5.2

Current Clinic Unknown
address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

I had positive and negative experiences with the nursing staff. Most communication is via email and it was hard to get an actual nurse on the phone to provide clinical advice....We are grateful to New Hope because it is the one clinic where we got a a healthy Embryo and did a successful transfer. That being said, there was far less interaction with doctors than at other clinics and much more with ultrasound technicians and nurses via email.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was very hopeful when we met him even though we’d had five failed cycles with two other doctors. We were surprised by his optimism but what won our trust was that he told us what he thought hadn’t worked in previous cycles. He had a completely different philosophy about medications. He felt I’d been given far too much medication and claimed he would not use one very standard medication that I’d been given in 5 other cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is very trustworthy and truly cares.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi was extremely warm and attentive with us whenever we saw him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
New Hope Fertility Center

Dr. Merhi used a mini-IVF protocol where I took clomid and letrozole and then Gonal-F injections for about one week. After that I took medication to prevent ovulation and then a trigger shot before the egg retrieval. For my frozen transfer I took estrogen and then progesterone in oil and progesterone suppositories...listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Strengths [at New Hope Fertility Center]: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner...Lise is the nurse in New Hope’s Long Island office. She is caring and compassionate and communicated with me via email and answered all my questions. She is the best!
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Merhi and the staff at New Hope were truly amazing. They explained everything clearly and tailored the protocol to meet my needs. I was more successful with their mini-IVF protocol than with my previous 2 cycles of conventional IVF. I would recommend them to anyone!
If you don’t understand something, call and speak to a nurse. They are very helpful!
Dr. Merhi listened closely to our concerns from the beginning. After having 4 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF Cycles at a different clinic, Dr. Merhi recognized my need for mini-IVF since the high doses of medication were potentially harming my eggs. I’m so lucky to have found Dr. Merhi.
Describe the protocols Zaher Merhi used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lise)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: Dr. Merhi is warm and caring and has a great sense of humor. He clearly communicated the protocol and reasoning behind it. He listened to my concerns he personally called me to answer my questions in a timely manner. I am convinced that I would not be pregnant right now if I did not find Dr. Merhi.
I went to monitoring appointments very early in the morning at both the Manhattan and Long Island offices. Manhattan office is very well run with large monitors telling you where to go for blood work and ultrasound. Manhattan office is much larger than Long Island but often more crowded.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covered a lot of it but I paid out of pocket for the ozone sauna therapy and the PRP procedure. I also had to pay about $2,000 for the egg retrieval and another $2,000 For transfer.
New Hope Fertility Center
[Dr. Zaher Merhi is] Honest, compassionate and very knowledgeable about his expertise. I never would have believed him if he told me I will get you pregnant but he did and was extremely gentle with the whole procedure. He’s wonderful at his job...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me.
All the nurses who [at New Hope Fertility Center] were very understanding and compassionate...I was not informed of some procedures but the doctor said he would take care of it for me...They have very updated resources than conventional...The only negative thing I can say is the employees having clear communication between all parties patients and within their environment...I was in lutueal phase cycle when my eggs were retrieved because my first attempt was not successful. During the luteual phase cycle two eggs were retrieved and one genetically tested embryo day 6 blastocyst was transferred on January 20, I’m 7 weeks pregnant and extremely grateful with outcome.
How was your experience with Zaher Merhi at New Hope Fertility Center?
Have faith in your doctor and follow what he tells you and trust the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Brown)
All the nurses who work were very understanding and compassionate
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Use new Hope fertility clinic their approach and their protocol I feel it makes alot more sense as far as the alternative choices that you have. I’m very pleased with my options. They have very updated resources than conventional
Describe Zaher Merhi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
No we did not have elective single embryo. My request was implant the healthiest embryo for implantation