5.2

Current Clinic Unknown
address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

Dr Merhi ALWAYS has treated me as a human, Remembered details about me and has been completely on top of my care at all times, even when he is not physically in the office...He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby...I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
I have not one bad word to say about New Hope and I have (unfortunately) been a patient for a long time. as I am doing mostly natural cycle, which can take time. They are busy, clean, well located and run like a well oiled machine. Some people could feel overwhelmed at such a busy clinic but I do not at all. I am familiar with many of the staff now and it is a pleasant experience going there. Excellent daily monitoring hours.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
I have unfortunately had a long experience with some set backs trying to conceive. Dr Merhi has cared for me since day one and I struggle to imagine a better doctor. He has been thorough, showed me kindness and I can tell he genuinely wants us to have our baby. No matter how long it takes I would never want anyone else to be in charge of my care. I would not consider myself an easy patient as I like to understand everything that is going on, ask many questions and the process can be very difficult for me He has never once made me feel rushed or like a number. He is thorough, kind, empathetic, charismatic and most importantly extremely good at dictating and adjusting the protocols needed for you to have your baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Book in with him as soon as you can. You will not regret it. Expect that at New Hope the doctors often work as a team effort so know that even if it doesn't seem that you see him often, he is still always reviewing your results and making decisions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Many natural cycles (usually producing one eggs) Few mini ivf cycles )usually producing one-three eggs)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hops nurses are a wonderful group of women. They are thorough and attentive and always pleasant to deal with. Sometimes it can be a challenge getting a response from them but you can always call and speak to someone or send another email and that always does the trick. They are a very busy clinic some days.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
I have no fertility insurance coverage so everything for me is self paying. Monitoring unlimited $800 Egg Retrieval $1250
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
SET only for tested blasts Willing to be flexible for 3 day untested embryos
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr.Merhi, was so passionate, and positive, and that was one of the main factors, that made me continue with him... Dr.Merhi, used the minimal stimulation technique, and that was one of the very big pitfalls, other fertility doctor stick to, and even when the 1st cycle, did not work, Dr.Merhi, added the steroid and aspirin... Dr.Merhi, showed us, detailed studies, that it's in the best interest of the mother and the baby to have single embryo transfer, and we agreed.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] have these big boards to tell each patient, were they need to go, for US, or blood work, every one is so organized, and empathetic, and makes you feel home, and they ban any one to talk over the phone, which is great, as there is a dedicated area where you can use your cell phone, and a small as it may seem, they make sure, always, coffee and crackers, are available, and well taken care of, basically you never feel that you are not attended to
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr.Zaher Merhi @ nhfc, was really empathetic, and knew exactly what I was going through, and I will not name the institutions, I've been to, but 2 big institutions in New York, and one in Michigan,and one of the doctors there told me, you can start thinking about "Menopause", and am only 32yrs old, and none of them had the time, or the ambition, even to continue, but here in New Hope, they used the minimal stimulation, and everyone in the clinic was extremely positive, encouraging, sympathetic, and they never let you down, and keep going on, needless to say, they make you pay only procedure by procedure, and whatever can be billed to your insurance they will do so, not like any other fertility center, to which we have been in 3 before, where they want you to pay in full in advance. Dr.Zaher Merhi, had the best attitude, with great knowledge, and with his attitude, everything was possible. I would recommend him to anyone, with no reservation whatsoever.
If you have a problem with fertility, please do not shop around, big names can fool you sometimes, go to Dr.Zaher Merhi
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The Nursing staff, were compassionate, positive, very responsive, and makes you always feel, that things will work
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic have these big boards to tell each patient, were they need to go, for US, or blood work, every one is so organized, and empathetic, and makes you feel home, and they ban any one to talk over the phone, which is great, as there is a dedicated area where you can use your cell phone, and a small as it may seem, they make sure, always, coffee and crackers, are available, and well taken care of, basically you never feel that you are not attended to
They were very convenient and easy to know
They were quite reasonable, and definitely lower compared to peers
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi was always attentive and made time to answer all my questions. While monitoring can feel more like a number, I always knew Dr. Merhi was behind my care and available to speak... is a wonderful and caring doctor. He made a very emotional and upsetting process more accessible and lowered my stress. He always made time to explain things, I would wholeheartedly recommend him!
There is a lot of people that go through the clinic [New Hope Fertility Center], so the nurses sometimes got things wrong. You definitely have to stay vigilant about your care at any clinic you go to...The monitor hours at New Hope are really great! I found it really hard in my previous clinic to only have monitoring hours early morning, but New Hope has until 2pm and are usually pretty quick. Don't get thrown off at the New Agey decor, it's a great place, plus great location.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi is a wonderful and caring doctor. He made a very emotional and upsetting process more accessible and lowered my stress. He always made time to explain things, I would wholeheartedly recommend him!
Ask lots of questions.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There is a lot of people that go through the clinic, so the nurses sometimes got things wrong. You definitely have to stay vigilant about your care at any clinic you go to.
2016 - 2020, Successful
The plan [with Dr. Merhi] was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm...with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I o
Some of the blood drawers [at New Hope Fertility Center] weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey...I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info...Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name com
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Any time I asked to see Dr. Merhi, I was scheduled in and able to do so. Only once was he not there and so his team scheduled a phone consult appt with him and he called the very next day. I specifically requested him to be the Dr. to perform my last/most recent IVF transfer with donor egg and sperm, and he made sure to schedule me with respect to his availability. He left no stone unturned to give me all the meds, scheduled appt.'s, consults, etc., to make sure we succeeded this time! I feel he took no issue with my age (47) and was 100% on my team with absolute assuredness we would succeed. If I had any questions, he would slowly spell everything out for me in a respectful way...even drawing pictures/charts for me in his office. We did succeed and he was genuinely SO happy for me!
Ask in the beginning what days Dr. Merhi is at the office location you prefer. He goes to two (I think) different locations every week. Be bold with requesting exactly what you need and ask every question you have! Make sure you ask to specifically meet with him. When you do monitoring during their daily hours (7am-12pm), I would get there on the earlier side if you hope to catch Dr. Merhi after your meetings with bloodwork/sonograms. It helps if you do your own research and have specific questions for him re: your own protocol and needs.
With Dr. Merhi, I felt listened to and respected. I felt he took the time (never rushing) with me to help me really understand every step. He helped me feel like no question was too "dumb" and he was very positive and encouraging. I read folks' energy very well and he was very sincere with me. He was not in it for the money and taking me for a ride. I felt supported and nurtured.
I started at New Hope FC in 2016! I met with whomever whenever they were available as I had no idea what I was doing nor what to expect. For a while, I felt I was just a number and on an assembly line. That is, until I met with Dr. Merhi. I started in 2016 with mini-IVF protocol. The plan was to use my own eggs w/ donor sperm. I'll skip the methods used by some of the Dr.'s & go right to Merhi. The meds used for cycles, etc., were pretty much the same w/ all Dr.'s I was using along the way. However, with Dr. Merhi, I began to feel supported and listened to. I began to realize I that if I brought more to the table (the right questions, etc.), he took the time with me, too, to explain things more clearly. When it came the for the egg retrievals, it was ONLY Dr. Merhi's that I felt ZERO pain. The other Dr.'s techniques, etc., I had a lot of pain during the procedures - no joke. After all the cycle efforts using my own eggs (always MY decision to make), I am the one who came to the hard realization that perhaps my eggs weren't viable. I took a break (mid-2017 to Fall 2019). When I returned to my efforts, I came in already knowing I was going to use a donor for eggs (& donor sperm). I only requested Dr. Merhi (after prior experiences w/ other Dr.'s there). Full disclosure: after the time away, new Dr.'s were there as well. I have NO idea how some of them are. I can only attest to my comparison of Dr. Merhi with about 4 others there. I ONLY worked with Dr. Merhi this time around. And - to GREAT SUCCESS!! I am pregnant...1st trimester almost over. :-)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
It took many, many visits to realize who my favorites were, honestly. Some of the blood drawers weren't great (read: painful needle insertion!), and others - I felt nothing! Some of the sonogram technicians (NOT nurses) liked to pretend they really new a lot about medical needs/advice - which was not great for a "newbie" like me in the beginning of my journey. Make sure you are talking to a NURSE when you have questions. Also - if you get the feeling the nurse does not know the answer, ASK for a meeting with Dr. Merhi! Also- Dr. Merhi has a specific nurse team! Ask for the Merhi-Nurse Team email for emails communications (merhisupport@...). I definitely had my favorite nurses there. Sometimes, the nurses' lines re: my specific protocol were crossed and I had to confirm something 2 or 3 times with DIFFERENT nurses before getting Dr. Merhi's actual correct answer. This was mostly through several email exchanges and strategically CC'ing different nurses. Never apologize for needing an answer if you feel you're not getting what you need. Call! Email! Again, some nurses are way more experienced and clearly-spoken than others. You'll start to realize as you go along. Never hesitate to ask for a meeting with Dr. Merhi if you really need.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
You can feel assured that the Dr.'s at this clinic all know the latest techniques and strategies for protocol for each person's needs. There's a chance you'll feel a bit like you are on an assembly line at first. I can't stress enough - make your voice heard! Ask questions, and if someone doesn't know the answer, make a consult appt. with your chosen Dr. there. In my case, I chose Dr. Merhi - hands down. Sometimes - the billing dept. can be a bit cold and treat you like a number. I recommend taking care of billing stuff before the day of a major procedure (IUI, egg retrieval, IVF transfer, hysteroscopy, etc.). It can be a bit unnerving to deal with billing dept. the day of those emotional procedures. If your name comes up to visit billing - hopefully it's not on a major procedure day. If you know you need to pay for something and a major procedure is coming, just be proactive about taking care of it early. They WILL call you in on a procedure day and make you pay before the retrieval/transfer. Feels a bit cold, I must say. But - it's not free after all. Just recommending you take care of it before the DAY OF. It really helps if you read their website re: all the different levels of IVF, etc., and then make your list of questions going in for the very first consultation with a Dr. of your choice. If you need to, meet with 3 or 4 different Dr.'s in the beginning to see who you gel with.
Monitoring hours are very convenient! It is a well-oiled machine. Hours are 7am-12noon. The sooner you arrive, the less time you'll wait. The longest I've waited was about 30 minutes. That was only because I went in closer to 11-12pm time. They are a well-oiled machine. Once you arrive and check-in, you're in line in the order you came.
The billing dept. is VERY good/trustworthy at trying to submit everything to your insurance first. Depending on what your coverage is, the costs of all procedures, monitoring, etc., are comparable to most places. They are reasonable in relation to other places, depending on what you're having done. Not going to lie -- it's EXPENSIVE. But - I feel we're a special case: in the end, after several efforts using my own eggs w/ IUI donor sperm and IVF, we chose to also go with an egg donor. I mean - I could have put this child (the one I'm pregnant with as I type!) through its first two years of college! Some of the meds were covered by my insurance - not all of them. Some of the procedures were covered by insurance - not all of them.
I never talked about this with Dr. Merhi because my wife and I agreed that we'd only ever opt to have ONE embryo transferred at a time. We did not want to risk multiples. It was not ever a topic for Dr. Merhi and I.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
ONE time - only once - I received 2 conflicting emails from two different nurses. I wrote back immediately letting them know of the different info., and they got back to me right away with the corrected info.!
New Hope Fertility Center

He [Dr. Zaher Merhi] may not always be available as most doctors cannot be, but his staff is great at getting back to you. He does call and reach out which was great, as our previous doctor didn't typically do that. We felt he was also on point with all the new technology, studies, standards of practice etc and did not subscribe to anything that was not proven or did not have statistical significance...We did donor egg cycles What was different vs. other donor cycles I'd done at another facility was: addition of low dose prednisone, progesterone suppositories, no lupron, no lovenox, no birth control pills prior to cycle initiation, Estradiol throughout. On the second transfer, addition of 1 ml of progesterone sub q.
Most communication occurs via email. Additionally, New Hope was fairly priced and more reasonable than other clinics (which we GREATLY appreciated) and offered more advanced care. It can feel slightly cold or isolating, however, we didn't mind as we weren't there for the experience. We were there for results. And that is what we got!...The nurses are very good and there are several monitoring your progress. Most of the communication is via email. They are very responsive on email and if/when you prefer or need to speak live, they are there for you. Since I've gone through many cycles previously, I knew what to do, aske and expect.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi reviewed my history and on our first visit knew immediately what the challenge was. He caught and diagnosed what was missed twice, by another very reputable IVF clinic. It was confirmed during surgery and he corrected the problem. We had gone through 11 unsuccessful IVF's and 3 IUI's at another facility and had just about every test imaginable. We were told there was nothing wrong but there obviously was and hadn't we seen Dr. Merhi, we believe we would never have discovered the true reason for the infertility. And now that is had been surgically corrected, we are pregnant!
Dr. Merhi is kind, compassionate, funny and extremely knowledgeable. He may not always be available as most doctors cannot be, but his staff is great at getting back to you. He does call and reach out which was great, as our previous doctor didn't typically do that. We felt he was also on point with all the new technology, studies, standards of practice etc and did not subscribe to anything that was not proven or did not have statistical significance.
Dr. Merhi was very kind, easy to speak with and made himself available when we had a question last minute on the day of the transfer. We felt and knew he had our best interest at heart from the moment we met him and were confident in his knowledge, experience and diagnosis.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope was very different for us versus the previous clinic we worked with. It is very fast paced, technologically advanced, and reminds me of the military in the respect that they have everything down to a science. Most communication occurs via email. Additionally, New Hope was fairly priced and more reasonable than other clinics (which we GREATLY appreciated) and offered more advanced care. It can feel slightly cold or isolating, however, we didn't mind as we weren't there for the experience. We were there for results. And that is what we got!
The costs for self pay were more reasonable and fair than other clinics in other states. Also, I was delighted that we did not have to pay for everything up front all at once as we had to do at another clinic. They have a fair pricing and payment structure.
Due to my age, Dr. Merhi advised on single embryo transfer. He educated us fully on the risks so we could make an educated decision.
New Hope Fertility Center

my husband and I ALWAYS felt that we were respected and treated well by Dr. Merhi...Speaking directly with Dr. Merhi always felt very personal -- he is honest, but also has excellent bedside manners...you'll always have to wait a while to consult with him and he doesn't have a lot of time...with every one of these "setbacks", Dr. Merhi implemented some kind of solution-oriented strategy to try to obtain a better outcome. Sometimes this meant just continuing medication and waiting a few days for the situation to change, and in other times it was really about building the best possible conditions for a successful transfer. I
One definitely develops preferences for some of the nurses over others [at New Hope Fertility Center]. I am extremely grateful to one sonographer who managed to carefully inspect my results and discovered that I would need to have a hysteroscopy to remove a growth before the FET...I almost always received my "instructions" after the monitoring sessions. However, there was one occasion in which I didn't receive any instructions because they essentially forgot to email me that day. This caused me to delay taking certain medications, which I should have started taking the night they forgot to email me.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
We initially began the IVF journey at the New Hope clinic with another doctor. However, my OBGYN doctor had recommended Dr. Merhi, and I had felt put off by some of the communication with the other doctor, so we decided to switch to Dr. Merhi. I am so grateful that we did. Along our journey, there were definitely unexpected twists and turns -- a smaller number of eggs than expected reacting to the stimulation medication, a need for me to have a hysteroscopy done, uterine lining not thickening up to the desired level by the scheduled date. While we had direct consultations with Dr. Merhi at only some of these junctures, with every one of these "setbacks", Dr. Merhi implemented some kind of solution-oriented strategy to try to obtain a better outcome. Sometimes this meant just continuing medication and waiting a few days for the situation to change, and in other times it was really about building the best possible conditions for a successful transfer. I knew that he was personally checking my charts after every monitoring session I had, so I felt personally cared for. I am a firm believer in doing my own research and making sure that as a patient, I always advocate for myself. I also knew that I could express my worries or doubts to Dr. Merhi and his responses were always honest, but comforting. Is the IVF science perfected for pregnancy to be guaranteed each time? Of course not. But having a doctor who is truly your cheerleader and doing their best to strategize the best scientific road to success is crucial.
Dr. Merhi is busy, busy, busy. There is always a line out the door of patients out the door to see him. If you choose to be treated by Dr. Merhi, I would suggest: - Communicate! Be open about what are your concerns are with your cycle. - Do your own research and always advocate for yourself! Prepare your own questions so you can best make use of the time at the in-person consultations. - Don't be discouraged if you can't always see him in person. We would occasionally see other doctors for consultations just for questions or concerns, if we couldn't see him.
Speaking directly with Dr. Merhi always felt very personal -- he is honest, but also has excellent bedside manners, which I believe is super important during the entire stressful IVF process (especially since I found myself very sensitive every step of the way!). Dr. Merhi is one of the most in-demand doctors at the clinic, which means you'll always have to wait a while to consult with him and he doesn't have a lot of time. However, my husband and I ALWAYS felt that we were respected and treated well by Dr. Merhi. It always felt worth the wait just to be reassured by him, and to really feel that he was (is) genuinely determined to help us obtain success in our IVF journey.
During the retrieval cycles, we used birth control pills, letrozole and Clomid pills, as well as Gonal-F and Cetrotide injections. My second cycle (which was when we had switched to Dr. Merhi) produced better results than the first cycle (with another doctor). I actually asked to be placed on a higher medication dose because I felt that the dosage in the first cycle wasn't stimulating enough follicles -- Dr. Merhi prescribed a higher dose of the Gonal-F and added in some of the other pills, and we were able to retrieve more eggs and create more embryos the second time around. Regarding transfer, I had one failed FET and one successful FET. Leading up to the first FET, I was taking Prometrium (progesterone). After the first failure, Dr. Merhi expanded the medication protocol to include Progesterone in oil injections, a small dosage of Prednisone and baby aspirin. I believe that these medications helped my body to be more prepared to successfully accept the second FET.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
You'll see the nurses for your regular monitoring -- drawing blood and sonograms. The nurses are often rotating so on occasion I would see a few nurses that I recognized and had grown friendly with. Some nurses are not as friendly -- some are colder and just trying to "get it done". However, this made me appreciate more the few nurses/sonographers who were just more sensitive to my situation, taking care to look carefully at the results, and to answer my questions. One definitely develops preferences for some of the nurses over others. I am extremely grateful to one sonographer who managed to carefully inspect my results and discovered that I would need to have a hysteroscopy to remove a growth before the FET.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: - More friendly pricing (we found it cheaper than other clinics) - Flexible monitoring windows that can accommodate different schedules - Convenient location at Columbus Circle, emailing instructions (instead of calling -- really awkward to take those calls in public!). Weaknesses: - You won't see your doctor each time you come in to monitor (unless you wait after monitoring) as you are monitored by the nurses - No one explains what to expect for normal procedures prior to that day (ie I wanted to know exactly what to expect on egg retrieval day or transfer day) so if you're interested in knowing beforehand, make sure you schedule a consultation to ask a staff member directly what to expect. - Sometimes we would be waiting for a consultation with the doctor, and the doctor's nurse support staff (not the monitoring nurses) would try to field our questions instead of letting us see the doctor directly... when this happened, we often felt really dissatisfied with the nurses' answers -- and often they were not consistent with the doctor's answers! Again, my advice is to always advocate for yourself, and insist on seeing the doctor even if the nurses are trying to get you out the door. If you advocate for yourself, then I believe you will have a good experience. Notes: The clinic is, as are many of the doctors, busy busy busy. You can be a human, or you can be just a number. I think that part of it really depends on how you advocate for yourself.
It's a pretty efficient monitoring system. Most of the time I was able to be in and out (bloodwork and sonogram) within 20-40 minutes. Once in a while, the wait was so long and I had to check in with the front desk again to make sure they didn't forget about me. Make sure to not be afraid to check in again if you feel that you've been waiting longer than 30 minutes for bloodwork.
We paid out of pocket for costs as our insurance would not cover any of it. Costs, with medication, ran around $10,000 - $12,000 per retrieval cycle. The FET is around $3000. It helped to get medication for a pharmacy recommended to me by a friend (Medcal Pharmacy), which had a special discount with patients from New Hope and also delivered the medications straight to my door, free of charge.
I was told that it was safer for a woman at my age to transfer one embryo. Personally, my husband and I weren't interested in transferring more than that at one time, so we were already on board with Dr. Merhi's approach to eSET.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
I almost always received my "instructions" after the monitoring sessions. However, there was one occasion in which I didn't receive any instructions because they essentially forgot to email me that day. This caused me to delay taking certain medications, which I should have started taking the night they forgot to email me. I had to initiate asking the clinic why I didn't receive any information, in order for them to finally provide me with them. At another point, the nurses gave me different instructions for continuing / stopping medications than what the doctor told me. (Obviously I went in to speak directly to the doctor to clarify the situation and clearly took the doctor's advice over the nurses'.)
New Hope Fertility Center
my protocol for egg retrieval [with Dr. Zaher Merhi] I was on gonal f, cetrotide, and clomid the two weeks leading up to my retrieval (all low doses)...always explained the process clearly and compassionately. He listened to my questions and answered them with care and thoughtfulness. Any time I wanted to see him he made time for me. He was kind and gentle with his delivery of all types of news...When monitoring you may not see him as often, but he is still absolutely pouring over the data and making smart decisions based on what he sees. Trust his judgement.
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility] were incredible. Responsive, thoughtful, and detailed in responses. The nurses drawing blood in the lab were the best I’ve ever worked with. Now when I get blood drawn elsewhere I realize how truly special they were...Monitoring hours were a little tricky for me because I had to be at work by 8:00 am as a teacher. However, if I arrived around 6:45 I was never late to work and ready to leave the clinic by 7:40.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was always so kind and encouraging. Even when I got news that wasn’t so great (when I learned of my low AMH, failed iuis, etc) he presented information clearly but when a gentleness that made me feel like he always cared deeply about our goals of growing our family. When our transfer worked he shared in our joy and excitement.
Do not feel the need to interpret every test result- Dr. Merhi will let you know if levels are abnormal or of concern. When monitoring you may not see him as often, but he is still absolutely pouring over the data and making smart decisions based on what he sees. Trust his judgement.
Dr. Merhi always explained the process clearly and compassionately. He listened to my questions and answered them with care and thoughtfulness. Any time I wanted to see him he made time for me. He was kind and gentle with his delivery of all types of news.
In my protocol for egg retrieval I was on gonal f, cetrotide, and clomid the two weeks leading up to my retrieval (all low doses). For my transfer I followed the procedure with taking estradiol orally and suppositories of progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses were incredible. Responsive, thoughtful, and detailed in responses. The nurses drawing blood in the lab were the best I’ve ever worked with. Now when I get blood drawn elsewhere I realize how truly special they were.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
This clinic runs like a well oiled machine. It is organized, sparkling clean, and incredible accessible to patients. The downside is that sometimes it is so busy it can be overwhelming. I would tell new patients not to be intimidated but the wait screen or sheer volume of patients. Expect waits that are not terribly long, but be prepared to make exceptions sometimes. If you go early in the morning you can turn around within 30-45 min.
We’ve paid under 3,000 in total for both the egg retrieval and transfers.
New Hope Fertility Center
Dr. Merhi was very patient and understanding of my circumstance and ultimately what I had gone through and what I was planning to endure to have a baby. He shared different information with me and had a sense of enthusiasm to work along with me, which encouraged me even more. I would have like to have had more one-on-one time through-out my journey...I underwent a mini-IVF, which we utilized letrozole, Chlomid, and injectable hormones prior to the egg retrieval. After the retrieval I was placed on a low dosage of Estradiol and progesterone.
My overall experience [at New Hope Fertility Center] was great and I do not really have any complaints. From the setting to the ambiance to the service to the state of the art equipment, I was really impressed and pleased. I would not change anything about the clinic. I do not see any weaknesses as of today...The nurses and doctors were quick and thorough with their responses, which allowed me to not stress about the process...
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
You may not get enough one-on-one time
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Joanna Tudisco)
98% of the nurses were extremely helpful and responsive to my questions and concerns especially after my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. Joanna Tudisco by far was the most accommodating and thoughtful nurse when I emailed her over 5/6 different times concerning my bloating. The team as a whole is one of the best and I would surely recommend them to my friend/family member.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
My overall experience was great and I do not really have any complaints. From the setting to the ambiance to the service to the state of the art equipment, I was really impressed and pleased. I would not change anything about the clinic. I do not see any weaknesses as of today.
No Comment
My costs equated to approximately 5K between doctor visits, actual IVF, medications, and copays
No comment
New Hope Fertility Center

I had positive and negative experiences with the nursing staff. Most communication is via email and it was hard to get an actual nurse on the phone to provide clinical advice....We are grateful to New Hope because it is the one clinic where we got a a healthy Embryo and did a successful transfer. That being said, there was far less interaction with doctors than at other clinics and much more with ultrasound technicians and nurses via email.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was very hopeful when we met him even though we’d had five failed cycles with two other doctors. We were surprised by his optimism but what won our trust was that he told us what he thought hadn’t worked in previous cycles. He had a completely different philosophy about medications. He felt I’d been given far too much medication and claimed he would not use one very standard medication that I’d been given in 5 other cycles.
He is very trustworthy and truly cares.
Dr. Merhi was extremely warm and attentive with us whenever we saw him.
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi used a mini-IVF protocol where I took clomid and letrozole and then Gonal-F injections for about one week. After that I took medication to prevent ovulation and then a trigger shot before the egg retrieval. For my frozen transfer I took estrogen and then progesterone in oil and progesterone suppositories...listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center]: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner...Lise is the nurse in New Hope’s Long Island office. She is caring and compassionate and communicated with me via email and answered all my questions. She is the best!
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi and the staff at New Hope were truly amazing. They explained everything clearly and tailored the protocol to meet my needs. I was more successful with their mini-IVF protocol than with my previous 2 cycles of conventional IVF. I would recommend them to anyone!
If you don’t understand something, call and speak to a nurse. They are very helpful!
Dr. Merhi listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lise)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner. I am convinced that I would not be pregnant right now if I did not find Dr. Merhi.
I went to monitoring appointments very early in the morning at both the Manhattan and Long Island offices. Manhattan office is very well run with large monitors telling you where to go for blood work and ultrasound. Manhattan office is much larger than Long Island but often more crowded.
My insurance covered a lot of it but I paid out of pocket for the ozone sauna therapy and the PRP procedure. I also had to pay about $2,000 for the egg retrieval and another $2,000 For transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center
[Dr. Zaher Merhi is] Honest, compassionate and very knowledgeable about his expertise. I never would have believed him if he told me I will get you pregnant but he did and was extremely gentle with the whole procedure. He’s wonderful at his job...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me.
All the nurses who [at New Hope Fertility Center] were very understanding and compassionate...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me...They have very updated resources than conventional...The only negative thing I can say is the employees having clear communication between all parties patients and within their environment...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst was transferred on January 20, I’m 7 weeks pregnant and extremely grateful with outcome.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Have faith in your doctor and follow what he tells you and trust the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Brown)
All the nurses who work were very understanding and compassionate
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Use new Hope fertility clinic their approach and their protocol I feel it makes alot more sense as far as the alternative choices that you have. I’m very pleased with my options. They have very updated resources than conventional
No we did not have elective single embryo. My request was implant the healthiest embryo for implantation