4.8

William Schoolcraft works at

10290 RidgeGate Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Treated 2019 - 2020
After being his [Dr. William Schoolcraft's] patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal...he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipp
At CCRM you have to be prepared to be your own advocate, because they have so many patients coming through their system. On my first IVF cycle at CCRM (2nd overall), my nurse gave me a downreg/stim calendar that was off by 8 days. Luckily I noticed before I started stimming and brought to her attention, and she was very apologetic, but you need to make sure you pay close attention to tests and protocols to make sure everything lines up.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We had just come from a failed IVF cycle at a clinic where the doctor was SO patient, compassionate, and meticulous with our care. The transition to Dr Schoolcraft was a bit of a shock, in that he doesn't really contribute much to consultations unless directly prompted by questions. I get the sense that he thought that we were an easy case to crack, so didn't invest his famous brainpower towards our case. I could tell that he hadn't looked at my notes at all at before my first consultation, so I nervously started self reporting what had happened as he casually flipped through my thick stack of patient notes (I felt like I should have asked him if he'd prefer me to stop speaking so he could pay attention to what was written). After being his patient through one failed IVF and one failed donor egg cycle, I still do not feel like he knows much about my medical history other than the top line items. We're going to stick with him to see what his "next steps" are, but to this point all of the information that he's given us has been pretty impersonal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Come prepared with a list of questions. Ask them all. If you think that he has not read your notes, also come with a medical history to go through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols William Schoolcraft used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
PREP: Metformin, Acai trial (90 days) STIM: Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Dexamethasone TRIGGER: Lupron, HCG (Pregnyl)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff was very helpful and compassionate. There were some issues with miscommunication, but in general we are very happy with the team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has built a great reputation for itself, and I see why. It's clean, efficient, and comfortable to be a patient there. However, as I stated before, you have to be prepared to be your own advocate—some things can fall through the cracks with a large operation, like test orders and details about your protocol. For example, one time I went for a monitoring ultrasound as part of my IVF stim protocol, and the technician thought that I was pregnant (always a fun one to explain). Oh, it's also insanely expensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado.
very expensive, ~$35,000-$40,000 including the tests we had to re-take at CCRM before being accepted as patients. We had had the tests done at another clinic and they won't accept those results.
Describe William Schoolcraft's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
we didn't get there, but he made it clear he wanted to only transfer one embryo

Treated 2020
This clinic [CCRM Colorado] is a one stop treatment center. You go for about 5-6 hours and do all your initial diagnostic work-ups all in one building. When you first arrive, you have to sit through an orientation, which was interesting. Then, you start doing tests, everything from blood-work to hysteroscopy to ultrasounds of your ovaries. My partner also did semen analysis and blood-work. Every single lab technician was highly professional. My one complaint was you also to meet with a financial coordinator. In our case, that person seemed uninformed about what our insurances cover and don't cover despite having information from us before our visit.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft has devised a very particular treatment plan for me. I am 46 years old. Although I froze eggs over 6 years ago, I know that that does not guarantee a healthy pregnancy. I came to Dr. Schoolcraft after being treated like a number by the clinic that did my egg retrieval. It's a huge cost and emotional investment to travel to Colorado to do this treatment. But from the first instance of talking to Dr. Schoolcraft, I felt treated with such dignity and compassion. Dr. Schoolcraft has been honest and direct about my chances of IVF working. He is going to do one round, but he believes my frozen eggs represent my best chance. I have tremendous anxiety about that process but Dr. Schoolcraft both explained completely how his lab works and then had his chief embryologist speak with me. I talked to her three times on the phone! They both have answered every question. Plus, Dr. Schoolcraft has put me on a regime of daily supplements and developed a very specific drug protocol for when I start IVF. I have absolutely no doubt that he will give me the best treatment tailored specifically to me and my needs. He's deeply compassionate, thorough and speaks in very clear and kind manner.
Call him immediately. Do not waste time going to clinics where you can't get a doctor on the phone. Set up a phone consultation if you have concerns about traveling to Colorado. Just 2 minutes into your call you will be convinced.
Dr. Schoolcraft has been a wonderful physician to both my partner and I. We came to him after feeling frustrated with the factory-life feel of the clinic where I had frozen eggs over five years ago. A friend had recommended Dr. Schoolcraft, who helped her have a baby after multiple miscarriages. We initially spoke with Dr. Schoolcraft over the phone. He was extremely reassuring that we had options despite my advanced age and that his lab could work with the frozen eggs. The idea of traveling to Colorado from New York was extremely daunting (both financially and psychology), but we decided to go there in February for an initial intake and diagnostic consultation. Our treatment by Dr. Schoolcraft and his colleagues at CCRM was unbelievable. He was direct about the obstacles of doing a fresh round of IVF, but consulted us to try at least once and at the same time to have my frozen eggs shipped to his lab. We spoke directly with the head embyrologist, who explained the exact process she would use and reassured us that my eggs would be safe. Every nurse and technician who performed lab and other tests on us were warm, professional and highly informative. After that intake, I have spoke several other times with Dr. Schoolcraft. He responds quickly by phone and spends copious amounts of time with me. He is has fast-tracked me to start treatment as soon as possible, and I feel extremely confident that if anyone can help me be a mother it is him. I realize that my chances are complicated because of my age, but I believe that Dr. Schoolcraft and CCRM will do their best to work with the frozen eggs I have and give me a protocol for IVF that will generate the possible chance. Most of all, they are so supportive and available, I feel that I am not a number, but a human who they care about.
We haven't started a protocol yet, but the plan is to begin with a testosterone gel applied every morning and an Estrace 2mg tablet by mouth twice daily. After about two weeks, I start Prometrium at 200mg twice a day. On cycle day 21, I start a testosterone patch, which I do daily for 5 days. At the start of my next cycle, I start stimulation medications, which includes Menopur, Gonal-F/Follistin and Clomid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tara Wells)
Tara has been absolutely terrific. She worked with us the day we did our diagnostic work and walked us through all aspects of the treatment. Since our visit to Colorado, she responds quickly to phone or email questions. When she is unavailable one of her colleagues calls back to give an update or take a question to relay to her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This clinic is a one stop treatment center. You go for about 5-6 hours and do all your initial diagnostic work-ups all in one building. When you first arrive, you have to sit through an orientation, which was interesting. Then, you start doing tests, everything from blood-work to hysteroscopy to ultrasounds of your ovaries. My partner also did semen analysis and blood-work. Every single lab technician was highly professional. My one complaint was you also to meet with a financial coordinator. In our case, that person seemed uninformed about what our insurances cover and don't cover despite having information from us before our visit. She sent us on a wild goose chase to try to get better coverage from my insurance that was never going to happen.
The costs are projected to cost about $12,000 for one cycle, which will also include working with my frozen eggs. We are doing to do both IVF and try to fertilize the frozen eggs.
Dr. Schoolcraft promotes elective single embryo transfer.
Lone Tree
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred)... He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions... As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
When speaking with Dr. Schoolcraft during my initial phone consult, he was direct with his feedback and provided information that my previous clinic had failed to give me despite asking multiple times (example: quality of embryos transferred). My previous doctor said "the embryos looked good" vs. Dr. Schoolcraft stating the transferred embryos were "wonky" and didn't appear to be the best quality. When meeting during our follow up appointment at the one day workup, he demonstrated an understanding of my infertility history and provided thoughtful comments in response to my decision to move forward with an egg donor cycle given my severe diminished ovarian reserve/ high FSH diagnosis.
Be prepared to ask questions about your case and proposed treatment. He is willing to take the time to answer any questions that you have which I really appreciated. Given my multiple failed IVF cycles at a previous clinic I was clear that we needed a more pro-active approach and that we could not and did not want a "cookie cutter" treatment plan. He immediately explained that most of the people that come to him have multiple failed cycles elsewhere and he realizes that he has one shot with these patients. He reiterated that his goals are aligned with mine.
Everyone at CCRM was extremely personable and took the time to make me feel welcome, comfortable and explain what it was they were doing/looking at (when doing ultrasounds and/or procedures. I never felt that any of the nurses, technicians or Dr. Schoolcraft were in a rush to move on to the next patient or too busy to answer my questions. By the end of my one day workup, all of the front desk employees knew me on a first name basis, greeted me with a smile, etc.
N/A- I am awaiting a donor egg cycle at this time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
I have been given a dedicated nurse while I am a patient at CCRM as well as a dedicated back up nurse which is greatly appreciated. At my previous clinic, I spoke and met with a different nurse each time I was called for IVF instructions or Day 2/3 IVF monitoring. My nurses at CCRM have been extremely kind and never make me feel like I am bothering them. They are extremely knowledgeable, communicate clearly and return calls/emails in a timely manner. Overall, it has been a great experience thus far.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM-Lone Tree is very organized and well run. As an out of state patient, I was very concerned how the process would work given all of the logistics. They provide all necessary information such as hotels in the area, car rentals, etc for out of state patients which is appreciated. In terms of the actual care, they provide an IVF class to walk you through the process, things to be aware of, potential risks as well as preparation and expected timelines. They provide a binder with all important information, check lists and resources for patients so that you can easily refer back to the information at a later date. In my experience, the clinic ran appointments on time, I was always greeted with a smile and the environment had a peaceful feel. The business office checks all insurance benefits and is prepared to discuss the financials during the one day workup. I really can't say anything negative at this point in time.
The clinic and doctor did say that they prefer to transfer one embryo at a time. I'm sure there are instances and cases where other guidelines would apply. I did not press this point given we will be doing CCS testing.
Treated 2018 - 2019
he [Dr. Schoolcraft] lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming...each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all...Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not.
Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered [at CCRM Colorado] is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE...When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit...Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always stat
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Hearing and reading about Dr. Schoolcraft I knew what to expect when meeting with him. He is pretty stone faced and his demeanor is intimidating in that sense because for me personally, I am always seeking compassion and tenderness from my doctors especially in this particular field of work. He is a man of few words and his answers are brief, but he does radiate this confidence that really made me believe that HE will be the one to make my & my husband's parenthood dreams a reality. I must say that Dr. Schoolcraft did surprise me a bit at our first transfer when was very lighthearted and made a joke before the transfer. It really did calm the room, gave us all a laugh and put me more at ease. What was even more surprising was that at our second transfer to our surrogate (which my husband and I did not attend) he made another comment to her that was silly and out of character and put her at ease. I loved hearing that from our surrogate and that she definitely never saw the cut/dry personality he could possess.
Always be prepared with questions and follow up questions. He likely will not initiate the conversations with you.
Living out of state, each time my husband and I had a regroup call with Dr. Schoolcraft we often felt that he was not looking at our file or paperwork. There were times where we did not think that he was focused on us at all. This is QUITE the contrary from a majority of the nurses we've encountered - both in the IVF and third party (surrogacy) departments. Conversations with the doctor were generally very frustrating because I always expected more of a personal component or compassion - and that he is not. However, the clinic and lab are extraordinary so once I had first hand experience of how the phone conversations would go with the doctor, I learned to ask most of my questions to my nurses.
As this relates to my courses of treatment, I'll start this by informing the reader that I do not get a period and I do not have a uterus. My first cycle was very similar to the cycle outlined below with the exception that I started taking Follistim 300mg for about 3 days prior to having my doses lowered. For this first cycle another doctor did my retrieval because Schoolcraft was out of town. Some of my eggs had to be removed abdominally which in my other two previous cycles at another clinic was never necessary. For my second cycle (which I am about to start priming for next week) he lowered my doses of Follistim at the onset from 300 to 150 units because of how active my eggs became initially in our previous cycle. This cycle is extended estrogen priming - antagonist using Estrace 2mg and Prometrium 200mg. Then moving on to 2 vials of menopur in the morning, 150 units Follistim + Clomid 100mg + Dexamethasone in the evening.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna, Katie (GC nurses) and Ellie (IVF nurse))
I cannot communicate enough good things about Dr. Schoolcraft's nursing staff. Each and every nurse my husband and I encountered is incredibly responsive, thoughtful in their communication, thorough in explaining things and COMPASSIONATE. My IVF nurse prefers to correspond through the clinic's portal and though her answers are generally short and to the point - I never feel like I am needing more from her. The third party nurses are on another level of excellence. They will always get on the phone to talk, always send emails directly to my email address and I NEVER feel like I am out of line or bothering them or annoying. They are the ABSOLUTE BEST. And when I get frustrated with Dr. Schoolcraft because he doesn't give any of that, the girls compensate wholeheartedly in their jobs. You MUST request to work with Shawna or Katie if you need a third party nurse at CCRM. Earlier this year we lost our first pregnancy at 13 weeks. Our surrogate was carrying our first little baby and was incredibly sick throughout the pregnancy. Our care was discontinued with CCRM after 10 weeks of pregnancy, you actually get a congratulations email and "graduate" and even though that was the case that we were no longer under their care, they still helped me tirelessly answering questions, navigating next steps, and supporting me and my husband. I have so much love for Shawna and Katie. Our surrogate is pregnant again and while we are still very early in the process (past the 11 week mark now) Shawna and Katie have been overly compassionate, logical, and true heroes this time around. Everything that I have asked for (repeating tests, sending orders for extra tests, asking personal opinions), they have been PATIENT and kind and just very open and warm to me and my husband. There is no way that we could navigate this process, mentally or emotionally without them on our team.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM operates like a well oiled machine. When my husband and I first stepped foot into the clinic for our one day workup we were beyond impressed. The level of organization and efficiency is incredible. Schedules are organized and all you have to do is show up and go where you are told at the time you are instructed. Each individual at the front desks is prepared and organized and answers questions or directs you to the appropriate place. This is true over the phone as well. I always speak with a knowledgeable staff member and never get frustrated or wish I was dealing with one particular person. The clinic is consistent in this way, and really hires top notch people for the front office and of course their nursing staff in stellar. When you call, always state your name and birthdate! This helps the staff and also allows you to get to the right person quicker.
Since my husband and I traveled to Denver from out of state we incurred additional expenses related to airfare, car rentals, accommodations, etc. When you visit for your 1 day workup at CCRM, you provide a $1K deposit. We paid out of pocket for all of our blood work and ultrasounds during that one day workup totaling about $3K. Genetic testing screenings provided by the clinic were $350/person. Cycle payment including anesthesia $6,286 Lab fees including genetic testing $12,831 Abdominal retrieval (additional charge) $623 Shipping kit for blood workups for out of state was $110 each time.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly believed in implanting ONE embryo. Our surrogate also preferred that in her contract. And, at the time we transferred my embryos were created when I was 35 and my husband 33.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
At one point Shawna (our third party nurse) was out on maternity leave and the office must have been very busy and overwhelmed initially. One of the other nurses who may be an assistant or someone I never deal with sent an email to me referencing the wrong surrogate and indicating that she started her period - which was out of left field especially considering the stage we were in. I of course got alarmed when I read the message. And immediately checked in with our carrier to make sure this wasn't true. It was just carelessness which I understand happens but in sensitive situations that fertility clinics encounter 24/7 you need to pay extra attention when communicating to patients. My husband and I ended up having a discussion with the Business Manager who listened to our concerns and was very open about the need to correct them.
Denver
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before....He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach....He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH.
My experience with the clinic [CCRM] has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person.... There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Schoolcraft is extremely knowledgeable about all things fertility. He had information and answers for my husband and I that no other doctor had given us before. We learned more from him in our consultation than we had from our two previous fertility doctors combined. He is not always the best communicator and I have a lot more contact with my nurse at his office, but he does have good bedside manor and you can tell he is thoughtful in his approach. My only complaint is that he can sometimes put the decisions on me when I need him to guide me as he is the expert. When this happens, I have to ask my nurse to push him for his recommendation. I also have to advocate for myself. I brought up this calcium solution for my embryos and we ended up using it and it was extremely helpful. That was not something that he mentioned to me, but I had heard about it from a Imfertility support group and asked him about it. I have to make sure to have my questions planned out when I see him because he typically expects me to lead the conversation. He is fairly quiet and our meetings are me asking questions and him giving answers.
That you should have all of your questions prepared when you see him so you can get the most out of your time with him.
Everyone in his office was genuine, friendly, knowledgable and caring. We were never made to feel bad for asking questions and we never felt rushed. We were given the opportunity to meet with Dr. Schoolcraft every step of the process for IVF.
So far, I have done one IVF cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft.He put me on what he said was his strongest protocol available since I am a poor responder and have lower egg reserve and elevated FSH. He also recommended a clinical trial for me to take an açai supplement three times a day for three months prior to my IVF cycle to help improve egg quality and quantity. I did a priming cycle with estrogen prior to my IVF cycle. My actual IVF cycle consisted of menopur in the morning and gonal f, chlomid and Dexamethasone in the evening for two and a half weeks. When my egg retrieval was closer, I started on certotide once daily in the morning as well. I had 11 resting follicles at the time of my work up in December, but only four follicles in March when I started my IVF cycle. Three of the follicles grew and they were able to get two eggs from my egg retrieval. One egg was mature and the other one matured the next day. Both fertilized normally and amazingly, we got one PGS normal embryo from the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
My nurse has been very good about getting back to me quickly with answers, making sure I have all the information I need and collaborating with the doctor when needed. She made a couple of logistical errors by sending orders to the wrong local fertility clinic and sending the wrong prescriptions to the pharmacy. I had to go back and have her fix her mistakes a couple of times at the beginning of my cycle, but she has been wonderful ever since. She leaves me detailed voicemails and emails answering my questions which is very nice. She has never made me feel bad about asking a lot of questions unlike my previous nurses. She is not the most compassionate person but she’s good at her job and that’s what matters most to me. Every person that I have come in contact with at that fertility center has been warm, friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable. It is a well-oiled machine over there and their lab is truly amazing.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
My experience with the clinic has been extremely positive and far superior to anything I’ve experienced at my two previous fertility centers. They are very organized and everyone you talk to is knowledgeable enough to answer your questions or get you to the right person. Every person I have come into contact with there has been extremely helpful and caring. Even the ultrasound techs go above and beyond by explaining every step of the ultrasound and everything you’re looking at. That has been extremely comforting to me as I like to know as much information as possible. Before you leave an appointment they always make sure you meet with your nurse to go over results and next steps and order any prescriptions you may need. At my initial consultation, they included a meeting with a genetic counselor and a psychologist who specializes in fertility. They have everyone in the same building and working for the same cause. Their lab is also state of the art and people come from all over the world to have treatment there. They are great at working with patients out of state like me.
The cost of our IVF cycle was more expensive than at our previous two fertility centers. The IVF cycle in total cost around 26,000 not including medications. I did not qualify for a bundle package with a refund if we were not successful, because I have had failed IVF attempts previously.
I have told my doctor that I am only comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer and he agrees that given my health situation, that is probably the best way to go for me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
There was a time when I gave my medication inventory to my nurse and she was supposed to order my medications and she ended up sending the wrong orders. Another time she sent my blood work and ultrasound orders to the wrong fertility clinic. Another time she did not send the orders to the fertility clinic and when I got there they wouldn’t see me for my appointment. Since then, I make sure to get a copy of the order every time just in case the clinic does not receive their fax. I do some of my visits at my local fertility center and then I go to Denver, Colorado for the couple of weeks leading up to my egg retrieval.
Lone Tree
[Dr. Schoolcraft] recommends single embryo transfer...He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted...He is direct and very obviously knowledgeable. He specializes in the tough cases and was able to answer my questions. Others have pushed aside my questions and he thouroughly answered me. He let me know that a round of IVF would likely not result in more than one baby and I should accept that, however he thinks he and his clinic can help me get that one.
I enjoyed the clinic [CCRM Colorado]. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Be prepared with questions. He does not explain the whole process. If you come prepared he will be a great resource for answers. He is very direct but also compassionate. I’ve heard from other reviews that he is harsh, so when he told me I had a chance I took that. Tour appointment will be only as long as you make it. If you have no questions, your visit will be very short.
Dr. Schoolcraft remembered our phone consult conversation when we met in person. During our appointment he was there for us as long as we needed. He was fully present and did not rush us as we thought of questions. He is definitely busy so I don’t expect him to know all about us. But saying we are not a difficult case for him gave me comfort. He also understood my concerns on certain pieces like being afraid of freezing and made his suggestions but said he would ultimately do what I wanted.
I am just about to start priming for my 1st cycle with Dr. Schoolcraft (3rd overall). I am priming with estradiol patches and ganirelix for the first time because I have a low AMH and AFC. My stim protocol will include HGH for 10 days (because I did use HGH my last round), microdose lupron, 150 menopur, 300 follistim, and dexamethasone. I will follow up with the results. This will be my first time using dexamethasone in a stim cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura )
I met the nurse at the one day workup and the rest was brief messages on the patient portal. She did answer any questions I have had.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. There is an orientation that really clears everything up and sets you up during the day. The technology like the 3D ultrasound was more andvanced than my first clinic. They provide lunch for you during your day there. It is a very well oiled machine. The one area I wish I had more clarity ahead of time was the finance department. We had to decide if we would pay right then and there at a discount or have the choice to file with insurance but then we would lose the option of the paid full discount. I wish I had all the codes ahead of time to figure out what was the cheaper option. We paid in full at that moment
Phone consult-$325 One day workup- $3540 Retrieval,IVF,CCS,Transfer-$24458
The doctor recommends single embryo transfer and I agree. I’m a small person and twins would be very dangerous. also, CCRM does assisted hatching which slightly increases chance of identical twins

Treated 2017 - 2019
For how successful he [Dr. Schoolcraft] is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout.... I also like how organized the clinic [CCRM] is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
For how successful he is, he is actually pretty easy to get a phone call with if needed. I also was able to meet with him before my egg retrieval. Looking back, I wish I was more adamant to make additional appointments to make sure we were on track. For my 3rd egg retrieval my LH level went sky-high when I was stimming (LH was 18). The nurse prescribed my cetrotide, but I always wondered if they affected my eggs because that cycle was kind of a bust. I also had a cyst that cycle and looking back, wish I would have waited until it went away, but Schoolcraft said it wasn't an issue. Overall, there is not much I can do with poor egg quality, but Schoolcraft is always willing to keep trying and tinkering with different protocols. He was also present for my one egg transfer.
The one piece of advice is to come prepared with your questions and learn your chart. Ask him if there are different protocols you could try. He also can prescribe supplements, medications, or even trials that he is working on.
As an out of town patient, communicating is key. I believe that overall, Dr. Schoolcraft and his team did their best to communicate with me throughout. I also never really had to wait very long for monitoring, which was nice. The staff was also very friendly and prompt with any phone calls I made to the facility.
The first cycle I did a standard protocol antagonist I believe it is called. The second two cycles I did a long lupron protocol. I also added the ova health, CoQ10, and omega 3s to my regime. Although I got less eggs, I did get a normal CCS tested egg (the previous cycle I got two abnormal CCS tested eggs). The transfer was a frozen transfer a few months later. Very standard.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
Everyone was very nice. If I had a question, usually someone would respond within a few hours.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
One major strength is its Lab. I know quite a few people who have come to this clinic and left with a baby. I have cycled in other locations and have gotten zero day 5 normal embryos. At CCRM I have had 4 day 5 embryos, but only one normal. However, due to my low quality that is better than zero. They have to be doing something right in the lab. I also like how organized the clinic is. Whenever I am the building I feel taken care of and someone is guiding me somewhere. The nurses in the egg retrieval room are especially nice! One major weakness: I wish they would give me daily updates on my blood work and ultrasound information. They usually would just say everything looks good.
With everything you are going to spend around $50,000 with travel expenses per cycle. However, I think for egg retrieval and transfer it was around $25,000 not including meds or outside monitoring.
We only had one normal CCS tested egg so we transferred the only egg.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward...For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid"...in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
We just love Dr. Schoolcraft. He is so trusting because he is blunt. He doesn't sugarcoat anything, which we appreciate. He is very intelligent and has been doing this forever. He is very kind and down to earth. He is very diligent and informative. He also lets you talk and ask all the questions you need to. We have felt very comfortable with him during a process that can be tough.
I would advise them to go to him. Put all your trust in him and CCRM.
Everything from Dr. Schoolcraft was very personal. When he sat in with you on consultation or called for an update he cared. He asked other questions about us as a couple to get to know us. When we had an unfortunate situation, our embryo didn't survive the thawing process, he could not have been more caring. He came to the room to give us condolences but was also very positive for our treatment plan moving forward.
We went to Dr. Schoolcraft after we had tried 3 IUI's and 2 FET with another clinic. So our treatment plan with Dr. Schoolcraft was to start with IVF. He ran a ton of test, blood work, genetic screening for both my husband and I and Embryo testing. He also prescribed me lupron depot to help with endometriosis which we had not done before either. They found my prolactin levels to be high so now I am on medicine to lower those. Our genetic screening for my husband and I both came back normal. Our embryo testing found only one of our 5 embryos the chromosome make up to be normal- so after our retrieval we were left with one day 6 embryo to transfer. Unfortunately that embryo didn't survive the thawing process. Here was my protocol- IVF Retrieval- midluteal Estrogen Patch Priming- Antagonist (protocol 3) Vivelle .1 mg patch every other day , Cetrotide/Ganirelix everyday until notified, menopur 2 vials A.M, 150 units Gonal pm + dexamethasone, add in cetrotid/ganirelixe am, trigger Novarel and lupron. IVF FET - Medication - Depot lupron 3.75 mg one month dose prior to start of transfer calendar, Birth control, Leuprolide acetate 2 week kit, estradiol patches .1 mg, low dose aspirin 81-83 mg, endometrin 100 mg, progesterone in oil 50 mg/ml, medrol/methylprednisolone 16 mg, doxycycline 100 mg Vivelle one patch every other day, lupron 5 units daily + Baby aspirin in crease vivelle to two patches every other day, continue increasing up to 4 patched every other day. Stop Lupron. Add Endometrin pm, medrol 16 mg, and docycline for 4 nights. Increase endometrin to twice a day start progesterone in oil 1ml every other day until transfer. After transfer- do not discontinue any medications that have been previously instructed. Unfortunately our embryo didn't survive the thawing process so we didn't really have a chance. We have a regroup with Dr. Schoolcraft not long ago and we are continuing to move forward. We will start coming up here soon. For this next IVF go round he has discussed changing my retreival protocol to protocol 5 "Luteal oral estrogen priming- extended clomid". We will be getting our calendar soon so then we will get an exact calendar.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura K, RN)
Our nurse Laura is amazing. We cannot say enough about her. She is so organized, detailed, compassionate, gets back to us in a timely manor, and makes us feel so important no matter what. Laura along with every other nursing staff at CCRM is just incredible, hands down the best. They are all so professional, caring, punctual, diligent , we can go on and on. They are the best!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We can really only say great things about Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine. From the second you walk in the door, you feel like you are entering a spa not a medical building filled with doom and gloom. The staff at the front desk is so kind and helpful. They out you in a class to go over EVERYTHING you need to know about CCRM, IVF, IUI whatever you may be there for. In this class genetics are discussed as well. At CCRM they also test and test and test you for everything. it may seem redundant if you have already done it, but they did find things in my blood work no one else had mentioned to me. They have a department for everything, and each department is so punctual. They also offer counseling at CCRM , genetic counseling, embryo testing, acupuncture, and they have one of the best embryology labs in the country. everything is under one roof. The only weakness would be the cost, it is more than most clinics but you are paying for the best!
IVF+ CCS+ FET= $22,181.40 Grand Total not including medicine Meds= about $6,000
Dr. Schoolcraft, in our particular case strongly recommended to transfer just one. We did only end up with one healthy embryo so we didn't have much of an option. We will find out what he thinks moving forward after our next retrieval.
Treated 2017 - 2019
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s [with Dr. Schoolcraft]- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better...I loved that Dr was supportive of us only transplanting 1 embryo. He explained both scenarios - options- very thoroughly...At first bedside manner was lacking- felt cold. By second retrieval he had warmed up and became very positive about our chances and situation.
Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest [at CCRM Colorado]. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Bedside manner needed a little work- didn’t feel special at first- but then he absolutely went above and beyond when I had issues with nursing and finance office as we progressed through treatments. He even gave me his personal cell and reached out intermittently to check in.
Understand that you need to advocate for yourself and be just as blunt as Dr Schoolcraft
Essentially same protocol for both egg retrieval’s- he did up the medication for second protocol to “jump start” and then tapered off which worked better
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tonie Patrick)
Nurse originally assigned seemed lost and clueless- treated like number. Then after discussion with Dr Schoolcraft, I was assigned to Tonie Patrick and she was amazing and incredible. Very knowledgeable, professional and compassionate- a real gem.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strength- doctors. Knowledge and proven track record. Nursing manager and classes and materials are very comprehensive and easy to digest. Genetic screening and that process is very comprehensive. Surgery suites are ran very well- nurses are awesome. Very clean facilities. Weakness- finance office. It’s a battle whether you don’t have their approved insurance carrier or whether you do. Treated like a number- badger you for money but terrible to return refunds to you.
$24 each retrieval/transfer if no insurance- we paid $8k for drugs and $15k for 2 retrieval’s/transfers after insurance claims
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
She [nurse at CCRM Colorado] spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is compassionate and kind. He has a good bedside manner. I just wish we went over more options to help me. He pushed donor egg more than once and I told him the reason I was there was so I would not have to use donor egg. He was not available at every visit and he did not do any of my egg retrieval’s. With the amount of money I paid, I feel I could have gotten the same treatment in my home town.
You will not be seeing him often or have him retrieve your eggs. You can save a lot of money be going to a clinic near you because the treatment he will offer is nothing spectacular or special to Ccrm.
He has a very kind and compassionate bedside manner but he was not available at every visit. He was also not involved in my egg retrieval’s. I spoke more to his nurse and I was not at all happy with the care I got from his nurse.
He did mini ivf and then regular ivf with injections. It didn’t work. I recently heard about growth hormone which is supposed to work very well for women with low amh and poor egg quality, which is my situation but that was never offered to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele)
She spoke to us as if we knew all about IVF. She did not explain things very well and my husband and I often felt lost after her half explanations. We also had a gap of 4 months before we started treatment and she never mentioned to start coq10 or vitamin d or folate while I waited. She was not very helpful or compassionate and I don’t recommend her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I have heard alot about the CCRM lab and that they were the best lab in the country. This is one of the reasons why I went there. And why I was told their prices was worth it. Well unfortunately, I had no results on my embryo. They did not get a good enough sample to send. Now, I have to go through the stress and anxiety of implanting an embryo I have no idea is normal.
If I remember correctly it was about 18-22 thousand a cycle. Depends on whether I was getting PGS testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
It would have been ideal to have gotten information from the nurse about what could help improve ivf outcomes. Any little information is very welcome especially to couples that are desperate to conceive. So many have told me acupuncture and certain vitamins can help. I had a gap of 4 months before starting treatment. Had I started on these vitamins and acupuncture it may have helped the results. It may also not have helped at all but at least I wouldn’t be thinking “what if “ or I wish I tried that.
Lone Tree
At times when speaking with Dr. S [Schoolcraft] it was clear he had no clue who we were...but that was ok. ... His bedside manner is lacking... He is a man of few words and I'm still getting used to that ...One of the big differences I noticed is that he changed the dosage throughout the cycle more often than my first clinic. That attention to detail was much appreciated and I also think helped get such great results.
This is a world class clinic. I've had an amazing experience with every team I've encountered, including the billing department! That said, it's always important for the patient to be on top of every aspect of treatment, details and bills. ... Shawna has been amazing as we navigate this new clinic. Everything has been communicated in a timely manner and she answers any and all questions quickly!
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
I'm used to a RE who has amazing bedside manner and I connected with on a personal level. It was a drastic change going from that to Dr.S's style. His bedside manner is lacking, but I think it's just because he a genius and a little socially awkward. He is a man of few words and I'm still getting used to that when we have our debriefs, but at the end of the day I've seen better results with him than my previous clinic and that's what matters. I trust his decisions about my cycles because I'm confident he is one of the leading dr.'s in the industry. That makes me sleep better at night and our results are proof of that.
Be prepared to come to meetings with a list of questions or concerns. He does much better with that than informal conversation. If you are looking for a dr. that will hold your hand that is not him (lean on your nurses for that). Lastly, trust him even if it feels scary to you.
Since it's one of the largest clinics in the US I think you have to go into the process knowing there might be small moments of feeling like a number. That should not scare you from working with this clinic. I'm not sure how they make it all work, but most of the time I felt like I was treated like a human. My nurse and the rest of the staff did an amazing job at that. At times when speaking with Dr. S it was clear he had no clue who we were...but that was ok.
Overall, he used the same protocol from my previous cycles, with slightly lower doses and minor tweaks (ex: doing stims in the morning and night vs. just the evening). One of the big differences I noticed is that he changed the dosage throughout the cycle more often than my first clinic. That attention to detail was much appreciated and I also think helped get such great results. BC priming, menopur (2X in the am), Follistim (75-150 units pending blood work), dexamthesone pill at night (new for me) and lupron trigger twice before retrieval (also new for me). We got better results with less drugs vs. my previous clinic. Note results below includes PGS testing Cycle 1: 20 eggs retrieved/14 mature/11 fertilized/10 sent for testing/5 frozen Cycle 2: 14 eggs retrieves/ 10 mature/9 fertilized/6 sent to testing/5 frozen
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Shawna)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
We had to do PGS/CCS + PGD so our costs are higher than most. Each cycle was ~$20k with testing.
We have not made it to transfer yet, but since we will be using a gestational carrier I think he will recommend single embryo transfer.
Lone Tree

Dr Schoolcraft was nice, patient, and gave enough time to answer all of our questions. He believes in finding a solution to our situation and genuinely wants to help. Dr Schoolcraft was on site almost daily and was able to look over my daily lab results. Though he did not perform the surgery, I had a great experience. ... He had a nice demeanor in our consultations. Allowed us to ask questions and I never felt rushed. He did mention my husband when he was not present as well he created rappor with us.
Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses [at CCRM Colorado] were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently. ... The nursing staff was great! Everything from the front to back end was efficient and smooth. I found the lab technicians and nurses all to be up beat and compassionate.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Ask all of your questions and be sure to be clear of your options before starting.
I was administered oral and injections for my stimulation medication. All resulted in a great outcome during the stimulation. I did need to stun for a few extra days but we did retrieve more eggs than expected. After finding out in the lab that none of my fertilized eggs matured, the re group determined he would recommend if proceeding the same way, a different medication protocol. Other options were discussed with donor eggs as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Alex)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I enjoyed the clinic. All of our scheduled appointments ran on time and smooth. Communication via international patient was easily communicated and clear. Nurses were available via phone daily and all staff was friendly and helpful. The clinic itself was very clean and organized. Surgery was handled smoothly and confidently.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
These were booked first thing in the morning and all appointments were handled quickly and smoothly.
Costs were between 25-35k including meds for IVF, ICSI and genetic testing
Lone Tree
He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] tailored our conversations to discuss our issues. Although we have only met with him twice...He is honest and has a very well run clinic...We got a lot of reading materials to take home that told us everything we needed to know and expect...I feel like they really know our case there, even if we don’t interact much with Dr. Schoolcraft...We did a mock cycle that involved estradiol patches and additional estrogen and now I am just starting the cycle for the transfer. For the mock cycle my lining did get thick enough (I did monitoring through Emory)! For the transfer cycle, there are no results to report.
[CCRM Colorado is] Very organized. The portal takes you only to Dr. schoolcraft’s nurses. I also have their direct phone extensions. So when I call or email I know who to address it to and/or who I am going to talk to. That is reassuring. I don’t need to reexplain my case and they know me... The financial counseling has been the most confusing part of our treatment because we got a couple of conflicting stories about what was covered and what wasn’t.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is honest and has a very well run clinic. The main selling point is how organized they are. We got a lot of reading materials to take home that told us everything we needed to know and expect. Also we have direct access to the same nurses all the time to respond to questions so I feel like they really know our case there, even if we don’t interact much with Dr. Schoolcraft.
You may not get to talk to him much, but his nurses are too rate and you will feel like they really know your case.
He tailored our conversations to discuss our issues. Although we have only met with him twice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl and Helen)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very organized. It is a bit more expensive, but with the higher success rates and the quality of the care you get I think it’s worth the additional cost. Especially if we only have to one cycle (fingers crossed). If you are out of state like me you have to do your monitoring at a local clinic, which does require me to follow-up and be sure that clinic sends the info and the other receives it. That can be a pain. Especially if your local clinic isn’t invested in you as a patient.
We haven’t paid for everything yet. So far most was covered by insurance or from our HSA. The clinic is in network for me but the lab is out of network. The financial counseling has been the most confusing part of our treatment because we got a couple of conflicting stories about what was covered and what wasn’t.
They are very strict about only transferring one embryo if you have high quality embryos. If they are not of high quality they may transfer two, but they make it clear that is not the norm.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
The conflicting information came from the finance department. My work insurance is a bit complicated
Treated 2016 - 2019
The strategy [with Dr. Schoolcraft] was aggressive and I produced too many eggs the first time. I had mild OHSS for the first of three back to back retrievals. My treatment was adjusted subsequent times to ensure I did not get OHSS during the other retrievals...Dr Schoolcraft originally wanted me to transfer two, but felt confident that If I wanted to transfer one, that my chances would still be very good. I had a successful transfer and gave birth to a healthy girl in May 2019.
[CCRM Colorqado is] A beautiful facility...As spa-like as a doctor’s clinic could be...This aided in the way I felt about treatment. It made me feel really comfortable. The one con is the business office...they made a bunch of mistakes on the billing side that needed to be remedied after the fact...Most of my contact was with the nursing staff and they were great. There was a lot of contact and care and they always responded to questions quickly...
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He’s a genius and his methods are cutting edge and thorough. Rather than do the bare minimum testing a troubleshoot later, I was happy to do all testing upfront. His clinic Is beautiful and comfortable and I always felt confident that success was in reach.
Dr. Schoolcraft is very soft spoken and quiet. Don’t let that throw you. He personalizes everyone’s treatment and while he stays behind the scenes, he is the one ensuring that treatment goes well.
Dr Schoolcraft sees a lot of patients and while he familiarizes himself with my file prior to each visit, I often wondered If he remembered who I was. That said, his bedside manner is very good and I was really happy when he called me to see how I was doing after my positive pregnancy test.
The strategy was aggressive and I produced too many eggs the first time. I had mild OHSS for the first of three back to back retrievals. My treatment was adjusted subsequent times to ensure I did not get OHSS during the other retrievals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Most of my contact was with the nursing staff and they were great. There was a lot of contact and care and they always responded to questions quickly. They made sure all my medications were ordered and when a provider didn’t cover one of the medications, the nurse team made sure to write my prescription in a way to ensure a portion of the particular drug was covered.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A beautiful facility As spa-like as a doctor’s clinic could be This aided in the way I felt about treatment. It made me feel really comfortable. The one con is the business office. They say that their business office takes away from the stress of IVF, but they made a bunch of mistakes on the billing side that needed to be remedied after the fact.
Testing costs Lab costs Retrieval costs Freezing costs Transfer costs
I had my embryos CSS tested and had a lot of normal embryos. Because of this, we decided to transfer 1 embryo. Dr Schoolcraft originally wanted me to transfer two, but felt confident that If I wanted to transfer one, that my chances would still be very good. I had a successful transfer and gave birth to a healthy girl in May 2019.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Colorado.
There was only one issue. It was very minor. I wasn’t informed of my thyroid test results for about a month and it turned out that I was hyperthyroid. I had to delay my transfer to get my thyroid back to a normal level. The transfer ended up being successful and I had a live birth.
Lone Tree
Dr. Schoolcraft is smart and a leader in his field! But you pay dearly for it. I think his methods are very clinical, and they work for a lot of women. Unfortunately, I’m in the small percentage of women who it did not work for. That was hard to accept after spending so much time and money.... we only met Dr. Schoolcraft maybe 3 times (initial consult, egg retrieval, and post-consult). He did not perform the transfer. So in a sense I felt like a number to him, but a human to the rest of the staff!
This place [CCRM] is a well oiled machine. They have patient processing down to a science. They accommodate you and your schedule and everyone is really great to work with. Make sure you understand they do not really venture into “new age” kind of treatment. I’m looking at Reproductive Immunology now and they don’t really buy into that.... All in we spent about $40,000 for one retrieval and one transfer. No insurance coverage and that was with the in state discount. That price is inclusive of the medications which are very expensive. (For both transfer and retrieval probably close to $7,000)
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is smart and a leader in his field! But you pay dearly for it. I think his methods are very clinical, and they work for a lot of women. Unfortunately, I’m in the small percentage of women who it did not work for. That was hard to accept after spending so much time and money. I do think there was some false hope given, but if you’re in the small percentage of women facing recurrent miscarriage, you almost get used to that.
you Have to have your questions ready for him. You also need to speak up and advocate for your own situation because he sees so many women come through his clinic, I think it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle.
CCRM is a well oiled machine! They have great success for many patients, but not for us, yet. Your main communication is with a nurse that is assigned to you. Honestly everyone who works there is great, but we only met Dr. Schoolcraft maybe 3 times (initial consult, egg retrieval, and post-consult). He did not perform the transfer. So in a sense I felt like a number to him, but a human to the rest of the staff!
I already had 4 miscarriages so it was presumed that my eggs were “bad”. So I had an egg retrieval, froze the embryos and then had embryos genetically tested. I had four embryos make the cut. One was transferred and implanted successfully, but I had a miscarriage at 6.5ish weeks. From what I recall, my protocol included Estradiol patches, Lupron, ganirellix, Gonal-f, and novarel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
Everyone is assigned a nurse and she is your primary contact throughout the process. My nurse was/is wonderful and was/is always available! (If she was not in office, an on call nurse was always available)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
This place is a well oiled machine. They have patient processing down to a science. They accommodate you and your schedule and everyone is really great to work with. Make sure you understand they do not really venture into “new age” kind of treatment. I’m looking at Reproductive Immunology now and they don’t really buy into that.
Doctor wanted to transfer only one embryo, but would have done two if I wanted. He said if I were to miscarry I would lose two but if I didn’t the pregnancy risks would be higher with two. Since I miscarried I’m glad I only used one embryo.
Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. ... Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1. ... Added hgh, dexamethasone, and clomid to normal follistim/menopur/cetrotide in order to improve egg maturation and quality. Got 10 eggs as opposed to 5 6 months earlier. Tweaking next cycle in order to address aneupoloidy (sp)?
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff [CCRM Colorado] and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses ... [nurse] Knows her stuff, honest with me, provides advice, and very friendly and compassionate. Never feel rushed and always responds to emails and phone calls promptly
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is not super warm and fuzzy but very smart and tells it like it is. Doesn’t want to waste your money if he doesn’t think you will be successful. In Illinois where I live, clinics often use the insurance mandate for 4 cycles as an atm machine and will go forward whether or not a patient is a candidate for ivf. Schoolcraft absolutely does not.
Request Michelle as your nurse! Also come up with questions ahead of time.
First time out for one day work up my nurse met with me for close to 3 hours. Clinic provides an hour orientation explaining the whole process and how the clinic works. Was able to meet with Schoolcraft (who is very in demand) for about 30 minutes each when in Denver for one day work up (ODWU) and for retrieval. He also personally performed several of the necessary testing procedures and I’ve had several scheduled regroup phone calls since I live out of state. Have had the same nurse the entire time and she has been wonderful
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Chase)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Very well organized, modern, aesthetically pleasing, open and airy feel, super friendly staff and nurses. Never felt like a number or herded through multiple crowded waiting rooms. Can’t think of any weaknesses
Approximately $25k for bundled package including monitoring, retrieval, CCS testing, 1 transfer, all necessary regroups with doctor. Approximately $4k for one day work up
Especially for PGS tested embryos he recommends 1.
Lone Tree
He seems to be specialized in women 40 and over. He gives your options and explained everything in detail. He was very candid with his opinion and easy to talk to. ... I have a low reserve and my previous Dr had me taking 7 shots a day - very aggressive treatment. Dr Schoolcraft has suggested a different treatment, a little less aggressive particularly because of my low reserve. We’re trying to get quality and not quantity at this stage.
They [CCRM Colorado] are very organized and the facility makes you meet with pretty much every department, from finance to a Psychologist. They even provide Accupuncture if needed! They are really thorough in evaluating you and your partners health. They give you a lot of information that you can take home and resources on their site and in the portal
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He seems to be specialized in women 40 and over. He gives your options and explained everything in detail. He was very candid with his opinion and easy to talk to. He was very knowledgeable and really took the time to go through results and give us options. My partner and I felt way more confident compared to the 2 other Drs we’ve seen in the past.
Don’t waste your time with other doctors, see Schoolcraft! Be ready for a very thorough consult and you will also probably learn something new.
The initial consult was very thorough and they did way more testing than any other facility.
We haven’t started yet, but his recommendation is very different to other Drs. I have a low reserve and my previous Dr had me taking 7 shots a day - very aggressive treatment. Dr Schoolcraft has suggested a different treatment, a little less aggressive particularly because of my low reserve. We’re trying to get quality and not quantity at this stage. He’s had some great results in the past with this type of treatment. I haven’t started my treatment yet, but I’m looking forward to it, I have a really good feeling!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Michele )
She is wonderful, friendly and gets back to you very quickly - particular through the portal email systems.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very organized and the facility makes you meet with pretty much every department, from finance to a Psychologist. They even provide Accupuncture if needed! They are really thorough in evaluating you and your partners health. They give you a lot of information that you can take home and resources on their site and in the portal.
We’ve met our deductible and out of pocket and our estimate for payments outside of insurance was approximately $7k
I believe her prefers to do single as more than one can become a higher risk pregnancy. However, he has done multiple in the past.
Lone Tree
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is very smart and knows what he's doing. He was very detailed explaining what he thought about our situation and we are very hopeful. We have only done 1 phone consult and traveled to Denver for the one day work up. We are now in the waiting process for day 3 lab work and then next cycle we will start stims for egg retrieval.... Be prepared with questions and do as much research as possible before your appointments. It will help you understand more because it's a lot of information to take in if you haven't studied up on procedures etc.
It was night and day from other clinics. Every single person at CCRM is so friendly and helpful and positive.... I have not seen any weaknesses yet. As big as they are with as many patients they have, they are amazing! Never waited more than 10 minutes for an appointment, it's really clean and nice. I can't recommend it enough!... He [Dr Schoolcraft] is very smart and knows what he's doing. He was very detailed explaining what he thought about our situation and we are very hopeful. We have only done 1 phone consult and traveled to Denver for the one day work up.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He is very smart and knows what he's doing. He was very detailed explaining what he thought about our situation and we are very hopeful. We have only done 1 phone consult and traveled to Denver for the one day work up. We are now in the waiting process for day 3 lab work and then next cycle we will start stims for egg retrieval.
We have not made it this far yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany )
Extremely patient and understanding and very organized. She helped us feel very comfortable.
As of right now we are looking at around $30,000
We haven't gotten this far yet.
Lone Tree

Weaknesses: He's quiet and reserved so the patient has to lead the conversation and ask questions. ... The nurse coordinator is the main point of contact and treated me like a person. ...Strengths: He seems have a credible reputation due to his experience and stats. We haven't started a cycle yet so I don't have as much info to provide.
Strengths: The lab and doctors have good reputations. Organized and professional. Weaknesses: I'm an out-of-state patient so there are additional travel/shipping costs on top of the higher price point. ... Strengths [nurses]: Organized, warm, and professional. Responsive to voicemails. Weaknesses: She doesn't always specify which day she is out of the office. ... The initial phone consult was $325. The one day work up was almost $3,000.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Strengths: He seems have a credible reputation due to his experience and stats. We haven't started a cycle yet so I don't have as much info to provide. Weaknesses: He's quiet and reserved so the patient has to lead the conversation and ask questions.
Be prepared with questions.
We haven't started a cycle yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Pick)
Strengths: Organized, warm, and professional. Responsive to voicemails. Weaknesses: She doesn't always specify which day she is out of the office. Occasionally, she has not responded to me in the same day, which is the policy if I leave a voicemail before 4 pm MT.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I haven't started a cycle yet. The initial phone consult was $325. The one day work up was almost $3,000. The acai supplement was $25/month.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr.Schoolcraft is honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He never pulled any punches with me, he was always very through and straightforward with me. I never felt like he didn’t care, I always felt like he wanted and would do everything in his power to get us a baby or get us some answers.... He is a knowledgeable doctor who will always give you his medical opinions/advise backed in science and theory. He is a doctor that is very serious about making babies and he will do everything he can to prepare your body for this process.
Cindy [a nurse at CCRM- Colorado] is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr.Schoolcraft is honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He never pulled any punches with me, he was always very through and straightforward with me. I never felt like he didn’t care, I always felt like he wanted and would do everything in his power to get us a baby or get us some answers. That’s all we could ever hope for.
He is a knowledgeable doctor who will always give you his medical opinions/advise backed in science and theory. He is a doctor that is very serious about making babies and he will do everything he can to prepare your body for this process. Listen to him and trust him, he truly has your best interest at heart
Dr.Schoolcraft, his nurses, and the administration treated me with respect. They were all compassionate and concerned about my treatment and about how I was doing. They all know my name, they know who I am. If I needed anything, they all made themself available for me to get things done in an effecient manner. That is something that I hold dear to me, they all treated me very well. No matter what my results end up, I know everyone cared and wants the best for my family.
Estrogen Proming Protocol. Prime with estrogen after ovulation, once cycle day 1 starts, get ultrasound, begin stim meds (gonalf, menopur, clomid and dexamethosone). Ultrasounds and labs daily after 3 rd day of stims
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Cindy is very effecient, compassionate and a great support system to make sure everything gets done. If she would be out, she would be sure to communicate that with us and let us know how to get in contact with another from her team if we needed assistance. So, even when she was not there, she was “THERE” because everyone on her team always knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Clinics strengths are that they are effecient and their lab is probably the best in the USA. They are constantly on the cutting edge of new treatment by constantly educating them self and conducting research on new advances to improve results. Weaknesses are that they do not accept military insurance. Although they do offer a military discount off of services, it is still pretty expensive and it would be nice if they would accept military insurance for disabled veterans like myself. Their lab is the BEST. If you can only do one cycle because of cost, I would say to do that cycle with Ccrm. If you can not afford to cycle with them, I would suggest that you at least get your workup done at ccrm because they are the most through clinic that I have ever been with
$30,000 for fertility workup and ivf with genetic testing
Because I am advanced maternal age, I didn’t really feel as if I wanted to get all of the embryos tested, I really wanted to do a fresh transfer of 4 embryos because most of them Would be abnormal. However, Dr.Schoolcraft was adamant that we can put no more than two. He really only wanted to transfer one but we pushed because we are older and didn’t want to waste as much time between transfer if it did not take. He heard our pleas and allowed 2

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Schoolcraft] is very knowledgeable and experienced. I describe him as the "Dr. House" of infertility. He took my complicated case of unexplained poor egg quality and turned it into something positive. I took supplements prior to my IVF cycle, and I believe this changed everything about my outcome. After two previously failed cycles at another clinic, I was shocked that I was able to freeze 11 embryos because of Dr. Schoolcraft. After PGS testing, 8 came back chromosomally normal.
The clinic is super organized. I never had to wait longer than 15 minutes for an appointment, blood work, or ultrasound. I have never seen another clinic function as well as CCRM. Although I had to travel out of state, it was worth it to receive the care that I did...I was on the Luteal Oral Estrogen Priming-Extended Clomid Antagonist Protocol. This is the most aggressive protocol that Dr. Schoolcraft uses. Since I had two previously failed cycles at another clinic, Dr. Schoolcraft chose this protocol to give me the best chance possible to create many healthy eggs.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Schoolcraft is amazing! He is very knowledgeable and experienced. I describe him as the "Dr. House" of infertility. He took my complicated case of unexplained poor egg quality and turned it into something positive. I took supplements prior to my IVF cycle, and I believe this changed everything about my outcome. After two previously failed cycles at another clinic, I was shocked that I was able to freeze 11 embryos because of Dr. Schoolcraft. After PGS testing, 8 came back chromosomally normal. Because of the likelihood of me having twins due to my age (29), we transferred one healthy baby boy embryo. To my surprise, I became pregnant, and I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with a healthy, growing baby. Dr. Schoolcraft was never surprised with any of my outcomes. He had faith and confidence from the beginning that I would be able to become pregnant using my own eggs. I am so grateful for his expertise, care, and guidance!
I would advise a prospective patient to fully let go and trust Dr. Schoolcraft. He knows what he is doing.
Dr. Schoolcraft and his team were super knowledgeable and encouraging during my IVF cycle. After 2 failed attempts at another clinic, I was very nervous about undergoing a 3rd round of IVF. CCRM helped me every step of the way.
I was on the Luteal Oral Estrogen Priming-Extended Clomid Antagonist Protocol. This is the most aggressive protocol that Dr. Schoolcraft uses. Since I had two previously failed cycles at another clinic, Dr. Schoolcraft chose this protocol to give me the best chance possible to create many healthy eggs. We retrieved 19 eggs, 17 were mature, 11 made it to freeze, and 8 came back chromosomally normal (PGS testing). I began taking Estrace 2 days after my LH surge, and I took 2 vials of Menopur, 300 units of Gonal-F, 200 mg of Clomid, and Dexamethasone every day. I stimmed for 10 days. I took Novarel and Lupron for my trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Erin is so nice and caring! She answered all of my (many) questions quickly and simply. She is fantastic!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Dr. Schoolcraft strongly suggested that we only transfer one single embryo. We agreed that multiples was risky.
Treated 2018 - 2019
The is thoughtful of my particular case and willing to hear what I want as well. He [Dr. William Schoolcraft] is caring about the results and very hopeful as if I feel he is 100% on my team. From the first phone consult, I felt very connected to him and I never felt rushed in saying what I needed to say to him.... Dr. Schoolcraft has been very compassionate and caring
The lab is amazing [at CCRM-Lone Tree]. The CCS testing is right there on site so the embryos do not have to be shipped. The surgery center is at theLone Tree office so you get very familiar with the procedures and flow of the clinic. There is a peaceful place to sit and a refreshment bar for your partner and pretty places to walk about to campus/neighborhood... Everything went fine. But you have to stay on top off your orders, paperwork, outside monitoring faxes to help them run their clinic best. Just remember, you are the patient and to be your best advocate. CCRM does an amazing job handing lots of information and assimilating it for it to be as easy on you as the patient as possible.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
The is thoughtful of my particular case and willing to hear what I want as well. He is caring about the results and very hopeful as if I feel he is 100% on my team. From the first phone consult, I felt very connected to him and I never felt rushed in saying what I needed to say to him.
Be sure that you communicate with the nurses well and be sure that you keep good notes during the meetings so that you can review that last cycle with him if you have to do more than one cycle.
There are a lot of people there and many times when I met with my nurses they did not know who I was or what my chart said. However, I wished that had been different, but I understand that they are busy. Dr. Schoolcraft has been very compassionate and caring
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Colorado.
The nurses were all very official and complete. I wish the they had remembered me better and reviewed my chart before coming into the room. They were very responsive with the portal which is the primary way of communication.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The lab is amazing. The CCS testing is right there on site so the embryos do not have to be shipped. The surgery center is at theLone Tree office so you get very familiar with the procedures and flow of the clinic. There is a peaceful place to sit and a refreshment bar for your partner and pretty places to walk about to campus/neighborhood
we were in a package pricing. Insurance did not cover any of the expenses.
We have not discussed this yet
Treated 2018 - 2019
Very straight forward and no nonsense, but he’s [Dr. Schoolcraft] still kind- some may view this as bad bedside manner but I appreciate someone who is straight to the point. Very knowledgeable and appreciated my questions and deligient research ... Antagonist protocol- he wanted to concentrate on quantity over quality (we thought my quality would be good). ... Strong preference to single embryo transfer, but was open to consider two.
I was Very impressed and felt comforted by the staff [CCRM Colorado], their attention to detail, and their friendliness. Everyone was able to answer my questions or immediately find an answer for me. They did not dismiss my concerns. ... Everything was very well organized, all the staff treated me as if I’d known them before even if it was our first time meeting, very thorough, nobody disregarded any of my questions and concerns
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Very straight forward and no nonsense, but he’s still kind- some may view this as bad bedside manner but I appreciate someone who is straight to the point. Very knowledgeable and appreciated my questions and deligient research
Don’t expect much hand holding, be prepared to ask all your questions, he’s thorough but only if you engage. Otherwise, he’ll just setup your treatment and if you go
Antagonist protocol- he wanted to concentrate on quantity over quality (we thought my quality would be good). Vivelle patch, Cetrotide, Menopur, Gonal F, Dexamethosone, Novarel trigger. 19 eggs retrieved, 12 mature enough for fertilization, 9 fertilized, only 1 made it to ccs testing and came back abnormal, no transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Morgan)
Very organized and always helpful, great communicator always got back to me in a timely manner
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I was Very impressed and felt comforted by the staff, their attention to detail, and their friendliness. Everyone was able to answer my questions or immediately find an answer for me. They did not dismiss my concerns.
Out of town costs separate- approx 30k with consult, all testing, meds, retrieval, and transfer
Strong preference to single embryo transfer, but was open to consider two.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Schoolcraft took his time discussing our fertility problems and questions with my husband and myself. We never felt rushed. He gave good examples if I didn’t understand something. Once I became pregnant with my first transfer, he called us personally to wish us congratulations. He wants each couple to succeed as much as we do ourselves!... Know that he will be honest and be up front and truthful with the process and chances. I never want a medical professional to sugarcoat things for me. I want the real facts.
CCRM has impeccable communication. No one was ever confused about where I was in the process or what came next for me. Everyone I talked with on the phone or in person was always very pleasant and answered questions appropriately.... Laura was always quick to return a phone call or patient portal question. She explained processes that were coming up. I am not local so she was always quick sending the orders I needed or prescriptions to my pharmacies.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I am a nurse and have worked in healthcare enough to know what makes a facility superior to the next. CCRM has impeccable communication. No one was ever confused about where I was in the process or what came next for me. Everyone I talked with on the phone or in person was always very pleasant and answered questions appropriately.
Around 35,000
Treated 2017 - 2019
He’s [Dr. Schoolcraft] extremely knowledgeable and has a lot of experience enough to be able to make recommendations about the process and answer all our questions. We unfortunately only met him once during our first visit to the clinic but we always felt like he was involved in the proces. ... The cycles and care were specific to my needs ... Due to my age, the doctor didn’t recommend transferring more than one embryo at a time.
I think the testing they [CCRM Lone Tree] make patients go through is extremely rigurous and detailed. They do require too many tests. Some of which are justified, but some are just exhausting and I don’t think completely necessary. Takes too long to complete all the testing. ... Helen was outstanding. She prepared all the schedules on time, answered all emails I had with any questions. She tried to help when we got stuck somewhere.
How was your experience with William Schoolcraft at CCRM Colorado?
He’s extremely knowledgeable and has a lot of experience enough to be able to make recommendations about the process and answer all our questions. We unfortunately only met him once during our first visit to the clinic but we always felt like he was involved in the proces.
The cycles and care were specific to my needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think the testing they make patients go through is extremely rigurous and detailed. They do require too many tests. Some of which are justified, but some are just exhausting and I don’t think completely necessary. Takes too long to complete all the testing.