Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey

Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery
ResidencyMedical Center of Delaware
FellowshipU of Vermont - Burlington
234 Industrial Way West
Eatontown, NJ 07724
732-918-2500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend William Ziegler to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey to a friend?
2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Ziegler is like a member of the family - even when things don't go as well as you hope he is honest and supportive and helps you make the best decision possible for you and your family...no matter how hard the case he will do what he can to help you... We have had a rocky road but he has been the one constant source of support throughout a process that not many understand or can help you through. I would say the one limitation is the size of the practice which means patients have to be batched - this can take more time for treatment but I believe this is a very common practice in the industry. Dr. Ziegler is honest and very up to date on the latest research and will give you the honest story on things that may be trending but not clinically validated.
2014 - 2018
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Dr. Ziegler's is a wonderful physician who truly cares about his patients and provides you with the best care possible. He is well regarded in the industry and I appreciate that he doesn't give up on his patients are try to skew his success rates - no matter how hard the case he will do what he can to help you! We have had a rocky road but he has been the one constant source of support throughout a process that not many understand or can help you through. I would say the one limitation is the size of the practice which means patients have to be batched - this can take more time for treatment but I believe this is a very common practice in the industry. Dr. Ziegler is honest and very up to date on the latest research and will give you the honest story on things that may be trending but not clinically validated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Come prepared to ask questions and be honest with things you don't understand. He is great at using analogies or pictures to explain what is happening so don't be afraid to speak up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols William Ziegler used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Birth Control for 2-3 weeks overlap with low dose lupron 20 units Lupron only for 4 days Stimulation using Follistim/Gonal- F - 225 units (on cycle 2 we went up to 300 half way through Stim) menopur 75 units (on cycle 2 went up to 150 units half way through) estrogen from 2- 6 mg increasing overtime Doxycycline 2X per day for 4 days Medrol - 3 days Progesterone Ethyloleate 1ml - 5 days pre-transfer Crinone - day after transfer Expected decent response - increase happened when not responding as well as first round. Round 1 - 14 eggs harvested, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, 4 non pgs tested embryos FET transfer 2 years later - two embryos - ended in miscarriage at 10 weeks - one identified trisomy 15 2 remaining 3AA and 4BB embryos Endometrial Receptivity Analysis - Receptive Round 2 - 14 eggs harvested 13 mature 10 fertilized 2 blastocyst 1 PGS normal, one trisomy 11 and 22 FET - transferred one embryo - negative test What we have discovered - my blood pressure and thyroid react poorly to estrogen - we now know moving forward to test thyroid frequently and be on BP meds ahead of FET cycle. Interestingly, my body handles a retrieval better than the FET meds - we are considering a fresh transfer as a next step.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Hina )
Very supportive - gave me their own water bottle so I could pee for a test. They have been great to me throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Extremely family oriented approach with strong clinical background. Size is potentially a challenge for patient batching. Dr. Mensah and Ziegler are wonderful - Martinez is very nice but can sometimes not be as detailed or take things as seriously. Facilities are beautiful and well thought out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Very convenient and didn't take away from work which was great. Never took more than a half hour.
Describe the costs associated with your care under William Ziegler at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
8K for initial retrieval and storage, 8 K for original FET. 15K all in for Retrieval 2 and FET. 700 for PGS testing. Last FET was covered by insurance in full.
Describe William Ziegler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
He actively follows the guidelines as outlined by SART etc. Single embryo was used with pgs. With non-pgs he follows age based guidelines.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Did not opt for PGS this first time [with Dr. William Ziegler] but will do so in our next round. Male factor was the reason why we used ICSI...is a total professional and really helps to try and explain the procedures and process. He's a straight shooter for sure and tells you how it is. I'm someone who needs a bit more delicate bedside manner but he still made me feel like he's on my team and there to make things work. He's called me after hours multiple times just to make sure he touched base and let me know what's next.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Ziegler is a total professional and really helps to try and explain the procedures and process. He's a straight shooter for sure and tells you how it is. I'm someone who needs a bit more delicate bedside manner but he still made me feel like he's on my team and there to make things work. He's called me after hours multiple times just to make sure he touched base and let me know what's next. I have no doubt that he will continue to be on my team and help me get the outcome we want.
Ask all your questions! Dr. Ziegler knows it all.
Downregulation IVF with ICSI. I used Follistim, Menopur (150 iu and 75 iu respectively). Did not opt for PGS this first time but will do so in our next round. Male factor was the reason why we used ICSI.
They were very quick to answer my questions when I called and left me instructions I needed. I would have liked to see them check in more periodically during the cycle.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Really like this clinic. They're timely and responsive. They all move pretty quickly through my appointments - haven't had to wait an excessive amount of time to get an appointment and they tend to explain things pretty well. My biggest complaint is informing me about timing - while I understand that things can change during a cycle - I would like to know a roundabout timeframe of when I can expect next processes. Understanding where the process is going and how long each aspect will take would really help me to understand where I'm at.
The timing was pretty convenient for me and most of the time it ran like a well-oiled machine. I was in and out within 15-30 minutes usually.
Embryo freezing - $900 for the first year PGS Testing - $1200ish for clinic plus a charge per embryo at the PGS testing place. Everything else is covered by insurance 100% after my deductible is paid.
We had a good grade embryo and I'm young so that's why we transferred only 1
Eatontown
Dr. Ziegler is very thorough and explains everything to you. He never makes you feel stupid or lost. He goes over every step and explains every detail. I was overwhelmed when I started IVF. He always made sure I understood and would write everything down. After my lap surgery he contacted me the next day to check in.... He immediately understood our situation/concerns and was very easy to speak with. He made us feel very welcomed and at ease.
Dr. Ziegler is very thorough and explains everything to you. He never makes you feel stupid or lost. He goes over every step and explains every detail. I was overwhelmed when I started IVF. He always made sure I understood and would write everything down. After my lap surgery he contacted me the next day to check in. I thought that was so nice. He treats you like your his family. He will give you his undivided attention. I would refer him and his practice to anyone who is looking to start a family. Hand downs he is the best.
His schedule is busy and sometimes you have to wait for appointments but it is worth every single second.
Dr. Ziegler was very caring and had/has a wonderful bedside manner. He immediately understood our situation/concerns and was very easy to speak with. He made us feel very welcomed and at ease.
IVF - we did 10 days of stim medications/injections. I cannot remember the exact meds. I think I used Gonal F, menapour, estradiol and PIO. I used Pregnyl for the trigger. I believe I had to do 3 days of Ganirelix. Whatever I did do it worked because we retrieved 22 eggs! And out of 22 eggs we had 4 perfect embryos!
They were very friendly and helpful. They never gave me information that was crucial without checking with the doctor first. They do need to practice better communication.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
Strengths - very welcoming, caring, understanding, knowledgeable, makes you feel at ease, friendly and all around makes you feel hopeful. The waiting room time is very limited and the office is clean. Weaknesses - the doctors schedule is busy so you may have to wait between appts if they are not "scheduled" procedures.
My insurance covers 90% of everything. I think for total of 2016 between co pays, IUI, lap surgery and IVF I paid about $3000.
He was very strict with how many we could transfer based on my age and the embryo quality. He follows the guidelines. He did go over both single and multiple.