Medical SchoolU. Si Farmacie Davila
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
100 N Academy Ave
Danville, PA 17822
1.800.275.6401
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Willie Zoma to a friend?

7.1

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr Zoma is a very knowledgeable person in his field. He made sure to explain every aspect of what was going on. Has a great bedside manner and is easily approachable with any questions that you may have. He makes you feel comfortable and eases your nerves when you meet him...So far Dr Zoma has has only done my test to see if my tubes were blocked, one of my baseline ultrasounds, and my IVF consultation. He always explains everything thoroughly prior to whatever procedure he is doing, as well as during the procedure itself.
How was your experience with Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Again, Dr Zoma is a very knowledgeable person in his field. He made sure to explain every aspect of what was going on. Has a great bedside manner and is easily approachable with any questions that you may have. He makes you feel comfortable and eases your nerves when you meet him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Just listen carefully. He does have a slight accent that can be difficult to understand if you aren’t paying close attention.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Dr Zoma made sure I was comfortable when he performed the test to check and see if my tubes were blocked. He explained everything that was going to happen, and alerted me to know when he was going to do something before he did it. He also took a great deal of time to explain the IVF process at our consultation. He made sure we understood everything he explained prior to us leaving the apportionment.
Describe the protocols Willie Zoma used in your cycles at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center and their degree of success.
The nursing staff at Geisinger - Danville is phenomenal! They are all super sweet, kind, supportive, and anything else that you may want in nursing staff! In my opinion, they are exceptional!
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Everyone in the office is nice, and helpful. They will all answer any questions you may have, they’ll help get procedures approved through your insurance, etc. they will go above and beyond for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Unsure as most of this process for me has been covered by my insurance. That could change for IVF though
Describe Willie Zoma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
He will do two embryos for transfer if we didn’t have genetic testing done prior to. If we had that elective testing done, they would only do one transfer.
Danville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.

Dr. Zoma sees me every visit and always takes the time to explain if I have any questions. He has even done my ultrasounds if the tech is busy that moment. He makes sure to ask if I understand how to give my injections every cycle. He explained everything in length in the beginning and continues to do so.... WE have done timed intercourse for a full 4 cycles. I started with clomid and hcg injections, since im anovulatory with PCOS. I did one full cycle with clomid. I did take clomid for 2 cycles though. The first there was a mass in my uterus that was found for my mid cycle scan tha tneeded to be removed by Dr. Zoma.
If you don't understand what he says ever... ask :)
The staff know your name as soon as you walk in the door. They give you hope when they say they know youll be in their office getting ultrasounds for better reasons
WE have done timed intercourse for a full 4 cycles. I started with clomid and hcg injections, since im anovulatory with PCOS. I did one full cycle with clomid. I did take clomid for 2 cycles though. The first there was a mass in my uterus that was found for my mid cycle scan tha tneeded to be removed by Dr. Zoma. The second was a full cycle that ended in a cyst. He then changed my medication to Femara to see if we would have better results and less complications. I have completed 2 rounds and I am in my 3rd round of femara and hcg injections. Currently in my two week wait.
They remember your name and are always smiling when they see you. They are personable and remembers all of your protocols and medications.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
The clinic gets you in when it is convenient for you. They don't make you wait long. The staff is absolutely amazing. The ultrasound tech is an absolute miracle and makes sure you stay positive . She makes sure to turn the screen and show you everything on every ultrasound.
The costs are all reasonable and everything was discussed with a financial advisor before anything was done

2014 - 2018
Dr. Zoma was sometimes very personable, very nice, and communicated well with us at our appointments. At other appointments I felt like he wasjust there because it was his job. It was a hit or miss.... My first treatment dr zoma wanted to try was IUI. We wanted to go the less expensive route first. After doing the insemination, dr zoma told us that my husbands sperm analysis showed that his sperm was not very mobile, meaning that the chances of iui working was slim. I felt very discouraged. We went back two weeks later after getting a negative pregnancy test. Dr zoma told us that he personally felt we would be wasting our time and money doing more iuis based on my husbands sperm analysis.
2014 - 2018
I’m not sure
Nurses in the office are so wonderful and make you feel comfortable! Dr. Zoma is a great doctor but he was not a personable at times as I would had liked him to be.
My first treatment dr zoma wanted to try was IUI. We wanted to go the less expensive route first. After doing the insemination, dr zoma told us that my husbands sperm analysis showed that his sperm was not very mobile, meaning that the chances of iui working was slim. I felt very discouraged. We went back two weeks later after getting a negative pregnancy test. Dr zoma told us that he personally felt we would be wasting our time and money doing more iuis based on my husbands sperm analysis. He recommended we go straight to IVF w/ ICSI. We agreed and moved forward with the IVF process. Dr zoma recommended we do a fresh transfer with our IVF and freeze the remaining embryos. We transferred two day 5 embryos and it resulted in a negative pregnancy. We had 4 remaining embryos to freeze so we went back a few months later and did a frozen embryo transfer. We transferred two embryos and that resulted in a single pregnancy. Our son was born in may 2016 and is now a happy healthy 2 year old. We went back in June 2018 to use our remaining two frozen embryos. I followed the same protocol as my first FET but this time it did not work and my beta was negative.
I absolutely LOVED all the nurses at dr zoma office!
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean and nice! It is in a great location. I have no complaints about the clinic. They run everything in a timely manner and the front desk staff is very friendly! I’m not sure what else to say about the clinic.
Ivf package was $9,997 out of pocket. Cost had to be paid up front before any treatment was done. Medication was a separate cost that we had to pay for.
Danville

He [Dr. Willie Zoma] really listens to what u have to say and he likes to make sure u understand what's going on and he tries to work with u...he's not big on FMLA paperwork... when I had my chemical pregnancy after the ivf he was very understanding and caring but would not sign papers or give me any pain meds...I was informed everyone experiences it different otherwise I am very happy with him
He's really caring and works with u and makes sure u understand stand how things work and if u have thoughts and ideas he listens only thing that would be a negative would be he's not big on FMLA paperwork when I had my chemical pregnancy after the ivf he was very understanding and caring but would not sign papers or give me any pain meds I was informed everyone experiences it different otherwise I am very happy with him
Don't take offense to what he says he only tells you things if he thinks it will help /or hurt ur chances and some times the truth hurts but he's not mean about it he's just trying to help u , and he has an accent so u may have to concentrate a little sometimes on what he says but overall he's the best I've seen in my years of trying
He really listens to what u have to say and he likes to make sure u understand what's going on and he tries to work with u so much better then my original fertility doctor
I'm not really sure on this part I would say compared to the YouTube videos I would say it was the standard meds and procedures but it was over a year ago
Don't really know what to say they over all seemed nice and of course u always have ones u like more then others but don't really have any complaints about any of them
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Not sure about other clinics but they require everything up front before they will let u continue and unfortunately if things don't go right ur just out the money strength they have a good doctor that is worth seeing
Normally my insurance covered most of the things leading up to the procedure but but as far as it and the meds we paid a little over $13,000 it was 9,000 something for the procedure and 3,000plus for the meds plus anything that I ended up needing a refill

2012 - 2016
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Zoma would spend time explaining everything...He explained all my options throughly and was honest where he needed to be. He always addressed my concerns. I felt like I was a person and not just a number in his office. When a procedure failed he was honest as what he thought would be the next best option...we tried IVF with ICSI...I know we retrieved 21 eggs, 17 fertilized and 2 were injected as fresh. The others never made it to freeze. We didnt do genetic testing so we had no answers but doctor thought that there was some incompatibility with egg and sperm.
2012 - 2016
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Zoma has a thick accent but I could understand him. He explained all my options throughly and was honest where he needed to be. He always addressed my concerns. I felt like I was a person and not just a number in his office. When a procedure failed he was honest as what he thought would be the next best option.
Dont be afraid to ask questions. He will be honest with you too so be prepared to hear what he may say.
Staff was always warm and welcoming. Dr. Zoma would spend time explaining everything. Nice environment.
First IUI with Clomid was with husbands sperm who has low sperm count. He wasnt hopeful it would work but it is what I wanted to try. It failed. After that we tried IVF with ICSI. I dont recall meds I was on. I know we retrieved 21 eggs, 17 fertilized and 2 were injected as fresh. The others never made it to freeze. We didnt do genetic testing so we had no answers but doctor thought that there was some incompatibility with egg and sperm. Got pregnant naturally 2 months after IVF and it ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks. So we pondered IUI with donor sperm since it appeared to be a compatibility issue. My IUI cycles were with clomid and injectable for triggering. First IUI with donor sperm failed and the second worked. I know have a 3 year old.
They were always friendly and compassionate. I had a miscarriage in between cycles and they were very compassionate during the rough time. They even sent a card afterwards.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
It was easy to get appointments and I never waited long to be seen in the waiting room. The office and exam rooms were always very clean. I have been to a clinic where you feel like a number and not a person. Definitely not the case at Geisinger. I felt heard and they genuinely were wanting me to conceive.
Insurance paid for ultrasounds but I paid for medications and the Dr. Office gave coupons when they had them and the IUI and IVF we paid for.
They always said 2 and I agreed

2013 - 2016
Dr. Zoma is a cheerful, jovial, and at times, an abrupt provider. He provides evidence-based practice, and there is no doubt in my mind that his experience paired with him "sticking to science" is his greatest asset. He will take the time to answer questions you may have, but it is important to make sure you ask them, because he might not offer a lot of information otherwise. He was a terrific doctor, and I would not have wanted my care from anyone else.
2013 - 2016
Ask questions if you have them, he doesn't mind answering them and will take the time with you---but really only if you ask for it.
Excellent continuity of care, he knew who I was, who my husband was, and the nurses were excellent. The IVF coordinators took time with me, and were extremely kind, one nurse even cried with me when we struggled with empty follicle syndrome and had a hard first retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley McHale and Charlene)
Excellent. The best care I have every received, anywhere. Clinic runs on time, is compassionate, excellent continuity, and I didn't have to "fight" for anything. I wish that all medical care was as good as this clinic.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Excellent, excellent, excellent. Runs on time, isn't in a city, so easy to access. Blood labs nearby, which helps. Clinic follows evidence-based practice, and they are just fantastic.
They have an excellent financial person, Denise that lays out the payment plan. Costs about 10K with meds for one cycle of IVF. THey don't do package deals (like some places do where you get refunded if you don't get pregs etc). They have a cap for things like IUI if those aren't covered, so you always know how much out of pocket expense you might have.
Danville

We tried a round of IUI [with Dr. William Zomo] but I did not respond well to Femera. With the second round we used Clomid and the Hcg injection before the IUI. I did not get pregnant. We are going to try another round of IUI before trying IVF... took the time to explain each test he had ordered and why. He explained our results and helped create a treatment plan. I didn’t feel like a number to him. At times, he was blunt before I’d rather that given the circumstances.
Dr. Zoma can be overwhelming because he is blunt about what is going on and the course of treatment. At times, he is difficult to understand due to accent but always answers questions and repeats himself if needed. I am glad that we are seeing him for our infertility issues.
Ask questions if you don’t understand something and don’t be surprised if he is blunt or his bedside manner is not the best. He knows what he is doing and has had great success.
Dr. Zoma took the time to explain each test he had ordered and why. He explained our results and helped create a treatment plan. I didn’t feel like a number to him. At times, he was blunt before I’d rather that given the circumstances.
We tried a round of IUI but I did not respond well to Femera. With the second round we used Clomid and the Hcg injection before the IUI. I did not get pregnant. We are going to try another round of IUI before trying IVF.
All of that staff at the fertility clinic are very welcoming and supportive.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
It is a small clinic which is nice. Phone calls are always returned and staff answers all questions. The ultrasound tech is amazing and makes you feel very comfortable during procedures. The tech that checks you in is very nice and makes sure that you are comfortable.
The medications have costed about $100 so far. Ultrasound are around $900 each time, insurance has covered most of those. The first IUI was $400 and if we do IVF it will be about $15-20k.
We have not reached that point yet.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Zoma] barely spent any time with me some times he would just pop his head in to say something quickly to me or some times just have his nurse talk to me instead. It is also very difficult to speak to anyone since they don’t answer the phones.... He forgets that he is dealing with real people that have real feelings. He doesn’t take the time to explain things fully so you understand. I have to research on my own to figure out what I need to ask him to be informed of anything. Poor bed side manor and no sense of humor. Not personable at all.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Go elsewhere
He barely spent any time with me some times he would just pop his head in to say something quickly to me or some times just have his nurse talk to me instead. It is also very difficult to speak to anyone since they don’t answer the phones.
IUI eith femara and HCG trigger shot since my eggs don’t come to maturity on their own. I also kept creating ovarian cysts but he couldn’t explain why.
It’s difficult to get ahold of anyone because they don’t answer the phones or return messages.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Very difficult to get anyone on the phone, and they don’t have any evening or weekend hours which makes it very difficult if you work full time. The doctor doesn’t spend much time with you or explain things very thoroughly. They forget that they’re dealing with real people that are struggling and looking for help.
Between 300-400 each cycle plus medicines
Danville

Dr. Zoma is clearly very educated in his field, but in my opinion, lacks compassion and empathy in a field that is full of emotional ups and downs for patients and their partners. After three failed rounds of Clomid/Provera and timed intercourse, I needed to pause my treatment for personal reasons. During my last appointment to establish an interim plan until I was ready to come back, Dr. Zoma was cold and seemed bothered that I needed to take a break from treatment. He spoke directly to my husband about my ovaries, my period, etc. I did not feel heard.
If you are a person who expects compassion and a warm bedside manner, perhaps look elsewhere for treatment. He can be difficult to understand, so take notes and listen closely.
Dr. Zoma's communication style is very blunt and to the point, which did not mesh well with my expectations. He often spoke to and explained things directly to my husband, not to me.
Wonderful. They often reiterated information given by Dr. Zoma to make sure I had a clear understanding.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Easy to schedule, easy to access. The clinic is on Geisinger's main campus, so blood work and other procedures are easily completed in one place.
Everything was covered by my insurance.
Danville

Dr. Zoma was very brief and at times talked to me from the doorway of the room. Poor explaining and discussion. He has little compassion...He has good knowledge of medicine, however he is brief, hard to understand with his accent, and has little compassion. You're moved in and out quickly and like you're a number rather than a patient trying to become pregnant...Timed Intercourse with Clomid & Ovidrel - yielded 1 follicle, 1 cycle and 0 follicles 2 cycles with no pregnancy Timed Intercourse with Letrozole & Ovidrel - 1 follicle with 1 cycle and 0 follicles with 2 cycles, no pregnancy
Have a back up plan and back up clinic
They were knowledgeable and good with explaining things.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Easy to get an appointment with. Comforting and quiet waiting room. Nurses are compassionate and knowledgeable. They have the best ultrasound tech. Dr. Zoma lacks compassion and treats you like a number. He is not gentle with procedures and is rude
Expensive. IVF cycle would be $16,000 without medications
Danville

Due to his accent, it is difficult to understand sometimes. After my second transfer failed he [Dr. Zoma] made changes to the protocol. I wish all test and protocol changes that could be done happened after the first failed transfer. Every time you go in, he does meet with you and talk about everything. I did wish he had more bed side manner... The first round he was ok with one embryo. The second round I felt he pushed multiple embryos and I did not feel comfortable with that. He did respect my wishes.
Due to his accent, it is difficult to understand sometimes. After my second transfer failed he made changes to the protocol. I wish all test and protocol changes that could be done happened after the first failed transfer. Every time you go in, he does meet with you and talk about everything. I did wish he had more bed side manner
Have someone else go with you to take notes Incase you don’t understand
Egg retrieval- different stimulants Frozen embryos Transfer- vagina suppositories and oral medication Beta test after 10 days
The nursing staff is so nice and friendly. I really appreciate how friendly Laura is!
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and organized. I only had to wait a few times. If I did wait they would check on me. The waiting room is small but everyone has been friendly. The clinic is easy to get ahold of through email or phone call
It was through my insurance. I had three trials paid for.