Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. Si Farmacie Davila
ResidencyNew York Med Col
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
100 N Academy Ave
Danville, PA 17822
1.800.275.6401
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Willie Zoma to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center to a friend?
2014 - 2018
Dr. Zoma was sometimes very personable, very nice, and communicated well with us at our appointments. At other appointments I felt like he wasjust there because it was his job. It was a hit or miss.... My first treatment dr zoma wanted to try was IUI. We wanted to go the less expensive route first. After doing the insemination, dr zoma told us that my husbands sperm analysis showed that his sperm was not very mobile, meaning that the chances of iui working was slim. I felt very discouraged. We went back two weeks later after getting a negative pregnancy test. Dr zoma told us that he personally felt we would be wasting our time and money doing more iuis based on my husbands sperm analysis.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
I’m not sure
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Nurses in the office are so wonderful and make you feel comfortable! Dr. Zoma is a great doctor but he was not a personable at times as I would had liked him to be.
Describe the protocols Willie Zoma used in your cycles at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center and their degree of success.
My first treatment dr zoma wanted to try was IUI. We wanted to go the less expensive route first. After doing the insemination, dr zoma told us that my husbands sperm analysis showed that his sperm was not very mobile, meaning that the chances of iui working was slim. I felt very discouraged. We went back two weeks later after getting a negative pregnancy test. Dr zoma told us that he personally felt we would be wasting our time and money doing more iuis based on my husbands sperm analysis. He recommended we go straight to IVF w/ ICSI. We agreed and moved forward with the IVF process. Dr zoma recommended we do a fresh transfer with our IVF and freeze the remaining embryos. We transferred two day 5 embryos and it resulted in a negative pregnancy. We had 4 remaining embryos to freeze so we went back a few months later and did a frozen embryo transfer. We transferred two embryos and that resulted in a single pregnancy. Our son was born in may 2016 and is now a happy healthy 2 year old. We went back in June 2018 to use our remaining two frozen embryos. I followed the same protocol as my first FET but this time it did not work and my beta was negative.
I absolutely LOVED all the nurses at dr zoma office!
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Clinic is clean and nice! It is in a great location. I have no complaints about the clinic. They run everything in a timely manner and the front desk staff is very friendly! I’m not sure what else to say about the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Willie Zoma at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Ivf package was $9,997 out of pocket. Cost had to be paid up front before any treatment was done. Medication was a separate cost that we had to pay for.
Danville
He [Dr. Willie Zoma] really listens to what u have to say and he likes to make sure u understand what's going on and he tries to work with u...he's not big on FMLA paperwork... when I had my chemical pregnancy after the ivf he was very understanding and caring but would not sign papers or give me any pain meds...I was informed everyone experiences it different otherwise I am very happy with him
He's really caring and works with u and makes sure u understand stand how things work and if u have thoughts and ideas he listens only thing that would be a negative would be he's not big on FMLA paperwork when I had my chemical pregnancy after the ivf he was very understanding and caring but would not sign papers or give me any pain meds I was informed everyone experiences it different otherwise I am very happy with him
Don't take offense to what he says he only tells you things if he thinks it will help /or hurt ur chances and some times the truth hurts but he's not mean about it he's just trying to help u , and he has an accent so u may have to concentrate a little sometimes on what he says but overall he's the best I've seen in my years of trying
He really listens to what u have to say and he likes to make sure u understand what's going on and he tries to work with u so much better then my original fertility doctor
I'm not really sure on this part I would say compared to the YouTube videos I would say it was the standard meds and procedures but it was over a year ago
Don't really know what to say they over all seemed nice and of course u always have ones u like more then others but don't really have any complaints about any of them
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Not sure about other clinics but they require everything up front before they will let u continue and unfortunately if things don't go right ur just out the money strength they have a good doctor that is worth seeing
Normally my insurance covered most of the things leading up to the procedure but but as far as it and the meds we paid a little over $13,000 it was 9,000 something for the procedure and 3,000plus for the meds plus anything that I ended up needing a refill
What specific things went wrong at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
2013 - 2016
Dr. Zoma is a cheerful, jovial, and at times, an abrupt provider. He provides evidence-based practice, and there is no doubt in my mind that his experience paired with him "sticking to science" is his greatest asset. He will take the time to answer questions you may have, but it is important to make sure you ask them, because he might not offer a lot of information otherwise. He was a terrific doctor, and I would not have wanted my care from anyone else.
2013 - 2016
Ask questions if you have them, he doesn't mind answering them and will take the time with you---but really only if you ask for it.
Excellent continuity of care, he knew who I was, who my husband was, and the nurses were excellent. The IVF coordinators took time with me, and were extremely kind, one nurse even cried with me when we struggled with empty follicle syndrome and had a hard first retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley McHale and Charlene)
Excellent. The best care I have every received, anywhere. Clinic runs on time, is compassionate, excellent continuity, and I didn't have to "fight" for anything. I wish that all medical care was as good as this clinic.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Excellent, excellent, excellent. Runs on time, isn't in a city, so easy to access. Blood labs nearby, which helps. Clinic follows evidence-based practice, and they are just fantastic.
They have an excellent financial person, Denise that lays out the payment plan. Costs about 10K with meds for one cycle of IVF. THey don't do package deals (like some places do where you get refunded if you don't get pregs etc). They have a cap for things like IUI if those aren't covered, so you always know how much out of pocket expense you might have.
Danville
Dr. Zoma is clearly very educated in his field, but in my opinion, lacks compassion and empathy in a field that is full of emotional ups and downs for patients and their partners. After three failed rounds of Clomid/Provera and timed intercourse, I needed to pause my treatment for personal reasons. During my last appointment to establish an interim plan until I was ready to come back, Dr. Zoma was cold and seemed bothered that I needed to take a break from treatment. He spoke directly to my husband about my ovaries, my period, etc. I did not feel heard.
If you are a person who expects compassion and a warm bedside manner, perhaps look elsewhere for treatment. He can be difficult to understand, so take notes and listen closely.
Dr. Zoma's communication style is very blunt and to the point, which did not mesh well with my expectations. He often spoke to and explained things directly to my husband, not to me.
Wonderful. They often reiterated information given by Dr. Zoma to make sure I had a clear understanding.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Easy to schedule, easy to access. The clinic is on Geisinger's main campus, so blood work and other procedures are easily completed in one place.
Everything was covered by my insurance.