prefer a warmer approach, then one of the other doctors at Memphis Fertility Associates might be a better fit (Drs. Ke, Bailey, and Brezina).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Kutteh at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Dr. Kutteh is clearly very knowledgeable, yet his focus is very much on statistics and cutting-edge research. He spends the better part of our consultations citing numbers, calculating probabilities, and sketching graphs to illustrate the stakes and likely outcomes of our treatment. (My wife jokes that during our sessions, he's looking at her and seeing numbers and symbols.) Of course, we understand that this is a necessary part of managing expectations. However, some acknowledgement of the emotional and psychological toll that this process can take would not be misplaced. Ultimately, we've come to accept his lack of warmth, because we have faith in his expertise and the quality of his clinic and lab.
Describe the protocols William Kutteh used in your cycles at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
Full blood panel, after which Dr. Kutteh put my wife on daily Levothyroxin and vitamin D supplement. 1 cycle with 2.5mg of Letrozole on days 3-7, and trying naturally. 2 cycles with 2.5mg of Letrozole on days 3-7, and IUI administered by a nurse. We are now moving to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
Because Memphis Fertility Associates is one of the only fertility clinics in the city, it is very busy, and wait times are long. Getting an appointment is difficult, and It can often be difficult to fit visits into our busy work days. The administrative staff are very friendly and welcoming. They learned my wife's name early on, and greet her warmly by name at every visit. This may seem like a small thing, but this kindness goes a long way, especially as we have found this human touch to be lacking with our doctor and his nurse.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Kutteh at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
IUI cycles are about $550, plus medications and scans, if your insurance doesn't cover them (around $200). The cost of IVF is approximately $15,000 (including medications, procedures, and lab work). If you want extras, like genetic screening of embryos, it can add about $5,000 extra.
Memphis
I believe Dr. Kutteh is very smart and compassionate about his work and helping patients achieve their goal of getting pregnant. I was disappointed that when my 1st ivf cycle was canceled and changed to an IUI that he didn’t want to meet with myself and my husband to discuss a new plan and protocol. He did call me on the phone and we discussed it but I think that is something that needs to be done in person.
Overall their staff [at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates] is great. I’m not a huge fan of their front desk people but it’s not the end of the world. The people who draw your blood in the back are amazing and don’t seem to hurt at all. Their ultrasound techs are good too...My nurse is nice and I have spoken to one other nurse when mine was gone already and she was very nice too...I think we paid them close to 10,000 for our first cycle not including meds or what we would have paid for the retrieval or transfer since we didn’t get that far. The money we didnt use we have as a credit for our next cycle.
How was your experience with William Kutteh at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
You have to be your own advocate. Do your own research as well.
I believe in looking at numbers and sometimes myself I get caught up in the numbers because I am a nurse and you do spend so much time using numbers to help determine a plan of care but I also believe that doctors and nurses should be an advocate for your patient. I have a low amh and slightly high fsh and I believe they want to push donor eggs on me more than me trying to use my own eggs. I want a doctor who will tell me not to give up on having a baby with my own eggs until we exhausted all options. I am learning through this journey I have to be my own advocate.
My first ivf cycle I did 75 or menopur and 275 of gonol f. I made it to day 6 of stims when my cycle was changed to an IUI. They only found one follicle on my right ovary and the ultrasound tech said she couldn’t find my left ovary. (Which I have, it had never been removed). On day 6 my estrogen dropped and the said my progesterone was over one so they knew I would ovulate that follicle. I took the trigger shot at 5pm that night and the next day we went in for the IUI. When I finally talked to Dr. Kutteh over a week later he said he knew this was a possibility because of my numbers. We all knew going in to this I might not respond well. So this time we will be doing the Schoolcraft protocol with Lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
Overall their staff is great. I’m not a huge fan of their front desk people but it’s not the end of the world. The people who draw your blood in the back are amazing and don’t seem to hurt at all. Their ultrasound techs are good too.
Describe William Kutteh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
We haven’t made it to an egg retrieval yet but I do believe if the patient wants you to transfer two embryos then they should. The patient should be able to have a say in that decision.
2015 - 2018, Successful
I always appreciated his [Dr. William Kutteh] expertise in the field of recurrent pregnancy loss and infertility, so I felt like I was in good hands simply because of his vast knowledge... I appreciated his candidness at each stage of our fertility treatments. He was also willing to give us options and let us decide what treatment we wanted to do next. While he did not have the most comforting bedside manner, he was compassionate and understanding of my fears and feelings.
My nurse [at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates] ALWAYS called me back within an hour if I called her. She also always called to inform me of my next steps at every stage of our treatments...The overall cost for an IUI was $497, but that did not include ultrasounds. The cost for the entire IVF procedure was laid out in very clear terms. With the ultrasounds, procedures, doctor’s fees, and meds, ours cost around $15,000.
How was your experience with William Kutteh at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Dr. Kutteh is very knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated his candidness at each stage of our fertility treatments. He was also willing to give us options and let us decide what treatment we wanted to do next. While he did not have the most comforting bedside manner, he was compassionate and understanding of my fears and feelings. I always appreciated his expertise in the field of recurrent pregnancy loss and infertility, so I felt like I was in good hands simply because of his vast knowledge.
He is very factual and will thoroughly review your file at every visit. If there is anything that concerns you, just bring it up and he’ll listen and address it.
Dr. Kutteh, his nurse, and the ultrasound techs knew our case, our concerns, and were very thorough in making sure we felt heard and were informed about each decision we made.
IUI #1 - 2.5 mg Letrazole IUI #2 - 5 mg Letrazole IUI #3 - 5 mg Letrazole Egg Retrieval - 250ml Gonal-F, Cetratide, Lupron trigger shot, doxycycline, steroid Transfer - 75ml Progesterone in oil, 2 pills of Estradiol then up to 3, progesterone suppositories (all taken until 10 weeks of pregnancy), Valium (morning of transfer), “couch”rest for 24 hours
My nurse ALWAYS called me back within an hour if I called her. She also always called to inform me of my next steps at every stage of our treatments.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
The clinic will call ahead most of the time to let you know how much you owe at your next appointment. You will set up everything else through your nurse or at your appointment. You will have to wait to see the doctor for a while, but if you’re just there to get bloodwork or an ultrasound, then they will get you in and out quickly.
Dr. Kutteh advised us to use one embryo based on my age (31) and the quality and number of our day 5 blastocysts. We trusted him and didn’t want to have multiples.