4.8

William Schoolcraft works at

10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
She [nurse at CCRM Colorado] spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
You will not be seeing him often or have him retrieve your eggs. You can save a lot of money be going to a clinic near you because the treatment he will offer is nothing spectacular or special to Ccrm.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He has a very kind and compassionate bedside manner but he was not available at every visit. He was also not involved in my egg retrieval’s. I spoke more to his nurse and I was not at all happy with the care I got from his nurse.
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
He did mini ivf and then regular ivf with injections. It didn’t work. I recently heard about growth hormone which is supposed to work very well for women with low amh and poor egg quality, which is my situation but that was never offered to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele)
She spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have heard alot about the CCRM lab and that they were the best lab in the country. This is one of the reasons why I went there. And why I was told their prices was worth it. Well unfortunately, I had no results on my embryo. They did not get a good enough sample to send. Now, I have to go through the stress and anxiety of implanting an embryo I have no idea is normal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
If I remember correctly it was about 18-22 thousand a cycle. Depends on whether I was getting PGS testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
It would have been ideal to have gotten information from the nurse about what could help improve ivf outcomes. Any little information is very welcome especially to couples that are desperate to conceive. So many have told me acupuncture and certain vitamins can help. I had a gap of 4 months before starting treatment. Had I started on these vitamins and acupuncture it may have helped the results. It may also not have helped at all but at least I wouldn’t be thinking “what if “ or I wish I tried that.

Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes...He had to keep looking at my chart and asking his nurses for my name. He didn't care to ask about my journey or where I wanted to go as far as treatment. He immediately jumped into IVF is the only way and I don't think it's worth taking time to try Letrozole or anything else if Clomid didn't work. He had horrific bedside manner and spoke about the cost and about percentages I might have. Rarely looked me in the eyes while speaking.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic [CCRM Colorado]. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this...The nursing staff was rushed as well. There were w few who were nice but over all it was as if you had a number on your face and they look right through you...I had to call the clinic several times to get results back. Also a nurse gave us results out in a hallway in front of other staff and patients.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
From the moment I sat down in his office he was rushed. He walked in and "sized me up." Took barely 10 minutes to tell me that he only thought I had once chance. He is extremely cold and has no warm bedside manners. He didn't even think to check out my husband and made me feel as if our difficulty conceiving was entirely my fault, come to find out later by another doctor my husband has male factors as well. While he may have "paved the way" with his flagship office in Colorado and done wonders with Stars he's not a doctor for the people.
Don't waste your time unless you have tons of money because that's all he really cares about.
He had no strategy and even though I begged him to try another way before IVF he wouldn't. He also made me retake numerous exams that I already had which cost us a ridiculous amount of money to be told the same thing. I resulted in no pregnancies and left his clinic because he wasn't open to listening to my wishes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
There's no love or support or good vibes in this clinic. It's very cold and lifeless which when you're trying to bring new life into the world it should be like this. They have multiple locations around the nation and have doctors there who are very interested in helping same-sex couples but most don't speak about heterosexual couples that they help. In fact most of their bios state their favorite couples to assist.
Seeing as they insisted that they redo multiple test the cost is astronomical. I wasted so much on them I regret it and has made things more stressful because of it
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
Treated 2016 - 2017
I'm not sure what his [Dr. William Schoolcraft] strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers...I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be.
My nurse [at CCRM - Denver]suddenly had a family emergency for a week while I was waiting for HSG results and my IVF protocol and calendar. I was disappointed another nurse did not step in as we were in a time crunch...My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation...Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I'm not sure what his strengths are as we're currently in treatment, weakness is probably compassion/lack of emotion. I don't need emotion but I know some people do. He also isn't a big talker and people need to bring questions to him to get answers.
Ask any and all questions, be prepared, do research to be able to have questions.
I had my diagnosis of endometriosis prior to coming to CcRM. We tried 3 IUI's, all failed, and every time I ovulated too quickly. They didn't seem to try anything outside of their typical protocol and my 3rd iui was canceled due to missing ovulation. Now that we're moving on to IVF, I asked Dr schoolcraft why he chose my protocol and he said "bc it will give you your best chance of success." While that's an obvious reason to choose a protocol, I'd like to know WHY he's chosen this particular one and what they expect the results or process to be. My nurse has been the main reason I feel like a number, every time I speak to her in person or over the phone, she asks me to remind her of our situation. Once, she told me 10 minutes of someone else's health issues before I realized she wasn't talking about me. We're local to CCRM and I've heard they're great so I'm trying to look past all of this.
1 iui with clomid and ovudril, switched to letrozole no trigger for last 2 IUI's. Clomid increased my cramping due to 4 follicles growing, letrozole gave me 1 follicle each time but sped up ovulation. Just received IVF protocol, priming with Doxycycline, cetrotide, estrogen patches. Stimming with cetrotide, gonal-f, menopur, and triggering with pregnyl and Lupron. No reasons were really given for any of them other than they should be successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
Staff is great but my nurse has been difficult to work with. She's unorganized, usually uninformed and somewhat checked out. I've met other great nurses but haven't asked to be switched since I don't want to ruffle any feathers.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have no complaints. Their strengths are being organized, usually getting early to an appointment means I'm in and out earlier than expected. Everyone's helpful and the facility is clean.
So far we've spent about 15,000 in IUI's and testing. IVF with icsi will be 34,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
My nurse suddenly had a family emergency for a week while I was waiting for HSG results and my IVF protocol and calendar. I was disappointed another nurse did not step in as we were in a time crunch.
Treated 2017
Dr. Schoolcraft is very practical and matter of fact. He does not sugar coat things. You need to ask questions otherwise the conversation will be brief. The scenario he expected for us was far different than the outcome we received....Don't expect him to be God. He is top in his field but that doesn't mean it works for everyone....CCRM has very set protocols. They fit you into a box and apply that protocol to you. They don't adjust the protocol to fit the needs of the patient.
The clinic is like a factory. Supposedly there lab is top notch but it didn't work in our favor. You need to stay on top of the business office and your paperwork. They chaMy primary nurse was amazing. That said when I was in Denver I only saw her twice as she wasn't working the other days I was there. I saw quite a few of the other nurses. They were all ok. Some were very practical others more compassionate. There were some issues dealing with all the paperwork and the business office.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
CCRM has 6 protocols, the 6th being the strongest, which I was on. Clomid and dexamethone at night. 2 vials menopur in the morning, 300 Follistim at night. Cetrotide when my LH reached 25. Trigger with pregnyl and two doses of lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Pick)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is like a factory. Supposedly there lab is top notch but it didn't work in our favor. You need to stay on top of the business office and your paperwork. They changed their practices regarding paperwork 3 times when we were there and we kept having to resign the same forms.
It was about 35k total. About 25k for IVF, $6500 for meds and $3300 for one day work up.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
They didn't call us until 5pm on the night we needed to trigger to tell us that we needed to trigger. The nurse that morning didn't think we were going to trigger that night so sent us to the pharmacy to pick up more meds. I also wasn't monitored daily and my LH rose in 2 days. They should have had me start cetrotide earlier.
Treated 2016 - 2017
I only spoke to him [Dr. Schoolcraft] one time at the initial workup. He had read my chart and was familiar with my case. He was confident (turns out overly) that he could help. I had lots of questions about med levels and he was totally dismissive of mini stim and immuno protocol.... He put me on the highest dose of everything which i think is his general approach to all stims. I was on 150 meno, 375 follistim, 100 clomid, a steroid i can’t remember which though, and ganirelix. It was by a long shot the heaviest dose of stims i did and it produced the worst results of all 7 stim cycles i did.
I do not recommend this clinic [CCRM] to anyone over the age of 35. I do think that if you had one failed cycle in a possibly smaller local clinic and you want to try one of the big guns in the country it could be worth it. They did not take my insurance and it was by far the most expensive cycle I did.... There is a corporate feel to the clinic and absolutely no flexibility in terms of individual plans. The vast, vast majority of people are doing the exact same protocol regardless of individuality because the prevailing methodology is more drugs equals better results
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I only spoke to him one time at the initial workup. He had read my chart and was familiar with my case. He was confident (turns out overly) that he could help. I had lots of questions about med levels and he was totally dismissive of mini stim and immuno protocol. The rest of the time I dealt with his nurse, Sarah, who was efficient and nice. I had very little conversation with schoolcraft until after the cycle ultimately failed and we had a follow up call.
Don’t be intimidated by his reputation. Don’t be overly emotional or expect him to dry your tears. Come in with your questions prepared and dont ask for any immuno protocol.
I knew ahead of time that his bedside manner is considered brusque. I found him straightforward and direct. he happened to be quite wrong in what he told me he thought would be my outcome which pissed me off after the fact, but he spoke to me as a person.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was super organized and dealt with all the details efficiently.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I do not recommend this clinic to anyone over the age of 35. I do think that if you had one failed cycle in a possibly smaller local clinic and you want to try one of the big guns in the country it could be worth it. They did not take my insurance and it was by far the most expensive cycle I did. They have totally jumped the shark in terms of believing their own publicity and are completely rigid in terms of how they approach the medicine of reproduction. There is a corporate feel to the clinic and absolutely no flexibility in terms of individual plans. The vast, vast majority of people are doing the exact same protocol regardless of individuality because the prevailing methodology is more drugs equals better results. You must do pgs testing. they will not even consider day 3 freeze. They will not ever do a fresh transfer. They will not consider immuno supports- schoolcraft actuall called it pseudo- science to my face when I asked due to my history of RPL. Meanwhile more and more papers on the specific useful immuno treatments are being released. i think if you are under the age of 35 and do NOT have diagnosed DOR, and have never had a failed cycle, their conservative approach could work for you.
All in over 40K out of pocket.
never made it to transfer because they all died on day 4- which is what always happened. This was particularly bad because they got 14 eggs and only 4 were mature. They insist on growing to day 5 and so the 4 died.

Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. Schoolcraft failed to consider alternative therapies after multiple failed attempts - simply said try again, and charged for every test even when he personally said he wouldn't... Dr. Schoolcraft is a scientist and a businessman. He is good at creating a highly functioning lab, but terrible with patients. He failed to diagnose a very simple uterine condition that was spotted by two other fertility clinics. He is a terrible communicator - would prefer to keep patients in the dark. It feels as if he assumes that we are all of lesser intelligence and can't handle the information. In addition, he never spent the time to adjust therapies for better outcomes, nor offer vitamin supplement regimens even after the second failed retrieval attempt.
It's [CCRM] an embryo factory. The lab is what is well known but frankly even they're not perfect...Calling to reach anyone at that office was like going through a maze - direct lines were not released, and rarely did the person on the other end know anything about your history or condition when answering questions. Going through the office felt like going through a cow line at a milking facility.... I don't have anything good to say about CCRM....It varied widely on the nurse. Some were organized but had no compassion, others the opposite. In either case, they were all overworked and puppets of the doc, so that even when they might have done the right thing, they were unable to act. Most were so busy that they couldn't keep on top of their case loads.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Go somewhere else. Do not listen to the hype. He has built himself a phenomenal industry but he is not a proficient doctor.
Dr. Schoolcraft failed to consider alternative therapies after multiple failed attempts - simply said try again, and charged for every test even when he personally said he wouldn't (some of his other doctors consider the patient). Calling to reach anyone at that office was like going through a maze - direct lines were not released, and rarely did the person on the other end know anything about your history or condition when answering questions. Going through the office felt like going through a cow line at a milking facility.
I was on a standard protocol (I believe #3 at CCRM) I am happy to find it if you would like to reach me directly. I have all information stored on all treatments. He did not alter the protocol despite same outcomes - tons of eggs, all chromosomally abnormal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: I had several over the course of my time there.)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It's an embryo factory. The lab is what is well known but frankly even they're not perfect. They had to explain to me once why 50% of my eggs didn't survive a thaw, and didn't know why. If your problem is anything other than standard, they will not be able to treat you - that holds true for all doctors there, as they are obligated to toe the line. They will perform tests in house so that your insurance can't pay for them, and you have to pay $100's for a test that insurance would have covered. I don't have anything good to say about CCRM.
About $35 - $40K per attempt with my own eggs x 2 = $75K
He preferred to implant no more than 2.
Treated 2014 - 2015
Dr. Schoolcraft is clearly a very educated physician. He is very professional but lacks in the area of compassion... In the end, there is no need to go all the way to Colorado to pay double the price without the outcome.
CCRM is a very busy practice. I am a physician and hoped to be treated as one. In the end, I felt like just a number and a checkbook. Everything there is double the price anywhere else... There is nothing special about traveling all the way to Colorado for fertility treatments unless you live there already. Stay local and pay less.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is clearly a very educated physician. He is very professional but lacks in the area of compassion. We had to use TWO different donor's for my second and third cycle of donor egg IVF and the first resulted in a chemical pregnancy after only ONE egg fertilized of 10 frozen eggs. The second donor cycle I asked for PGS to be performed as this would be my SIXTH IVF, and I was told it did NOT need to be done. I ended up with a 13 week Down's syndrome baby that I miscarried, required a d&e for, and hemorrhaged. In the end, there is no need to go all the way to Colorado to pay double the price without the outcome.
CCRM is a very busy practice. I am a physician and hoped to be treated as one. In the end, I felt like just a number and a checkbook. Everything there is double the price anywhere else. There was ONE nurse who I worked with who was compassionate and warm, the rest treated you like a number. In the end, because we complained, I was given special treatment but only because we had had such poor results.
I had already undergone 3 cycles of IVF in my hometown: 2 fresh cycles with my own eggs (neg pregnancy tests), and a third cycle FET with PGS tested normal embryos which resulted in a blighted ovum. I had heard that CCRM was the place for difficult cases so I went there. I underwent a FET after a retrieval of PGS tested normal embryos which resulted in a negative pregnancy test. At that point, it was recommended I either use a donor egg or a surrogate, but I was not given direction as to which was preferred. I chose to use a donor egg. I used a donor who had 10 eggs frozen. When we arrived, only ONE fertilized and was transferred on day 3. I was heartbroken and begged for him to also transfer my last frozen embryo so a day 5 transfer of my embryo was also performed that cycle (double transfer). After a chemical pregnancy, I insisted that since I had the worst donor ever, I was given special consideration. After a long conversation, he stated I could try again with a proven donor from his database for free. She had 16 frozen eggs and we transferred 2 day 5 embryos. I had asked for them to be PGS tested but I was told that was unnecessary. I ended up with a positive NIPT test at 10 weeks for down's and a positive CVS for down's. I then miscarried at 13 weeks. I then left CCRM and returned to my hometown where I am now 30 weeks pregnant after donor egg IVF on my first try.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie was the best. She was compassionate, caring, and helpful. She was the best part of CCRM.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is impressive. It has fancy decor, waterfalls, and high ceilings. But it's like a factory and you never feel like you are treated as a patient but a number.
Almost double the price of any other fertility clinic I have encountered. I paid approximately 42k for my donor cycle and back in my hometown, I was given an amazing donor (who produces over 60 eggs per cycle and has already given 2 other couples babies) and paid a total of 25k total and I'm actually going to end up a mom! Everything is pay first and if you get reimbursed later, then you're lucky. You speak with financial people almost every major visit.

Treated 2013 - 2015
Investor
He's not warm or personal. He's smart, though. He will tell you his opinion, even when it's not helpful (such as telling me that something another doctor told me about was "utter quackery"). He didn't really know me at all. He sees so many patients and I didn't have much of a relationship with him....My 'home' clinic sent information that CCRM interpreted differently, and then blamed my home clinic, which was totally inaccurate. And, I had a biopsy and they never called to tell me it was normal. I had to call them.
Really difficult to get a hold of with lots of phone tag. That changed a bit for the transfer b/c the nurse gave me her direct number, but it still wasn't so great....My 'home' clinic sent information that CCRM interpreted differently, and then blamed my home clinic, which was totally inaccurate. And, I had a biopsy and they never called to tell me it was normal. I had to call them....Difficult to coordinate with and it's like a factory.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don't expect a warm doctor or compassion, but he is intelligent and has a lot of experience
I sent 5 frozen eggs there in 2013 that were retreived and frozen in 2012. One did not defrost successfully. Of those 4, all were ICSIed and 1 fertilized (that was the worst result for all 6 cycles in terms of fertilization percentage, so I don't know if it was b/c the eggs were frozen badly or got damaged during shipment), that one made it to day 5, and was chromosomally normal. I transfered it in 2015 and am pregnant now. Thank I did 2 additional egg retrievals there. One was with ganirelix for 3 days before menses, then a lupron micro-dose every 12 hours for a few days and then adding menopur and 300 fsh/day. The other one was ganirelix for 3 days before menses, then menopur and 300 fsh/day. He tried the lupron micro-dosing but it didn't produce more eggs, so the antagonist was better. We used ICSI and about 75% fertilized each time. I had 2 make it to day 5, but none were chromosomally normal
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Difficult to coordinate with and it's like a factory.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Mostly a lot of people waiting and not very convenient
$75k
Treated 2015
...he [Dr. Schoolcraft] recommended DE to us, his reasoning was I failed to make Blast on 2 previous IVFs. I was 32 and DH 33 at the time. AFC 10-12 . NOT DOR pt. I explained that I am so many eggs left and I am still young and not ready for DE. He said hes willing to try IVM but hes not too hopeful!...I went to CCRM w high hopes. From my initial consult Dr S suggested DE based on my two failed cycles. I explained to him that I'm not ready to give up on my own eggs at 32, my afc is around 10-12 so I do have lots of eggs left I explained that I can do DE at late 30s...
She [nurse atCCRM - Lone Tree] at was very nice and caring.One of the best labs in North America... Amazing Embryologist...IVM protocol, 2 retrieved, Good quality day 3, called the nurse and requested to freeze on Day 3, Dr. S refused saying he wants to push to blast to do CCS testing ( I was 32 at the time). No blast...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I went to CCRM w high hopes. From my initial consult Dr S suggested DE based on my two failed cycles. I explained to him that I'm not ready to give up on my own eggs at 32, my afc is around 10-12 so I do have lots of eggs left I explained that I can do DE at late 30s. He suggested IVM which I wasn't comfortable with since is experimental but the results won't be reported (part of SART) which he's really big on...On day 3 the embryologist called me and said I have good looking day 3 with less than 10% frag and I told him I want to freeze but he said it's not up to him ! I begged my nurse to freeze one on day 3 but she said Dr Slijes to push them to blast and CCS testing is part of my protocol(did I Mention I was 32 w no known genetic problems all tests were normal.) but they get to charge you extra 4K for CCS testing. Once again I went w his recommendation but I should have trusted my gut! On day 6 the embryologist called to said none made it.
on his famous ODWU he recommended DE to us, his reasoning was I failed to make Blast on 2 previous IVFs. I was 32 and DH 33 at the time. AFC 10-12 . NOT DOR pt. I explained that I am so many eggs left and I am still young and not ready for DE. He said hes willing to try IVM but hes not too hopeful!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
She was very nice and caring.
one of the best labs in North America. amazing Embryologist
Treated 2014
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
The experience of being Dr. Schoolcraft’s patient isn’t what might be expected as the patient of an assigned doctor. I had almost no interaction with him outside of a ~15 minute phone call that felt more like a business development get-you-in-the-door call than anything specifically related to my chart or my care. In that meeting he pitched that the CCRM lab would have significantly better results than my previous clinic, but that proved to not be the case. In a much later phone call about starting a second cycle, I spent $250 for the call, which lasted under 5 minutes because he admitted he had not looked my chart and therefore didn’t have much to say.
If you go to Dr. Schoolcraft you must be prepared to have almost zero interaction with him. If you’re lucky you’ll be able to have some strategy conversations with him, but in my experience I spoke with him on the consultation call, and saw him once for a few minutes, but had no interaction with him from that point on (he didn’t do my retrieval, wasn’t there for complications after retrieval, and never did a debrief to discuss the disappointing results of the cycle).
I definitely felt like a number. Even just calling and trying to get ahold of a human on the phone you’ll get that sense -- it was standard to spend 20 minutes on hold just to eventually leave a voice mail message that you hoped would get answered in the next 24 hours. There are some medical facilities that have high volume, but still manage to get you where you need to go quickly (usually to a real human who sees your chart and can answer a question or direct you where you need to go), but this wasn’t the case here. Some of the systems they had in place seemed designed to overlook individuals. For example, before my cycle started my nurse coordinator had a medical issue that meant she wouldn’t be working for the entirety of my cycle. That wouldn’t have been problematic, but the CCRM policy was to not assign a new nurse coordinator, and just let me rely on whichever nurse was around to answer questions. This inevitably meant things fell through the cracks -- I complained and they did give me a new primary nurse, but the fact that it’s set up this way is telling.
Cycle before stimulation, both partners did doxycycline 2x per day for 10 days. Used home ovulation predictor kits, 10 days after LH surge was detected in the kits started Vivelle 0.1 mg patches every other day, Day 11 post LH surge started Cetrotide 0.25 mg until Day 13 after surge. At start of stim cycle, began with 2 vials of Menopur in morning and 300 units Gonal-F + Dexamethasone in evening. Believe dosage was increased significantly but can’t find specifics. Believe trigger was 2500 hCG & 0.8mL of Lupron twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Jill Radke)
I started off with a great nurse, but unfortunately she had a medical issue and had to take a leave. After that I got bounced around to a few different nurses, and eventually ended up having most of my care handled by Jill Radke. The experience was mediocre. I often found it very difficult to get in touch with someone from the nursing staff, which led to concrete issues. For example, a nurse is supposed to call you in the afternoon after testing to give you an updated stimulation protocol. On more than one occasion I had that call not come through, and when I tried to call back I couldn’t reach someone. I eventually would speak with someone after hours who didn’t have access to my electronic medical record from her home, so just told me to inject whatever I injected the night before. Given the amount we were paying and the importance of the cycle, this obviously didn’t feel like good care. During the pre and post operation experience at retrieval I had very bad nursing experiences. There were several issues, a few examples of which: they said they would send me home with antibiotics which they did not, and they sent me home with incorrect discharge instructions that resulted in a later complication. The biggest problem I ran into with the nursing team came post op (I’ll cover it in the clinic experience section).
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They might have a great lab, but if the systems aren’t in place to make sure that patients can smoothly and safely make it through a cycle that’s a big problem. In my experience I found it did not seem that there was real oversight over my case or case management, both from a macro level and at a detailed level. I experienced several issues of clinic disorganization that were not only stressful but had the potential to impact my cycle. A small example was slipping through the cracks and never hearing protocol updates, then not being able to reach someone to give me accurate stimulation protocol information. The biggest issue I encountered was with a post-retrieval complication. I had very severe symptoms and was not seen by a doctor. I was seen by a nurse who did not consult my chart (which would, in retrospect, have given her real clues as to what was going on). They very flippantly treated me as if all women must just be a little crazy post retrieval and didn’t take my concerns seriously, which led to a dangerous situation and eventual hospitalization.
Not including testing and medications (which added up to several thousand dollars), total due to the clinic at the time of starting medications was $22,435. I didn’t realize at the time that this included the fees for a transfer even though we weren’t planning on an immediate transfer. Breakdown: 2014 “IVF cycle package”: $13,480 ICSI: $2,650 PGS chromosomal screening for 4 embryos: $6,875 Anesthesia: $430
I don’t remember having a discussion around eSET.
Treated 2014
Dr. Schoolcraft only took me on if I agreed to PGD (CCS test as they call it at CCRM) all my embryos. Of my 10 embryos, 6 made it to blast and all came back genetically abnormal. Once I got those results, I had to wait 2 weeks to speak Dr. Schoolcraft...I had no good embryos so that meant no transfer...Once I managed to get a phone call from him 2 weeks after the PGD result, he refered me over to the donor egg department.
The nursing staff [at CCRM Colorado] was super professional but they still made a lot of mistakes. Once they give me full dosage Lupron, instead of the micro, once they gave me an egg donors medication by mistake and once they gave me the wrong trigger instructions...The clinic is absolutely beautiful. It's like the Four Seasons of fertility clinics.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I did 4, completed cycles with Dr. Schoolcraft. During the 4 cycles, I saw him twice and he had zero recollection of me or my medical history. Quite honestly I only kept going back because the treatments were a 100% covered by insurance and I loved skiing in Vail during and after the treatments :-) Dr. Schoolcraft only took me on if I agreed to PGD (CCS test as they call it at CCRM) all my embryos. Of my 10 embryos, 6 made it to blast and all came back genetically abnormal. Once I got those results, I had to wait 2 weeks to speak Dr. Schoolcraft. Who does that to a patient who just got such bad news????? They didn't care. I was just a number. I had no good embryos so that meant no transfer and I didn't ruin their statistics. Once I managed to get a phone call from him 2 weeks after the PGD result, he refered me over to the donor egg department. That was it. See ya later! I was too old and I was never going to be beneficial to their statistics.
Do not go to Dr. Schoolcraft if you have less than 20 resting follicles and low AMH.
No one ever remembered me
I started with growth hormones, Lupron micro, followed by menapure, gonal F, ganorelix and trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
The nursing staff was super professional but they still made a lot of mistakes. Once they give me full dosage Lupron, instead of the micro, once they gave me an egg donors medication by mistake and once they gave me the wrong trigger instructions. Luckily I caught all the mistakes in time so I saved all my cycles.
Don't remeber. Was 100% covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
Nurse called in wrong prescription to the pharmacy. Nurse gave me an egg donor's medication
Treated 2015 - 2017
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] had no answers for why we weren’t getting pregnant and didn’t have any desire to try anything different. I requested a test to determine if we were transferring st the right time, which he refused to do. I did that test at a different clinic and we discovered we had been transferring our embryos a full 24 hours too early. Our babies never had a chance and we wouldn’t have known that if we hadn’t left his clinic...he didn’t even take the time to understand that we wanted several kids and how to adjust our protocol because of that information.
Cindy [nurse at CCRM Colorado] was absolutely amazing and I couldn’t have done any of this without her. She clearly cared about me and my desire to start a family. She cried with me when we got negative results. I absolutely adored her...I did outside monitoring since I was out of state...The clinic did a great job educating us on what to expect. They were very organized and had a specific protocol for all new patients to go through to make sure you had received all pertinent information.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is supposed to be one of the best fertility doctors in the world and he charges as such. But he didn’t even take the time to understand that we wanted several kids and how to adjust our protocol because of that information. He had no answers for why we weren’t getting pregnant and didn’t have any desire to try anything different. I requested a test to determine if we were transferring st the right time, which he refused to do. I did that test at a different clinic and we discovered we had been transferring our embryos a full 24 hours too early. Our babies never had a chance and we wouldn’t have known that if we hadn’t left his clinic.
If you don’t get pregnant there right away, consider moving on.
By the end of our time at CCRM, we came to realize that Dr. Schoolcraft seemed to care more about his stats than about me as a person and our desire to have a family. He was happy to see me go to another clinic because I was only going to hurt his statistics.
Cindy was absolutely amazing and I couldn’t have done any of this without her. She clearly cared about me and my desire to start a family. She cried with me when we got negative results. I absolutely adored her.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
I did outside monitoring since I was out of state.
Treated 2015 - 2016
Know that he [Dr. William Schoolcraft] will not be available to you. he is one of the best. he is honest. for us, the percentage of success he gave us was higher and more positive than the actual results. but we'd work with him again. also, he is very against acupuncture. which i don't agree with...This was our 3rd IVF attempt. Dr. Schoolcraft did not want to do a 3rd round, but when i insisted he tailored the treatment with an anti-histamine protocol which resulted in positive results. unfortunately, we had an ectopic pregnancy and uterus pregnancy at the same time and had to have the fallopian tube pregnancy removed when i was 8 weeks pregnant. it all worked out and we are having a baby girl in March of 2017.
[CCRM is] one of the best. billing dept is impossible to get a hold of. great lab. if you don't live in Colorado, a bit of pain....It was very pricey. above $60k when it was all said and done....Since he[Schoolcraft]m is the founder of the clinic he is super busy and in high-demand. he's always at a conference or just not available. the nurse you are assigned to is very available though. you can email or call her everyday and she talks to Dr. Schoolcraft for you, so you do know what's going on. This was our 3rd IVF attempt. Dr. Schoolcraft did not want to do a 3rd round, but when i insisted he tailored the treatment with an anti-histamine protocol which resulted in positive results. unfortunately, we had an ectopi
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Since he is the founder of the clinic he is super busy and in high-demand. he's always at a conference or just not available. the nurse you are assigned to is very available though. you can email or call her everyday and she talks to Dr. Schoolcraft for you, so you do know what's going on. This was our 3rd IVF attempt. Dr. Schoolcraft did not want to do a 3rd round, but when i insisted he tailored the treatment with an anti-histamine protocol which resulted in positive results. unfortunately, we had an ectopic pregnancy and uterus pregnancy at the same time and had to have the fallopian tube pregnancy removed when i was 8 weeks pregnant. it all worked out and we are having a baby girl in March of 2017.
know that he will not be available to you. he is one of the best. he is honest. for us, the percentage of success he gave us was higher and more positive than the actual results. but we'd work with him again. also, he is very against acupuncture. which i don't agree with.
in the 3rd round he used an anti-histamine protocol which resulted in positive results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
they were great. they had backup if not available.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
it's one of the best. billing dept is impossible to get a hold of. great lab. if you don't live in Colorado, a bit of pain.
it was very pricey. above $60k when it was all said and done.

Treated 2016
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] performed an unnecessary surgery which destroyed my vagina. He tried to remove the ‘septum” between my uterus, which was not a septum at all, it was 2 uterus. He them told me I needed a surrogate. I went to another doctor for a second opinion...and I got pregnant my first round. Also, my high risk doctor told be he could see that I had 2 uterus, no surgery necessary...When I called him after I had my baby, no remorse, no apology. He did refund my surgery but we spent so much traveling there, and staying in hotels. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from this doctor if you want to have a baby and you have something a little complicated. Maybe if you are straightforward Ivf he might be ok, because that’s how he keeps his numbers high.
[CCRM Colorado is] Very cold and production line like. You wait around a lot. It’s a little too slick and uncaring...He [Dr. Schoolcraft] performed an unnecessary surgery which destroyed my vagina. He tried to remove the ‘septum” between my uterus, which was not a septum at all, it was 2 uterus. He them told me I needed a surrogate. I went to another doctor for a second opinion, although he’s “the best” and I got pregnant my first round. Also, my high risk doctor told be he could see that I had 2 uterus, no surgery necessary. How can the ‘best doctor’ be so misinformed. When I called him after I had my baby, no remorse, no apology. He did refund my surgery but we spent so much traveling there, and staying in hotels. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from this doctor if you want to have a baby and you have something a little complicated. Maybe if you are straightforward Ivf he might be ok, because that’s how he keeps his numbers high.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He performed an unnecessary surgery which destroyed my vagina. He tried to remove the ‘septum” between my uterus, which was not a septum at all, it was 2 uterus. He them told me I needed a surrogate. I went to another doctor for a second opinion, although he’s “the best” and I got pregnant my first round. Also, my high risk doctor told be he could see that I had 2 uterus, no surgery necessary. How can the ‘best doctor’ be so misinformed. When I called him after I had my baby, no remorse, no apology. He did refund my surgery but we spent so much traveling there, and staying in hotels. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from this doctor if you want to have a baby and you have something a little complicated. Maybe if you are straightforward Ivf he might be ok, because that’s how he keeps his numbers high.
Stay away!
He told me to use a surrogate after an unsuccessful attempt to remove a septum which was actually 2 uterus. Told me to use surrogate and that would be the only way for me to have a child. I got pregnant first time with another doctor.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very cold and production line like. You wait around a lot. It’s a little too slick and uncaring. Dr Schoolcraft is very pragmatic and there only to take patients that will generate good numbers for his clinic. It shows in all areas of the clinic
They were all out of pocket. I had an unnecessary surgery which he ultimately refunded, but he didn’t refund all the visits and ultrasounds that ultimately we’re worthless.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Schoolcraft seems to be on top of the research, however, he seems to have a set of procedures he does not quite deviate from. So i feel like more flexibility, and risk taking to make patient succeed would matter...Dr. Schoolcraft uses one month before the cycle for priming, he often cancels -- perhaps more often for long-distance patients. This was very stressful...Everything was very standardized. My major concern was timing, but they would insist on going by the book, which meant months of delays.
Supposedly they [CCRM in Denver] have very high success rate in comparison to some other clinics, this did not work for me at all, quality/quantity of my embryos there was substantially lower than expected. It is a very expensive clinic, they are very efficient though, so at least there are no problems in terms of clarity of communication...Nursing stuff seemed very detached/by the book, and very well organized...There was information about embryo research that appeared late in my experience with the clinic and i only found out about post treatment. It might have had a great impact on my decisions, and I feel bad that they failed to update me on this research (which i am sure the doctors knew about).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
Nursing stuff seemed very detached/by the book, and very well organized.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Supposedly they have very high success rate in comparison to some other clinics, this did not work for me at all, quality/quantity of my embryos there was substantially lower than expected. It is a very expensive clinic, they are very efficient though, so at least there are no problems in terms of clarity of communication.
47K per 3 retrievals

Treated 2016
Investor
The number of eggs retrieved [under the care of Dr. Schoocraft] relative to the number of follicles seen was very low (both in absolute and relative to my experience at other clinics). The fertilization rate and growth to day 6 blastocyst were also below my understanding of what is standard and what subsequently happened at other clinics. Lastly, it is unclear what the benefits of the extra medications used at CCRM are, given the similar yield to other clinics...
The costs [at CCRM - Denver] are about $10K more than other clinics (not including medicine or travel/lodging). The aggregate number of meds you will be on is higher. Spending a week in Colorado is disruptive. To the extent CCRM has a monitoring clinic in your city, you may be able to fly out closer to retrieval...~$25K + anesthesia and medicine costs...The nursing staff was relatively good...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
The number of eggs retrieved relative to the number of follicles seen was very low (both in absolute and relative to my experience at other clinics). The fertilization rate and growth to day 6 blastocyst were also below my understanding of what is standard and what subsequently happened at other clinics. Lastly, it is unclear what the benefits of the extra medications used at CCRM are, given the similar yield to other clinics.
Try to get him to do the surgery
The clinic is very hands on. Relative to the other clinics I have been at, it is a fairly personalized experience, likely due at least in part to the number of non-local patients they see.
Estrace prep and a week of Cipro before stimulation. Stim included clomid the whole time, 300 follistim, 150 menopur, dexamethasone, and ganirelex.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
The nursing staff was relatively good.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The costs are about $10K more than other clinics (not including medicine or travel/lodging). The aggregate number of meds you will be on is higher. Spending a week in Colorado is disruptive. To the extent CCRM has a monitoring clinic in your city, you may be able to fly out closer to retrieval.
Well oiled machine
~$25K + anesthesia and medicine costs
Treated 2015
Be ready for him to be blunt. But, he's a smart man and predicted my outcome... I def. recommend CCRM, but would suggest another doctor.
I def. recommend CCRM, but would suggest another doctor... Dr. Schoolcraft doesn't have very good bed side manner.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I def. recommend CCRM, but would suggest another doctor.
Be ready for him to be blunt. But, he's a smart man and predicted my outcome.
Dr. Schoolcraft doesn't have very good bed side manner. He made me cry once.