4.8

William Schoolcraft works at

10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Treated 2019 - 2020
After being his [Dr. William Schoolcraft's] patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal...he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipp
At CCRM you have to be prepared to be your own advocate, because they have so many patients coming through their system. On my first IVF cycle at CCRM (2nd overall), my nurse gave me a downreg/stim calendar that was off by 8 days. Luckily I noticed before I started stimming and brought to her attention, and she was very apologetic, but you need to make sure you pay close attention to tests and protocols to make sure everything lines up.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We had just come from a failed IVF cycle at a clinic where the doctor was SO patient, compassionate, and meticulous with our care. The transition to Dr Schoolcraft was a bit of a shock, in that he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipped through my thick stack of patient notes (I felt like I should have asked him if he'd prefer me to stop speaking so he could pay attention to what was written). After being his patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Come prepared with a list of questions. Ask them all. If you think that he has not read your notes, also come with a medical history to go through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
PREP: Metformin, Acai trial (90 days) STIM: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Dexamethasone TRIGGER: Lupron, HCG (Pregnyl)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff was very helpful and compassionate. There were some issues with miscommunication, but in general we are very happy with the team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has built a great reputation for itself, and I see why. It's clean, efficient, and comfortable to be a patient there. However, as I stated before, you have to be prepared to be your own advocate—some things can fall through the cracks with a large operation, like test orders and details about your protocol. For example, one time I went for a monitoring ultrasound as part of my IVF stim protocol, and the technician thought that I was pregnant (always a fun one to explain). Oh, it's also insanely expensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
very expensive, ~$35,000-$40,000 including the tests we had to re-take at CCRM before being accepted as patients. We had had the tests done at another clinic and they won't accept those results.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
we didn't get there, but he made it clear he wanted to only transfer one embryo
Treated 2017 - 2019
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s [with Dr. Schoolcraft]- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better...I loved that Dr was supportive of us only transplanting 1 embryo. He explained both scenarios - options- very thoroughly...At first bedside manner was lacking- felt cold. By second retrieval he had warmed up and became very positive about our chances and situation.
Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest [at CCRM Colorado]. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Bedside manner needed a little work- didn’t feel special at first- but then he absolutely went above and beyond when I had issues with nursing and finance office as we progressed through treatments. He even gave me his personal cell and reached out intermittently to check in.
Understand that you need to advocate for yourself and be just as blunt as Dr Schoolcraft
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie Patrick)
Nurse originally assigned seemed lost and clueless- treated like number. Then after discussion with Dr Schoolcraft, I was assigned to Tonie Patrick and she was amazing and incredible. Very knowledgeable, professional and compassionate- a real gem.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength- doctors. Knowledge and proven track record. Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
$24 each retrieval/transfer if no insurance- we paid $8k for drugs and $15k for 2 retrieval’s/transfers after insurance claims
Lone Tree

Dr Schoolcraft was nice, patient, and gave enough time to answer all of our questions. He believes in finding a solution to our situation and genuinely wants to help. Dr Schoolcraft was on site almost daily and was able to look over my daily lab results. Though he did not perform the surgery, I had a great experience. ... He had a nice demeanor in our consultations. Allowed us to ask questions and I never felt rushed. He did mention my husband when he was not present as well he created rappor with us.
Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses [at CCRM Colorado] were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently. ... The nursing staff was great! Everything from the front to back end was efficient and smooth. I found the lab technicians and nurses all to be up beat and compassionate.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask all of your questions and be sure to be clear of your options before starting.
I was administered oral and injections for my stimulation medication. All resulted in a great outcome during the stimulation. I did need to stun for a few extra days but we did retrieve more eggs than expected. After finding out in the lab that none of my fertilized eggs matured, the re group determined he would recommend if proceeding the same way, a different medication protocol. Other options were discussed with donor eggs as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. All of our scheduled appointments ran on time and smooth. Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
These were booked first thing in the morning and all appointments were handled quickly and smoothly.
Costs were between 25-35k including meds for IVF, ICSI and genetic testing
Lone Tree
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before....He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach....He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH.
My experience with the clinic [CCRM] has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person.... There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before. We learned more from him in our consultation than we had from our two previous fertility doctors combined. He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach. My only complaint is that he can sometimes put the decisions on me when I need him to guide me as he is the expert. When this happens, I have to ask my nurse to push him for his recommendation. I also have to advocate for myself. I brought up this calcium solution for my embryos and we ended up using it and it was extremely helpful. That was not something that he mentioned to me, but I had heard about it from a Imfertility support group and asked him about it. I have to make sure to have my questions planned out when I see him because he typically expects me to lead the conversation. He is fairly quiet and our meetings are me asking questions and him giving answers.
That you should have all of your questions prepared when you see him so you can get the most out of your time with him.
Everyone in his office was genuine, friendly, knowledgable and caring. We were never made to feel bad for asking questions and we never felt rushed. We were given the opportunity to meet with Dr. Schoolcraft every step of the process for IVF.
So far, I have done one IVF cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft.He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH. He also recommended a clinical trial for me to take an açai supplement three times a day for three months prior to my IVF cycle to help improve egg quality and quantity. I did a priming cycle with estrogen prior to my IVF cycle. My actual IVF cycle consisted of menopur in the morning and gonal f, chlomid and Dexamethasone in the evening for two and a half weeks. When my egg retrieval was closer, I started on certotide once daily in the morning as well. I had 11 resting follicles at the time of my work up in December, but only four follicles in March when I started my IVF cycle. Three of the follicles grew and they were able to get two eggs from my egg retrieval. One egg was mature and the other one matured the next day. Both fertilized normally and amazingly, we got one PGS normal embryo from the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
My nurse has been very good about getting back to me quickly with answers, making sure I have all the information I need and collaborating with the doctor when needed. She made a couple of logistical errors by sending orders to the wrong local fertility clinic and sending the wrong prescriptions to the pharmacy. I had to go back and have her fix her mistakes a couple of times at the beginning of my cycle, but she has been wonderful ever since. She leaves me detailed voicemails and emails answering my questions which is very nice. She has never made me feel bad about asking a lot of questions unlike my previous nurses. She is not the most compassionate person but she’s good at her job and that’s what matters most to me. Every person that I have come in contact with at that fertility center has been warm, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. It is a well-oiled machine over there and their lab is truly amazing.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My experience with the clinic has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person. Every person I have come into contact with there has been extremely helpful and caring. Even the ultrasound techs go above and beyond by explaining every step of the ultrasound and everything you’re looking at. That has been extremely comforting to me as I like to know as much information as possible. Before you leave an appointment they always make sure you meet with your nurse to go over results and next steps and order any prescriptions you may need. At my initial consultation, they included a meeting with a genetic counselor and a psychologist who specializes in fertility. They have everyone in the same building and working for the same cause. Their lab is also state of the art and people come from all over the world to have treatment there. They are great at working with patients out of state like me.
The cost of our IVF cycle was more expensive than at our previous two fertility centers. The IVF cycle in total cost around 26,000 not including medications. I did not qualify for a bundle package with a refund if we were not successful, because I have had failed IVF attempts previously.
I have told my doctor that I am only comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer and he agrees that given my health situation, that is probably the best way to go for me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders. Another time she sent my blood work and ultrasound orders to the wrong fertility clinic. Another time she did not send the orders to the fertility clinic and when I got there they wouldn’t see me for my appointment. Since then, I make sure to get a copy of the order every time just in case the clinic does not receive their fax. I do some of my visits at my local fertility center and then I go to Denver, Colorado for the couple of weeks leading up to my egg retrieval.
Lone Tree
Dr. Schoolcraft is smart and a leader in his field! But you pay dearly for it. I think his methods are very clinical, and they work for a lot of women. Unfortunately, I’m in the small percentage of women who it did not work for. That was hard to accept after spending so much time and money.... we only met Dr. Schoolcraft maybe 3 times (initial consult, egg retrieval, and post-consult). He did not perform the transfer. So in a sense I felt like a number to him, but a human to the rest of the staff!
This place [CCRM] is a well oiled machine. They have patient processing down to a science. They accommodate you and your schedule and everyone is really great to work with. Make sure you understand they do not really venture into “new age” kind of treatment. I’m looking at Reproductive Immunology now and they don’t really buy into that.... All in we spent about $40,000 for one retrieval and one transfer. No insurance coverage and that was with the in state discount. That price is inclusive of the medications which are very expensive. (For both transfer and retrieval probably close to $7,000)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is smart and a leader in his field! But you pay dearly for it. I think his methods are very clinical, and they work for a lot of women. Unfortunately, I’m in the small percentage of women who it did not work for. That was hard to accept after spending so much time and money. I do think there was some false hope given, but if you’re in the small percentage of women facing recurrent miscarriage, you almost get used to that.
you Have to have your questions ready for him. You also need to speak up and advocate for your own situation because he sees so many women come through his clinic, I think it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle.
CCRM is a well oiled machine! They have great success for many patients, but not for us, yet. Your main communication is with a nurse that is assigned to you. Honestly everyone who works there is great, but we only met Dr. Schoolcraft maybe 3 times (initial consult, egg retrieval, and post-consult). He did not perform the transfer. So in a sense I felt like a number to him, but a human to the rest of the staff!
I already had 4 miscarriages so it was presumed that my eggs were “bad”. So I had an egg retrieval, froze the embryos and then had embryos genetically tested. I had four embryos make the cut. One was transferred and implanted successfully, but I had a miscarriage at 6.5ish weeks. From what I recall, my protocol included Estradiol patches, Lupron, ganirellix, Gonal-f, and novarel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Everyone is assigned a nurse and she is your primary contact throughout the process. My nurse was/is wonderful and was/is always available! (If she was not in office, an on call nurse was always available)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is a well oiled machine. They have patient processing down to a science. They accommodate you and your schedule and everyone is really great to work with. Make sure you understand they do not really venture into “new age” kind of treatment. I’m looking at Reproductive Immunology now and they don’t really buy into that.
Doctor wanted to transfer only one embryo, but would have done two if I wanted. He said if I were to miscarry I would lose two but if I didn’t the pregnancy risks would be higher with two. Since I miscarried I’m glad I only used one embryo.
Lone Tree
Some may not like how candid he [Dr. Schoolcraft] could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab. ... On paper we looked good, but he was clear that only going through the process could tell for sure. He answered all my questions and explained things to my husband
Its [CCRM] big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. ... Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same ... Michele [nurse] is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. ...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Some may not like how candid he could be but I really liked and appreciated it. I also felt he really cared, and his optimism was calming. When I felt things didn't go as well as they could he put things into perspective giving me hope. He also was frank that we were paying for his excellent lab.
Go see him, be honest with what you want, then listen to what he has to say.
Since everything looked good we started with a basic protocol. And I developed a ton of follicles turns out they were not good quality in the end. But when I said I wanted to do another round to get more embryos he said we could be ok with the 2 we had but could see the benefit to another round. He didn't change anything for the 2nd round because I produced so many follicles and could have overstimulated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Michele is amazing, and on top of things. She explained things to my fertility brain when I forgot things and was super compassionate when my husband had a medical issue. Really the rest of the staff was amazing as well. I saw a bunch of people when you have to go in so much but I always felt they were on top of things and knew about me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Its big and beautiful. And I'm not rich my any means so all the nice cars and beautiful people was very intimidating. But the employees are awesome, also Lone Tree is really far away from my home and work. I-25 sucks to drive every day in rush hour
Full cycle 28,000 meds 5200 2nd cycle 17,000 meds same
He will be doing a eset when we go to that point. Because of my age.
Treated 2015 - 2018
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] is very straightforward and honest. He will give you all the facts and will give you options for the best results. He will not “hold your hand”, and is not as “warm and fuzzy” as other doctors but he is very talented and knowledgeable. In the end, he is great at making babies and very professional and for us, that was the most important thing.
This clinic [CCRM-Lone Tree] is a machine. You may not get the close knit, caring environment that others provide. However, they know what they are doing and get great results. The business office was a struggle to deal with a few years ago but seems to have improved greatly.... My first nurse did not have a great bedside manner and her communication was lacking. When we went back to the clinic, we requested another nurse who was beyond kind and empathetic and was very responsive.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is very straightforward and honest. He will give you all the facts and will give you options for the best results. He will not “hold your hand”, and is not as “warm and fuzzy” as other doctors but he is very talented and knowledgeable. In the end, he is great at making babies and very professional and for us, that was the most important thing.
If you want someone very personable who will hold your hand through the process, he is not your doctor. If you want someone who will be honest and straightforward and gets great results, he is your doctor.
I was given straight, honest answers
We came to Schoolcraft with male infertility (0% morphology). He didn’t waste our time with IUI and recommended we go straight to IVF with ICSI. We also chose to do genetic testing. We had several viable embryos from our first retrieval and were successful in a live birth from our first transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
My first nurse did not have a great bedside manner and her communication was lacking. When we went back to the clinic, we requested another nurse who was beyond kind and empathetic and was very responsive. I have mostly heard good experiences with nurses at CCRM from other patients.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is a machine. You may not get the close knit, caring environment that others provide. However, they know what they are doing and get great results. The business office was a struggle to deal with a few years ago but seems to have improved greatly.
CCRM is definitely a higher price point than other clinics
Dr, Schoolcraft seems to be pretty open to one or two embryo transfer depending on parents wishes and what will provide best outcomes. He did not push us to either decision but gave us the pro’s and cons of both and let us decide what was best for us.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
The business office was confusing to deal with and we had to make sure we stayed on top of all of the finances and kept every single receipt to make sure that payments were correct.
Lone Tree
Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area.... I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process.... CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is very knowledgeable, I also believe he also works with a lot of difficult cases. I was/am a difficult case so it was important to me to go to a clinic and Doctor with experience in this area. Dr Schoolcraft is very upfront and blunt and it took me a little while to get used to his style. While this was shocking at first, it was good in the sense that I knew my chances upfront and I did not go in with false expectations. Dr Schoolcraft was open to trying different protocols and seeing which ones would give me the best results. Dr Schoolcraft always answered all of my questions thoroughly and I never felt rushed. Also, Dr. Schoolcraft seemed to always run on time for appointments which is nice. Overall, I think Dr. Schoolcraft is a very knowledgeable, great Doctor.
I suggest for everyone to be their own advocate and understand your protocols and options, no matter who your doctor or clinic is.
At times, I felt as if the clinic is so busy and there are so many people in and out that I was just a number. I think in this process everyone has to learn to be their own advocate. There were a lot of protocols/options I learned from my own research that I had to ask the doctor about. I felt as if I should have been educated on all available processes/protocols in the beginning instead of finding out about them online and having to go back and ask about them. On the contrary, CCRM has a set process that you follow and it is very evident that they follow the process very well. All of the staff at CCRM are very well trained and the facility is top notch. They go above and beyond by having therapists on site for patients to speak to and they even hold support group meetings. They offer acupuncture before and after treatment, which I have not heard of at any other center. Overall, they are very advanced.
I used the Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol and Estrogen Priming Microdose Lupron Protocol. Both protocols were used because I have been diagnosed with DOR and I was told both protocols are generally for poor responders. From the very beginning, I knew with my day 3 numbers I would not produce a lot eggs since I did not have many baseline follicles. With both protocols I responded how they expected, I never produce a lot of eggs or embryos unfortunately with DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of your communication at CCRM is with the nurse, other than the retrieval and regroup, you rarely have communication with the doctor. You are assigned a nurse, they are your primary contact. This is nice because usually, you are working with the same nurse throughout the process. If your nurse has the day off or they are out of the office there is a dedicated nursing line you call into. Usually, you have to leave a message but someone calls you back quite quickly. I have had to call in several times to ask questions on meds or had other random questions and I was always called back right away.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a process they follow for everything and they are very, very organized. It is very apparent that all staff is very well trained on their process and everything runs very smooth. Even when you go to get your blood drawn they check 3 times to make sure they have the right person. The fact that all patients get an assigned nurse is definitely a plus, this way you have someone who is your contact that you get to know since it is such an emotional process. The only thing I will say is do not expect a lot of facetime with the doctor, most of your communication will be with the nurse.
This clinic is definitely expensive, but they are upfront about their cost which are also listed on their website.
I have been told they are open to single embryo transfer, or transferring 2 embryos. We have not transferred yet.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Schoolcraft is not known to be warm/fuzzy, which is something I could have used a little bit of, I don't need a lot, but he will provide you with clear cut answers to your questions... my contact with Dr. Schoolcraft was only on the initial visit to get my testing and the day of the transfer. There are different doctors on the team at CCRM, and depending on which doctor is on call the day of your egg retrieval is scheduled is the doctor doing the procedure.
The nurses, ultrasound ladies, consultants, etc.. are very much on time and usually waiting for you. The facility [CCRM Colorado] is very clean and big. There is a small café on the ground floor in case you or your partner get hungry, because the first evaluation will take at least half a day.... I felt like a human because of my nurse Michele Chase. She was always my primary point of contact/go to person. She always provided answer to all my question within the same day of reaching out to her.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Being that I live in Miami, and CCRM is located in Lone Tree, Colorado, my contact with Dr. Schoolcraft was only on the initial visit to get my testing and the day of the transfer. There are different doctors on the team at CCRM, and depending on which doctor is on call the day of your egg retrieval is scheduled is the doctor doing the procedure. It might be your actual doctor or another doctor. Schoolcraft is not known to be warm/fuzzy, which is something I could have used a little bit of, I don't need a lot, but he will provide you with clear cut answers to your questions. And it will not be sugar coated, but they will be the facts of your case.
Do not expect someone that is nurturing and warm. He is straight to the point, and he will answer all your question. Also, make sure that you have all your questions ready for him when you meet, because if you don't you might leave the meeting feeling like you do not know what to expect.
I felt like a human because of my nurse Michele Chase. She was always my primary point of contact/go to person. She always provided answer to all my question within the same day of reaching out to her. She made herself available via telephone as well, and always returned calls the same day. Please note that all directives came from Dr. Schoolcraft, but Michele was the person who would provide all the information from the Doctor. My verbal communication with Dr. Schoolcraft was minimal, and only as needed.
I cannot remember much. I think I have blocked some things out because my last embryo did not survive the thawing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele Chase)
I provided a describe in a previous area.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Please be on time, because all your appointments will only have a 5 -10 minute wait max. The nurses, ultrasound ladies, consultants, etc.. are very much on time and usually waiting for you. The facility is very clean and big. There is a small café on the ground floor in case you or your partner get hungry, because the first evaluation will take at least half a day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Monitoring appointments are mostly scheduled in the morning because they need the get bloodwork back, early enough the same day, in order to provide you with instructions as to your next step, change in dose of medication, and potential retrieval day. Ultrasounds are also scheduled in the morning, because it makes no sense to come twice a day. Also, morning appointments give Dr. Schoolcraft the opportunity to review the ultrasound and bloodwork together for him to make a decision about your treatment progression.
One round of IVF was $24,000 not including medications.
In my case, I only had one embryo to transfer each time, so there was nothing to discuss.
Success w/ Doc 22 Eggs Frozen
We successfully retrieved and froze 6 eggs this time around [with Dr. Schoolcraft]...is a very knowledgeable fertility doctor. He is always keen on sharing his knowledge and explaining any questions you may have. He is amiable and empathetic yet he has a straight forward approach...I had a consult with him many years ago before the technology existed to freeze eggs without fertilization. He has always been a champion of helping people realize their fertility dreams while making sure to elaborate on the steps needed or hopes for future science to catch up with processes previously unavailable or discovered. Dr. Schoolcraft is an amiable doctor with a practical approach. We can do this or we can't...but in the future i
The nursing staff is good [at CCRM Colorado]. Some nurses are better than others at individual parts. Over all the staff does a great job here! They are compassionate, caring, patient and educational...On my second egg retrieval no one realized that I was due for communicable lab work until right before my egg retrieval surgery. This was a stressful situation...They are able to customize regimens for each patient. They are compassionate, caring and well educated. Things run like clockwork for the most part. I have had a few hiccups here and there but great experience for the most part. I
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Doctor Schoolcraft is a very knowledgeable and experienced fertility doctor. I had a consult with him many years ago before the technology existed to freeze eggs without fertilization. He has always been a champion of helping people realize their fertility dreams while making sure to elaborate on the steps needed or hopes for future science to catch up with processes previously unavailable or discovered. Dr. Schoolcraft is an amiable doctor with a practical approach. We can do this or we can't...but in the future it may be possible. He has empathy for your unique situation. Things can become overwhelming at times during the IVF process at any stage. Dr. Schoolcraft is always there to help clarify if needed. He runs a rather large clinic with many staff members. The only main issue was poor pain control post surgery. I am a health care professional and I have a decent tolerance for pain. I feel they are over cautious with prescribing post surgery meds. This is an area they could work on individualizing better I believe. I also think it takes the older patients such as myself longer to heal than they may expect. Otherwise, I have been happy and treated well at CCRM with Dr. Schoolcraft. Time will tell (and finances) if we succeed.
Don't be shy about asking anything if you're unsure or overwhelmed. Make sure you have extra money set aside for whatever may crop up. Don't expect your insurance to cover anything. Know that they may not bill your insurance for some test which can be covered with your primary doctor or OBGyn.
Dr. Schoolcraft is a very knowledgeable fertility doctor. He is always keen on sharing his knowledge and explaining any questions you may have. He is amiable and empathetic yet he has a straight forward approach. He's very clear we can do this or we'll have to wait for science to catch up...but in the future it may be possible. He runs a large clinic with many staff members. Somehow, they manage to keep you feeling human amidst a sometimes overwhelming and hectic schedule. I have felt overwhelmed at times but never was I treated like just a number here.
I was prescribed two separate medication regimens. I may have more details soon. At 39 yo my medications were Gonal-F, Lupron, a birth control hormone and novarel. We retrieved and froze 18 eggs this time. Second egg retrieval at 44 yo the regimen was similar but the birth control was switched to Vivelle Dot (which I had an allergy to made my lips puff up and throat tighten...I took chlor-tabs to help with allergy). I also had some epic mood swings from the patches. They also gave me a dose of Cetrotide but we discontinued this after one dose because we weren't sure what was causing the allergic reaction. This egg retrieval wasn't as successful as the first one. I believe I gave an extra dose of lupron one time and I ran out of money for the Gonal-F so we had to do the retrieval earlier than we'd hoped. We successfully retrieved and froze 6 eggs this time around.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Julie Von Feldt)
During the many years I have been a patient at CCRM I have been assigned a few different nurses (and they all take turns answering questions/helping patients during their shifts so you always have access to a provider). Julie Von Feldt has been there the entire time and is wonderful! I would highly recommend her (although she is a manager now and doesn't tend to take individual patients now). The nursing staff is good. Some nurses are better than others at individual parts. Over all the staff does a great job here! They are compassionate, caring, patient and educational.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic has a long history of experience with IVF. They are able to customize regimens for each patient. They are compassionate, caring and well educated. Things run like clockwork for the most part. I have had a few hiccups here and there but great experience for the most part. I found the financial side of things frustrating at times. There always seemed to be something additional to pay for that cropped up to add to my expenses. Discuss your pain management plan well in advance to surgery. This is an area I believe they have an opportunity to improve upon. Some of the side effects of these medications can be uncomfortable. For example, I was unprepared for how constipated the cytotec made me. Try not to become overwhelmed. There is a LOT of information thrown at you. Take heart that even a health care professional with knowledge of some of the jargon got overwhelmed. Don't be afraid to ask for clarification. Ask for a moment to regroup or ask for help.
I initially consulted with Dr Schoolcraft before unfertilized eggs were able to be frozen. This was well over 15 years ago so there is no record on file anymore. My record starts in 2007 with CCRM. Since then, one egg retrieval partially covered by insurance and the second not covered at all...a uterine polyp removal surgery and medications. Thus far I have spent almost $40,000 out of pocket for the workups, labs and surgeries at CCRM to store my eggs. There was also outside labwork I did separately with my primary care/obgyn mds which was several thousand dollars. The final steps (egg thaw, fertilized embryo, implantation) will cost me about $16,000. These numbers do not include medication expenses or hotel/travel expenses. I have to remove another uterine polyp, get a consult for a high risk/geriatric pregnancy. I am estimating that the medications will be $2500? I'm not sure what they will be yet...still awaiting results from my one day workup recently. I am taking a 401K loan and holding my breath that it will be enough. Time is not on my side and I've been hoping for so long. It's always a financial struggle. For me it's now or never. Finger's crossed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
On my second egg retrieval no one realized that I was due for communicable lab work until right before my egg retrieval surgery. This was a stressful situation (due to the last minute notice and the unexpected cost) but they resolved it and my surgery moved ahead as planned. My genetic test for cystic fibrosis somehow wasn't entered in my chart (I likely got the test done at my OBgyn not at CCRM). My partner and I did a one day workup about 3 weeks ago and have yet to receive the serology results for his workup. I am following up today but had expected these results sooner. All in all, however, this clinic is on the ball.
Lone Tree

Weaknesses: He's quiet and reserved so the patient has to lead the conversation and ask questions. ... The nurse coordinator is the main point of contact and treated me like a person. ...Strengths: He seems have a credible reputation due to his experience and stats. We haven't started a cycle yet so I don't have as much info to provide.
Strengths: The lab and doctors have good reputations. Organized and professional. Weaknesses: I'm an out-of-state patient so there are additional travel/shipping costs on top of the higher price point. ... Strengths [nurses]: Organized, warm, and professional. Responsive to voicemails. Weaknesses: She doesn't always specify which day she is out of the office. ... The initial phone consult was $325. The one day work up was almost $3,000.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Strengths: He seems have a credible reputation due to his experience and stats. We haven't started a cycle yet so I don't have as much info to provide. Weaknesses: He's quiet and reserved so the patient has to lead the conversation and ask questions.
Be prepared with questions.
We haven't started a cycle yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Pick)
Strengths: Organized, warm, and professional. Responsive to voicemails. Weaknesses: She doesn't always specify which day she is out of the office. Occasionally, she has not responded to me in the same day, which is the policy if I leave a voicemail before 4 pm MT.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I haven't started a cycle yet. The initial phone consult was $325. The one day work up was almost $3,000. The acai supplement was $25/month.
Treated 2017
Dr. Schoolcraft is not warm & fuzzy, but he is very matter-of-fact & won't sugarcoat things. He put my diagnosis completely in terms of numbers. He said he would give me a 75% chance of success with donor eggs or 35% with my own eggs. I appreciated his frankness & his expertise. ... I know he is an expert in his field, but it was frustrating at times when I would ask about alternative treatments & he was dismissive. When I asked if he would recommend 1 cycle at CCRM or potentially multiple cycles at a different clinic where different protocols could be tried.
CCRM is very good at what they do. You obviously pay a premium, but their facilities & services are top notch. It is like an infertility mecca. But the cost is preventative & their billing department is very disorganized. ... He [Dr. Schoolcraft] said there was only one option for protocol which is the most aggressive protocol. I had read a lot about women with DOR having success with low dose protocols, but he would not even entertain the idea.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I know he is an expert in his field, but it was frustrating at times when I would ask about alternative treatments & he was dismissive. When I asked if he would recommend 1 cycle at CCRM or potentially multiple cycles at a different clinic where different protocols could be tried. He said there was only one option for protocol which is the most aggressive protocol. I had read a lot about women with DOR having success with low dose protocols, but he would not even entertain the idea.
He doesn't feel the need to explain himself, but he is the best & if I could afford it, I would go to CCRM for IVF.
Treated 2016
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] took the time to understand why my previous IVF and IUI cycles failed (under previous care) and gave his honest recommendations...He was very busy opening other clinics and so he no longer does egg retrieval’s (which I didn’t realize initially), he also wasn’t there for our initial 1-day workup...but it all worked out in the end. He was there when he needed to be, for embryo transfer and now I have my daughter as a result!
Because I was not local, monitoring was handled at my local (initial) clinic...I love that they are expanding locations [at CCRM] although I still would have flown to Colorado to be treated by Dr Schoolcraft (I live in Chicago)....it was all worth it in the end, to finally have a baby! After multiple rounds of IVF with a previous Dr/facility, it only took 1 Retrieval (and 1 Transfer) to have my daughter (with CCRM)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Don’t be disheartened that you won’t get the FaceTime with “the” Dr... his team of embryologists and other Drs (at CCRM) are what make this facility the powerhouse that it is known for!
He took the time to understand why my previous IVF and IUI cycles failed (under previous care) and gave his honest recommendations
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I love that they are expanding locations although I still would have flown to Colorado to be treated by Dr Schoolcraft (I live in Chicago)....it was all worth it in the end, to finally have a baby! After multiple rounds of IVF with a previous Dr/facility, it only took 1 Retrieval (and 1 Transfer) to have my daughter (with CCRM)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Because I was not local, monitoring was handled at my local (initial) clinic. It felt weird going back to the place I started at, but wasn’t successful with.
Schoolcraft prefers multiple embryo transfer, to better the odds of implantation
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Schoolcraft is blunt but I also saw a more personable side of him. He didn't mix words when he told us what we were up against but also felt confident enough to give us a shot. He was very up front with us...He is very willing to educate you and spend time with you but you have to drive the conversation...My second retrieval I took acai and saizen - he wanted to give it everything he could to get the results we wanted.
For the most part my nurse was on top of things and kept me on schedule. The staff at CCRM is very helpful and seems to care about your journey...CCRM takes into consideration patient care. They do an excellent job with their one day workup where you meet with everyone who will be caring for you as well as go over billing, etc. They keep you well-informed along the way and everyone genuinely hopes you succeed.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Do your research and know what questions to ask. He is very willing to educate you and spend time with you but you have to drive the conversation.
CCRM does a great job with education and patient care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Treated 2018 - 2019
The is thoughtful of my particular case and willing to hear what I want as well. He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] is caring about the results and very hopeful as if I feel he is 100% on my team. From the first phone consult, I felt very connected to him and I never felt rushed in saying what I needed to say to him.... Dr. Schoolcraft has been very compassionate and caring
The lab is amazing [at CCRM-Lone Tree]. The CCS testing is right there on site so the embryos do not have to be shipped. The surgery center is at theLone Tree office so you get very familiar with the procedures and flow of the clinic. There is a peaceful place to sit and a refreshment bar for your partner and pretty places to walk about to campus/neighborhood... Everything went fine. But you have to stay on top off your orders, paperwork, outside monitoring faxes to help them run their clinic best. Just remember, you are the patient and to be your best advocate. CCRM does an amazing job handing lots of information and assimilating it for it to be as easy on you as the patient as possible.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
The is thoughtful of my particular case and willing to hear what I want as well. He is caring about the results and very hopeful as if I feel he is 100% on my team. From the first phone consult, I felt very connected to him and I never felt rushed in saying what I needed to say to him.
Be sure that you communicate with the nurses well and be sure that you keep good notes during the meetings so that you can review that last cycle with him if you have to do more than one cycle.
There are a lot of people there and many times when I met with my nurses they did not know who I was or what my chart said. However, I wished that had been different, but I understand that they are busy. Dr. Schoolcraft has been very compassionate and caring
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
The nurses were all very official and complete. I wish the they had remembered me better and reviewed my chart before coming into the room. They were very responsive with the portal which is the primary way of communication.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The lab is amazing. The CCS testing is right there on site so the embryos do not have to be shipped. The surgery center is at theLone Tree office so you get very familiar with the procedures and flow of the clinic. There is a peaceful place to sit and a refreshment bar for your partner and pretty places to walk about to campus/neighborhood
we were in a package pricing. Insurance did not cover any of the expenses.
We have not discussed this yet
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Schoolcraft is very matter of fact and doesn’t remember who you are unless your files In front of him. However after my miscarriage he did personally call to lend him support... Dr. Schoolcraft is a brilliant Dr but is very black and white. He doesn’t veer from his personal beliefs or protocols. He’s got a certain amount of arrogance about him but I suppose confidence is a good thing. He’s an expert in his field that apparent but when it comes to keeping you pregnant that’s a different ball game, he goes right to gestational carrier.
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They [CCRM] have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs.... Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is a brilliant Dr but is very black and white. He doesn’t veer from his personal beliefs or protocols. He’s got a certain amount of arrogance about him but I suppose confidence is a good thing. He’s an expert in his field that apparent but when it comes to keeping you pregnant that’s a different ball game, he goes right to gestational carrier. He was companionate after my miscarriage but doesn’t understand people don’t have endless amounts of money to pay for every test under the sun, a carrier, another IVF treatment, etc. especially when his clinic is by far one of the most expensive out there and they don’t take any insurance
Be ready to spend your life’s savings and be prepared for him pushing all testing
When your going through treatment you don’t hear from your Dr. unless you schedule a consultation. Your nurse is your go to. My nurse was amazing and has been a source of medical and emotional support. Dr. Schoolcraft is very matter of fact and doesn’t remember who you are unless your files In front of him. However after my miscarriage he did personally call to lend him support and has helped in finding answers for my sever bleeding during pregnancy
With my first IVF we did a frozen transfer. I did BC, Depo Lupron (for my endo) PIO, Endometrine, vivelle patches, antibiotics and baby aspirin. I did get pregnant but had a significant blessing episode at 8 weeks. Stayed on PIO and patches until 10 weeks before weening. 2nd IVF, Dane protocol another sever bleeding episode that resulted in a miscarriage. Next transfer wants to try the antihistamine protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Our nurse Cindy has gone above and beyond. She been there every step of the way, never seems annoyed or in a hurry when I have questions or just need reassurance. She been an advocate for me when my wants and needs clash with the Dr.’s. She explains things in a way I understand without belittling me. If it wasn’t for her we probably would have moved clinics by now
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The medical staff, including Drs and nurses are very well educated and knowledgeable. They have a world renowned lab and ability to create high quality embryos. However I think if you suffer from pregnancy loss they are lacking in care for your needs. The billing and financial department leave little to be desired. They don’t abide by any insurance companies “negotiated rates” and the lab doesn’t except any insurance covage at all. It very expensive and you have to do a lot of the testing through them.
With our egg retrieval and Frozen transfer it was just under 40k. It’s 3k for your one day work up, almost 7k for transfer and plus meds for the transfer alone. Then if you get pregnant the additional ultrasounds and monitoring is additional charge
At first I was ok with transferring just one embryo but given my very difficult pregnancy I realized that a singleton was much safer for both baby and I. We did however transfer 2 the second time around against his recommendation
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
If my nurse was wasn’t in and I needed something it was much harder to get answers. It only happened a few times but it is frustrating when you need medication ASAP
Lone Tree
DR schoolcraft is a genius. He really is the top of the top when it comes to infertility specialists. I highly recommend him and the wealth of knowledge he brings. He will not over promise and his a great listener and communicator..... I had just a consultation with the doctor but I felt he took the time to answer all my questions and boy did I have a lot written down! I never felt rushed or talked down too.
The clinic [CCRM-CO] is really top notch, this is the mothership of all ccrm. It is weird there are two sides to the clinic which is a little confusing when you first go there. The team is really the master of their skill and I would highly recommend them. The dr and nurse also left me prenatal vitamin samples which the front desk had for me.... My next step was bloodwork which was going to be 1400 which is a bummer has I just got bloodwork done from my obgyn that cost me 900 but ccrm wanted to use their own lab.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be patient and know you are in the best hands, don’t stress and leave it to the professionals, they have your best interest at heart.
I only had a consultation, due to the price and next steps to get bloodwork etc done at their lab we had to pause because of finances.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Sarah was great, answered all my questions and always got back to me in a timely matter even after her after hours she called me back.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The clinic is really top notch, this is the mothership of all ccrm. It is weird there are two sides to the clinic which is a little confusing when you first go there. The team is really the master of their skill and I would highly recommend them. The dr and nurse also left me prenatal vitamin samples which the front desk had for me.