Available by cell phone
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCLA
10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Schoolcraft to a friend?

4.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?
3 IVF, Surrogacy
he [Dr. Schoolcraft] lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming...each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all...Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not.
Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered [at CCRM Colorado] is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE...When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit...Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always stat
3 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Hearing and reading about Dr. Schoolcraft I knew what to expect when meeting with him. He is pretty stone faced and his demeanor is intimidating in that sense because for me personally, I am always seeking compassion and tenderness from my doctors especially in this particular field of work. He is a man of few words and his answers are brief, but he does radiate this confidence that really made me believe that HE will be the one to make my & my husband's parenthood dreams a reality. I must say that Dr. Schoolcraft did surprise me a bit at our first transfer when was very lighthearted and made a joke before the transfer. It really did calm the room, gave us all a laugh and put me more at ease. What was even more surprising was that at our second transfer to our surrogate (which my husband and I did not attend) he made another comment to her that was silly and out of character and put her at ease. I loved hearing that from our surrogate and that she definitely never saw the cut/dry personality he could possess.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Always be prepared with questions and follow up questions. He likely will not initiate the conversations with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Living out of state, each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all. This is QUITE the contrary from a majority of the nurses we've encountered - both in the IVF and third party (surrogacy) departments. Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not. However, the clinic and lab are extraordinary so once I had first hand experience of how the phone conversations would go with the doctor, I learned to ask most of my questions to my nurses.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
As this relates to my courses of treatment, I'll start this by informing the reader that I do not get a period and I do not have a uterus. My first cycle was very similar to the cycle outlined below with the exception that I started taking Follistim 300mg for about 3 days prior to having my doses lowered. For this first cycle another doctor did my retrieval because Schoolcraft was out of town. Some of my eggs had to be removed abdominally which in my other two previous cycles at another clinic was never necessary. For my second cycle (which I am about to start priming for next week) he lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming - antagonist using Estrace 2mg and Prometrium 200mg. Then moving on to 2 vials of menopur in the morning, 150 units Follistim + Clomid 100mg + Dexamethasone in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna, Katie (GC nurses) and Ellie (IVF nurse))
I cannot communicate enough good things about Dr. Schoolcraft's nursing staff. Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE. My IVF nurse prefers to correspond through the clinic's portal and though her answers are generally short and to the point - I never feel like I am needing more from her. The third party nurses are on another level of excellence. They will always get on the phone to talk, always send emails directly to my email address and I NEVER feel like I am out of line or bothering them or annoying. They are the ABSOLUTE BEST. And when I get frustrated with Dr. Schoolcraft because he doesn't give any of that, the girls compensate wholeheartedly in their jobs. You MUST request to work with Shawna or Katie if you need a third party nurse at CCRM. Earlier this year we lost our first pregnancy at 13 weeks. Our surrogate was carrying our first little baby and was incredibly sick throughout the pregnancy. Our care was discontinued with CCRM after 10 weeks of pregnancy, you actually get a congratulations email and "graduate" and even though that was the case that we were no longer under their care, they still helped me tirelessly answering questions, navigating next steps, and supporting me and my husband. I have so much love for Shawna and Katie. Our surrogate is pregnant again and while we are still very early in the process (past the 11 week mark now) Shawna and Katie have been overly compassionate, logical, and true heroes this time around. Everything that I have asked for (repeating tests, sending orders for extra tests, asking personal opinions), they have been PATIENT and kind and just very open and warm to me and my husband. There is no way that we could navigate this process, mentally or emotionally without them on our team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM operates like a well oiled machine. When my husband and I first stepped foot into the clinic for our one day workup we were beyond impressed. The level of organization and efficiency is incredible. Schedules are organized and all you have to do is show up and go where you are told at the time you are instructed. Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always state your name and birthdate! This helps the staff and also allows you to get to the right person quicker.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
Since my husband and I traveled to Denver from out of state we incurred additional expenses related to airfare, car rentals, accommodations, etc. When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit. We paid out of pocket for all of our blood work and ultrasounds during that one day workup totaling about $3K. Genetic testing screenings provided by the clinic were $350/person. Cycle payment including anesthesia $6,286 Lab fees including genetic testing $12,831 Abdominal retrieval (additional charge) $623 Shipping kit for blood workups for out of state was $110 each time.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly believed in implanting ONE embryo. Our surrogate also preferred that in her contract. And, at the time we transferred my embryos were created when I was 35 and my husband 33.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
At one point Shawna (our third party nurse) was out on maternity leave and the office must have been very busy and overwhelmed initially. One of the other nurses who may be an assistant or someone I never deal with sent an email to me referencing the wrong surrogate and indicating that she started her period - which was out of left field especially considering the stage we were in. I of course got alarmed when I read the message. And immediately checked in with our carrier to make sure this wasn't true. It was just carelessness which I understand happens but in sensitive situations that fertility clinics encounter 24/7 you need to pay extra attention when communicating to patients. My husband and I ended up having a discussion with the Business Manager who listened to our concerns and was very open about the need to correct them.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred)... He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions... As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated.
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred). My previous doctor said "the embryos looked good" vs. Dr. Schoolcraft stating the transferred embryos were "wonky" and didn't appear to be the best quality. When meeting during our follow up appointment at the one day workup, he demonstrated an understanding of my infertility history and provided thoughtful comments in response to my decision to move forward with an egg donor cycle given my severe diminished ovarian reserve/ high FSH diagnosis.
Be prepared to ask questions about your case and proposed treatment. He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan. He immediately explained that most of the people that come to him have multiple failed cycles elsewhere and he realizes that he has one shot with these patients. He reiterated that his goals are aligned with mine.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions. By the end of my one day workup, all of the front desk employees knew me on a first name basis, greeted me with a smile, etc.
N/A- I am awaiting a donor egg cycle at this time.
I have been given a dedicated nurse while I am a patient at CCRM as well as a dedicated back up nurse which is greatly appreciated. At my previous clinic, I spoke and met with a different nurse each time I was called for IVF instructions or Day 2/3 IVF monitoring. My nurses at CCRM have been extremely kind and never make me feel like I am bothering them. They are extremely knowledgeable, communicate clearly and return calls/emails in a timely manner. Overall, it has been a great experience thus far.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM-Lone Tree is very organized and well run. As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated. In terms of the actual care, they provide an IVF class to walk you through the process, things to be aware of, potential risks as well as preparation and expected timelines. They provide a binder with all important information, check lists and resources for patients so that you can easily refer back to the information at a later date. In my experience, the clinic ran appointments on time, I was always greeted with a smile and the environment had a peaceful feel. The business office checks all insurance benefits and is prepared to discuss the financials during the one day workup. I really can't say anything negative at this point in time.
The clinic and doctor did say that they prefer to transfer one embryo at a time. I'm sure there are instances and cases where other guidelines would apply. I did not press this point given we will be doing CCS testing.

2020
This clinic [CCRM Colorado] is a one stop treatment center. You go for about 5-6 hours and do all your initial diagnostic work-ups all in one building. When you first arrive, you have to sit through an orientation, which was interesting. Then, you start doing tests, everything from blood-work to hysteroscopy to ultrasounds of your ovaries. My partner also did semen analysis and blood-work. Every single lab technician was highly professional. My one complaint was you also to meet with a financial coordinator. In our case, that person seemed uninformed about what our insurances cover and don't cover despite having information from us before our visit.
2020
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft has devised a very particular treatment plan for me. I am 46 years old. Although I froze eggs over 6 years ago, I know that that does not guarantee a healthy pregnancy. I came to Dr. Schoolcraft after being treated like a number by the clinic that did my egg retrieval. It's a huge cost and emotional investment to travel to Colorado to do this treatment. But from the first instance of talking to Dr. Schoolcraft, I felt treated with such dignity and compassion. Dr. Schoolcraft has been honest and direct about my chances of IVF working. He is going to do one round, but he believes my frozen eggs represent my best chance. I have tremendous anxiety about that process but Dr. Schoolcraft both explained completely how his lab works and then had his chief embryologist speak with me. I talked to her three times on the phone! They both have answered every question. Plus, Dr. Schoolcraft has put me on a regime of daily supplements and developed a very specific drug protocol for when I start IVF. I have absolutely no doubt that he will give me the best treatment tailored specifically to me and my needs. He's deeply compassionate, thorough and speaks in very clear and kind manner.
Call him immediately. Do not waste time going to clinics where you can't get a doctor on the phone. Set up a phone consultation if you have concerns about traveling to Colorado. Just 2 minutes into your call you will be convinced.
Dr. Schoolcraft has been a wonderful physician to both my partner and I. We came to him after feeling frustrated with the factory-life feel of the clinic where I had frozen eggs over five years ago. A friend had recommended Dr. Schoolcraft, who helped her have a baby after multiple miscarriages. We initially spoke with Dr. Schoolcraft over the phone. He was extremely reassuring that we had options despite my advanced age and that his lab could work with the frozen eggs. The idea of traveling to Colorado from New York was extremely daunting (both financially and psychology), but we decided to go there in February for an initial intake and diagnostic consultation. Our treatment by Dr. Schoolcraft and his colleagues at CCRM was unbelievable. He was direct about the obstacles of doing a fresh round of IVF, but consulted us to try at least once and at the same time to have my frozen eggs shipped to his lab. We spoke directly with the head embyrologist, who explained the exact process she would use and reassured us that my eggs would be safe. Every nurse and technician who performed lab and other tests on us were warm, professional and highly informative. After that intake, I have spoke several other times with Dr. Schoolcraft. He responds quickly by phone and spends copious amounts of time with me. He is has fast-tracked me to start treatment as soon as possible, and I feel extremely confident that if anyone can help me be a mother it is him. I realize that my chances are complicated because of my age, but I believe that Dr. Schoolcraft and CCRM will do their best to work with the frozen eggs I have and give me a protocol for IVF that will generate the possible chance. Most of all, they are so supportive and available, I feel that I am not a number, but a human who they care about.
We haven't started a protocol yet, but the plan is to begin with a testosterone gel applied every morning and an Estrace 2mg tablet by mouth twice daily. After about two weeks, I start Prometrium at 200mg twice a day. On cycle day 21, I start a testosterone patch, which I do daily for 5 days. At the start of my next cycle, I start stimulation medications, which includes Menopur, Gonal-F/Follistin and Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tara Wells)
Tara has been absolutely terrific. She worked with us the day we did our diagnostic work and walked us through all aspects of the treatment. Since our visit to Colorado, she responds quickly to phone or email questions. When she is unavailable one of her colleagues calls back to give an update or take a question to relay to her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is a one stop treatment center. You go for about 5-6 hours and do all your initial diagnostic work-ups all in one building. When you first arrive, you have to sit through an orientation, which was interesting. Then, you start doing tests, everything from blood-work to hysteroscopy to ultrasounds of your ovaries. My partner also did semen analysis and blood-work. Every single lab technician was highly professional. My one complaint was you also to meet with a financial coordinator. In our case, that person seemed uninformed about what our insurances cover and don't cover despite having information from us before our visit. She sent us on a wild goose chase to try to get better coverage from my insurance that was never going to happen.
The costs are projected to cost about $12,000 for one cycle, which will also include working with my frozen eggs. We are doing to do both IVF and try to fertilize the frozen eggs.
Dr. Schoolcraft promotes elective single embryo transfer.

2019 - 2020
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
After being his [Dr. William Schoolcraft's] patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal...he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipp
At CCRM you have to be prepared to be your own advocate, because they have so many patients coming through their system. On my first IVF cycle at CCRM (2nd overall), my nurse gave me a downreg/stim calendar that was off by 8 days. Luckily I noticed before I started stimming and brought to her attention, and she was very apologetic, but you need to make sure you pay close attention to tests and protocols to make sure everything lines up.
2019 - 2020
European, Latino
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We had just come from a failed IVF cycle at a clinic where the doctor was SO patient, compassionate, and meticulous with our care. The transition to Dr Schoolcraft was a bit of a shock, in that he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipped through my thick stack of patient notes (I felt like I should have asked him if he'd prefer me to stop speaking so he could pay attention to what was written). After being his patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal.
Come prepared with a list of questions. Ask them all. If you think that he has not read your notes, also come with a medical history to go through.
PREP: Metformin, Acai trial (90 days) STIM: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Dexamethasone TRIGGER: Lupron, HCG (Pregnyl)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff was very helpful and compassionate. There were some issues with miscommunication, but in general we are very happy with the team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has built a great reputation for itself, and I see why. It's clean, efficient, and comfortable to be a patient there. However, as I stated before, you have to be prepared to be your own advocate—some things can fall through the cracks with a large operation, like test orders and details about your protocol. For example, one time I went for a monitoring ultrasound as part of my IVF stim protocol, and the technician thought that I was pregnant (always a fun one to explain). Oh, it's also insanely expensive.
very expensive, ~$35,000-$40,000 including the tests we had to re-take at CCRM before being accepted as patients. We had had the tests done at another clinic and they won't accept those results.
we didn't get there, but he made it clear he wanted to only transfer one embryo

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Schoolcraft is smart and a leader in his field! But you pay dearly for it. I think his methods are very clinical, and they work for a lot of women. Unfortunately, I’m in the small percentage of women who it did not work for. That was hard to accept after spending so much time and money.... we only met Dr. Schoolcraft maybe 3 times (initial consult, egg retrieval, and post-consult). He did not perform the transfer. So in a sense I felt like a number to him, but a human to the rest of the staff!
This place [CCRM] is a well oiled machine. They have patient processing down to a science. They accommodate you and your schedule and everyone is really great to work with. Make sure you understand they do not really venture into “new age” kind of treatment. I’m looking at Reproductive Immunology now and they don’t really buy into that.... All in we spent about $40,000 for one retrieval and one transfer. No insurance coverage and that was with the in state discount. That price is inclusive of the medications which are very expensive. (For both transfer and retrieval probably close to $7,000)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is smart and a leader in his field! But you pay dearly for it. I think his methods are very clinical, and they work for a lot of women. Unfortunately, I’m in the small percentage of women who it did not work for. That was hard to accept after spending so much time and money. I do think there was some false hope given, but if you’re in the small percentage of women facing recurrent miscarriage, you almost get used to that.
you Have to have your questions ready for him. You also need to speak up and advocate for your own situation because he sees so many women come through his clinic, I think it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle.
CCRM is a well oiled machine! They have great success for many patients, but not for us, yet. Your main communication is with a nurse that is assigned to you. Honestly everyone who works there is great, but we only met Dr. Schoolcraft maybe 3 times (initial consult, egg retrieval, and post-consult). He did not perform the transfer. So in a sense I felt like a number to him, but a human to the rest of the staff!
I already had 4 miscarriages so it was presumed that my eggs were “bad”. So I had an egg retrieval, froze the embryos and then had embryos genetically tested. I had four embryos make the cut. One was transferred and implanted successfully, but I had a miscarriage at 6.5ish weeks. From what I recall, my protocol included Estradiol patches, Lupron, ganirellix, Gonal-f, and novarel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Everyone is assigned a nurse and she is your primary contact throughout the process. My nurse was/is wonderful and was/is always available! (If she was not in office, an on call nurse was always available)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is a well oiled machine. They have patient processing down to a science. They accommodate you and your schedule and everyone is really great to work with. Make sure you understand they do not really venture into “new age” kind of treatment. I’m looking at Reproductive Immunology now and they don’t really buy into that.
Doctor wanted to transfer only one embryo, but would have done two if I wanted. He said if I were to miscarry I would lose two but if I didn’t the pregnancy risks would be higher with two. Since I miscarried I’m glad I only used one embryo.

2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The strategy [with Dr. Schoolcraft] was aggressive and I produced too many eggs the first time. I had mild OHSS for the first of three back to back retrievals. My treatment was adjusted subsequent times to ensure I did not get OHSS during the other retrievals...Dr Schoolcraft originally wanted me to transfer two, but felt confident that If I wanted to transfer one, that my chances would still be very good. I had a successful transfer and gave birth to a healthy girl in May 2019.
[CCRM Colorqado is] A beautiful facility...As spa-like as a doctor’s clinic could be...This aided in the way I felt about treatment. It made me feel really comfortable. The one con is the business office...they made a bunch of mistakes on the billing side that needed to be remedied after the fact...Most of my contact was with the nursing staff and they were great. There was a lot of contact and care and they always responded to questions quickly...
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He’s a genius and his methods are cutting edge and thorough. Rather than do the bare minimum testing a troubleshoot later, I was happy to do all testing upfront. His clinic Is beautiful and comfortable and I always felt confident that success was in reach.
Dr. Schoolcraft is very soft spoken and quiet. Don’t let that throw you. He personalizes everyone’s treatment and while he stays behind the scenes, he is the one ensuring that treatment goes well.
Dr Schoolcraft sees a lot of patients and while he familiarizes himself with my file prior to each visit, I often wondered If he remembered who I was. That said, his bedside manner is very good and I was really happy when he called me to see how I was doing after my positive pregnancy test.
The strategy was aggressive and I produced too many eggs the first time. I had mild OHSS for the first of three back to back retrievals. My treatment was adjusted subsequent times to ensure I did not get OHSS during the other retrievals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of my contact was with the nursing staff and they were great. There was a lot of contact and care and they always responded to questions quickly. They made sure all my medications were ordered and when a provider didn’t cover one of the medications, the nurse team made sure to write my prescription in a way to ensure a portion of the particular drug was covered.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A beautiful facility As spa-like as a doctor’s clinic could be This aided in the way I felt about treatment. It made me feel really comfortable. The one con is the business office. They say that their business office takes away from the stress of IVF, but they made a bunch of mistakes on the billing side that needed to be remedied after the fact.
Testing costs Lab costs Retrieval costs Freezing costs Transfer costs
I had my embryos CSS tested and had a lot of normal embryos. Because of this, we decided to transfer 1 embryo. Dr Schoolcraft originally wanted me to transfer two, but felt confident that If I wanted to transfer one, that my chances would still be very good. I had a successful transfer and gave birth to a healthy girl in May 2019.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
There was only one issue. It was very minor. I wasn’t informed of my thyroid test results for about a month and it turned out that I was hyperthyroid. I had to delay my transfer to get my thyroid back to a normal level. The transfer ended up being successful and I had a live birth.

IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] tailored our conversations to discuss our issues. Although we have only met with him twice...He is honest and has a very well run clinic...We got a lot of reading materials to take home that told us everything we needed to know and expect...I feel like they really know our case there, even if we don’t interact much with Dr. Schoolcraft...We did a mock cycle that involved estradiol patches and additional estrogen and now I am just starting the cycle for the transfer. For the mock cycle my lining did get thick enough (I did monitoring through Emory)! For the transfer cycle, there are no results to report.
[CCRM Colorado is] Very organized. The portal takes you only to Dr. schoolcraft’s nurses. I also have their direct phone extensions. So when I call or email I know who to address it to and/or who I am going to talk to. That is reassuring. I don’t need to reexplain my case and they know me... The financial counseling has been the most confusing part of our treatment because we got a couple of conflicting stories about what was covered and what wasn’t.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is honest and has a very well run clinic. The main selling point is how organized they are. We got a lot of reading materials to take home that told us everything we needed to know and expect. Also we have direct access to the same nurses all the time to respond to questions so I feel like they really know our case there, even if we don’t interact much with Dr. Schoolcraft.
You may not get to talk to him much, but his nurses are too rate and you will feel like they really know your case.
He tailored our conversations to discuss our issues. Although we have only met with him twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and Helen)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very organized. It is a bit more expensive, but with the higher success rates and the quality of the care you get I think it’s worth the additional cost. Especially if we only have to one cycle (fingers crossed). If you are out of state like me you have to do your monitoring at a local clinic, which does require me to follow-up and be sure that clinic sends the info and the other receives it. That can be a pain. Especially if your local clinic isn’t invested in you as a patient.
We haven’t paid for everything yet. So far most was covered by insurance or from our HSA. The clinic is in network for me but the lab is out of network. The financial counseling has been the most confusing part of our treatment because we got a couple of conflicting stories about what was covered and what wasn’t.
They are very strict about only transferring one embryo if you have high quality embryos. If they are not of high quality they may transfer two, but they make it clear that is not the norm.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
The conflicting information came from the finance department. My work insurance is a bit complicated

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Schoolcraft was nice, patient, and gave enough time to answer all of our questions. He believes in finding a solution to our situation and genuinely wants to help. Dr Schoolcraft was on site almost daily and was able to look over my daily lab results. Though he did not perform the surgery, I had a great experience. ... He had a nice demeanor in our consultations. Allowed us to ask questions and I never felt rushed. He did mention my husband when he was not present as well he created rappor with us.
Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses [at CCRM Colorado] were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently. ... The nursing staff was great! Everything from the front to back end was efficient and smooth. I found the lab technicians and nurses all to be up beat and compassionate.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask all of your questions and be sure to be clear of your options before starting.
I was administered oral and injections for my stimulation medication. All resulted in a great outcome during the stimulation. I did need to stun for a few extra days but we did retrieve more eggs than expected. After finding out in the lab that none of my fertilized eggs matured, the re group determined he would recommend if proceeding the same way, a different medication protocol. Other options were discussed with donor eggs as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. All of our scheduled appointments ran on time and smooth. Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
These were booked first thing in the morning and all appointments were handled quickly and smoothly.
Costs were between 25-35k including meds for IVF, ICSI and genetic testing
Lone Tree

He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
She [nurse at CCRM Colorado] spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
You will not be seeing him often or have him retrieve your eggs. You can save a lot of money be going to a clinic near you because the treatment he will offer is nothing spectacular or special to Ccrm.
He has a very kind and compassionate bedside manner but he was not available at every visit. He was also not involved in my egg retrieval’s. I spoke more to his nurse and I was not at all happy with the care I got from his nurse.
He did mini ivf and then regular ivf with injections. It didn’t work. I recently heard about growth hormone which is supposed to work very well for women with low amh and poor egg quality, which is my situation but that was never offered to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele)
She spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have heard alot about the CCRM lab and that they were the best lab in the country. This is one of the reasons why I went there. And why I was told their prices was worth it. Well unfortunately, I had no results on my embryo. They did not get a good enough sample to send. Now, I have to go through the stress and anxiety of implanting an embryo I have no idea is normal.
If I remember correctly it was about 18-22 thousand a cycle. Depends on whether I was getting PGS testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
It would have been ideal to have gotten information from the nurse about what could help improve ivf outcomes. Any little information is very welcome especially to couples that are desperate to conceive. So many have told me acupuncture and certain vitamins can help. I had a gap of 4 months before starting treatment. Had I started on these vitamins and acupuncture it may have helped the results. It may also not have helped at all but at least I wouldn’t be thinking “what if “ or I wish I tried that.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s [with Dr. Schoolcraft]- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better...I loved that Dr was supportive of us only transplanting 1 embryo. He explained both scenarios - options- very thoroughly...At first bedside manner was lacking- felt cold. By second retrieval he had warmed up and became very positive about our chances and situation.
Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest [at CCRM Colorado]. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Bedside manner needed a little work- didn’t feel special at first- but then he absolutely went above and beyond when I had issues with nursing and finance office as we progressed through treatments. He even gave me his personal cell and reached out intermittently to check in.
Understand that you need to advocate for yourself and be just as blunt as Dr Schoolcraft
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie Patrick)
Nurse originally assigned seemed lost and clueless- treated like number. Then after discussion with Dr Schoolcraft, I was assigned to Tonie Patrick and she was amazing and incredible. Very knowledgeable, professional and compassionate- a real gem.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength- doctors. Knowledge and proven track record. Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
$24 each retrieval/transfer if no insurance- we paid $8k for drugs and $15k for 2 retrieval’s/transfers after insurance claims
Lone Tree

Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward...For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid"...in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We just love Dr. Schoolcraft. He is so trusting because he is blunt. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, which we appreciate. He is very intelligent and has been doing this forever. He is very kind and down to earth. He is very diligent and informative. He also lets you talk and ask all the questions you need to. We have felt very comfortable with him during a process that can be tough.
I would advise them to go to him. Put all your trust in him and CCRM.
Everything from Dr. Schoolcraft was very personal. When he sat in with you on consultation or called for an update he cared. He asked other questions about us as a couple to get to know us. When we had an unfortunate situation, our embryo didn't survive the thawing process, he could not have been more caring. He came to the room to give us condolences but was also very positive for our treatment plan moving forward.
We went to Dr. Schoolcraft after we had tried 3 IUI's and 2 FET with another clinic. So our treatment plan with Dr. Schoolcraft was to start with IVF. He ran a ton of test, blood work, genetic screening for both my husband and I and Embryo testing. He also prescribed me lupron depot to help with endometriosis which we had not done before either. They found my prolactin levels to be high so now I am on medicine to lower those. Our genetic screening for my husband and I both came back normal. Our embryo testing found only one of our 5 embryos the chromosome make up to be normal- so after our retrieval we were left with one day 6 embryo to transfer. Unfortunately that embryo didn't survive the thawing process. Here was my protocol- IVF Retrieval- midluteal Estrogen Patch Priming- Antagonist (protocol 3) Vivelle .1 mg patch every other day , Cetrotide/Ganirelix everyday until notified, menopur 2 vials A.M, 150 units Gonal pm + dexamethasone, add in cetrotid/ganirelixe am, trigger Novarel and lupron. IVF FET - Medication - Depot lupron 3.75 mg one month dose prior to start of transfer calendar, Birth control, Leuprolide acetate 2 week kit, estradiol patches .1 mg, low dose aspirin 81-83 mg, endometrin 100 mg, progesterone in oil 50 mg/ml, medrol/methylprednisolone 16 mg, doxycycline 100 mg Vivelle one patch every other day, lupron 5 units daily + Baby aspirin in crease vivelle to two patches every other day, continue increasing up to 4 patched every other day. Stop Lupron. Add Endometrin pm, medrol 16 mg, and docycline for 4 nights. Increase endometrin to twice a day start progesterone in oil 1ml every other day until transfer. After transfer- do not discontinue any medications that have been previously instructed. Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward. We will start coming up here soon. For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid". We will be getting our calendar soon so then we will get an exact calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura K, RN)
Our nurse Laura is amazing. We cannot say enough about her. She is so organized, detailed, compassionate, gets back to us in a timely manor, and makes us feel so important no matter what. Laura along with every other nursing staff at CCRM is just incredible, hands down the best. They are all so professional, caring, punctual, diligent , we can go on and on. They are the best!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We can really only say great things about Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine. From the second you walk in the door, you feel like you are entering a spa not a medical building filled with doom and gloom. The staff at the front desk is so kind and helpful. They out you in a class to go over EVERYTHING you need to know about CCRM, IVF, IUI whatever you may be there for. In this class genetics are discussed as well. At CCRM they also test and test and test you for everything. it may seem redundant if you have already done it, but they did find things in my blood work no one else had mentioned to me. They have a department for everything, and each department is so punctual. They also offer counseling at CCRM , genetic counseling, embryo testing, acupuncture, and they have one of the best embryology labs in the country. everything is under one roof. The only weakness would be the cost, it is more than most clinics but you are paying for the best!
IVF+ CCS+ FET= $22,181.40 Grand Total not including medicine Meds= about $6,000
Dr. Schoolcraft, in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.

2017 - 2019
For how successful he [Dr. Schoolcraft] is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout.... I also like how organized the clinic [CCRM] is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
For how successful he is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust. I also had a cyst that cycle and looking back, wish I would have waited until it went away, but Schoolcraft said it wasn't an issue. Overall, there is not much I can do with poor egg quality, but Schoolcraft is always willing to keep trying and tinkering with different protocols. He was also present for my one egg transfer.
The one piece of advice is to come prepared with your questions and learn your chart. Ask him if there are different protocols you could try. He also can prescribe supplements, medications, or even trials that he is working on.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout. I also never really had to wait very long for monitoring, which was nice. The staff was also very friendly and prompt with any phone calls I made to the facility.
The first cycle I did a standard protocol antagonist I believe it is called. The second two cycles I did a long lupron protocol. I also added the ova health, CoQ10, and omega 3s to my regime. Although I got less eggs, I did get a normal CCS tested egg (the previous cycle I got two abnormal CCS tested eggs). The transfer was a frozen transfer a few months later. Very standard.
Everyone was very nice. If I had a question, usually someone would respond within a few hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
One major strength is its Lab. I know quite a few people who have come to this clinic and left with a baby. I have cycled in other locations and have gotten zero day 5 normal embryos. At CCRM I have had 4 day 5 embryos, but only one normal. However, due to my low quality that is better than zero. They have to be doing something right in the lab. I also like how organized the clinic is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
With everything you are going to spend around $50,000 with travel expenses per cycle. However, I think for egg retrieval and transfer it was around $25,000 not including meds or outside monitoring.
We only had one normal CCS tested egg so we transferred the only egg.
Denver

[Dr. Schoolcraft] recommends single embryo transfer...He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted...He is direct and very obviously knowledgeable. He specializes in the tough cases and was able to answer my questions. Others have pushed aside my questions and he thouroughly answered me. He let me know that a round of IVF would likely not result in more than one baby and I should accept that, however he thinks he and his clinic can help me get that one.
I enjoyed the clinic [CCRM Colorado]. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared with questions. He does not explain the whole process. If you come prepared he will be a great resource for answers. He is very direct but also compassionate. I’ve heard from other reviews that he is harsh, so when he told me I had a chance I took that. Tour appointment will be only as long as you make it. If you have no questions, your visit will be very short.
Dr. Schoolcraft remembered our phone consult conversation when we met in person. During our appointment he was there for us as long as we needed. He was fully present and did not rush us as we thought of questions. He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted.
I am just about to start priming for my 1st cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft (3rd overall). I am priming with estradiol patches and ganirelix for the first time because I have a low AMH and AFC. My stim protocol will include HGH for 10 days (because I did use HGH my last round), microdose lupron, 150 menopur, 300 follistim, and dexamethasone. I will follow up with the results. This will be my first time using dexamethasone in a stim cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura )
I met the nurse at the one day workup and the rest was brief messages on the patient portal. She did answer any questions I have had.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
Phone consult-$325 One day workup- $3540 Retrieval,IVF,CCS,Transfer-$24458
The doctor recommends single embryo transfer and I agree. I’m a small person and twins would be very dangerous. also, CCRM does assisted hatching which slightly increases chance of identical twins
Lone Tree

Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before....He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach....He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH.
My experience with the clinic [CCRM] has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person.... There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before. We learned more from him in our consultation than we had from our two previous fertility doctors combined. He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach. My only complaint is that he can sometimes put the decisions on me when I need him to guide me as he is the expert. When this happens, I have to ask my nurse to push him for his recommendation. I also have to advocate for myself. I brought up this calcium solution for my embryos and we ended up using it and it was extremely helpful. That was not something that he mentioned to me, but I had heard about it from a Imfertility support group and asked him about it. I have to make sure to have my questions planned out when I see him because he typically expects me to lead the conversation. He is fairly quiet and our meetings are me asking questions and him giving answers.
That you should have all of your questions prepared when you see him so you can get the most out of your time with him.
Everyone in his office was genuine, friendly, knowledgable and caring. We were never made to feel bad for asking questions and we never felt rushed. We were given the opportunity to meet with Dr. Schoolcraft every step of the process for IVF.
So far, I have done one IVF cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft.He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH. He also recommended a clinical trial for me to take an açai supplement three times a day for three months prior to my IVF cycle to help improve egg quality and quantity. I did a priming cycle with estrogen prior to my IVF cycle. My actual IVF cycle consisted of menopur in the morning and gonal f, chlomid and Dexamethasone in the evening for two and a half weeks. When my egg retrieval was closer, I started on certotide once daily in the morning as well. I had 11 resting follicles at the time of my work up in December, but only four follicles in March when I started my IVF cycle. Three of the follicles grew and they were able to get two eggs from my egg retrieval. One egg was mature and the other one matured the next day. Both fertilized normally and amazingly, we got one PGS normal embryo from the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
My nurse has been very good about getting back to me quickly with answers, making sure I have all the information I need and collaborating with the doctor when needed. She made a couple of logistical errors by sending orders to the wrong local fertility clinic and sending the wrong prescriptions to the pharmacy. I had to go back and have her fix her mistakes a couple of times at the beginning of my cycle, but she has been wonderful ever since. She leaves me detailed voicemails and emails answering my questions which is very nice. She has never made me feel bad about asking a lot of questions unlike my previous nurses. She is not the most compassionate person but she’s good at her job and that’s what matters most to me. Every person that I have come in contact with at that fertility center has been warm, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. It is a well-oiled machine over there and their lab is truly amazing.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My experience with the clinic has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person. Every person I have come into contact with there has been extremely helpful and caring. Even the ultrasound techs go above and beyond by explaining every step of the ultrasound and everything you’re looking at. That has been extremely comforting to me as I like to know as much information as possible. Before you leave an appointment they always make sure you meet with your nurse to go over results and next steps and order any prescriptions you may need. At my initial consultation, they included a meeting with a genetic counselor and a psychologist who specializes in fertility. They have everyone in the same building and working for the same cause. Their lab is also state of the art and people come from all over the world to have treatment there. They are great at working with patients out of state like me.
The cost of our IVF cycle was more expensive than at our previous two fertility centers. The IVF cycle in total cost around 26,000 not including medications. I did not qualify for a bundle package with a refund if we were not successful, because I have had failed IVF attempts previously.
I have told my doctor that I am only comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer and he agrees that given my health situation, that is probably the best way to go for me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders. Another time she sent my blood work and ultrasound orders to the wrong fertility clinic. Another time she did not send the orders to the fertility clinic and when I got there they wouldn’t see me for my appointment. Since then, I make sure to get a copy of the order every time just in case the clinic does not receive their fax. I do some of my visits at my local fertility center and then I go to Denver, Colorado for the couple of weeks leading up to my egg retrieval.
Lone Tree

He seems to be specialized in women 40 and over. He gives your options and explained everything in detail. He was very candid with his opinion and easy to talk to. ... I have a low reserve and my previous Dr had me taking 7 shots a day - very aggressive treatment. Dr Schoolcraft has suggested a different treatment, a little less aggressive particularly because of my low reserve. We’re trying to get quality and not quantity at this stage.
They [CCRM Colorado] are very organized and the facility makes you meet with pretty much every department, from finance to a Psychologist. They even provide Accupuncture if needed! They are really thorough in evaluating you and your partners health. They give you a lot of information that you can take home and resources on their site and in the portal
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He seems to be specialized in women 40 and over. He gives your options and explained everything in detail. He was very candid with his opinion and easy to talk to. He was very knowledgeable and really took the time to go through results and give us options. My partner and I felt way more confident compared to the 2 other Drs we’ve seen in the past.
Don’t waste your time with other doctors, see Schoolcraft! Be ready for a very thorough consult and you will also probably learn something new.
The initial consult was very thorough and they did way more testing than any other facility.
We haven’t started yet, but his recommendation is very different to other Drs. I have a low reserve and my previous Dr had me taking 7 shots a day - very aggressive treatment. Dr Schoolcraft has suggested a different treatment, a little less aggressive particularly because of my low reserve. We’re trying to get quality and not quantity at this stage. He’s had some great results in the past with this type of treatment. I haven’t started my treatment yet, but I’m looking forward to it, I have a really good feeling!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele )
She is wonderful, friendly and gets back to you very quickly - particular through the portal email systems.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very organized and the facility makes you meet with pretty much every department, from finance to a Psychologist. They even provide Accupuncture if needed! They are really thorough in evaluating you and your partners health. They give you a lot of information that you can take home and resources on their site and in the portal.
We’ve met our deductible and out of pocket and our estimate for payments outside of insurance was approximately $7k
I believe her prefers to do single as more than one can become a higher risk pregnancy. However, he has done multiple in the past.

2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. ... Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1. ... Added hgh, dexamethasone, and clomid to normal follistim/menopur/cetrotide in order to improve egg maturation and quality. Got 10 eggs as opposed to 5 6 months earlier. Tweaking next cycle in order to address aneupoloidy (sp)?
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff [CCRM Colorado] and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses ... [nurse] Knows her stuff, honest with me, provides advice, and very friendly and compassionate. Never feel rushed and always responds to emails and phone calls promptly
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. In Illinois where I live, clinics often use the insurance mandate for 4 cycles as an atm machine and will go forward whether or not a patient is a candidate for ivf. Schoolcraft absolutely does not.
Request Michelle as your nurse! Also come up with questions ahead of time.
First time out for one day work up my nurse met with me for close to 3 hours. Clinic provides an hour orientation explaining the whole process and how the clinic works. Was able to meet with Schoolcraft (who is very in demand) for about 30 minutes each when in Denver for one day work up (ODWU) and for retrieval. He also personally performed several of the necessary testing procedures and I’ve had several scheduled regroup phone calls since I live out of state. Have had the same nurse the entire time and she has been wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses
Approximately $25k for bundled package including monitoring, retrieval, CCS testing, 1 transfer, all necessary regroups with doctor. Approximately $4k for one day work up
Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I should say that our phone consult and our direct meetings with him [Dr. Schoolcraft] during our 1 day workup wasn’t the most pleasant experience as he is someone who is known to be blunt and he keeps your expectations low. ... Dr S told us that we only have a 15% shot if we try another round of IVF with own eggs and a 40% chance if we go the IVM route.
Nurse Erin showed gr8 compassion and she was very organized and communicated the results to us soon as she receives them and she goes in great length explaining them. We also loved nurse Amy who helped us during our u/s and stims ... You gotta have deep pockets to get treatment at this facility [CCRM Colorado] if you dont have infertility coverage but hey you get what you pay for. I had 5 IVF failures at a local clinic and then come to CCRM and they only took one cycle to get me pregnant
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
As someone who struggled through infertility for a long time and at the age of 39 having gone through 8 IUI’s and 5 IVF cycles elsewhere without success we were looking for any small hope that we could hold onto. My husband found this doctor and the name CCRM and Dr Schoolcraft kept showing up on numerous forums . We immediately thought this is the place that could turn our fortunes and we called CCRM the next day for an appt with Dr Schoolcraft . To our pleasant surprise they setup a phone consult with Dr school craft within a month. I should say that our phone consult and our direct meetings with him during our 1 day workup wasn’t the most pleasant experience as he is someone who is known to be blunt and he keeps your expectations low. I remember the day when me and my husband came out to the parking lot in lone tree and we almost cried after Dr S told us that we only have a 15% shot if we try another round of IVF with own eggs and a 40% chance if we go the IVM route. During the next followup consult we asked for one opportunity to try conventional IVF and then try IVM if it doesn’t work. We ended up doing IVF but with very minimum stim almost identical to IVM. Without going into any further details I would say the hospital, doctor and nurses were phenomenal in every step of the way and a special shoutout to nurse Erin and nurse Amy. Fast forward to today, I am 21 weeks pregnant right now with the first embryo transferred with my baby boy and another perfect CCS tested embryo waiting in lonetree CO. I just went for my level 2 U/S today and everything looked perfect with the baby and I am writing this review with happy tears while my husband holds a glass of scotch. Anyone who are in their late 30’s and think they are doomed with infertility pls don’t walk just run to this place and I hope CCRM can turn your dream become a reality just like they did ours.
The one thing I would say is, when Dr S gives you a conservative estimate of chances I would think the chances are much more than the estimate given as my experience was such. So I would advice that you definitely persist with this doctor and he is the best at this business
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is the best at treating infertility and they have one of the best labs in the world. You gotta have deep pockets to get treatment at this facility if you dont have infertility coverage but hey you get what you pay for. I had 5 IVF failures at a local clinic and then come to CCRM and they only took one cycle to get me pregnant
since I had infertility coverage I only paid my deductable, my one day workup costs and CCS testing. They added up to 15K roughly
Lone Tree

with [Dr. Schoolcraft's] specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process...He could be harsh with his words but honesty is what you need while going through this process. He's an achiever, not a sweet talker and you just need to trust his medical opinion. My previous doctor wasted three years of my life because he was too nice to me, and cared about my feelings than examining the root of my problem. Personally, I thought he was warm and caring.
[CCRM Colorado was] Excellent and very well organized. You feel really welcomed as soon as you walk in through the door. The nurse staff upstairs are also very wonderful and it was a pleasure every time. No complaints what so ever...never felt like a number...I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is just fantastic at what he does. He's honest, very direct but compassionate and most importantly, he wants results as much as you do. I loved his confidence, his expertise and I just knew I was in good hands with him. He saved me from transferring mosaic embryo at another clinic, and with his specific protocol and treatment, I was able to achieve what I wanted in just one cycle with him. He called me when it was necessary and was always available to answer any questions. I was really pleased with him, and I definitely recommend him to anyone who's going through this process.
I was truly cared for and looked after everytime I went in for an appointment. I never felt rushed and they sincerely cared about my case. It was my own time with the nurse or the Dr. which made me feel very comfortable. I definitely noticed the differene in care because with my last clinic, I used to walk in and see 20-30 other women just waiting to be called in, always felt ushed in and out just like a factory. Not the same at CCRM, never felt like a number.
I had two failed IVF cycles at another clinic so Dr. Schoolcraft suggested I try acai berry supplements. I bought them directly from the CCRM. I highly recommend them!!! I took them for three months before starting the cycle. My protocol included Gonal f, Follistim and Clomid and meds were taken in the morning and the evening. I always gave up all caffeine and alcohol and it made a big difference in results. I also did acupuncture twice a week for at least 4 months before my cycle. Make sure you ask for acupuncture on your transfer day as well. Just to give you an idea. My previous doctor retrieved 7 eggs in the first cycle and 6 eggs in the second one. Following Dr. Schoolcraft's instructions and protocol, he able to retrieve 19!!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie )
All staff members and nurses were very professional and I was so pleased with the level of care.
25k for one cycle.
He recommended we transfer two pgs tested embryos and now I'm 14 weeks pregnant with twins. He said it was my decision but I just went with what he recommended.
Lone Tree

Some may not like how candid he [Dr. Schoolcraft] could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab. ... On paper we looked good, but he was clear that only going through the process could tell for sure. He answered all my questions and explained things to my husband
Its [CCRM] big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. ... Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same ... Michele [nurse] is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. ...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Some may not like how candid he could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab.
Go see him, be honest with what you want, then listen to what he has to say.
Since everything looked good we started with a basic protocol. And I developed a ton of follicles turns out they were not good quality in the end. But when I said I wanted to do another round to get more embryos he said we could be ok with the 2 we had but could see the benefit to another round. He didn't change anything for the 2nd round because I produced so many follicles and could have overstimulated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michele is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. I saw a bunch of people when you have to go in so much but I always felt they were on top of things and knew about me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Its big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. But the employees are awesome, also Lone Tree is really far away from my home and work. I-25 sucks to drive every day in rush hour
Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same
He will be doing a eset when we go to that point. Because of my age.
Lone Tree

He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes...He had to keep looking at my chart and asking his nurses for my name. He didn't care to ask about my journey or where I wanted to go as far as treatment. He immediately jumped into IVF is the only way and I don't think it's worth taking time to try Letrozole or anything else if Clomid didn't work. He had horrific bedside manner and spoke about the cost and about percentages I might have. Rarely looked me in the eyes while speaking.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic [CCRM Colorado]. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this...The nursing staff was rushed as well. There were w few who were nice but over all it was as if you had a number on your face and they look right through you...I had to call the clinic several times to get results back. Also a nurse gave us results out in a hallway in front of other staff and patients.
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment I sat down in his office he was rushed. He walked in and "sized me up." Took barely 10 minutes to tell me that he only thought I had once chance. He is extremely cold and has no warm bedside manners. He didn't even think to check out my husband and made me feel as if our difficulty conceiving was entirely my fault, come to find out later by another doctor my husband has male factors as well. While he may have "paved the way" with his flagship office in Colorado and done wonders with Stars he's not a doctor for the people.
Don't waste your time unless you have tons of money because that's all he really cares about.
He had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this. They have multiple locations around the nation and have doctors there who are very interested in helping same-sex couples but most don't speak about heterosexual couples that they help. In fact most of their bios state their favorite couples to assist.
Seeing as they insisted that they redo multiple test the cost is astronomical. I wasted so much on them I regret it and has made things more stressful because of it

5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
he [Dr. William Schoolcraft] treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well...is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him...Be ready to advocate for yourself and stay on top of your treatment. And, hope you have a good nurse as she will be the person that you communicate with the most. And, she has to feel comfortable with Dr. Schoolcraft as she is the one who talks to him for you.
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome [at CCRM Colorado]. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to...It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional.
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is excellent at what he does. He is very direct and straightforward, which we appreciated. We did not want to waste anytime. If you are looking for more hand holding, you may have a harder time with him.
There's no real hand holding at this clinic due to it's size, so you really have to advocate for yourself and hope that you get a good nurse! When you are with the Doctor, however, he treats you like an individual patient and knows your case well.
We did two egg retrievals that were pretty heavy duty since I was a slow responder. I felt everything we did was logical and I understood each step of the protocol. My cycles went much longer than most other woman's cycles, but he was willing to adjust things for me. I retrieved the same amount of eggs with my cycles here as at my home town clinic, the difference really was the lab.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
We had one nurse that wasn't so great, but then had a few others that were awesome. The only problem was that we kept having new nurses with each cycle. I would say the donor nurses for our surrogacy were the best ones by far. Again, be ready to advocate for yourself and change nurses if you need to. It's very important to have a fantastic nurse.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's big, so that's a weakness if you expect hand holding. But, it's state of the art, very clean, and very functional. They are pros and know what they're doing! The lab is really the reason to go here!
I really don't remember. Maybe with drugs included it was $15-$20,000 per cycle, but we did not due the family package which would have been cheaper.
I felt like they had this baked into a gridline formula. They had a solid recommendation, but would do whatever we wanted within safety and reason.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
We just had one incident where I was told I wouldn't need a certain drug, and then at the last minute found out that we did. The pharmacies were closed and I need it immediately. We ended up getting the drug, but it was highly stressful.
Lone Tree

He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man.
From the very beginning, the clinic [CCRM Colorado] was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
European, Latino
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is smart, sharp, and compulsive. I trust him in every sense with my fertility. He is on top of it and caught things that my previous doctor did not. He is very thorough and explains things in a manner that made much sense to me. I am an advocate for his expertise and knowledge on fertility. He likes challenging cases and he is a very confident man. I didn't need a good bedside manner doctor, I wanted to have a doctor who has proven success and is a leader in his field in which he specializes. I will recommend Dr. Schoolcraft to anyone who goes through this process. A+++
let go of the need for a friendly, bedside manner doctor and get a professional who is sharp and brutally honest. He will get you there sooner. He finds the root of the issue quickly compared to my previous doctor.
From the very beginning, the clinic was well organized and run extremely professional. It was methodical and practical in their approach. I was very informed, educated, and was able to ask any questions as needed. I was also assigned to one nurse who stuck with me the whole way through and who I continue to communicate with even though I have "graduated." I was very pleased with my experience and care at CCRM.
I dont recall all of the meds
Love love love my nurse Erin! She was fabulous! I still communicate with her. Wonderful care and always returned a call or email in a timely manner
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
organized,scheduled,friendly,all good aspects to comment on. They made sure my needs were met the minute I walked in the door. The clinic was always clean and the nurses and staff were very helpful
Very similar to other costs of other clinics. We were out of state patients so we had to pay for flights and lodging
He recommended we transfer 2 and we were not opposed to that idea so we transferred 2 and I am currently 16.5 weeks pregnant with twins

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Morgan [a nurse at CCRM] was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.... Very exepensive and out of network for us. They have a lot of out of town patients.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. He is the best doctor there is an has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Definitely start with him or another doctor at CCRM Lone Tree (the other CCRM's are not under him so only travel to Lone Tree - we live in Chicago but traveled there - it is more doable than it seems, and they are set up for that.) Don't go anywhere else first because I feel CCRM has the best technology and the best lab.
Dr. Schoolcraft is extremely intelligent and talented. We found him because of the amazing book he wrote and all the other IVF books out there that talk about CCRM. He is the best doctor there is and has created the best lab and clinic. The only negative is that he is a little blunt. I guess it is good that he doesn't sugar-coat anything - I'd definitely rather have that - but a warmer bedside manner would be my personal preference. That being said, after trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
Menopur, Gonal-F, Lupron, Medrol, omnitrope (a growth hormone)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Morgan was great. She was on top of things and easily reachable. There was one thing that set us back that she didn't inform us of though. It was in the fine print of my calendar and made me realize I have to read everything with a ton of detail and not rely on a nurse to verbally tell me. Otherwise, she was the best.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
After trying 3 clinics, I wouldn't go anywhere except CCRM. They are just leagues ahead of other IVF clinics in the U.S. My nurse was fantastic, and she was the person I had the most contact with. We had a much better outcome here so far and are now in the 2 week waiting period until a pregnancy test.
We CCS tested and only had 2 chromosomally normal embryo so that's all we could transfer

1 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
We had failed other IVFs and IUI back home. ... The doctor [Dr. Schoolcraft] was able to review my medical records, do a full work up on his clinic and discussed with us alternatives and probabilities. We liked that he was very thorough in his assessment, leaving nothing out. He covered all bases of anything that could go wrong as much as he could. ... He was very confident while compassionate and that made the difference. We felt secure under his care.
My husband and I agree that the clinic was clean, organized, professional. No regrets. It felt warm to be there. All staff seemed knowledgeable and very professional. Well organized. Appointments were on time as scheduled. Great time management across all departments. ... Easy to work with Finance Department. Costs paid at clinic included treatment and labs. Prescriptions were arranged thru a fertility pharmacy and were easy to work with as well.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Doctor made us feel like we had gone to the right place. He was very confident while compassionate and that made the difference. We felt secure under his care. We trusted him along the process and were able to clarify all our doubts. We didn’t get to see him on every visit but we felt he was doing the right things at all times.
Dont hesitate to have a consult with Dr Schoolcraft. He knows what he is doing.
Dr Schoolcraft seemed very knowledgeable and confident of treatment since first consult. He discussed with great professionalism our case being straightforward but warm and considerate.
We had failed other IVFs and IUI back home. We went to This clinic as our last hope. The doctor was able to review my medical records, do a full work up on his clinic and discussed with us alternatives and probabilities. We liked that he was very thorough in his assessment, leaving nothing out. He covered all bases of anything that could go wrong as much as he could.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Nurse was a very important part of my treatment. She was excellent and also very compassionate.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Although treatments here are probably more expensive than other clinics, they were totally worth it. Easy to work with Finance Department. Costs paid at clinic included treatment and labs. Prescriptions were arranged thru a fertility pharmacy and were easy to work with as well.
We as a team discussed our own situation and probabilities and made an informed decision about multi embryo transferred.
Lone Tree
Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area.... I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process.... CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area. Dr Schoolcraft is very upfront and blunt and it took me a little while to get used to his style. While this was shocking at first, it was good in the sense that I knew my chances upfront and I did not go in with false expectations. Dr Schoolcraft was open to trying different protocols and seeing which ones would give me the best results. Dr Schoolcraft always answered all of my questions thoroughly and I never felt rushed. Also, Dr. Schoolcraft seemed to always run on time for appointments which is nice. Overall, I think Dr. Schoolcraft is a very knowledgeable, great Doctor.
I suggest for everyone to be their own advocate and understand your protocols and options, no matter who your doctor or clinic is.
At times, I felt as if the clinic is so busy and there are so many people in and out that I was just a number. I think in this process everyone has to learn to be their own advocate. There were a lot of protocols/options I learned from my own research that I had to ask the doctor about. I felt as if I should have been educated on all available processes/protocols in the beginning instead of finding out about them online and having to go back and ask about them. On the contrary, CCRM has a set process that you follow and it is very evident that they follow the process very well. All of the staff at CCRM are very well trained and the facility is top notch. They go above and beyond by having therapists on site for patients to speak to and they even hold support group meetings. They offer acupuncture before and after treatment, which I have not heard of at any other center. Overall, they are very advanced.
I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders. From the very beginning, I knew with my day 3 numbers I would not produce a lot eggs since I did not have many baseline follicles. With both protocols I responded how they expected, I never produce a lot of eggs or embryos unfortunately with DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process. If your nurse has the day off or they are out of the office there is a dedicated nursing line you call into. Usually, you have to leave a message but someone calls you back quite quickly. I have had to call in several times to ask questions on meds or had other random questions and I was always called back right away.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3 times to make sure they have the right person. The fact that all patients get an assigned nurse is definitely a plus, this way you have someone who is your contact that you get to know since it is such an emotional process. The only thing I will say is do not expect a lot of facetime with the doctor, most of your communication will be with the nurse.
This clinic is definitely expensive, but they are upfront about their cost which are also listed on their website.
I have been told they are open to single embryo transfer, or transferring 2 embryos. We have not transferred yet.