Available by cell phone
FellowshipJohns Hopkins
833 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215.922.1556
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Schlaff to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Neutral: 50%9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Philadelphia to a friend?
Dr Schlaff took the time to get to know my partner and me and our long history with secondary infertility. He was able to provide insight into many of our unanswered questions from our prior IVF clinic and recommended we see his staff clinical psychologist prior to deciding if and how to proceed with treatment...Throughout my time with Dr. Schlaff, he called me personally multiple times to discuss results, provide updates, and offer support. He was always available to answer questions we had and was warm while also being direct. I felt that he and everyone else in the clinic got to know us throughout our treatment and were all in our corner the whole time.
How was your experience with William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia?
Strengths and weaknesses Dr. Schlaff was knowledgeable, compassionate, warm, and direct. He made several small adjustments during my cycle that I truly believe made a difference in our outcome, such as delaying our retrieval by two days to allow for more follicles to mature (resulting in a couple more eggs being retrieved than would have otherwise) and also delaying our FET because I had fluid in my uterus. He adjusted medications to reduce the fluid down to almost none by transfer day. I found him to be an excellent communicator and felt from the beginning that no matter the outcome, we would have been satisfied that we gave it one last try under his care. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Schlaff to anyone and can think of no weaknesses whatsoever.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia?
Do not hesitate to meet with him if you are thinking about undergoing fertility treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia?
Prior to being treated by Dr. Schlaff, I was seen at a different clinic where I rarely saw or spoke with my main physician and was seen by different doctors, nurses, and ultrasound techs at each visit. I was seen at this prior clinic over the course of two years for 4 IUIs and 2 IVF cycles (none successful) and saw my original doctor a total of 3 times. This was my baseline experience with infertility treatment prior to deciding to switch clinics. From the very first time I met Dr. Schlaff, I knew my experience would be different. Dr Schlaff took the time to get to know my partner and me and our long history with secondary infertility. He was able to provide insight into many of our unanswered questions from our prior IVF clinic and recommended we see his staff clinical psychologist prior to deciding if and how to proceed with treatment. The emotional and mental aspect of our treatment was never addressed or considered at the prior clinic. Throughout my time with Dr. Schlaff, he called me personally multiple times to discuss results, provide updates, and offer support. He was always available to answer questions we had and was warm while also being direct. I felt that he and everyone else in the clinic got to know us throughout our treatment and were all in our corner the whole time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Philadelphia. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Shannon)
I primarily interacted with two NPs in the clinic who were both outstanding. They were excellent communicators via phone and email- I would often get a response immediately if I emailed during the day. They were extremely helpful in guiding me with where to get the medications at the best prices, were always on top of prescribing what I needed well ahead of time, and helped me anticipate what I would need for each upcoming step. It was always a pleasure seeing them in the office and I felt that I could reach out to them for anything I needed.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Strengths: small number of doctors at each practice location, so you see the same couple of doctors every time; monitoring ultrasounds are all performed by the physicians; continuity of care with both doctors and nurses; friendly and professional office staff; knowledgable financial coordinator Weaknesses: weekend monitoring at a different office was less convenient for me than the weekday office location I believe that the attentiveness of Dr. Schlaff and the other practitioners at the clinic made the all the difference in our successful outcome, especially since I went to his clinic years later than my prior clinic where I had multiple failed IUIs and IVF cycles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia.
self-pay: 18K for single IVF cycle with PGS and ERA biopsy, including meds, though some meds were covered by insurance
Philadelphia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia.

He [Dr. Schlaff] was thorough and very experienced. He was patient and considerate. He had a great bedside manner. He never made me feel bad about my infertility and always stayed positive and hopeful. He communicated regularly and always told my husband and I to reach out if we needed anything.... He always stressed the positives and placed no blame on me or my husband. He was thorough and explained everything in a way that was easy to understand.
How was your experience with William Schlaff at RMA of Philadelphia?
He was thorough and very experienced. He was patient and considerate. He had a great bedside manner. He never made me feel bad about my infertility and always stayed positive and hopeful. He communicated regularly and always told my husband and I to reach out if we needed anything.
Just to be patient and to listen to him. He will lead you in the right direction.
Describe the protocols William Schlaff used in your cycles at RMA of Philadelphia and their degree of success.
We did iui's. My previous doctor preformed other procedures to diagnose a problem if there was one.
They were all very freindly. I could trust them. They began to feel like family.
Describe your experience with RMA of Philadelphia.
Great communication. Everyone worked together as a team and treated my husband and I with the highest regard. They supported us and showed empathy. They were sensitive to our needs and situation. They were always positive and full of energy, especially in early mornings!
My insurance didn't cover the iui's or any in vitro fertilization.
Describe William Schlaff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Philadelphia.
He believed in only one transfer if we did in vitro.