Medical SchoolNorman Bethune
ResidencyAlbert Einstein
4 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Zitao Liu to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New Hope Fertility Center to a friend?
He [Dr. Liu] doesn't remember your chart and has no clue what he is doing. After my 1st failed embryo implantation, he failed to convey what his plan was to improve chances for 2nd embryo transfer. My 2nd embryo did not implant and he only told me after that it was not a good embryo and had very little chances of implantation...Poor communicator...never available to answer my questions or guide me about the approach
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Strengths: None Weaknesses: Poor communicator. It is nearly impossible to understand what Dr Liu says because of his accent. During one of my Hysteroscopy procedures, he started talking to me in Chinese without thinking that I don't know the language. He doesn't remember your chart and has no clue what he is doing. After my 1st failed embryo implantation, he failed to convey what his plan was to improve chances for 2nd embryo transfer. My 2nd embryo did not implant and he only told me after that it was not a good embryo and had very little chances of implantation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Do not waste your time to see him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
The staff and doctors at New Hope are just trying to process your blood work and sonogram. They don't take a look at your history and don't remember which medications you have been taking. Dr Liu was never available to answer my questions or guide me about the approach
Describe the protocols Zitao Liu used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I was given Follistim for about 10 days before egg retrieval. Post embryo transfer, I was taking Progesterone in oil shots to help the embryo implant and increase progesterone in blood. My endometrium lining is also on the thinner side, so I was taking estrogen supplements every day
There are a lot of nurses at New Hope and there is no 1 single nurse you will communicate with. I had a different nurse every time I went there or someone who sent me a protocol for medications. If you have any questions, the nurses are not very fast to respond to/ get in touch with
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths: Mini ivf for anyone looking for less invasive IVF Weaknesses: Majority of staff is Chinese here, so it is very tough to understand what they are saying including Dr Zhang. No communications about treatment plan/ changes in protocol. Billing is very slow as well. They would keep sending me bills instead of getting it from insurance and would never respond to my emails. Almost feels like a mill..too many people and no personalized approach
They have monitoring hours from only 7am-3pm. You cannot book an appointment and sometimes the wait time was almost an hour to get blood work and sonogram. They don't handle special requests such as if you have to leave early, etc. For instance, one day I needed to get out by a certain time to catch the train and they were like-"we can't do anything about it, you have to wait"
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center.
My insurance covered most of it but i paid around $2k for genetic testing, medications and copay
Describe Zitao Liu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
My doctor recommended single embryo transfer as he thought I had a smaller body frame and we should avoid any risks with twins
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Liu is very insightful caring and innovative. He doesn't give up in the face of challenges or set backs. He modified treatment plans for the best possible outcome. He communicates with you every step of the way and is always encouraging you along the way...From the very beginning I was treated with the utmost respect and care and was told for the first time that I could have a baby using my own eggs.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Liu is very insightful caring and innovative. He doesn't give up in the face of challenges or set backs. He modified treatment plans for the best possible outcome. He communicates with you every step of the way and is always encouraging you along the way. I highly respected him for his honesty and would recommended him to everyone.
When visiting Dr. LIU it is best to be as informed as possible about your specific needs and concerns. Dr. LIU will answer all of your questions with detailed explanations. He almost gives you a mini lesson in such a sweet way if you truly want to understand something more in depth. Bring all your questions no matter how insignificant they may seem he will be happy to answer them.
Dr. LIU is the most positive and motivated fertility doctor that I hve ever met. He passes along his enthusiasm and profound insight onto his patients. He is honest caring and very proactive always trying to tweak treatment to get the best possible results. As a woman in her 40's with DOR and tubal related infertility, I had gone to another fertility center where I was always left feeling discouraged and told on several occasions that I should consider donor eggs. I made a decision to leave this other reputable clinic and opted to give New Hope and Dr. LIU a chance. I'm glad I did. From the very beginning I was treated with the utmost respect and care and was told for the first time that I could have a baby using my own eggs. At first I was skeptical after all I had been told at the previous clinic but after 2 ivf cycles with Dr. LIU, I was able to create 3 embryos. Dr. LIU has encouraged me every step of the way and even when I said that maybe I would consider donor eggs, he said no ..I believe you can have a baby with your own. This brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart. Dr. LIU is very passionate about helping his patients no matter what their medical issues are. I appreciate him and everyone at New Hope they truly gave me my hope back when I was in a very dark place. I am trying to gather financing for 1 more ivf cycle/transfer so that we can finally try for our baby. Dr. LIU is someone I would highly recommended to anyone. He is innovative and always encourages you to believe that anything is possible.
Dr. LIU prescribes 1/2 dose of bcp's prior to starting a cycle for 10 day only as to not over supress my ovaries. I was also put on Clomid and Letrozole to stimulate multiple follicle development which I responded to nicely. I used a mini ivf protocol with minimal gondateopin injections ( gonal f) 75-150 for about 10-12 day. Cetrotide was used the last 3 days of stimulation in order to prevent ovulation. Lupron 20 mg was used as a trigger shot along with 1/2 dose of Ganirelex. This cycle resulted in 7 eggs retrieved 5 fertilized 2 made it to Blast.
The nursing staff is very diligent in answering questions ordering medication and making sure that you have everything you need to undergo treatment.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is the most comfortable atmosphere I've ever been in. As soon as you walk in you smell relaxing scented oils and hear beautiful meditation music playing in the background. It's very bright and spacious. Plenty of comfortable seats and a large beautifully lit fish tank that you can gaze upon. They have big tv screens where your first name and last initial pop up so that you know it's your turn to go in for either blood work or sonogram. The front desk staff is always helpful and pleasant . They offer wonderful refreshments such as coffee tea and cucumber lemon water as well as healthy snacks such as fruit and oatmeal cookies while you wait. It's such a relaxing place.
Monitoring is set up in the most efficient and caring way. You check in and then look for your name to pop up on the screen signaling it's your turn. Nurses nd staff are always friendly and efficient and they get to know you personally. I loved how efficient and easy monitoring is.
A typical IVF cycle for egg retrieval and fertilization under a mini ivf can cost up to $4500-5500. Depending if you are doing a frozen 5 day or fresh 3 day transfer. There is a separate flat rate monitoring fee of $800 Medications is separate and I acquired it through my insurance with co payments.
Dr. LIU recommended multiple embryo transfer due to my age in order to increase pregnancy chances.
IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Hes kind and sweet..very empathic and makes you feel like a special patient. As I stated earlier, hes well versed, excellent fertility doctor, with the added empathic and kind delivery mode. As an older woman, he gives you the facts straight, but while still taking care of my emotional state.
IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
hes kind and sweet..very empathic and makes you feel like a special patient. As I stated earlier, hes well versed, excellent fertility doctor, with the added empathic and kind delivery mode. As an older woman, he gives you the facts straight, but while still taking care of my emotional state.
listen carefully,,he has an accent so speaks slower..
I have been at NHFC for a few years..first egg freezing mini ivf then fertilizing my frozen eggs. Dr Zhang is more blunt and honest and well versed in the science.. but he could work in softening the delivery. I like that he doesnt sugar coat bc i trust him. Dr Liu is well just better at delivery, more empathic to what we are going through as older women. He makes me feel like a woman in his family and that makes me feel hopeful-while hes still remaining very honest. Hes a gentle soul.
mini ivf, luteal phase, as this is what my body reacts to better. I have had several rounds of mini IVF and egg freezing..20 eggs fertlized with donor sperm, made 7 embryos, of which 4 were mosaic, and 1 embryo which remains untested.
great professional women. i like them-but they could be a bit better at talking a bit more with patients. But i guess since the place is always busy they dont have much chit chat time
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Strengths-their bread and butter is women over 40 and difficult cases. It has excellent flexible monitoring times 7 am-2 pm-perfect for the working woman! Large welcoming space. Weaknesses-they are getting quite big and heavy traffic. Maybe add more doctors..Maybe also facilitate a way for existing patients to have a forum to meet up and discuss (through their own volition) their issues to know they are not alone
moderate...$2000 for extraction and $800 for monitoring (when not covered by insurance) $1000 freezing, $1000 fertilizing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
I was switched over to Dr. Liu last minute and he knew nothing about it me and it was apparent....I felt rushed, the service was very generic. There was uncertainty particularly with when I was ready for the implant. He was rushed and I never had the assurance I needed. He was passed over to me in a very dismissive way and his accent was so strong at times, I would have to ask him to email me as I could not fully understand.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Immunological, Unexplained
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
Ask for Dr. Zang instead.
Dr. Zang was my original doctor I had received consultation and during the retrieval process. I was switched over to Dr. Liu last minute and he knew nothing about it me and it was apparent.
Mini IVF that included estradiol pills daily and follistim injections. Ovidrel was used to stimulate the final follicle(s) maturation and to initiate the trigger before Egg Retrieval.There was consistent blood work done at their facilities.
The office itself operates like a well oiled machine. There was no consistency with nurse staff. I was passed around and couldn't depend on any one person to answer my email etc.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope is a clean, well run office. The Mini IVF approach works for those that want a low stimulation that mirrors most natural cycle. Communication is what this office lacks as there were a few disconnects in our journey. Most of the challenges were in the implant stage vs retrieval.
monitoring appointments themselves were easy but the communication disconnect came into play when determining my lining was Ok to move forward with implant.
Dont recall all the costs but the biggest thing to consider is that its $200 per lab appointment. You can pay $800 a month for unlimited. This was what we hadnt planned would be most expensive as they constantly had me come in to determine whether my levels and lining was ready for implant. Took too long and too much money.
Dr. Zhang whom presented himself as handling everything only to later pass me on to Dr. Lui explained that he felt confident that this Mini IVF would yield about 4 eggs. He suggested I run PGS genetic testing to ensure only the best embryos are selected. 4 were actually retrieved and 2 passed PGS. New Hope was opposed to having implant both at the same time but we went ahead with implanting both (5 day/PGS tested) embryos at once.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Liu] is nice. Like the other doctors there, he doesn't really explain why they are using the medications or such. I don't think most patients want to know as much as we do...he has a kind and respectful demeanor and he does not have the big ego that a lot of doctors have....I like it that you can choose to do egg retrievals without sedation. Most clinics will not allow the patient this choice...
Other, Prefer not to answer
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Zitao Liu at New Hope Fertility Center?
He is nice. Like the other doctors there, he doesn't really explain why they are using the medications or such. I don't think most patients want to know as much as we do. I'm not sure any ivf doctors would explain much anywhere else either but I don't know.
I don't know.
I like Dr. Liu. Like Dr. Zhang, he has a kind and respectful demeanor and he does not have the big ego that a lot of doctors have.
We've done natural and mini ivfs at the clinic. I really can't remember specifically which times we did what. I don't have many follicles but we do have a couple of frozen blasts after this that we did not choose to pgs test because of finances and other reasons.
They are busy. Some of them are nice and some seem to not to have much empathy or understanding of the sacrifices and difficulties of being infertile and paying for ivf.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is very busy but does monitoring and retrievals every morning seven days a week. They are very economically priced compared to most clinics in America. I like it that you can choose to do egg retrievals without sedation. Most clinics will not allow the patient this choice.
I like the monitoring here. It is very efficient and you come when you want to (mornings and maybe afternoons?)
It depends on what you are doing. The clinic is much cheaper than most US ivf clinics. We didn't use insurance so I don't know about that at all.
I'm not sure. We have not planned any transfers yet.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?