Weill Cornell Medical College

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolSUNY
ResidencyLong Island Jewish
FellowshipJohns Hopkins
1305 York Avenue
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Zev Rosenwaks to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
When we had our initial consultation, he [Dr. Rosenwaks] really seemed invested and studied my husband and I. He asked a lot of questions and asked us to elaborate and get specific relevant details related to family history. I vividly remember him sitting in our first consultation for a solid hour and he seemed truly invested in the cause, you could see the wheels spinning in his mind.
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Rosenwaks is not warm or bubbly, but he is a GENIUS. He knows the science and art of fertility. I did always feel like I was in the absolute best of hands. I never doubted, IF he would successfully get me pregnant, it was just a matter of time. He definitely is not forthcoming when it comes to providing information and a treatment plan, he only provides bits and pieces as time goes along, I think that is the case because he really studies you as a patient and makes decisions as things progress and he makes adjustments accordingly. I would definitely be going back for future pregnancy help.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would tell a future patient to not expect that Dr Rosenwaks would "hold your hand" through the process and as hard as it is just to just simply trust him. He really does have the patients safety and interest first. He will get the job done.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
When we had our initial consultation, he really seemed invested and studied my husband and I. He asked a lot of questions and asked us to elaborate and get specific relevant details related to family history. I vividly remember him sitting in our first consultation for a solid hour and he seemed truly invested in the cause, you could see the wheels spinning in his mind.
Describe the protocols Zev Rosenwaks used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Dr Rosenwaks definitely wanted to start as least invasive as possible, we started with a very low dose of clomid for stimulation and an IUI. His ultimate goal is a healthy singleton pregnancy. The first clomid + iui produced a chemical pregnancy...though I was devastated, he was thrilled because it proved I could get pregnant. We attempted the same a 2nd round and it was a negative test. After that, I pleaded to start IVF because I knew that would more likely be successful and I was impatient. He was on board and he gave me extremely low doses of the stimulation drugs to prevent on complications. He is very cautious. My first IVF cycle was very successful--I have a healthy singleton live birth and 5 frozen day 5 embryos that are reported "excellent quality."
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Teryn Wiedemann)
She was absolutely amazing, I communicated with her several times a day via e-mail. She was always warm and honest. She did the "hand holding" which I GREATLY appreciated. I hope to work with her again.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It sometimes did feel like a factory, but everything was well organized and efficient. I found going for monitoring right when the opened allowed me to very rarely wait any great length of time. My husband did have to wait to give his sample. The staff including the receptionists and medical assistants were also very warm.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I always went right at opening so I did not have to wait. I needed to be there early to make it to work on time. The line was very long on weekends and later in the morning, this was not an issue for me though because I was there at the earliest possible minute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Everything was out of pocket, Dr Rosenwaks does not accept insurance. All procedures were attempted to be billed to insurance, though I had minimal coverage.
Describe Zev Rosenwaks's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I know Dr Rosenwaks much prefers a single transfer as he feels that is safest for baby and mom. I pleaded for multiple and he was adamant for a single, and fortunately for me it worked out.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Upper East Side
He [Dr. Zev Rosenwaks] is efficient in his testing procedures and had requested a lot of different tests than my previous clinic. This made me feel more confident in his skills than my previous doctor. He is also prescribing a different method of treatment for my next cycle which makes me feel like he is more thoughtful in his approach rather than just out to get our money by suggesting the most expensive option.
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I am still going through the process so I can't detail my experience in full but everything so far has been positive. He is efficient in his testing procedures and had requested a lot of different tests than my previous clinic. This made me feel more confident in his skills than my previous doctor. He is also prescribing a different method of treatment for my next cycle which makes me feel like he is more thoughtful in his approach rather than just out to get our money by suggesting the most expensive option.
Know that you might not always see him for each visit. I have seen him most visits but he has not performed all the procedures, like the HSG. However, the other doctor I have seen has always been consistent so I do not feel like I'm rotating through the whole clinic.
He took the time to explain the results of my tests to help me understand them. He was very thorough in all his testing.
We are just beginning my IUI cycle. It's going to be an IUI with Clomid. I do not yet know the dose. The pretesting has involved: A complete work up of blood tests 2 semen analysis for my husband Several vaginal ultrasounds An HSG ( no balloon method) A saline ultrasound
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sandra Babic )
She is not a nurse but a coordinator for Dr Rosenwaks. She has been helpful with scheduling.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Efficient clinic; I am usually seen within 10 minutes of checking in for my appointment Some patients might feel like it's a revolving door because there are usually several people waiting
He does not accept any insurance
This has not yet been discussed because we are trying IUI first
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Zev [Dr. Rosenwaks] is a man of few words, but when he speaks, everyone listens. He does not over promise, and is very direct....Zev did all my morning monitoring himself, even came in on a weekend. When I came in for my beta, he was waiting for me and personally walked me to get my blood drawn.... Also, he does not call back for most questions. And doesnt call back same day. He is really only going to pay attention when you are doing a cylce with him. The rest of the time expect to communicate with nurses.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I 100% attribute Zev to the birth of my daughter. He is not a doctor who will hold your hand or be your best friend. He is all business, all the time. A very serious guy. But thats what I wanted. Didnt care about bedside mannor or a nice doctor. I wanted to have a baby and he made that happen. But have a thick skin going to him. Also, he does not call back for most questions. And doesnt call back same day. He is really only going to pay attention when you are doing a cylce with him. The rest of the time expect to communicate with nurses.
Trust he is on top of your case and dont expect any hand holding.
Zev is a man of few words, but when he speaks, everyone listens. He does not over promise, and is very direct. After my first cycle with him that resulted in a miscarriage, Zev did all my morning monitoring himself, even came in on a weekend. When I came in for my beta, he was waiting for me and personally walked me to get my blood drawn. I feel like this is pretty rare, and even if he is not present all the time, he is studying your case.
Round 1 ivf - freeze all, pgs. Then FET with two embryos. Resulted in miscarriage at 8 weeks. Round 2 ivf - clomed priming protocol. Day 3 fresh transfer. Live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hunter)
The nurses are all good. They will call back and are much easier to get in touch with than doctors. My first cycle I had Hunter who was great. She then left Cornell and I had several nurses during my second cycle. It did not really bother me - I got the call every day about meds and did not feel like my care was compromised bec I know Zev was closely managing everything.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is a very busy clinic and a wekl oiled macbine. You will not see the same doc for monitoring each morning and your dr will most likely not be doing your proceedures. This is not a clinic for hand holding. However they are the best at what they do. At first it bothered me they were not more progressive, but in the end their way worked for me.
Busy cattle call. Takes an hour sometimes.
He does not take insurance. Appointments were $200-$500. Ivf was $12k plus additional for icsi, pgs, etc.
I always transfered two embroys.
Upper East Side
After a failed transfer, his nurse told me he[Dr. Zev Rosenwaks] took my records home to have time to quietly reflect and be sure he hadn't missed anything. He hadn't, we proceeded, and I was pregnant on the next try. He is a consummate professional, so he won't cry with you, but if and when you need that, you can lean on his amazing staff of nurses and the incomparable practice head, Wally. I wanted the most experienced, smartest, devoted, results-oriented Doctor I could find and Dr Rosenwaks is absolutely that.
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went to Dr Rosenwaks after hearing countless stories about his success in treating patients who had suffered failures with other doctors. He presents as the deeply experienced, obsessive practitioner he is. He is the best kind of Doctor: confident, process-oriented, curious, and dedicated to helping patients achieve their goals. He has seen it all, and that gave me confidence that if I put myself in his care, I would get pregnant. He was there for me whenever I needed him, puzzling through scenarios and cracking my code. After a failed transfer, his nurse told me he took my records home to have time to quietly reflect and be sure he hadn't missed anything. He hadn't, we proceeded, and I was pregnant on the next try. He is a consummate professional, so he won't cry with you, but if and when you need that, you can lean on his amazing staff of nurses and the incomparable practice head, Wally. I wanted the most experienced, smartest, devoted, results-oriented Doctor I could find and Dr Rosenwaks is absolutely that.
Trust in his experience and in the process. Be patient and know that his success rates are among the best in the world and you will get there if you stay the course.
Dr Rosenwaks is passionate about helping his patients create their families. He is a legend in his profession but still treats every new patient with focus, determination, and compassion. I felt he was extremely invested in my care and his entire staff felt like family to me by the end of the ivf process.
I previously froze eggs at another practice using the same follistim/gonal f/menopur combo protocol from a day 2 start. However, Dr Rosenwaks took a more judicious approach to medicating me, which made the process much easier and produced exactly the result he wanted (15 eggs retrieved, 12 isci embryos, 10 day 5 blastocysts, 5 embryos normal after pre genetic testing). Because I was not overstimulated by Dr Rosenwaks, the entire retrieval process was easier and recovery was much faster.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Kristin)
They are fantastic. Total pros and so invested in your care. They are there for you 24/7.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Because it's the best, it is a busy practice. The good news is that every doctor, nurse, and fellow you see in your process is an elite practitioner. They are all truly excellent. The wait for blood work can be long if you come later in the morning, but again, it's a function of a popular practice.
15 to 20k with pgs and icsi, partially covered by insurance.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Rosenwaks is very thorough and requires all exams/testing be done there as he really wants accurate info. He always communicated with me directly including calling me on my cell phone when we needed to make an urgent decision....I don't think this [Cornell] clinic has weaknesses. It is efficiently run. All testing/pgs is done in house. Nether embryology is great. Sometimes hard to get someone on the phone initially, but once you are assigned a nurse, email communication is great/fast....$19,000 for ivf with monitoring, ICSI and PGS...Monitoring is very efficient. You come sign in during the window. They call you by when you signed in. You are in and out very quickly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
You can trust him to do the best for you. Cornell is a well run clinic and he is a top notch Doctor.
Dr. Rosenwaks takes the time to talk to me realistically, but compassionately. He is honest about my chances, but never puts me down for wanting to continue to try.
We used an antagonist protocol with 20 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 12 fertilized, 5 day 5 embryos (my previous doc said my embryos would not make it to day 5)
She was excellent at answering my questions and getting me my results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I don't think this clinic has weaknesses. It is efficiently run. All testing/pgs is done in house. Nether embryology is great. Sometimes hard to get someone on the phone initially, but once you are assigned a nurse, email communication is great/fast.
$19,000 for ivf with monitoring, ICSI and PGS
Upper East Side
He [Dr. Rosenwaks] doesn't answer questions to a patients understanding but gets the job done...Don't expect compassion, he will not hold your hand....Hard to talk to but extremely smart....When Kristen called with good news you heard her genuinely happy for us and she cried years of joy when speaking to her the first time after a positive test. When I called to schedule an appointment for my next cycle she insisted I bring my baby that she must meet him and was excited to hear back from me that I was starting again
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Zev Rosenwaks at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Hard to talk to but extremely smart.
Don't expect compassion, he will not hold your hand
He doesn't answer questions to a patients understanding but gets the job done
Patch, gonal, menopur and ganerelix
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Kristen and hunter)
Very busy