Zaraq Khan

Mayo Clinic

Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolAga Khan University
ResidencyMayo School
FellowshipMayo School
Rochester
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Zaraq Khan to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mayo Clinic to a friend?
Each visit with Dr. Khan he was through, friendly, humorous and compassionate. He did a great job explaining the process with specific and light hearted examples; making the tough process and decision making more bearable. It was also great that he made sure we understood the process and next steps....
How was your experience with Zaraq Khan at Mayo Clinic?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zaraq Khan at Mayo Clinic?
Don't be uncomfortable to ask questions!
Describe the protocols Zaraq Khan used in your cycles at Mayo Clinic and their degree of success.
I am beginning my stimulation in a few months. I will be taking estrdiol, follistim, menopur and ganirelix. I will be doing a fresh cycle following retrieval and ICSI.
Mayo Clinic uses an online portal for questions; which is really convenient. The nurses are very prompt and get back in as little as an hour and up to a day. I feel comfortable asking questions and checking in.
Describe your experience with Mayo Clinic.
strengths: great reviews and awards, prompt, compassionate, available, this is the only clinic I found in my area that accepts insurance for Advanced Reproductive Technologies (ART), other clinics I was looking at required to patient to pay out of pocket for ART. "weakness" : I was not anticipating waiting 2 months to actually start my cycle. I completed the consult and pre-testing within two weeks of one another, then was told the first available date for me to start was in 2 months. However, this goes to show that since there is a waiting list it is a popular clinic and worth the wait!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zaraq Khan at Mayo Clinic.
freshcycle 20k meds 4-8k ISCI $1,500 Freezing embryos $1,000
Describe Zaraq Khan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Khan recommends transferring one embryo at a time, based upon my age (28) and reproductive health. We are facing male infertility.
Zaraq Khan