Available by cell phone
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Schoolcraft to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?
3 IVF, Surrogacy
he [Dr. Schoolcraft] lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming...each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all...Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not.
Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered [at CCRM Colorado] is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE...When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit...Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always stat
3 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Hearing and reading about Dr. Schoolcraft I knew what to expect when meeting with him. He is pretty stone faced and his demeanor is intimidating in that sense because for me personally, I am always seeking compassion and tenderness from my doctors especially in this particular field of work. He is a man of few words and his answers are brief, but he does radiate this confidence that really made me believe that HE will be the one to make my & my husband's parenthood dreams a reality. I must say that Dr. Schoolcraft did surprise me a bit at our first transfer when was very lighthearted and made a joke before the transfer. It really did calm the room, gave us all a laugh and put me more at ease. What was even more surprising was that at our second transfer to our surrogate (which my husband and I did not attend) he made another comment to her that was silly and out of character and put her at ease. I loved hearing that from our surrogate and that she definitely never saw the cut/dry personality he could possess.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Always be prepared with questions and follow up questions. He likely will not initiate the conversations with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Living out of state, each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all. This is QUITE the contrary from a majority of the nurses we've encountered - both in the IVF and third party (surrogacy) departments. Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not. However, the clinic and lab are extraordinary so once I had first hand experience of how the phone conversations would go with the doctor, I learned to ask most of my questions to my nurses.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As this relates to my courses of treatment, I'll start this by informing the reader that I do not get a period and I do not have a uterus. My first cycle was very similar to the cycle outlined below with the exception that I started taking Follistim 300mg for about 3 days prior to having my doses lowered. For this first cycle another doctor did my retrieval because Schoolcraft was out of town. Some of my eggs had to be removed abdominally which in my other two previous cycles at another clinic was never necessary. For my second cycle (which I am about to start priming for next week) he lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming - antagonist using Estrace 2mg and Prometrium 200mg. Then moving on to 2 vials of menopur in the morning, 150 units Follistim + Clomid 100mg + Dexamethasone in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna, Katie (GC nurses) and Ellie (IVF nurse))
I cannot communicate enough good things about Dr. Schoolcraft's nursing staff. Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE. My IVF nurse prefers to correspond through the clinic's portal and though her answers are generally short and to the point - I never feel like I am needing more from her. The third party nurses are on another level of excellence. They will always get on the phone to talk, always send emails directly to my email address and I NEVER feel like I am out of line or bothering them or annoying. They are the ABSOLUTE BEST. And when I get frustrated with Dr. Schoolcraft because he doesn't give any of that, the girls compensate wholeheartedly in their jobs. You MUST request to work with Shawna or Katie if you need a third party nurse at CCRM. Earlier this year we lost our first pregnancy at 13 weeks. Our surrogate was carrying our first little baby and was incredibly sick throughout the pregnancy. Our care was discontinued with CCRM after 10 weeks of pregnancy, you actually get a congratulations email and "graduate" and even though that was the case that we were no longer under their care, they still helped me tirelessly answering questions, navigating next steps, and supporting me and my husband. I have so much love for Shawna and Katie. Our surrogate is pregnant again and while we are still very early in the process (past the 11 week mark now) Shawna and Katie have been overly compassionate, logical, and true heroes this time around. Everything that I have asked for (repeating tests, sending orders for extra tests, asking personal opinions), they have been PATIENT and kind and just very open and warm to me and my husband. There is no way that we could navigate this process, mentally or emotionally without them on our team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM operates like a well oiled machine. When my husband and I first stepped foot into the clinic for our one day workup we were beyond impressed. The level of organization and efficiency is incredible. Schedules are organized and all you have to do is show up and go where you are told at the time you are instructed. Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always state your name and birthdate! This helps the staff and also allows you to get to the right person quicker.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
Since my husband and I traveled to Denver from out of state we incurred additional expenses related to airfare, car rentals, accommodations, etc. When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit. We paid out of pocket for all of our blood work and ultrasounds during that one day workup totaling about $3K. Genetic testing screenings provided by the clinic were $350/person. Cycle payment including anesthesia $6,286 Lab fees including genetic testing $12,831 Abdominal retrieval (additional charge) $623 Shipping kit for blood workups for out of state was $110 each time.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly believed in implanting ONE embryo. Our surrogate also preferred that in her contract. And, at the time we transferred my embryos were created when I was 35 and my husband 33.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred)... He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions... As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred). My previous doctor said "the embryos looked good" vs. Dr. Schoolcraft stating the transferred embryos were "wonky" and didn't appear to be the best quality. When meeting during our follow up appointment at the one day workup, he demonstrated an understanding of my infertility history and provided thoughtful comments in response to my decision to move forward with an egg donor cycle given my severe diminished ovarian reserve/ high FSH diagnosis.
Be prepared to ask questions about your case and proposed treatment. He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan. He immediately explained that most of the people that come to him have multiple failed cycles elsewhere and he realizes that he has one shot with these patients. He reiterated that his goals are aligned with mine.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions. By the end of my one day workup, all of the front desk employees knew me on a first name basis, greeted me with a smile, etc.
N/A- I am awaiting a donor egg cycle at this time.
I have been given a dedicated nurse while I am a patient at CCRM as well as a dedicated back up nurse which is greatly appreciated. At my previous clinic, I spoke and met with a different nurse each time I was called for IVF instructions or Day 2/3 IVF monitoring. My nurses at CCRM have been extremely kind and never make me feel like I am bothering them. They are extremely knowledgeable, communicate clearly and return calls/emails in a timely manner. Overall, it has been a great experience thus far.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM-Lone Tree is very organized and well run. As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated. In terms of the actual care, they provide an IVF class to walk you through the process, things to be aware of, potential risks as well as preparation and expected timelines. They provide a binder with all important information, check lists and resources for patients so that you can easily refer back to the information at a later date. In my experience, the clinic ran appointments on time, I was always greeted with a smile and the environment had a peaceful feel. The business office checks all insurance benefits and is prepared to discuss the financials during the one day workup. I really can't say anything negative at this point in time.
The clinic and doctor did say that they prefer to transfer one embryo at a time. I'm sure there are instances and cases where other guidelines would apply. I did not press this point given we will be doing CCS testing.

2020
This clinic [CCRM Colorado] is a one stop treatment center. You go for about 5-6 hours and do all your initial diagnostic work-ups all in one building. When you first arrive, you have to sit through an orientation, which was interesting. Then, you start doing tests, everything from blood-work to hysteroscopy to ultrasounds of your ovaries. My partner also did semen analysis and blood-work. Every single lab technician was highly professional. My one complaint was you also to meet with a financial coordinator. In our case, that person seemed uninformed about what our insurances cover and don't cover despite having information from us before our visit.
2020
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft has devised a very particular treatment plan for me. I am 46 years old. Although I froze eggs over 6 years ago, I know that that does not guarantee a healthy pregnancy. I came to Dr. Schoolcraft after being treated like a number by the clinic that did my egg retrieval. It's a huge cost and emotional investment to travel to Colorado to do this treatment. But from the first instance of talking to Dr. Schoolcraft, I felt treated with such dignity and compassion. Dr. Schoolcraft has been honest and direct about my chances of IVF working. He is going to do one round, but he believes my frozen eggs represent my best chance. I have tremendous anxiety about that process but Dr. Schoolcraft both explained completely how his lab works and then had his chief embryologist speak with me. I talked to her three times on the phone! They both have answered every question. Plus, Dr. Schoolcraft has put me on a regime of daily supplements and developed a very specific drug protocol for when I start IVF. I have absolutely no doubt that he will give me the best treatment tailored specifically to me and my needs. He's deeply compassionate, thorough and speaks in very clear and kind manner.
Call him immediately. Do not waste time going to clinics where you can't get a doctor on the phone. Set up a phone consultation if you have concerns about traveling to Colorado. Just 2 minutes into your call you will be convinced.
Dr. Schoolcraft has been a wonderful physician to both my partner and I. We came to him after feeling frustrated with the factory-life feel of the clinic where I had frozen eggs over five years ago. A friend had recommended Dr. Schoolcraft, who helped her have a baby after multiple miscarriages. We initially spoke with Dr. Schoolcraft over the phone. He was extremely reassuring that we had options despite my advanced age and that his lab could work with the frozen eggs. The idea of traveling to Colorado from New York was extremely daunting (both financially and psychology), but we decided to go there in February for an initial intake and diagnostic consultation. Our treatment by Dr. Schoolcraft and his colleagues at CCRM was unbelievable. He was direct about the obstacles of doing a fresh round of IVF, but consulted us to try at least once and at the same time to have my frozen eggs shipped to his lab. We spoke directly with the head embyrologist, who explained the exact process she would use and reassured us that my eggs would be safe. Every nurse and technician who performed lab and other tests on us were warm, professional and highly informative. After that intake, I have spoke several other times with Dr. Schoolcraft. He responds quickly by phone and spends copious amounts of time with me. He is has fast-tracked me to start treatment as soon as possible, and I feel extremely confident that if anyone can help me be a mother it is him. I realize that my chances are complicated because of my age, but I believe that Dr. Schoolcraft and CCRM will do their best to work with the frozen eggs I have and give me a protocol for IVF that will generate the possible chance. Most of all, they are so supportive and available, I feel that I am not a number, but a human who they care about.
We haven't started a protocol yet, but the plan is to begin with a testosterone gel applied every morning and an Estrace 2mg tablet by mouth twice daily. After about two weeks, I start Prometrium at 200mg twice a day. On cycle day 21, I start a testosterone patch, which I do daily for 5 days. At the start of my next cycle, I start stimulation medications, which includes Menopur, Gonal-F/Follistin and Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tara Wells)
Tara has been absolutely terrific. She worked with us the day we did our diagnostic work and walked us through all aspects of the treatment. Since our visit to Colorado, she responds quickly to phone or email questions. When she is unavailable one of her colleagues calls back to give an update or take a question to relay to her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is a one stop treatment center. You go for about 5-6 hours and do all your initial diagnostic work-ups all in one building. When you first arrive, you have to sit through an orientation, which was interesting. Then, you start doing tests, everything from blood-work to hysteroscopy to ultrasounds of your ovaries. My partner also did semen analysis and blood-work. Every single lab technician was highly professional. My one complaint was you also to meet with a financial coordinator. In our case, that person seemed uninformed about what our insurances cover and don't cover despite having information from us before our visit. She sent us on a wild goose chase to try to get better coverage from my insurance that was never going to happen.
The costs are projected to cost about $12,000 for one cycle, which will also include working with my frozen eggs. We are doing to do both IVF and try to fertilize the frozen eggs.
Dr. Schoolcraft promotes elective single embryo transfer.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Schoolcraft is smart and a leader in his field! But you pay dearly for it. I think his methods are very clinical, and they work for a lot of women. Unfortunately, I’m in the small percentage of women who it did not work for. That was hard to accept after spending so much time and money.... we only met Dr. Schoolcraft maybe 3 times (initial consult, egg retrieval, and post-consult). He did not perform the transfer. So in a sense I felt like a number to him, but a human to the rest of the staff!
This place [CCRM] is a well oiled machine. They have patient processing down to a science. They accommodate you and your schedule and everyone is really great to work with. Make sure you understand they do not really venture into “new age” kind of treatment. I’m looking at Reproductive Immunology now and they don’t really buy into that.... All in we spent about $40,000 for one retrieval and one transfer. No insurance coverage and that was with the in state discount. That price is inclusive of the medications which are very expensive. (For both transfer and retrieval probably close to $7,000)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is smart and a leader in his field! But you pay dearly for it. I think his methods are very clinical, and they work for a lot of women. Unfortunately, I’m in the small percentage of women who it did not work for. That was hard to accept after spending so much time and money. I do think there was some false hope given, but if you’re in the small percentage of women facing recurrent miscarriage, you almost get used to that.
you Have to have your questions ready for him. You also need to speak up and advocate for your own situation because he sees so many women come through his clinic, I think it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle.
CCRM is a well oiled machine! They have great success for many patients, but not for us, yet. Your main communication is with a nurse that is assigned to you. Honestly everyone who works there is great, but we only met Dr. Schoolcraft maybe 3 times (initial consult, egg retrieval, and post-consult). He did not perform the transfer. So in a sense I felt like a number to him, but a human to the rest of the staff!
I already had 4 miscarriages so it was presumed that my eggs were “bad”. So I had an egg retrieval, froze the embryos and then had embryos genetically tested. I had four embryos make the cut. One was transferred and implanted successfully, but I had a miscarriage at 6.5ish weeks. From what I recall, my protocol included Estradiol patches, Lupron, ganirellix, Gonal-f, and novarel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Everyone is assigned a nurse and she is your primary contact throughout the process. My nurse was/is wonderful and was/is always available! (If she was not in office, an on call nurse was always available)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is a well oiled machine. They have patient processing down to a science. They accommodate you and your schedule and everyone is really great to work with. Make sure you understand they do not really venture into “new age” kind of treatment. I’m looking at Reproductive Immunology now and they don’t really buy into that.
Doctor wanted to transfer only one embryo, but would have done two if I wanted. He said if I were to miscarry I would lose two but if I didn’t the pregnancy risks would be higher with two. Since I miscarried I’m glad I only used one embryo.

2019 - 2020
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
After being his [Dr. William Schoolcraft's] patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal...he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipp
At CCRM you have to be prepared to be your own advocate, because they have so many patients coming through their system. On my first IVF cycle at CCRM (2nd overall), my nurse gave me a downreg/stim calendar that was off by 8 days. Luckily I noticed before I started stimming and brought to her attention, and she was very apologetic, but you need to make sure you pay close attention to tests and protocols to make sure everything lines up.
2019 - 2020
European, Latino
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We had just come from a failed IVF cycle at a clinic where the doctor was SO patient, compassionate, and meticulous with our care. The transition to Dr Schoolcraft was a bit of a shock, in that he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipped through my thick stack of patient notes (I felt like I should have asked him if he'd prefer me to stop speaking so he could pay attention to what was written). After being his patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal.
Come prepared with a list of questions. Ask them all. If you think that he has not read your notes, also come with a medical history to go through.
PREP: Metformin, Acai trial (90 days) STIM: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Dexamethasone TRIGGER: Lupron, HCG (Pregnyl)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff was very helpful and compassionate. There were some issues with miscommunication, but in general we are very happy with the team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has built a great reputation for itself, and I see why. It's clean, efficient, and comfortable to be a patient there. However, as I stated before, you have to be prepared to be your own advocate—some things can fall through the cracks with a large operation, like test orders and details about your protocol. For example, one time I went for a monitoring ultrasound as part of my IVF stim protocol, and the technician thought that I was pregnant (always a fun one to explain). Oh, it's also insanely expensive.
very expensive, ~$35,000-$40,000 including the tests we had to re-take at CCRM before being accepted as patients. We had had the tests done at another clinic and they won't accept those results.
we didn't get there, but he made it clear he wanted to only transfer one embryo

2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The strategy [with Dr. Schoolcraft] was aggressive and I produced too many eggs the first time. I had mild OHSS for the first of three back to back retrievals. My treatment was adjusted subsequent times to ensure I did not get OHSS during the other retrievals...Dr Schoolcraft originally wanted me to transfer two, but felt confident that If I wanted to transfer one, that my chances would still be very good. I had a successful transfer and gave birth to a healthy girl in May 2019.
[CCRM Colorqado is] A beautiful facility...As spa-like as a doctor’s clinic could be...This aided in the way I felt about treatment. It made me feel really comfortable. The one con is the business office...they made a bunch of mistakes on the billing side that needed to be remedied after the fact...Most of my contact was with the nursing staff and they were great. There was a lot of contact and care and they always responded to questions quickly...
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He’s a genius and his methods are cutting edge and thorough. Rather than do the bare minimum testing a troubleshoot later, I was happy to do all testing upfront. His clinic Is beautiful and comfortable and I always felt confident that success was in reach.
Dr. Schoolcraft is very soft spoken and quiet. Don’t let that throw you. He personalizes everyone’s treatment and while he stays behind the scenes, he is the one ensuring that treatment goes well.
Dr Schoolcraft sees a lot of patients and while he familiarizes himself with my file prior to each visit, I often wondered If he remembered who I was. That said, his bedside manner is very good and I was really happy when he called me to see how I was doing after my positive pregnancy test.
The strategy was aggressive and I produced too many eggs the first time. I had mild OHSS for the first of three back to back retrievals. My treatment was adjusted subsequent times to ensure I did not get OHSS during the other retrievals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of my contact was with the nursing staff and they were great. There was a lot of contact and care and they always responded to questions quickly. They made sure all my medications were ordered and when a provider didn’t cover one of the medications, the nurse team made sure to write my prescription in a way to ensure a portion of the particular drug was covered.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A beautiful facility As spa-like as a doctor’s clinic could be This aided in the way I felt about treatment. It made me feel really comfortable. The one con is the business office. They say that their business office takes away from the stress of IVF, but they made a bunch of mistakes on the billing side that needed to be remedied after the fact.
Testing costs Lab costs Retrieval costs Freezing costs Transfer costs
I had my embryos CSS tested and had a lot of normal embryos. Because of this, we decided to transfer 1 embryo. Dr Schoolcraft originally wanted me to transfer two, but felt confident that If I wanted to transfer one, that my chances would still be very good. I had a successful transfer and gave birth to a healthy girl in May 2019.

IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] tailored our conversations to discuss our issues. Although we have only met with him twice...He is honest and has a very well run clinic...We got a lot of reading materials to take home that told us everything we needed to know and expect...I feel like they really know our case there, even if we don’t interact much with Dr. Schoolcraft...We did a mock cycle that involved estradiol patches and additional estrogen and now I am just starting the cycle for the transfer. For the mock cycle my lining did get thick enough (I did monitoring through Emory)! For the transfer cycle, there are no results to report.
[CCRM Colorado is] Very organized. The portal takes you only to Dr. schoolcraft’s nurses. I also have their direct phone extensions. So when I call or email I know who to address it to and/or who I am going to talk to. That is reassuring. I don’t need to reexplain my case and they know me... The financial counseling has been the most confusing part of our treatment because we got a couple of conflicting stories about what was covered and what wasn’t.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is honest and has a very well run clinic. The main selling point is how organized they are. We got a lot of reading materials to take home that told us everything we needed to know and expect. Also we have direct access to the same nurses all the time to respond to questions so I feel like they really know our case there, even if we don’t interact much with Dr. Schoolcraft.
You may not get to talk to him much, but his nurses are too rate and you will feel like they really know your case.
He tailored our conversations to discuss our issues. Although we have only met with him twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and Helen)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very organized. It is a bit more expensive, but with the higher success rates and the quality of the care you get I think it’s worth the additional cost. Especially if we only have to one cycle (fingers crossed). If you are out of state like me you have to do your monitoring at a local clinic, which does require me to follow-up and be sure that clinic sends the info and the other receives it. That can be a pain. Especially if your local clinic isn’t invested in you as a patient.
We haven’t paid for everything yet. So far most was covered by insurance or from our HSA. The clinic is in network for me but the lab is out of network. The financial counseling has been the most confusing part of our treatment because we got a couple of conflicting stories about what was covered and what wasn’t.
They are very strict about only transferring one embryo if you have high quality embryos. If they are not of high quality they may transfer two, but they make it clear that is not the norm.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Schoolcraft was nice, patient, and gave enough time to answer all of our questions. He believes in finding a solution to our situation and genuinely wants to help. Dr Schoolcraft was on site almost daily and was able to look over my daily lab results. Though he did not perform the surgery, I had a great experience. ... He had a nice demeanor in our consultations. Allowed us to ask questions and I never felt rushed. He did mention my husband when he was not present as well he created rappor with us.
Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses [at CCRM Colorado] were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently. ... The nursing staff was great! Everything from the front to back end was efficient and smooth. I found the lab technicians and nurses all to be up beat and compassionate.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask all of your questions and be sure to be clear of your options before starting.
I was administered oral and injections for my stimulation medication. All resulted in a great outcome during the stimulation. I did need to stun for a few extra days but we did retrieve more eggs than expected. After finding out in the lab that none of my fertilized eggs matured, the re group determined he would recommend if proceeding the same way, a different medication protocol. Other options were discussed with donor eggs as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. All of our scheduled appointments ran on time and smooth. Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
These were booked first thing in the morning and all appointments were handled quickly and smoothly.
Costs were between 25-35k including meds for IVF, ICSI and genetic testing
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
She [nurse at CCRM Colorado] spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
You will not be seeing him often or have him retrieve your eggs. You can save a lot of money be going to a clinic near you because the treatment he will offer is nothing spectacular or special to Ccrm.
He has a very kind and compassionate bedside manner but he was not available at every visit. He was also not involved in my egg retrieval’s. I spoke more to his nurse and I was not at all happy with the care I got from his nurse.
He did mini ivf and then regular ivf with injections. It didn’t work. I recently heard about growth hormone which is supposed to work very well for women with low amh and poor egg quality, which is my situation but that was never offered to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele)
She spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have heard alot about the CCRM lab and that they were the best lab in the country. This is one of the reasons why I went there. And why I was told their prices was worth it. Well unfortunately, I had no results on my embryo. They did not get a good enough sample to send. Now, I have to go through the stress and anxiety of implanting an embryo I have no idea is normal.
If I remember correctly it was about 18-22 thousand a cycle. Depends on whether I was getting PGS testing.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s [with Dr. Schoolcraft]- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better...I loved that Dr was supportive of us only transplanting 1 embryo. He explained both scenarios - options- very thoroughly...At first bedside manner was lacking- felt cold. By second retrieval he had warmed up and became very positive about our chances and situation.
Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest [at CCRM Colorado]. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Bedside manner needed a little work- didn’t feel special at first- but then he absolutely went above and beyond when I had issues with nursing and finance office as we progressed through treatments. He even gave me his personal cell and reached out intermittently to check in.
Understand that you need to advocate for yourself and be just as blunt as Dr Schoolcraft
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie Patrick)
Nurse originally assigned seemed lost and clueless- treated like number. Then after discussion with Dr Schoolcraft, I was assigned to Tonie Patrick and she was amazing and incredible. Very knowledgeable, professional and compassionate- a real gem.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength- doctors. Knowledge and proven track record. Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
$24 each retrieval/transfer if no insurance- we paid $8k for drugs and $15k for 2 retrieval’s/transfers after insurance claims
+ Read more- Read less

Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward...For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid"...in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We just love Dr. Schoolcraft. He is so trusting because he is blunt. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, which we appreciate. He is very intelligent and has been doing this forever. He is very kind and down to earth. He is very diligent and informative. He also lets you talk and ask all the questions you need to. We have felt very comfortable with him during a process that can be tough.
I would advise them to go to him. Put all your trust in him and CCRM.
Everything from Dr. Schoolcraft was very personal. When he sat in with you on consultation or called for an update he cared. He asked other questions about us as a couple to get to know us. When we had an unfortunate situation, our embryo didn't survive the thawing process, he could not have been more caring. He came to the room to give us condolences but was also very positive for our treatment plan moving forward.
We went to Dr. Schoolcraft after we had tried 3 IUI's and 2 FET with another clinic. So our treatment plan with Dr. Schoolcraft was to start with IVF. He ran a ton of test, blood work, genetic screening for both my husband and I and Embryo testing. He also prescribed me lupron depot to help with endometriosis which we had not done before either. They found my prolactin levels to be high so now I am on medicine to lower those. Our genetic screening for my husband and I both came back normal. Our embryo testing found only one of our 5 embryos the chromosome make up to be normal- so after our retrieval we were left with one day 6 embryo to transfer. Unfortunately that embryo didn't survive the thawing process. Here was my protocol- IVF Retrieval- midluteal Estrogen Patch Priming- Antagonist (protocol 3) Vivelle .1 mg patch every other day , Cetrotide/Ganirelix everyday until notified, menopur 2 vials A.M, 150 units Gonal pm + dexamethasone, add in cetrotid/ganirelixe am, trigger Novarel and lupron. IVF FET - Medication - Depot lupron 3.75 mg one month dose prior to start of transfer calendar, Birth control, Leuprolide acetate 2 week kit, estradiol patches .1 mg, low dose aspirin 81-83 mg, endometrin 100 mg, progesterone in oil 50 mg/ml, medrol/methylprednisolone 16 mg, doxycycline 100 mg Vivelle one patch every other day, lupron 5 units daily + Baby aspirin in crease vivelle to two patches every other day, continue increasing up to 4 patched every other day. Stop Lupron. Add Endometrin pm, medrol 16 mg, and docycline for 4 nights. Increase endometrin to twice a day start progesterone in oil 1ml every other day until transfer. After transfer- do not discontinue any medications that have been previously instructed. Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward. We will start coming up here soon. For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid". We will be getting our calendar soon so then we will get an exact calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura K, RN)
Our nurse Laura is amazing. We cannot say enough about her. She is so organized, detailed, compassionate, gets back to us in a timely manor, and makes us feel so important no matter what. Laura along with every other nursing staff at CCRM is just incredible, hands down the best. They are all so professional, caring, punctual, diligent , we can go on and on. They are the best!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We can really only say great things about Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine. From the second you walk in the door, you feel like you are entering a spa not a medical building filled with doom and gloom. The staff at the front desk is so kind and helpful. They out you in a class to go over EVERYTHING you need to know about CCRM, IVF, IUI whatever you may be there for. In this class genetics are discussed as well. At CCRM they also test and test and test you for everything. it may seem redundant if you have already done it, but they did find things in my blood work no one else had mentioned to me. They have a department for everything, and each department is so punctual. They also offer counseling at CCRM , genetic counseling, embryo testing, acupuncture, and they have one of the best embryology labs in the country. everything is under one roof. The only weakness would be the cost, it is more than most clinics but you are paying for the best!
IVF+ CCS+ FET= $22,181.40 Grand Total not including medicine Meds= about $6,000
Dr. Schoolcraft, in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.

2017 - 2019
For how successful he [Dr. Schoolcraft] is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout.... I also like how organized the clinic [CCRM] is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
For how successful he is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust. I also had a cyst that cycle and looking back, wish I would have waited until it went away, but Schoolcraft said it wasn't an issue. Overall, there is not much I can do with poor egg quality, but Schoolcraft is always willing to keep trying and tinkering with different protocols. He was also present for my one egg transfer.
The one piece of advice is to come prepared with your questions and learn your chart. Ask him if there are different protocols you could try. He also can prescribe supplements, medications, or even trials that he is working on.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout. I also never really had to wait very long for monitoring, which was nice. The staff was also very friendly and prompt with any phone calls I made to the facility.
The first cycle I did a standard protocol antagonist I believe it is called. The second two cycles I did a long lupron protocol. I also added the ova health, CoQ10, and omega 3s to my regime. Although I got less eggs, I did get a normal CCS tested egg (the previous cycle I got two abnormal CCS tested eggs). The transfer was a frozen transfer a few months later. Very standard.
Everyone was very nice. If I had a question, usually someone would respond within a few hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
One major strength is its Lab. I know quite a few people who have come to this clinic and left with a baby. I have cycled in other locations and have gotten zero day 5 normal embryos. At CCRM I have had 4 day 5 embryos, but only one normal. However, due to my low quality that is better than zero. They have to be doing something right in the lab. I also like how organized the clinic is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
With everything you are going to spend around $50,000 with travel expenses per cycle. However, I think for egg retrieval and transfer it was around $25,000 not including meds or outside monitoring.
We only had one normal CCS tested egg so we transferred the only egg.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Schoolcraft] recommends single embryo transfer...He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted...He is direct and very obviously knowledgeable. He specializes in the tough cases and was able to answer my questions. Others have pushed aside my questions and he thouroughly answered me. He let me know that a round of IVF would likely not result in more than one baby and I should accept that, however he thinks he and his clinic can help me get that one.
I enjoyed the clinic [CCRM Colorado]. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared with questions. He does not explain the whole process. If you come prepared he will be a great resource for answers. He is very direct but also compassionate. I’ve heard from other reviews that he is harsh, so when he told me I had a chance I took that. Tour appointment will be only as long as you make it. If you have no questions, your visit will be very short.
Dr. Schoolcraft remembered our phone consult conversation when we met in person. During our appointment he was there for us as long as we needed. He was fully present and did not rush us as we thought of questions. He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted.
I am just about to start priming for my 1st cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft (3rd overall). I am priming with estradiol patches and ganirelix for the first time because I have a low AMH and AFC. My stim protocol will include HGH for 10 days (because I did use HGH my last round), microdose lupron, 150 menopur, 300 follistim, and dexamethasone. I will follow up with the results. This will be my first time using dexamethasone in a stim cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura )
I met the nurse at the one day workup and the rest was brief messages on the patient portal. She did answer any questions I have had.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
Phone consult-$325 One day workup- $3540 Retrieval,IVF,CCS,Transfer-$24458
The doctor recommends single embryo transfer and I agree. I’m a small person and twins would be very dangerous. also, CCRM does assisted hatching which slightly increases chance of identical twins
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before....He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach....He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH.
My experience with the clinic [CCRM] has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person.... There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before. We learned more from him in our consultation than we had from our two previous fertility doctors combined. He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach. My only complaint is that he can sometimes put the decisions on me when I need him to guide me as he is the expert. When this happens, I have to ask my nurse to push him for his recommendation. I also have to advocate for myself. I brought up this calcium solution for my embryos and we ended up using it and it was extremely helpful. That was not something that he mentioned to me, but I had heard about it from a Imfertility support group and asked him about it. I have to make sure to have my questions planned out when I see him because he typically expects me to lead the conversation. He is fairly quiet and our meetings are me asking questions and him giving answers.
That you should have all of your questions prepared when you see him so you can get the most out of your time with him.
Everyone in his office was genuine, friendly, knowledgable and caring. We were never made to feel bad for asking questions and we never felt rushed. We were given the opportunity to meet with Dr. Schoolcraft every step of the process for IVF.
So far, I have done one IVF cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft.He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH. He also recommended a clinical trial for me to take an açai supplement three times a day for three months prior to my IVF cycle to help improve egg quality and quantity. I did a priming cycle with estrogen prior to my IVF cycle. My actual IVF cycle consisted of menopur in the morning and gonal f, chlomid and Dexamethasone in the evening for two and a half weeks. When my egg retrieval was closer, I started on certotide once daily in the morning as well. I had 11 resting follicles at the time of my work up in December, but only four follicles in March when I started my IVF cycle. Three of the follicles grew and they were able to get two eggs from my egg retrieval. One egg was mature and the other one matured the next day. Both fertilized normally and amazingly, we got one PGS normal embryo from the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
My nurse has been very good about getting back to me quickly with answers, making sure I have all the information I need and collaborating with the doctor when needed. She made a couple of logistical errors by sending orders to the wrong local fertility clinic and sending the wrong prescriptions to the pharmacy. I had to go back and have her fix her mistakes a couple of times at the beginning of my cycle, but she has been wonderful ever since. She leaves me detailed voicemails and emails answering my questions which is very nice. She has never made me feel bad about asking a lot of questions unlike my previous nurses. She is not the most compassionate person but she’s good at her job and that’s what matters most to me. Every person that I have come in contact with at that fertility center has been warm, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. It is a well-oiled machine over there and their lab is truly amazing.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My experience with the clinic has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person. Every person I have come into contact with there has been extremely helpful and caring. Even the ultrasound techs go above and beyond by explaining every step of the ultrasound and everything you’re looking at. That has been extremely comforting to me as I like to know as much information as possible. Before you leave an appointment they always make sure you meet with your nurse to go over results and next steps and order any prescriptions you may need. At my initial consultation, they included a meeting with a genetic counselor and a psychologist who specializes in fertility. They have everyone in the same building and working for the same cause. Their lab is also state of the art and people come from all over the world to have treatment there. They are great at working with patients out of state like me.
The cost of our IVF cycle was more expensive than at our previous two fertility centers. The IVF cycle in total cost around 26,000 not including medications. I did not qualify for a bundle package with a refund if we were not successful, because I have had failed IVF attempts previously.
I have told my doctor that I am only comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer and he agrees that given my health situation, that is probably the best way to go for me.
+ Read more- Read less

He seems to be specialized in women 40 and over. He gives your options and explained everything in detail. He was very candid with his opinion and easy to talk to. ... I have a low reserve and my previous Dr had me taking 7 shots a day - very aggressive treatment. Dr Schoolcraft has suggested a different treatment, a little less aggressive particularly because of my low reserve. We’re trying to get quality and not quantity at this stage.
They [CCRM Colorado] are very organized and the facility makes you meet with pretty much every department, from finance to a Psychologist. They even provide Accupuncture if needed! They are really thorough in evaluating you and your partners health. They give you a lot of information that you can take home and resources on their site and in the portal
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He seems to be specialized in women 40 and over. He gives your options and explained everything in detail. He was very candid with his opinion and easy to talk to. He was very knowledgeable and really took the time to go through results and give us options. My partner and I felt way more confident compared to the 2 other Drs we’ve seen in the past.
Don’t waste your time with other doctors, see Schoolcraft! Be ready for a very thorough consult and you will also probably learn something new.
The initial consult was very thorough and they did way more testing than any other facility.
We haven’t started yet, but his recommendation is very different to other Drs. I have a low reserve and my previous Dr had me taking 7 shots a day - very aggressive treatment. Dr Schoolcraft has suggested a different treatment, a little less aggressive particularly because of my low reserve. We’re trying to get quality and not quantity at this stage. He’s had some great results in the past with this type of treatment. I haven’t started my treatment yet, but I’m looking forward to it, I have a really good feeling!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele )
She is wonderful, friendly and gets back to you very quickly - particular through the portal email systems.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very organized and the facility makes you meet with pretty much every department, from finance to a Psychologist. They even provide Accupuncture if needed! They are really thorough in evaluating you and your partners health. They give you a lot of information that you can take home and resources on their site and in the portal.
We’ve met our deductible and out of pocket and our estimate for payments outside of insurance was approximately $7k
I believe her prefers to do single as more than one can become a higher risk pregnancy. However, he has done multiple in the past.

2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. ... Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1. ... Added hgh, dexamethasone, and clomid to normal follistim/menopur/cetrotide in order to improve egg maturation and quality. Got 10 eggs as opposed to 5 6 months earlier. Tweaking next cycle in order to address aneupoloidy (sp)?
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff [CCRM Colorado] and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses ... [nurse] Knows her stuff, honest with me, provides advice, and very friendly and compassionate. Never feel rushed and always responds to emails and phone calls promptly
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. In Illinois where I live, clinics often use the insurance mandate for 4 cycles as an atm machine and will go forward whether or not a patient is a candidate for ivf. Schoolcraft absolutely does not.
Request Michelle as your nurse! Also come up with questions ahead of time.
First time out for one day work up my nurse met with me for close to 3 hours. Clinic provides an hour orientation explaining the whole process and how the clinic works. Was able to meet with Schoolcraft (who is very in demand) for about 30 minutes each when in Denver for one day work up (ODWU) and for retrieval. He also personally performed several of the necessary testing procedures and I’ve had several scheduled regroup phone calls since I live out of state. Have had the same nurse the entire time and she has been wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses
Approximately $25k for bundled package including monitoring, retrieval, CCS testing, 1 transfer, all necessary regroups with doctor. Approximately $4k for one day work up
Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I should say that our phone consult and our direct meetings with him [Dr. Schoolcraft] during our 1 day workup wasn’t the most pleasant experience as he is someone who is known to be blunt and he keeps your expectations low. ... Dr S told us that we only have a 15% shot if we try another round of IVF with own eggs and a 40% chance if we go the IVM route.
Nurse Erin showed gr8 compassion and she was very organized and communicated the results to us soon as she receives them and she goes in great length explaining them. We also loved nurse Amy who helped us during our u/s and stims ... You gotta have deep pockets to get treatment at this facility [CCRM Colorado] if you dont have infertility coverage but hey you get what you pay for. I had 5 IVF failures at a local clinic and then come to CCRM and they only took one cycle to get me pregnant
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
As someone who struggled through infertility for a long time and at the age of 39 having gone through 8 IUI’s and 5 IVF cycles elsewhere without success we were looking for any small hope that we could hold onto. My husband found this doctor and the name CCRM and Dr Schoolcraft kept showing up on numerous forums . We immediately thought this is the place that could turn our fortunes and we called CCRM the next day for an appt with Dr Schoolcraft . To our pleasant surprise they setup a phone consult with Dr school craft within a month. I should say that our phone consult and our direct meetings with him during our 1 day workup wasn’t the most pleasant experience as he is someone who is known to be blunt and he keeps your expectations low. I remember the day when me and my husband came out to the parking lot in lone tree and we almost cried after Dr S told us that we only have a 15% shot if we try another round of IVF with own eggs and a 40% chance if we go the IVM route. During the next followup consult we asked for one opportunity to try conventional IVF and then try IVM if it doesn’t work. We ended up doing IVF but with very minimum stim almost identical to IVM. Without going into any further details I would say the hospital, doctor and nurses were phenomenal in every step of the way and a special shoutout to nurse Erin and nurse Amy. Fast forward to today, I am 21 weeks pregnant right now with the first embryo transferred with my baby boy and another perfect CCS tested embryo waiting in lonetree CO. I just went for my level 2 U/S today and everything looked perfect with the baby and I am writing this review with happy tears while my husband holds a glass of scotch. Anyone who are in their late 30’s and think they are doomed with infertility pls don’t walk just run to this place and I hope CCRM can turn your dream become a reality just like they did ours.
The one thing I would say is, when Dr S gives you a conservative estimate of chances I would think the chances are much more than the estimate given as my experience was such. So I would advice that you definitely persist with this doctor and he is the best at this business
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is the best at treating infertility and they have one of the best labs in the world. You gotta have deep pockets to get treatment at this facility if you dont have infertility coverage but hey you get what you pay for. I had 5 IVF failures at a local clinic and then come to CCRM and they only took one cycle to get me pregnant
since I had infertility coverage I only paid my deductable, my one day workup costs and CCS testing. They added up to 15K roughly
+ Read more- Read less

with [Dr. Schoolcraft's] specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process...He could be harsh with his words but honesty is what you need while going through this process. He's an achiever, not a sweet talker and you just need to trust his medical opinion. My previous doctor wasted three years of my life because he was too nice to me, and cared about my feelings than examining the root of my problem. Personally, I thought he was warm and caring.
[CCRM Colorado was] Excellent and very well organized. You feel really welcomed as soon as you walk in through the door. The nurse staff upstairs are also very wonderful and it was a pleasure every time. No complaints what so ever...never felt like a number...I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is just fantastic at what he does. He's honest, very direct but compassionate and most importantly, he wants results as much as you do. I loved his confidence, his expertise and I just knew I was in good hands with him. He saved me from transferring mosaic embryo at another clinic, and with his specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process.
I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case. It was my own time with the nurse or the Dr. which made me feel very comfortable. I definitely noticed the differene in care because with my last clinic, I used to walk in and see 20-30 other women just waiting to be called in, always felt ushed in and out just like a factory. Not the same at CCRM, never felt like a number.
I had two failed IVF cycles at another clinic so Dr. Schoolcraft suggested I try acai berry supplements. I bought them directly from the CCRM. I highly recommend them!!! I took them for three months before starting the cycle. My protocol included Gonal f, Follistim and Clomid and meds were taken in the morning and the evening. I always gave up all caffeine and alcohol and it made a big difference in results. I also did acupuncture twice a week for at least 4 months before my cycle. Make sure you ask for acupuncture on your transfer day as well. Just to give you an idea. My previous doctor retrieved 7 eggs in the first cycle and 6 eggs in the second one. Following Dr. Schoolcraft's instructions and protocol, he able to retrieve 19!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie )
All staff members and nurses were very professional and I was so pleased with the level of care.
25k for one cycle.
He recommended we transfer two pgs tested embryos and now I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. He said it was my decision but I just went with what he recommended.
+ Read more- Read less

Some may not like how candid he [Dr. Schoolcraft] could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab. ... On paper we looked good, but he was clear that only going through the process could tell for sure. He answered all my questions and explained things to my husband
Its [CCRM] big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. ... Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same ... Michele [nurse] is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. ...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Some may not like how candid he could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab.
Go see him, be honest with what you want, then listen to what he has to say.
Since everything looked good we started with a basic protocol. And I developed a ton of follicles turns out they were not good quality in the end. But when I said I wanted to do another round to get more embryos he said we could be ok with the 2 we had but could see the benefit to another round. He didn't change anything for the 2nd round because I produced so many follicles and could have overstimulated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michele is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. I saw a bunch of people when you have to go in so much but I always felt they were on top of things and knew about me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Its big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. But the employees are awesome, also Lone Tree is really far away from my home and work. I-25 sucks to drive every day in rush hour
Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same
He will be doing a eset when we go to that point. Because of my age.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes...He had to keep looking at my chart and asking his nurses for my name. He didn't care to ask about my journey or where I wanted to go as far as treatment. He immediately jumped into IVF is the only way and I don't think it's worth taking time to try Letrozole or anything else if Clomid didn't work. He had horrific bedside manner and spoke about the cost and about percentages I might have. Rarely looked me in the eyes while speaking.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic [CCRM Colorado]. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this...The nursing staff was rushed as well. There were w few who were nice but over all it was as if you had a number on your face and they look right through you...I had to call the clinic several times to get results back. Also a nurse gave us results out in a hallway in front of other staff and patients.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment I sat down in his office he was rushed. He walked in and "sized me up." Took barely 10 minutes to tell me that he only thought I had once chance. He is extremely cold and has no warm bedside manners. He didn't even think to check out my husband and made me feel as if our difficulty conceiving was entirely my fault, come to find out later by another doctor my husband has male factors as well. While he may have "paved the way" with his flagship office in Colorado and done wonders with Stars he's not a doctor for the people.
Don't waste your time unless you have tons of money because that's all he really cares about.
He had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this. They have multiple locations around the nation and have doctors there who are very interested in helping same-sex couples but most don't speak about heterosexual couples that they help. In fact most of their bios state their favorite couples to assist.
Seeing as they insisted that they redo multiple test the cost is astronomical. I wasted so much on them I regret it and has made things more stressful because of it

5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
he [Dr. William Schoolcraft] treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well...is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him...Be ready to advocate for yourself and stay on top of your treatment. And, hope you have a good nurse as she will be the person that you communicate with the most. And, she has to feel comfortable with Dr. Schoolcraft as she is the one who talks to him for you.
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome [at CCRM Colorado]. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to...It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional.
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him.
There's no real hand holding at this clinic due to it's size, so you really have to advocate for yourself and hope that you get a good nurse! When you are with the Doctor, however, he treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well.
We did two egg retrievals that were pretty heavy duty since I was a slow responder. I felt everything we did was logical and I understood each step of the protocol. My cycles went much longer than most other woman's cycles, but he was willing to adjust things for me. I retrieved the same amount of eggs with my cycles here as at my home town clinic, the difference really was the lab.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to. It's very important to have a fantastic nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional. They are pros and know what they're doing! The lab is really the reason to go here!
I really don't remember. Maybe with drugs included it was $15-$20,000 per cycle, but we did not due the family package which would have been cheaper.
I felt like they had this baked into a gridline formula. They had a solid recommendation, but would do whatever we wanted within safety and reason.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man.
From the very beginning, the clinic [CCRM Colorado] was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
European, Latino
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man. I didn't need a good bedside manner doctor, I wanted to have a doctor who has proven success and is a leader in his field in which he specializes. I will recommend Dr. Schoolcraft to anyone who goes through this process. A+++
let go of the need for a friendly, bedside manner doctor and get a professional who is sharp and brutally honest. He will get you there sooner. He finds the root of the issue quickly compared to my previous doctor.
From the very beginning, the clinic was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
I dont recall all of the meds
Love love love my nurse Erin! She was fabulous! I still communicate with her. Wonderful care and always returned a call or email in a timely manner
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
organized,scheduled,friendly,all good aspects to comment on. They made sure my needs were met the minute I walked in the door. The clinic was always clean and the nurses and staff were very helpful
Very similar to other costs of other clinics. We were out of state patients so we had to pay for flights and lodging
He recommended we transfer 2 and we were not opposed to that idea so we transferred 2 and I am currently 16.5 weeks pregnant with twins

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Morgan [a nurse at CCRM] was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.... Very exepensive and out of network for us. They have a lot of out of town patients.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. He is the best doctor there is an has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Definitely start with him or another doctor at CCRM Lone Tree (the other CCRM's are not under him so only travel to Lone Tree - we live in Chicago but traveled there - it is more doable than it seems, and they are set up for that.) Don't go anywhere else first because I feel CCRM has the best technology and the best lab.
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. We found him because of the amazing book he wrote and all the other IVF books out there that talk about CCRM. He is the best doctor there is and has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Menopur, Gonal-F, Lupron, Medrol, omnitrope (a growth hormone)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Morgan was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
After trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
We CCS tested and only had 2 chromosomally normal embryo so that's all we could transfer
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area.... I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process.... CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area. Dr Schoolcraft is very upfront and blunt and it took me a little while to get used to his style. While this was shocking at first, it was good in the sense that I knew my chances upfront and I did not go in with false expectations. Dr Schoolcraft was open to trying different protocols and seeing which ones would give me the best results. Dr Schoolcraft always answered all of my questions thoroughly and I never felt rushed. Also, Dr. Schoolcraft seemed to always run on time for appointments which is nice. Overall, I think Dr. Schoolcraft is a very knowledgeable, great Doctor.
I suggest for everyone to be their own advocate and understand your protocols and options, no matter who your doctor or clinic is.
At times, I felt as if the clinic is so busy and there are so many people in and out that I was just a number. I think in this process everyone has to learn to be their own advocate. There were a lot of protocols/options I learned from my own research that I had to ask the doctor about. I felt as if I should have been educated on all available processes/protocols in the beginning instead of finding out about them online and having to go back and ask about them. On the contrary, CCRM has a set process that you follow and it is very evident that they follow the process very well. All of the staff at CCRM are very well trained and the facility is top notch. They go above and beyond by having therapists on site for patients to speak to and they even hold support group meetings. They offer acupuncture before and after treatment, which I have not heard of at any other center. Overall, they are very advanced.
I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders. From the very beginning, I knew with my day 3 numbers I would not produce a lot eggs since I did not have many baseline follicles. With both protocols I responded how they expected, I never produce a lot of eggs or embryos unfortunately with DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process. If your nurse has the day off or they are out of the office there is a dedicated nursing line you call into. Usually, you have to leave a message but someone calls you back quite quickly. I have had to call in several times to ask questions on meds or had other random questions and I was always called back right away.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3 times to make sure they have the right person. The fact that all patients get an assigned nurse is definitely a plus, this way you have someone who is your contact that you get to know since it is such an emotional process. The only thing I will say is do not expect a lot of facetime with the doctor, most of your communication will be with the nurse.
This clinic is definitely expensive, but they are upfront about their cost which are also listed on their website.
I have been told they are open to single embryo transfer, or transferring 2 embryos. We have not transferred yet.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion. I had to read between the lines to know my chances were slim - like not being able to participate in refunds if it didn’t happen... I still think he is one of the best ones out there. Every other doctor hurts me and stresses me out. But he has a very gentile way....So after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion....after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic [CCRM - Colorado] was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety in picking a donor. So I did a full retrieval with an egg donor and 1 transfer so far.... I think thier lab is one of the best out there and wouldn’t trust my gametes or embryos with anyone else.... She has stuck with me the whole way and is very patient with me. I trust her advice and care.
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I still think he is one of the best ones out there. Every other doctor hurts me and stresses me out. But he has a very gentile way. I just wished there were more studies out there on everything from endometriosis and what works or doesn’t. It just seems like there is very little to fall back on in research in the infertility world verses like cancer.
Be patient and open minded to what it will take to have 1 healthy baby.
I feel like the care with both the RE’s I have used was just following a text book plan and not really tailored to my body. It’s like oh you have this issue, let do plan C.
I went to Schoolcraft for a second opinion. I had to read between the lines to know my chances were slim - like not being able to participate in refunds if it didn’t happen or referring me back to my OBGYN since they didn’t take my insureance - like not for one thing. So after I exhausted everything, I decided to go donor egg. This clinic was set up with already tested in house donors which took away a lot of anxiety in picking a donor. So I did a full retrieval with an egg donor and 1 transfer so far.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I hate feeling like cattle moving through the clinic. This is why I chose them as a second replacement. But what ever gets the job done now I guess. I think thier lab is one of the best out there and wouldn’t trust my gametes or embryos with anyone else.
Beyond ridiculously expensive! But I don’t like talking specific numbers.
My approach was to do 1 only given I have had surgery on my uterus. I don’t think that is the norm.

2 IUI, 8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I only spoke to him [Dr. Schoolcraft] one time at the initial workup. He had read my chart and was familiar with my case. He was confident (turns out overly) that he could help. I had lots of questions about med levels and he was totally dismissive of mini stim and immuno protocol.... He put me on the highest dose of everything which i think is his general approach to all stims. I was on 150 meno, 375 follistim, 100 clomid, a steroid i can’t remember which though, and ganirelix. It was by a long shot the heaviest dose of stims i did and it produced the worst results of all 7 stim cycles i did.
I do not recommend this clinic [CCRM] to anyone over the age of 35. I do think that if you had one failed cycle in a possibly smaller local clinic and you want to try one of the big guns in the country it could be worth it. They did not take my insurance and it was by far the most expensive cycle I did.... There is a corporate feel to the clinic and absolutely no flexibility in terms of individual plans. The vast, vast majority of people are doing the exact same protocol regardless of individuality because the prevailing methodology is more drugs equals better results
2 IUI, 8 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I only spoke to him one time at the initial workup. He had read my chart and was familiar with my case. He was confident (turns out overly) that he could help. I had lots of questions about med levels and he was totally dismissive of mini stim and immuno protocol. The rest of the time I dealt with his nurse, Sarah, who was efficient and nice. I had very little conversation with schoolcraft until after the cycle ultimately failed and we had a follow up call.
Don’t be intimidated by his reputation. Don’t be overly emotional or expect him to dry your tears. Come in with your questions prepared and dont ask for any immuno protocol.
I knew ahead of time that his bedside manner is considered brusque. I found him straightforward and direct. he happened to be quite wrong in what he told me he thought would be my outcome which pissed me off after the fact, but he spoke to me as a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was super organized and dealt with all the details efficiently.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I do not recommend this clinic to anyone over the age of 35. I do think that if you had one failed cycle in a possibly smaller local clinic and you want to try one of the big guns in the country it could be worth it. They did not take my insurance and it was by far the most expensive cycle I did. They have totally jumped the shark in terms of believing their own publicity and are completely rigid in terms of how they approach the medicine of reproduction. There is a corporate feel to the clinic and absolutely no flexibility in terms of individual plans. The vast, vast majority of people are doing the exact same protocol regardless of individuality because the prevailing methodology is more drugs equals better results. You must do pgs testing. they will not even consider day 3 freeze. They will not ever do a fresh transfer. They will not consider immuno supports- schoolcraft actuall called it pseudo- science to my face when I asked due to my history of RPL. Meanwhile more and more papers on the specific useful immuno treatments are being released. i think if you are under the age of 35 and do NOT have diagnosed DOR, and have never had a failed cycle, their conservative approach could work for you.
All in over 40K out of pocket.
never made it to transfer because they all died on day 4- which is what always happened. This was particularly bad because they got 14 eggs and only 4 were mature. They insist on growing to day 5 and so the 4 died.
+ Read more- Read less

I felt like the doctor [Dr. Schoolcraft] really understood our infertility treatment history and provided a customized treatment plan to our specific situation...He did indeed offer a realistic and fair assessment of our history and odds of success with IVF at his clinic. Dr. Schoolcraft provides years of experience, understanding of the newest treatments and remedies, and an unbiased assessment of patients' treatment options and chances of success. We believe all of this combined with the lab quality resulted in a successful IVF cycle and ultimate birth of our child.
All of the nurses, ultrasound and lab technicians [at CCRM Colorado] were professional, friendly and helpful. My assigned nurse was very attentive, caring, and responsive...The clinic is very organized and has an entire day planned for you and your partner when you come in for the physical work-up. The day also includes meetings to address the IVF process, potential options like PGS and using donors, and introduce you to your assigned nurse. After spending lots of time waiting for ultrasounds and bloodwork during monitoring at other clinics, it was a nice change to have actual appointments for those every morning that were closely kept on schedule.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
My spouse and I decided to schedule a phone consultation with Dr. Schoolcraft after undergoing 3 previous IVF cycles with different doctors and never producing a blastocyst. After those failed cycles, each of the doctors recommended using an egg donor. We wanted a final opinion from one of the leading doctors in the nation and had heard from friends he offered unbiased evaluations, even if his answer was to not recommend IVF or that a trip to his clinic was not needed. He did indeed offer a realistic and fair assessment of our history and odds of success with IVF at his clinic. Dr. Schoolcraft provides years of experience, understanding of the newest treatments and remedies, and an unbiased assessment of patients' treatment options and chances of success. We believe all of this combined with the lab quality resulted in a successful IVF cycle and ultimate birth of our child.
Do some research (including reading the newest fertility advances and trials on the CCRM website) before you meet with him so that you can maximize your time with him.
I felt like the doctor really understood our infertility treatment history and provided a customized treatment plan to our specific situation. During the monitoring phase, ultrasound and bloodwork appointments were scheduled and occurred on time. I was assigned to a specific nurse and most of the time, she responded on the same day to emails and phone calls.
I took an antioxidant supplement (OvaHealth) produced by the clinic for 3 months prior to the IVF cycle in order to hopefully help with egg quantity/quality.The title on my cycle plan is "Luteal Oral/Extended Clomid" - I took took 300 units of Gonal F and 10 days of Saizen among other medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
All of the nurses, ultrasound and lab technicians were professional, friendly and helpful. My assigned nurse was very attentive, caring, and responsive.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Between treatment and medication, we probably paid around $30,000.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Schoolcraft is not known to be warm/fuzzy, which is something I could have used a little bit of, I don't need a lot, but he will provide you with clear cut answers to your questions... my contact with Dr. Schoolcraft was only on the initial visit to get my testing and the day of the transfer. There are different doctors on the team at CCRM, and depending on which doctor is on call the day of your egg retrieval is scheduled is the doctor doing the procedure.
The nurses, ultrasound ladies, consultants, etc.. are very much on time and usually waiting for you. The facility [CCRM Colorado] is very clean and big. There is a small café on the ground floor in case you or your partner get hungry, because the first evaluation will take at least half a day.... I felt like a human because of my nurse Michele Chase. She was always my primary point of contact/go to person. She always provided answer to all my question within the same day of reaching out to her.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Being that I live in Miami, and CCRM is located in Lone Tree, Colorado, my contact with Dr. Schoolcraft was only on the initial visit to get my testing and the day of the transfer. There are different doctors on the team at CCRM, and depending on which doctor is on call the day of your egg retrieval is scheduled is the doctor doing the procedure. It might be your actual doctor or another doctor. Schoolcraft is not known to be warm/fuzzy, which is something I could have used a little bit of, I don't need a lot, but he will provide you with clear cut answers to your questions. And it will not be sugar coated, but they will be the facts of your case.
Do not expect someone that is nurturing and warm. He is straight to the point, and he will answer all your question. Also, make sure that you have all your questions ready for him when you meet, because if you don't you might leave the meeting feeling like you do not know what to expect.
I felt like a human because of my nurse Michele Chase. She was always my primary point of contact/go to person. She always provided answer to all my question within the same day of reaching out to her. She made herself available via telephone as well, and always returned calls the same day. Please note that all directives came from Dr. Schoolcraft, but Michele was the person who would provide all the information from the Doctor. My verbal communication with Dr. Schoolcraft was minimal, and only as needed.
I cannot remember much. I think I have blocked some things out because my last embryo did not survive the thawing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele Chase)
I provided a describe in a previous area.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Please be on time, because all your appointments will only have a 5 -10 minute wait max. The nurses, ultrasound ladies, consultants, etc.. are very much on time and usually waiting for you. The facility is very clean and big. There is a small café on the ground floor in case you or your partner get hungry, because the first evaluation will take at least half a day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Monitoring appointments are mostly scheduled in the morning because they need the get bloodwork back, early enough the same day, in order to provide you with instructions as to your next step, change in dose of medication, and potential retrieval day. Ultrasounds are also scheduled in the morning, because it makes no sense to come twice a day. Also, morning appointments give Dr. Schoolcraft the opportunity to review the ultrasound and bloodwork together for him to make a decision about your treatment progression.
One round of IVF was $24,000 not including medications.
In my case, I only had one embryo to transfer each time, so there was nothing to discuss.

5 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Schoolcraft spent the time to give us his honest assessment of our realistic chances of having our own child, no matter the method....we appreciated the blunt approach taken by Dr. Schoolcraft...Dr. Schoolcraft takes a no-nonsense approach to treatment. Brutal honesty was welcomed by us. He answered every question we had every step of the way. Most of our procedures were actually performed by Dr. Surrey, who we could not recommend highly enough as well.
Strength: CCRM's reputation for success was lofty, but they actually exceeded our expectations. They were able to create an environment that is professional, thorough, thoughtful, hopeful, and ultimately, human. They empowered us by educating us from the moment we arrived (literally, we were in a class to understand A.R.T., meet the nurses, and meet the embryologist). They were invested in our understanding of why this was happening to us and how they could help. Finally, there wasn't one person that we met who wasn't really good at their jobs. Weaknesses: As a couple from Chicago, the only weakness from our perspective was geography. We understand how fortunate we are to be able afford the expenses of being treated in Colorado, but felt overwhelmed thinking about those that can not.
5 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
As mentioned in previous answer, Dr. Schoolcraft takes a no-nonsense approach to treatment. Brutal honesty was welcomed by us. He answered every question we had every step of the way. Most of our procedures were actually performed by Dr. Surrey, who we could not recommend highly enough as well.
Expect the blunt truth. Be thoroughly prepared when you get a private meeting with Dr. Schoolcraft as his time is limited.
Dr. Schoolcraft spent the time to give us his honest assessment of our realistic chances of having our own child, no matter the method. While we had experience with other reproductive endocrinologists that were empathetic, informative, and ultimately unsuccessful, we appreciated the blunt approach taken by Dr. Schoolcraft. He didn't tell us what we wanted to hear so that we would spend more time and money with him. He gave us hope, which is a dangerous thing to give to a couple in our situation. If mishandled, it could have only prolonged our torment. Instead, he approached our dilemma with professionalism and honesty. Looking back, it was exactly what we needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie Boland)
Katie is a remarkable professional and human being. Under the circumstances, she was exactly the type of personality that we needed throughout the process. She was so impressively organized that we always felt like we were her only patients. Every step of the way, we knew that we were in good hands.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft explained thoroughly the risks of a multiple embryo transfer and long-term benefit of eSET. After careful consideration of his recommendation and collaboration with our GC, we were comfortable with his preference for eSET.

3 IUI, IVF
I'm not sure what his [Dr. William Schoolcraft] strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers...I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be.
My nurse [at CCRM - Denver]suddenly had a family emergency for a week while I was waiting for HSG results and my IVF protocol and calendar. I was disappointed another nurse did not step in as we were in a time crunch...My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation...Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I'm not sure what his strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers.
Ask any and all questions, be prepared, do research to be able to have questions.
I had my diagnosis of endometriosis prior to coming to CcRM. We tried 3 IUI's, all failed, and every time I ovulated too quickly. They didn't seem to try anything outside of their typical protocol and my 3rd iui was canceled due to missing ovulation. Now that we're moving on to IVF, I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be. My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation. Once, she told me 10 minutes of someone else's health issues before I realized she wasn't talking about me. We're local to CCRM and I've heard they're great so I'm trying to look past all of this.
1 iui with clomid and ovudril, switched to letrozole no trigger for last 2 IUI's. Clomid increased my cramping due to 4 follicles growing, letrozole gave me 1 follicle each time but sped up ovulation. Just received IVF protocol, priming with Doxycycline, cetrotide, estrogen patches. Stimming with cetrotide, gonal-f, menopur, and triggering with pregnyl and Lupron. No reasons were really given for any of them other than they should be successful.
Staff is great but my nurse has been difficult to work with. She's unorganized, usually uninformed and somewhat checked out. I've met other great nurses but haven't asked to be switched since I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have no complaints. Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean.
So far we've spent about 15,000 in IUI's and testing. IVF with icsi will be 34,000.

Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
I know he [Dr. Schoolcraft] has a number of different protocols. The one he used was based on my previous history with other dr's while using clomid...He also recommended a d&c since my lining was very thick and old. I have pcos so my body sheds less lining. I bumped my vitamin D intake and my husband took his vitamin cocktail... He simplifies the process, lays it all out and gives your his opinion. He is also human and can only do so much. I was pleased that he doesnt sugar coat anything, knows what he is doing and gave me confidence in being his patient that at all times I was in very capable care.
I have nothing but great accolades for Morgan [nurse at CCRM- Lone Tree]. She is AMAZING!! Always responsive, knows her stuff, is always on top of things. If I am unable to reach her or she is out of the office, the nurse line is always available and very responsive as well. I absolutely loved my CCRM experience and was primarily due to her care...Provides on site acupuncture prior to transfer (very convenient)
Anovulation, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is very capable in his field. I had unexplained infertility as well as a miscarriage. His plan of action seemed appropriate and addressed the issues I had. Although I have had symptoms of PCOS, I was never diagnosed with it. Dr. Schoolcraft cleared that issues and found that I did while all Drs through my adult life had missed it until age 36. He also recommended a D&C and after researching the procedure, I only felt comfortable for him to perform this procedure during retrieval vs. having another dr perform. I found him to completely competent and understanding. He never forced us to do anything that was outside our comfort zone and he recommended transfer of one singleton despite having a previous miscarriage. I feel his treatment was in my best interest from day 1.
We were not ones to have a ton of questions since we've been through it all. However, our communication with him was limited to our consultation. All other communication was done through our nurse out of personal preference. I felt that he was fully capable and if I had any concerns, nurse was competent and sought answers when needed. I would have all questions ready for consultation so that everything is crystal clear.
I felt human. Dr. Schoolcraft is there to do his job. He's not there to be your best friend or give your false hope. He simplifies the process, lays it all out and gives your his opinion. He is also human and can only do so much. I was pleased that he doesnt sugar coat anything, knows what he is doing and gave me confidence in being his patient that at all times I was in very capable care. His staff, especially nurse, Morgan is very much on top of things. Extremely responsive, caring and provides immediate feedback and ideas to assist during the process. I couldnt have asked for greater care besides the positive outcome that we had.
I dont remember the exact protocol, but I know he has a number of different protocols. The one he used was based on my previous history with other dr's while using clomid. his protocol worked for me. He also recommended a d&c since my lining was very thick and old. I have pcos so my body sheds less lining. I bumped my vitamin D intake and my husband took his vitamin cocktail. All worked out for us.
I have nothing but great accolades for Morgan. She is AMAZING!! Always responsive, knows her stuff, is always on top of things. If I am unable to reach her or she is out of the office, the nurse line is always available and very responsive as well. I absolutely loved my CCRM experience and was primarily due to her care.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM Lone Tree has many great positives. 1) excellent location 2) plenty to do in the area 3) great lodging options at different price points 4) location is very clean and welcoming 5) plenty of shopping / restaurants in the area 6) location feels very serene and excellent place to have an embryo transferred 7) proximity to Denver and Boulder gives you plenty to do if you want to extend your stay into a mini trip. Especially recommend the Botanical Gardens, gives you a place to relax with nature. 8) Provides on site acupuncture prior to transfer (very convenient) 9) has child care options nearby 10) Denver airport is easy to get in/out of. 11) Has a small onsite cafe with plenty of options. I have no negatives here. If I really had to search for something negative to say, maybe they could have a nicer outdoor/patio garden/greenery area to hang out and it gets pretty hot in the hot summer months.
We paid for specific one day work items while on site and then paid lump sum for the "package". Have a nominal credit on file that will be used towards next years storage fees and additional FET.
Everyone told us that Schoolcraft typically transfers two however we didnt find that to be the case. Schoolcraft recommended one transfer based on our history and age. I think his recommendations is based on your overall situation and not something he just thinks "will work". He wanted a positive outcome but also less risk for both me and potential baby.

3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Schoolcraft is a pioneer in his field. He is direct in his treatment and he gets results. He is not a warm and fuzzy doctor but was the only one able to get me to retrieval on first round without overstimulating me and resulted in my first child. I cannot day enough good things about his work, his clinic and the support I received from his staff especially being an out of state patient...For transfer they used a Lupron medication that was administered 2 months in advance to help with my endometriosis.
Overall the clinic [CCRM] was great...It is a little more expensive than other clinics with for IVF...[Nurse] Melanie was amazing. She was responsive and compassionate....Costs were typical - meds, procedure, doctor time and testing. All in we spent about $30,000...Dr Schoolcraft and CCRM spent time answering my questions and helping me solve my infertility problems that other clinics could not...I cannot day enough good things about his work, his clinic and the support I received from his staff especially being an out of state patient.
3 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don’t be turned off if he is not warm. He states the facts and is honest with his treatment recommendations. His plans get young results.
I did IVF and the protocol included antagonist treatment. I don’t recall the exact medications but took a few days longer to trigger. For transfer they used a Lupron medication that was administered 2 months in advance to help with my endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Melanie )
Melanie was amazing. She was responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Overall the clinic was great. It gets results for many and is known for treating older difficult patients. I needed a clinic that would be honest with my issues and truly help. I would say is the best in there US. When I first arrived there were couples from all over the world in the lobby waiting for their day to begin. It is a little more expensive than other clinics with for IVF but with all the testing you know you are getting a perfect embryo. My perfect embryo made me a first time mom in September and I will forever be grateful for CCRM. They helped us start a family.
No concerns as i was a relatively young patient for CCRM and didn’t want multiples. They also say the failure is lessened by only transferring 1

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Schoolcraft is a mild mannered person. He can be engaging, warm, and make small talk. He can also be a little flat at times, but that doesn't bother me. He generally gets to the point pretty quickly and takes time to answer questions...Have all of your questions written down and ready before speaking to him. He's not easy to access directly outside of scheduled face to face or phone appointments.
The nursing staff is pretty big at CCRM. They are competent, knowledgable, and responsive. Sometimes it felt like communications could slip through the cracks and sometimes extra follow up was necessary. I was also very anxious at certain points and it's hard to discern whether it was my need for quick responses or they were slow on replies...What I really like about CCRM is how thorough they are with diagnostics. The one day work up is totally exhausting, but worth it. I had to undergo an HSG, hysteroscopy, doppler to determine blood flow levels to my uterus, and a lot of laboratory work. Not all clinics require all of these diagnostics. My results were unremarkable. However, my best friend who also goes to Dr Schoolcraft had a polyp detected during the hysteroscopy, which he removed before proceeding with an eSET. I think that all factors that could impede success with IVF should be ruled out beforehand, otherwise it is major waste of time and money. The other thing I liked about CCRM was that they do an estrogen priming cycle before the egg retrieval. I had better egg retrieval results at age 39 at CCRM and than Fertility Centers of Illinois at age 37. FCI did not do estrogen priming cycles. I think the hardest part of working with CCRM is waiting to get started on the process since there are steps to take before an egg retrieval and transfer, and you cannot dive right in. It's worth it though.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Other
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft has a mild mannered demeanor. He was very positive and optimistic for me. When I miscarried after the first embryo transfer, we talked on the phone. The first thing he said was, "I'm sending you a big hug." I had a nasty reaction to the progesterone in oil and he validated how awful that was and that that may be been the cause of why my pregnancy did not progress. He offered up doing a natural cycle the second time and expressed optimism for that approach for me.
1. Medicated cycle for first FET with single embryo transfer. This is pretty standard at fertility clinics. It's easiest to schedule and allows doctors to control all of the variable with synthetic hormones. I got pregnant and miscarried at week 5. I did not tolerate progesterone in oil well. We switched from sesame oil to ethyl oleate during the cycle. I did better with the ethyl oleate but then got really sick when I was expected to increase the dose following a positive pregnancy test. My pregnancy ended after I got sick. I opted for the single embryo transfer. My odds were 50% chance of it working. 2. Natural cycle for second FET: We took this approach due to my reaction to the progesterone in oil. Dr. Schoolcraft did not like the side effects and said it could have caused inflammation that terminated the pregnancy. He said that natural cycles were as effective as medicated cycles. (His nurse told me she has seen an uptick in the number of natural cycles happening for his patients, but wasn't sure if these were local patients.) The natural cycle does not involve progesterone in oil injections. I felt much better using this approach and have had positive home pregnancy tests. I will go in for a beta tomorrow. I also did acupuncture and Maya abdominal massage, which he was in support of. He also recommended transferring 2 embryos to better my odds. 70% chance of success with 2 embryos with a 30% chance of twins. I decided to bit the bullet and tempt twins.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A lot was covered by my health insurance. The CCS testing on the embryos was over $5K. The FET was over $5K. If you have United Healthcare PPO that is the best to have for CCRM. Both the clinic and lab are in-network with UHC. UHC is the only insurance the lab accepts. The clinic accepts a few other types of health insurance. I would say that insurance covers 2/3 the total cost.
He recommended transferring two embryos, but I really did not want to risk twins the first time. I gave me the stats. He supported my decision.
28 Eggs Frozen
I absolutely loved my experience with Dr. Schoolcraft and the center. He was so patient, a super listener, and cared about my questions. I'm very Type-A and he answered EVERY single question.... He provides context and examples. He re-explains things you don't understand. He appeared to be open minded. He provided facts when he could. He is a clear thinker and could explain information very matter of fact. He was straightforward. HE READ MY CHART. HE KNEW MY FILE. I loved the whole experience. I wish he had more time.
the center [CCRM Colorado] is gorgeous. They run on time. Everyone can answer your questions. They are SO ON TOP of everything...They [nurses] were the nicest, most patient people. They knew my chart. They knew where I was in process of my procedure. They were so kind when I cried because of med overload and anxiety. They were poised and professional...I believe my total cost for initial consult, all medications, blood draws and ultrasounds for two rounds of egg vitrification was $35,000.
28 Eggs Frozen
Latino, Middle Eastern, Native American
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is brilliant. He listens. He provides context and examples. He re-explains things you don't understand. He appeared to be open minded. He provided facts when he could. He is a clear thinker and could explain information very matter of fact. He was straightforward. HE READ MY CHART. HE KNEW MY FILE. I loved the whole experience. I wish he had more time.
Get Dr. Schoolcraft as your doctor for the WHOLE process.
I absolutely loved my experience with Dr. Schoolcraft and the center. He was so patient, a super listener, and cared about my questions. I'm very Type-A and he answered EVERY single question. I brought a (then) boyfriend with me during consults and he treated him with the same care as me. He answered his questions too.
I did egg vitrification. I did two cycles. He said I didn't have to wait between cycles so I did them back-to-back. He did change triggers and meds each cycle based on how I was doing during each ultrasound and blood draw. I believe (can't remember exactly it's all a blur now) he changes my meds the second time because I had super high levels of hormones. But I actually produced more eggs that round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: I had one each time. Can't remember their names but so nice.)
They were the nicest, most patient people. They knew my chart. They knew where I was in process of my procedure. They were so kind when I cried because of med overload and anxiety. They were poised and professional.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
First. the center is gorgeous. They run on time. Everyone can answer your questions. They are SO ON TOP of everything. You can buy food, work from your laptop, take calls, put your needles in the trash. They have an orientation for new patients. They have an "on boarding" so to speak. Even the people who drew blood and did ultrasounds were professional and patient. I felt like a wealthy celebrity the way I was treated and I am far from those things.
I'm not at that stage yet so can't comment on this.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
What he [Dr. Schoolcraft] may lack in bedside manner he makes up for in knowing the latest and best treatments for your specific diagnosis... On transfer day, I had acupuncture in the office, the transfer and then more acupuncture. We transferred 2 embryos and they were both successful...he requires all patients to go in for a one day workup. This is all new testing in addition to what you have had before. From there he develops a plan. Stimulation phase lasted for a couple months based on my diagnosis. Since my egg quality was an issue he had a clinical trial with açaí berry extract that I took for 3 months before retrieval.
Flo [nurse at CCRM Colorado] was wonderful. She listened, provided feedback and assurance and quickly returned phone calls. All nursing staff I encountered were friendly and competent and caring...While it was "monitoring hours" I felt that they were able to get people in and out quickly... The nurses and other staff were wonderful. You develop a much closer relationship with your nurse due to the amount you interact with her...I took birth control for 2 months, then gonal f and follistim, then cetrotide, trigger shot and retrieval. This protocol produced not only more eggs but twice as many viable ones after 5 days.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is the best at what he does. He will be straightforward and honest with you about what your chances are and what your best treatment option would be. He is not a doctor that will hold your hand, but he is THE BEST.
Know that he is the best at what he does. What he may lack in bedside manner he makes up for in knowing the latest and best treatments for your specific diagnosis.
While our interactions with Dr. Schoolcraft were only during the initial workup, a couple phone calls, and the transfer, he was polite and informative. He is not someone that will hold your hand through the process, but he is VERY good at what he does. The nurses and other staff were wonderful. You develop a much closer relationship with your nurse due to the amount you interact with her.
First, he requires all patients to go in for a one day workup. This is all new testing in addition to what you have had before. From there he develops a plan. Stimulation phase lasted for a couple months based on my diagnosis. Since my egg quality was an issue he had a clinical trial with açaí berry extract that I took for 3 months before retrieval. I took birth control for 2 months, then gonal f and follistim, then cetrotide, trigger shot and retrieval. This protocol produced not only more eggs but twice as many viable ones after 5 days. Since we had testing on the embryos we waited 2 months to do the FET. I was on birth control for 2 months, then lupron, estrogen, and progesterone (suppositories and shots). On transfer day, I had acupuncture in the office, the transfer and then more acupuncture. We transferred 2 embryos and they were both successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Flo)
Flo was wonderful. She listened, provided feedback and assurance and quickly returned phone calls. All nursing staff I encountered were friendly and competent and caring.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Many have described this clinic as a factory that churns out patients. To me, that is what I wanted. Someone who KNOWS what they are doing and is THE expert. They have years and years of developing protocols for each problem couples can have and finding a way to help. I have also heard that Schoolcraft can be a little blunt, but I have not found that to be true. He tells things like they are but is also personable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
While it was "monitoring hours" I felt that they were able to get people in and out quickly. Because I was also and out of town patient, I had to deal with other obstacles back at home regarding monitoring, but none of it had to do with the clinic itself.
For the package of IVF, CCS testing, and a frozen transfer it was around, 17K. This did not include medications, travel or the one day workup.

5 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Schoolcraft is not warm & fuzzy, he’s a scientist and approaches medicine from that perspective.... His greatest strength is his brain - his cutting edge research is what makes CCRM so successful. He doesn’t coddle you or give false hope, but he was always kind and straightforward with us.... two specific distinctions from my previous clinic were: 1. Two months of depoleupron leading up to transfer (supposed to help make your uterine lining more “sticky”)
CCRM is well staffed, well organized and runs smoothly almost all of the time. I believe they seek to provide top notch care to all their patients.... Our experience with the nursing staff was wonderful! Everyone was so helpful and our assigned nurses (one for each cycle) were fantastic, caring, compassionate and made us feel important/special.... You definitely don’t have easy access to the doctors, but the nurses were available 24/7.
5 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
His greatest strength is his brain - his cutting edge research is what makes CCRM so successful. He doesn’t coddle you or give false hope, but he was always kind and straightforward with us. I felt he listened to us, answered all of our questions, gave us his full attention when we met. He recommended options based on CCRM’s extensive testing but let us make the final decision.
Be patient, persistent, and always ask for what you want,
CCRM is so big, I definitely felt like a number sometimes. Schoolcraft is not warm & fuzzy, he’s a scientist and approaches medicine from that perspective. However my team of nurses always treated me with utmost care & compassion. My overall experience with the CCRM staff was very positive.
I don’t remember details but two specific distinctions from my previous clinic were: 1. Two months of depoleupron leading up to transfer (supposed to help make your uterine lining more “sticky”) and it worked because our first round with CCRM was successful and our 4 previous rounds at another clinic resulted in miscarriage. 2. I did a double Lipton trigger shot instead of an hgc trigger,
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is well staffed, well organized and runs smoothly almost all of the time. I believe they seek to provide top notch care to all their patients. I appreciate their good communication, though their online portal can be a bit tricky to navigate at first. You definitely don’t have easy access to the doctors, but the nurses were available 24/7.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Some appointment were made for specific times, others were during a window but I never felt like I had to wait too long. They were always efficient and timely.
Travel, airfare, hotel One day workup Additional testing at home Medications Acupuncture Cycle Monitoring
We were sufficiently educated. With our history of loss, dr. schoolcraft had no reservations about transferring two embryos on the first round, even though I was under 35. After that resulted in a singleton, we were advised to consider only transferring one the second time, but ultimately we felt that the risk of twins was worth more than the risk of another loss. Our second round resulted in twins. If/when we return for a third round we would only transfer one.

2013 - 2016
Dr Schoolcraft has a wonderful bedside manner making you feel like you're his only patient...I truly had very minimal interaction with Dr. Schoolcraft but when I did he was very helpful. He explained outcomes, risks and purposes for using a specific drug vs other drugs for example. I remember coming out of one my procedures and he walked with me down the hall saying, "you're superwoman, you handled that procedure like a champ". So when I did see him on rare occasion he was very comforting & supportive.
my last years costs for transfer procedures [at CCRM Colorado] was $11,000 plus an additional $2100 for medications. My initial retrieval & fresh trahsfer including meds was $34,000...The clinic is very organized and has the entire procedure beginning from your first check-in, to blood draw timings, and procedures down to a science. Most clinics you sit in the waiting room for long periods of time whereas CCRM is pretty timely in keeping on schedule...Ellie has a very pleasant attitude. She is overall very helpful when needing additional information. She was timely in her responses.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
make sure you have a list of questions written down when you know you will be talking with Dr. Schoolcraft. You only interact with him a few times so your time is limited and you want to be prepared.
Although this is a very busy practice Dr Schoolcraft has a wonderful bedside manner making you feel like you're his only patient.
I'm sorry I don't have that info handy. I was on birth control, hormone treatments for egg production, progesterone, lupron, estradiol, and a few others.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I can't remember everything but my last years costs for transfer procedures was $11,000 plus an additional $2100 for medications. My initial retrieval & fresh trahsfer including meds was $34,000.

7 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Immunological, Unexplained
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] did an extremely thorough workup and was very upfront about his impression and what he felt would get us the best results. When we decided to go ahead with the transfer to me, even though he recommended doing a gestational carrier, he supported us. There were a few times where we don't feel like he gave us a good explanation or solid reasoning behind his recommendations but our case was very unusual and so it was kind of understandable.
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] has a tremendous amount of patients and hardly ever see him but our nurse [at CCRM] was fantastic and was able to communicate through him very well...The clinic is extremely well organized, friendly and helpful. They are so accommodating for out of towners and have it all figured out to get you in and out on time....The nursing staff was incredibly organized, friendly, supportive and helpful. Our nurse was like our cheerleader and was so positive all the time. She responded to my questions in a very timely manner and thoroughly. She always laid out the plan so we knew what to expect and was not afraid to ask Dr. Schoolcraft questions whenever we needed.
7 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He did an extremely thorough workup and was very upfront about his impression and what he felt would get us the best results. When we decided to go ahead with the transfer to me, even though he recommended doing a gestational carrier, he supported us. There were a few times where we don't feel like he gave us a good explanation or solid reasoning behind his recommendations but our case was very unusual and so it was kind of understandable.
You will get a very thorough workup and he may find something others have not. He is excellent at what he does and his lab is the best in the country. But don't expect a warm and fuzzy approach or to see him often or for a long period of time. He is very curt and up front but we don't mind that.
He has a tremendous amount of patients and hardly ever see him but our nurse was fantastic and was able to communicate through him very well
For the egg retrieval he started with a high dose of stimulation meds even though I had responded well in the past but said we could always back down. He delayed the retrieval by one day since we had such a large variation of egg size. His colleague retrieved 18 eggs but only 5 were mature and only 1 fertilized so they did a "rescue ICSI" on the second day which is still kind of an experimental procedure and all remaining 9 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 embryos and 5 were PGS normal. We decided to do a transfer on me instead of GC, although Dr. Schoolcraft said chances were much higher with GC but since we had 5 PGS norma embryos we thought it was with one try. Since I had +anti-phospholipid antibodies I started on lovenox one the day of transfer. We did a prep with dexamethasone, doxy, endometrin, progesterone in oil injection, estradiol patches and we had a positive pregnancy test 2 weeks ago with increasing hcg levels. Our first 6.5 week ultrasound is in 2 days so well see!

2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Schoolcraft failed to consider alternative therapies after multiple failed attempts - simply said try again, and charged for every test even when he personally said he wouldn't... Dr. Schoolcraft is a scientist and a businessman. He is good at creating a highly functioning lab, but terrible with patients. He failed to diagnose a very simple uterine condition that was spotted by two other fertility clinics. He is a terrible communicator - would prefer to keep patients in the dark. It feels as if he assumes that we are all of lesser intelligence and can't handle the information. In addition, he never spent the time to adjust therapies for better outcomes, nor offer vitamin supplement regimens even after the second failed retrieval attempt.
It's [CCRM] an embryo factory. The lab is what is well known but frankly even they're not perfect...Calling to reach anyone at that office was like going through a maze - direct lines were not released, and rarely did the person on the other end know anything about your history or condition when answering questions. Going through the office felt like going through a cow line at a milking facility.... I don't have anything good to say about CCRM....It varied widely on the nurse. Some were organized but had no compassion, others the opposite. In either case, they were all overworked and puppets of the doc, so that even when they might have done the right thing, they were unable to act. Most were so busy that they couldn't keep on top of their case loads.
2 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Go somewhere else. Do not listen to the hype. He has built himself a phenomenal industry but he is not a proficient doctor.
Dr. Schoolcraft failed to consider alternative therapies after multiple failed attempts - simply said try again, and charged for every test even when he personally said he wouldn't (some of his other doctors consider the patient). Calling to reach anyone at that office was like going through a maze - direct lines were not released, and rarely did the person on the other end know anything about your history or condition when answering questions. Going through the office felt like going through a cow line at a milking facility.
I was on a standard protocol (I believe #3 at CCRM) I am happy to find it if you would like to reach me directly. I have all information stored on all treatments. He did not alter the protocol despite same outcomes - tons of eggs, all chromosomally abnormal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: I had several over the course of my time there.)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's an embryo factory. The lab is what is well known but frankly even they're not perfect. They had to explain to me once why 50% of my eggs didn't survive a thaw, and didn't know why. If your problem is anything other than standard, they will not be able to treat you - that holds true for all doctors there, as they are obligated to toe the line. They will perform tests in house so that your insurance can't pay for them, and you have to pay $100's for a test that insurance would have covered. I don't have anything good to say about CCRM.
About $35 - $40K per attempt with my own eggs x 2 = $75K
He preferred to implant no more than 2.
+ Read more- Read less

...he [Dr. Schoolcraft] recommended DE to us, his reasoning was I failed to make Blast on 2 previous IVFs. I was 32 and DH 33 at the time. AFC 10-12 . NOT DOR pt. I explained that I am so many eggs left and I am still young and not ready for DE. He said hes willing to try IVM but hes not too hopeful!...I went to CCRM w high hopes. From my initial consult Dr S suggested DE based on my two failed cycles. I explained to him that I'm not ready to give up on my own eggs at 32, my afc is around 10-12 so I do have lots of eggs left I explained that I can do DE at late 30s...
She [nurse atCCRM - Lone Tree] at was very nice and caring.One of the best labs in North America... Amazing Embryologist...IVM protocol, 2 retrieved, Good quality day 3, called the nurse and requested to freeze on Day 3, Dr. S refused saying he wants to push to blast to do CCS testing ( I was 32 at the time). No blast...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I went to CCRM w high hopes. From my initial consult Dr S suggested DE based on my two failed cycles. I explained to him that I'm not ready to give up on my own eggs at 32, my afc is around 10-12 so I do have lots of eggs left I explained that I can do DE at late 30s. He suggested IVM which I wasn't comfortable with since is experimental but the results won't be reported (part of SART) which he's really big on...On day 3 the embryologist called me and said I have good looking day 3 with less than 10% frag and I told him I want to freeze but he said it's not up to him ! I begged my nurse to freeze one on day 3 but she said Dr Slijes to push them to blast and CCS testing is part of my protocol(did I Mention I was 32 w no known genetic problems all tests were normal.) but they get to charge you extra 4K for CCS testing. Once again I went w his recommendation but I should have trusted my gut! On day 6 the embryologist called to said none made it.
on his famous ODWU he recommended DE to us, his reasoning was I failed to make Blast on 2 previous IVFs. I was 32 and DH 33 at the time. AFC 10-12 . NOT DOR pt. I explained that I am so many eggs left and I am still young and not ready for DE. He said hes willing to try IVM but hes not too hopeful!
She was very nice and caring.
one of the best labs in North America. amazing Embryologist

2013 - 2015
3 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He's not warm or personal. He's smart, though. He will tell you his opinion, even when it's not helpful (such as telling me that something another doctor told me about was "utter quackery"). He didn't really know me at all. He sees so many patients and I didn't have much of a relationship with him....My 'home' clinic sent information that CCRM interpreted differently, and then blamed my home clinic, which was totally inaccurate. And, I had a biopsy and they never called to tell me it was normal. I had to call them.
Really difficult to get a hold of with lots of phone tag. That changed a bit for the transfer b/c the nurse gave me her direct number, but it still wasn't so great....My 'home' clinic sent information that CCRM interpreted differently, and then blamed my home clinic, which was totally inaccurate. And, I had a biopsy and they never called to tell me it was normal. I had to call them....Difficult to coordinate with and it's like a factory.
2013 - 2015
Investor
3 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don't expect a warm doctor or compassion, but he is intelligent and has a lot of experience
I sent 5 frozen eggs there in 2013 that were retreived and frozen in 2012. One did not defrost successfully. Of those 4, all were ICSIed and 1 fertilized (that was the worst result for all 6 cycles in terms of fertilization percentage, so I don't know if it was b/c the eggs were frozen badly or got damaged during shipment), that one made it to day 5, and was chromosomally normal. I transfered it in 2015 and am pregnant now. Thank I did 2 additional egg retrievals there. One was with ganirelix for 3 days before menses, then a lupron micro-dose every 12 hours for a few days and then adding menopur and 300 fsh/day. The other one was ganirelix for 3 days before menses, then menopur and 300 fsh/day. He tried the lupron micro-dosing but it didn't produce more eggs, so the antagonist was better. We used ICSI and about 75% fertilized each time. I had 2 make it to day 5, but none were chromosomally normal
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Difficult to coordinate with and it's like a factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Mostly a lot of people waiting and not very convenient
$75k
+ Read more- Read less

Doctor Schoolcraft was very thorough in explaining the risks and benefits for transferring more than 1 embryo and made sure that we were absolutely sure we were ok with the chance of having twins or more. We now have b/g twins and couldn't be happier with the results! Dr. Schoolcraft personally called me back when I had questions about doing chromosomal testing and whether or not he thought it was necessary. He was very honest and told me he did not think we needed to do it because of my age and other factors. That saved us thousands, when he could have said yes you need to do it in order to charge us more money. I appreciated his honesty in every situation we encountered.
The clinic staff [at CCRM] was always very welcoming and kind, happy to answer any questions and direct you where to go. They offered so many resources...The nursing staff was great! They answered any questions we had and called promptly with test results and medication adjustments. They gave great instruction and were available if I had any questions regarding administering any of the meds.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask lots of questions, don't be shy. He's there to answer your questions and address your concerns.
I felt that he was very honest and up front about what treatment would be best in our situation and give us the best possible outcome. He was always available for questions and never made me feel like I was asking a stupid question.
I was on the lowest doses of meds and responded well to the protocol. They did a great job monitoring and adjusting meds as needed. I did have some hyper stimulation, but they made adjustments and also had me take an oral medication to help and we were able to go through with a fresh transfer. Had they not reacted and adjusted meds at the first sign of hyper stimulation we may have had to pay thousand more to do a frozen cycle.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic staff was always very welcoming and kind, happy to answer any questions and direct you where to go. They offered so many resources.
Part of our treatment was donated, but I believe we still paid at least $8000 out of pocket.
+ Read more- Read less

Schoolcraft is blunt and honest, which I valued. When trying to figure out how many embryos to transfer, he asked us "What scares you more: failure or twins?" It was exactly the question we needed to be asked to make the right decision for us. It worked. We now have boy/girl twins conceived in our first round of IVF.
I was most disappointed in my nurse. She was rude and disorganized, always calling me at the end of the day with vital information on medicine and next steps, putting me in a panic to get the correct drugs on time due to my rural location. She would often call my home line despite requests to use my cell, also creating issues for managing care on time-sensitive matters. When working with my local hospital/lab on procuring blood work results, she was not helpful at all in communicating or working with the local resources. Every day was more stressful than it needed to be.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Expect a professional who has years of experience and results, but don't expect him to hold your hand, cry with you, or walk you through every detail. He is available when medically necessary and answered all our big questions, carefully evaluating and adjusting our plan as needed.
It is a busy clinic. I did not expect hand holding or emotional support. They can recommend you join support groups or see counsellors for that. I was there for their lab and proven results, so being a number was fine with me.
They made the decision to abandon the fresh transfer when my hormone levels did not cooperate. While frustrating to travel back home four hours away and wait several weeks on more medication to attempt a frozen transfer, the cycle was successful and thus prudent to adjust.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is clean and very much it's own hospital facility. Easy parking.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
I did most monitoring away from the clinic as I lived four hours away.
Roughly $25k

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Schoolcraft is clearly a very educated physician. He is very professional but lacks in the area of compassion... In the end, there is no need to go all the way to Colorado to pay double the price without the outcome.
CCRM is a very busy practice. I am a physician and hoped to be treated as one. In the end, I felt like just a number and a checkbook. Everything there is double the price anywhere else... There is nothing special about traveling all the way to Colorado for fertility treatments unless you live there already. Stay local and pay less.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is clearly a very educated physician. He is very professional but lacks in the area of compassion. We had to use TWO different donor's for my second and third cycle of donor egg IVF and the first resulted in a chemical pregnancy after only ONE egg fertilized of 10 frozen eggs. The second donor cycle I asked for PGS to be performed as this would be my SIXTH IVF, and I was told it did NOT need to be done. I ended up with a 13 week Down's syndrome baby that I miscarried, required a d&e for, and hemorrhaged. In the end, there is no need to go all the way to Colorado to pay double the price without the outcome.
CCRM is a very busy practice. I am a physician and hoped to be treated as one. In the end, I felt like just a number and a checkbook. Everything there is double the price anywhere else. There was ONE nurse who I worked with who was compassionate and warm, the rest treated you like a number. In the end, because we complained, I was given special treatment but only because we had had such poor results.
I had already undergone 3 cycles of IVF in my hometown: 2 fresh cycles with my own eggs (neg pregnancy tests), and a third cycle FET with PGS tested normal embryos which resulted in a blighted ovum. I had heard that CCRM was the place for difficult cases so I went there. I underwent a FET after a retrieval of PGS tested normal embryos which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. At that point, it was recommended I either use a donor egg or a surrogate, but I was not given direction as to which was preferred. I chose to use a donor egg. I used a donor who had 10 eggs frozen. When we arrived, only ONE fertilized and was transferred on day 3. I was heartbroken and begged for him to also transfer my last frozen embryo so a day 5 transfer of my embryo was also performed that cycle (double transfer). After a chemical pregnancy, I insisted that since I had the worst donor ever, I was given special consideration. After a long conversation, he stated I could try again with a proven donor from his database for free. She had 16 frozen eggs and we transferred 2 day 5 embryos. I had asked for them to be PGS tested but I was told that was unnecessary. I ended up with a positive NIPT test at 10 weeks for down's and a positive CVS for down's. I then miscarried at 13 weeks. I then left CCRM and returned to my hometown where I am now 30 weeks pregnant after donor egg IVF on my first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie was the best. She was compassionate, caring, and helpful. She was the best part of CCRM.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is impressive. It has fancy decor, waterfalls, and high ceilings. But it's like a factory and you never feel like you are treated as a patient but a number.
Almost double the price of any other fertility clinic I have encountered. I paid approximately 42k for my donor cycle and back in my hometown, I was given an amazing donor (who produces over 60 eggs per cycle and has already given 2 other couples babies) and paid a total of 25k total and I'm actually going to end up a mom! Everything is pay first and if you get reimbursed later, then you're lucky. You speak with financial people almost every major visit.

How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
The experience of being Dr. Schoolcraft’s patient isn’t what might be expected as the patient of an assigned doctor. I had almost no interaction with him outside of a ~15 minute phone call that felt more like a business development get-you-in-the-door call than anything specifically related to my chart or my care. In that meeting he pitched that the CCRM lab would have significantly better results than my previous clinic, but that proved to not be the case. In a much later phone call about starting a second cycle, I spent $250 for the call, which lasted under 5 minutes because he admitted he had not looked my chart and therefore didn’t have much to say.
If you go to Dr. Schoolcraft you must be prepared to have almost zero interaction with him. If you’re lucky you’ll be able to have some strategy conversations with him, but in my experience I spoke with him on the consultation call, and saw him once for a few minutes, but had no interaction with him from that point on (he didn’t do my retrieval, wasn’t there for complications after retrieval, and never did a debrief to discuss the disappointing results of the cycle).
I definitely felt like a number. Even just calling and trying to get ahold of a human on the phone you’ll get that sense -- it was standard to spend 20 minutes on hold just to eventually leave a voice mail message that you hoped would get answered in the next 24 hours. There are some medical facilities that have high volume, but still manage to get you where you need to go quickly (usually to a real human who sees your chart and can answer a question or direct you where you need to go), but this wasn’t the case here. Some of the systems they had in place seemed designed to overlook individuals. For example, before my cycle started my nurse coordinator had a medical issue that meant she wouldn’t be working for the entirety of my cycle. That wouldn’t have been problematic, but the CCRM policy was to not assign a new nurse coordinator, and just let me rely on whichever nurse was around to answer questions. This inevitably meant things fell through the cracks -- I complained and they did give me a new primary nurse, but the fact that it’s set up this way is telling.
Cycle before stimulation, both partners did doxycycline 2x per day for 10 days. Used home ovulation predictor kits, 10 days after LH surge was detected in the kits started Vivelle 0.1 mg patches every other day, Day 11 post LH surge started Cetrotide 0.25 mg until Day 13 after surge. At start of stim cycle, began with 2 vials of Menopur in morning and 300 units Gonal-F + Dexamethasone in evening. Believe dosage was increased significantly but can’t find specifics. Believe trigger was 2500 hCG & 0.8mL of Lupron twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jill Radke)
I started off with a great nurse, but unfortunately she had a medical issue and had to take a leave. After that I got bounced around to a few different nurses, and eventually ended up having most of my care handled by Jill Radke. The experience was mediocre. I often found it very difficult to get in touch with someone from the nursing staff, which led to concrete issues. For example, a nurse is supposed to call you in the afternoon after testing to give you an updated stimulation protocol. On more than one occasion I had that call not come through, and when I tried to call back I couldn’t reach someone. I eventually would speak with someone after hours who didn’t have access to my electronic medical record from her home, so just told me to inject whatever I injected the night before. Given the amount we were paying and the importance of the cycle, this obviously didn’t feel like good care. During the pre and post operation experience at retrieval I had very bad nursing experiences. There were several issues, a few examples of which: they said they would send me home with antibiotics which they did not, and they sent me home with incorrect discharge instructions that resulted in a later complication. The biggest problem I ran into with the nursing team came post op (I’ll cover it in the clinic experience section).
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They might have a great lab, but if the systems aren’t in place to make sure that patients can smoothly and safely make it through a cycle that’s a big problem. In my experience I found it did not seem that there was real oversight over my case or case management, both from a macro level and at a detailed level. I experienced several issues of clinic disorganization that were not only stressful but had the potential to impact my cycle. A small example was slipping through the cracks and never hearing protocol updates, then not being able to reach someone to give me accurate stimulation protocol information. The biggest issue I encountered was with a post-retrieval complication. I had very severe symptoms and was not seen by a doctor. I was seen by a nurse who did not consult my chart (which would, in retrospect, have given her real clues as to what was going on). They very flippantly treated me as if all women must just be a little crazy post retrieval and didn’t take my concerns seriously, which led to a dangerous situation and eventual hospitalization.
Not including testing and medications (which added up to several thousand dollars), total due to the clinic at the time of starting medications was $22,435. I didn’t realize at the time that this included the fees for a transfer even though we weren’t planning on an immediate transfer. Breakdown: 2014 “IVF cycle package”: $13,480 ICSI: $2,650 PGS chromosomal screening for 4 embryos: $6,875 Anesthesia: $430
I don’t remember having a discussion around eSET.

IUI, 4 IVF
Dr. Schoolcraft only took me on if I agreed to PGD (CCS test as they call it at CCRM) all my embryos. Of my 10 embryos, 6 made it to blast and all came back genetically abnormal. Once I got those results, I had to wait 2 weeks to speak Dr. Schoolcraft...I had no good embryos so that meant no transfer...Once I managed to get a phone call from him 2 weeks after the PGD result, he refered me over to the donor egg department.
The nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] was super professional but they still made a lot of mistakes. Once they give me full dosage Lupron, instead of the micro, once they gave me an egg donors medication by mistake and once they gave me the wrong trigger instructions...The clinic is absolutely beautiful. It's like the Four Seasons of fertility clinics.
IUI, 4 IVF
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I did 4, completed cycles with Dr. Schoolcraft. During the 4 cycles, I saw him twice and he had zero recollection of me or my medical history. Quite honestly I only kept going back because the treatments were a 100% covered by insurance and I loved skiing in Vail during and after the treatments :-) Dr. Schoolcraft only took me on if I agreed to PGD (CCS test as they call it at CCRM) all my embryos. Of my 10 embryos, 6 made it to blast and all came back genetically abnormal. Once I got those results, I had to wait 2 weeks to speak Dr. Schoolcraft. Who does that to a patient who just got such bad news????? They didn't care. I was just a number. I had no good embryos so that meant no transfer and I didn't ruin their statistics. Once I managed to get a phone call from him 2 weeks after the PGD result, he refered me over to the donor egg department. That was it. See ya later! I was too old and I was never going to be beneficial to their statistics.
Do not go to Dr. Schoolcraft if you have less than 20 resting follicles and low AMH.
No one ever remembered me
I started with growth hormones, Lupron micro, followed by menapure, gonal F, ganorelix and trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The nursing staff was super professional but they still made a lot of mistakes. Once they give me full dosage Lupron, instead of the micro, once they gave me an egg donors medication by mistake and once they gave me the wrong trigger instructions. Luckily I caught all the mistakes in time so I saved all my cycles.
Don't remeber. Was 100% covered by insurance

2013
19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Schoolcraft has excellent bedside manner. He answered all of my questions, I had a clear understanding of my plan of care and my next steps, and he asked me personal/conversational questions where we were able to make a connection...Review the binder materials, come prepared with your questions, and utilize Dr. Schoolcraft's nurses. It is easy to become overwhelmed during the process and being prepared help me gain control and ownership of my infertility treatment.
Strengths [of CCRM]: World-class, ethical, best IVF lab, best docs - I would NEVER go anywhere else! Weakness: While I was thrilled with my results and the majority of my friends have been blessed as well, there is a limit to what science and medical intervention can do. FYI: I hadn't read my binder/next steps carefully so didn't realize I needed to let my nurse know which pharmacy I needed my prescriptions called into, thankfully we (my nurse and I) caught in just in time.
2013
19 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft and CCRM-Colorado are the best in the nation. I have recommended both friends and family as patients to him and his partners. Dr. Schoolcraft was very clear with my results and my options to move forward; he gave me all my options and then made a recommendation. I am happy that I moved forward with egg freezing and knowing that when I'm ready I have 19 eggs frozen and waiting for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Amy Schaff)
I loved all of the nurses that I worked with at CCRM. I am a busy working executive and couldn't always speak freely when they would call. My nurse was aware of this, so she would follow-up with an email to be sure I got my dose information since I couldn't ask questions if I was in front of my staff. Happy with my care and happy with the result!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths: World-class, ethical, best IVF lab, best docs - I would NEVER go anywhere else! Weakness: While I was thrilled with my results and the majority of my friends have been blessed as well, there is a limit to what science and medical intervention can do. FYI: I hadn't read my binder/next steps carefully so didn't realize I needed to let my nurse know which pharmacy I needed my prescriptions called into, thankfully we (my nurse and I) caught in just in time.
I don't recall

2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Everything I had read about Dr. S [Schoolcraft] was that he had a terrible bedside manner and no compassion. I was on my last rope with TTC and I didn't need coddling, I needed the truth, and I needed the best. What I honestly found was that he is a scientist, plain and simple. As most scientists, he seemed to be a bit awkward talking to patients, and maybe a bit uncomfortable. He's actually quite funny as well.... Don't be "put off" because he's not the "run up and give you a big hug" type of doctor. He's amazing at what he does.
I tell people that CCRM is like a well oiled machine. Where you go, what you do, who you see, etc. is all written out and explained. I didn't exactly get the "warm and fuzzies" from anyone there, but I didn't need my hand held, I needed results.... They definitely have everything lined out for out of state patients, which made the travel/coordination SO much easier to deal with!... Heidi was amazing. She communicated very well, and always listened if I had a concern.
2012 - 2013
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Everything I had read about Dr. S was that he had a terrible bedside manner and no compassion. I was on my last rope with TTC and I didn't need coddling, I needed the truth, and I needed the best. What I honestly found was that he is a scientist, plain and simple. As most scientists, he seemed to be a bit awkward talking to patients, and maybe a bit uncomfortable. He's actually quite funny as well.
EPP protocol - less meds than any of my previous cycles, though still stimed for 12 days, and E2 plateaued. 21 eggs retrieved - 14 matured - 9 fertilized - 5 made it to blast - 3 were normal FET of 2 embryos resulted in B/G twins FET of final embryo was negative
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Heidi Kodmeyer)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They're just not a fluffy/feel good clinic, for the most part. They get you in/out and done. I really didn't care at that point because I had failed so many other times that I just wanted results. They definitely have everything lined out for out of state patients, which made the travel/coordination SO much easier to deal with!
We were 100% out of pocket, which quickly added up, but I don't remember the specific costs.
Felt very educated, and made the decision for ourselves.

2012
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] put me on a PCOS protocol that included metformin during the egg retrieval to improve egg quality because that had been an issue in my previous cycles. He also recommended doing PGS to screen for any chromosomal abnormalities. Because of my history of unexplained recurrent miscarriage he recommended trying their recurrent miscarriage protocol "Claritin, Pepcid AC and Prednisone." He explained that there were no clinical trials to support the use of these medications and it was akin to "voodoo" but that they had some anecdotal evidence that it had helped some women and he thought it was worth a try. I had an amazing cycle, producing 62 eggs and 27 embryos of which 19 were genetically normal.
[CCRM is] Extremely well organized and well run. Deal well with couples traveling from other states and complicated medical issues...Approx $40,000 for cycle and genetic testing of embryos....They were all extremely compassionate, knowledgeable and organized. There is superb communication at CCRM which is essential for successful cycles.
2012
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
My husband and I traveled to CCRM from Pennsylvania as a "Last shot" after our local fertility doctor told us she could no longer help us. First, we spoke to Dr. Schoolcraft on the phone during a consult and he had clearly read our very thick medical record and he presented a very reasonable treatment plan. We never felt rushed by him and he always explained his reasoning and was available for questions as needed. I honestly don't have anything negative to say about him or my experience at CCRM.
He's one of the best!
He spent time with my husband and me. He was patient, thorough and compassionate. His office staff and nurses are all very kind and the program is extremely well organized.
He put me on a PCOS protocol that included metformin during the egg retrieval to improve egg quality because that had been an issue in my previous cycles. He also recommended doing PGS to screen for any chromosomal abnormalities. Because of my history of unexplained recurrent miscarriage he recommended trying their recurrent miscarriage protocol "Claritin, Pepcid AC and Prednisone." He explained that there were no clinical trials to support the use of these medications and it was akin to "voodoo" but that they had some anecdotal evidence that it had helped some women and he thought it was worth a try. I had an amazing cycle, producing 62 eggs and 27 embryos of which 19 were genetically normal. We transferred 2 and I gave birth to healthy twins in 2013. This is in direct contrast to my other egg retrieval at a local clinic which resulted in 10 embryos, all of which were transferred over several cycles none of which resulted in a live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but I can't remember her name )
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Extremely well organized and well run. Deal well with couples traveling from other states and complicated medical issues. Expensive.
Approx $40,000 for cycle and genetic testing of embryos.

2005 - 2012
Dr. Schoolcraft is direct and supportive. He honestly answered my concerns and questions and didn't just run tests and procedures unnecessarily. He was honest with his opinions and his treatment plan...We ended up doing ICSI on half of the retrieved eggs and those were the only ones to fertilize. We had 9 embryos in the beginning but by day 3 only 4 remained and Dr. Schoolcraft personally called me to discuss implant at that point over waiting another day or two.
They [staff at CCRM Colorado] are patient, supportive and caring to everyone who walks through the door...very busy but everyone was very warm and supportive and willing to take the time to explain things and answer all questions...Such a great staff here. Friendly, supportive and caring. Even in a very busy practice they got to know me and my husband. They took the time to explain things and work with us.
2005 - 2012
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask questions up front. Be an active member in your treatment.
The clinic was very busy but everyone was very warm and supportive and willing to take the time to explain things and answer all questions.
We had unexplained infertility and at one point Dr Schoolcraft simply stated the IVF was our best option. He told us there were other tests and treatments just to be completely thorough he could do which were less invasive and costly but if they didn't work we would be doing IVF eventually anyway so the best course would be to just go with IVF instead. I appreciated the honest assessment and feelings given at that time. We ended up doing ICSI on half of the retrieved eggs and those were the only ones to fertilize. We had 9 embryos in the beginning but by day 3 only 4 remained and Dr. Schoolcraft personally called me to discuss implant at that point over waiting another day or two. Together we choose to implant that day. He chose the three best embryos left for the implant and fortunately all three took. The one remaining embryo failed shortly after we did the implant.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've had nothing bit positive feelings and results from the clinic, staff and doctors. They are patient, supportive and caring to everyone who walks through the door. They work miracles for most on their patients and for those still struggling they are compassionate and understanding to.
Doctors fees, lab fees, medications, procedure fees.
We choose to implant three because my embryos were failing at a high rate. We placed three in the hopes that just one would make it. Of the 14 embryos we had only the three implanted remained viable all of the others failed.