Houston Fertility Specialists

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolUniversity of Texas
ResidencyBaylor College of Medicine
FellowshipUniversity of California
7900 Fannin
Houston, TX 77054
713-512-7900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Yanett Anaya to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Specialists to a friend?
Dr. Anaya is very positive, polite, thorough, and energetic.... She took the time to meet with us WHENEVER we wanted, she made an effort to acknowledge the financial constraints of IVF and spoke to colleagues trying to find cheaper options for us. She completely explained all options and gave her recommendation, but in the end it was our decision which she would then fully support. Specifically, I did not want to go on BC since I suffer all major side effects.
European, Latino, Native American
How was your experience with Yanett Anaya at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Anaya is very positive, polite, thorough, and energetic. She understands the entire IVF process and wants it to be a comfortable and exciting experience for her patients. When I had concern about taking BC, she agreed to make a plan that would not use BC without hesitation. When I had concern about the IVF meds, she recommended the best way to order them at the cheapest price. When I had questions about coordinating my husbands sperm extraction, she took charge and contacted her boss as well as the urologist to coordinate the master plan (my previous doctor was not coordinating and there were too many contradicting plans from each provider). She makes me feel so much at ease, and I trust her completely!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Yanett Anaya at Houston Fertility Specialists?
You should want a provider who is completely involved, who uses all of her time with you in the appointment, and who involves the patient 100% in the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Yanett Anaya at Houston Fertility Specialists?
She took the time to meet with us WHENEVER we wanted, she made an effort to acknowledge the financial constraints of IVF and spoke to colleagues trying to find cheaper options for us. She completely explained all options and gave her recommendation, but in the end it was our decision which she would then fully support. Specifically, I did not want to go on BC since I suffer all major side effects. My previous doctor was going to force me to take BC which is why I switched. Dr. Anaya was amazing and came up with the plan on how to do IVF without BC without judgement. She also did all of my diagnostic procedures herself which I appreciated since I got to know her better instead of just her nurse or medical assistant.
Describe the protocols Yanett Anaya used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
I myself do not have fertility issues, but my husband does. I do not know what my protocol was, but I remember that it was relatively basic. Cetrotide® 0.25 mg Follistim® 900 IU Menopur® 75 IU Ovidrel® 250 mcg
I work with a medical assistant with Dr. Anaya. She is very responsive and answers all of my questions! Each provider has one nurse or MA assigned to them, which helps build a good relationship with the team.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinic's website is good for promotional purposes, but not necessarily for information on their support groups etc for existing patients. When I call the front desk, they are clueless as well on the website. The financial counselors are very good, but there was a mistake with my charges where the team did not respond to a query which resulted in a bill - I contested it, and they found the problem and fixed it immediately. I think the clinic should be more involved with the patient's schedule and plan, but instead let the patient reach out to their provider for updates. I think this opens up an opportunity for patient's to be forgotten or lost or appointments to be missed. I expressed this to Dr. Anaya, and she has made sure that her team reaches out to me to check in and not wait for me to call.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Specialists.
This was an efficient practice, and I only had to wait a little while. The window was only a few hours, so I was able to fit my scheduled around it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Yanett Anaya at Houston Fertility Specialists.
my insurance only covered diagnostics (ovarian reserve analysis, ultrasounds, genetic testing, blood work, etc). I was offered a 20% discount for military service, so my estimated costs were $11,000 for egg retrieval + freezing and two cycles of implants, $1,950 for embryo genetic testing (up to 8) through contracted service, $6,000 for medications (egg retrieval cycle and implantation cycle, ordered overseas). My husband separately had to get a MESA which had an estimated cost of $10,000.
Describe Yanett Anaya's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Houston Fertility Specialists.
My provider's clinic promoted single embryo transfers, but I am choosing to get 2 implanted. Dr. Anaya is a bit hesitant due to the risks associated with a multiple pregnancy, and advises me it is safer to do just one. But, with our finances and timeline, my husband and I are going to do two which she will support. I know my doctor wants what is safest, and I truly appreciate her input for that.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Specialists?
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
From the first moment she [Dr. Anaya] took over our care, she dedicated herself wholeheartedly to helping us surmount our infertility issues. She was always available to us for questions, explained courses of treatment and options thoroughly, researched and explored the latest scientific developments and options, respected our ethical boundaries, and, importantly, was kind, compassionate and supportive every step of the way. We had the resources and options to go to many practices but knew that the dedication she showed us as her patients would be difficult to beat.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Yanett Anaya at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Anaya is a dedicated, compassionate, and knowledgeable physician who we would recommend without hesitation. From the first moment she took over our care, she dedicated herself wholeheartedly to helping us surmount our infertility issues. She was always available to us for questions, explained courses of treatment and options thoroughly, researched and explored the latest scientific developments and options, respected our ethical boundaries, and, importantly, was kind, compassionate and supportive every step of the way. We had the resources and options to go to many practices but knew that the dedication she showed us as her patients would be difficult to beat.
Be proactive in your treatment and do not hesitate to ask questions. Dr. Anaya is a font of knowledge and helps her patients fully understand their treatment and options.
Dr. Anaya is warm and extremely dedicated to the well-being of her patients. We felt that we have a fighter in our corner who is committed to doing everything in her power to succeed. She makes herself available, does research to make sure all avenues are explored, pulls resources and colleagues into our treatment, is sensitive to cost, and is just an all-around decent and kind person.
My treatment strategy involved a combination of an injectable competitive gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist and gonadotropin with oral steroids and human growth hormone.
The physician assistants in the practice are extremely competent and responsive. There is never a delay in getting questions answered, scheduling for treatment or testing, or responses. The nursing staff has some very excellent professionals on its staff. There have been occasions, however, when a nurse has relayed confusing instructions or seemed overwhelmed resulting in minor mistakes. It always pays to confirm medications and instructions to ensure there is no miscommunication. It is also good to get an expectation of communication during an embryo growth cycle.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
Houston Fertility Specialists is a well-run practice. Their front office staff are always friendly and competent. Their business office is patient and willing to help you work through the sometimes confusing maze that is insurance coverage of fertility treatments. The clinic space is attractive although not as plush as other practices we explored. However, we are there for the medicine, not to go to a spa. ;-) In my experience, patient wait times are close to appointment times and the medical staff is top notch.
I was double covered under my husband's and my health insurance so I am unsure about the exact cost to other patients. Our primary costs were the medications, which were purchased outside the clinic.
The practice strongly prefers single embryo transfer.