Available by cell phone
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Schoolcraft to a friend?

5.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred)... He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred). My previous doctor said "the embryos looked good" vs. Dr. Schoolcraft stating the transferred embryos were "wonky" and didn't appear to be the best quality. When meeting during our follow up appointment at the one day workup, he demonstrated an understanding of my infertility history and provided thoughtful comments in response to my decision to move forward with an egg donor cycle given my severe diminished ovarian reserve/ high FSH diagnosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared to ask questions about your case and proposed treatment. He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan. He immediately explained that most of the people that come to him have multiple failed cycles elsewhere and he realizes that he has one shot with these patients. He reiterated that his goals are aligned with mine.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions. By the end of my one day workup, all of the front desk employees knew me on a first name basis, greeted me with a smile, etc.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
N/A- I am awaiting a donor egg cycle at this time.
I have been given a dedicated nurse while I am a patient at CCRM as well as a dedicated back up nurse which is greatly appreciated. At my previous clinic, I spoke and met with a different nurse each time I was called for IVF instructions or Day 2/3 IVF monitoring. My nurses at CCRM have been extremely kind and never make me feel like I am bothering them. They are extremely knowledgeable, communicate clearly and return calls/emails in a timely manner. Overall, it has been a great experience thus far.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM-Lone Tree is very organized and well run. As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated. In terms of the actual care, they provide an IVF class to walk you through the process, things to be aware of, potential risks as well as preparation and expected timelines. They provide a binder with all important information, check lists and resources for patients so that you can easily refer back to the information at a later date. In my experience, the clinic ran appointments on time, I was always greeted with a smile and the environment had a peaceful feel. The business office checks all insurance benefits and is prepared to discuss the financials during the one day workup. I really can't say anything negative at this point in time.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
The clinic and doctor did say that they prefer to transfer one embryo at a time. I'm sure there are instances and cases where other guidelines would apply. I did not press this point given we will be doing CCS testing.
Lone Tree

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.

2017 - 2019
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s [with Dr. Schoolcraft]- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better...I loved that Dr was supportive of us only transplanting 1 embryo. He explained both scenarios - options- very thoroughly...At first bedside manner was lacking- felt cold. By second retrieval he had warmed up and became very positive about our chances and situation.
2017 - 2019
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Bedside manner needed a little work- didn’t feel special at first- but then he absolutely went above and beyond when I had issues with nursing and finance office as we progressed through treatments. He even gave me his personal cell and reached out intermittently to check in.
Understand that you need to advocate for yourself and be just as blunt as Dr Schoolcraft
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie Patrick)
Nurse originally assigned seemed lost and clueless- treated like number. Then after discussion with Dr Schoolcraft, I was assigned to Tonie Patrick and she was amazing and incredible. Very knowledgeable, professional and compassionate- a real gem.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength- doctors. Knowledge and proven track record. Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
$24 each retrieval/transfer if no insurance- we paid $8k for drugs and $15k for 2 retrieval’s/transfers after insurance claims

3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is very knowledgeable and experienced. I describe him as the "Dr. House" of infertility. He took my complicated case of unexplained poor egg quality and turned it into something positive. I took supplements prior to my IVF cycle, and I believe this changed everything about my outcome. After two previously failed cycles at another clinic, I was shocked that I was able to freeze 11 embryos because of Dr. Schoolcraft. After PGS testing, 8 came back chromosomally normal.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is amazing! He is very knowledgeable and experienced. I describe him as the "Dr. House" of infertility. He took my complicated case of unexplained poor egg quality and turned it into something positive. I took supplements prior to my IVF cycle, and I believe this changed everything about my outcome. After two previously failed cycles at another clinic, I was shocked that I was able to freeze 11 embryos because of Dr. Schoolcraft. After PGS testing, 8 came back chromosomally normal. Because of the likelihood of me having twins due to my age (29), we transferred one healthy baby boy embryo. To my surprise, I became pregnant, and I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with a healthy, growing baby. Dr. Schoolcraft was never surprised with any of my outcomes. He had faith and confidence from the beginning that I would be able to become pregnant using my own eggs. I am so grateful for his expertise, care, and guidance!
I would advise a prospective patient to fully let go and trust Dr. Schoolcraft. He knows what he is doing.
Dr. Schoolcraft and his team were super knowledgeable and encouraging during my IVF cycle. After 2 failed attempts at another clinic, I was very nervous about undergoing a 3rd round of IVF. CCRM helped me every step of the way.
I was on the Luteal Oral Estrogen Priming-Extended Clomid Antagonist Protocol. This is the most aggressive protocol that Dr. Schoolcraft uses. Since I had two previously failed cycles at another clinic, Dr. Schoolcraft chose this protocol to give me the best chance possible to create many healthy eggs. We retrieved 19 eggs, 17 were mature, 11 made it to freeze, and 8 came back chromosomally normal (PGS testing). I began taking Estrace 2 days after my LH surge, and I took 2 vials of Menopur, 300 units of Gonal-F, 200 mg of Clomid, and Dexamethasone every day. I stimmed for 10 days. I took Novarel and Lupron for my trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Erin is so nice and caring! She answered all of my (many) questions quickly and simply. She is fantastic!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is super organized. I never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for an appointment, blood work, or ultrasound. I have never seen another clinic function as well as CCRM. Although I had to travel out of state, it was worth it to receive the care that I did.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly suggested that we only transfer one single embryo. We agreed that multiples was risky.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr.Schoolcraft is honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He never pulled any punches with me, he was always very through and straightforward with me. I never felt like he didn’t care, I always felt like he wanted and would do everything in his power to get us a baby or get us some answers.... He is a knowledgeable doctor who will always give you his medical opinions/advise backed in science and theory. He is a doctor that is very serious about making babies and he will do everything he can to prepare your body for this process.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr.Schoolcraft is honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He never pulled any punches with me, he was always very through and straightforward with me. I never felt like he didn’t care, I always felt like he wanted and would do everything in his power to get us a baby or get us some answers. That’s all we could ever hope for.
He is a knowledgeable doctor who will always give you his medical opinions/advise backed in science and theory. He is a doctor that is very serious about making babies and he will do everything he can to prepare your body for this process. Listen to him and trust him, he truly has your best interest at heart
Dr.Schoolcraft, his nurses, and the administration treated me with respect. They were all compassionate and concerned about my treatment and about how I was doing. They all know my name, they know who I am. If I needed anything, they all made themself available for me to get things done in an effecient manner. That is something that I hold dear to me, they all treated me very well. No matter what my results end up, I know everyone cared and wants the best for my family.
Estrogen Proming Protocol. Prime with estrogen after ovulation, once cycle day 1 starts, get ultrasound, begin stim meds (gonalf, menopur, clomid and dexamethosone). Ultrasounds and labs daily after 3 rd day of stims
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Cindy is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinics strengths are that they are effecient and their lab is probably the best in the USA. They are constantly on the cutting edge of new treatment by constantly educating them self and conducting research on new advances to improve results. Weaknesses are that they do not accept military insurance. Although they do offer a military discount off of services, it is still pretty expensive and it would be nice if they would accept military insurance for disabled veterans like myself. Their lab is the BEST. If you can only do one cycle because of cost, I would say to do that cycle with Ccrm. If you can not afford to cycle with them, I would suggest that you at least get your workup done at ccrm because they are the most through clinic that I have ever been with
$30,000 for fertility workup and ivf with genetic testing
Because I am advanced maternal age, I didn’t really feel as if I wanted to get all of the embryos tested, I really wanted to do a fresh transfer of 4 embryos because most of them Would be abnormal. However, Dr.Schoolcraft was adamant that we can put no more than two. He really only wanted to transfer one but we pushed because we are older and didn’t want to waste as much time between transfer if it did not take. He heard our pleas and allowed 2
Lone Tree

If you are looking for a lengthy conversation about things unrelated to treatment, he [Dr. William Schoolcraft] might not be your guy; however, if you are looking for expertise and respect in the field, there is none more perfect. He was very patient, thoroughly explained everything, answered all of our questions, and we never felt rushed. He spent a considerable about of time reviewing our medical history before our first consult/visit, and had a plan of action from the start. He was very straight forward about what we needed to do and, of course, he was right and we, after 8 years of trying, treatments, and disappointments, are expecting a baby girl in a few months.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Best fertility doctor anywhere. If you are looking for a lengthy conversation about things unrelated to treatment, he might not be your guy; however, if you are looking for expertise and respect in the field, there is none more perfect. He was very patient, thoroughly explained everything, answered all of our questions, and we never felt rushed. He spent a considerable about of time reviewing our medical history before our first consult/visit, and had a plan of action from the start. He was very straight forward about what we needed to do and, of course, he was right and we, after 8 years of trying, treatments, and disappointments, are expecting a baby girl in a few months.
Be prepared to hear the truth. He is the expert and we 100% trusted every word he said to us. We followed his treatment plan without asking questions and the results were worth it!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
We switched nurses right before our transfer; however both nurses were easy to work with, knowledgeable and compassionate. The "surgery" nurses were just as wonderful making sure we were comfortable and understood what was going on during both the retrieval and transfer procedures. I was never nervous because of their calmness and compassion. The acupuncturist was less than wonderful in terms of compassion and bedside manner; however, the treatment she provided was inline with what Dr. Schoolcraft recommended.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very nice facility. All of the staff was helpful and courteous. I never felt like a "number" but rather always felt welcomed and that anyone there was willing to go above and beyond to help in any way.
Dr. Schoolcraft did not recommend multiple embryo transfers; however, listened to my concerns and wishes.
Lone Tree

with [Dr. Schoolcraft's] specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process...He could be harsh with his words but honesty is what you need while going through this process. He's an achiever, not a sweet talker and you just need to trust his medical opinion. My previous doctor wasted three years of my life because he was too nice to me, and cared about my feelings than examining the root of my problem. Personally, I thought he was warm and caring.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is just fantastic at what he does. He's honest, very direct but compassionate and most importantly, he wants results as much as you do. I loved his confidence, his expertise and I just knew I was in good hands with him. He saved me from transferring mosaic embryo at another clinic, and with his specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process.
I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case. It was my own time with the nurse or the Dr. which made me feel very comfortable. I definitely noticed the differene in care because with my last clinic, I used to walk in and see 20-30 other women just waiting to be called in, always felt ushed in and out just like a factory. Not the same at CCRM, never felt like a number.
I had two failed IVF cycles at another clinic so Dr. Schoolcraft suggested I try acai berry supplements. I bought them directly from the CCRM. I highly recommend them!!! I took them for three months before starting the cycle. My protocol included Gonal f, Follistim and Clomid and meds were taken in the morning and the evening. I always gave up all caffeine and alcohol and it made a big difference in results. I also did acupuncture twice a week for at least 4 months before my cycle. Make sure you ask for acupuncture on your transfer day as well. Just to give you an idea. My previous doctor retrieved 7 eggs in the first cycle and 6 eggs in the second one. Following Dr. Schoolcraft's instructions and protocol, he able to retrieve 19!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie )
All staff members and nurses were very professional and I was so pleased with the level of care.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Excellent and very well organized. You feel really welcomed as soon as you walk in through the door. The nurse staff upstairs are also very wonderful and it was a pleasure every time. No complaints what so ever.
25k for one cycle.
He recommended we transfer two pgs tested embryos and now I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. He said it was my decision but I just went with what he recommended.
Lone Tree

Some may not like how candid he [Dr. Schoolcraft] could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab. ... On paper we looked good, but he was clear that only going through the process could tell for sure. He answered all my questions and explained things to my husband
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Some may not like how candid he could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab.
Go see him, be honest with what you want, then listen to what he has to say.
Since everything looked good we started with a basic protocol. And I developed a ton of follicles turns out they were not good quality in the end. But when I said I wanted to do another round to get more embryos he said we could be ok with the 2 we had but could see the benefit to another round. He didn't change anything for the 2nd round because I produced so many follicles and could have overstimulated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michele is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. I saw a bunch of people when you have to go in so much but I always felt they were on top of things and knew about me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Its big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. But the employees are awesome, also Lone Tree is really far away from my home and work. I-25 sucks to drive every day in rush hour
Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same
He will be doing a eset when we go to that point. Because of my age.
Lone Tree

He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes...He had to keep looking at my chart and asking his nurses for my name. He didn't care to ask about my journey or where I wanted to go as far as treatment. He immediately jumped into IVF is the only way and I don't think it's worth taking time to try Letrozole or anything else if Clomid didn't work. He had horrific bedside manner and spoke about the cost and about percentages I might have. Rarely looked me in the eyes while speaking.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment I sat down in his office he was rushed. He walked in and "sized me up." Took barely 10 minutes to tell me that he only thought I had once chance. He is extremely cold and has no warm bedside manners. He didn't even think to check out my husband and made me feel as if our difficulty conceiving was entirely my fault, come to find out later by another doctor my husband has male factors as well. While he may have "paved the way" with his flagship office in Colorado and done wonders with Stars he's not a doctor for the people.
Don't waste your time unless you have tons of money because that's all he really cares about.
He had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes.
The nursing staff was rushed as well. There were w few who were nice but over all it was as if you had a number on your face and they look right through you.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this. They have multiple locations around the nation and have doctors there who are very interested in helping same-sex couples but most don't speak about heterosexual couples that they help. In fact most of their bios state their favorite couples to assist.
Seeing as they insisted that they redo multiple test the cost is astronomical. I wasted so much on them I regret it and has made things more stressful because of it

5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
he [Dr. William Schoolcraft] treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well...is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him...Be ready to advocate for yourself and stay on top of your treatment. And, hope you have a good nurse as she will be the person that you communicate with the most. And, she has to feel comfortable with Dr. Schoolcraft as she is the one who talks to him for you.
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him.
There's no real hand holding at this clinic due to it's size, so you really have to advocate for yourself and hope that you get a good nurse! When you are with the Doctor, however, he treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well.
We did two egg retrievals that were pretty heavy duty since I was a slow responder. I felt everything we did was logical and I understood each step of the protocol. My cycles went much longer than most other woman's cycles, but he was willing to adjust things for me. I retrieved the same amount of eggs with my cycles here as at my home town clinic, the difference really was the lab.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to. It's very important to have a fantastic nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional. They are pros and know what they're doing! The lab is really the reason to go here!
I really don't remember. Maybe with drugs included it was $15-$20,000 per cycle, but we did not due the family package which would have been cheaper.
I felt like they had this baked into a gridline formula. They had a solid recommendation, but would do whatever we wanted within safety and reason.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Schoolcraft is very matter of fact and doesn’t remember who you are unless your files In front of him. However after my miscarriage he did personally call to lend him support... Dr. Schoolcraft is a brilliant Dr but is very black and white. He doesn’t veer from his personal beliefs or protocols. He’s got a certain amount of arrogance about him but I suppose confidence is a good thing. He’s an expert in his field that apparent but when it comes to keeping you pregnant that’s a different ball game, he goes right to gestational carrier.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is a brilliant Dr but is very black and white. He doesn’t veer from his personal beliefs or protocols. He’s got a certain amount of arrogance about him but I suppose confidence is a good thing. He’s an expert in his field that apparent but when it comes to keeping you pregnant that’s a different ball game, he goes right to gestational carrier. He was companionate after my miscarriage but doesn’t understand people don’t have endless amounts of money to pay for every test under the sun, a carrier, another IVF treatment, etc. especially when his clinic is by far one of the most expensive out there and they don’t take any insurance
Be ready to spend your life’s savings and be prepared for him pushing all testing
When your going through treatment you don’t hear from your Dr. unless you schedule a consultation. Your nurse is your go to. My nurse was amazing and has been a source of medical and emotional support. Dr. Schoolcraft is very matter of fact and doesn’t remember who you are unless your files In front of him. However after my miscarriage he did personally call to lend him support and has helped in finding answers for my sever bleeding during pregnancy
With my first IVF we did a frozen transfer. I did BC, Depo Lupron (for my endo) PIO, Endometrine, vivelle patches, antibiotics and baby aspirin. I did get pregnant but had a significant blessing episode at 8 weeks. Stayed on PIO and patches until 10 weeks before weening. 2nd IVF, Dane protocol another sever bleeding episode that resulted in a miscarriage. Next transfer wants to try the antihistamine protocol.
Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance. She been an advocate for me when my wants and needs clash with the Dr.’s. She explains things in a way I understand without belittling me. If it wasn’t for her we probably would have moved clinics by now
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs. The billing and financial department leave little to be desired. They don’t abide by any insurance companies “negotiated rates” and the lab doesn’t except any insurance covage at all. It very expensive and you have to do a lot of the testing through them.
With our egg retrieval and Frozen transfer it was just under 40k. It’s 3k for your one day work up, almost 7k for transfer and plus meds for the transfer alone. Then if you get pregnant the additional ultrasounds and monitoring is additional charge
At first I was ok with transferring just one embryo but given my very difficult pregnancy I realized that a singleton was much safer for both baby and I. We did however transfer 2 the second time around against his recommendation
Lone Tree

He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man.
European, Latino
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man. I didn't need a good bedside manner doctor, I wanted to have a doctor who has proven success and is a leader in his field in which he specializes. I will recommend Dr. Schoolcraft to anyone who goes through this process. A+++
let go of the need for a friendly, bedside manner doctor and get a professional who is sharp and brutally honest. He will get you there sooner. He finds the root of the issue quickly compared to my previous doctor.
From the very beginning, the clinic was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
I dont recall all of the meds
Love love love my nurse Erin! She was fabulous! I still communicate with her. Wonderful care and always returned a call or email in a timely manner
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
organized,scheduled,friendly,all good aspects to comment on. They made sure my needs were met the minute I walked in the door. The clinic was always clean and the nurses and staff were very helpful
Very similar to other costs of other clinics. We were out of state patients so we had to pay for flights and lodging
He recommended we transfer 2 and we were not opposed to that idea so we transferred 2 and I am currently 16.5 weeks pregnant with twins

How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. He is the best doctor there is an has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Definitely start with him or another doctor at CCRM Lone Tree (the other CCRM's are not under him so only travel to Lone Tree - we live in Chicago but traveled there - it is more doable than it seems, and they are set up for that.) Don't go anywhere else first because I feel CCRM has the best technology and the best lab.
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. We found him because of the amazing book he wrote and all the other IVF books out there that talk about CCRM. He is the best doctor there is and has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Menopur, Gonal-F, Lupron, Medrol, omnitrope (a growth hormone)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Morgan was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
After trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Very exepensive and out of network for us. They have a lot of out of town patients.
We CCS tested and only had 2 chromosomally normal embryo so that's all we could transfer

7 Eggs Frozen
3 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
If you’re looking for a “warm, fuzzy” feeling from your doctor, then Dr Schoolcraft isn’t who you are looking for. But, if you are wanting an experienced, smart, top in the nation fertility doctor, then he’s your man! ... Dr Schoolcraft, my husband and myself decided to go the IVM route. Due to my PCO, and my past 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles Dr Schoolcraft’s main focus was to get good quality eggs to be able to freeze. ...
7 Eggs Frozen
3 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
If you’re looking for a “warm, fuzzy” feeling from your doctor, then Dr Schoolcraft isn’t who you are looking for. But, if you are wanting an experienced, smart, top in the nation fertility doctor, then he’s your man! After 6 years of infertility treatments, including 2 rounds of IVF, I didn’t care about bedside manner. He is very straight forward in his opinions of your case, and I appreciated that. He may not be the best at expressing emotions, but I can truly say he cares for his patients. Even if he is not in the office, he is checking in on each of his patient’s daily! Knowing he has seen almost every infertility case had a way of putting my worries at ease. I was never afraid to ask questions or add in my own opinions, and he would definitely take those into consideration. Overall, I really love and appreciate him as my doctor.
Have your questions written down and ready to ask him and do not be scared to challenge his opinions with your own. Be prepared for his flat affect, whether over the phone or in person. But, don’t let this deter you! He really is great!
Honestly, after dealing with many other fertility doctors and clinics CCRM was like a breath of fresh air. Dr Schoolcraft is very forthcoming with his opinions and diagnoses, which I, personally, prefer. After 6 years of infertility I wanted a doctor who would years of experience, and bedside manner really didn’t matter to me. Dr Schoolcraft isn’t going to give your a “warm, fuzzy” feeling, but he is extremely smart, and I know he truly wants to help women! The nurse I was assigned to is absolutely amazing! She is in constant contact with me, walking me through every step, encouraging me & keeping everyone organized! She is definitely like a friend!
Dr Schoolcraft, my husband and myself decided to go the IVM route. Due to my PCO, and my past 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles Dr Schoolcraft’s main focus was to get good quality eggs to be able to freeze. My past 2 IVF cycles, from a different clinic, I had produced almost 30 eggs, but out of those 30 we had none make it to freeze. Dr Schoolcraft wasn’t sure if this was because of egg quality, or lab error or poor response to the fertility medications. Some women do not respond well to the stimulation and their ovaries are not a good host to grow healthy follicles. Because of this, Dr Schoolcraft brought up the option of doing an IVM vs IVF. IVM is often used for women who have PCOS or PCO, which I have! These women tend to produce an over abundance of eggs, and because of this, tend to hyperstimulate (I had experienced hyperstimulation twice with both rounds of IVF). With IVM they use minimum medications to stimulate your ovaries. They then retrieve the eggs at an immature state, continue to grow them in their lab, and, because of this, the woman is essentially at zero risk of Hyperstimulation! We chose to go this route, and my experience was TOTALLY different than my last 2 cycles! I felt great throughout stimming, never felt bloated, no headaches & had a great recovery after my retrieval! I did NOT hyperstimulate, and I felt back to myself after a couple of days! It was just the best experience all around! Even with less stim meds, and retrieving my eggs at an immature state they retrieved 17 eggs! And of those 17 eggs, we were able to freeze 7 great quality embryos! No praying we can get pregnant with one of those embryos!
My nurse, Sarah, is absolutely amazing! She is extremely organized, a great communicator, very compassionate & smart! During our first embryo transfer she came up to give me a hug and bring a small gift for me! She has been such an encourager for me, and she has always been prompt in getting back to me when I call or send a message
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is very organized, prompt and have thought almost everything through. I would say there were two staff members at the front desk that we’re not as friendly as they could have been. Working in the medical field myself, I know the importance of having a friendly face to great each patient, and to make them feel like they are your number one priority. Most of the staff made me feel important, there were just two that did not seem happy to be at work.
It was roughly $20,000 for IVM. It’s abkther $5,000 for another transfer since our first transfer didn’t take.
My husband and I were given a choice of how many embryos We would like to transfer.
Denver
If he [Dr. Schoolcraft] is not confident about something or there is a concern, he will be upfront about it. ... I found him to be very personable and very approachable, not overly & uncomfortably warm, but definitely enough so that I felt very comfortable when speaking with him about our treatment and asking any and all questions. ... He listened to me. He raised thoughts and concerns
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Again, our experience with Dr. Schoolcraft has been very positive. I was told by a previous patient that he was not super warm, but very knowledgeable and honest and very good at what he does. I will say he is very candid, which is what I want. He told us upfront that he does not sugar coat or give false hope. If he is not confident about something or there is a concern, he will be upfront about it. Regarding his “bedside manner,” though, I found him to be very personable and very approachable, not overly & uncomfortably warm, but definitely enough so that I felt very comfortable when speaking with him about our treatment and asking any and all questions. Everyone has different preferences, but I am the patient who does tons of research, asks questions, and wants to fully 100% understand my treatment, including an honest and thorough assessment of any and all possible obstacles, etc. I want a realistic expectation and I feel that Dr. Schoolcraft has done this very well with the appropriate amount of care and concern and in a way that was understanding and empathetic to our situation.
Be as prepared as possible, as with any doctor, for your visit. Have your questions ready and do not be afraid to discuss your history, your past treatments, ask any questions you may have, etc... He was very willing to take as much time as necessary to address my concerns and discuss these things, so my advice would be to not be shy about that at all.
We are out-of-state patients of Dr. Schoolcraft, having turned to him after having 4 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF cycle with 2 doctors locally. We have male factor infertility, but not to the extent that we weren’t good candidates for IVF. When our first cycle failed last year we were very frustrated and felt as though there were a lot of questions and investigative avenues that our local RE was very blasé about exploring. I had gotten several strong recommendations from others who had “gone to Denver” for their treatment and been treated at CCRM by Dr. Schoolcraft. The thought of pursuing this type of treatment with a clinic out of state was overwhelming and intimidating to say the least - so many questions and uncertainties, not the least of which how the logistics of coordinating care would work. I finally decided that I had to make the call and at least explore this option as I was not wanting to return to either doctor we had seen locally. From the first phone consult with Dr. Schoolcraft I felt like I had made a good decision. He listened to me. He raised thoughts and concerns that I had raised with my local doctor to no avail- before I even had the chance to ask him about it. He discussed our situation with me at length and treated me as if I were an intelligent human being who was capable of understanding my situation and possible courses of treatment, etc rather than speaking in vagueries and blowing off my questions. The same experience at our first in-person appointment when we to CCRM for the first time for our 1 day work up. Not only was the experience 100% positive with Dr. Schoolcraft, but the same can be said about the entire staff at CCRM. I never feel like an imposition, any question I have, form I need, or information I request is readily available without having to go through a million different channels, leaving unreturned voicemails, etc... My nurse, Laura, has been wonderful. She is always very responsive, whether I send a message through the portal or call, my call is returned very promptly that same day and all messages are responded to ASAP! And, as many ladies dealing with IF can likely relate, there are times when I feel like a total fruitcake or that my questions must be so ridiculous, but they are answered and I always get reassurance that is not the case, that my questions and concerns are important and worthy of the time to be addressed. Daylight and dark from almost every other clinic and doctor I have seen, Reproductive or otherwise.
The strategies used for us were very simple: 1.) Thorough testing and investigation into possible issues or hurdles that may have prevented our past IVF cycle (with previous RE) from being successful. 2.) An assessment of those tests and our treatment history to decide the best route forward. This included, for example, the decision to use a lupron trigger rather than an HCG trigger due to my very responsive ovaries and resulting risk of OHSS, as HCG feeds and exacerbates OHSS. Another example being the decision regarding the cycle day to start priming (the birth control before stims). I was originally to begin the birth control on CD 10, but after assessing my individual situation, a decision was made that it would be better to begin priming on CD 3.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic has it more together than anywhere I have been. They are incredibly organized and on top of everything. The entire staff is well-versed in the operations and procedures of the clinic. The front desk person who answers your call when you first call the clinic was able to answer many of my questions without giving me the, “I don’t know, you have to speak to such and such,” answer then transferring to a voicemail the way many other clinics do. It was very refreshing. I have felt very positive about every interaction I have had with the staff at CCRM. Each person is professional, makes you feel like a priority, and is diligent and prompt about addressing any questions or concerns. My advice to prospective patients is to go ahead and make the call and set your appointment.
Costs vary from patient to patient. I know, I hate that response too, but all told with our extensive workup and IVF cycle, etc, etc... I believe we were somewhere in the neighborhood of $25-30k.
As with many doctors these days, the feeling is that in most instances single embryo transfer is the most prudent and safest approach. However, we did ask about this, given our previous failed single embryo transfer and were told that in cases of previous failed transfer that he was more comfortable discussing transferring two embryos as opposed to one.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Schoolcraft is very smart and knows how to handle tricky cases. He adjusted my treatment to fit my condition. I believe he helped find the right protocol for my condition. He is very honest and can sometimes seem harsh. He doesn’t like to give false hope so he gives you the realistic outlook. It’s a great trait to have an honest doctor. But he’s not the type to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Take what he says with a grain of salt. He may say things in a blunt harsh way.... But remember that the truth is the best in this situation so you know what to expect
He is very scientific and goes off stats. He sticks to what he knows and is brutally honest. He doesn’t really add the human touch to make sure you’re ok emotionally and understand the process
We did a natural cycle for my egg retrieval’s. I took omniotrope on cycle day 3 to promote egg quality. I Took clomid starting cycle day 3. Once my follicle started to get big, I took cetrotide to prevent ovulation. Once I took cetrotide I added in menopur because cetrotide decreases the effectiveness of clomid. I then used pregnyl as a trigger. We did this protocol because my FSH is 40 and the doctor didn’t believe I would respond to the typical protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan M)
Morgan was amazing! She is prompt and always gets back to me. She is very thorough in her explanations and makes sure we understand everything. She goes above and beyond to take care of our concerns. She is very kind and makes us feel good about going to CCRM
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
One of the top labs in the nation. I strongly believe the great lab helped me get embryos created. The clinic is large and is fully staffed so it’s easy to be seen. I like how organized the staff is. The surgery center is very nice and efficient.
$24,000 for the first retrieval including CCS testing. The next retrieval was $17,000 as part of the embryo banking discount
My doctor encouraged CCS testing of embryos so we can do single embryo transfer. He prefers that method to avoid multiples in pregnancy
IUI, 2 IVF
Dr. Schoolcraft and all his staff at CCRM were always there to answer any questions. They were always positive but realistic and always made me feel comfortable during this lengthy process. ... Dr. Schoolcraft was very good when explaining the process we were going through and was always available if we needed to chat with him. ... I was on protocol 5 both rounds for egg retrieval.
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft was very good when explaining the process we were going through and was always available if we needed to chat with him. When our first batch of embryo's was not available for transfer because of chromosome issues he was very honest about our chances if we wanted to go another round. I truly respect the man and the Doctor and would recommend him to anyone.
Do everything he says, follow the plan and good things will happen.
I was on protocol 5 both rounds for egg retrieval. The first round we had 3 embryos make it to blast but all 3 had chromosome issues. We then went for round 2. We had 2 embryos make it to blast and one had chromosome issues and one was perfect. They transferred him and I am currently pregnant with a healthy baby boy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan Mayo )
The nurses at CCRM are the most amazing people I have had the pleasure of working with. They were always there to encourage me and there to answer any questions I had. They were always prompt and called every time the said they would. They made this experience much more enjoyable and less stressful!!!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is very caring and run like clock work. There was never long waits and ever procedure done was gentle and with the utmost professionalism. They make you feel comfortable and welcome at all time The are all very caring and always take the time to explain everything and never try to cut things short or make you feel like a burden for having a ton of questions. They are just the type of people you want to be treated by when going through a process like this.
I do not know what the exact total cost was but all said and done 25K+

4 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] had a positive & encouraging attitude. We troubleshooted 3 different protocols until we found our winning protocol. We have adjusted the cycle so that he can monitor me out of state by having me do more ultrasounds & labwork in my home state & only has me fly to Denver when the follicles are at the optimum size which reduces my out of state lodging expenses & minimizes the amount of time off I need to take from work for retrievals.
4 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He had a positive & encouraging attitude. We troubleshooted 3 different protocols until we found our winning protocol. We have adjusted the cycle so that he can monitor me out of state by having me do more ultrasounds & labwork in my home state & only has me fly to Denver when the follicles are at the optimum size which reduces my out of state lodging expenses & minimizes the amount of time off I need to take from work for retrievals. My last cycle was my best cycle yet, where I retrieved 2 bonus eggs. I retrieved 1 immature egg which was matured in an incubator overnight. The cutting edge technology at CCRM Lone Tree has resulted in me being able to freeze more eggs.
Trust him & work in conjunction with him to achieve your goals. He is the best.
I always had access to speak, meet or convey info to my doctor & nurses & received answers to inquiries.
Priming is the key at CCRM. I was primed with testosterone gel & viagra. My winning protocol is using microdose Lupron a couple days prior & during stims. For Stims, I do 2 vials of Menopur in the morning & 300 Gonal in the evening for 10 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Flo)
I have always had my same nurse the entire treatment period thru 4 cycles. She crys with me when my cycles fail. She is always available to me & gets back to me very quickly. When she is off, I am always able to reach another nurse on staff & nurses always return calls even after hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The level of care at the clinic is exceptional. Everyone is very professional. Lone Tree is a lovely town to be in while I am undergoing care. The staff works very well to coordinate together to make sure you efficiently meet with all the necessary departments in a timely fashion.
Labs, anesthesia, treatment
Haven't not gotten that far.
Lone Tree

I think Dr. Schoolcraft is an excellent doctor. He is not the warmest, but he is friendly enough and I appreciate that he is so straightforward and honest. He always explains everything in a way that makes sense to me/my husband, and is willing to sit with us as long as we have questions. He is careful about managing our expectations, so we are prepared for the many different potential outcomes.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask all the questions you can think of - he is happy to answer them and explain everything to you!
Dr. Schoolcraft has always talked to me and my husband about our issues individually - that makes me feel like he sees me as a unique case and individual human.
I have done one retrieval so far and will continue on the same protocol for the next two planned retrievals. My protocol at CCRM is called protocol 5 and was described by Dr. Schoolcraft as "the mother of all protocols." Since I have a diminished ovarian reserve, Dr. Schoolcraft wanted me on the highest dosages and most medication to get as many eggs as possible. The stim medications include: 2 vials menopur, 300 units follistim, 100mg clomid... then I added ganirellex and eventually triggered with 10,000 units of lupron and two 800 mg shots of acetate trigger kit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
Sarah has been great - she is always really positive and informative. She is calm and professional. I appreciate that she answers my crazy questions and encourages me to reach out if I have any issues.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a really wonderful clinic. It is a nice facility, and everyone working there from the receptionist to the doctors are very professional. I think it's obvious that it is at the cutting edge of new treatments and that the doctors, nurses, techs, etc, are incredibly qualified. The biggest weaknesses are the fact that it is such a big clinic that sometimes I feel like a number/it's not super personal. Additionally, they are so high tech with their treatment and their lab, but they are not that high tech with some of the other simpler things - like calendars! They could easily create digital and more professional looking calendars for patients that adjust with the patient. It sort of drives me crazy that they just have a sloppy, handwritten calendar and I'm expected to add in the dosages and other things as the change. Finally, it is just insanely expensive which is a huge challenge.
Phone Consultation: $325 One Day Work-Up: $2884.50 Blood Tests: $642 Day 3 Tests: $402 First Round Retrieval (including all appts, ultra sounds, blood work, retrieval procedure, etc.): $21,168
I have not gotten there yet - currently trying to get as many embryos as possible so we will transfer after the third round of retrievals
Denver

Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area.... I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area. Dr Schoolcraft is very upfront and blunt and it took me a little while to get used to his style. While this was shocking at first, it was good in the sense that I knew my chances upfront and I did not go in with false expectations. Dr Schoolcraft was open to trying different protocols and seeing which ones would give me the best results. Dr Schoolcraft always answered all of my questions thoroughly and I never felt rushed. Also, Dr. Schoolcraft seemed to always run on time for appointments which is nice. Overall, I think Dr. Schoolcraft is a very knowledgeable, great Doctor.
I suggest for everyone to be their own advocate and understand your protocols and options, no matter who your doctor or clinic is.
At times, I felt as if the clinic is so busy and there are so many people in and out that I was just a number. I think in this process everyone has to learn to be their own advocate. There were a lot of protocols/options I learned from my own research that I had to ask the doctor about. I felt as if I should have been educated on all available processes/protocols in the beginning instead of finding out about them online and having to go back and ask about them. On the contrary, CCRM has a set process that you follow and it is very evident that they follow the process very well. All of the staff at CCRM are very well trained and the facility is top notch. They go above and beyond by having therapists on site for patients to speak to and they even hold support group meetings. They offer acupuncture before and after treatment, which I have not heard of at any other center. Overall, they are very advanced.
I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders. From the very beginning, I knew with my day 3 numbers I would not produce a lot eggs since I did not have many baseline follicles. With both protocols I responded how they expected, I never produce a lot of eggs or embryos unfortunately with DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process. If your nurse has the day off or they are out of the office there is a dedicated nursing line you call into. Usually, you have to leave a message but someone calls you back quite quickly. I have had to call in several times to ask questions on meds or had other random questions and I was always called back right away.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3 times to make sure they have the right person. The fact that all patients get an assigned nurse is definitely a plus, this way you have someone who is your contact that you get to know since it is such an emotional process. The only thing I will say is do not expect a lot of facetime with the doctor, most of your communication will be with the nurse.
This clinic is definitely expensive, but they are upfront about their cost which are also listed on their website.
I have been told they are open to single embryo transfer, or transferring 2 embryos. We have not transferred yet.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion. I had to read between the lines to know my chances were slim - like not being able to participate in refunds if it didn’t happen... I still think he is one of the best ones out there. Every other doctor hurts me and stresses me out. But he has a very gentile way....So after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I still think he is one of the best ones out there. Every other doctor hurts me and stresses me out. But he has a very gentile way. I just wished there were more studies out there on everything from endometriosis and what works or doesn’t. It just seems like there is very little to fall back on in research in the infertility world verses like cancer.
Be patient and open minded to what it will take to have 1 healthy baby.
I feel like the care with both the RE’s I have used was just following a text book plan and not really tailored to my body. It’s like oh you have this issue, let do plan C.
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion. I had to read between the lines to know my chances were slim - like not being able to participate in refunds if it didn’t happen or referring me back to my OBGYN since they didn’t take my insureance - like not for one thing. So after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety in picking a donor. So I did a full retrieval with an egg donor and 1 transfer so far.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
She has stuck with me the whole way and is very patient with me. I trust her advice and care.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I hate feeling like cattle moving through the clinic. This is why I chose them as a second replacement. But what ever gets the job done now I guess. I think thier lab is one of the best out there and wouldn’t trust my gametes or embryos with anyone else.
Beyond ridiculously expensive! But I don’t like talking specific numbers.
My approach was to do 1 only given I have had surgery on my uterus. I don’t think that is the norm.

2 IUI, 8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I only spoke to him [Dr. Schoolcraft] one time at the initial workup. He had read my chart and was familiar with my case. He was confident (turns out overly) that he could help. I had lots of questions about med levels and he was totally dismissive of mini stim and immuno protocol.... He put me on the highest dose of everything which i think is his general approach to all stims. I was on 150 meno, 375 follistim, 100 clomid, a steroid i can’t remember which though, and ganirelix. It was by a long shot the heaviest dose of stims i did and it produced the worst results of all 7 stim cycles i did.
2 IUI, 8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I only spoke to him one time at the initial workup. He had read my chart and was familiar with my case. He was confident (turns out overly) that he could help. I had lots of questions about med levels and he was totally dismissive of mini stim and immuno protocol. The rest of the time I dealt with his nurse, Sarah, who was efficient and nice. I had very little conversation with schoolcraft until after the cycle ultimately failed and we had a follow up call.
Don’t be intimidated by his reputation. Don’t be overly emotional or expect him to dry your tears. Come in with your questions prepared and dont ask for any immuno protocol.
I knew ahead of time that his bedside manner is considered brusque. I found him straightforward and direct. he happened to be quite wrong in what he told me he thought would be my outcome which pissed me off after the fact, but he spoke to me as a person.
Sarah was super organized and dealt with all the details efficiently.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I do not recommend this clinic to anyone over the age of 35. I do think that if you had one failed cycle in a possibly smaller local clinic and you want to try one of the big guns in the country it could be worth it. They did not take my insurance and it was by far the most expensive cycle I did. They have totally jumped the shark in terms of believing their own publicity and are completely rigid in terms of how they approach the medicine of reproduction. There is a corporate feel to the clinic and absolutely no flexibility in terms of individual plans. The vast, vast majority of people are doing the exact same protocol regardless of individuality because the prevailing methodology is more drugs equals better results. You must do pgs testing. they will not even consider day 3 freeze. They will not ever do a fresh transfer. They will not consider immuno supports- schoolcraft actuall called it pseudo- science to my face when I asked due to my history of RPL. Meanwhile more and more papers on the specific useful immuno treatments are being released. i think if you are under the age of 35 and do NOT have diagnosed DOR, and have never had a failed cycle, their conservative approach could work for you.
All in over 40K out of pocket.
never made it to transfer because they all died on day 4- which is what always happened. This was particularly bad because they got 14 eggs and only 4 were mature. They insist on growing to day 5 and so the 4 died.
Lone Tree

I felt like the doctor [Dr. Schoolcraft] really understood our infertility treatment history and provided a customized treatment plan to our specific situation...He did indeed offer a realistic and fair assessment of our history and odds of success with IVF at his clinic. Dr. Schoolcraft provides years of experience, understanding of the newest treatments and remedies, and an unbiased assessment of patients' treatment options and chances of success. We believe all of this combined with the lab quality resulted in a successful IVF cycle and ultimate birth of our child.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
My spouse and I decided to schedule a phone consultation with Dr. Schoolcraft after undergoing 3 previous IVF cycles with different doctors and never producing a blastocyst. After those failed cycles, each of the doctors recommended using an egg donor. We wanted a final opinion from one of the leading doctors in the nation and had heard from friends he offered unbiased evaluations, even if his answer was to not recommend IVF or that a trip to his clinic was not needed. He did indeed offer a realistic and fair assessment of our history and odds of success with IVF at his clinic. Dr. Schoolcraft provides years of experience, understanding of the newest treatments and remedies, and an unbiased assessment of patients' treatment options and chances of success. We believe all of this combined with the lab quality resulted in a successful IVF cycle and ultimate birth of our child.
Do some research (including reading the newest fertility advances and trials on the CCRM website) before you meet with him so that you can maximize your time with him.
I felt like the doctor really understood our infertility treatment history and provided a customized treatment plan to our specific situation. During the monitoring phase, ultrasound and bloodwork appointments were scheduled and occurred on time. I was assigned to a specific nurse and most of the time, she responded on the same day to emails and phone calls.
I took an antioxidant supplement (OvaHealth) produced by the clinic for 3 months prior to the IVF cycle in order to hopefully help with egg quantity/quality.The title on my cycle plan is "Luteal Oral/Extended Clomid" - I took took 300 units of Gonal F and 10 days of Saizen among other medications.
All of the nurses, ultrasound and lab technicians were professional, friendly and helpful. My assigned nurse was very attentive, caring, and responsive.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very organized and has an entire day planned for you and your partner when you come in for the physical work-up. The day also includes meetings to address the IVF process, potential options like PGS and using donors, and introduce you to your assigned nurse. After spending lots of time waiting for ultrasounds and bloodwork during monitoring at other clinics, it was a nice change to have actual appointments for those every morning that were closely kept on schedule.
Between treatment and medication, we probably paid around $30,000.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Schoolcraft is not known to be warm/fuzzy, which is something I could have used a little bit of, I don't need a lot, but he will provide you with clear cut answers to your questions... my contact with Dr. Schoolcraft was only on the initial visit to get my testing and the day of the transfer. There are different doctors on the team at CCRM, and depending on which doctor is on call the day of your egg retrieval is scheduled is the doctor doing the procedure.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Being that I live in Miami, and CCRM is located in Lone Tree, Colorado, my contact with Dr. Schoolcraft was only on the initial visit to get my testing and the day of the transfer. There are different doctors on the team at CCRM, and depending on which doctor is on call the day of your egg retrieval is scheduled is the doctor doing the procedure. It might be your actual doctor or another doctor. Schoolcraft is not known to be warm/fuzzy, which is something I could have used a little bit of, I don't need a lot, but he will provide you with clear cut answers to your questions. And it will not be sugar coated, but they will be the facts of your case.
Do not expect someone that is nurturing and warm. He is straight to the point, and he will answer all your question. Also, make sure that you have all your questions ready for him when you meet, because if you don't you might leave the meeting feeling like you do not know what to expect.
I felt like a human because of my nurse Michele Chase. She was always my primary point of contact/go to person. She always provided answer to all my question within the same day of reaching out to her. She made herself available via telephone as well, and always returned calls the same day. Please note that all directives came from Dr. Schoolcraft, but Michele was the person who would provide all the information from the Doctor. My verbal communication with Dr. Schoolcraft was minimal, and only as needed.
I cannot remember much. I think I have blocked some things out because my last embryo did not survive the thawing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele Chase)
I provided a describe in a previous area.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Please be on time, because all your appointments will only have a 5 -10 minute wait max. The nurses, ultrasound ladies, consultants, etc.. are very much on time and usually waiting for you. The facility is very clean and big. There is a small café on the ground floor in case you or your partner get hungry, because the first evaluation will take at least half a day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Monitoring appointments are mostly scheduled in the morning because they need the get bloodwork back, early enough the same day, in order to provide you with instructions as to your next step, change in dose of medication, and potential retrieval day. Ultrasounds are also scheduled in the morning, because it makes no sense to come twice a day. Also, morning appointments give Dr. Schoolcraft the opportunity to review the ultrasound and bloodwork together for him to make a decision about your treatment progression.
One round of IVF was $24,000 not including medications.
In my case, I only had one embryo to transfer each time, so there was nothing to discuss.

5 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Schoolcraft spent the time to give us his honest assessment of our realistic chances of having our own child, no matter the method....we appreciated the blunt approach taken by Dr. Schoolcraft...Dr. Schoolcraft takes a no-nonsense approach to treatment. Brutal honesty was welcomed by us. He answered every question we had every step of the way. Most of our procedures were actually performed by Dr. Surrey, who we could not recommend highly enough as well.
5 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
As mentioned in previous answer, Dr. Schoolcraft takes a no-nonsense approach to treatment. Brutal honesty was welcomed by us. He answered every question we had every step of the way. Most of our procedures were actually performed by Dr. Surrey, who we could not recommend highly enough as well.
Expect the blunt truth. Be thoroughly prepared when you get a private meeting with Dr. Schoolcraft as his time is limited.
Dr. Schoolcraft spent the time to give us his honest assessment of our realistic chances of having our own child, no matter the method. While we had experience with other reproductive endocrinologists that were empathetic, informative, and ultimately unsuccessful, we appreciated the blunt approach taken by Dr. Schoolcraft. He didn't tell us what we wanted to hear so that we would spend more time and money with him. He gave us hope, which is a dangerous thing to give to a couple in our situation. If mishandled, it could have only prolonged our torment. Instead, he approached our dilemma with professionalism and honesty. Looking back, it was exactly what we needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie Boland)
Katie is a remarkable professional and human being. Under the circumstances, she was exactly the type of personality that we needed throughout the process. She was so impressively organized that we always felt like we were her only patients. Every step of the way, we knew that we were in good hands.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength: CCRM's reputation for success was lofty, but they actually exceeded our expectations. They were able to create an environment that is professional, thorough, thoughtful, hopeful, and ultimately, human. They empowered us by educating us from the moment we arrived (literally, we were in a class to understand A.R.T., meet the nurses, and meet the embryologist). They were invested in our understanding of why this was happening to us and how they could help. Finally, there wasn't one person that we met who wasn't really good at their jobs. Weaknesses: As a couple from Chicago, the only weakness from our perspective was geography. We understand how fortunate we are to be able afford the expenses of being treated in Colorado, but felt overwhelmed thinking about those that can not.
Dr. Schoolcraft explained thoroughly the risks of a multiple embryo transfer and long-term benefit of eSET. After careful consideration of his recommendation and collaboration with our GC, we were comfortable with his preference for eSET.

3 IUI, IVF
I'm not sure what his [Dr. William Schoolcraft] strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers...I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be.
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I'm not sure what his strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers.
Ask any and all questions, be prepared, do research to be able to have questions.
I had my diagnosis of endometriosis prior to coming to CcRM. We tried 3 IUI's, all failed, and every time I ovulated too quickly. They didn't seem to try anything outside of their typical protocol and my 3rd iui was canceled due to missing ovulation. Now that we're moving on to IVF, I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be. My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation. Once, she told me 10 minutes of someone else's health issues before I realized she wasn't talking about me. We're local to CCRM and I've heard they're great so I'm trying to look past all of this.
1 iui with clomid and ovudril, switched to letrozole no trigger for last 2 IUI's. Clomid increased my cramping due to 4 follicles growing, letrozole gave me 1 follicle each time but sped up ovulation. Just received IVF protocol, priming with Doxycycline, cetrotide, estrogen patches. Stimming with cetrotide, gonal-f, menopur, and triggering with pregnyl and Lupron. No reasons were really given for any of them other than they should be successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
Staff is great but my nurse has been difficult to work with. She's unorganized, usually uninformed and somewhat checked out. I've met other great nurses but haven't asked to be switched since I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have no complaints. Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean.
So far we've spent about 15,000 in IUI's and testing. IVF with icsi will be 34,000.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
I know he [Dr. Schoolcraft] has a number of different protocols. The one he used was based on my previous history with other dr's while using clomid...He also recommended a d&c since my lining was very thick and old. I have pcos so my body sheds less lining. I bumped my vitamin D intake and my husband took his vitamin cocktail... He simplifies the process, lays it all out and gives your his opinion. He is also human and can only do so much. I was pleased that he doesnt sugar coat anything, knows what he is doing and gave me confidence in being his patient that at all times I was in very capable care.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is very capable in his field. I had unexplained infertility as well as a miscarriage. His plan of action seemed appropriate and addressed the issues I had. Although I have had symptoms of PCOS, I was never diagnosed with it. Dr. Schoolcraft cleared that issues and found that I did while all Drs through my adult life had missed it until age 36. He also recommended a D&C and after researching the procedure, I only felt comfortable for him to perform this procedure during retrieval vs. having another dr perform. I found him to completely competent and understanding. He never forced us to do anything that was outside our comfort zone and he recommended transfer of one singleton despite having a previous miscarriage. I feel his treatment was in my best interest from day 1.
We were not ones to have a ton of questions since we've been through it all. However, our communication with him was limited to our consultation. All other communication was done through our nurse out of personal preference. I felt that he was fully capable and if I had any concerns, nurse was competent and sought answers when needed. I would have all questions ready for consultation so that everything is crystal clear.
I felt human. Dr. Schoolcraft is there to do his job. He's not there to be your best friend or give your false hope. He simplifies the process, lays it all out and gives your his opinion. He is also human and can only do so much. I was pleased that he doesnt sugar coat anything, knows what he is doing and gave me confidence in being his patient that at all times I was in very capable care. His staff, especially nurse, Morgan is very much on top of things. Extremely responsive, caring and provides immediate feedback and ideas to assist during the process. I couldnt have asked for greater care besides the positive outcome that we had.
I dont remember the exact protocol, but I know he has a number of different protocols. The one he used was based on my previous history with other dr's while using clomid. his protocol worked for me. He also recommended a d&c since my lining was very thick and old. I have pcos so my body sheds less lining. I bumped my vitamin D intake and my husband took his vitamin cocktail. All worked out for us.
I have nothing but great accolades for Morgan. She is AMAZING!! Always responsive, knows her stuff, is always on top of things. If I am unable to reach her or she is out of the office, the nurse line is always available and very responsive as well. I absolutely loved my CCRM experience and was primarily due to her care.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM Lone Tree has many great positives. 1) excellent location 2) plenty to do in the area 3) great lodging options at different price points 4) location is very clean and welcoming 5) plenty of shopping / restaurants in the area 6) location feels very serene and excellent place to have an embryo transferred 7) proximity to Denver and Boulder gives you plenty to do if you want to extend your stay into a mini trip. Especially recommend the Botanical Gardens, gives you a place to relax with nature. 8) Provides on site acupuncture prior to transfer (very convenient) 9) has child care options nearby 10) Denver airport is easy to get in/out of. 11) Has a small onsite cafe with plenty of options. I have no negatives here. If I really had to search for something negative to say, maybe they could have a nicer outdoor/patio garden/greenery area to hang out and it gets pretty hot in the hot summer months.
We paid for specific one day work items while on site and then paid lump sum for the "package". Have a nominal credit on file that will be used towards next years storage fees and additional FET.
Everyone told us that Schoolcraft typically transfers two however we didnt find that to be the case. Schoolcraft recommended one transfer based on our history and age. I think his recommendations is based on your overall situation and not something he just thinks "will work". He wanted a positive outcome but also less risk for both me and potential baby.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Schoolcraft is a pioneer in his field. He is direct in his treatment and he gets results. He is not a warm and fuzzy doctor but was the only one able to get me to retrieval on first round without overstimulating me and resulted in my first child. I cannot day enough good things about his work, his clinic and the support I received from his staff especially being an out of state patient...For transfer they used a Lupron medication that was administered 2 months in advance to help with my endometriosis.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don’t be turned off if he is not warm. He states the facts and is honest with his treatment recommendations. His plans get young results.
Dr Schoolcraft and CCRM spent time answering my questions and helping me solve my infertility problems that other clinics could not
I did IVF and the protocol included antagonist treatment. I don’t recall the exact medications but took a few days longer to trigger. For transfer they used a Lupron medication that was administered 2 months in advance to help with my endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melanie )
Melanie was amazing. She was responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall the clinic was great. It gets results for many and is known for treating older difficult patients. I needed a clinic that would be honest with my issues and truly help. I would say is the best in there US. When I first arrived there were couples from all over the world in the lobby waiting for their day to begin. It is a little more expensive than other clinics with for IVF but with all the testing you know you are getting a perfect embryo. My perfect embryo made me a first time mom in September and I will forever be grateful for CCRM. They helped us start a family.
Costs were typical - meds, procedure, doctor time and testing. All in we spent about $30,000
No concerns as i was a relatively young patient for CCRM and didn’t want multiples. They also say the failure is lessened by only transferring 1

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Schoolcraft is a mild mannered person. He can be engaging, warm, and make small talk. He can also be a little flat at times, but that doesn't bother me. He generally gets to the point pretty quickly and takes time to answer questions...Have all of your questions written down and ready before speaking to him. He's not easy to access directly outside of scheduled face to face or phone appointments.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Other
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft has a mild mannered demeanor. He was very positive and optimistic for me. When I miscarried after the first embryo transfer, we talked on the phone. The first thing he said was, "I'm sending you a big hug." I had a nasty reaction to the progesterone in oil and he validated how awful that was and that that may be been the cause of why my pregnancy did not progress. He offered up doing a natural cycle the second time and expressed optimism for that approach for me.
1. Medicated cycle for first FET with single embryo transfer. This is pretty standard at fertility clinics. It's easiest to schedule and allows doctors to control all of the variable with synthetic hormones. I got pregnant and miscarried at week 5. I did not tolerate progesterone in oil well. We switched from sesame oil to ethyl oleate during the cycle. I did better with the ethyl oleate but then got really sick when I was expected to increase the dose following a positive pregnancy test. My pregnancy ended after I got sick. I opted for the single embryo transfer. My odds were 50% chance of it working. 2. Natural cycle for second FET: We took this approach due to my reaction to the progesterone in oil. Dr. Schoolcraft did not like the side effects and said it could have caused inflammation that terminated the pregnancy. He said that natural cycles were as effective as medicated cycles. (His nurse told me she has seen an uptick in the number of natural cycles happening for his patients, but wasn't sure if these were local patients.) The natural cycle does not involve progesterone in oil injections. I felt much better using this approach and have had positive home pregnancy tests. I will go in for a beta tomorrow. I also did acupuncture and Maya abdominal massage, which he was in support of. He also recommended transferring 2 embryos to better my odds. 70% chance of success with 2 embryos with a 30% chance of twins. I decided to bit the bullet and tempt twins.
The nursing staff is pretty big at CCRM. They are competent, knowledgable, and responsive. Sometimes it felt like communications could slip through the cracks and sometimes extra follow up was necessary. I was also very anxious at certain points and it's hard to discern whether it was my need for quick responses or they were slow on replies.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
What I really like about CCRM is how thorough they are with diagnostics. The one day work up is totally exhausting, but worth it. I had to undergo an HSG, hysteroscopy, doppler to determine blood flow levels to my uterus, and a lot of laboratory work. Not all clinics require all of these diagnostics. My results were unremarkable. However, my best friend who also goes to Dr Schoolcraft had a polyp detected during the hysteroscopy, which he removed before proceeding with an eSET. I think that all factors that could impede success with IVF should be ruled out beforehand, otherwise it is major waste of time and money. The other thing I liked about CCRM was that they do an estrogen priming cycle before the egg retrieval. I had better egg retrieval results at age 39 at CCRM and than Fertility Centers of Illinois at age 37. FCI did not do estrogen priming cycles. I think the hardest part of working with CCRM is waiting to get started on the process since there are steps to take before an egg retrieval and transfer, and you cannot dive right in. It's worth it though.
A lot was covered by my health insurance. The CCS testing on the embryos was over $5K. The FET was over $5K. If you have United Healthcare PPO that is the best to have for CCRM. Both the clinic and lab are in-network with UHC. UHC is the only insurance the lab accepts. The clinic accepts a few other types of health insurance. I would say that insurance covers 2/3 the total cost.
He recommended transferring two embryos, but I really did not want to risk twins the first time. I gave me the stats. He supported my decision.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
What he [Dr. Schoolcraft] may lack in bedside manner he makes up for in knowing the latest and best treatments for your specific diagnosis... On transfer day, I had acupuncture in the office, the transfer and then more acupuncture. We transferred 2 embryos and they were both successful...he requires all patients to go in for a one day workup. This is all new testing in addition to what you have had before. From there he develops a plan. Stimulation phase lasted for a couple months based on my diagnosis. Since my egg quality was an issue he had a clinical trial with açaí berry extract that I took for 3 months before retrieval.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is the best at what he does. He will be straightforward and honest with you about what your chances are and what your best treatment option would be. He is not a doctor that will hold your hand, but he is THE BEST.
Know that he is the best at what he does. What he may lack in bedside manner he makes up for in knowing the latest and best treatments for your specific diagnosis.
While our interactions with Dr. Schoolcraft were only during the initial workup, a couple phone calls, and the transfer, he was polite and informative. He is not someone that will hold your hand through the process, but he is VERY good at what he does. The nurses and other staff were wonderful. You develop a much closer relationship with your nurse due to the amount you interact with her.
First, he requires all patients to go in for a one day workup. This is all new testing in addition to what you have had before. From there he develops a plan. Stimulation phase lasted for a couple months based on my diagnosis. Since my egg quality was an issue he had a clinical trial with açaí berry extract that I took for 3 months before retrieval. I took birth control for 2 months, then gonal f and follistim, then cetrotide, trigger shot and retrieval. This protocol produced not only more eggs but twice as many viable ones after 5 days. Since we had testing on the embryos we waited 2 months to do the FET. I was on birth control for 2 months, then lupron, estrogen, and progesterone (suppositories and shots). On transfer day, I had acupuncture in the office, the transfer and then more acupuncture. We transferred 2 embryos and they were both successful.
Flo was wonderful. She listened, provided feedback and assurance and quickly returned phone calls. All nursing staff I encountered were friendly and competent and caring.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Many have described this clinic as a factory that churns out patients. To me, that is what I wanted. Someone who KNOWS what they are doing and is THE expert. They have years and years of developing protocols for each problem couples can have and finding a way to help. I have also heard that Schoolcraft can be a little blunt, but I have not found that to be true. He tells things like they are but is also personable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
While it was "monitoring hours" I felt that they were able to get people in and out quickly. Because I was also and out of town patient, I had to deal with other obstacles back at home regarding monitoring, but none of it had to do with the clinic itself.
For the package of IVF, CCS testing, and a frozen transfer it was around, 17K. This did not include medications, travel or the one day workup.

5 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
Schoolcraft is not warm & fuzzy, he’s a scientist and approaches medicine from that perspective.... His greatest strength is his brain - his cutting edge research is what makes CCRM so successful. He doesn’t coddle you or give false hope, but he was always kind and straightforward with us.... two specific distinctions from my previous clinic were: 1. Two months of depoleupron leading up to transfer (supposed to help make your uterine lining more “sticky”)
5 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
His greatest strength is his brain - his cutting edge research is what makes CCRM so successful. He doesn’t coddle you or give false hope, but he was always kind and straightforward with us. I felt he listened to us, answered all of our questions, gave us his full attention when we met. He recommended options based on CCRM’s extensive testing but let us make the final decision.
Be patient, persistent, and always ask for what you want,
CCRM is so big, I definitely felt like a number sometimes. Schoolcraft is not warm & fuzzy, he’s a scientist and approaches medicine from that perspective. However my team of nurses always treated me with utmost care & compassion. My overall experience with the CCRM staff was very positive.
I don’t remember details but two specific distinctions from my previous clinic were: 1. Two months of depoleupron leading up to transfer (supposed to help make your uterine lining more “sticky”) and it worked because our first round with CCRM was successful and our 4 previous rounds at another clinic resulted in miscarriage. 2. I did a double Lipton trigger shot instead of an hgc trigger,
Our experience with the nursing staff was wonderful! Everyone was so helpful and our assigned nurses (one for each cycle) were fantastic, caring, compassionate and made us feel important/special.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is well staffed, well organized and runs smoothly almost all of the time. I believe they seek to provide top notch care to all their patients. I appreciate their good communication, though their online portal can be a bit tricky to navigate at first. You definitely don’t have easy access to the doctors, but the nurses were available 24/7.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Some appointment were made for specific times, others were during a window but I never felt like I had to wait too long. They were always efficient and timely.
Travel, airfare, hotel One day workup Additional testing at home Medications Acupuncture Cycle Monitoring
We were sufficiently educated. With our history of loss, dr. schoolcraft had no reservations about transferring two embryos on the first round, even though I was under 35. After that resulted in a singleton, we were advised to consider only transferring one the second time, but ultimately we felt that the risk of twins was worth more than the risk of another loss. Our second round resulted in twins. If/when we return for a third round we would only transfer one.

2013 - 2016
Dr Schoolcraft has a wonderful bedside manner making you feel like you're his only patient...I truly had very minimal interaction with Dr. Schoolcraft but when I did he was very helpful. He explained outcomes, risks and purposes for using a specific drug vs other drugs for example. I remember coming out of one my procedures and he walked with me down the hall saying, "you're superwoman, you handled that procedure like a champ". So when I did see him on rare occasion he was very comforting & supportive.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
make sure you have a list of questions written down when you know you will be talking with Dr. Schoolcraft. You only interact with him a few times so your time is limited and you want to be prepared.
Although this is a very busy practice Dr Schoolcraft has a wonderful bedside manner making you feel like you're his only patient.
I'm sorry I don't have that info handy. I was on birth control, hormone treatments for egg production, progesterone, lupron, estradiol, and a few others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Ellie has a very pleasant attitude. She is overall very helpful when needing additional information. She was timely in her responses.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is very organized and has the entire procedure beginning from your first check-in, to blood draw timings, and procedures down to a science. Most clinics you sit in the waiting room for long periods of time whereas CCRM is pretty timely in keeping on schedule.
I can't remember everything but my last years costs for transfer procedures was $11,000 plus an additional $2100 for medications. My initial retrieval & fresh trahsfer including meds was $34,000.

7 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Immunological, Unexplained
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] did an extremely thorough workup and was very upfront about his impression and what he felt would get us the best results. When we decided to go ahead with the transfer to me, even though he recommended doing a gestational carrier, he supported us. There were a few times where we don't feel like he gave us a good explanation or solid reasoning behind his recommendations but our case was very unusual and so it was kind of understandable.
7 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He did an extremely thorough workup and was very upfront about his impression and what he felt would get us the best results. When we decided to go ahead with the transfer to me, even though he recommended doing a gestational carrier, he supported us. There were a few times where we don't feel like he gave us a good explanation or solid reasoning behind his recommendations but our case was very unusual and so it was kind of understandable.
You will get a very thorough workup and he may find something others have not. He is excellent at what he does and his lab is the best in the country. But don't expect a warm and fuzzy approach or to see him often or for a long period of time. He is very curt and up front but we don't mind that.
He has a tremendous amount of patients and hardly ever see him but our nurse was fantastic and was able to communicate through him very well
For the egg retrieval he started with a high dose of stimulation meds even though I had responded well in the past but said we could always back down. He delayed the retrieval by one day since we had such a large variation of egg size. His colleague retrieved 18 eggs but only 5 were mature and only 1 fertilized so they did a "rescue ICSI" on the second day which is still kind of an experimental procedure and all remaining 9 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 embryos and 5 were PGS normal. We decided to do a transfer on me instead of GC, although Dr. Schoolcraft said chances were much higher with GC but since we had 5 PGS norma embryos we thought it was with one try. Since I had +anti-phospholipid antibodies I started on lovenox one the day of transfer. We did a prep with dexamethasone, doxy, endometrin, progesterone in oil injection, estradiol patches and we had a positive pregnancy test 2 weeks ago with increasing hcg levels. Our first 6.5 week ultrasound is in 2 days so well see!
The nursing staff was incredibly organized, friendly, supportive and helpful. Our nurse was like our cheerleader and was so positive all the time. She responded to my questions in a very timely manner and thoroughly. She always laid out the plan so we knew what to expect and was not afraid to ask Dr. Schoolcraft questions whenever we needed.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is extremely well organized, friendly and helpful. They are so accommodating for out of towners and have it all figured out to get you in and out on time.

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Schoolcraft failed to consider alternative therapies after multiple failed attempts - simply said try again, and charged for every test even when he personally said he wouldn't... Dr. Schoolcraft is a scientist and a businessman. He is good at creating a highly functioning lab, but terrible with patients. He failed to diagnose a very simple uterine condition that was spotted by two other fertility clinics. He is a terrible communicator - would prefer to keep patients in the dark. It feels as if he assumes that we are all of lesser intelligence and can't handle the information. In addition, he never spent the time to adjust therapies for better outcomes, nor offer vitamin supplement regimens even after the second failed retrieval attempt.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Go somewhere else. Do not listen to the hype. He has built himself a phenomenal industry but he is not a proficient doctor.
Dr. Schoolcraft failed to consider alternative therapies after multiple failed attempts - simply said try again, and charged for every test even when he personally said he wouldn't (some of his other doctors consider the patient). Calling to reach anyone at that office was like going through a maze - direct lines were not released, and rarely did the person on the other end know anything about your history or condition when answering questions. Going through the office felt like going through a cow line at a milking facility.
I was on a standard protocol (I believe #3 at CCRM) I am happy to find it if you would like to reach me directly. I have all information stored on all treatments. He did not alter the protocol despite same outcomes - tons of eggs, all chromosomally abnormal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: I had several over the course of my time there.)
It varied widely on the nurse. Some were organized but had no compassion, others the opposite. In either case, they were all overworked and puppets of the doc, so that even when they might have done the right thing, they were unable to act. Most were so busy that they couldn't keep on top of their case loads.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's an embryo factory. The lab is what is well known but frankly even they're not perfect. They had to explain to me once why 50% of my eggs didn't survive a thaw, and didn't know why. If your problem is anything other than standard, they will not be able to treat you - that holds true for all doctors there, as they are obligated to toe the line. They will perform tests in house so that your insurance can't pay for them, and you have to pay $100's for a test that insurance would have covered. I don't have anything good to say about CCRM.
About $35 - $40K per attempt with my own eggs x 2 = $75K
He preferred to implant no more than 2.
Lone Tree

...he [Dr. Schoolcraft] recommended DE to us, his reasoning was I failed to make Blast on 2 previous IVFs. I was 32 and DH 33 at the time. AFC 10-12 . NOT DOR pt. I explained that I am so many eggs left and I am still young and not ready for DE. He said hes willing to try IVM but hes not too hopeful!...I went to CCRM w high hopes. From my initial consult Dr S suggested DE based on my two failed cycles. I explained to him that I'm not ready to give up on my own eggs at 32, my afc is around 10-12 so I do have lots of eggs left I explained that I can do DE at late 30s...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I went to CCRM w high hopes. From my initial consult Dr S suggested DE based on my two failed cycles. I explained to him that I'm not ready to give up on my own eggs at 32, my afc is around 10-12 so I do have lots of eggs left I explained that I can do DE at late 30s. He suggested IVM which I wasn't comfortable with since is experimental but the results won't be reported (part of SART) which he's really big on...On day 3 the embryologist called me and said I have good looking day 3 with less than 10% frag and I told him I want to freeze but he said it's not up to him ! I begged my nurse to freeze one on day 3 but she said Dr Slijes to push them to blast and CCS testing is part of my protocol(did I Mention I was 32 w no known genetic problems all tests were normal.) but they get to charge you extra 4K for CCS testing. Once again I went w his recommendation but I should have trusted my gut! On day 6 the embryologist called to said none made it.
on his famous ODWU he recommended DE to us, his reasoning was I failed to make Blast on 2 previous IVFs. I was 32 and DH 33 at the time. AFC 10-12 . NOT DOR pt. I explained that I am so many eggs left and I am still young and not ready for DE. He said hes willing to try IVM but hes not too hopeful!
IVM protocol, 2 retrieved, Good quality day 3, called the nurse and requested to freeze on Day 3, Dr. S refused saying he wants to push to blast to do CCS testing ( I was 32 at the time). No blast
She was very nice and caring.
one of the best labs in North America. amazing Embryologist

3 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He's not warm or personal. He's smart, though. He will tell you his opinion, even when it's not helpful (such as telling me that something another doctor told me about was "utter quackery"). He didn't really know me at all. He sees so many patients and I didn't have much of a relationship with him....My 'home' clinic sent information that CCRM interpreted differently, and then blamed my home clinic, which was totally inaccurate. And, I had a biopsy and they never called to tell me it was normal. I had to call them.
3 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don't expect a warm doctor or compassion, but he is intelligent and has a lot of experience
I sent 5 frozen eggs there in 2013 that were retreived and frozen in 2012. One did not defrost successfully. Of those 4, all were ICSIed and 1 fertilized (that was the worst result for all 6 cycles in terms of fertilization percentage, so I don't know if it was b/c the eggs were frozen badly or got damaged during shipment), that one made it to day 5, and was chromosomally normal. I transfered it in 2015 and am pregnant now. Thank I did 2 additional egg retrievals there. One was with ganirelix for 3 days before menses, then a lupron micro-dose every 12 hours for a few days and then adding menopur and 300 fsh/day. The other one was ganirelix for 3 days before menses, then menopur and 300 fsh/day. He tried the lupron micro-dosing but it didn't produce more eggs, so the antagonist was better. We used ICSI and about 75% fertilized each time. I had 2 make it to day 5, but none were chromosomally normal
Really difficult to get a hold of with lots of phone tag. That changed a bit for the transfer b/c the nurse gave me her direct number, but it still wasn't so great.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Difficult to coordinate with and it's like a factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Mostly a lot of people waiting and not very convenient
$75k
Lone Tree

Doctor Schoolcraft was very thorough in explaining the risks and benefits for transferring more than 1 embryo and made sure that we were absolutely sure we were ok with the chance of having twins or more. We now have b/g twins and couldn't be happier with the results! Dr. Schoolcraft personally called me back when I had questions about doing chromosomal testing and whether or not he thought it was necessary. He was very honest and told me he did not think we needed to do it because of my age and other factors. That saved us thousands, when he could have said yes you need to do it in order to charge us more money. I appreciated his honesty in every situation we encountered.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask lots of questions, don't be shy. He's there to answer your questions and address your concerns.
I felt that he was very honest and up front about what treatment would be best in our situation and give us the best possible outcome. He was always available for questions and never made me feel like I was asking a stupid question.
I was on the lowest doses of meds and responded well to the protocol. They did a great job monitoring and adjusting meds as needed. I did have some hyper stimulation, but they made adjustments and also had me take an oral medication to help and we were able to go through with a fresh transfer. Had they not reacted and adjusted meds at the first sign of hyper stimulation we may have had to pay thousand more to do a frozen cycle.
The nursing staff was great! They answered any questions we had and called promptly with test results and medication adjustments. They gave great instruction and were available if I had any questions regarding administering any of the meds.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic staff was always very welcoming and kind, happy to answer any questions and direct you where to go. They offered so many resources.
Part of our treatment was donated, but I believe we still paid at least $8000 out of pocket.
Lone Tree

Schoolcraft is blunt and honest, which I valued. When trying to figure out how many embryos to transfer, he asked us "What scares you more: failure or twins?" It was exactly the question we needed to be asked to make the right decision for us. It worked. We now have boy/girl twins conceived in our first round of IVF.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Expect a professional who has years of experience and results, but don't expect him to hold your hand, cry with you, or walk you through every detail. He is available when medically necessary and answered all our big questions, carefully evaluating and adjusting our plan as needed.
It is a busy clinic. I did not expect hand holding or emotional support. They can recommend you join support groups or see counsellors for that. I was there for their lab and proven results, so being a number was fine with me.
They made the decision to abandon the fresh transfer when my hormone levels did not cooperate. While frustrating to travel back home four hours away and wait several weeks on more medication to attempt a frozen transfer, the cycle was successful and thus prudent to adjust.
I was most disappointed in my nurse. She was rude and disorganized, always calling me at the end of the day with vital information on medicine and next steps, putting me in a panic to get the correct drugs on time due to my rural location. She would often call my home line despite requests to use my cell, also creating issues for managing care on time-sensitive matters. When working with my local hospital/lab on procuring blood work results, she was not helpful at all in communicating or working with the local resources. Every day was more stressful than it needed to be.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is clean and very much it's own hospital facility. Easy parking.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
I did most monitoring away from the clinic as I lived four hours away.
Roughly $25k

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Schoolcraft is clearly a very educated physician. He is very professional but lacks in the area of compassion... In the end, there is no need to go all the way to Colorado to pay double the price without the outcome.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is clearly a very educated physician. He is very professional but lacks in the area of compassion. We had to use TWO different donor's for my second and third cycle of donor egg IVF and the first resulted in a chemical pregnancy after only ONE egg fertilized of 10 frozen eggs. The second donor cycle I asked for PGS to be performed as this would be my SIXTH IVF, and I was told it did NOT need to be done. I ended up with a 13 week Down's syndrome baby that I miscarried, required a d&e for, and hemorrhaged. In the end, there is no need to go all the way to Colorado to pay double the price without the outcome.
There is nothing special about traveling all the way to Colorado for fertility treatments unless you live there already. Stay local and pay less.
CCRM is a very busy practice. I am a physician and hoped to be treated as one. In the end, I felt like just a number and a checkbook. Everything there is double the price anywhere else. There was ONE nurse who I worked with who was compassionate and warm, the rest treated you like a number. In the end, because we complained, I was given special treatment but only because we had had such poor results.
I had already undergone 3 cycles of IVF in my hometown: 2 fresh cycles with my own eggs (neg pregnancy tests), and a third cycle FET with PGS tested normal embryos which resulted in a blighted ovum. I had heard that CCRM was the place for difficult cases so I went there. I underwent a FET after a retrieval of PGS tested normal embryos which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. At that point, it was recommended I either use a donor egg or a surrogate, but I was not given direction as to which was preferred. I chose to use a donor egg. I used a donor who had 10 eggs frozen. When we arrived, only ONE fertilized and was transferred on day 3. I was heartbroken and begged for him to also transfer my last frozen embryo so a day 5 transfer of my embryo was also performed that cycle (double transfer). After a chemical pregnancy, I insisted that since I had the worst donor ever, I was given special consideration. After a long conversation, he stated I could try again with a proven donor from his database for free. She had 16 frozen eggs and we transferred 2 day 5 embryos. I had asked for them to be PGS tested but I was told that was unnecessary. I ended up with a positive NIPT test at 10 weeks for down's and a positive CVS for down's. I then miscarried at 13 weeks. I then left CCRM and returned to my hometown where I am now 30 weeks pregnant after donor egg IVF on my first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie was the best. She was compassionate, caring, and helpful. She was the best part of CCRM.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is impressive. It has fancy decor, waterfalls, and high ceilings. But it's like a factory and you never feel like you are treated as a patient but a number.
Almost double the price of any other fertility clinic I have encountered. I paid approximately 42k for my donor cycle and back in my hometown, I was given an amazing donor (who produces over 60 eggs per cycle and has already given 2 other couples babies) and paid a total of 25k total and I'm actually going to end up a mom! Everything is pay first and if you get reimbursed later, then you're lucky. You speak with financial people almost every major visit.

How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
The experience of being Dr. Schoolcraft’s patient isn’t what might be expected as the patient of an assigned doctor. I had almost no interaction with him outside of a ~15 minute phone call that felt more like a business development get-you-in-the-door call than anything specifically related to my chart or my care. In that meeting he pitched that the CCRM lab would have significantly better results than my previous clinic, but that proved to not be the case. In a much later phone call about starting a second cycle, I spent $250 for the call, which lasted under 5 minutes because he admitted he had not looked my chart and therefore didn’t have much to say.
If you go to Dr. Schoolcraft you must be prepared to have almost zero interaction with him. If you’re lucky you’ll be able to have some strategy conversations with him, but in my experience I spoke with him on the consultation call, and saw him once for a few minutes, but had no interaction with him from that point on (he didn’t do my retrieval, wasn’t there for complications after retrieval, and never did a debrief to discuss the disappointing results of the cycle).
I definitely felt like a number. Even just calling and trying to get ahold of a human on the phone you’ll get that sense -- it was standard to spend 20 minutes on hold just to eventually leave a voice mail message that you hoped would get answered in the next 24 hours. There are some medical facilities that have high volume, but still manage to get you where you need to go quickly (usually to a real human who sees your chart and can answer a question or direct you where you need to go), but this wasn’t the case here. Some of the systems they had in place seemed designed to overlook individuals. For example, before my cycle started my nurse coordinator had a medical issue that meant she wouldn’t be working for the entirety of my cycle. That wouldn’t have been problematic, but the CCRM policy was to not assign a new nurse coordinator, and just let me rely on whichever nurse was around to answer questions. This inevitably meant things fell through the cracks -- I complained and they did give me a new primary nurse, but the fact that it’s set up this way is telling.
Cycle before stimulation, both partners did doxycycline 2x per day for 10 days. Used home ovulation predictor kits, 10 days after LH surge was detected in the kits started Vivelle 0.1 mg patches every other day, Day 11 post LH surge started Cetrotide 0.25 mg until Day 13 after surge. At start of stim cycle, began with 2 vials of Menopur in morning and 300 units Gonal-F + Dexamethasone in evening. Believe dosage was increased significantly but can’t find specifics. Believe trigger was 2500 hCG & 0.8mL of Lupron twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jill Radke)
I started off with a great nurse, but unfortunately she had a medical issue and had to take a leave. After that I got bounced around to a few different nurses, and eventually ended up having most of my care handled by Jill Radke. The experience was mediocre. I often found it very difficult to get in touch with someone from the nursing staff, which led to concrete issues. For example, a nurse is supposed to call you in the afternoon after testing to give you an updated stimulation protocol. On more than one occasion I had that call not come through, and when I tried to call back I couldn’t reach someone. I eventually would speak with someone after hours who didn’t have access to my electronic medical record from her home, so just told me to inject whatever I injected the night before. Given the amount we were paying and the importance of the cycle, this obviously didn’t feel like good care. During the pre and post operation experience at retrieval I had very bad nursing experiences. There were several issues, a few examples of which: they said they would send me home with antibiotics which they did not, and they sent me home with incorrect discharge instructions that resulted in a later complication. The biggest problem I ran into with the nursing team came post op (I’ll cover it in the clinic experience section).
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They might have a great lab, but if the systems aren’t in place to make sure that patients can smoothly and safely make it through a cycle that’s a big problem. In my experience I found it did not seem that there was real oversight over my case or case management, both from a macro level and at a detailed level. I experienced several issues of clinic disorganization that were not only stressful but had the potential to impact my cycle. A small example was slipping through the cracks and never hearing protocol updates, then not being able to reach someone to give me accurate stimulation protocol information. The biggest issue I encountered was with a post-retrieval complication. I had very severe symptoms and was not seen by a doctor. I was seen by a nurse who did not consult my chart (which would, in retrospect, have given her real clues as to what was going on). They very flippantly treated me as if all women must just be a little crazy post retrieval and didn’t take my concerns seriously, which led to a dangerous situation and eventual hospitalization.
Not including testing and medications (which added up to several thousand dollars), total due to the clinic at the time of starting medications was $22,435. I didn’t realize at the time that this included the fees for a transfer even though we weren’t planning on an immediate transfer. Breakdown: 2014 “IVF cycle package”: $13,480 ICSI: $2,650 PGS chromosomal screening for 4 embryos: $6,875 Anesthesia: $430
I don’t remember having a discussion around eSET.

IUI, 4 IVF
Dr. Schoolcraft only took me on if I agreed to PGD (CCS test as they call it at CCRM) all my embryos. Of my 10 embryos, 6 made it to blast and all came back genetically abnormal. Once I got those results, I had to wait 2 weeks to speak Dr. Schoolcraft...I had no good embryos so that meant no transfer...Once I managed to get a phone call from him 2 weeks after the PGD result, he refered me over to the donor egg department.
IUI, 4 IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I did 4, completed cycles with Dr. Schoolcraft. During the 4 cycles, I saw him twice and he had zero recollection of me or my medical history. Quite honestly I only kept going back because the treatments were a 100% covered by insurance and I loved skiing in Vail during and after the treatments :-) Dr. Schoolcraft only took me on if I agreed to PGD (CCS test as they call it at CCRM) all my embryos. Of my 10 embryos, 6 made it to blast and all came back genetically abnormal. Once I got those results, I had to wait 2 weeks to speak Dr. Schoolcraft. Who does that to a patient who just got such bad news????? They didn't care. I was just a number. I had no good embryos so that meant no transfer and I didn't ruin their statistics. Once I managed to get a phone call from him 2 weeks after the PGD result, he refered me over to the donor egg department. That was it. See ya later! I was too old and I was never going to be beneficial to their statistics.
Do not go to Dr. Schoolcraft if you have less than 20 resting follicles and low AMH.
No one ever remembered me
I started with growth hormones, Lupron micro, followed by menapure, gonal F, ganorelix and trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The nursing staff was super professional but they still made a lot of mistakes. Once they give me full dosage Lupron, instead of the micro, once they gave me an egg donors medication by mistake and once they gave me the wrong trigger instructions. Luckily I caught all the mistakes in time so I saved all my cycles.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is absolutely beautiful. It's like the Four Seasons of fertility clinics.
Don't remeber. Was 100% covered by insurance

2013
19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Schoolcraft has excellent bedside manner. He answered all of my questions, I had a clear understanding of my plan of care and my next steps, and he asked me personal/conversational questions where we were able to make a connection...Review the binder materials, come prepared with your questions, and utilize Dr. Schoolcraft's nurses. It is easy to become overwhelmed during the process and being prepared help me gain control and ownership of my infertility treatment.
2013
19 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft and CCRM-Colorado are the best in the nation. I have recommended both friends and family as patients to him and his partners. Dr. Schoolcraft was very clear with my results and my options to move forward; he gave me all my options and then made a recommendation. I am happy that I moved forward with egg freezing and knowing that when I'm ready I have 19 eggs frozen and waiting for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Amy Schaff)
I loved all of the nurses that I worked with at CCRM. I am a busy working executive and couldn't always speak freely when they would call. My nurse was aware of this, so she would follow-up with an email to be sure I got my dose information since I couldn't ask questions if I was in front of my staff. Happy with my care and happy with the result!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: World-class, ethical, best IVF lab, best docs - I would NEVER go anywhere else! Weakness: While I was thrilled with my results and the majority of my friends have been blessed as well, there is a limit to what science and medical intervention can do. FYI: I hadn't read my binder/next steps carefully so didn't realize I needed to let my nurse know which pharmacy I needed my prescriptions called into, thankfully we (my nurse and I) caught in just in time.
I don't recall

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Everything I had read about Dr. S [Schoolcraft] was that he had a terrible bedside manner and no compassion. I was on my last rope with TTC and I didn't need coddling, I needed the truth, and I needed the best. What I honestly found was that he is a scientist, plain and simple. As most scientists, he seemed to be a bit awkward talking to patients, and maybe a bit uncomfortable. He's actually quite funny as well.... Don't be "put off" because he's not the "run up and give you a big hug" type of doctor. He's amazing at what he does.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Everything I had read about Dr. S was that he had a terrible bedside manner and no compassion. I was on my last rope with TTC and I didn't need coddling, I needed the truth, and I needed the best. What I honestly found was that he is a scientist, plain and simple. As most scientists, he seemed to be a bit awkward talking to patients, and maybe a bit uncomfortable. He's actually quite funny as well.
I tell people that CCRM is like a well oiled machine. Where you go, what you do, who you see, etc. is all written out and explained. I didn't exactly get the "warm and fuzzies" from anyone there, but I didn't need my hand held, I needed results.
EPP protocol - less meds than any of my previous cycles, though still stimed for 12 days, and E2 plateaued. 21 eggs retrieved - 14 matured - 9 fertilized - 5 made it to blast - 3 were normal FET of 2 embryos resulted in B/G twins FET of final embryo was negative
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Heidi Kodmeyer)
Heidi was amazing. She communicated very well, and always listened if I had a concern.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They're just not a fluffy/feel good clinic, for the most part. They get you in/out and done. I really didn't care at that point because I had failed so many other times that I just wanted results. They definitely have everything lined out for out of state patients, which made the travel/coordination SO much easier to deal with!
We were 100% out of pocket, which quickly added up, but I don't remember the specific costs.
Felt very educated, and made the decision for ourselves.

2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] put me on a PCOS protocol that included metformin during the egg retrieval to improve egg quality because that had been an issue in my previous cycles. He also recommended doing PGS to screen for any chromosomal abnormalities. Because of my history of unexplained recurrent miscarriage he recommended trying their recurrent miscarriage protocol "Claritin, Pepcid AC and Prednisone." He explained that there were no clinical trials to support the use of these medications and it was akin to "voodoo" but that they had some anecdotal evidence that it had helped some women and he thought it was worth a try. I had an amazing cycle, producing 62 eggs and 27 embryos of which 19 were genetically normal.
2012
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
My husband and I traveled to CCRM from Pennsylvania as a "Last shot" after our local fertility doctor told us she could no longer help us. First, we spoke to Dr. Schoolcraft on the phone during a consult and he had clearly read our very thick medical record and he presented a very reasonable treatment plan. We never felt rushed by him and he always explained his reasoning and was available for questions as needed. I honestly don't have anything negative to say about him or my experience at CCRM.
He's one of the best!
He spent time with my husband and me. He was patient, thorough and compassionate. His office staff and nurses are all very kind and the program is extremely well organized.
He put me on a PCOS protocol that included metformin during the egg retrieval to improve egg quality because that had been an issue in my previous cycles. He also recommended doing PGS to screen for any chromosomal abnormalities. Because of my history of unexplained recurrent miscarriage he recommended trying their recurrent miscarriage protocol "Claritin, Pepcid AC and Prednisone." He explained that there were no clinical trials to support the use of these medications and it was akin to "voodoo" but that they had some anecdotal evidence that it had helped some women and he thought it was worth a try. I had an amazing cycle, producing 62 eggs and 27 embryos of which 19 were genetically normal. We transferred 2 and I gave birth to healthy twins in 2013. This is in direct contrast to my other egg retrieval at a local clinic which resulted in 10 embryos, all of which were transferred over several cycles none of which resulted in a live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but I can't remember her name )
They were all extremely compassionate, knowledgeable and organized. There is superb communication at CCRM which is essential for successful cycles.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Extremely well organized and well run. Deal well with couples traveling from other states and complicated medical issues. Expensive.
Approx $40,000 for cycle and genetic testing of embryos.

2005 - 2012
Dr. Schoolcraft is direct and supportive. He honestly answered my concerns and questions and didn't just run tests and procedures unnecessarily. He was honest with his opinions and his treatment plan...We ended up doing ICSI on half of the retrieved eggs and those were the only ones to fertilize. We had 9 embryos in the beginning but by day 3 only 4 remained and Dr. Schoolcraft personally called me to discuss implant at that point over waiting another day or two.
2005 - 2012
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask questions up front. Be an active member in your treatment.
The clinic was very busy but everyone was very warm and supportive and willing to take the time to explain things and answer all questions.
We had unexplained infertility and at one point Dr Schoolcraft simply stated the IVF was our best option. He told us there were other tests and treatments just to be completely thorough he could do which were less invasive and costly but if they didn't work we would be doing IVF eventually anyway so the best course would be to just go with IVF instead. I appreciated the honest assessment and feelings given at that time. We ended up doing ICSI on half of the retrieved eggs and those were the only ones to fertilize. We had 9 embryos in the beginning but by day 3 only 4 remained and Dr. Schoolcraft personally called me to discuss implant at that point over waiting another day or two. Together we choose to implant that day. He chose the three best embryos left for the implant and fortunately all three took. The one remaining embryo failed shortly after we did the implant.
Such a great staff here. Friendly, supportive and caring. Even in a very busy practice they got to know me and my husband. They took the time to explain things and work with us.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've had nothing bit positive feelings and results from the clinic, staff and doctors. They are patient, supportive and caring to everyone who walks through the door. They work miracles for most on their patients and for those still struggling they are compassionate and understanding to.
Doctors fees, lab fees, medications, procedure fees.
We choose to implant three because my embryos were failing at a high rate. We placed three in the hopes that just one would make it. Of the 14 embryos we had only the three implanted remained viable all of the others failed.

2011
10 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
2011
10 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Loved Dr. Schoolcraft's candor and professionalism. The counselor (I wish I could remember her name) was amazing. I felt better talking to her than anyone else I met along our fertility path. The rest of the staff was great, as well.
It is expensive and can be a long process, but you may get answers from him that you can't/couldn't get elsewhere.
After almost 4 years of fertility treatments and procedures with Dr. Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois, we left and went to Dr. Schoolcraft for a consult and work-up. Basically, in that one visit Dr. Schoolcraft gave us more information and support than we received in the almost 4 years at FCI. In order to begin IVF treatments I was told I needed to have hysteroscopy (not an HSG- I had already had that before I had IUI treatments the year before). I had this procedure done by my gynecologist and she found that I had a unicornuate uterus. Dr. Kaplan said that this condition would not be a problem for getting pregnant or complicate things. Well, after almost 4 years of ongoing treatments (IUIs, IVF, 3 miscarriages, 1 round of donor eggs and many terrible appts.) we were told by Dr. Schoolcraft (after a few hours and tests) that a unicornuate uterus is a much more complicated condition and that would explain pretty much every problem I had getting pregnant, producing eggs, and staying pregnant. He recommended a surrogate and egg donor combination (for a successful pregnancy) rather than me trying to carry a child. He said that I would be high risk and most likely miscarry or deliver preterm (around 20 weeks) if we tried again. Thanks to Dr. Schoolcraft and the technology at CCRM my husband and I decided to leave the world of fertility behind and proceed with adoption (a process we had started). We adopted our son almost exactly 6 months later. Seeing Schoolcraft was the best decision we made (besides adoption). Wish we had seen him first. Would have saved us a lot of heartache and pain.
Direct, organized, professional

Poor Egg Quality, Other
Very straight forward and no nonsense, but he’s [Dr. Schoolcraft] still kind- some may view this as bad bedside manner but I appreciate someone who is straight to the point. Very knowledgeable and appreciated my questions and deligient research ... Antagonist protocol- he wanted to concentrate on quantity over quality (we thought my quality would be good). ... Strong preference to single embryo transfer, but was open to consider two.
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Very straight forward and no nonsense, but he’s still kind- some may view this as bad bedside manner but I appreciate someone who is straight to the point. Very knowledgeable and appreciated my questions and deligient research
Don’t expect much hand holding, be prepared to ask all your questions, he’s thorough but only if you engage. Otherwise, he’ll just setup your treatment and if you go
Everything was very well organized, all the staff treated me as if I’d known them before even if it was our first time meeting, very thorough, nobody disregarded any of my questions and concerns
Antagonist protocol- he wanted to concentrate on quantity over quality (we thought my quality would be good). Vivelle patch, Cetrotide, Menopur, Gonal F, Dexamethosone, Novarel trigger. 19 eggs retrieved, 12 mature enough for fertilization, 9 fertilized, only 1 made it to ccs testing and came back abnormal, no transfer.
Very organized and always helpful, great communicator always got back to me in a timely manner
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I was Very impressed and felt comforted by the staff, their attention to detail, and their friendliness. Everyone was able to answer my questions or immediately find an answer for me. They did not dismiss my concerns.
Out of town costs separate- approx 30k with consult, all testing, meds, retrieval, and transfer
Strong preference to single embryo transfer, but was open to consider two.

8 IUI, 4 Embryo Freezing, IVF
The is thoughtful of my particular case and willing to hear what I want as well. He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] is caring about the results and very hopeful as if I feel he is 100% on my team. From the first phone consult, I felt very connected to him and I never felt rushed in saying what I needed to say to him.... Dr. Schoolcraft has been very compassionate and caring
8 IUI, 4 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
The is thoughtful of my particular case and willing to hear what I want as well. He is caring about the results and very hopeful as if I feel he is 100% on my team. From the first phone consult, I felt very connected to him and I never felt rushed in saying what I needed to say to him.
Be sure that you communicate with the nurses well and be sure that you keep good notes during the meetings so that you can review that last cycle with him if you have to do more than one cycle.
There are a lot of people there and many times when I met with my nurses they did not know who I was or what my chart said. However, I wished that had been different, but I understand that they are busy. Dr. Schoolcraft has been very compassionate and caring
The nurses were all very official and complete. I wish the they had remembered me better and reviewed my chart before coming into the room. They were very responsive with the portal which is the primary way of communication.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The lab is amazing. The CCS testing is right there on site so the embryos do not have to be shipped. The surgery center is at theLone Tree office so you get very familiar with the procedures and flow of the clinic. There is a peaceful place to sit and a refreshment bar for your partner and pretty places to walk about to campus/neighborhood
we were in a package pricing. Insurance did not cover any of the expenses.
We have not discussed this yet

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] is very straightforward and honest. He will give you all the facts and will give you options for the best results. He will not “hold your hand”, and is not as “warm and fuzzy” as other doctors but he is very talented and knowledgeable. In the end, he is great at making babies and very professional and for us, that was the most important thing.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is very straightforward and honest. He will give you all the facts and will give you options for the best results. He will not “hold your hand”, and is not as “warm and fuzzy” as other doctors but he is very talented and knowledgeable. In the end, he is great at making babies and very professional and for us, that was the most important thing.
If you want someone very personable who will hold your hand through the process, he is not your doctor. If you want someone who will be honest and straightforward and gets great results, he is your doctor.
I was given straight, honest answers
We came to Schoolcraft with male infertility (0% morphology). He didn’t waste our time with IUI and recommended we go straight to IVF with ICSI. We also chose to do genetic testing. We had several viable embryos from our first retrieval and were successful in a live birth from our first transfer.
My first nurse did not have a great bedside manner and her communication was lacking. When we went back to the clinic, we requested another nurse who was beyond kind and empathetic and was very responsive. I have mostly heard good experiences with nurses at CCRM from other patients.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is a machine. You may not get the close knit, caring environment that others provide. However, they know what they are doing and get great results. The business office was a struggle to deal with a few years ago but seems to have improved greatly.
CCRM is definitely a higher price point than other clinics
Dr, Schoolcraft seems to be pretty open to one or two embryo transfer depending on parents wishes and what will provide best outcomes. He did not push us to either decision but gave us the pro’s and cons of both and let us decide what was best for us.
Lone Tree

Dr. Schoolcraft is very practical and matter of fact. He does not sugar coat things. You need to ask questions otherwise the conversation will be brief. The scenario he expected for us was far different than the outcome we received....Don't expect him to be God. He is top in his field but that doesn't mean it works for everyone....CCRM has very set protocols. They fit you into a box and apply that protocol to you. They don't adjust the protocol to fit the needs of the patient.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
CCRM has 6 protocols, the 6th being the strongest, which I was on. Clomid and dexamethone at night. 2 vials menopur in the morning, 300 Follistim at night. Cetrotide when my LH reached 25. Trigger with pregnyl and two doses of lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Pick)
My primary nurse was amazing. That said when I was in Denver I only saw her twice as she wasn't working the other days I was there. I saw quite a few of the other nurses. They were all ok. Some were very practical others more compassionate. There were some issues dealing with all the paperwork and the business office.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is like a factory. Supposedly there lab is top notch but it didn't work in our favor. You need to stay on top of the business office and your paperwork. They changed their practices regarding paperwork 3 times when we were there and we kept having to resign the same forms.
It was about 35k total. About 25k for IVF, $6500 for meds and $3300 for one day work up.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Know that he [Dr. William Schoolcraft] will not be available to you. he is one of the best. he is honest. for us, the percentage of success he gave us was higher and more positive than the actual results. but we'd work with him again. also, he is very against acupuncture. which i don't agree with...This was our 3rd IVF attempt. Dr. Schoolcraft did not want to do a 3rd round, but when i insisted he tailored the treatment with an anti-histamine protocol which resulted in positive results. unfortunately, we had an ectopic pregnancy and uterus pregnancy at the same time and had to have the fallopian tube pregnancy removed when i was 8 weeks pregnant. it all worked out and we are having a baby girl in March of 2017.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Since he is the founder of the clinic he is super busy and in high-demand. he's always at a conference or just not available. the nurse you are assigned to is very available though. you can email or call her everyday and she talks to Dr. Schoolcraft for you, so you do know what's going on. This was our 3rd IVF attempt. Dr. Schoolcraft did not want to do a 3rd round, but when i insisted he tailored the treatment with an anti-histamine protocol which resulted in positive results. unfortunately, we had an ectopic pregnancy and uterus pregnancy at the same time and had to have the fallopian tube pregnancy removed when i was 8 weeks pregnant. it all worked out and we are having a baby girl in March of 2017.
know that he will not be available to you. he is one of the best. he is honest. for us, the percentage of success he gave us was higher and more positive than the actual results. but we'd work with him again. also, he is very against acupuncture. which i don't agree with.
in the 3rd round he used an anti-histamine protocol which resulted in positive results.
they were great. they had backup if not available.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
it's one of the best. billing dept is impossible to get a hold of. great lab. if you don't live in Colorado, a bit of pain.
it was very pricey. above $60k when it was all said and done.

3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Dr. Schoolcraft was incredible! During our consultations with him, he’s extremely comfortable with silence, but will answer any/all questions you have. He was very patient with us, and extremely knowledgeable!...When we flew there for the egg retrieval, my body wasn’t responding/absorbing the medicine. He had the nurse give the injectables each day, and it helped....The Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine was like a baby making factory! It quite large, but make you feel like a person instead of a number.
European, Other
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Research things and ask lots of questions.
I felt they really cared about me and my fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele)
The nursing staff was amazing!!! The only downfall is you always have to leave a message to have them call you back. They always call you back fairly quickly (1-2 hours). They were always knowledgeable and friendly... the best!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine was like a baby making factory! It quite large, but make you feel like a person instead of a number. I felt comfortable that they knew what they were doing as this is all they do. On the one day workup, they had us scheduled for the entire day. They have their stuff together! Love them!
$4500 one day workup (completely worth it). I don't remember the exact number for IVF with PGD and CCS, but they were comparable to my local clinic. The extra expense was flying to Colorado from Louisiana 3 times (would do it again in a heartbeat).
He gave us the pros and cons of transferring one or two then pretty much let us decide.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Investment Banker
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr schoolcraft was very candid and set realistic expectations. He is very thorough and really seems to cater to each individual patient. In my situation he really tried things that were not so main stream but was willing to take a chance.
He is not a cheerleader-type. He will be honest about your chances. Even if he doesn't give you good odds for a positive outcome, that doesn't mean it's impossible.
I was given a protocol that he thought would work better for me based on my pcos-like ovaries, and then from there he tweaked it even more to make it specific for me. He was incredibly thorough in questioning my background and medical records and never acted like this was a given that it would work. He gave me his expectations every step of the way, and was very honest about when things didn't go as expected and what his concerns were. He was willing to try things that may not help (but weren't going to hurt anything).
Low dose stim for a longer time. No Lupron. Metformin. Antihistamine protocol for transfer.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Well run and organized. They gave us so much information so we always knew what was going on. They were so easy to work with.
I believe we spent ~$40k which included all testing (one day workup), retrevial, ICSI, Comp chromosome screening, genetic testing, storage fees/freeze all cycle, and frozen transfer.
He suggested two bc my untested embryos I had transferred in the past were all high grades. I did CCS testing w dr schoolcraft and he expected me to have very few 'normals' (explaining my 3 chemical pregnancies). My results came back better than the average for my age. This made him wonder if it was me as a carrier. BC I wanted answers/closure, he suggested transferring two, bc if I only did one I would question myself that if it didn't work if t was just a fluke, and debate trying again. Whereas, if I transferred two, he said at least one should work, and if I didn't get pregnant at all with two high grade 'normal' embryos then there was clearly an issue we weren't seeing.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Do not see him if you need lots of hand holding and kind words. He is a very blunt and to the point Doctor. He will tell you exactly what he thinks he can help you achieve and won't sugar coat it. He was the only one to give us answers and help us have a baby.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is good at what he does and he knows it. You won't get any hand holding and he is very blunt and to the point. That is why I went to see him after wasting time and money elsewhere. I needed to hear what was actually possible and probable and he totally delivered. I found our first meeting and some subsequent meetings to be very pleasant and he was very personable. Just know that doesn't always happen!
I would say my nurse was middle of the road. She wasn't very friendly but she was on top of what we needed to do and if I had any questions she would find the answer.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic sees a lot of patients. You are herded through appointments and pay for every little thing. I felt like I would be charged just for breathing the air there. There are a few people working there that always show compassion and friendliness and those that just don't.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
At times it was run efficiently. They have you come in in the morning during certain hours to have blood drawn and ultrasound done. They usually went fairly quickly for me. There was one time when it took over an hour to be seen because the ultrasound tech didn't show up.
In total for fresh cycle and a frozen transfer I spent around $20000

2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Dr Schoolcraft took his time discussing our fertility problems and questions with my husband and myself. We never felt rushed. He gave good examples if I didn’t understand something. Once I became pregnant with my first transfer, he called us personally to wish us congratulations. He wants each couple to succeed as much as we do ourselves!... Know that he will be honest and be up front and truthful with the process and chances. I never want a medical professional to sugarcoat things for me. I want the real facts.
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Laura was always quick to return a phone call or patient portal question. She explained processes that were coming up. I am not local so she was always quick sending the orders I needed or prescriptions to my pharmacies.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I am a nurse and have worked in healthcare enough to know what makes a facility superior to the next. CCRM has impeccable communication. No one was ever confused about where I was in the process or what came next for me. Everyone I talked with on the phone or in person was always very pleasant and answered questions appropriately.
Around 35,000

3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Weaknesses: He's quiet and reserved so the patient has to lead the conversation and ask questions. ... The nurse coordinator is the main point of contact and treated me like a person. ...Strengths: He seems have a credible reputation due to his experience and stats. We haven't started a cycle yet so I don't have as much info to provide.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Strengths: He seems have a credible reputation due to his experience and stats. We haven't started a cycle yet so I don't have as much info to provide. Weaknesses: He's quiet and reserved so the patient has to lead the conversation and ask questions.
Be prepared with questions.
We haven't started a cycle yet.
Strengths: Organized, warm, and professional. Responsive to voicemails. Weaknesses: She doesn't always specify which day she is out of the office. Occasionally, she has not responded to me in the same day, which is the policy if I leave a voicemail before 4 pm MT.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: The lab and doctors have good reputations. Organized and professional. Weaknesses: I'm an out-of-state patient so there are additional travel/shipping costs on top of the higher price point.
I haven't started a cycle yet. The initial phone consult was $325. The one day work up was almost $3,000. The acai supplement was $25/month.
Lone Tree

He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is very smart and knows what he's doing. He was very detailed explaining what he thought about our situation and we are very hopeful. We have only done 1 phone consult and traveled to Denver for the one day work up. We are now in the waiting process for day 3 lab work and then next cycle we will start stims for egg retrieval.... Be prepared with questions and do as much research as possible before your appointments. It will help you understand more because it's a lot of information to take in if you haven't studied up on procedures etc.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is very smart and knows what he's doing. He was very detailed explaining what he thought about our situation and we are very hopeful. We have only done 1 phone consult and traveled to Denver for the one day work up. We are now in the waiting process for day 3 lab work and then next cycle we will start stims for egg retrieval.
It was night and day from other clinics. Every single person at CCRM is so friendly and helpful and positive.
We have not made it this far yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany )
Extremely patient and understanding and very organized. She helped us feel very comfortable.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have not seen any weaknesses yet. As big as they are with as many patients they have, they are amazing! Never waited more than 10 minutes for an appointment, it's really clean and nice. I can't recommend it enough!
As of right now we are looking at around $30,000
We haven't gotten this far yet.

2011 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF
Dr. Schoolcraft was an incredible doctor. He thoroughly explained the process to us and took time to answer all of our questions. He is professional, kind, and brilliant. He is all-business, which I appreciate. He’s not there to hold my hand and give me hugs...that’s my husband’s job. Schoolcraft was diligent to change up my protocol as needed depending on what my body was doing during my cycle.... Don’t allow his quiet nature to offend you. His job is to figure out how to get you pregnant, not be your emotional support.
2011 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Trust him. Don’t allow his quiet nature to offend you. His job is to figure out how to get you pregnant, not be your emotional support.
The nurses and doctors took time to listen to us.
I don’t recall the overall protocol, but Schoolcraft was very in tune with the fact that my body was over-stimulating and was able to make the proper adjustments to my meds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Helen, Katherine, )
The nursing staff was incredible. Kind, attentive, patient, professional, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The greatest strength I that all of the moving pieces are under one roof...the surgery center, lab, freezer, etc. It decreases the likelihood of a mistake between buildings and hands. They go to great lengths to make sure thy have a detailed picture of what is truly going on with your body.
First round of IVF (retrieval, frozen transfer) $32,000. Subequent frozen transfer $12000

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Schoolcraft recommended we place two embryos. However we elected to do one. The pregnancy was unsuccessful so we have to wonder if it would have been better to follow his expert advice. ... Schoolcraft is at the top of his game. ... I was treated well by Schoolcraft. He was overconfident which I appreciated at the time. ... Write down your questions. Time with school craft is precious
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft was great. There was success as far as me getting pregnant but then I miscarried at 10 Weeks. Schoolcraft is at the top of his game. He has the stats to prove it. I would recommend him/
Write down your questions. Time with school craft is precious
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie)
Tonie was incredible. We were switched over to her after we had a glitch in our treatment plan. Tonie made everything better. She was totally available and when I miscarried she was so supportive.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM in lone tree is amazing and works like a well oiled machine. We were thrilled with our treatment there. We had a scheduled that moved exactly as planned. We always knew where to get information and anything we needed. I would suggest it to everyone.
Dr Schoolcraft was in network with my insurance but the surgery center and the lab were not so we needed to pay all those expenses.
He strongly suggested two but we went with one and the pregnancy was unsuccessful.

Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] took the time to understand why my previous IVF and IUI cycles failed (under previous care) and gave his honest recommendations...He was very busy opening other clinics and so he no longer does egg retrieval’s (which I didn’t realize initially), he also wasn’t there for our initial 1-day workup...but it all worked out in the end. He was there when he needed to be, for embryo transfer and now I have my daughter as a result!
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don’t be disheartened that you won’t get the FaceTime with “the” Dr... his team of embryologists and other Drs (at CCRM) are what make this facility the powerhouse that it is known for!
He took the time to understand why my previous IVF and IUI cycles failed (under previous care) and gave his honest recommendations
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I love that they are expanding locations although I still would have flown to Colorado to be treated by Dr Schoolcraft (I live in Chicago)....it was all worth it in the end, to finally have a baby! After multiple rounds of IVF with a previous Dr/facility, it only took 1 Retrieval (and 1 Transfer) to have my daughter (with CCRM)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Because I was not local, monitoring was handled at my local (initial) clinic. It felt weird going back to the place I started at, but wasn’t successful with.
Schoolcraft prefers multiple embryo transfer, to better the odds of implantation

3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
The number of eggs retrieved [under the care of Dr. Schoocraft] relative to the number of follicles seen was very low (both in absolute and relative to my experience at other clinics). The fertilization rate and growth to day 6 blastocyst were also below my understanding of what is standard and what subsequently happened at other clinics. Lastly, it is unclear what the benefits of the extra medications used at CCRM are, given the similar yield to other clinics...
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
The number of eggs retrieved relative to the number of follicles seen was very low (both in absolute and relative to my experience at other clinics). The fertilization rate and growth to day 6 blastocyst were also below my understanding of what is standard and what subsequently happened at other clinics. Lastly, it is unclear what the benefits of the extra medications used at CCRM are, given the similar yield to other clinics.
Try to get him to do the surgery
The clinic is very hands on. Relative to the other clinics I have been at, it is a fairly personalized experience, likely due at least in part to the number of non-local patients they see.
Estrace prep and a week of Cipro before stimulation. Stim included clomid the whole time, 300 follistim, 150 menopur, dexamethasone, and ganirelex.
The nursing staff was relatively good.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The costs are about $10K more than other clinics (not including medicine or travel/lodging). The aggregate number of meds you will be on is higher. Spending a week in Colorado is disruptive. To the extent CCRM has a monitoring clinic in your city, you may be able to fly out closer to retrieval.
Well oiled machine
~$25K + anesthesia and medicine costs

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. schoolcraft is a genius and the most gifted doctor in his field. He spoke to me with compassion and clearly discussed all of my options and his opinion regarding my fertility issues. I have heard some of the worst news from him and yet he was always warm and caring while also being honest and upfront (not surgery coating anything which I experienced with other doctors...The clinic is impressive. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. When I had appointments, I never waited more than 5 minutes (and that would be a lot). The building is immaculate and well run. I can't say enough good things about it.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Trust him. Travel for him. He is worth it.
I don't remember specifics anymore. Sorry.
The entire staff is incredible. They run like a well oiled machine. Everyone is knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, friendly, caring and efficient. I always received a response to any questions or concerns I had. It was the most impressive medical facility I have even been to and I was at a bunch.
Don't remember
Lone Tree

Dr. Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable in his area. I totally trusted the treatment plans he suggested for me. He isn’t an outgoing, bubbly person. I would describe his personality as straight forward and all business.... First IVF cycle was a fresh transfer of two embryos. They were not CCS tested. It did not result in a pregnancy. He suggested we have the remaining embryos tested. Then a frozen embryo transfer was done along with the antihistamine protocol. It resulted in a live birth.
Be patient!
The clinic sees so many patients that I felt like I was just another number. I was passed from nurse to nurse and didn’t feel like I had someone invested in my treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: It changed multiple times. )
I felt like I got pushed from nurse to nurse. I didn’t feel like I had a nurse that was 100% invested in my treatment plan.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Great place for treatment! Totally organized in all ways - from treatments, work ups, billing, etc. If you need help with anything you can simply call and you will be directed to a person that can help you.
I agree with it.
2010 - 2011
I didn't have a ton of contact with Schoolcraft after my first initial phone conversation with him and my first day of appointments...For someone with is national reputation, I was able to get an appointment pretty easily. He was honest and shared all information with me. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. I wanted results and got two beautiful girls!...I had IVF and due to my age took advantage of the genetic testing that could be done with the embryos, then they were frozen.
2010 - 2011
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
If you are advanced maternal age, go with the genetic testing!
This is because of the support of the staff. I didn't have a ton of contact with Schoolcraft after my first initial phone conversation with him and my first day of appointments. I lived out of town and took advantage of the great system they have in place for out of town patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
I wish I could remember my nurse coordinator, because she was fabulous! All of the nurses and other staff were great. I was always able to get in touch with someone and they always answered my questions.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's the full package! Customer service, most advanced medical technology and research, and a positive atmosphere.
Expensive, but worth every penny.
2006 - 2010
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He is extremely detail oriented and frankly anal. His thoroughness is absolutely what led to my ability to get pregnant after 2 years at another clinic that overlooked something structurally wrong with my uterus... Fixed my uterine septum. Sent me home with a protocol for electro-acupuncture, which I had done per their instructions, and then while waiting for my IVF to start I managed to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Between fixing the septum and improving my lining through electro-acupuncture, it worked!!!
2006 - 2010
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is extremely detail oriented and frankly anal. His thoroughness is absolutely what led to my ability to get pregnant after 2 years at another clinic that overlooked something structurally wrong with my uterus. He made me redo absolutely every test. I think that is why his results are so good. He isn't warm fuzzy but I was ok with that.
Trust in his process. It works.
It was a methodical place not too focused on bedside manner. But I didn't care-- I was there for results, not cuddles, and I didn't fault them for their need for efficiency
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A factory but a very good one! I'm from out of state and they had the process nailed. I have sent my friends with the hardest cases here, with extraordinary results. It isn't warm fuzzy, and it is expensive, but worth it to go to the best up front.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Schoolcraft is blunt but I also saw a more personable side of him. He didn't mix words when he told us what we were up against but also felt confident enough to give us a shot. He was very up front with us...He is very willing to educate you and spend time with you but you have to drive the conversation...My second retrieval I took acai and saizen - he wanted to give it everything he could to get the results we wanted.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Do your research and know what questions to ask. He is very willing to educate you and spend time with you but you have to drive the conversation.
CCRM does a great job with education and patient care.
For the most part my nurse was on top of things and kept me on schedule. The staff at CCRM is very helpful and seems to care about your journey.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM takes into consideration patient care. They do an excellent job with their one day workup where you meet with everyone who will be caring for you as well as go over billing, etc. They keep you well-informed along the way and everyone genuinely hopes you succeed.

1 IUI, 12 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Schoolcraft seems to be on top of the research, however, he seems to have a set of procedures he does not quite deviate from. So i feel like more flexibility, and risk taking to make patient succeed would matter...Dr. Schoolcraft uses one month before the cycle for priming, he often cancels -- perhaps more often for long-distance patients. This was very stressful...Everything was very standardized. My major concern was timing, but they would insist on going by the book, which meant months of delays.
1 IUI, 12 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 7 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Nursing stuff seemed very detached/by the book, and very well organized.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Supposedly they have very high success rate in comparison to some other clinics, this did not work for me at all, quality/quantity of my embryos there was substantially lower than expected. It is a very expensive clinic, they are very efficient though, so at least there are no problems in terms of clarity of communication.
47K per 3 retrievals

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
My experience was a good one with Dr Schoolcraft, I was referred to him by a friend & I have since referred several of my friends (and friends of friends) to him. He is to the point with little fluff, which is my style! If you like more compassion, hugs, hand holding- you may not like his bedside manor. Overall, I was there to become pregnant & the job was accomplished.
Investment Banker