Nurse available by email
ResidencyAlbert Einstein
FellowshipBrigham & Women's Hosp
680 Kinderkamack Road
Oradell, NJ 07649
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Zalman Levine to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Institute of New Jersey to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I just wish that the Doctor [Dr. Levine] would be more open minded with me as his patient to consider a fresh transfer, or modifying my protocol, or explaining why other protocols can't be tried. ... He is a by the book Doctor ... I felt like a failure for him constantly mentioning there were other options such as adoption, or egg donor; I came to see this Doctor to feel as if I could find someone that would be willing to fight with me in beating my odds in infertility based on my age.
The billing department [Fertility Institute of New Jersey] in my opinon awesome never had an issue Penny is great. ... Second IVF was the same but they were willing to work a price because it was my second. I think they try to work with you. ... I think at times even nurses forget what it feels to be a patient until they are on the other end. wanting to understand what one is paying for and asking shouldn't feel like as if the clinic is robbing you I just wanted to understand. ...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Zalman Levine at Fertility Institute of New Jersey?
I will always be thankful that after my egg retrievals with Dr. Levine I always healed well. I just wish that the Doctor would be more open minded with me as his patient to consider a fresh transfer, or modifying my protocol, or explaining why other protocols can't be tried. Dr. Levine always said I responded well to the protocol I was on, but after my first IVF CP I wish he would of consider in my second IVF a different protocol for what I believe would be future pregnancy losses due to my medical history. I went in trusting his first protocol and advise in PGS testing due to my age because I believe in the Doctor and wanted to follow him faithfully. I initially had wanted to try Clomid, but in my consult with him he said that he wouldn't advise it because it would be frustrating for him meaning that I wouldn't be successful in conception because I believe in him and appreciated his honesty about the clomid I felt my treatment would have to be his way, but I don't understand why for the second IVF attempt he wouldn't consider as an option a fresh transfer. when I mentioned opting out of PGS testing he didn't seem supportive. When I asked after my egg retrieval how long I should wait for to attempt another protocol because my husband and I are hoping for at least two children the Doctor seemed dismissive of my question perhaps it was because I asked right after egg retrieval surgery, however he should of answered me. I believe he tries to be very positive in nature, but in my opinion after my second egg retrieval I would of wished he would of come with a bit more medical options. He is a by the book Doctor and while I realize i'm no experiment and I appreciate him for not pushing anything medical on me I felt like a failure for him constantly mentioning there were other options such as adoption, or egg donor; I should of caught on to that on my first consult with him. I came to see this Doctor to feel as if I could find someone that would be willing to fight with me in beating my odds in infertility based on my age. I think he is a wonderful Doctor,but perhaps he works best for women under 36 and younger. I leave this clinic broken hearted and not willing to go a third round because I feel Dr. Levine isn't open to any other options with me and perhaps it was my age and he knew best, but he didn't want to consider my options. I'm sure he is wonderful with other patients that could produce better results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zalman Levine at Fertility Institute of New Jersey?
during your consult ask what would be the protocol he would put you on based on your age? and is the same for other women your age? is he open to other methods? Is PGS testing a must if you have no known genetic diseases? is he willing to do a fresh transfer based on your age?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zalman Levine at Fertility Institute of New Jersey?
Dr. Zalman Levine has a constant personality of positivity, he always asked how I was doing, remembered little details such as my bday. He has a wonderful bedside manner and seems caring.
Describe the protocols Zalman Levine used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Jersey and their degree of success.
First IVF got as far as transfer tested one PGS Normal (good quality) embryo- Gonal-F 450, Menopur 350, Ganarelix, estradiol, pio shots second IVF only egg retrieval- Gonal-F 450, Menopu 350, ganarelix - retrieved four embryos, but according to Doctor Levine on Day 5 they were abnormal (they stopped growing).
Some were more compassionate then others, but it probably didn't help that i was overly inquisitive. Michelle one of the nurses there is kind, but I wish she would of offered me the supplements list before my first IVF not after I called and mentioned that I have a friend currently treating with the clinic. On my second IVF i asked about the prices of one of the trigger shots because at the moment I was confusing it for another shot that I had payed for before egg transfer. I kept my trigger shot for another shot that I had before egg transfer, after she pulled us to the back office I was irritated by her comparing medications to running sneakers and her example of all running sneakers are the same; no they are not, not all runners use the same sneakers especially not avid runners depending on the shape or conditions of their feet the same applies to human beings and medications. while I hope she really didn't mean to seem condescending by also saying this one medication cost $1,000 versus this other medication it would of been enough if she would of just showed us what the medication looked like (which she did after to compare them) because I needed the visual. I am for the most part self pay of course I don't want to pay more than I am already paying, and I'm sure she is great at what she does, but comparing running sneakers to medication to patient care, and if I would prefer to pay more versus the other was not called for. I think at times even nurses forget what it feels to be a patient until they are on the other end. wanting to understand what one is paying for and asking shouldn't feel like as if the clinic is robbing you I just wanted to understand.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
They get busy. Ashley at the front desk was always awesome. Allison the NP once called me after requesting to speak to Dr. Levine to call me, but he never got my message and had left on vacation she called and answered my questions and at that moment I learned and wished that I could speak more with Allison because it was the way she explained my questions that I felt she offered more of what I probably needed. TTC is such a tough journey I guess everyone offers something different and everyone there fills in emotionally on what you as a patient feel. I'm not here to attack the clinic I personally wished it would of worked with them. The billing department in my opinon awesome never had an issue Penny is great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zalman Levine at Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
First IVF was expensive but included monitoring and blood work not medication, they do offer military discounts. Second IVF was the same but they were willing to work a price because it was my second. I think they try to work with you.
Describe Zalman Levine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
The clinic is specific only one single embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Zalman Levine at Fertility Institute of New Jersey.

Dr. Levine did encourage a single embryo transfer...We got the sense that I was the only patient he thinks about all day. He explained things clearly, did not raise false hopes and answered our questions with endless patience. He called in person to deliver all results and inquire about my well being on many occasions. This journey towards a positive pregnancy was truly a remarkable experience that was sweetened by his devotion and care.
The clinic [Fertility Institute of New Jersey] is organized, clean and well kept. Wait times are short usually. The lab technicians are very experienced and can draw blood out of the toughest of veins. Departments dealing with finances are experienced professionals...I felt like I was the only patient at the clinic although I did see other patients in the waiting room. The attention we received was unparalleled. Everyone in the office knew us on a first name basis and was familiar with our specific situation.
Our experience with Dr. Levine was incredible. He is truly a unique individual. He is above all a very competent professional. At the same time he is caring, compassionate, warm and patient. We got the sense that I was the only patient he thinks about all day. He explained things clearly, did not raise false hopes and answered our questions with endless patience. He called in person to deliver all results and inquire about my well being on many occasions. This journey towards a positive pregnancy was truly a remarkable experience that was sweetened by his devotion and care.
Expect to be stunned! Just when you think this doctor cannot get any better than he already is - he will surprise you!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Bernadette)
All the nurses were patient, responsive and very informative.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
The clinic is organized, clean and well kept. Wait times are short usually. The lab technicians are very experienced and can draw blood out of the toughest of veins. Departments dealing with finances are experienced professionals.
Around 30k
Dr. Levine did encourage a single embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Levine used Letrizole for me as I have PCOS. He initially started with a lower dosage of letrizole but when I did not ovulate he adjusted the dosage to 10 mg. My body did respond to the 10 mg of letrizole and I ovulated 2x from that. He preferred to start with letrizole as their are less side effects and less risk of multiples...Dr. Levine took the time to patiently explain all details of the procedure. His office is set up beautifully and makes you feel like you are visiting a spa- not like you are waiting in a gross doctors office. The staff is all super friendly and warm and helpful.
The only thing I found confusing [at Fertility Institute of New Jersey] was that when the nurses called back with results - they didnt always match what I had been expected to be told based on what the doctor told me. I found the clinic atmosphere to be super positive and helpful overall...Dr. Levine took the time to patiently explain all details of the procedure. His office is set up beautifully and makes you feel like you are visiting a spa- not like you are waiting in a gross doctors office. The staff is all super friendly and warm and helpful.
I found Dr. Levine to be very patient and thorough in explaining the process and the risks. I found that he took the time at our initial appointment to get to know myself and my husband thoroughly. I found that his demeanor was warm and that he remembered details about me from visit to visit because he truly cared.
I travel from NY - and I find that the earlier I leave the office in the morning - the less chance I have of hitting rush hour on the way home.
I didn't know the nurses very well. There was a PA at the clinic who was excellent and got back to me about all my questions. Her name is Alyson Butler
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
The only thing I found confusing was that when the nurses called back with results - they didnt always match what I had been expected to be told based on what the doctor told me. I found the clinic atmosphere to be super positive and helpful overall
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Jersey?
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Levine always asked about my family, my husband, my work, and made it a point to remember all the little details.... He was always kind and compassionate. I would go to him again and again. He was thorough and knowledgable.... The first two IUI's I used clomid, and then lectrozol because I did not react well with clomid.... The fresh embryo transfer was unsuccessful but my second frozen one was great. I was closely monitored. The first few weeks were spent ruling out genetics and other issues.
The practice [Fertility Institute of New Jersey] is beautiful. They have coffee, phone charging stations and water in the waiting room. I wish there was a place to lay my head to close my eyes but overall it is a pleasure to go. The staff at the front desk is always organized as well.... Staff is always kind, patient and compassionate.... You could go in whenever was good for you from 6am -9 am. It was smooth and efficient.
He was always kind and compassionate. I would go to him again and again. He was thorough and knowledgable. They also helped me financially in any way they could. I eventually had my baby and I wouldn't have done it any other way.
Ask questions, stay informed.
The first two IUI's I used clomid, and then lectrozol because I did not react well with clomid. The fresh embryo transfer was unsuccessful but my second frozen one was great. I was closely monitored. The first few weeks were spent ruling out genetics and other issues. He understood my haste for wanting a baby but we were patient!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alyson Butler is my PA)
Staff is always kind, patient and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
The practice is beautiful. They have coffee, phone charging stations and water in the waiting room. I wish there was a place to lay my head to close my eyes but overall it is a pleasure to go. The staff at the front desk is always organized as well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
As we did not test the eggs he let me place two eggs in each transfer which I greatly appreciated.

1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF, Surrogacy
Cancer
He [Dr. Levine] is very caring and makes you feel important. Came highly recommended from friends who have had successful pregnancies. He made an awkward situation with a gestational carrier much easier, which is not an easy thing to do. When we had a miscarriage he was very compassionate.... He is open to transferring 2 if need be which can be helpful to increase your odds of a successful pregnancy.... A few weeks of estrogen for my carrier and then the injectables.
Great location, very helpful accessible staff [Fertility Institute of New Jersey]. Even the people at the front desk and in billing are kind and compassionate. When you call them they try to solve the problem and will connect you with whoever they need. They are very fast when you ask them to do something. Surrogacy takes a lot of coordinating and they were very sensitive to our needs.... Very expensive because it is a gestational carrier but after our failed transfer they reduced the cost.
1 Egg Freezing (cancer), 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF, Surrogacy
Cancer
He is very caring and makes you feel important. Came highly recommended from friends who have had successful pregnancies. He made an awkward situation with a gestational carrier much easier, which is not an easy thing to do. When we had a miscarriage he was very compassionate.
Go see him right away!
Personal care
A few weeks of estrogen for my carrier and then the injectables.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alyson Butler)
So personable and caring. Very responsive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
Great location, very helpful accessible staff. Even the people at the front desk and in billing are kind and compassionate. When you call them they try to solve the problem and will connect you with whoever they need. They are very fast when you ask them to do something. Surrogacy takes a lot of coordinating and they were very sensitive to our needs.
2008 - 2016
He [Dr. Levine] is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Excellent bedside manner, superb mastery of his medical specialty, overall amazing RE. Because of his patience and dedication, we have 3 amazing beautiful children....Dr and staff always knew my name, where I was holding in treatment, And treated me with compassion and respect....Injections with induced ovulation, IVF with ICSI. 3 day transfer due to embryos declining in the lab
They [Fertility Inst of New Jersey] are amazing in every way. They will help you figure out the financing if need be. They’re kind and will do anything to help you build your family. They are warm, kind, and their technology and skill set are top notch.... Caring, dedicated, kind. Knowledgeable... Dr [Zalman Levine] and staff always knew my name, where I was holding in treatment, And treated me with compassion and respect.
2008 - 2016
He is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Excellent bedside manner, superb mastery of his medical specialty, overall amazing RE. Because of his patience and dedication, we have 3 amazing beautiful children.
Absolutely go with Dr. Levine. Having an amazing doctor how you trust is imperative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alison Butler)
Caring, dedicated, kind. Knowledgeable
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
They are amazing in every way. They will help you figure out the financing if need be. They’re kind and will do anything to help you build your family. They are warm, kind, and their technology and skill set are top notch.
We used our insurance
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Levine spoke to me so calmy. He listened and explained to me i had pcos. No doctor ever told me that. He said he wished more people came into his office with just pcos. He is very hopeful...[The Fertility Institute of New Jersey is] a little run down but everyone is so nice
Dr Levine is amazing! He explains things so clearly. He is understanding and was very positive.
To tell him everything that is going on and to explain everything.
Very nice. Very informative
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Jersey.
It's a little run down but everyone is so nice