Nurse available by email
19600 East 39th Street
Independence, KS 64131
12200 W 106 St
Overland Park, KS 66215
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Phipps to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7.2
5.9

6.4

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Resource Center to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I saw Dr. Phipps 2 years ago for an iui and initial diagnoses. I did not get pregnant and then my spouse and I took a break from treatment and returned this month. So far we have had an IVF consult, simple labs, a plan of treatment and a financial consult. So far he has been thorough, but not extremely personable. I believe he is talented and knows what he is doing, but just may not be the warmest person. He explains each detail, but sometimes uses vocabulary that needs to be explained. I feel comfortable moving forward with him.
2017 - 2019
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
Make sure to ask questions when you need to clarify information that may not make sense.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
He is very quiet and to the point, not extremely warm. He speaks very scientifically so you need to ask questions l.
Describe the protocols William Phipps used in your cycles at Reproductive Resource Center and their degree of success.
I have PCOS so IVF with ICSI and a frozen transfer was recommended to do a fear of OHSS. He explained why I’m at a higher risk and why frozen transfer would be the safest option. I have not started the medication process, but those details will come in a separate meeting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Margaret Vogt)
Margret has been amazing! She remembered us from two years ago, and had our complete history ready to go. She was empathetic and professional. She answered questions and explained throughly.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
The same staff was there that we saw 2 years ago. They got us in quickly, and are very prompt to respond. They always greet us with a smile and are prepared to answer questions. I really appreciated that they had all of our previous information at hand and we did not have to repeat a bunch of info.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center.
The quote we were given was between 18500 and 2200 depending on genetic testing. They also offered unifvy and attain multi cycle plans for more.
Describe William Phipps's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Resource Center.
They told me they almost always do a single embryo transfer. They said it is safer for me and there are less complications with a singleton pregnancy
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center.

Dr Phipps is very knowledgeable. He takes time to answer questions and explains everything throughly. He is not super warm/compassionate, but he is clear in his message and has a vast knowledge of reproduction. His high level of experience is important to me. I also appreciated how he always knew the specifics of my case.
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy from Dr Phipps, but do expect very professional and thorough.
They always took the time to answer our questions and we felt supported through the process.
For our first (and only) IUI, I took birth control first, then used Letrozole and had several monitoring appointments to check on progress before the IUI. Dr Phipps chose Letrozole based on my previous blood tests and my response to it versus my response to Clomid. For egg retrieval, we did what I think was a pretty standard protocol and started with birth control, then injectibles (Menupor and Gonal F) with several monitoring ultrasounds and blood tests. He adjusted my dose of Gonal F after one of my blood tests. We triggered with Leprolide and Novarel. At retrieval we got 29 eggs. 20 fertilized normally, 17 made it to the first stage and we ended up with 6 frozen embryos (4 AA and 2 BB). Dr Phipps let us decide if we wanted to do embryo testing and we did not elect to do that.
The nursing staff is amazing!!! They are compassionate and take time to answer questions or explain things that Dr Phipps has explained further. They respond to messages quickly and always seem to know my case. I never felt like they were in a rush or didn’t have time for me.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Love the RRC! Appointment times are legit- you don’t have to wait very long. They tell you what to expect. Even the front office staff are kind and supportive. The lab is super convenient because it’s connected. They get results back to you ASAP. The online portal system is so helpful, too.
Our consultation and IUI cost about $2000. Our IVF round cost $17,700 plus medication ($6000) but we paid a bit extra for a Univfy program in case we need a second egg retrieval or more than one transfer, then those costs would be covered (not including medication or hospital fees).

Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr Phipps is very knowledgeable and dedicated to his profession; however, his bedside manner is poor and demonstrates little ability to create personal connection or show compassion with something that is so emotionally and financially sensitive. However, his referral and patient success has superseded these things to my spouse and I.... Dr Phipps adjusted my medication after SHG that showed uterine polyps as well as my blood drawer numbers dropping. We will be complete frozen egg transfer with PGD and PGS.
Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
Trust his knowledge and rely on his staff.
There was no personal connection established. There to complete his job only.
I start injections this upcoming week. Dr Phipps adjusted my medication after SHG that showed uterine polyps as well as my blood drawer numbers dropping. We will be complete frozen egg transfer with PGD and PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Resource Center. (Assigned nurse: Marci Hodge)
Marci and her team have been excellent to work with including responding to emails and returning phone calls in a timely manner and explaining procedures.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Great front desk staff, great communication and overall very caring. The staff communicated well through their portal and were very knowledgeable. Our only complaint was with the financial coordinator who seemed very unorganized and pushy at times.
Approximately 15,000 down payment; at this point approximately 2,500 for medication; 1000 to hospital for surgery fee; 450 for anesthesia; shipping fee as well as $99 per embryo for genetic testing. This does not include fees for medication around time of implant or storage fees. Approximately $1000 in other misc fees for appointments.
I believe he talked about just one embryo transfer to reduce risk of complication.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Phipps and his team go out of your way to make you feel comfortable and supported...Dr Phipps did a good job of explaining everything to us. He is honest and upfront about everything that will happen. Sometimes his communication may not be the greatest, but he gets to the point. He doesn't sugarcoat things but also stays very positive while speaking...expect to be treated well but also be ready to ask questions. The more questions you ask the more you will get out of him.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
To expect to be treated well but also be ready to ask questions. The more questions you ask the more you will get out of him.
The nursing staff here is incredible. They go out of their way to make you feel like you are in the right place getting the care that you deserve. They are very compassionate and care about your overall well being. I can not say enough good things about this nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
This clinic is very professional in the way that things are done, but also don't treat you like a number. When things don't work out like they should, they are there as someone you can talk to and figure out the next step with. I appreciate the positive support of the doctors and staff at the clinic. You are always greeted with a friendly smile.
In Vitro (including all appointments, egg retrievel, ICSI, assisted hatching, fresh embryo transfer): Approximately $16000

PCOS, Other
Dr Phipps is great, not always the best communicator but over all very knowledgeable. One nurse on his staff is cold and uncaring, she set my expectation and when I had a miscarriage it provided false hope that my baby was ok. Moving forward her emails were short and cold.... If you want a warm and fuzzy feeling, this office is not the one. If you want straight shooters, this office is where to go
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with William Phipps at Reproductive Resource Center?
The responses to my emails were semi cold and not a lot of information has been provided for my process moving forward
The nurses were fantastic except for one, she comes off cold and uncaring. perhaps she has done this too long
Describe your experience with Reproductive Resource Center.
Strengths, the flexibility and quick processes. Weaknesses, slow responses to emails, there is very little content to emails and little guidance. You have to ask questions or they just assume you know
I had coverage so I was aware of the coverage due to my advocate through my coverage
Independence